PDA

View Full Version : New member with 10th Row Floor ticket for sale (Worcester)

eaglesvet
10-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Hi everyone! I've been browsing your site since seeing our band's Newark, NJ show back in May; and was encouraged to sign on by sodascouts after I contacted her last weekend about the upcoming PA shows. It seems you all are a rather addicted bunch; and I can say that since that LROOE concert, I have become re-addicted! From what I can tell by reading your various posts, some of you were not even born at the time I first became an Eagles fan! One of These Nights was one of the first couple of albums I ever bought, when it was released back in 8th grade. I followed their music faithfully throughout the years, but didn't get a chance to see them live until HFO--which was great, as you know. After that, however, as adult responsibilities of babies becoming children becoming preteens ensued in my life--never mind continuing my career as a veterinarian (hence, "eaglesvet"...I wish!)--I kind of listened less and less, especially as they had dropped out of the popular music scene. But now they are back with a vengeance, and so am I! I must admit I have always had a significant soft spot for Glenn:heart:, with Don being next in line. I've never seen any of them solo; that would be a good goal to have.

Anyway, right before the Eagles announced the PA shows, I managed to score a 10th row floor seat, on the left (ie, Glenn's side) in Worcester, MA on Thanksgiving Eve (Nov. 26). Then they open up the Hershey and Philly shows, which for me is only a 1 1/2 - 2 hr drive, as opposed to a 4 hr one to MA. Now, I have read that more than a few of you have driven many more hours than that to see a show...but if given a choice, I'd rather drive less. Especially since for the Worcester show I have two kids coming home from school on a half-day and would have to still arrange child care in order for me to make my Eagle get-away, while the Hershey show is on a Sunday and I can leave the boys with hubby. Exponentially easier any way you look at it.

So, if any of you are interested in the Worcester seat, or know someone in MA, CT, or surrounding states who would be...please let me know ASAP, preferably by 10/5 . (The ticket on-sale date for PA shows is 10/6.)

BTW, I am not as computer-savvy as the rest of you. I happily got myself dizzy looking at GOF last night trying to decide on a photo for an avatar, and then finally had to call it a night. I may need help to actually figure out how to upload/download it, and I may have to resort to asking my 9-yr old! (I'd be too embarrassed to ask my hubby or my 12-yr old son...) Never mind the decisions on the photos/icons for the signature--that could take me awhile! And, at the risk of embarrassing myself here, I have been able to figure out most of the abbreviations used by you all except: *G* Are you able to tell me this, or is it obscene?

ticky
10-01-2008, 11:53 AM
lol Sorry *G* is my own invention and I just got tired or typing *grin* cuz I grin a lot! (some people have to ask me what I've been up to! probably no good *G*)
Welcome and come on in and have fun!
I'll help you with whatever I can and Im sure everyone here will too :)

Brooke
10-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Welcome evet! Glad you finally decided to post. This is a fun place! :)

Even though I'd love to buy your ticket, it's waaaaay to far for me, so good luck with that. Cool that you will get to go to another show. They are wonderful!

sodascouts
10-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Welcome EV, good to have you! Good luck selling your ticket. If worse comes to worst, you'll still get to sit in a really good seat! (I was 10th row center aisle in Chicago, and it was such a thrill!)

eaglesvet
10-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Don't worry...I'll be making that ride if I can't sell the ticket! Someone has got to feel the spray of Glenn's sweat and spit!

Soda, I forgot to mention that 2 nights ago, I was cracking up reading your narratives on 2007 & 2008 Pebble Beach escapades (especially the screwdriver incident), and in awe of your dramatic Niagara Falls dedication. I had to track down those threads once you mentioned them to me in the emails...I couldn't stop reading! Wish I was there, but at least you made it seem like I was!

sodascouts
10-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Yes, we went into EXCRUCIATING detail on those suckers! Now you know why I was pretty succinct in answering your questions about whether I've met any of the guys and what it was like - if I get going on that topic, that e-mail would go on forever (or at least seem like it does, lol).

Mrs Henley
10-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Welcome Eaglesvet! :)
I'd love to buy your ticket, but it's also a little too far away for me!

Anyway, I hope you have a lot of fun here! =] ^^

TimothyBFan
10-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Welcome evet!!! Glad you found us. Don't worry about the avatar and signature things--if I was able to do it-you certainly will be able to also. I am an "oldy" and computer stupid so it takes me awhile to figure stuff out but it didn't take me to long using the directions here. Just ask if you need help-someone will lead you thru it.

I gotta tell you that I related to your post--I also am a long time fan (34 years for me) and for awhile lost touch with them do to motherhood (my children are now 18 and 16), career, etc... and discovered them again around HFO and so glad I did and finally was lead to this board, which I am now almost obsessive with!:)

Enjoy yourself here!!!:thumbsup:

Ive always been a dreamer
10-01-2008, 04:56 PM
Hi evet and welcome. We are glad you found us and hope you enjoy yourself here. I am also one of those who has been a fan since the beginning of the band. I am also one of those who has a significant soft spot for Glenn. I am also one of those who has traveled quite a bit to see the guys in recent years. I am also one of those fans that you mentioned that may be a little addicted (actually I prefer to call it devoted :wink:). I never got a chance to see the band live until 2003, so I am making up for lost time - that's all.

It's good to have a vet on The Border. We already have a doctor here to help us try to maintain a healthly addiction. It's nice to know that we have a pet advisor as well. :D

Hope you join right in and enjoy our obsessions with us! We're a nice bunch, so please don't be shy about asking for help.

Now about your ticket. There is a possibility that I may be interested. I have an aunt and some cousins in Milford, MA. so I was thinking about paying them a Thanksgiving visit and going to the show. Nothing is definite yet, but I'll PM you soon.

Troubadour
10-01-2008, 06:34 PM
Welcome! I'm quite new too, but thoroughly addicted already :wink: It was great to read your post - I hope you have fun here.

As for the ticket... It's at times like these I wish I wasn't in the UK!

Freypower
10-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Welcome EV! I've had a soft spot for Glenn for... 29 years today!

glenneaglesfan
10-02-2008, 06:14 AM
Welcome to the Border, Eaglesvat, from a fellow Glenn fan from England! I'd love to see the guys again, but sadly am on the wrong side of the Atlantic. I hope you can hang around here and have some fun!

Fp, congratulations on your 29th anniversary!!

Prettymaid
10-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Welcome Evet, how ya doin"?

Hey, I was wondering if you would take a look at the picture of my cat over in petmania. He's had the sniffles lately and I thought maybe you could diagnose him...

Sorry, just being silly! :hilarious:

eaglesvet
10-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Welcome Evet, how ya doin"?

Hey, I was wondering if you would take a look at the picture of my cat over in petmania. He's had the sniffles lately and I thought maybe you could diagnose him...

Sorry, just being silly! :hilarious:

I actually am just finishing up work now...I guess it depends just which horizon your kitty is out on!

Prettymaid
10-03-2008, 08:05 AM
I actually am just finishing up work now...I guess it depends just which horizon your kitty is out on!

:laugh:

Glennsallnighter
10-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Hi EV, welcome from me too. I'm from Ireland and I ALSO have more than just a 'soft spot' for Glenn:heart:. Seriously I would LOVE to relieve you of those tickets, but I think I'm just a teensy bit too far away. Like you one of my goals is to see Glenn :heart: do a live show. Now that WOULD be worth coming to the States for!!:thumbsup:

eaglesvet
10-04-2008, 07:33 PM
HI GAN,
My hubby's sister from NJ married an Irishman (but I don't know from exactly where). She had been teaching theatre at Trinity in Dublin for the past 2 yrs. They just moved back to Jersey the beginning of June, because they are expecting their first baby this fall. Nice to here from you!

eaglesvet
10-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Hi all! There must be something about our boys and us Border fan(atics) / devotees that made it impossible for me to restrain my index finger from hitting the "Submit" button this morning...even though I knew I shouldn't be $400+ in the hole for floor seats in one November week! But as I "checked Hershey just for fun," and the rows went from 10 to 17 but then to 7 ! :grin:, I couldn't stop myself! So now I am the proud owner of a 7th row seat on Glenn's :heart: side, but closer to the center. Not to mention on a more convenient night and location--What more could I ask:?:

Oh yes, a renewed effort to notify EVERYONE that if you or anyone you might be remotely associated with will be in the neighborhood of MA/CT on Thanksgiving Eve, I do have a 10th row floor ticket for sale. Please let me know if you hear of anyone!

TimothyBFan
10-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Congrats-- I'm very happy for you. Take lots of pictures (please include a few of the gentleman on the end, a little to Glenn's right:)) Have a great time!!

eaglesvet
10-06-2008, 12:41 PM
I'll take whatever photos I can get away with...I hope they are lenient there.

Ive always been a dreamer
10-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Wow evet - That is very cool. Aside from the money, the fact that you have very good tickets to two different Eagles shows is a very good problem to have. :wink:

eaglesvet
10-06-2008, 01:25 PM
:laugh:

True, things could be a lot worse!!

Glennsallnighter
10-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Wow evet - That is very cool. Aside from the money, the fact that you have very good tickets to two different Eagles shows is a very good problem to have. :wink:

Yes! I would love to have that problem as well!!

glenneaglesfan
10-08-2008, 03:37 AM
Congratulations on a great ticket, evet. I am a little envious, but we shall all enjoy reading your review!