PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis, MO 9-20-08

Brooke
09-21-2008, 09:29 PM
Here's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Hey I'm freakin' out! Wow, what a night! :crazy:

I really don't know if I can even tell you what an awesome night in we had! I'm really almost at a loss for words. I guess it would be best to just start at the beginning and see what develops.

My husband and I left for St. Louis at about 12:00 noon. After various stops along the way we got checked in to our hotel (4 blocks from the Scottrade Center-not 2 as the website told us) at about 3 pm. We got ourselves gussied up and walked over to tbsf's hotel (across the street from the venue-you lucky dog) at about 5. It was great to finally get to meet someone from our community here! After chatting for a while we decided it was time to go check out the venue and see if we could see anything happening over there.

The 5 star VIP experience.

At the venue there were just a few people milling about. Some looking for tickets even. I noticed that at every window there was a sign posted that said "No cameras or recording devices for tonight's performance." I thought, hmmmmmm, and promptly hid my camera as best as I could in the bottom of my purse. At about 6:05 our ILAA hostess came out and told everyone doing the 5 star to line up and we would be let in. We were first there, but another couple came up and walked in in front of us, the dogs. We got checked in, a guard checked my purse, (briefly, and no, he didn't find my camera!) and were told we could do some shopping first, if we wanted to, which was just inside the gates. We immediately picked out a t-shirt each and a program and went to wait with the group. After everyone was finished, our hostess led us to a private area where we were given our gift bags, served drinks and a wonderful meal. We had chicken parmesan, pasta alfredo, breadsticks, ceasar salad, and cheesecake. It was all very delicious. Yum! The gift bag had the leather bound journal in it and a discount coupon for the online store. Eh, ok. Husband was thrilled-not! Then the hostess came to each table and gave us our tickets-the moment of truth! Front row-seats 3 and 4, center section B! Ack! I'm sooooo hoping these are as great as they sound! (Yes, they were!) Then there was a raffle. T-shirts and a hoodie were the main things. Then someone won an autographed cd! I wanted it so bad. We didn't win anything, naturally! After visiting with several of the fans, there was about 30 in our 5 star group, (larger than I expected) it was time to go check out our seats. The hostess led the way past a windowed area where we could actually see backstage! Nothing happening there though. As we found our seats, we were absolutely thrilled to find ourselves smack in front of Joe's mike and a bit towards Glenn's! Oh man, we were pumped! :partytime:

Show time.

You know I don't know if there are any words to describe this concert. I mean St. Louis ROCKED! From the beginning, when the guys came out onto the stage, the whole place was on their feet, dancing and singing along. Every moment from beginning to end was just awesome. Every song was near perfect. You couldn't ask for them to do anything different or better. I'm not going to go through and talk about each song. It's already been done. I really can't add much. Glenn did his usual jokes and everyone still laughed. The set list was the same. Yes, I got Take It Easy in the encore. Only one encore again. I checked out everyone's shoes. Don had on his boots. Glenn and Tim had on black dress shoes. I didn't manage to see Joe's. :shrug: They all looked wonderful in their suits and with their jackets off. Each one of them were VERY hot, sexy and gorgeous! :inlove: I got eye contact and smiles with all four of them and even Scottie! :nahnah: How'd I do that? I had made 2 signs and waved one of them every little bit! The first one said "I :heart: THE EAGLES" and the other said "OH YEAH! When I got them out whoever happened to be singing would look at me and get this smile on their face. It was awesome! I even caught Scottie's eye when he was drumming! I had thought of doing this and wondered if they'd ever had a sign in the crowd? I got the idea at the Keith Urban concert I went to last spring. There were signs everywhere at that. I didn't see any more last night. I think they thought it was great!!

Pictures-a security guard was camped out right in front of me to my right. Bummer. Lots of people tried taking pictures. He would immediately jump up and tell them to put the camera away. I decided I would just wait till the end and try to sneak in a few shots. At least if he threw me out, I wouldn't miss very much. I didn't see them take anyone away or their camera away though. I finally traded seats with my husband and tried to stand a bit behind him and sneak in a few shots, but the guy saw me and told me to quit. I got a few, but not many. That's the only bad thing about having such wonderful seats, you cannot hide and take pictures! Oh well. I will post them as soon as I can, if they are any good at all.

I brought a notebook with me to write things down, but I never got it out. I just couldn't sit down! I just wanted to savor every moment, so if this seems a bit sporadic, I'm just writing what I can remember.

Just before Life's Been Good, Joe said "I'm freakin' out" and everyone laughed! He made lots of geetar faces. Of course, I waved my "Oh Yeah" sign at the appropriate time and I got on the hat cam! The guys all seemed to be in great moods and were smiling and laughing throughout the whole evening. They did the freeze bit during whichever song they do that on and Don did his jump at the end of Dirty Laundry.

The St. Louis crowd was so cool and danced during most of the show. I was dancing myself and it was actually nice to sit during the acoustic set and cool off. I'm sure Glenn spit on me several times, too! I could certainly see it a few times. :nod:

Don't anyone count Joe Walsh out either. He does many more solos than I thought throughout the entire show. He's there on most of the new songs, too. Glenn does more than I expected too. Yes, Steuart has his stuff, but he does NOT overshadow Joe at all. No doubt about it. Joe was absolutely blistering on LROOE and In The City nearly brought the house down.

During one of Glenn's songs Glenn held a note kind of like Don does on Desperado. I can't remember which song it was, but it was towards the end! He enjoyed the crowd's reaction a lot.

One cool thing, at the end they were waving goodby and I thought, I'm going to throw my sign up on stage and try to get their attention to sign it. Well, it landed at Tim's feet and he picked it up and held it up high for everyone to see. I tried to get his attention to sign it and give it back to me, but he didn't understand and took it with him! So, Tim, sweetie, you've got my sign. Would you please have the guys autograph it and send it back to me? PLEASE! :pray:

I guess that's about it. As my husband said on our way home today, The Eagles are the real deal. They don't miss a lick. They are a class act. That's exactly right. And we got our money's worth and I don't regret spending that much money one bit. It was all fabulous!

And one more thing, Eagles, all of you, :iloveyou:

Peekaboo
09-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Great review!! I'm happy for you Brooke, sounds like it was another amazing show. I too was lucky enough to score the front row seats with ILAA. Your moment with Tim and the sign reminded me of my moment with Glenn and the roses. I would love to relive that moment over and over. Those guys are simply amazing. Now i'm really starting to get anxious for the Nov. concert in Tulsa.

Ive always been a dreamer
09-21-2008, 11:22 PM
OMG Brooke! That is wonderful that you got front row seats. I know you must have been psyched the whole night and probably will be for some time to come. As a matter of fact, I'm psyched for you!!! :partytime: Great idea about the signs, too. I'm sure Tim will have that autographed sign back to you anytime now.

Now, where is tbsf - did she behave herself or is she still waiting for someone to post her bail? :wink: :wink:

ticky
09-21-2008, 11:45 PM
Wow Brooke!
what a great experience!! Im sooo :jealous::jealous::jealous::jealous:!!
Im so glad you had such a personal experience too! The sign story is wonderful and how exciting! Im thrilled to hear Joe's so active and so much a part of the act. I know it looked like he was slowing down a bit in Farewell 1 but he can still rip it up with the best of em!
Im wondering about tbsf tho?? Is she waiting for us to post her bail?? Did she grab me a handful of Joe? *G*
It sounds like you had a great time. Thanks so much for telling us everything!

Timmy!! Send her back her sign honey!!
(Im sure it's on its way Brooke)

sodascouts
09-22-2008, 12:41 AM
How wonderful! FIRST ROW! WOW! I got excited just reading your post. I'm so glad you had such a great time!

TimothyBFan
09-22-2008, 08:09 AM
Brooke-just like Rick's review for Nashville, you gave me goosebumps!! I am so excited for you!! Glad you had such a wonderful experience. Tim could take my sign anyday:).

I am getting really worried--what if tbsf took Timmy? Are we sure he made it to Milwaukee last night? :eyebrow: Please let him go and get him to Chicago before Wednesday tbsf.

Prettymaid
09-22-2008, 08:28 AM
Brooke, it was wonderful reading about your evening. You told it so well and so sincerely that I had tears in my eyes by the time I was finished. This is something you will cherish forever!

tbs fanatic
09-22-2008, 10:10 AM
Yeah! I'm finally back on. Well as Brooke has already said it was a fabulous night. Not least of which was meeting Brooke and her hubby - what a great way to start the night.

Okay, here is my review. I managed to get in at the Sheraton which is just a hop away from the event and I could see the Scottrade Center from my window where they kept flashing a picture of The Eagles - Yay! So I was uber excited by the time I walked over there. I waded through the crowds to get my t-shirt and program and finally got to my seat. I was on Joe's side in row 33. I had an aisle seat so that was great for jumping up and dancing. I could see everything and although I did, at first, have this big guy in front of me :-( For some reason he suddenly switched seats with his wife (who was much shorter) :partytime:. I could see Brooke and her signs :thumbsup: Loved it when you threw the sign at Tim, Brooke :rofl:He looked a bit startled - lol. I also saw you on the headcam. As you said, the audience was in great spirits. I did think the Security people were a bit hyper. They caught one guy near me with his phone camera and another guy who lit up a cigarette and ordered another couple (who were dancing in the aisle) back to their seat and then a security guy sat in the middle of the aisle to stop people from rushing down to the stage :evil: but other than that everyone was great.

What blew me away (and I know everyone says they do this) but how perfectly they recreated the songs live. It sounded just like the CD. I had heard they do this but to hear it was AMAZING. Tim, of course, was wonderful :inlove:and Joe was a thrill to watch. Don and Glenn were amazing too - their voices are really fantastic. It's making me want to see them do solo shows now - yep, watch out all you Don and Glenn fans. I'm moving in :nod:. What else? Overall a wonderful night and well worth all the hoopla (and money:stunned:) it took to get there. I just had one sour note - someone stole my Program:evil: I had stashed it in the bag with my t-shirt and put it under my seat. When the concert ended I gather my stuff and the t-shirt is there but the Program is gone. I can only think the people behind me took it but they were already gone. How stupid is that - it's not like they were young kids. Everyone around me was in their 30's and up. So that was a pain but I couldn't stand to get in line again and get another one so I let it go. Apart from that though it was a FANTABULOUS, AMAZING, GREAT NIGHT. Can you tell I'm still more than a little buzzed about it :rofl:

TimothyBFan
09-22-2008, 10:15 AM
tbsf--glad to hear about your night--sounds great except that really p*ssed me off about your program:enraged: that just isn't right!! Some people have so little scrupples! Hope you can ride the "high" for awhile!!

ticky
09-22-2008, 10:18 AM
Awe TBSF, what a great time! sorry bout the lousey people behind you tho! What some cheap-os will do. I wish I could have been there!!
Thanks for posting your review! *G*

Prettymaid
09-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the reviewTBSF. Glad the show was everything you hoped for.

As for someone stealing your program, what nerve!!! Some people are just :censored: I guess when we're in a public place we have to strap our belongings to us to avoid being robbed! :enraged:

tbs fanatic
09-22-2008, 11:00 AM
I forgot to say - really loved it when Joe did 'Walk Away'. That was a real highlight for me. Joe was really in top form.:rockguitar:

Prettymaid
09-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Good TBSF , maybe you can get in on the last few rounds of Joe Survivor ( there's only six songs left ) and help me save Walk Away!

Molly
09-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Glad you had such a wonderful time, Brooke and tbsf! I had hoped we could get to the St. Louis show (hubby's family lives there), but with the Milwaukee show the next day, there was no way.

Brooke...front row!!! Well done. Good for you for taking a sign! That was the perfect opportunity.

The ILAA dinner was cancelled in Milwaukee because of lack of ticket sales. The people who had purchased the tickets were refunded $150.00. (Big deal) Apparently, Irving has concluded that people in Milwaukee pay $150.00 for their chicken and pasta meals. :eyebrow:

09-22-2008, 12:15 PM
tbsf - Glad to hear from you and that you (and Timothy) made it through the concert without incident. :wink: I'm so glad you had a great time, and it is cool that you and Brooke got to meet up! It's so much fun to meet other fans from the board!

Brooke
09-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Hey, tbsf! I'm so glad you made it home safely! It was really great to meet you! I'm so sorry about your program, the jerks! :enraged:

I know I'm still all shook up about the show. It was just so wonderful! Yes, all of their songs sounded amazing. But it was so much better live and from the front row! I know it was a night I'll never forget.

So, is everyone having this problem with cameras and security? They allowed them at the O2 this spring, so what gives?

Also, I looked high and low for those life size cutouts of the guys and they were not anywhere to be found! I wanted a pic with them, too. Did someone steal them? :eyebrow:

Ok, as I said, I didn't get to get many pics, and the ones I did get are not good, as I took them hurriedly trying to not get caught. Here is the best of the lot:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Eagles/IMG_0657.jpg

They looked soooooooo good and very happy and pleased with themselves! :heart:

ticky
09-22-2008, 01:54 PM
Thats a great picture Brooke *G* they all look so good!! down right yummy!

TimothyBFan
09-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Great pic Brooke!!! :)

sodascouts
09-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Great pic, Brooke!

TBSF - so glad you had a great time but how disgusting that someone would steal your program. At any rate, at least they didn't take the whole bag! thanks for sharing your review.

tbs fanatic
09-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Oh that's a fabulous pic Brooke :thumbsup:. I agree about Security - they seriously needed to take a chill pill :roll:

Freypower
09-22-2008, 08:36 PM
Fantastic reviews, both of you. Wonderful photo, Brooke. Look at Glenn's face!:dizzy: I love what you said about him hitting a long note during one song.

Brooke
09-22-2008, 10:07 PM
Oh, I know, Fp. Isn't he gorgeous? I've been looking over the set list and I'm pretty sure it was during TITTL. Do you remember at all, tbsf? It was a very wonderful moment for Glenn. :inlove:

And here's a pic of my poster before we went.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Eagles/IMG_0661.jpg

I was very nervous about doing it, but I folded them up and stuffed them in my purse so I didn't have to drag them around before the show. It made it even more fun, so people, get out your Magic Markers and get busy! They liked it!

Something else, I never saw anyone throw out any picks at all and Don didn't give away his drumsticks either. (I really thought I deserved something, since I had brought the poster!) Glenn did come over past my side on the right and seemed to have a bit of a conversation with someone close by while playing.

And all the new songs were fantastic to hear live. And there was a bit of an instrumental played before The Long Run that I didn't recognize. It was not I Dreamed There Was No War.

DonFan
09-23-2008, 07:52 AM
Great reviews, Brooke and tbsf! Brooke, I am so glad you got front row--you lucky dog! Some day I hope to be lucky enough to score front row seats. Sounds like it was a fabulous show!

Prettymaid
09-23-2008, 08:20 AM
Nice sign, Brooke. Just think, you touched it and then Timmy touched it!

Maybe we should start a new thread - What would your Eagles concert sign say? ( You know some people would be very creative)!

tbs fanatic
09-23-2008, 09:58 AM
Brooke - I meant to ask. It looked like Tim was talking to some people in the audience (on his side of the stage) at one point. What was that? I think he did it as they were going to intermission. Did you notice?

Brooke
09-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Yeah, I noticed that. I don't know what the deal was.

tbs fanatic
09-23-2008, 12:34 PM
I was wondering if it was some 'special guests' in the audience - family members or something?

glenneaglesfan
09-24-2008, 03:54 AM
Wow, Brooke and tbsf, it sounds as if it was an amazing night! Thanks so much for your reviews, and Brooke, that is a gorgeous pic of the boys! The signs idea is brilliant!:thumbsup:

tbsf, sorry about your programme. Shabby people.

09-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Brooke - the sign is really great (and apparently very effective). It was a very clever idea and I'm sure the guys appreciated it.

Mrs Henley
09-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Great reviews and pics! Oh and Brooke, I'm sure the Eagles loved your sign!!!

Brooke
09-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Another bit I have remembered of the show was that I noticed Tim was wearing a green bead necklace and I thought, I bet that is the one tf made for him. :thumbsup:

Or at least it resembled it, tf! I thought you would love hearing that! :nod:

Oh, and thanks for your comments on my sign. As you can tell, I'm not an artist! It's the thought that counts, right?!

Mrs Henley
09-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Another bit I have remembered of the show was that I noticed Tim was wearing a green bead necklace and I thought, I bet that is the one tf made for him. :thumbsup:

Oh, and thanks for your comments on my sign. As you can tell, I'm not an artist! It's the thought that counts, right?!

Awh, that would be great! :D

And indeed, the thought! And we know that you know that the Eagles know it! (Ok that was a long way xD)
But I have to say, you made it lovely!
I made my Don sign just at Photoshop (Glenn's sign we wrote outside the venue) Oh whatever, Don loved it!

tbs fanatic
09-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Oh Brooke's sign was GREAT and when Tim held it up everyone cheered. It was a great moment. I wonder where the sign is now? Maybe Tim is lovingly carrying it around with him :hug: You should of put your address and phone number on the back Brooke. Oh wait a minute, maybe you did, MAYBE that is why The Eagles keep playing shows in MISSOURI!!!!!!! HA! I am on to your tricks Mrs. Missouri :rofl:

Brooke
09-24-2008, 07:19 PM
:nahnah:

I can only wish I had done that tbsf! :brickwall:

glenneaglesfan
09-25-2008, 10:56 AM
Here's a review of the St Louis show, from someone with better taste than those Chicago guys. Pity they didn't mention your signs, Brooke!

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/entertainment/reviews.nsf/concert/story/ED1DC3A0D61E610E862574CB004673E6?OpenDocument

Eagles deliver strong effort to adoring crowd
By Terry Perkins
SPECIAL TO THE POST-DISPATCH

09/21/2008

For a band that followed up its huge success with a string of platinum-selling albums in the 1970s by breaking up in the early 1980s, the Eagles are doing just fine, thank you.

The band’s concert at Scottrade Center Saturday evening was packed with rabid, adoring fans of the group’s string of ‘70s hits – and the core group of Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Timothy B. Schmidt and Joe Walsh delivered those hits with unquestioned authority.

In the course of a three hour-plus, two set performance, the band played more than a dozen of their most memorable hits, with a nicely crafted balance of tunes from their early, country rock beginnings to the elaborately produced sound of later albums such as “Hotel California” and “The Long Run.”

Each set also kicked off with a healthy dose of tunes from the band’s latest double CD, “Long Road From Eden.” And on new songs such as “Too Busy Being Fabulous,” “Waiting In the Weeds” and “No More Cloudy Days,” the group proved it still possesses a knack for cranking out tunes that fit precisely into the Eagles formula – well-crafted lyrics built on soaring vocal harmonies and bolstered by a barrage of strummed guitars.

Henley, Frey, Schmidt – and for the most part, Walsh – certainly delivered those familiar, rich harmonies on “Hotel California,” “Lyin’ Eyes,” “I Can’t Tell You Why,” “Take It to the Limit,” “Desperado,” “Take It Easy” and other hits throughout the evening.

There were nods to the solo efforts of Henley and especially Walsh throughout the concert as well. Henley’s 1984 hit, “Boys of Summer,” was clearly a highlight of the first set. And Walsh had plenty of opportunity to showcase his guitar prowess on early James Gang and solo hits such “Funk 49” and “Life’s Been Good” – although the use of a “hat cam” to show shots of the crowd on the big screens that flanked the stage during that tune was a bit contrived.

The band had plenty of musical help cranking out its hits. The four Eagles were backed by 10 additional musicians, including three keyboard players, a four-piece horn section, two percussionists and especially guitarist Steuart Smith, who joined the Eagles on the front line and cranked out an unending stream of concise solos.

One jarring note. For a band that started out wearing faded jeans and flannel shirts, it was more than a little odd to see Henley, Frey, Schmidt and Walsh take the stage in black suits, white shirts and black ties. Maybe it’s a tribute to corporate bands –who are known to cover quite a few Eagles tunes. Or perhaps its an homage to the Eagles accountants, who will certainly be kept busy counting the proceeds from this current tour. Whatever the suits meant, it’s obvious that the Eagles still have plenty of meaning for the dedicated fans who relished every note of the band’s performance at Scottrade.

Brooke
09-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Oh, I know, gef! And no pics either! :rolleyes: But he probably did describe me right as
a "rabid, adoring fan!"

I posted that in the LROOE Press thread, but it's good to read again!

tbs fanatic
09-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Oh I hadn't caught that one. Nice.

timfan
10-03-2008, 08:13 PM

YEAH!! that is the necklace i made for him! Timothy is really wonderful to his fans. He has used for years the FTF guitar strap that the Feed the Fire message group had made for him and has now worn the necklace I made, for quite awhile too!

Mrs Henley
10-04-2008, 01:31 PM
YEAH!! that is the necklace i made for him! Timothy is really wonderful to his fans. He has used for years the FTF guitar strap that the Feed the Fire message group had made for him and has now worn the necklace I made, for quite awhile too!

I have to check out Timothy pics of Rotterdam!
You go tf!