PDA

View Full Version : Listening to Glenn is good for your health!

glenneaglesfan
10-02-2008, 05:56 PM
The BBC had an article about fitness, and it seems The Heat Is On could increase your cardiovascular performance by 15%!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7646370.stm

EagleLady
10-02-2008, 05:59 PM
I think Just looking at Glenn, could improve your heart rate :smitten:

Prettymaid
10-02-2008, 06:14 PM
I think Just looking at Glenn, could improve your heart rate :smitten:

Either that or stop it. :fainting:

EagleLady
10-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Either that or stop it. :fainting:

Oh Yes :inlove:

Mrs Henley
10-03-2008, 11:56 AM
The BBC had an article about fitness, and it seems The Heat Is On could increase your cardiovascular performance by 15%!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7646370.stm

that's pretty intresting gef! thanks for sharing! :)

Ive always been a dreamer
10-03-2008, 12:42 PM
Yeah - that is interesting, gef. I always knew Glenn did funny things to my :heart: but I wasn't sure how healthy it was! :wink:

Now, if Glenn really wants to improve our healthy hearts, perhaps he could schedule some personal appearances at some of these gyms. :wink: :nod:

Mrs Henley
10-03-2008, 01:12 PM
I like that idea Dreamer! :angel:

EagleLady
10-03-2008, 01:19 PM
I'd love to work out with Sugar, I'd just be staring at his butt the whole time :twisted:

Mrs Henley
10-03-2008, 01:25 PM
I'd love to work out with Sugar, I'd just be staring at his butt the whole time :twisted:

You dirty girl! :lol:

EagleLady
10-03-2008, 01:26 PM
:lol: What can I say? I'm a butt girl

Glennsallnighter
10-04-2008, 08:28 PM
I've often used THIO when working out!! Now all I need is for Glenn :heart: to be my personal trainer! In the interests of refining my routine you understand :wink:

EagleLady
10-04-2008, 08:29 PM
I need Glenn to personally train me if you know what I mean :twisted:

Glennsallnighter
10-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Oh EL, believe me, I do!!

EagleLady
10-04-2008, 08:57 PM
That hair of his is sooooo gorgeous, I'd love to run my fingers through it, and those deep blue eyes :fainting:

Mrs Henley
10-05-2008, 09:58 AM
I think we have to write Glenn a lot of letters that he need to give us a workout session :angel:

EagleLady
10-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Good Idea :thumbsup:

Mrs Henley
10-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Thanks!

"Dear Glenn,
Would you give us (The Border members) a personal workout day?
Lots of love,
All the Border members"

:lol:

EagleLady
10-05-2008, 03:00 PM

Glennsallnighter
10-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Thanks!

"Dear Glenn,
Would you give us (The Border members) a personal workout day?
Lots of love,
All the Border members"

Each one after the other please, as you can tailor the action to suit our desires :wink:

EagleLady
10-05-2008, 05:48 PM
and please teach me how to golf! :lol:

Troubadour
10-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Aha, finally an excuse! Not that we needed one.

This revelation, coupled with the article about drummers being fitter than professional footballers (which threw up some innocent musings about Don's stamina), totally persuades me that the guys are THE perfect gym companions.

I'll sign up for the golf lessons too, EL! :wink:

EagleLady
10-05-2008, 08:23 PM
:) Oh Yes, I'll probably pay more attention to Glenn's butt though :lol:

Mrs Henley
10-06-2008, 06:22 AM
Hahaha, no but it would be really cool if the guys will do that someday! :D

EagleLady
10-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Agreed :)

Freypower
10-06-2008, 06:52 PM
I'm not sure if listening to Glenn is good for my health, but I have 104 tracks by him on my iPod, and I played every one of them (shuffled) for my 29th anniversary week. It was a lot of fun. The most important thing for me is the sound of his voice on each song. Listening to the little nuances and so on is good. I will have another more structured playlist for his 60th birthday next month but it will concentrate on Eagles songs.

Glennsallnighter
10-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Well I can imagine that listening to 104 tracks by Glenn :heart: would induce a euphoric state which would DEFINITELY be good for one's health!!

Brooke
10-06-2008, 08:20 PM
What a great day that must have been for you, Fp! Sounds like a lot of fun! :thumbsup:

Freypower
10-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Well yes, but I should point out that it took a week. Even I couldn't sustain that sort of marathon in one day.

EagleLady
10-06-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm loving the avatar FP, He looks adorable

glenneaglesfan
10-08-2008, 03:46 AM
Well yes, but I should point out that it took a week. Even I couldn't sustain that sort of marathon in one day.

I had to drive to Bristol and back some time ago (alone, I hasten to add), and put Glenn's studio albums, Live and Solo Collection in the cd changer - that was a 78 track marathon!

Glennsallnighter
10-08-2008, 06:32 AM
I'm sure the miles just melted under your wheels GEF! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm sure you were totally relaxed and in a great humour on your return! Whenever I travel I have Glenn :heart: or the Eagles on. My motto is
'If you wanna drive with me, you gotta listen to my music'

The only exception to that was last week when my mother suggested NFA was NOT appropriate for the drive from the church to the cemetery during a funeral. I have to admit I agreed.

Brooke
10-08-2008, 09:38 AM
:hilarious: I would have to agree Ga!

Ive always been a dreamer
10-08-2008, 04:16 PM
The only exception to that was last week when my mother suggested NFA was NOT appropriate for the drive from the church to the cemetery during a funeral. I have to admit I agreed.

:oops:

(Are y'all sure?)

Mrs Henley
10-09-2008, 03:47 AM
I would also agree with that GA

Freypower
10-09-2008, 05:41 PM
So which of Glenn's songs give you that sense of well being and 'gee, isn't it great to be alive'?

For me it's the majority of them, but some are:

POMPOY (of course).
River Of Dreams
The live version of My Girl
I Hear You Knockin'
Ain't It Love
I Found Somebody
I've Been Born Again
Livin' Right
This Way To Happiness
Common Ground
Call On Me
Flip City (even if the theme of Flip City is dark, the music is exhilarating and it just sweeps you away).

These are not my top 10 or anything like that. They are just songs that make me feel good.

EagleLady
10-09-2008, 06:03 PM
:lol: I think just looking at Glenn is good for your health

Glennsallnighter
10-09-2008, 06:12 PM
I tend to agree with you EL!! But I suppose the 'Feel Good' songs for me would include

1. POMPOY
2. Partytown (Dublin Live Version!!)
3. The Heat is On!
4. You Belong to the City
5. I Got Love
6. River of Dreams
7. This Way To Happiness
8. The Allnighter
9. Brave New World.
10 True Love
11. Smugglers Blues

Again as FP says these are not a top 11 nor are they in any order. they do not include Eagles songs where Glenn :heart: takes lead. and of course, catch me in a different mood to now and you could get an entirely different list.

Funny, I was just saying to MF earlier that picking a favourite Glenn :heart: song is like picking a favourite child!!

Freypower
10-09-2008, 06:31 PM
That is interesting that you choose Brave New World, GA. Though the music is uplifting it is about a pretty serious subject lightened only by the chorus.

EagleLady
10-09-2008, 06:33 PM
FP Your avatar is HSG, It's like Glenn's looking at me :smitten:

Glennsallnighter
10-09-2008, 06:41 PM
That is interesting that you choose Brave New World, GA. Though the music is uplifting it is about a pretty serious subject lightened only by the chorus.

But the guitar chords are very manageable FP :wink: and I love the harmonies. Glenn :heart: wrote it while reading 'The Stand' by Stephen King. I read it 20 years ago and it was one of those books that sticks in your mind.

And there is that line 'Remember you will always be my girl' :wink:

sodascouts
10-09-2008, 08:08 PM
My top 10 "feel-good" Glenn solo songs:

1. Part of Me, Part of You
2. River of Dreams
3. Ain't It Love
4. This Way to Happiness
5. The Heat Is On
6. That Girl
7. True Love
8. I Got Love
9. My Girl (Live) - stole that from FP!
10. Sea Cruise

That Girl isn't unambiguously positive - but it always makes me sigh happily! I'd include Smuggler's Blues but I figure any song with a line like "the blood began to spill" shouldn't be in the "make you glad to be alive" list. lol

glenneaglesfan
10-10-2008, 11:18 AM
My top ten feelgood Glenn tracks, in no special order:

POMPOY
True Love
This Way To Happiness
Livin' Right
The Heat Is On
Soul Searchin'
Sea Cruise
That Girl (borrowed your idea, Soda!)
Ain't It Love
River Of Dreams
oh, and Wild Mountain Thyme - I knew it would be hard to limit it to ten!

All of these really lift me. Glenn's music fills so many different emotions. Yesterday I had an upsetting day, and listening to It's Your Life nearly brought me to tears as I was driving home.

Freypower
10-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Wild Mountain Thyme fills me with awe rather than making me feel good. It can make me cry too. It's just one of those 'we're not worthy' songs.

As for True Love much as I love it it again is more 'awestruck' than 'feel good'.

I would like to say that Sea Cruise is a feel good song but.... it is so slight. I know he was trying to lighten up on that album but the song really threw me because it was the last thing I was expecting, and I never really got over that feeling (even if I now know the Eagles played it).

glenneaglesfan
10-12-2008, 06:16 PM
I was thinking about the songs that fill me with emotion rather than simply 'feel good' today. I still rate True Love as one of the best feel good songs ever - who could fail to be lifted in spirits listening to that? I took a few listens to warm to Sea Cruise, but now I love Glenn's version, and again for me it's a pure delight.

My top ten emotional Glenn solo songs:

It's Your Life
I Did It For Your Love
Working Man (slow version)
All Those Lies
That Girl (merits two lists)
Let's Go Home
Brave New World
I've Got Mine
I Volunteer
Lover's Moon

These are just my choice for now.:smile:

sodascouts
10-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Interesting idea, GEF. Right now, my 10 most "emotional" Glenn songs are:

That Girl
Part of Me, Part of You
River of Dreams
I Volunteer
The One You Love
Lover's Moon
I Did It for Your Love
It's Your Life
Working Man (slow)
After Hours

Freypower
10-12-2008, 07:13 PM
POMPOY
A Walk In The Dark
Let's Go Home
I Did It For Your Love
That Girl
Soul Searchin'
The One You Love
After Hours
Lover's Moon
Wild Mountain Thyme

Desperado is an Eagles song, but his version of it is one of the more emotional experiences that I can think of.

I STILL didn't include True Love. The song seems unique to me. I don't know where I would classify it. How I would love to see it performed.

I could do 'themes' like this all day!

Brooke
10-20-2008, 09:54 PM
Sorry I'm a little slow with this and I'll probably be just as slow with Part 2-Emotional Songs. My favorite Glenn feel good songs are, in no particular order:

1. Part of Me, Part of You (oops-this is #1!)
2. River of Dreams
3. Partytown
4. Sea Cruise
5. I Found Somebody
6. True Love
7. The Heat is On
8. Call On Me
9. This Way To Happiness
10. I Got Love

All of them just lift my spirits when they are playing. :smile: