PDA

View Full Version : Time Has Brought Us Here To Share These Moments

Freypower
01-06-2006, 01:53 AM
Those of us who have been lucky enough to see Glenn live would alll have their special memories of what it was like. One of my favourite moments was in Sydney on December 4 2004. Before TITTL he said 'it's a lot of fun for me to sing'. I nearly fell out of the seat because I love hearing him talk about his singing. It was nice. http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/glasses.gif Remember I was in the 2nd row that night which made it even better.

~~~

There's talk on the street, it sounds so familiar
Great expectations, everybody's watching you

sodascouts
01-06-2006, 02:16 AM
2nd row? Wow! It does sound like a great moment.

My favorite moment during a live concert (the only one I've attended) was also during Take It to the Limit. I went to Sacramento not expecting to attract Glenn's attention. I am a plain girl and I was sitting fourth row. However, during TITTL, which is my favorite song, I just went nuts. I was singing my heart out to it, waving my fist in the air, stomping. "PUT ME ON A HIGHWAY! SHOW ME A SIGN! And TAKE IT! to the LIMIT! ONE MORE TIME!" I was almost euphoric. And it was at that moment where I was most feeling it that I got some eye contact, which made it all the more special for me.

~
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/avatars/glennbanner.jpg

Freypower
01-06-2006, 07:52 PM
Hearing him talk about how he loves to play the James Gang songs makes me realise just how special it was to get that long stare from him during Funk #49 also on Dec 4. I sort of feel now that he realised that I knew how much he liked the song, or something like that.

~~~

sodascouts
01-07-2006, 04:41 PM
Any long stares are special! :: must contain jealousy :: lol.

~

Ive always been a dreamer
01-10-2006, 03:33 AM
Oh goodness - I started not even to post anything here mainly because most of you have already read about my heavenly experiences with "Glenn contact" in Oakland and Sacramento. Also, once I get started talking about it, I tend to go on and on and on. I just can't help myself. But sometimes talking about things is crucial to the healing process, so I decided to post in a continuing effort to restore my mental stability. http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/ohwell.gif

I'll try to keep this as short as possible (I even cheated and copied some of this off of my Eagleland posts), but really the main thing I think about now is that even though the "Glenn contact" was very similar at both concert, they were two totally experiences for me.

In Oakland, I thought I got eye contact 3 or 4 times from Glenn, but wasn't positive if it was just wishful thinking. But, then came the real deal - verified EYE CONTACT! Nothing that lead up to it was planned. First of all, I wore a bright sky blue shirt and whenever the stage lights came up, they were right on me, so I guess the shirt may have stood out. But the best stroke of luck was that there was a little 4 or 5 year-old girl sitting right next to me with her mom, which helped get his attention. Sometime late in the show Glenn acknowledged the little girl and was talking to her and making cute faces at her. During LITFL, was my major moment - Glenn was mouthing the words as usual and when he got to the line "she was too tired to fight about it" he stared directly at me through the whole line. I stared directly back, and then I pointed to myself and mouthed ME? at him - he looked back at me, pointed to his shirt, and mouthed "blue" indicating the color of my shirt. He made a quick face at me by squenching his nose and gave me a little grin.

Well once I returned home, I just was so blown away. I kept thinking, I've got to go back to see one more California show (never mind that it's over 3000 miles from my home). Karen was feeling CA calling her again as well after she had gone to the Bakersfield show. So, to make a long story short, we said "what they hell, let do it!" I told Karen that I had to wear the same little blue shirt again for good luck and sure enough, it performed it's magic again. However, unlike in Oakland, this time I was "plotting." I kept thinking to myself "how am I going to get Glenn's attention without making a complete fool of myself????" I finally did it sometime during Hotel California. I thought Glenn was getting close to looking my way, I made sure I was staring him down and making gestures (totally appropriate, of course) at him. I caught his eye during HC and made some gesture at him which he noticed and he looked at me and laughed and made some gesture back. I just can't remember the details. How pathetic is that!!! Then again, during Rocky Mountain Way, I caught his eye again. This time my mind is a little clearer, but only barely. I remember during the guitar solo, I was very animated when I was dancing - I kept sharply pointing both fingers at Glenn (as in "you are the one, Sugar"). He saw me, shook his head, and laughed at me again. He then pointed back at me and mouthed something. I'm not positive, but I think he said "You". - All I know is that he said something to me!!!

The interesting thing to me is in Oakland, I can remember every vivid detail down to the exact look on his face when he spoke and grinned at me. However, my memory in the Sac still remains very foggy - it's like it was almost surreal.

All I can say is if they announce a U. S. tour for the fall, I'll be there no matter where it is!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...

sodascouts
01-10-2006, 01:43 PM
I don't mind reading it again! I don't suppose you have another of those blue shirts I can borrow when they tour here again? ;)

~

Z
01-10-2006, 03:24 PM
I just plan on using body paint!

glenneaglesfan
01-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Just reading this has reinforced my resolve to wear a blue t-shirt to the concert in Dublin. I shall be 19 rows back so will probably have to do something spectacular (and embarassing) to attract attention - a large banner springs to mind!

~~~

This way to happiness...

Freypower
01-10-2006, 06:18 PM
I'm still wondering if he saw my 'freyfan' shirt which I saved for the last night.

I had another moment that night which consisted of his eyes meeting my eyes and it was like his eyes filled my head. It was only for a split second but it was quite magical.

~~~

01-11-2006, 01:36 AM
Well ladies - I certainly ain't no expert, but I think bright colored shirts may be attention getters if you don't have the "assets" to package nicely in a white tank top. I'm thinking it's all about the bright colors - any color that stands out will probably work. Soda - I'm afraid I only have one of the blue shirts, so right now my little good luck charm is being securely stored in a safe deposit box awaiting it's next concert. :twisted: (just kidding, of course). My plan is if I wear to enough shows and can keep getting Glenn to notice it, he may take pity on me because he'll think it's the only shirt I have. Hey, what can I say - desperate women must take desperate measures! http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/eyes.gif

So Karen - What color body paint are you thinking about? A nice shade of hot pink may work nicely. :lol:

And gf001 - I definately think the big banner thing will get you noticed once the brawl starts because of you blocking everybody's view. ;)

And FP - it's hard to explain the power of Glenn eye contact, isn't it?

~~~~~~

Molly
01-11-2006, 08:59 PM
I used to do a lot of sketching and drawing a million years ago. When I was 15, I drew a picture of one of the guys from Sha Na Na (Donnie) and took it with me when my friends and I went to their concert. We were sitting quite a few rows back, but we passed the picture forward and it managed to get to Donnie on the stage. He held it up next to his face and showed everyone in the audience. Never saw it again after that (I think he kept it up on the stage someplace).

Anyway, my friends and I screamed like a bunch of teenage girls. (Oh wait, we were teenage girls).

sodascouts
01-11-2006, 11:48 PM
Wow! Great story, Molly! I remember Shanana - weren't they on a TV show? Dad loved 'em.

~

Molly
01-12-2006, 08:04 PM
They had their own TV show for a while. It was quite cheesy.

They've been around forever, they even played the 1st Woodstock.

sodascouts
01-12-2006, 09:50 PM
They were at Woodstock? I never would have guessed that! Learn something new every day!

~

01-13-2006, 01:24 AM
Molly - I would've never guessed they played Woodstock either. But, I think it's very courageous of you to admit that you went to one of their concerts. Oh well - you were a teenager! ;)

~~~~~~

Molly
01-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Excuse, me, Missy Dreamer, but Donnie and Chico were hot!!!

01-14-2006, 02:54 AM
Sure Missy Molly - whatever! ;)

~~~~~~

PinkCoatGirl
04-08-2006, 01:46 AM
Just stumbled across this...I keep getting distracted in the Frey Fever section everytime I come over here... ;)

I wore a bright sky blue shirt

Note to self: Buy blue shirt and wear it even though blue, though my favorite color, looks awful on me. ;)

Actually, during both Eagles concerts, I was wearing long, flowy, glittery tanktops...I was joking at the time of the Toronto show that I probably fascinated Joe during "Life's Been Good" because I would've just looked like a big shiny object. ;) My first Don&Stevie show, I had a bright green top to wear, but discovered at the last minute that it, um...how you say...well okay, it showed an awful lot more cleavage than I'd intended, LOL, so had to default to just a plain white tanktop. (My personal feeling on the cleavage was "hey, if Don wants to look, Don can certainly look!", but my friend forbade me to wear it. ;) ) Bright colors definitely seem to be key!

Ah, Glenn eye contact... *sigh*

-----

~*She'll always be...the girl from yesterday...*~

My friend and I: "Nice coat Glenn!"

Joe Walsh, at next pause between songs: "Hey, nice coat, Glenn."

Glenn: "Thanks, thanks...yah, I picked this up at the..Liberace garage sale, glad you like it..." ;)

sodascouts
04-08-2006, 01:56 AM
A white tank top, you say? Hmmmm! lol

~
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/avatars/nancysigbanner.jpg

Freypower
04-08-2006, 02:03 AM
I wore Eagles related T shirts to my five shows. I have absolutely no memory of what I wore in 1988 when I first saw Glenn. It may have been a white shirt with jeans - the sort of outfit he always wore on the Long Run tour. In 1995 I wore my Beverly Hills Hotel T shirt.

sodascouts
04-08-2006, 10:28 AM
When I went to Sacramento, I wore a white Arab-looking long top over magenta pants. Nobody saw it, though!

~
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/avatars/nancysigbanner.jpg

glenneaglesfan
04-09-2006, 01:30 PM
I plan to wear the Strange Weather t-shirt I made. I am definitely not tank top material!

~~~

This way to happiness...

pengfree
09-14-2011, 04:02 AM
A moment I will never forget was at the Hell Freezes Over concert in Melbourne in 1994. Joe Walsh was singing 'Ordinary Average Guy' and he and Glenn were bantering back and forth during it. Joe already had a balloon animal hat on, and the banter between he and Glenn showed that they are obviously good friends. When Joe sang 'I've got a Chrysler' he changed the next line to 'Glenn's got a Dodge'! He also sang 'average ex-wives' instead of 'average wives'. I've always been a huge Glenn fan and this just made me love him all the more, because he and Joe were obviously having such a great time!

I really, really wanted to go to their Farewell Tour, but my husband and I just couldn't afford it, besides neither of us was physically capable of going to a concert. I was sooooo happy when they made the DVD of one of their Melbourne concerts, and I have just purchased that DVD today :) Looking forward to it arriving now!! :partytime:

EaglesKiwi
09-14-2011, 04:41 AM
A moment I will never forget was at the Hell Freezes Over concert in Melbourne in 1994. Joe Walsh was singing 'Ordinary Average Guy' and he and Glenn were bantering back and forth during it. Joe already had a balloon animal hat on, and the banter between he and Glenn showed that they are obviously good friends. When Joe sang 'I've got a Chrysler' he changed the next line to 'Glenn's got a Dodge'! He also sang 'average ex-wives' instead of 'average wives'. I've always been a huge Glenn fan and this just made me love him all the more, because he and Joe were obviously having such a great time!

I really, really wanted to go to their Farewell Tour, but my husband and I just couldn't afford it, besides neither of us was physically capable of going to a concert. I was sooooo happy when they made the DVD of one of their Melbourne concerts, and I have just purchased that DVD today :) Looking forward to it arriving now!! :partytime:
Glad you got to see them on the HFO tour in '94.

You are going to LOVE the Farewell 1 concert. :) We have a thread somewhere on that one to share your thoughts... pretty please?

Not sure if the link will work, but it's under the "Eagles" heading and is titled "Favorite moments from Farewell 1".
https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=684

Glennsallnighter
09-14-2011, 04:52 AM
Welcome PF! Thanks for resurrecting this thread. In over 4 and a half years on the Border I never knew it existed. But now that I do........

...... I just might have a few little memories to add myself!

I tend to wear Eagles t-shirts and jeans to the outdoor gigs, but I go a bit more 'dressy' for the indoor ones. With the exception of one gig in Fallsview where I wore my 'I got Frey'd' top with Jeans.

Brooke
09-14-2011, 10:09 AM
Welcome pf! Have fun watching the dvd. You are going to love it!

Ga, love your av with the sign! I have a pic very similar when I sent to the Columbia show a couple years ago only it said I love the Eagles! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
09-14-2011, 12:20 PM
2nd row? Wow! It does sound like a great moment.

My favorite moment during a live concert (the only one I've attended) was also during Take It to the Limit. I went to Sacramento not expecting to attract Glenn's attention. I am a plain girl and I was sitting fourth row. However, during TITTL, which is my favorite song, I just went nuts. I was singing my heart out to it, waving my fist in the air, stomping. "PUT ME ON A HIGHWAY! SHOW ME A SIGN! And TAKE IT! to the LIMIT! ONE MORE TIME!" I was almost euphoric. And it was at that moment where I was most feeling it that I got some eye contact, which made it all the more special for me.

Wow, you know this thread is old because when it was started, I had only seen one Eagles show! I've made up for a lot of lost time in the past five years, lol.

You know, it's funny - to this day, "Take It to the Limit" often seems to be a song when special things happen. Most recently, it was during this song on the first night in Niagara Falls when Glenn mouthed at us "I knew you'd be here!"

A bonus for me is that it's my favorite song of all time!

pengfree, thanks for sharing your story!

Glennsallnighter
09-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Thanks Brooke! That sign was my 'One Moment In Time'

Nancy! You sure have made up. And how nice of Glenn:heart:to acknowledge your presence during what he knows is your favourite Eagles song.

09-14-2011, 06:30 PM
Welcome pf and you are so lucky to have seen a HFO show. To this day, it is one of my deepest regrets that I didn't get to see one of these because I believe this was when the band was in its prime. However, I have sorta made up for it cause I have a few shows under my belt as well since 2003. And it is kinda funny about TITTL because Glenn also acknowledged me during the song at the Washington, D.C. show. Maybe he knows how much we like it. :wink:

Freypower
09-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Those of us who have been lucky enough to see Glenn live would alll have their special memories of what it was like. One of my favourite moments was in Sydney on December 4 2004. Before TITTL he said 'it's a lot of fun for me to sing'. I nearly fell out of the seat because I love hearing him talk about his singing. It was nice. http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/glasses.gif Remember I was in the 2nd row that night which made it even better.

~~~

I had completely forgotten about that.

Of course there were a couple of 'moments' last month which were worth remembering.