PDA

View Full Version : Joe Walsh Fan Club Site

sodascouts
09-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Joe Walsh' fan club now has its own domain:

http://www.joewalshfanclub.com/

If you're a member, you should check it out. On the Multimedia page (http://www.joewalshfanclub.com/media/media.html), there's a video of Joe doing "All Night Laundromat Blues" - a song I can really relate to, lol - and it's terrific!

ticky
09-11-2008, 08:52 PM
I like where he explains "Life's Been Good" *G* it explains soo much!!

sodascouts
09-11-2008, 09:34 PM
I'm watching it now. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rickmullen
09-12-2008, 12:48 AM
I still can't get over the fact that "Rocky Mountain Way" was omitted
in Texas. How can you have Joe Walsh on stage for 2&1/2+ hours and
not play that song? It's insane.

Rick

ticky
09-12-2008, 04:06 AM
True Rick, It'd be like going to see the guys and them NOT playing Hotel California! But ya know there so much great stuff Joe could do from his solo stuff, I guess he had to be choosey. Im thrilled to hear Don's doing Boys of Summer. My friends and I used to act out the "Dont look back, you can never look back" part from the video when the song came on *G* It's a great song!
In the mean time Rick, get your Ipod (or AN Ipod if you havent got one yet,) Load it up with ALL of Joe's great head-bangers and go for it!! YEEHAW! *G* (becareful, I through my neck out doing this)

Littlemelly9
09-12-2008, 06:13 AM
Ticky your funny!!:hilarious:

ticky
09-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Melli :wink:

DonFan
10-16-2008, 11:15 PM
I got an email from the Joe Walsh Fan Club tonight saying if I was planning on attending any Eagles shows in November, they wanted me to email them with the show city, show date, and my email address. Did anyone else get this? I am a new JWFC member so I'm not sure what this is for, but I hope Joe is planning on holding M&Gs in the shows where there will be a number of fan club members. What do y'all think?

ticky
10-17-2008, 12:56 AM
I did get that email too DF. Becca has been saying all along that there were no M&Gs planned for November, but who knows about later?

MikeA
10-17-2008, 07:50 AM
I did get that email too DF. Becca has been saying all along that there were no M&Gs planned for November, but who knows about later?

From my experience in the club there is little doubt in my mind that she is trying to determine at which concert the most fans in the club will be and will be setting up a M&G if possible there.

Good for you guys!

DonFan
10-17-2008, 09:07 AM
The JWFC emailed me back offering to let me purchase tickets. I was holding out this time until closer to the concert date, hoping really close seats would drop. Anyway, I asked them where the seats were and their reply is below.
I don't know what to do--the price is definitely right. I was planning on paying more than that for close seats, even though, truthfully, I shouldn't because I really can't afford it. Should I go for the seats, sight unseen? Any advice?

"Tickets are $97 or $152 (these prices are w/o the service charge). I would not be able to tell you where the seats are located - but they are always great seats."

MikeA
10-17-2008, 09:38 AM
DF, That is the "rubber stamp" reply that Becca uses. I really do not think she knows where the seats will be located but I've never heard of anyone complaining too much about the location of the seating from JWFC.

My wife and I never bought tickets through the fan club. I recall in Chicago at the M&G back in, 2003 or 2004 (yesh, has it been that long?), we got our tickets somewhere else for something like 5th row center on the floor and the large group of fans that did get tickets through the JWFC were seated in the second level (sort of a balcony level) right in the front row just far enough away to have a great view of the stage from Joe's side. We had a large banner made up (thanks to Susie aka "Buster") that Joe signed during the greet and we had all signed it at the same time. They displayed the banner on the railing and Joe acknowledged the club with a point and wave during the concert.

There have been a lot of fans who bought through the club and one thing is for sure, it takes the hassle out of scrounging through TicketMaster or ILAA for Hobson's choice!

DonFan
10-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the explanation, Mike. I really wanted closer seats than second tier or balcony, so I guess I will wait.

Brooke
10-17-2008, 10:24 AM
I got that message from JWFC, too, but I already have tickets for KC. Should I reply, just to let her know?

MikeA
10-17-2008, 12:02 PM
I got that message from JWFC, too, but I already have tickets for KC. Should I reply, just to let her know?

YESH!!!! I misread your original post Brooke. I read it that she was asking who all already had tickets.

If she is asking who is planning to go and what cities, I'd lean more toward the probability that she is either trying to sell tickets she already has or that she is trying to figure out how many to get Joe to obtain seating for.

The way that was stated, it does not sound like she is polling for a M&G possibility.

Sorry if I built your hopes up. Still, you never know. There might be an M&G set up at the last minute...I don't think that has ever happened though. Too much planning and coordination and organization to do it spur of the moment.

Scooby
10-17-2008, 10:51 PM
Just from my experience. I have only bought tickets through JWFC twice. The first time I bought 4 tickets through the club for a concert in Calif, they turned out to be in the 2nd row, great seats of course. The last time for Milwaukee they were the rows to the right of the stage about 8 rows up which was fine, except there is that pole that has a camera on it or whatever that takes pictures of the guys that are then projected onto the big screens above. That dang was REALLY distracting! It would go back and forth in front of Joe all the time, it was like you're trying to enjoy the show and then you are thinking, here it comes again! Really not good! I mentioned it to Becca just as an FYI. Someone else on JWFC I know had the same experience. You just never know.

So we're going to the Omaha show and there have already been some great seats avail these past few days on the MF. Like 4,5 & 6th row seats. We were able to get 6th row in front of Glenn. So to play it safe, I'm not going the club route anymore, I want to know where I'm sitting ahead of time from now on. JMO! :grin:

DonFan
10-18-2008, 10:47 AM
My buddy Lynda & I decided we wanted to know where our seats were ahead of time too, so we bit the bullet and bought seats through StubHub.

Third row center! That is the closest I have EVER been. :yay:

ticky
10-18-2008, 11:11 AM
DF! wow!! great seats Congrats!! (jealous jealous jealous)

MikeA
10-18-2008, 12:19 PM
My buddy Lynda & I decided we wanted to know where our seats were ahead of time too, so we bit the bullet and bought seats through StubHub.

Good Move DF. We keep oscillating between going and not going. When we get back from Vegas we'll probably get serious about a decision. If we do go to the KC show, I sure hope we can meet up with some of you guys.

Brooke
10-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Way to go DF! That's fantastic! :yay:

Prettymaid
10-19-2008, 07:50 PM

Yea DF, great seats!!!

tbs fanatic
10-20-2008, 12:14 PM
That sounds great DF :partytime:

sodascouts
10-20-2008, 01:05 PM
Awesome, DF!

Mrs Henley
10-20-2008, 05:41 PM

WOW DF! That are great seats! Yeeeeh!!!!

Ive always been a dreamer
06-08-2009, 05:35 PM
There was some discussion started in another thread that I thought was interesting, so I thought I'd move it over here. MikeA raised the question about whether the JWFC policy is fair with regard to whether members should be allowed to bring one guest to a M&G.

At first, Mike, I thought that it is fair to allow a member to bring one guest. However, then, I thought of some recent situations where some members were actually not allowed in because of limited space. In that case, I really don't think it is fair to bump a paying member to make room for a guest. Now, obviously, the ideal situation is to accommodate everyone, but if that is not possible then paying members should be given priority IMO.

MikeA
06-08-2009, 06:18 PM
On the other side of that argument would be exactly "what" benefit would two memberships in the same household have that one would not have other than the M&G? I tried to justify it and there just wasn't any way. It has nothing to do with fan loyalty. No one is a bigger Joe Walsh fan than I nor are there very many who have followed him longer than I. Only those who knew him before the first James Gang album was released!

If there were more benefits to the fanclub than showing loyalty to Joe and access to the very minimal number of M&Gs offered, then possibly I would consider paying for double membership. Alas, there really isn't any benefit to double membership other than an occasional M&G that has to correspond with the members ability to travel to the concert city at the time of the concert.

Now, I understand that Joe cannot conduct a M&G at every venue. Logistics alone prevent this. And I understand also that at those venues where he does conduct M&Gs, sometimes the room is so small that fire marshals and other governing bodies will allow only a limited number of people.

I do sympathize with those who were not allowed to attend an M&G because of limited "seating". I think Soda was one such casualty.

For me, membership in the fanclub had so few benefits that I couldn't even justify retaining membership only for me alone. The year I joined JWFC, there was a M&G that I drove to from Wichita ultimately to Chicago to attend. We hit 4 Eagles concerts that one trip (Maddison, Chicago, Indianapolis, and Columbus). Fortunately, at that time, Verna was allowed to attend as my guest. I remained a member in JWFC until last year. Great fans on that Forum and I made some long lasting friendships. I do NOT regret being a member nor do I regret giving up all the privileges.

I remain a loyal Walsh fan....I'm just not a card-carrying member now. Now, if Verna had not had the chance to meet Joe, I consider joining for one M&G so that we could do so together. But we HAVE had the privilege to meet him. On the chance that I might be able to go to another, I might consider maintaining one membership but not if I could not meet Joe with Verna by my side! And honestly, at this point, Paying $100 for two memberships or whatever it is now in price, for a chance for an up close howdee do....well, to those who haven't met him, it might make sense.

And, Joe is not an exception in the paying fan club business. I think "The Who" are also pretty proud of their memberships and I believe the Eagles also require a membership to get benefits too. Nothing out of the ordinary at all. Just not worth it to me personally.

06-09-2009, 11:29 AM
I see what you're saying Mike. The real problem here seems to be that the JWFC needs to have more benefits to encourage fans to join. Like you said, most true fans would not object to paying the membership fee if there were more incentives attached. I also think it would be very wise for the fan club to allow members to bring one guest to a M&G. However, it would mean that they should insure that they have enough space to accommodate them, and it should never be at the expense of turning away a member. JMHO

MikeA
06-09-2009, 01:27 PM
However, it would mean that they should insure that they have enough space to accommodate them, and it should never be at the expense of turning away a member. JMHO

Then they should have "family memberships" where one is a full member with dues at normal annual rates plus the "family" part where the additional members would pay maybe $10 a year.

I know of no one who rationalize paying for two full memberships so their spouse would not be left standing in the parking lot at these "before the show" M&Gs. That's just ridiculous. So the option is to either ante up for two full memberships or leave the club when you really didn't want to.

Leave the club was and is my choice. A shame too. I'd really like to be able to support Joe's popularity...but not enough to double pay and if it comes down to Joe or my wife, I'm taking my wife EVERY TIME!

I'm really not bitter about it though it might sound that way. I had a choice of three options...stay a member by myself...pay for my wife's full membership...or leave the club to those willing to pay the price. I made my choice and wish all the members of JWFC all the best. I do hope you get the chance to meet Joe. He is far beyond an "Ordinary Average Guy".

sodascouts
06-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Unfortunately, it seems there is little consistency with how these things are dealt with. Sometimes non-member buddies are allowed, sometimes not. All I know is, when there is a space issue, someone who paid needs to get priority over someone who has not paid.

You say you think it's a rip off to buy two memberships just so you can both go to the meet'n'greet, so you don't buy two. Well, that's your choice. But how would you feel if you DID buy both memberships but STILL couldn't get in because two people ahead of you bought someone with them, taking the spaces that you and your wife had bought memberships solely to get?

Talk about a rip off.

MikeA
06-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Non resolvable issue Soda. That's one of the reasons I'm no longer a member. But when my only incentive to be in JWFC was really the M&G opportunities, when economically that became not an option, there was not enough other reasons to stay. I put off "retiring" as a member for two years. I really enjoyed associating with the other JWFC members. But ultimately, the small discount from store products was no where near enough to make up for even one membership renewal let alone TWO.

So my hope is that everyone who purchases membership does get in to talk with Joe at a M&G through the club. And I hope they are able to attend without having to leave a companion standing in the parking lot in a strange city.

For me, even meeting Joe again is not worth that. Maybe for some it is worth it. I guess that is why membership in JWFC is a choice.

sodascouts
06-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Exactly, Mike.

And in your scenario, I can see why the partner wouldn't want to go by himself. If my significant other wasn't comfortable finding a way to entertain himself while I was at the meet'n'greet and he planned to just stand there in the parking lot forlornly while I was inside, then I wouldn't want to leave him alone either. So, we'd either pony up for his membership or I'd take my lumps and skip it, like you did.

Maybe they should investigate using larger spaces for these. Might make everybody happy.

In the meantime, I too have let my membership lapse.

06-10-2009, 05:30 PM
I let my membership lapse as well. The truth is, I think a large majority of the members join for the purpose of getting into a M&G. I know that's when I joined. Honestly, since I screwed up the first M&G that I was supposed to attend, I would probably rejoin if I had another opportunity to meet Joe. However, the other member benefits aren't worth the membership fee IMO.

MikeA
06-10-2009, 05:59 PM
Maybe they should investigate using larger spaces for these. Might make everybody happy.

I don't think they have a lot of control over the "space" for the M&Gs. That depends a lot on the venue at which they are performing.

And, there is the problem of getting so many people into even a large courtesy room that no one would be able to get even a handshake and a How Ya Doin'. Joe has never to my knowledge been able to spend more than about 15 or 20 minutes in the "greet room" before heading backstage to the dressing rooms where he makes final preparations for the performance. In some cases, logistics do not even allow for the possibility of time to be spent with fans.

I know that Verna and I traveled to either 15 or 16 Eagles concerts over a three year period and only ONE M&G was offered on those stops we attended (Chicago). We were fortunate. There were not that many people there and we all had time for more than a token handshake. We actually got to talk with him for a minute or two each. It was very informal. Joe just sort of wandered around the room talking to peeps and then, after we got the group photo shot, he sat on the arm of a sofa and fielded questions about anything and everything. Really casual.

I do wish that all of Joe's fans had that opportunity, but even at the M&Gs I read about that we didn't attend, Joe did not have the time to spend with individuals like he did in Chicago. I even heard of one where they lined the fans up against the wall and told them NOT to approach Joe! Probably extenuating circumstances...security concerns or something.

We couldn't take cameras in nor could we take anything in to have him autograph...though one lady had him autograph her leg and she later had it tattooed.

But that was the only opportunity in three years that worked out that we might take advantage of an M&G.