PDA

View Full Version : Joe Walsh Greatest Hits Survivor!

Pages : [1] 2

sodascouts
09-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Time for the Joe Walsh’s Greatest Hits: Little Did He Know (aka The Definitive Collection) Survivor, where we vote off Joe’s greatest hits until we get to the last one standing!

If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6551&postcount=7)

I'm going to list the songs from Little Did He Know here. Vote for the song that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "Voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for your LEAST favorite, not your favorite.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern Daylight time (GMT – 4 hours) the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes cannot be cast after the cut off time of 8:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted.

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

The tie-breaker question will be asked one hour after results are in, if there is need for it. The exception is the last round. If the tie-breaker does not resolve the last round, then the tie will be allowed to stand.

For this Survivor, we also have immunity questions. We won't have immunity questions on the first or second-to-last-rounds, and of course we won't have them for the last round, lol. However, for the other rounds, we will.

Here's how immunity questions work. After the beginning of the round, I ask a Walsh-related question. The first person who answers the question correctly gets to pick a remaining song to be immune - no one can vote for it on the next round. I'll allow two hours for someone to answer. If no one gets it right by then, then we continue the round as normal without any song being immune. You only get one guess per round, so be careful!

The winner of the Joe's Greatest Hits Survivor is...

LIFE'S BEEN GOOD!

Congratulations LIFE'S BEEN GOOD.

Songs eliminated:
Mothers Says 09/04/08
Midnight Man 09/06/08
Tend My Garden 09/08/08
Meadows 09/10/08
The Confessor 09/12/08
The Bomber 09/14/08
Ordinary Average Guy 09/16/08
Turn To Stone 09/18/08
All Night Long 09/20/08
A Life of Illusion 09/22/08
Walk Away 09/24/08
Help Me Thru The Night 09/26/08
Rocky Mountain Way 09/28/08
Funk #49 09/30/08

The game is over.

Thanks for playing.

sodascouts
09-02-2008, 08:04 PM
It's not that Midnight Man is bad, it's just not that great. And the whole "Midnight Man, be mine" part confuses me, since most of the song is sung by a dude! ;)

I cast my vote for Midnight Man.

ticky
09-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Im with Soda. It's not my favorite Joe song, and definatly my least favorite off this album.
I vote for Midnight Man also.

Prettymaid
09-02-2008, 09:51 PM
It's funny, Midnight Man is probably my 'most improved song', in that I like it much more now than when I first heard it. It's really grown on me, especially the third verse female vocal. That parts just so pretty...

The man and woman are singing to each other, therefore...
(Man) I'm your Midnight Man
(Woman) Midnight Man be mine.

I'd rather see Mother Says go the first round. The tune is very repetitive and it's my least favorite song on this cd.

I cast my vote for Mother Says.

AzEaglesFan
09-02-2008, 11:17 PM
I'll go with Mother Says too. Midnight Man has started to grow on me, the more I hear it the better I like it.

Wildthyme
09-02-2008, 11:51 PM
Can't say I care for either of them but for this round my vote for elimination goes to Mother Says...

:samurai:

Freypower
09-03-2008, 12:00 AM
How strange. I had to familiarise myself with both songs yesterday, and they are my least favourite. Midnight Man didn't really work for me, so I cast my vote for Midnight Man.

Mrs Henley
09-03-2008, 07:51 AM
I like a lot of the album, but Midnight Man is not my fav.

I cast my vote for Midnight Man too

TimothyBFan
09-03-2008, 08:03 AM
Sorry-but I'm gonna be the odd man out here. I really don't mind Midnight Man or even Mother Says. My least favorite off this album is Tend My Garden. It just never grew on me.

I vote for Tend My Garden

Prettymaid
09-03-2008, 09:09 AM
Sorry-but I'm gonna be the odd man out here. I really don't mind Midnight Man or even Mother Says. My least favorite off this album is Tend My Garden. It just never grew on me.

No pun intended, Willie?:hilarious:

DonFan
09-03-2008, 09:43 AM
I cast my first vote for Mother Says.

glenneaglesfan
09-03-2008, 01:15 PM
It's interesting that my first two to vote off are the ones that most people have voted for. I'm fond of Tend My Garden - that line "I do want to be your man, oh yeah" gets me! Of the other two, I prefer Midnight Man, so

I cast my vote for Mother Says

Brooke
09-03-2008, 04:14 PM
I had to have a listen to both of those again. I can't say I really care for either, so it's a toss up!

JoeFan
09-04-2008, 01:17 AM
I cast my vote for Tend My Garden too.

The_Girl_Of_Summer
09-04-2008, 04:35 PM
I cast my vote for Mother Says

sodascouts
09-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Hey guys, tallies will be a bit late tonight as I am going out to dinner. As soon as Kay or I can, we'll post them as well as an immunity question. Shouldn't be more than a couple hours.

Ive always been a dreamer
09-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Hi guys - I'm working on compiling the results now. I should have the results posted not too long after 8:00 p.m.

In the meantime, I will vote strategically as I often do.

I cast my vote for The Bomber.

09-04-2008, 08:10 PM
The first song to be voted off the island in Joe’s Joe Walsh’s Greatest Hits: Little Did He Know (aka The Definitive Collection) Survivor is Mother Says. “Mother Says” that’s the breaks and we’re sorry, but you must be going. Please leave the island immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Mother Says – 6
Midnight Man – 5
Tend My Garden – 2
The Bomber – 1

Vote Breakdown
Mother Says – Prettymaid
Mother Says – AzEaglesFan
Mother Says – Wildthyme
Mother Says – DonFan
Mother Says – glenneaglesfan
Mother Says – The_Girl_Of_Summer
Midnight Man – SodaScouts
Midnight Man – ticky
Midnight Man – Freypower
Midnight Man – Mrs Henley
Midnight Man – Brooke
Tend My Garden – TimothyBFan
Tend My Garden – JoeFan
The Bomber – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:
Mother Says 9/04

Songs remaining:
Funk #49
Tend My Garden
The Bomber
Walk Away
Midnight Man
Turn To Stone
Meadows
Rocky Mountain Way
Help Me Thru The Night
Life's Been Good
All Night Long
The Confessor
A Life Of Illusion
Ordinary Average Guy

Voting for Round 2 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

Which song(s) on the Little Did He Know album are from Joe’s 1972 Barnstorm album?

ticky
09-04-2008, 08:13 PM
In reply to the Immunity question,
Mother Says and Turn To Stone

09-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Congratulations ticky - that is correct.

I forgot to mention that you need to also specify which song you wish to make immune. As soon as ticky lets us know which song to make immune, we will start Round 2 voting.

ticky
09-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Oh well,, gee,.. I had to do some serious garden sitting to make a decision. One cant just go around immunizing just ANY song.. hmm.. Ok.. after much inner debate and consideration (meaning I dont *think* any of my favorites are really at risk here yet...) and because I have a really crappy recording of it AND I'd like to hear it a little better before it *poof* disappears AND because I AM a gardener and I'd tend Joe's garden any day *grin* I'm going to say "Tend My Garden"
Sorry to anyone who voted for it first round. Maybe next round :)

09-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Great - thanks ticky. Okay folks Tend My Garden is immune.

Voting for Round 2 starts now.

Freypower
09-04-2008, 09:54 PM

Wildthyme
09-04-2008, 10:34 PM
I vote for Midnight Man this round.

sodascouts
09-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Once again, I cast my vote for Midnight Man.

ticky
09-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Midnight man here

DonFan
09-05-2008, 12:39 AM
I like Midnight Man!
I vote for Tend My Garden.

Wildthyme
09-05-2008, 12:46 AM
I like Midnight Man!
I vote for Tend My Garden.

Tend My Garden has immunity this round DF... :shy:

AzEaglesFan
09-05-2008, 03:07 AM
I vote for The Bomber

Toonlass
09-05-2008, 03:28 AM
I also like Midnight Man...so I'm going to have to be slightly controversial here and vote for Life's Been Good!

TimothyBFan
09-05-2008, 07:43 AM
Ahh Toonlass-how could you? :headshake::) and since Ticky "immuned" my least favorite song,:confused:

I vote for The Meadow.

DonFan
09-05-2008, 07:48 AM
Tend My Garden has immunity this round DF... :shy:

So it has--I forgot that! Thanks WT!
I vote for The Bomber.

Brooke
09-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Toon?!!!!! :huh: How could you? :headscratch:

Toonlass
09-05-2008, 11:58 AM
There are just a lot more songs on that album which I enjoy, also to a certain extent, although Life's Been Good is a great song, it just gets far too much airplay and that has made me become quite tired of listening to it (unless its live).

sodascouts
09-05-2008, 12:26 PM
I understand Toon - sometimes when something is played a lot it can become boring to a fan. Still, you won't catch me voting for it anytime soon. lol

Toonlass
09-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Lol!! I said it would be controversial. It does seem to be the only JW solo song played here (well, sometimes Nicky Horne will play some Barnstorm....but I don't count that as solo stuff) and as there are so many wonderful JW songs which don't get a look in I had to do it!

sodascouts
09-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Interesting that you don't count Barnstorm as solo stuff - isn't Barnstorm really "Joe Walsh and backing band"? I know it's often listed on discographies as his first solo album - on JWO as well, in fact. I figure Joe Walsh and Barnstorm is like Bruce Springsteen and the E-street band - they're credited as a unit, but we still think of the work as Springsteen songs.

glenneaglesfan
09-05-2008, 01:36 PM
By strange coincidence I've just posted a Springsteen song in the never ending thread!

It's true that Life's Been Good is played a lot here, but they occasionally vary it with Rocky Mountain Way.

It looks as if Midnight Man will go out this round, so I'm going to vote tactically.

I cast my vote for The Confessor

Toonlass
09-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Well, to me Barnstorm was a band which was a trio just like the James Gang, comprising of JW, Joe Vitale and Kenny Passarelli (with the addition of Rocke Grace for Smoker). Walsh liked being part of a band, but wanted a band he had formed as it would mean less arguing over who sang what and when (part of the reason he left the Gang).

I guess I always just think of Barnstorm (album) and Smoker as Barnstorm (group) albums and then from So What its solo Joe. Its also interesting to note that Barnstorm was the backing band on Michael Stanley's Friends And Legends.

The_Girl_Of_Summer
09-06-2008, 10:08 AM
I cast my vote for Midnight Man

Prettymaid
09-06-2008, 02:54 PM
It looks as if Midnight Man will go out this round, so I'm going to vote tactically.

I think I'm starting to understand the game more now. I concur.

JoeFan
09-06-2008, 06:03 PM

09-06-2008, 06:18 PM
First of all, I want to apologize for my vagueness at the end of the first round. I have to keep reminding myself that since some of you are new to the game, you may not be familiar with all of the rules and strategies. I was in a hurry that night, and didn't really think about all of that. Anyway, I should have noted when I posted the immunity question that you must include the song that you want to make immune in the same post as your answer. That way, if your answer is correct, we can immediately proceed to the next round.

Also, since I got a couple of questions about the way I voted in the first round, I am going to try to explain my strategy a little better for the newbies. So here goes my strategy for Round 2. With or without my vote, it appears that Midnight Man will be eliminated this round. I probably would have voted for The Bomber again since I want it to be eliminated early and it will give it more votes in the event of a future tie. However, since Toonlass broke my heart by voting for Life's Been Good, I am going to try to protect it in later rounds. I am guessing that one of it's major competitors will be Rocky Mountain Way. Therefore, even though I love the song, I want to even the score between LBG and RMW so ...

I cast my vote for Rocky Mountain Way.

sodascouts
09-06-2008, 08:03 PM
The second song to be voted off the island in Joe’s Joe Walsh’s Greatest Hits: Little Did He Know (aka The Definitive Collection) Survivor is Midnight Man. “Midnight Man,” you’ve done all you can, but you have to go. Please leave the island immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Midnight Man – 7
The Confessor – 2
The Bomber – 1
The Meadow – 1
Life’s Been Good – 1
Rocky Mountain Way – 1

Vote Breakdown
Midnight Man – SodaScouts
Midnight Man – ticky
Midnight Man – Freypower
Midnight Man – Wildthyme
Midnight Man – Brooke
Midnight Man – The Girl of Summer
Midnight Man – JoeFan
The Confessor – glenneaglesfan
The Confessor – PrettyMaid
The Bomber – AzEaglesFan
Life’s Been Good – Toonlass
Meadows – TimothyBFan
Rocky Mountain Way – Ive always been a dreamer

Note: I didn’t count DonFan’s vote because we can only count the first one, and it can’t be changed. Sorry!

Songs eliminated:
Mother Says 9/04
Midnight Man 9/06

Songs remaining:
Funk #49 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_qHU_6Ofc0)
Tend My Garden (http://www.joewalshonline.com/multimedia/MP3/TendMyGardenClearwater2006.mp3)
The Bomber (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1yiCyCvW4g)
Walk Away (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUud1VvdQsU)
Turn To Stone (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1rUe8SK0ak)
Meadows (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0_KBe8z0h0)
Rocky Mountain Way (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt75y38J00s)
Help Me Thru The Night (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqW_e7zqwHQ)
Life's Been Good (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2rxPSDUlvk)
All Night Long (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9Jr38j9sTk)
The Confessor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quVERH404pA)
A Life Of Illusion (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tiOMu_Bf8Q)
Ordinary Average Guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3x10xxt6fk)

Voting for Round 3 will begin after the following immunity question is answered correctly:

What was the name of Joe’s 1976 live album?

Please include both your answer and the song you wish to be immune in your reply.

Prettymaid
09-06-2008, 08:30 PM
You Can't Argue with a Sick Mind.

immune- the bomber

sodascouts
09-06-2008, 08:38 PM
That's correct!

THE BOMBER is immune.

Round 3 begins now!

Prettymaid
09-06-2008, 09:02 PM
I've tried to talk myself into liking The Confessor, really I have. I like the old west outlaw sounding guitar work. I just can't get into the song at all. (And the woman in the video with the weird yellow eyes - Who-o-o-o-a!)

sodascouts
09-06-2008, 10:26 PM
I cast my vote for Tend My Garden.

sodascouts
09-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Regarding the Confessor - it's kind of creepy and the video is downright freaky, but Joe does some great lyrical work in it and that, for me, puts the song above some of his other efforts. His use of the well metaphor is very clever, for instance. The piece as a whole is quite intelligent.

DonFan
09-06-2008, 11:26 PM
I just took the time to watch a couple of those videos you have posted to familiarize myself with Joe's songs. That is a GREAT early clip of Help Me Through the Night! I always liked that song. (Love Don's HUGE fro.) I also love the video for Ordinary Average Guy. Joe looks great with his long blonde hair, and that stop-motion man in the video is so cute & funny, especially waving goodnight at the end.

I'm not too fond of The Confessor (song or video) so that is my vote this round.

ticky
09-06-2008, 11:34 PM
Ok, so normally I would have voted for The Bomber, but.. *grin* ok so now I know how it feels.
I really like The Confessor. I love Joe's guitar work in it and it's kind of gutsy and earthy. I like it, cant vote it out yet, and I really like Tend My Garden. I like the tune and I like how he sings it So.. that leaves me with some slim pickin's. After relistening to everything left I (although I really hate to do it because JOE IS ASKING ME TO HELP HIM THRU THE NIGHT?!?!?!... *sigh*) but it's just not my favorite.. I vote for Help me through the night.

Joe, I'll still help you thru the night, honey, it's just the song..it's gotta go.. *grin*

I just read DF's post about the video, I'll probably be sorry after I see it.. Oh well..

Screamin` Eagle
09-07-2008, 01:04 AM
I cast my vote for Tend My Garden.

AzEaglesFan
09-07-2008, 01:39 AM
I vote for the Confessor

Wildthyme
09-07-2008, 02:39 AM
The Confessor is not a song I was familiar with at all. After listening to it several times and trying to ignore the freaky video I just can't find much to really like about it.. so my vote this round goes to The Confessor

Toonlass
09-07-2008, 08:50 AM
However, since Toonlass broke my heart by voting for Life's Been Good, I am going to try to protect it in later rounds. I am guessing that one of it's major competitors will be Rocky Mountain Way. Therefore, even though I love the song, I want to even the score between LBG and RMW so ..

Sorry! If it makes you feel any better, one of my favourites was voted out first.

For this round, after listening to the whole lot again (a necessary thing) I have decided that I'm voting for... Meadows. As much as I enjoy the song, I guess it just, for me, have the same connections as other songs on the album.

Maleah
09-07-2008, 05:17 PM

Prettymaid
09-07-2008, 06:13 PM
I would just like to say a few words in defense of Tend My Garden. I love the organ sound in the song. It takes me back to the era it was written in ( The Doors' Light My Fire , for example).

Also, all of you Joe fans, can you really vote for a song this early that starts with the words, "Won't you come home with me. I can think of things to show ya."?

I rest my case.

ticky
09-07-2008, 06:23 PM
^5 PM Im with ya *grin*

Freypower
09-07-2008, 08:03 PM
I absolutely love The Confessor.

Being different, I cast my vote for Ordinary Average Guy.

TimothyBFan
09-07-2008, 08:32 PM
I once again am voting for Tend My Garden

glenneaglesfan
09-08-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm really enjoying this Survivor. It's very interesting to read how different our opinions are of Joe's songs, for instance Help Me Thru The Night was the song on HFO that made Joe my second favourite Eagle (and I love that version you have linked to, Soda, thanks for all of those). I've already said how much I like Tend My Garden, even if it seems to have such a long quiet introduction that I think my iPod is out of power! I would have voted for The Bomber this round, but as it is immune I'm going to vote for Ordinary Average Guy - clever lyrics and a funny video, but that long drawn out sound between the verses kind of disturbs me.

Brooke
09-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Well, I've had to go and listen to some of these songs again to try to figure out what I like and don't like, too. Thanks for all the links, SS! They are very helpful. I just love the Help Me Through The Night link. Love Don's 'fro there, especially. :nahnah:

The most popular choices this round seem to be Meadows, Tend My Garden, and The Confessor.

In Meadows, I could do without that bit of goobeldygarb and the scream. What was he thinking with that? Does anyone else think the beginning guitar part sounds like the song by the Moody Blues Woman From Tokyo? I think of that song every time.

As for The Confessor.....wierd, creepy, very strange video. I also think some of the lyrics are quite clever, as per the well. And Joe's feet! What size shoe does that man wear anyway?! They look huge there! Now it does have a cool guitar solo! :headbang:

Tend My Garden.....I, too, tend to think my cd player has quit or there is no song there and about the time I give up and turn up the volume, it kicks in and breaks my eardrums! I like the song though once it finally gets going!

All that being said, I cast my vote for Meadows. The scream just does me in! :hand: (I've been wondering where I could use this smilie! Works here!) lol

09-08-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm not going to be around tonight when the voting closes, so I need to vote earlier than what I like. Anyway, I'm going to continue my strategy to even the score between Life's Been Good and its major competitors, so ...

I cast my vote for Funk 49.

Brooke
09-08-2008, 04:45 PM
dreamer, you sly dog! :thumbsup:

ticky
09-08-2008, 04:49 PM
. And Joe's feet! What size shoe does that man wear anyway?! They look huge there!

heheheehe.. Im sorry I cant help myself here... Big hands... Big Feet.. OH BABY!!!

The_Girl_Of_Summer
09-08-2008, 04:52 PM
I cast my vote for Tend My Garden

Prettymaid
09-08-2008, 07:08 PM
In Meadows, I could do without that bit of goobeldygarb and the scream. What was he thinking with that? Does anyone else think the beginning guitar part sounds like the song by the Moody Blues Woman From Tokyo? I think of that song every time.

Brooke, I was going to make that same point About Meadows sounding like Woman from Tokyo! But I believe it's by Deep Purple.

sodascouts
09-08-2008, 08:01 PM
The third song to be voted off the island in Joe’s Joe Walsh’s Greatest Hits: Little Did He Know (aka The Definitive Collection) Survivor is Tend My Garden, squeezing by The Confessor to get the most votes. I beg your pardon, “Tend My Garden,” but your time is up. Please leave the island immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Tend My Garden – 5
The Confessor – 4
Meadows – 2
Ordinary Average Guy – 2
Help Me Thru the Night – 1
Funk #49 – 1

Vote Breakdown
Tend My Garden – SodaScouts
Tend My Garden – Screamin’ Eagle
Tend My Garden – Maleah
Tend My Garden – TimothyBFan
Tend My Garden – The Girl of Summer
The Confessor – PrettyMaid
The Confessor – DonFan
The Confessor – AzEaglesFan
The Confessor – WildThyme
Meadows – Toonlass
Meadows – Brooke
Ordinary Average Guy – Freypower
Ordinary Average Guy – glenneaglesfan
Help Me Thru the Night – ticky
Funk #49 – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:
Mother Says 9/04
Midnight Man 9/06
Tend My Garden 09/08

Songs remaining:
Meadows (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0_KBe8z0h0)

Voting for Round 4 will begin after the following immunity question is answered correctly:

Joe Walsh pioneered the use of what device to modify a guitar solo in Rocky Mountain Way? (It was later used in Those Shoes as well).

Please include both your answer and the song you wish to be immune in your reply.

ticky
09-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Talk Box

Immune (if I got it) is The Confessor

sodascouts
09-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Correct!

THE CONFESSOR is immune.

Round 4 begins now!

sodascouts
09-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Well, this one took some thought. I don't like the stuff at the beginning of Meadows either, but I think other than that it's a strong song. Ordinary Average Guy is funny and clever, but it can get a bit repetitive.

I cast my vote for Ordinary Average Guy.

P.S. Good work making The Confessor immune, ticky!

DonFan
09-08-2008, 11:19 PM
I vote for Meadows.

ticky
09-08-2008, 11:29 PM
Thanks Soda, I love The Confessor and I think it deserves another look. Please ignore the video, it is creepy but it's the song we're voting on.
Also, I was going to vote for The Bomber this round, but ya know, the Bolero riff in that alone deserves a LOT of respect. When the song was first released, Bolero was still covered by copyright laws and it had to be removed from the song till the copyright ran out on the song, then he put it back in. Joe's mom was a classically trained concert pianist and, no doubt, passed those skills on. It is a really beautiful piece.
So, with that said, I vote for Medows. It's a great song too with excellent guitar work (but what of Joe's DOESNT have great guitar work *G*) but it is my least favorite of the left overs.

Freypower
09-09-2008, 12:06 AM
I agree with you about The Bomber & the use of Bolero, ticky, which is one of my favourite classical pieces. The song is very innovative and ahead of its time.

I love the lyrics of Meadows 'sent here because ya said so/waitin' around to fall' and I hope it doesn't go too early.

Wildthyme
09-09-2008, 12:26 AM
I vote for All Night Long this round...

Screamin` Eagle
09-09-2008, 01:40 AM

AzEaglesFan
09-09-2008, 02:12 AM
I vote for All Night Long

glenneaglesfan
09-09-2008, 06:11 AM
I wouldn't want to see Meadows going too early either. Once you get past the beginning it's a great song, particularly good in the car! I'm going to stick with my guns and cast my vote for Ordinary Average Guy.

TimothyBFan
09-09-2008, 08:19 AM
Come on guys- don't do in OAG yet please!!! Anyways my vote this round goes for Meadows.

Brooke
09-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Brooke, I was going to make that same point About Meadows sounding like Woman from Tokyo! But I believe it's by Deep Purple.

You are absolutely right, PM! I even looked it up, but had MB on the brain for some reason! :doh:

I'm sticking with Meadows for this round. Please go.

And ticky, I figured someone would come up with that! :fingerwag:

09-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Oh man - this is a close round. I love Ordinary Average Guy. It is so clever. Anyway, I may not be around again when the voting closes, but I hope it is saved this round. In the meantime, I'm going to take my chances that it will survive and continue with my strategy to even the score between Life's Been Good and it's potential competitors, therefore ...

I cast my vote for Walk Away.

Prettymaid
09-10-2008, 06:45 PM
I cast my vote for Ordinary Average Guy because it's an ordinary average song.:wink:

sodascouts
09-10-2008, 08:01 PM
In our closest round yet - down to 1 tiebreaker vote - the fourth song to be voted off the island in Joe’s Joe Walsh’s Greatest Hits: Little Did He Know (aka The Definitive Collection) Survivor is Meadows. Too bad... the dance is over. Please leave the island immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Meadows – 4
Ordinary Average Guy – 4
All Night Long – 2
The Bomber – 1
Walk Away – 1

Tiebreaker (previous votes):
Meadows – 3
Ordinary Average Guy – 2

Vote Breakdown
Meadows – DonFan
Meadows – ticky
Meadows – TimothyBFan
Meadows – Brooke
Ordinary Average Guy – SodaScouts
Ordinary Average Guy – glenneaglesfan
Ordinary Average Guy – PrettyMaid
All Night Long – Wildthyme
All Night Long – AzEaglesFan
The Bomber – Screamin’ Eagle
Walk Away – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:
Mother Says 9/04
Midnight Man 9/06
Tend My Garden 09/08
Meadows 09/10

Songs remaining:

Voting for Round 5 will begin after the following immunity question is answered correctly:

Name five Joe Walsh solo songs the Eagles have played live at some point (this can include Barnstorm/James Gang).

Prettymaid
09-10-2008, 08:10 PM
1 Funk #49
2 Walk Away
3 Rocky Mountain Way
4 Help Me Thru the Night
5 Life's Been Good

Immune - The Bomber

sodascouts
09-10-2008, 08:11 PM
You got it!

THE BOMBER is immune.

Voting for Round 5 beings now!

Prettymaid
09-10-2008, 08:17 PM
1 Funk #49
2 Walk Away
3 Rocky Mountain Way
4 Help Me Thru the Night
5 Life's Been Good

Immune - The Bomber

Not The Confessor, Soda. The Bomber. (Wishful thinking?)

sodascouts
09-10-2008, 08:18 PM
Not The Confessor, Soda. The Bomber. (Wishful thinking?)

lol! I guess so. My eyes saw The Bomber, but my fingers typed The Confessor. Glad you caught it before there was mass-confusion!

Prettymaid
09-10-2008, 08:24 PM
:hilarious: lol. By the way, I knew I was creating a tie by voting for OAG last round, and I also knew that it didn't have enough past votes to be voted off. I was hoping some others would come behind me and vote for it, too. We lost some voters this past round!

Freypower
09-10-2008, 08:35 PM
Once again I cast my vote for Ordinary Average Guy.

Wildthyme
09-10-2008, 08:56 PM
I vote for The Confessor this round....

ticky
09-10-2008, 08:56 PM
^5 PM for saving Da Bomber! *G*

*sigh* this hurts... it's like choosing a favorite child... I feel like Sophie in "Sophie's Choice"

Ok, Im not giving in to popular demand, Im sticking by OAG... I like it.

So.. I cast my vote for *gulp* Help Me through The Night

.. no really, help me.. I feel terrible now.. (I know, grab that life sized cut out of Joe from the convert for me!! That'd make me feel better! heheehee)

sodascouts
09-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Girl, I can't help you. That's my FAVORITE! Such a gorgeous, moving song - poignant lyrics, an achingly vulnerable vocal that resonates deep inside and makes you ache too, for all the times you buckled under the pain... beautiful melody and harmony... I adore it.

So... once again....

ticky
09-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Ya know, Soda, I would agree with you. I love the song... except.. at least on the version *I* have.. he blows a raspberry at the end.. just kind of kills it for me.

TimothyBFan
09-11-2008, 07:55 AM
MHO--The Confessor must go!

09-11-2008, 12:54 PM
MHO--The Confessor must go!

I totally agree TBF. Although I am not voting yet, I just thought I'd weigh in here! :nod:

glenneaglesfan
09-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Ok, I hear you dreamer! I want to save Help Me Thru The Night. I've just received the You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind cd, and all these live tracks are awesome.

Toonlass
09-12-2008, 05:48 AM
My vote is for Ordinary Average Guy.

TimothyBFan
09-12-2008, 07:00 AM
My vote is for Ordinary Average Guy.

Will ya'll just stop that now?!?:)

Brooke
09-12-2008, 09:10 AM
I cast my vote for The Confessor.

ticky
09-12-2008, 10:31 AM
^5 TBF

JoeFan
09-12-2008, 06:53 PM
I vote for All Night Long.

Prettymaid
09-12-2008, 07:56 PM
I cast my vote for The Confessor.

09-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Okay – Since it appears that The Confessor is doomed this round, I can cast another strategic vote. Therefore …

I cast my vote for Turn To Stone.

09-12-2008, 08:02 PM
The next song to be voted off the island in the Joe Walsh’s Greatest Hits: Little Did He Know (aka The Definitive Collection) Survivor is The Confessor “The Confessor” you’ve been judged along with the company you keep. Now there’s no place to hide, so you must please leave the island immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
The Confessor – 5
Ordinary Average Guy – 3
Help Me Thru The Night – 1
All Night Long – 1
Turn To Stone – 1

Vote Breakdown
The Confessor – Wildthyme
The Confessor – TimothyBFan
The Confessor – glenneaglesfan
The Confessor – Brooke
The Confessor – Prettymaid
Ordinary Average Guy – Toonlass
Help Me Thru The Night – ticky
All Night Long – JoeFan
Turn To Stone – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:
Mother Says 9/04
Midnight Man 9/06
Tend My Garden 9/08
Meadows 9/10
The Confessor 9/12

Songs remaining:

Voting for Round 6 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

What is Joe Walsh’s full name?

Wildthyme
09-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Joseph Fidler Walsh

Immune: Ordinary Average Guy

09-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Excellent Wildthyme!

Ordinary Average Guy is immune.

Voting for Round 5 begins now.

Prettymaid
09-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Dreamer isn't this Round 6?

09-12-2008, 09:38 PM
Thank you PM - I do believe it is. I'll correct it right now.

Ordinary Average Guy is immune.

Voting for Round 6 is in progress.

The_Girl_Of_Summer
09-13-2008, 12:07 AM
I Cast My Vote for The Bomber

Freypower
09-13-2008, 12:18 AM

sodascouts
09-13-2008, 12:19 AM
Since OAG is immune...

I cast my vote for All Night Long.

It's fun, but not as good as the others.

AzEaglesFan
09-13-2008, 02:22 AM
I vote for The Bomber

ticky
09-13-2008, 09:43 AM
Ok, so I listened and RE-listened to Help me through the night and ok.. I like it.. a lot.. (So I might take it in cool-edit and remove the BBBBBTTTTTT... at the end...). It's one of those songs I'd really like to see the Eagles revisit. Joe's voice has changed, they all have, their harmony is richer now if anything! SO.. you win Soda, Im NOT voting Help Me off.. not yet..

SO who do I vote for?
*sigh* I hate to say it, but Im voting for Life of Illusion.
It's a great song (they all are) but it's the lesser of the rest.

Umm.... what the ***** is a Flock of Waawaas?????? *G*

Prettymaid
09-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Ok, so I listened and RE-listened to Help me through the night and ok.. I like it.. a lot.. (So I might take it in cool-edit and remove the BBBBBTTTTTT... at the end...). It's one of those songs I'd really like to see the Eagles revisit. Joe's voice has changed, they all have, their harmony is richer now if anything! SO.. you win Soda, Im NOT voting Help Me off.. not yet..

I'm glad you reconcidered, ticky. Help Me Thru the Night is a beautiful song, from the first notes of the bass guitar to the last harmonizing
oo-oo. I first heard (saw) it on the HFO dvd and fell in love with it. I like that version better than his Greatest Hits version.

ticky
09-13-2008, 12:11 PM
I'll have to look for it on the HFO video. Im not too thrilled with the greatest hits version *G*

Thanks PM :)

sodascouts
09-13-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm glad to hear it, ticky! Yes, you must check out the magnificence that is Help Me Thru The Night, HFO version. It's even better than the album cut.

TimothyBFan
09-13-2008, 07:15 PM

And thank you Wildthyme for the immune of OAG.:partytime:

Wildthyme
09-14-2008, 06:01 AM
You are most welcome TBF :spin:

Suppose I ought to cast a vote while I am at it...

I vote for Turn to Stone this time around...

ticky
09-14-2008, 10:51 AM
TURN TO STONE>????? Cami! yer killin me!! *G* (now you just stop that right now young lady *G*)

09-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Wow - it always amazes me in these Survivor games what varied tastes even a small group of fans like us have. For example, Ordinary Average Guy and A Life of Illusion are in my top five list of favorite Joe songs. I won't be around when the voting closes tonight, but I'm betting that The Bomber will be bombed. I agree that its time has come. From here on out, it's gonna be getting really hard because all of the songs left are just so good. Therefore, with great regret, but consistent with my general preference for rockers over ballads ...

I cast my vote for Help Me Thru the Night.

Prettymaid
09-14-2008, 01:50 PM
I cast my vote for All Night Long

Brooke
09-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Ok, so I think The Bomber is going down next and will try a strategic vote.

I cast my vote for Life of Illusion.

DonFan
09-14-2008, 08:01 PM

sodascouts
09-14-2008, 08:22 PM
The sixth song to be voted off the island in Joe’s Joe Walsh’s Greatest Hits: Little Did He Know (aka The Definitive Collection) Survivor is The Bomber. Bomber, you won’t be back tomorrow for the punchline of the joke. Please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
The Bomber – 4
All Night Long – 2
Life of Illusion – 2
Turn to Stone – 1

Vote Breakdown
The Bomber – Girl of Summer
The Bomber – Freypower
The Bomber – AzEaglesFan
The Bomber – TimothyBFan
All Night Long – SodaScouts
All Night Long – PrettyMaid
Life of Illusion – ticky
Life of Illusion – Brooke
Turn to Stone – Wildthyme
Help Me Thru the Night – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:
Mother Says 9/04
Midnight Man 9/06
Tend My Garden 09/08
Meadows 09/10
The Confessor 09/12
The Bomber 09/14

Songs remaining:

Voting for Round 7 will begin after the following immunity question is answered correctly:

Of the 15 songs that have competed in this Survivor, which have had MTV Videos made for them (don’t count the pre-MTV videos or live stuff)?

Prettymaid
09-14-2008, 08:28 PM
Not sure.... Life of Illusion, The Confessor, and Ordinary Average Guy.

If I'm right- Life of Illusion immune

sodascouts
09-14-2008, 08:48 PM
Sorry for the delay in reply - got distracted!

PM - you are correct!

LIFE OF ILLUSION is immune.

Round 7 begins NOW!

Freypower
09-14-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm glad LOI is immune as it is a particular favourite of mine.

DonFan
09-14-2008, 09:32 PM
I cast my vote for Turn to Stone.

sodascouts
09-14-2008, 09:43 PM
I definitely think OAG is the weakest of those left, so I'm glad it's not immune anymore. Time for that sucker to go down! ;)

The_Girl_Of_Summer
09-14-2008, 09:59 PM

Wildthyme
09-15-2008, 03:39 AM
Once again I vote for Turn to Stone...

TimothyBFan
09-15-2008, 08:41 AM
This is really getting HARD:hmm: now!!! Oh right Soda and GOS--you guys need to stop that NOW!!!!:weep: I love that song-definitely in my top 3 or 4. Thanks PM for immune to LOI. Also one of my faves.

I have to vote for Help Me Thru The Night.

Prettymaid
09-15-2008, 08:57 AM
Aw TBF your killing me :fainted: ! I immune one of your faves and you vote for one of mine? :worried: Now is that a nice way to play? :wink:

ticky
09-15-2008, 10:44 AM
*Sigh* Ok, this is getting ugly, down and dirty *G* Thats how I like it *G* BUT ya'll are killin' off my favorites!! Ok, gettin' a grip! Im ready. I HAVE to go with Life Of Illusion again. It's great! but they all are! and its the lesser of the others.

TimothyBFan
09-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Sorry ticky-but isn't it immune.:razz: And also sorry PM-didn't realize--but hey we're getting down to the bottom here and now it is every song for itself!!:fight: :hilarious:

ticky
09-15-2008, 11:38 AM
Awe Cr*p.. ok.. *sigh* its like killing puppies ya know... UGH... ok (I hate doing this...) OAG.. I vote for OAG (i feel dirty and cheap)

Prettymaid
09-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Sorry ticky-but isn't it immune.:razz: And also sorry PM-didn't realize--but hey we're getting down to the bottom here and now it is every song for itself!!:fight: :hilarious:

You're right TBF - every song for itself.

I vote for Ordinary Average Guy. :nahnah::-D

sodascouts
09-15-2008, 02:38 PM
yes, TBF, all's fair in love and war...

So, anybody who wants to SAVE TURN TO STONE, you've got to vote for ORDINARY AVERAGE GUY! We've gotta circle the wagons to protect it!

AzEaglesFan
09-15-2008, 03:57 PM
OK, not one of my favorites so I'll vote for Ordinary Average Guy

Brooke
09-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Oh man, Turn To Stone is awesome! :fingerwag:

I cast my vote for OAG.

I've changed my av and sig in honor of the game. :shock:

Prettymaid
09-15-2008, 07:01 PM
I've changed my av and sig in honor of the game. :shock:

I like 'em, Brooke!

Brooke
09-16-2008, 01:38 PM
I thought you might, PM!

ticky
09-16-2008, 02:46 PM
Brooke, Thats one of my favorite Joe pics. I love his wild hair!!

Toonlass
09-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Right, this time I'll remember to vote before turning off my computer....my vote is for Life's Been Good.

09-16-2008, 04:32 PM
Okay, it looks like I'm back to battle with Toonie over LBG. This is really getting serious now!!!! :wink: :wink:

:argue: :lightsaber: :fight: :sword: :armed: :machinegun: :saberfight:

Prettymaid
09-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Brooke, Thats one of my favorite Joe pics. I love his wild hair!!

Does that picture of Joe put anyone else in mind of Sean Penn in Fast Times At Ridgemont High? (That's who I always think of when I see it!)

ticky
09-16-2008, 04:42 PM
it's a little Spicoli-esque *G* but then, so is Joe *G*

JoeFan
09-16-2008, 06:25 PM

Nice avatar Brooke!

sodascouts
09-16-2008, 08:01 PM
The seventh song to be voted off the island in Joe’s Joe Walsh’s Greatest Hits: Little Did He Know (aka The Definitive Collection) Survivor is Ordinary Average Guy. Ordinary Average Guy, look at the bright side – you’re voted off the island, but now you can go home to drink a few beers and bowl a few frames. Please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Ordinary Average Guy – 5
Turn to Stone – 2
All Night Long – 2
Life’s Been Good – 1
Rocky Mountain Way – 1

Vote Breakdown
Ordinary Average Guy – The_Girl_of_Summer
Ordinary Average Guy – PrettyMaid
Ordinary Average Guy – AzEaglesFan
Ordinary Average Guy – Brooke
Turn to Stone – DonFan
Turn to Stone – Wildthyme
All Night Long – Freypower
All Night Long – JoeFan
Help Me Thru the Night – TimothyBFan

Songs eliminated:
Mother Says 9/04
Midnight Man 9/06
Tend My Garden 09/08
Meadows 09/10
The Confessor 09/12
The Bomber 09/14
Ordinary Average Guy 09/16

Songs remaining:

Voting for Round 8 will begin after the following immunity question is answered correctly:

Which songs in this Survivor were originally recorded by the James Gang?

Prettymaid
09-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Funk 49
The Bomber
Tend My Garden
Walk Away
Midnight Man

If correct, immune-help me thru the nightl

sodascouts
09-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Once again, you're correct!

HELP ME THRU THE NIGHT is immune.

Round 8 beings NOW!

DonFan
09-16-2008, 10:48 PM
I like Help Me Thru the Night--I'm glad it's immune. The first time I ever heard that was on HFO and I thought the boys did a fabulous job with it.

Once again, I cast my vote for Turn to Stone.

ticky
09-16-2008, 11:40 PM
*sigh* Life Of Illusion its gotta go next..

sodascouts
09-17-2008, 12:23 AM
No guys, not those! All Night Long is the weakest left, IMHO.

AzEaglesFan
09-17-2008, 01:06 AM
This is getting serious. I guess I'll vote for Turn To Stone :fear:

glenneaglesfan
09-17-2008, 03:00 AM
Thanks for making Help Me immune, PM! Please guys, don't vote off Turn To Stone yet - it was amazing when Joe played it with the Eagles.

I cast my vote for Life Of Illusion

TimothyBFan
09-17-2008, 08:01 AM
I don't think I want to play any more-it's getting WAY to hard!!! :sad:
OAG gone :weep:-it all seems so cruel!

After much deliberation-I have decided I must continue and I cast my vote for
Turn To Stone. Sorry everyone who loves it.

Wildthyme
09-17-2008, 01:58 PM
I too must vote for Turn to Stone (sorry those of you who love it :()

Brooke
09-18-2008, 02:25 PM
Hmmmmm......a very hard decision now......

The_Girl_Of_Summer
09-18-2008, 05:12 PM
I cast my vote for Turn To Stone

Prettymaid
09-18-2008, 07:55 PM
I cast my vote for Funk #49

09-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Oh man – We are in the sad part of the game now where I hate to see anything voted off. Ordinary Average Guy last round, and in all likelihood, Turn To Stone will go this time. :cry: I can vote strategically, again. Therefore …

Freypower
09-18-2008, 08:02 PM
How could anyone vote against Turn To Stone at this stage? It's a classic song.

09-18-2008, 08:02 PM
The next song to be voted off the island in the Joe Walsh’s Greatest Hits: Little Did He Know (aka The Definitive Collection) Survivor is Turn To Stone. “Turn To Stone” you knew you weren’t getting stronger, and you couldn’t last any longer, so you must please leave the island immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Turn To Stone – 5
All Night Long – 2
A Life of Illusion – 2
Funk #49 – 1
Walk Away – 1

Vote Breakdown
Turn To Stone – DonFan
Turn To Stone – AzEaglesFan
Turn To Stone – TimothyBFan
Turn To Stone – Wildthyme
Turn To Stone – The_Girl_Of_Summer
All Night Long – Brooke
A Life of Illusion – glenneaglesfan
A Life of Illusion – ticky
Funk #49 – Prettymaid

Songs eliminated:
Mother Says 9/04
Midnight Man 9/06
Tend My Garden 9/08
Meadows 9/10
The Confessor 9/12
The Bomber 9/14
Ordinary Average Guy 9/16
Turn To Stone 9/18

Songs remaining:
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1rUe8SK0ak)Rocky Mountain Way (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt75y38J00s)

Voting for Round 9 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

Name the songs on this ‘Definitive Collection’ album that appear on any of Joe’s solo albums released after 1980.

Freypower
09-18-2008, 08:06 PM
OOPS! I voted just too late for the deadline. Sorry.

I think I can answer this question:

All Night Long
A Life Of Illusion
The Confessor
Ordinary Average Guy

If this is correct I would like A Life Of Illusion to be immune.

09-18-2008, 08:11 PM
Sorry, you missed the voting deadline, FP, and also sorry that the answer is incorrect.

Prettymaid
09-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Life of Illusion, The Confessor, and Ordinary Average Guy.

Immune- Life of Illusion

09-18-2008, 08:17 PM
That is correct. All Night Long appeared on the 1980 Urban Cowboy Soundtrack.

A Life of Illusion is immune.

Voting for Round 9 begins now.

Freypower
09-18-2008, 08:22 PM
I took a chance that 'after 1980' included 1980 which it obviously doesn't. :blush:

I cast my vote for All Night Long which has lasted far too long. It's a fun song, but that's all.

Prettymaid
09-18-2008, 08:27 PM
That's okay, FP. I got your back on LOI. I also wholeheartedly agree with you on ANL. Therefore...

sodascouts
09-18-2008, 10:01 PM
ITA with both of you. I can't believe Turn to Stone is gone!

I cast my vote All Night Long.

ticky
09-18-2008, 10:30 PM
this is gettin ugly now. I have listened and relistened and it came down to Life's been good, and All night long. I reeealy like All Night Long.. but Life's been good is better! its better guitar work, its better written (more well written? ) its just a better song.. ok.. so.. PAINFULLY (anguish anguish..) I vote for All Night Long

Wildthyme
09-18-2008, 11:39 PM
I am with all of you and I cast my vote for All Night Long. Time for it to leave the island...

TimothyBFan
09-19-2008, 07:05 AM
I really enjoy the get up and move stuff of Joes and most of them all became the BIG hits. Those have always been the ones I like the most.

That being said, at the risk of making some of you very mad at me, I will have to vote for Help Me Thru The Night. :oops:I'm really sorry--I don't want any of these to go. Why does this game feel so wrong?

Prettymaid
09-19-2008, 08:26 AM
I really enjoy the get up and move stuff of Joes and most of them all became the BIG hits. Those have always been the ones I like the most.

That being said, at the risk of making some of you very mad at me, I will have to vote for Help Me Thru The Night. :oops:I'm really sorry--I don't want any of these to go. Why does this game feel so wrong?

I'm not mad at you TBF. :hug: It is getting down to the nitty gritty, and we all have our favorites. That's what makes this game so fun!

TimothyBFan
09-19-2008, 08:44 AM
I'm not mad at you TBF. :hug: It is getting down to the nitty gritty, and we all have our favorites. That's what makes this game so fun!

Glad you're not mad. But "fun"-are you crazy?:spin: This is torture! :-( I liked the way Ticky put it earlier in the game-"like killing puppies" or such. Maybe not quite that drastic but feels like getting rid of old friends doesn't it.

Prettymaid
09-19-2008, 08:56 AM
Glad you're not mad. But "fun"-are you crazy?:spin: This is torture! :-( I liked the way Ticky put it earlier in the game-"like killing puppies" or such. Maybe not quite that drastic but feels like getting rid of old friends doesn't it.

I guess I don't think of it that way. It's not like we're banning the songs from ever being listened to again! :fear: It's a game. I'm enjoying reading everyone's views

BTW, I liked Ticky's "like killing puppies" comparison, too. :laugh:

sodascouts
09-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Aw, don't feel too bad about eliminating songs! It's all in good fun, and I think it's fairly obvious that we all appreciate Joe's catalog here. It's just very interesting to see people's comments on the songs and how they affect us in different ways - plus, I'm curious as to what will win!

And TBF - I'm certainly not mad at you for voting for HMTTN... not at all....

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/Overkill.gif

Oops, accidentally shot off my nuclear flame thrower. Hope I didn't hit you. ;)

glenneaglesfan
09-19-2008, 12:38 PM
Lol, Soda!!

I can't believe Turn To Stone has gone. It's one of the only Eagles related songs I ever get to hear in hubby's car as it's on a compilation. It looks as if All Night Long might go out this round, so reluctantly I'm going to vote for Funk#49.

Brooke
09-19-2008, 06:19 PM

09-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Yeah - as I said before, it's kinda sad to see any of these songs voted off because they are all so good, but it must be done! :wink: I will continue to vote strategically ...

sodascouts
09-20-2008, 08:08 PM
The ninth song to be voted off the island in the Joe Walsh’s Greatest Hits: Little Did He Know (aka The Definitive Collection) Survivor is All Night Long. “All Night Long,” looks like you can’t stay up any longer. Please leave the island immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
All Night Long – 5
Funk #49 – 1
Walk Away – 1
Rocky Mountain Way – 1

Vote Breakdown
All Night Long – Freypower
All Night Long – Prettymaid
All Night Long – ticky
All Night Long – Wildthyme
Help Me Thru the Night – TimothyBFan
Funk #49 – glenneaglesfan
Walk Away – Brooke

Songs eliminated:
Mother Says 9/04
Midnight Man 9/06
Tend My Garden 9/08
Meadows 9/10
The Confessor 9/12
The Bomber 9/14
Turn To Stone 9/18
All Night Long 9/20

Songs remaining:
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1rUe8SK0ak)Rocky Mountain Way (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt75y38J00s)

Voting for Round 10 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

Which songs on the Definitive Collection were NOT written solely by Joe?

Prettymaid
09-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Funk 49
The Bomber
Mother Says
Turn to Stone
Rocky Mountain Way
A Life of Illusion

Immune - Help Me Thru the Night

sodascouts
09-20-2008, 08:27 PM
YAY PrettyMaid! That's right!

Round 10 starts NOW!

Freypower
09-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Wow, PM, you were quick. I got out my Look What I Did! CD hoping I could answer this & you knew it straight away.

Prettymaid
09-20-2008, 08:35 PM
Wow, PM, you were quick. I got out my Look What I Did! CD hoping I could answer this & you knew it straight away.

I could tell you how I'm able to answer the immunity questions, but then I'd have to kill ya! :hilarious:

TimothyBFan
09-20-2008, 08:47 PM
:weep::weep:Why am I taking all this so hard? Seriously, this is really getting hard and since the song I voted for last is now immune, I guess I have to go with one of those I've heard you guys say before, that gets over played, as much as I hate to do this

I vote for Rocky Mountain Way

AzEaglesFan
09-21-2008, 02:35 AM
I vote for Rocky Mountain Way

ticky
09-21-2008, 10:09 AM
gak..... *SIGH* Life of Illusion

Prettymaid
09-21-2008, 04:25 PM
I have not struggled until this round. Six songs left - they are all either favorites of mine or big commercial hits for Joe. I guess I'll ask myself this question - Which of these songs am I least excited to hear when it comes on my ipod?

I cast my vote for Life's Been Good

glenneaglesfan
09-21-2008, 05:48 PM
OMG, it's hard, but I favour the songs the Eagles have covered, and so for me, A Life Of Illusion needs to go.

Wildthyme
09-21-2008, 11:56 PM
This is getting so hard now.... I vote for Life of Illusion....

tbs fanatic
09-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Yep, it's Life of Illusion that gets my vote.

Brooke
09-22-2008, 01:50 PM
I'm with you guys.

sodascouts
09-22-2008, 02:02 PM
Man, this is hard. Looks like Life of Illusion is going down, so I'll try to be strategic.

Ah, the pain!

JoeFan
09-22-2008, 03:03 PM

09-22-2008, 07:56 PM
Oh man - I hate to see A Life of Illusion go, but actually I hate to see any of them go at this point. :sad: I guess I'll try to even the score once again, so ...

I cast my vote for Funk #49.

sodascouts
09-22-2008, 08:01 PM
The tenth song to be voted off the island in Joe’s Joe Walsh’s Greatest Hits: Little Did He Know (aka The Definitive Collection) Survivor is A Life of Illusion. Pow! Right between the eyes! You’re down, Life of Illusion. Please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Life of Illusion – 6
Walk Away – 2
Rocky Mountain Way – 2
Life’s Been Good – 1
Funk #49 – 1

Vote Breakdown
Life of Illusion – ticky
Life of Illusion – glenneaglesfan
Life of Illusion – WildThyme
Life of Illusion – tbs fanatic
Life of Illusion – Brooke
Life of Illusion – JoeFan
Walk Away – Freypower
Walk Away – SodaScouts
Rocky Mountain Way – TimothyBFan
Rocky Mountain Way – AzEaglesFan
Life’s Been Good – Prettymaid
Funk #49 – Ive always been dreamer

Songs eliminated:
Mother Says 9/04
Midnight Man 9/06
Tend My Garden 09/08
Meadows 09/10
The Confessor 09/12
The Bomber 09/14
Ordinary Average Guy 09/16
Turn to Stone 09/18
All Night Long 09/20
A Life of Illusion 09/22

Songs remaining:

Voting for Round 11 will begin after the following immunity question is answered correctly:

A song in this Survivor originally incorporated a segment of music from a ballet. However, this segment had to be edited out in later album pressings because the composer’s estate objected. Name both the song in this Survivor AND the ballet piece.

Prettymaid
09-22-2008, 08:10 PM
The Bomber
Bolero

If I'm right - immune -Help me thru the Night

sodascouts
09-22-2008, 08:24 PM
Once again, you're right!

Round 11 starts NOW!

09-22-2008, 08:27 PM
Okay now - Someone else has to start answering these immunity questions other than Prettymaid because it is time for Help Me Thru The Night to go and she keeps making it immune! :wink: :wink:

sodascouts
09-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Hmmmph! I think Prettymaid is doing a FINE job of making the MOST AWESOME SONG immune!

Wildthyme
09-22-2008, 08:45 PM
One of us has just got to be faster than Prettymaid next time lol.

That being said I vote for Walk Away this round...

Prettymaid
09-22-2008, 08:47 PM
I wasn't even home when the round ended! I got here 5 minutes late and no one had answered the question yet.

Hey, if I don't keep protecting HMTTN (the little song that could), it's going to be beaten up by all the big songs! :fight:

ticky
09-22-2008, 08:49 PM
PM is doing JUST fine little missy!! *G*

(walk away.. indeed..)

this is ...painful... but.. it gets more play then any of the others, so it need to go...
Lifes Been Good

ticky
09-22-2008, 08:51 PM
I'll Help you PM! Im all for HMTTN (The HFO version..)

Freypower
09-22-2008, 08:52 PM

Prettymaid
09-22-2008, 08:53 PM
I'll Help you PM! Im all for HMTTN (The HFO version..)

I'm glad we made a believer out of you, Ticky. Now everyone else go listen to the song...:grooving:

ticky
09-22-2008, 08:58 PM
"please Help me, Mama.."
http://www.tickypages.com/fun_with_screencaps/hfoscreencap46.jpg

HOW could I say no??????

TimothyBFan
09-23-2008, 08:19 AM
I again am casting my vote for Rocky Mountain Way.

Prettymaid
09-23-2008, 08:25 AM
Joe himself said this about this song.

"If I knew I'd have to play this song for the rest of my life I probably would have written something else."

I cast my vote for Rocky Mountain Way

DonFan
09-23-2008, 10:24 AM
I also cast my vote for Rocky Mountain Way.

Toonlass
09-24-2008, 03:58 PM
Ooops, forgot about this the last few days, darned shoulder of mine has made it difficult to get on (but I cheered myself up with a Joe dvd that Soda gave me when she came to London :partytime:)

I'm voting for Life's Been Good

Brooke
09-24-2008, 04:33 PM
Ooops, I nearly forgot, too.

09-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Well – I may be casting the tie-breaking vote here. It is very hard to do this, but it must be done.

09-24-2008, 08:07 PM
In a very tight round, the next song to be voted off the island in the Joe Walsh’s Greatest Hits: Little Did He Know (aka The Definitive Collection) Survivor is Walk Away. “Walk Away” it looks like your stop so you gotta get off. Now turn your pretty head and leave the island immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Walk Away – 4
Rocky Mountain Way – 3
Life’s Been Good – 2

Vote Breakdown
Walk Away– Wildthyme
Walk Away – Freypower
Walk Away – Brooke
Rocky Mountain Way – TimothyBFan
Rocky Mountain Way – Prettymaid
Rocky Mountain Way – DonFan
Life’s Been Good – ticky

Songs eliminated:
Mother Says 9/04
Midnight Man 9/06
Tend My Garden 9/08
Meadows 9/10
The Confessor 9/12
The Bomber 9/14
Turn To Stone 9/18
All Night Long 9/20
A Life Of Illusion 9/22
Walk Away 9/24

Songs remaining:

Voting for Round 12 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

What song on this ‘Definitive Collection’ album has backing vocals by members of the Eagles?

ticky
09-24-2008, 08:22 PM
I *think* its Lifes Been Good

IF Im right Immune is Help Me through the Night

09-24-2008, 08:27 PM
No ticky - thanks for trying, but that is not correct.

Wildthyme
09-24-2008, 09:20 PM
I think it may have been Help Me Through The Night

If I am right then Funk #49 is immune this round

09-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Thanks WT - That is correct. Don Henley, Glenn Frey, and Randy Meisner all provided background vocals on the 1975 studio version of this song.

Funk #49 is immune.

Round 12 begins now.

Freypower
09-24-2008, 11:51 PM
With great reluctance I cast my vote for Life's Been Good. A signature song, yes, but I like the others better.

glenneaglesfan
09-25-2008, 04:49 AM
Drat, I missed the last round, and Walk Away is gone. I've just bought You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind and there is a blistering version of it on there, not to mention that Hawaii version with Glenn. I would have voted for Funk#49 if it wasn't immune. Good grief, it's getting tough. Reluctantly, I'm also going to vote for Life's Been Good.

DonFan
09-25-2008, 09:22 AM
I vote for Help Me Through the Night.

ticky
09-25-2008, 10:04 AM
I vote (reluctantly and with great trepidation) for *sigh* Lifes Been good

09-25-2008, 10:25 AM
:stop: this insanity. Life's Been Good is one of the best classic rock 'n roll songs of all time. It has awesome music and some of the most clever lyrics ever! It does not deserve to go down yet. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE save it. :pray: :pray: :pray:

Brooke
09-25-2008, 10:45 AM
I agree dreamer. This is a travesty! :brickwall:

SAVE LIFE'S BEEN GOOD!

It just can't go down yet! It's a classic and so much fun!

I cast my vote for Help Me Through The Night.

ticky
09-25-2008, 10:51 AM
Life's Been Good is a great song, but all of them are! and LBG has so much play EVERYWHERE it's over played! time for it to rest.

sodascouts
09-25-2008, 12:01 PM
SAVE HELP ME THRU THE NIGHT! VOTE LIFE'S BEEN GOOD!!!

HMTTN is so amazing - moving an poignant - lovely harmonies - wonderful.

Yeah, Life's Been Good is a hoot and a signature song, but can you really say it moves you emotionally? Besides giving you a good laugh?

As you can imagine...

I cast my vote for Life's Been Good.

09-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Yeah, Life's Been Good is a hoot and a signature song, but can you really say it moves you emotionally? Besides giving you a good laugh?

Okay - I gotta totally disagree here with my good friend, soda. First of all, if a song gives you a good laugh, to me that means it's moving you emotionally. However, Life's Been Good does more for me than give me a good laugh - it is the ultimate 'feel good' song. Every time I hear it, it gives me a huge emotional high. I don't think I'm the only one either - just look at the audience reaction to it at the live shows.

I know that Life's Been Good may have been overplayed - but, so has Hotel California, Take It Easy, Desperado, and Heartache Tonight to name just a few others. However, that doesn't take away from the fact that these are all classic songs that have reached a legendary status in rock 'n roll history for good reason. As the old saying goes - "the cream rises to the top". JMHO

ticky
09-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Okay - I gotta totally disagree here with my good friend, soda. First of all, if a song gives you a good laugh, to me that means it's moving you emotionally. However, Life's Been Good does more for me than give me a good laugh - it is the ultimate 'feel good' song. Every time I hear it, it gives me a huge emotional high. I don't think I'm the only one either - just look at the audience reaction to it at the live shows.
Well, first of all, they rarely DO HMTTN in concert, not like they do Life's Been Good or RMW, so you cant really gage this by audience reaction. Personally I get MUCH more of an emotional high from listening to HMTTN then LBG, but like you said, thats my opinion. I would really like to see something less listened to win this just because it might make people give it a second listen! HMTTN is a great song! Look at me! I started out not liking it, but it took a different version to change my mind. Now the song melts me! to ME it's the ultimate Feel Good song.

I know that Life's Been Good may have been overplayed - but, so has Hotel California, Take It Easy, Desperado, and Heartache Tonight to name just a few others. However, that doesn't take away from the fact that these are all classic songs that have reached a legendary status in rock 'n roll history for good reason. As the old saying goes - "the cream rises to the top". JMHO
Hotel California and Take It Easy arent in this game so we cant vote on them. They are all great songs, but to be fair, if Hotel California and Take it easy WERE in this against say, Hollywood Waltz or Try and Love Again, I'd probably vote for one of those, because they are great songs that dont get much play! AND the cream may rise to the top, but the Buttah sinks *G*

The_Girl_Of_Summer
09-25-2008, 05:10 PM
I cast my vote for Help Me Thourgh the Night

Mrs Henley
09-25-2008, 06:29 PM
I cast my vote for Help Me Thru The Night

Just because I LOVE LIFES BEEN GOOD!

Prettymaid
09-25-2008, 06:51 PM
I'm going to have to tip the scale a little here. It's not that I want Life's Been Good voted off bacause it's been overplayed, and I don't want to keep Help Me Thru the Night just because it's the underdog. The fact that one is a fun, sarcastic - edged song and the other a beautifully simple ballad makes this all the more interesting. But once again I have to ask myself, which do I enjoy listening to more than the other? That's really all there is to it.

I cast my vote for Life's Been Good

TimothyBFan
09-25-2008, 07:13 PM
Brooke-couldn't have said it better myself!!!

Sorry Nancy-but you know what I am going to do here (and did I get told about it a few times last night):oops:

I vote for Help Me Thru The Night.

Toonlass
09-26-2008, 06:02 PM
My vote is for Life's Been Good

MikeA
09-26-2008, 06:07 PM
Hey Toony! Fancy meeting up with your here! I've a feeling I've met up with a bunch of all you guys around the Eagles related forums. :grouphug:

Wildthyme
09-26-2008, 07:32 PM
I have had a hard time deciding which way to vote this time. I really like all of the songs that are left. And while I agree HMTTN is a lovely song I just can't stand seeing Life's Been Good go away yet. So I while begging for the forgiveness of my best friend ticky, I cast my vote for Help Me Through the Night...

09-26-2008, 07:41 PM
OMG - I am so crossing my fingers that Life's Been Good will escape elimination this round. :wink: :nod: It should be no surprise ...

I cast my vote for Help Me Thru The Night.

Prettymaid
09-26-2008, 07:53 PM
OK everybody within the sight of this post, I am making one last effort to save Help me Thru the Night. If you feel so inclined, please vote immediately for Life's Been Good. You have until the top of the hour to cast your vote.

I thank you for your support!

09-26-2008, 08:12 PM
In a very tight round, the next song to be voted off the island in the Joe Walsh’s Greatest Hits: Little Did He Know (aka The Definitive Collection) Survivor is Help Me Thru The Night. “Help Me Thru The Night” it was such a price to pay, but we took your dream away. You must please leave the island immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Help Me Thru The Night – 7
Life’s Been Good – 6

Vote Breakdown
Help Me Thru The Night – DonFan
Help Me Thru The Night – Brooke
Help Me Thru The Night – The_Girl_Of_Summer
Help Me Thru The Night – Mrs Henley
Help Me Thru The Night – TimothyBFan
Help Me Thru The Night – Wildthyme
Help Me Thru The Night – Ive always been a dreamer
Life’s Been Good – Freypower
Life’s Been Good – glenneaglesfan
Life’s Been Good – ticky
Life’s Been Good – SodaScouts
Life’s Been Good – Prettymaid

Songs eliminated:
Mother Says 9/04
Midnight Man 9/06
Tend My Garden 9/08
Meadows 9/10
The Confessor 9/12
The Bomber 9/14
Turn To Stone 9/18
All Night Long 9/20
A Life Of Illusion 9/22
Walk Away 9/24
Help Me Thru The Night 9/26

Songs remaining:

There are no more immunity questions.

Voting for Round 13 begins now.

09-26-2008, 08:54 PM
:yay: :yay: :yay: Way to go Life's Been Good!!!!! Now - let's take it all the way to the finish line for you!!!! :nod: :nod: :nod:

Brooke
09-27-2008, 10:55 AM
All right, we managed to save LBG for another round! Well done! :yay:

These last three are going to require some more thought and listening! Oh the pain!

sodascouts
09-27-2008, 12:29 PM
Aw, MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that my favorite is gone, so is my emotional investment. No more forming coalitions for me!

So I cast my vote for Rocky Mountain Way.

DonFan
09-27-2008, 06:46 PM
I l love Life's Been Good. We sang it last night as part of our little band's set list and everyone sang along at the top of their lungs. I am holding out hope that it will win!

I vote for Rocky Mountain Way.

The_Girl_Of_Summer
09-27-2008, 06:52 PM
I cast my vote for Rocky Mountain Way

Freypower
09-27-2008, 07:55 PM
I again cast my vote for Life's Been Good. It doesn't have the swagger or bluesy feel that RMW has.

Has anyone noticed that the opening riff of LBG is very similar to The Heat is On? Ten notes in each - very similar tune, though of course LBG is played on guitar and THIO on sax.

The Bomber
09-27-2008, 11:25 PM
Too bad I missed this game. I can't let my fave Life's Been Good go down though.

I vote for Rocky Mountain Way!

ticky
09-28-2008, 12:26 AM
It just doesnt seem like its worth while now, but I guess I'll cast my vote for Lifes Been Good

It's a great song, they all are... were... but the others are better..

sorry...

JoeFan
09-28-2008, 03:57 AM
I vote for Life's Been Good.

Toonlass
09-28-2008, 05:12 AM
Life's Been Good once again gets the vote from me.