PDA

View Full Version : Your Favourite Quotes

Troubadour
09-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Apologies if this has been done before, but I thought it would be cool to share our personal favourite quotes, stories and snippets of information about the guys that seem to give us an insight into a particular part of their personalities or just give us a reason to love them even more. They can be from the mouths of the Eagles, or from outsiders. Anything spring to mind?

ticky
09-30-2008, 01:28 PM
I dont know who said it, or where it came from (maybe someone else does) but someone sent it to me in an email

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the
floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...
'Oh shit...she's awake!!'

Mrs Henley
09-30-2008, 01:44 PM
Hey, I didn't make a big deal out of Hotel California. The 18 million people that bought it did. - Glenn Frey

I'm always jotting things down on pieces of paper. I've got pieces of paper all over my house. - Don Henley

sodascouts
09-30-2008, 08:31 PM
OK, favorite Eagles quotes. I've got a couple:

"You get up in the morning, you go out there, you fight, you slug away, you deal with different obstacles we have in our life - but we have to extract joy from living every single day." (Glenn Frey - San Diego 1992)

"Except for a few guitar chords everything I've learned in my life that is of any value I've learned from women." (Glenn Frey - Interview Magazine 1986)

MikeA
10-01-2008, 07:46 AM
How Ya Dooooooin?

no byline necessary

Mrs Henley
10-01-2008, 07:54 AM
Who's saying that? :lol:
Hahah sorry, I'm a little bored :lol:

"Every place got his own walden woods" - Don Henley (Walden Woods Project)

TimothyBFan
10-01-2008, 08:40 AM
My favorite quote that comes to mind is a very recent one:

"How 'bout those Cubbies?"- Don Henley, Chicago 9-24-08:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mrs Henley
10-01-2008, 09:06 AM
Yeah! :)

Ive always been a dreamer
10-01-2008, 11:31 AM
One of my favorites is Timothy quoting Don in the HFO DVD - "Are you pukin'?

Mrs Henley
10-01-2008, 11:42 AM
One of my favorites is Timothy quoting Don in the HFO DVD - "Are you pukin'?

Oh yeh, that one is great!

Troubadour
10-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Great quotes everyone. I especially love the first Glenn one you posted, Soda.

And ticky, fab quote - I've written it down! :cool:

Maleah
10-01-2008, 09:16 PM
My favorite quote that comes to mind is a very recent one:

"How 'bout those Cubbies?"- Don Henley, Chicago 9-24-08:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

"Thank you and good night" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mrs Henley
10-02-2008, 04:00 AM
I remember one of Don at April 3rd!

"We sound like crap" :lol:

TimothyBFan
10-02-2008, 07:27 AM
"Thank you and good night" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah... the memories!!!!:hilarious:

Troubadour
10-02-2008, 01:08 PM
I remember one of Don at April 3rd!

"We sound like crap" :lol:

:lol: Aww! Any particular lead-up/context for this comment?

Mrs Henley
10-02-2008, 01:33 PM
:lol: Aww! Any particular lead-up/context for this comment?

Don was talking about how they will sound on the other side of the cellphone, and than he said "We sound like crap" and Glenn screamed: "Listen, I'm at the Eagles!" and Don yelled "Iiiiiieeeee" We started to laugh and Don and Glenn looked at me and Stephanie and they started to laugh :lol:

Troubadour
10-02-2008, 02:16 PM
LOL! Thanks for the background, Mrs Henley. How cute is that? :cool:

Mrs Henley
10-02-2008, 02:18 PM
;) It was a lot of fun and very cute :heart: Although that was the whole concert.

DonFan
10-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Don quotes are my specialty. Here's several:

Don on music:
"Music changed my life. Radio, the vehicle for that music, was my connection to the world that lay outside my small hometown. During those difficult, adolescent years, it was a friend in the dark; a messenger to a lover; a magic carpet; a ticket out."

Don at the Eagles induction to the R&R Hall of Fame:
"Accomplishment enriches life while fame always comes with a price."

Don on his children:
"Having children has made my passion for life even stronger. It refreshes life and helps you to see the world through new eyes."

Don on health:
"We joke about our good health in the Eagles. It is something of a feat to have a band from our era with no dead members, to be blunt, so I take some sort of perverse pride from that. I'm stubborn, and ornery, and I intend to outlive all my detractors. I actually intend to dance on their graves."

And a Glenn quote I love, about the release of LROOE:

"We need the records execs to say, 'It must be finished by September for a Christmas release.' We HAVE to have a deadline. We put the DEAD in deadline."

Mrs Henley
10-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Don on music:
"Music changed my life. Radio, the vehicle for that music, was my connection to the world that lay outside my small hometown. During those difficult, adolescent years, it was a friend in the dark; a messenger to a lover; a magic carpet; a ticket out."

I love this one!
Thanks DF!

Glennsallnighter
10-08-2008, 07:00 AM
A few of my favourite Glenn:heart: quotes

'I'm too busy livin' to think about dying'

'My songs grow on people........like warts'

And of course that famous 'Cheeseburger' comment

eaglesvet
10-08-2008, 09:49 AM
What was the cheeseburger comment? I'm not sure I know it..

thelongrun
10-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Whose Guitar is this?! :brickwall:

10-08-2008, 05:35 PM
evet - The "Cheeseburger" comment was a cute little dialog that Glenn did in the early '70's, either at a live show or an interview. He was overseas and was commenting about how Americans eat them with their hands and how messy they are. He said something like 'if you don't get messy, it ain't no fun - it's just like making love'.

Hmmm - I wonder if I could invite .... Oh nevermind!!!!! :wink: :twisted:

And OBTW tlr - I love "Whose guitar is this"!

Freypower
10-08-2008, 06:24 PM
The Hall of Fame Leadership Speech:

'A lot has been made tonight about disharmony. The Eagles were a very laid back band in a high stress situation. A lot has been made and a lot has been speculated about the last 27 yearsa about whether or not we get along. We got along fine! We just disagreed a lot! Tell me one worthwhile relationship that has not had peaks and valleys. That's really what we're talking about here. You cannot play music with people for very long if you don't genuinely like them. I guarantee you that over the nine years the Eagles were together during the 70s, over the three years we were together during our reunion, the best of times rank in the 95%, the worst of times rank in the smallest percentile that obviously everybody but the seven of us has dwelled on for the longest time. Get over it'!

It's a shame that one of his colleagues refused to take his words to heart.

Prettymaid
10-10-2008, 08:58 AM
"We never dreamed we'd even be alive at this point, so every day is an adventure." -- Joe Walsh, Salt Lake City Weekly

Brooke
10-10-2008, 10:13 AM
In some interview I read recently, and I don't know if was a current interview or an old one, Don said getting band members together was like herding cats! :lol: I loved that, being a cat lover!

Troubadour
10-10-2008, 07:06 PM
In some interview I read recently, and I don't know if was a current interview or an old one, Don said getting band members together was like herding cats! :lol:

It's quotes like this that make me love him just that little bit more.

Mrs Henley
10-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Joe said this at the concert Stephanie and I joined:

"This song played your parents when you where a baby and that's why you are so weird now."

Lifes Been Good
April 3rd, 2008

Scarlet Sun
10-12-2008, 02:46 PM
"People yell and say weird things while you're playing soft music"

- Randy on opening shows in the early days

DonFan
10-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Two quotes from Joe:

"All I want to do is go down as being a valid creative person for the generation I represent. Than's my job on the planet."

"Henley and Frey are really gifted guys. I love playing guitar when Henley is singing--it's a privilege. The guy's got an amazing voice."

Maleah
10-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Two quotes from Joe:

"All I want to do is go down as being a valid creative person for the generation I represent. Than's my job on the planet."

"Henley and Frey are really gifted guys. I love playing guitar when Henley is singing--it's a privilege. The guy's got an amazing voice."

I LOVE that one! It's nice to know that we're not the only ones who are in awe of his voice. It's nice to hear when the guys are so appreciative of each other's talents even after so many years.

eaglesvet
10-12-2008, 08:50 PM
evet - The "Cheeseburger" comment was a cute little dialog that Glenn did in the early '70's, either at a live show or an interview. He was overseas and was commenting about how Americans eat them with their hands and how messy they are. He said something like 'if you don't get messy, it ain't no fun - it's just like making love'.

Hmmm - I wonder if I could invite .... Oh nevermind!!!!! :wink: :twisted:

And OBTW tlr - I love "Whose guitar is this"!

Dreamer...Now I got it...very vivid description!:grin:

eaglesvet
10-12-2008, 09:00 PM
In some interview I read recently, and I don't know if was a current interview or an old one, Don said getting band members together was like herding cats! :lol: I loved that, being a cat lover!

That is tooooo funny---excellent visual!! :laugh: Sometimes, even just one cat can present a challenge...

DonFan
10-12-2008, 09:34 PM
Since we were talking about J.D. Souther's new CD and tour in another thread, here is a quote from J.D. about the guys:

"Glenn is a great natural country singer, and Henley brought that R&B sensibility to the table with him. Don could sing anything he wrapped his voice around. That insanely beautiful voice, like 400-grain sandpaper, rough but fine, was incredible to hear."

Troubadour
10-13-2008, 08:19 AM
Since we were talking about J.D. Souther's new CD and tour in another thread, here is a quote from J.D. about the guys:

"Glenn is a great natural country singer, and Henley brought that R&B sensibility to the table with him. Don could sing anything he wrapped his voice around. That insanely beautiful voice, like 400-grain sandpaper, rough but fine, was incredible to hear."

Sigh.

Brooke
10-13-2008, 10:08 AM

That is a beautiful description of Don's voice. Gives me shivers! :heart:

Prettymaid
10-13-2008, 11:31 AM
"I just live to play in front of people."

Joe Walsh, The Morning Call, Allentown, PA, August 14, 2007

10-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Dreamer...Now I got it...very vivid description!:grin:

No kidding - only a twenty-something hormone-raging rock star like hot little Glenn would liken eating a cheeseburger to having sex. :laugh:

And OBTW - I'm loving all these quotes! Here's my next contribution:

Question: Will the Eagles ever reunite?

Answer: "Never. They say, 'Never say never.' Well, you can print it. It will never happen."
(Glenn Frey - Oui 1982)

DonFan
10-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Answer: "Never. They say, 'Never say never.' Well, you can print it. It will never happen."
(Glenn Frey - Oui 1982)

I am SO glad he was wrong-wrong-wrong!

DonFan
10-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Here's a few quotes from the always outspoken Irving Azoff:

"Pay now, pay more later."
"I never met an asshole in the music business I didn't like."
"F**k with us and getting even isn't good enough." :twisted:

TimothyBFan
10-13-2008, 12:27 PM
Here's a few quotes from the always outspoken Irving Azoff:

"Pay now, pay more later."

Boy --didn't he mean that!!! I was just telling Nancy on the phone the other day, when we had tickets for Farewell I think we spent like $50.00 a piece for them. Now look at the price of admission to see them!

eaglesvet
10-13-2008, 02:25 PM
No kidding - only a twenty-something hormone-raging rock star like hot little Glenn would liken eating a cheeseburger to having sex. :laugh:

And OBTW - I'm loving all these quotes! Here's my next contribution:

(Glenn Frey - Oui 1982)

Ha! to both

Troubadour
11-07-2008, 06:13 PM
I was watching the 1990 Rockumentary with Don earlier, and this bit made me giggle:

Don: "Actually, Glenn and I are both very healthy, if you want to know the truth."
Interviewer: "But you're not as muscular as he is."
Don: "No... but... aerobically sound."

:lol: :heart: