PDA

View Full Version : True or False - Did Joe have a stroke?

EagleLady
10-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Can someone please tell me whether it's true or not that Joe had a stroke and that's why he talks the way he does, not that I mind. This is something I heard off of youtube.

MikeA
10-03-2008, 11:34 PM
Can someone please tell me whether it's true or not that Joe had a stroke and that's why he talks the way he does, not that I mind. This is something I heard off of youtube.

First off EagleLady, it is not you toward whom I have my ire up over this. Please understand that. Whether true or not, I AM upset with whomever it was who stated or implied something like that. Since it is something that I, who have read everything I could get my hands on about Joe and listened to every interview I could get my hands on for a period covering almost 40 years, have never heard mention of, I have to presume that if it is true it is something that Joe must have prefered to keep private for whatever reason. If not true, then it is a pretty cruel thing to plaster on the Internet.

Having a stroke is not something that has derogatory connotation associated with it (at least in my mind anyway).

Obviously Joe's ability to play a guitar and sing and compose has not been impacted. I never gave much thought to the way Joe speaks. Shoot, I'm from Arkansas originally and have never lost my hillbilly twang. Joe speaks a HELL of a lot better than I do!

But I do know that Joe has a "character" he slips into that has resulted in him being declared the "Clown Prince of Rock". That manner of speech you sometimes hear when he slips into that character is not the same as his manner of speech when in private conversations. To this I can attest based on conversion with Joe during the M&G in Chicago several years ago. Joe very much has a stage persona that is not Joe the ordinary average guy!

More on the "Clown" routine: When Joe is asked stupid questions during interviews or questions that he thinks exceed the boundaries of what he is willing to reveal of his personal life, or when he is very uncomfortable with a question, he slides into that "Clown Mode" to divert the question and in that mode, he comes across as pretty naive bordering on simpletondom (hows that for a word? <LOL>!) Believe me, Joe is anything but a Simpleton. I wonder if that is what the YouTube clip was referring to?

On the other hand, Joe keeps his personal life very private and if he did have a stroke, might consider that something that is not pertinent to reveal to his public unless it in some way could benefit someone.

He has certainly not been secretive about his recovery from addiction and that would have been something that I would think would have been more likely a condition to attempt to "keep secret" than having had a stroke.

Again, I restate that I do not know whether or not he has suffered such an affliction but have myself never heard anything about it.

I'm tempted to ask the URL to the YouTube clip and refer it to Smokey or Becca for them to take whatever action they might deem appropriate (i.e. pass it on to Joe or Irving). If untrue, well, then all I can say is that it was done in very bad taste and could be intended to do the subject of the clip no good. If true, then I'd say it was a violation of his privacy.

EagleLady
10-03-2008, 11:44 PM
Ok. Thank you.

ticky
10-03-2008, 11:47 PM
I dont think I've ever heard that either and as far as I can tell, he sounds and talks pretty much the same as he always has *G* he's got a pretty high voice anyway, and a serious midwest accent. He's really smart, but the way he talks is pretty deceptive. Listen to that podcast Soda posted under JOE'S ENGAGED! and you'll see its really not as pronounced as it seems.

EagleLady
10-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Thanks you guys.

ticky
10-04-2008, 12:00 AM
:) yr welcome

EagleLady
10-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Wow, Joe was born in Tornado Alley

MikeA
10-04-2008, 12:21 AM
Wow, Joe was born in Tornado Alley

Yep, right here in Wichita <smile>. But though he was born here and still has relatives living here (along with his grandmother's house which he has donated to a foundation that gives assistance to women in need) his mother and father moved (taking Joe with them <LOL>) when Joe was very young.

Can't remember where they moved to right off hand. I think it might have been New Jersey and then to New York. Don't quote me on that. Like I've said elsewhere, I'm an old Fart and memory ain't what it once was!

EagleLady
10-04-2008, 12:32 AM
Yep, right here in Wichita <smile>. But though he was born here and still has relatives living here (along with his grandmother's house which he has donated to a foundation that gives assistance to women in need) his mother and father moved (taking Joe with them <LOL>) when Joe was very young.

Can't remember where they moved to right off hand. I think it might have been New Jersey and then to New York. Don't quote me on that. Like I've said elsewhere, I'm an old Fart and memory ain't what it once was!

Hey, that's ok. You don't need no rocking chair yet

MikeA
10-04-2008, 12:46 AM
You got me thinking EagleLady, and I seemed to remember a quite humorous document that I came up with at some point in time. I scrounged around and found it and will type it up and place it in the Memorabilia thread. It is entitled "Media Information, Joe Walsh". It is authentic (whatever that means when it comes to Joe Walsh!)

ticky
10-04-2008, 12:56 AM
Hey, that's ok. You don't need no rocking chair yet

maybe a ROCKIN' chair?? bwhahahahahaha

EagleLady
10-04-2008, 09:38 AM
:lol:

JoeFan
10-04-2008, 12:45 PM
I have never heard that rumor. Link to the YouTube video, EagleLady. I want to see it for myself.

Mrs Henley
10-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Never heard of that too!

EagleLady
10-04-2008, 01:47 PM
I have never heard that rumor. Link to the YouTube video, EagleLady. I want to see it for myself.
http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments&v=CWQ5tujZ54M&fromurl=/watch%3Fv%3DCWQ5tujZ54M

This is from a video with Joe talking about Carvin.

Mrs Henley
10-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Uhm..I didn't hear anything of those things.. or it's just me.

EagleLady
10-04-2008, 01:58 PM
It's on the comments section on the second page, Someone said They thought Joe had a stroke or something.

Mrs Henley
10-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Ok, thanks for that!

EagleLady
10-04-2008, 02:01 PM
No Problem.

Ive always been a dreamer
10-04-2008, 02:28 PM
I looked through the comments twice, but I still can't find the one you are referring too, EL. I guess my eyes are having a bad day. But anyway, I have also never heard anything like that. Maybe it was a casual remark made by someone who doesn't have anything to back it up. As far as the way Joe talks - it just the way he talks.

EagleLady
10-04-2008, 02:29 PM
I agree. I love the way Joe talks.

Mrs Henley
10-04-2008, 02:31 PM
this is that piece Dreamer:

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/mrshenley08/Afbeelding1.png

Sorry my youtube is in Dutch :lol:

EagleLady
10-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Yeah, that's it

Ive always been a dreamer
10-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Thanks MH and EL - After scanning the comments twice, I just gave up. Like I said, sometimes my eyes don't act right. :wink:

Mrs Henley
10-04-2008, 02:34 PM
No thanks! ;)

I had to search also 3 or 4 times, so you're not the only one!

EagleLady
10-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Your welcome.

JoeFan
10-04-2008, 04:46 PM
That's disgusting, but most people don't bother to read through all of those, so I don't see it getting spread. So I wouldn't post about it on a message board. Don't believe everything you read EagleLady, use some judgement. It's obvious Joe has not had a stroke, who would believe such a load of bollocks.

EagleLady
10-04-2008, 04:58 PM
That's disgusting, but most people don't bother to read through all of those, so I don't see it getting spread. So I wouldn't post about it on a message board. Don't believe everything you read EagleLady, use some judgement. It's obvious Joe has not had a stroke, who would believe such a load of bollocks.

I agree 100 percent. It was completely uncalled for, but like you said it probably won't get spread. Some people crave attention I guess.

MikeA
10-04-2008, 09:56 PM
this is that piece Dreamer:

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/mrshenley08/Afbeelding1.png

Sorry my youtube is in Dutch :lol:

I'm trying to get an email confirmation of my email address so I can reply to that. I did receive that confirmation and posted my reply in the comments to Mr. mickey6688's message.

I probably am overreacting, but this offended me and I can only imagine how it might offend Joe. But knowing Joe, he would blow it off.

This Mickey6688 stated his comment badly. There is no indication there that he has anything to substantiate the statement. "I thought" is just someone saying something about someone and saying it in very bad taste.

My reply to his comment was to that effect though no one will probably see it.

Mrs Henley
10-05-2008, 12:10 PM
I'm trying to get an email confirmation of my email address so I can reply to that. I did receive that confirmation and posted my reply in the comments to Mr. mickey6688's message.

I probably am overreacting, but this offended me and I can only imagine how it might offend Joe. But knowing Joe, he would blow it off.

You're not Mike! ;) It's idiot that you're saying you thought that someone had a stroke... and specially if you don't know it for sure! Anyway, that's my though of it.

EagleLady
10-05-2008, 12:31 PM
It extremely offended me as well. I mean, Joe has always talked like that and he's not called the clown prince of rock for nothing.

Mrs Henley
10-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Oh, let the other people think about Joe whatever they want. We know the real Joe! :D

EagleLady
10-06-2008, 09:17 AM
:) I agree

MikeA
10-06-2008, 09:31 AM
:) I agree

You guys are undoubtedly right. I'll say nothing else even if our friend Mr. Mickey8866 or whatever posts a response. But it ain't gonna be easy!

EagleLady
10-06-2008, 09:33 AM
I know. That pissed me off too.

Mrs Henley
10-06-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm wondering what his response will be.

MikeA
10-06-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm wondering what his response will be.

I doubt that he ever sees the response. He made his entry two months ago and I haven't seen any other responses from him on that particular Video on YouTube.

Mrs Henley
10-06-2008, 03:20 PM
I doubt that he ever sees the response. He made his entry two months ago and I haven't seen any other responses from him on that particular Video on YouTube.

Yeah true, maybe you can send him an email or something.