PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee, WI 9-21-08

Molly
09-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Hey ladies! It was a late night last night even though we were close to home. I needed to sleep in this morning!

Hubby and I suggested every one meet up at a restaurant right across the street from the Bradley Center. We got there about 15 minutes late (my fault we had to run back for my sunglasses and lip gloss). Steve and I found a spot at the bar so we could watch the door for the other Eagles fans (2 of whom I'd never met before and had no idea what they looked like). Hubby quizzed me, "what color is their hair?" "Did you ask them what they'd be wearing?" "Did you think to get any cell phone numbers?" Ahhhh, those answers would be, "I don't know", "I didn't think to ask" and "Nope". :oops:

I wandered around the bar/restaurant a few times looking for familiar and not so familiar faces, but never did find anyone. I was asked where the restrooms were twice (I happened to be dressed like the wait staff). Finally, I decided to just sit down with hubby and wait for our friends, Bruce and Carol.

Sorry Sandy and Dennis from Minnesota. I really tried. Hubby thought he recognized them and asked another couple if they were Sandy and Dennis. They weren't obviously, but ironically they were from Minnesota!

After dinner, we walked across the street to the show. I knew a few Eagles fans were sitting right up front, so we went up front to say hello and so I could finally introduce "Ditka" to them.

We headed back to our seats with about 5 minutes til' showtime.

The crowd was lively and loud! Lots of extended applauses which the guys seemed to really appreciate. I heard someone hooting and hollering in our row, and then realized it was our friend Bruce. He's been an Eagles fan since the 70's and it was his first show. He really into it, and that made it more fun!

Hubby started playing "air drums" at one point, and I had to give him that "look". :eyebrow:

Same set list. Only 2 songs for encores which was a little disappointing.

A few things that were unique to our show.

Timmy was exceptionally chatty (for Timmy) and adorable. During band intros he gave Glenn a long drawn out introduction "our fearless leader, tonight's master of ceremonies, etc.) and finally said "From Motor City, Detroit, MI...Glenn Frey). Joe started playing "My Girl" and to my delight...Glenn started singing it! Only the first few lines, though.

During "Guilty of the Crime" Joe completely screwed up the first verse. He ended up repeating the same lines twice, basically. Don and Glenn gave each other a quizzical look and then Glenn did his usual...he totally cracked up. Probably a lot of people didn't even realize Joe's mistake, not knowing the song as well. The guy next to me (obviously also a big fan) looked over and asked me if he'd screwed up. "Oh yeah!"

Before singing "Love Will Keep Us Alive" Timmy introduced the song as a Paul Carrack song and said, "You know the guy from Squeeze, the one who sings...and then started soulfully (eyes closed) "Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted but the truth is discovered". Very cool!

<Sigh> And "Desperado" made me cry again. It always does.

Also, I love the way Timmy "lingers" on stage at the end. Like he's not ready to go yet.

Glenn announced at least twice (maybe 3 times) about not filming the show. OK, OK...we get it! He made himself sound like such an old crab. :scowl: He did relent about half way thru and say cameras were OK. :shock:

It was a great show. More lively than Charlottesville, I think. Next Monday, Green Bay and much better seats!!!

Oh, almost forgot. The back of the shirts have a few more cities listed. Philadephia, Pittsburgh, Hershey Penn. and another I can't recall.

Ive always been a dreamer
09-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Molly - sounds like a wonderful night. That was a great review and I'm so glad you all enjoyed yourself so much. I'm sorry you only got one encore again though. Looks like they may be dropping the second one for good and that makes me very sad! :wink: :cry:

Prettymaid
09-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Thank you Molly for the review, and thanks for posting the things that were unique to your show. I enjoyed reading those. And lucky you, getting to go to so many shows!

tbs fanatic
09-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Great review. It is cool how Timmy always takes his time leaving the stage:inlove:

sodascouts
09-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Oh my gosh, I sure hope they do that My Girl thing for Chicago! That is my favorite cover that Glenn did for his solo shows. Makes me melt! :: sigh ::

I love all the "extras" the guys did. It's the little things that make a concert stand out. Poor Joe, forgetting some words, but hey, stuff happens! They're pros and moved along, even with a little bit of laughter. ;)

Thank you so much for sharing all of this. It makes me even more excited for Chicago. I hope our show's as special as yours was!

Brooke
09-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Great review, Molly! Sounds like your show was as unforgettable as mine!

The Eagles are fabulous! :love:

TimothyBFan
09-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Molly -real glad that you enjoyed yourself and had a great show. I hope Timothy is "chatty" Wednesday night also!

Prettymaid
09-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Glenn announced at least twice (maybe 3 times) about not filming the show. OK, OK...we get it! He made himself sound like such an old crab. :scowl: He did relent about half way thru and say cameras were OK. :shock:

Did anyone else catch this in Molly's review? Glenn said cameras were OK!

Molly
09-22-2008, 05:37 PM
Did anyone else catch this in Molly's review? Glenn said cameras were OK!

He did say that during the 2nd portion of the show. Before that, security was "patroling" looking for cameras/videos because that is what the band wants.

If you plan on attempting to take pictures, I guess I would advise to use caution unless you get the "OK" announcement from someone in the band like we did.

Prettymaid
09-22-2008, 05:47 PM
But I wonder why the change of mind? Why is it that it's so forbidden that the camera Nazis (Brooke's term) are patrolling to insure it doesn't happen, and then all of a sudden it's OK later in the show?

Molly
09-22-2008, 05:52 PM
Glenn's perogative, I suppose. Remember, he's in charge. :wink:

Brooke
09-22-2008, 06:54 PM
The thing is, it's not fair to allow it in some places and not in others.

I know, I'm whining like a two year old, but really! :-x

Freypower
09-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Great review, Molly. I love the 'our fearless leader' bit and as for the My Girl part I would have fainted (anyone who has heard Glenn sing this knows how wonderful it is).

DonFan
09-23-2008, 07:58 AM
Great review, Molly! How lucky that you got the official "Okay" on cameras from Glenn!

Molly
09-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Great review, Molly! How lucky that you got the official "Okay" on cameras from Glenn!

Sadly, I had no camera with me! Our seats were too far away for that.

DonFan
09-23-2008, 05:46 PM
Sadly, I had no camera with me! Our seats were too far away for that.

Isn't that the way it always happens? :brickwall:

glenneaglesfan
09-24-2008, 03:58 AM
Molly, wonderful review, and I'm so glad you had such a good time, and that your friends enjoyed it! Funny that Joe screwed up, and as for Glenn singing My Girl... sigh!

Ive always been a dreamer
09-24-2008, 11:28 AM
Yeah - I think I'll probably pee in my pants if I ever see Glenn do that "My Girl" thing!!! :fainting: :fainted:

Molly
09-24-2008, 04:34 PM
I must have had quite the smitten look on my face while he was singing it. After he stopped, I realized Steve and our 2 friends were all intently watching me watch Glenn. When I looked over at them, all 3 busted out laughing.

Hubby asked me why I don't get that look on my face when I look at him. Well, duh!

Oh, I forgot this story: After the show, we stopped at a local bar/restaurant to have a drink and talk about the show. My friend, Carol, made a comment that she thought my husband, Steve, if he would take his glasses off, would look a lot like Glenn.

I told her he would look more like Glenn if I took my glasses off...and stood really, really, really far away from him.

tbs fanatic
09-24-2008, 05:26 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

ticky
09-24-2008, 05:52 PM
Molly LOL

Freypower
09-24-2008, 11:33 PM
I must have had quite the smitten look on my face while he was singing it. After he stopped, I realized Steve and our 2 friends were all intently watching me watch Glenn. When I looked over at them, all 3 busted out laughing.

Hubby asked me why I don't get that look on my face when I look at him. Well, duh!

Oh, I forgot this story: After the show, we stopped at a local bar/restaurant to have a drink and talk about the show. My friend, Carol, made a comment that she thought my husband, Steve, if he would take his glasses off, would look a lot like Glenn.

I told her he would look more like Glenn if I took my glasses off...and stood really, really, really far away from him.

:thumbsup:

So let me guess. Was it just the first two lines: 'I've got sunshine on a cloudy day/when it's cold outside I've got the month of May'? I can't imagine him doing any more than that. :love: He must have taken the others by surprise. Nice to see some spontaneity.

Molly
09-25-2008, 05:48 PM

So let me guess. Was it just the first two lines: 'I've got sunshine on a cloudy day/when it's cold outside I've got the month of May'? I can't imagine him doing any more than that. :love: He must have taken the others by surprise. Nice to see some spontaneity.

Yup! That's what we got!

Prettymaid
09-25-2008, 06:09 PM

FP, in Chicago they started playing it and all we got was 'on a cloudy day'. We cheered to get more but it wasn't meant to be!

TimothyBFan
09-25-2008, 07:05 PM
Molly-good one!!!

sodascouts
09-26-2008, 04:58 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sodascouts
10-15-2008, 02:05 PM
:shh: Shh.... some videos from Milwaukee! Don't tell the guys! :ziplip:

http://www.youtube.com/user/kbugzk

:wink:

Mrs Henley
10-15-2008, 02:25 PM
:shh: Shh.... some videos from Milwaukee! Don't tell the guys! :ziplip:

http://www.youtube.com/user/kbugzk

:wink:

*is calling Don :lol:*
No just kidding!

OOooh great work Soda! :D

ticky
10-15-2008, 02:46 PM
Sheesh.. talk about fuel for the fire. I wonder how long it would take me to drive to Hershey?? and would the ol' Mom mobile make it?? WTH, I have roadside assist! Im good!

tbs fanatic
10-15-2008, 03:53 PM
That video is great.

Molly
10-15-2008, 04:17 PM
Thanks for that, Nancy! Now I can collect on my bet with our friend, Bruce. I bet him that somewhere in the hall someone was filming the show no matter how many times Glenn made his announcement!

eaglesvet
10-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Sheesh.. talk about fuel for the fire. I wonder how long it would take me to drive to Hershey?? and would the ol' Mom mobile make it?? WTH, I have roadside assist! Im good!

Just do it!! I'll meet you ahead of time, and we can get all the chocolate we need for our band...
(Don't you have any long-lost relatives you need to visit for Turkey Day on the East Coast?)

Brooke
10-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Nice! :ziplip:

ticky
10-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Just do it!! I'll meet you ahead of time, and we can get all the chocolate we need for our band...
(Don't you have any long-lost relatives you need to visit for Turkey Day on the East Coast?)

LOL none I'd want to admit too, but I like the idea of the guys and Chocolate!! Dipped, rolled coated or just shared *G* it's all good...

glenneaglesfan
10-16-2008, 06:37 AM
Thanks for the links to the vids, Soda. Check out the band intros and Glenn's little song and dance!