PDA

View Full Version : Glenn's new house

glenneaglesfan
09-09-2008, 09:57 AM
According to this article (http://www.bergproperties.com/blog/rocker-glenn-frey-pays-775m-for-a-six-bedroom-4400-square-foot-estate-in-hana-hawaii/4634/celebrities), Glenn has bought a new house in Hawaii.There are some photos of the garden, and a list of other places he owns or has owned, including a mention of the house in Snowmass that inspired River Of Dreams. Although it seems a bit intrusive to list all the financial details, it's rather nice to picture Glenn and his family enjoying those views!

tbs fanatic
09-09-2008, 10:55 AM
That looks fabulous. I wish I had a home in Hawaii :partytime: Yep, one day baby :rofl:

sodascouts
09-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Well, hope the Frey fam enjoys it!

I guess this guy has access to some kind of database - or is that kind of info readily available to the public?

I went to Kauai a few years ago with my family. Best breakfast I ever had was at a place there - I don't remember the name, but it was in a building that used to be a plantation home and it was on a pretty piece of land with a lovely view. They gave you these huge, delicious cinnamon rolls with breakfast! Yum! Beautiful area, too, of course. lol

ETA: It was driving me crazy that I couldn't remember the name of the restaurant, so I looked it up: It's Gaylord's (http://www.gaylordskauai.com/).

TimothyBFan
09-09-2008, 01:01 PM
As private as the guys like to be, I can only imagine how they love these kind of things being posted on the internet for everyone to read.:headshake:

sodascouts
09-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Yeah, I know.... I think I'll leave it off of the front page of GFO (http://www.glennfreyonline.com)!

AzEaglesFan
09-09-2008, 01:47 PM
If you go to the Feb 8,2008 item on this article you will find the house that Joe purchased last year. It also gives an address for all of his other homes.

Brooke
09-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Wow! Can you imagine having so many homes? I wonder how they decide when they will be at any certain one or which one will be their "main" home?

Oh, to have such problems! :sigh:

tbs fanatic
09-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Wow! There is a 'not very nice' comment about Joe and his family situation with Denise - eek! Of course, maybe this guy has an ax to grind but it wasn't very flattering to say the least.

sodascouts
09-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Remember, sometimes people post lies on the internet. I looked up this guy Cole Entman and I can't find ONE mention of him anywhere else. You can bet a California realtor would at least have a website, or be mentioned on a few online home listings. I doubt "Cole Entman" is even his real name.

AzEaglesFan
09-09-2008, 06:28 PM
I could have done without the comments too. I was surprised that the guy had so much info though. Not that I want to but I wonder how they can come up with all of it. I tried to check on a house that I thought we might want to buy and I had to have a legal description of the location and some other information that I had no way of knowing. I guess where there is a will there is a way. I just went back and read the article again and caught that they had Joe and a "former Eagle", what do they think he does now?:eyebrow:

Freypower
09-09-2008, 08:04 PM
I would have thought any professional real estate agent (as we call them here) would not spread sordid gossip about his/her clients.

I have to say I was interested to see the photos of Glenn's house. But a quick check of Google says, as 'Kelli' states, that Hana is on Maui, not Kauai. So how accurate is this website? You will note the comments where they say they had it listed as Maui, then changed it to Kauai.

Here is a site which places Hana firmly in Maui.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Hana-Hawaii.html

Glennsallnighter
09-10-2008, 05:26 AM
His new house looks lovely. I was particularly amused by the comment that "The gated estate, at the end of a long road....." (Out of Eden??? Or perhaps into it!).
I hope Glenn :heart: and his family are happy living there, and have the porivacy that they are entitled to.

lyin' eyes
09-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Love the house! Its gorgeous. I want to stay there.

Maidstone
01-21-2016, 12:52 PM
I'm sorry - I searched the threads and cannot find a topic for this. But curious...why did Glenn and Cindy move to New York?

Was it in 2012? So they sold their house in California and moved to lower Manhattan?

Let me know. Just curious why he would move to NYC.
Thank you!

sodascouts
01-21-2016, 01:41 PM
There's been speculation but he never actually publicly stated why he moved. I believe they kept their house in LA, however.

Freypower
01-21-2016, 05:27 PM
We also know that after holidaying in Hawaii after the HOTE tour he was hospitalised for an intestinal infection in Los Angeles so presumably he was there at the time. Then he returned to New York & we know what happened next. :weep:

Brooke
01-25-2016, 02:11 PM
We also know that after holidaying in Hawaii after the HOTE tour he was hospitalised for an intestinal infection in Los Angeles so presumably he was there at the time. Then he returned to New York & we know what happened next. :weep:

What holiday did he spend in Hawaii? Thanksgiving maybe? I missed that about being in the hospital in LA too?

AlreadyGone95
01-25-2016, 02:19 PM
What holiday did he spend in Hawaii? Thanksgiving maybe? I missed that about being in the hospital in LA too?

By holidaying, FP means vacationing.

Freypower
01-25-2016, 05:01 PM
I apologise for not using the American term. I'm sorry I can't give you a link about the LA hospitalisation, but I read it.

ETA: Found it. Of course it uses the word 'vacationing' which I instantly changed to the word used here, 'holidaying'.

http://pagesix.com/2016/01/19/glenn-frey-had-been-hospitalized-since-november-says-bob-seger/

Note THIS article says he needed surgery, but does not state that it took place.

Brooke
01-25-2016, 05:36 PM
Fp, no problem! I just missed that or if I saw it, forgot it. Thanks for explaining.

I'm glad he got to have some vacation time before he got sick. :sad:

GlennLover
01-25-2016, 10:29 PM
And that article has quotes from Irving, Bob Seger and Glenn's brother Alan. More reliable sources than most of the articles.