PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Troubadour
09-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Hi everyone! My name's Louise, I'm 22, I'm from the south of England and, naturally, I love the Eagles to bits - especially Mr. Henley! :heart:

I've recently joined the community over at the Fast Lane, but I just found these boards last night (after months of scouring these sites for pictures, I apparently hadn't noticed the message board link until now... D'oh.)

Anyway, I've had great fun reading through lots of the threads and most importantly ogling the pics... I can't wait to get to know all of you!

EagleLady
09-25-2008, 07:01 PM
Hi Louise, Welcome aboard, I am fairly new myself.

ticky
09-25-2008, 07:21 PM
Hi Louise and welcome to The Border
Im a Joe girl but I love all the boys. Come on in and have fun! Soda has loaded the site with LOTS of goodies! and there's always something to do.
Good to have you here!

Mrs Henley
09-25-2008, 07:25 PM
Hello Louise and welcome to The Border from the other side of the pound (The Netherlands)!
I'm glad you joined us!
And a new Don fan is ALWAYS welcome!
As you can see I'm a Don fan too (you can't missing that I guess)
Anyway, have a lot of fun and we're feeling free to help you with the things you don't understand here on The Border! :D

Mrs Henley
09-25-2008, 07:25 PM
And I :heart: you ava!

Freypower
09-25-2008, 08:01 PM
Welcome, Louise. Great to have you here at The Border.

Troubadour
09-25-2008, 09:50 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome!

Mrs Henley, your avatar is gorgeous too. As is yours, EagleLady. Can't beat the 'fro :cool:

Mrs Henley
09-25-2008, 09:51 PM
All the Don fans ava here are great! :D
Hope you're feeling home here!

GlennLover
09-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Welcome Louise. I guess it's obvious that I love Glenn the most, but I love Don, Joe & Timothy as well! Hope you enjoy the border as much as I do!

DonFan
09-25-2008, 11:59 PM
Welcome, Louise! I am another devoted Don fan, and we are very glad you have found us here on The Border!

TimothyBFan
09-26-2008, 09:31 AM
Welcome Louise--always great to see new YOUNG fans join. I guess you have figured out who I favor in the band but LOVE all of them and have for many many years!!! Enjoy it here and join in often.

glenneaglesfan
09-26-2008, 10:06 AM
Hi Louise, and welcome to the Border, and Hooray, another Brit!! I live in south Devon, with a long-suffering husband and two sons nearly your age. As you may have gathered, my heart has gone to Mr Frey, but I love all the guys and their music. Did you get to see them in London in March?

Troubadour
09-26-2008, 10:24 AM
Thank you! It is lovely to find other Brits here. I'm from Hampshire, but I've also lived in Dorset for a long time (my grandparents are there), and I've just spent three years at uni in London. Devon is beautiful - we used to have a caravan down in Beer, so I have lots of happy childhood memories of that area.

I haven't seen The Eagles live yet. I am DYING to. I'm sure I would faint on the spot though! Did you get to see them when they were over here?

(Oh, and for the record, Glenn is a close second-favourite!) :wink:

Brooke
09-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Welcome to The Border, Troubadour! This is a wonderful Eagles loving place! Glad you found us!

I love all the guys, but Glenn and Don seem to make my heart beat the fastest! :heart: I've been a fan since the beginning, so that tells you I'm at least old enough to be your mother! Both of my kids are older than you, but they don't have the musical taste that you do!

Maybe you'll get a chance to see the guys next year, as this is supposed to be a world tour.

tbs fanatic
09-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Hi and welcome Louise. I'm sure you will enjoy it here. It's a lot of fun. I am quite a bit older than you and have only just seen The Eagles live for the first time last week :heart: Hopefully you will get to see them a lot sooner :nod:

Prettymaid
09-26-2008, 02:29 PM
Hello from me too, Louise! I've just been to my first Eagles concert two nights ago in Chicago and I am floating on air!

Looks like you are finding your way around here nicely. Have fun!

Littlemelly9
09-26-2008, 03:44 PM
I LOVE don too but my favorite is Randy.

and.......WELCOME!!!!!!!:rockon:

glenneaglesfan
09-27-2008, 02:05 PM
Thank you! It is lovely to find other Brits here. I'm from Hampshire, but I've also lived in Dorset for a long time (my grandparents are there), and I've just spent three years at uni in London. Devon is beautiful - we used to have a caravan down in Beer, so I have lots of happy childhood memories of that area.

I haven't seen The Eagles live yet. I am DYING to. I'm sure I would faint on the spot though! Did you get to see them when they were over here?

(Oh, and for the record, Glenn is a close second-favourite!) :wink:
You have good taste!:wink:

My sister lives in Bournemouth, and Beer has been a favourite place to meet up, so I also know it well. I was at uni in London too, but many years ago!

Yes, I did see the Eagles this year, and it was fantastic. I nearly didn't go, but was persuaded by the dedication of two Border members, Glennsallnighter from Dublin, and Mrs Frey from Capetown, who made much longer journeys. We all met up beforehand (not forgetting GA's little girl, Timtot), and it was a wonderful experience. I'd go again and again if hubby allowed! Fingers crossed that they will come over again.

Troubadour
09-27-2008, 02:43 PM
That's great you went to the concert in the end. I really hope they come over here again too. Fingers crossed!

Ha, Bournemouth is where I lived! (Well, just outside.) I'm going there on Tuesday actually to see my family. What did you study at uni? I studied English lit. - I just graduated this summer.