PDA

View Full Version : What are you listening to right now?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

ticky
05-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Carolina in my Mind ~ James Taylor

but in holding with todays In Eagles History, Hotel California started when I turned my Ipod on this morning! Great way to start the day.

Brooke
05-07-2009, 01:27 PM
All She Wants To Do Is Dance on the radio!

Troubadour
05-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Stay - Pink Floyd

Koala
05-08-2009, 01:05 AM
Stay - Pink Floyd
I like this song!:thumbsup:
-----

Yesterday - The Beatles

TimothyBFan
05-08-2009, 08:10 AM
My first Eagles song of the day on my radio station--One Of These Nights

Glennsallnighter
05-10-2009, 11:36 AM
I've Got Mine - Glenn :heart: Frey.

TimothyBFan
05-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Walk Away on the radio right now!

ticky
05-11-2009, 01:56 PM
The new Charliane Harris audio book!! YAY!! Dead and Gone!

TimothyBFan
05-12-2009, 09:00 AM
2 for Tuesday on the radio today--Just played Take It Easy and now playing Take It To The Limit

luvthelighthouse
05-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Overplayed, but Hotel California is on the radio now... I'll take it though, as I need my Eagles fix during the work day.

tbs fanatic
05-12-2009, 01:40 PM
New JJ Cale CD 'Roll On' - lovin' it :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
05-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Another set for 2 for Tuesday---In The City and The Last Resort

eaglesvet
05-12-2009, 02:35 PM
smuggler's blues--glenn

Peekaboo
05-13-2009, 08:04 AM
Ozzy's version of In My Life. It's not that bad but of course the original version is much better.

melrose
05-13-2009, 02:34 PM
'Enjoy Every Sandwich': The Songs of Warren Zevon. Some pretty nice covers in there, including our own Mr. Henley.

TimothyBFan
05-14-2009, 08:35 AM
"I don't want to work- I just want to bang on the drum all day.... Todd Rundgren and ain't it the truth!!!

Brooke
05-14-2009, 10:03 AM
One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer-George Thorogood

A bit early in the morning for that one! :laugh:

TimothyBFan
05-14-2009, 10:03 AM
The Long Run on the radio

Stars
05-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Days Aren't Long Enough-Steve Earle and Allison Moorer
Such a lovely song-I can't get enough of it!:applause:

Koala
05-15-2009, 12:50 AM
Sunshine of Your Love - Cream

Koala
05-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Where The Wild Roses Grow - Nick Cave & Kylie Minogue

Freypower
05-17-2009, 09:37 AM
Just had a whiff of Black Dog & Stairway To Heaven, and then Wish You Were Here, on our 7.1 surround sound system.

The_Girl_Of_Summer
05-17-2009, 10:22 PM
See The World by Gomez

Troubadour
05-22-2009, 02:41 PM
The 1980 live version of King Of Hollywood. Oh my dear God! The "yeah, we're gonna take care of you darlin'" bit sounds even hotter on this recording.

GlennLover
05-22-2009, 07:36 PM
"Selected Works" just arrived in the mail. I finished listening to the Milennium Concert & the few other bits that I hadn't heard before & am listening to the "Ballads" CD now. "New Kid in Town" is playing.

Freypower
05-22-2009, 07:46 PM
The 1980 live version of King Of Hollywood. Oh my dear God! The "yeah, we're gonna take care of you darlin'" bit sounds even hotter on this recording.

And don't they give that line a rapturous reception! It's a fantastic version of the song. That gorgeous creamy falsetto is my favourite part, though. It is much easier to hear than it is on the original studio version (much as I love that).

Stars
05-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Comes A Time- Neil Young-the live version-just lovely! Neil is a favorite of mine, and I have the great fortune of going to see him in Scotland this summer! First Neil, then the Eagles-be still my beating heart!:heart::heart:

Mrs Frey
05-25-2009, 06:34 AM
I realised now that I've never posted in this thread before.

I haven't got a particular song I'm listening to a lot at the moment, but I've been listening to and watching videos of The Searchers and The Beatles more than anyone for the last two months or thereabouts. I'd been neglecting them somewhat, having paid quite a lot of attention to Elvis since about August last year, not to mention my Eagles obsession.

I managed to obtain live versions of The Searchers' "Needles And Pins" from their 8 April 1964 performance on The Ed Sullivan Show (about two months after The Beatles made history on that show), among quite a few other exciting live appearances, as well as several new live Beatles performances. I particularly love The Beatles' February 1964 rendition of "Long Tall Sally" at the Washington Coliseum. To me, it's probably their most exciting performance of all those I've seen. What a tight and passionate band! Paul McCartney's vocals are fantastic, and Ringo Starr's drumming is phenomenal.

Another live Beatles performance that gets me all hot and bothered is "Twist And Shout" from the 1964 New Musical Express Pollwinner's Concert at Wembley. John Lennon never fails to thrill me with his singing on this song, but his singing here is particularly special. The line "Now work it all out, honey!" just gets me every time!

The concert performance of "All My Loving" in Melbourne, Australia in 1964 makes me cry. What makes the live version different from the studio version is that George Harrison takes the lead vocal while Paul McCartney harmonises during the repeat of the first verse after George's guitar solo. Paul does both lead and harmony vocal on the record. I still get emotional about George - I'd always dreamt of meeting him, and when he passed way in November 2001, that dream was shattered.

The Searchers are my third favourite group after The Beatles and the Eagles. The gorgeous Mike Pender is my favourite member of the group, although he left them in 1985 to pursue his own career and form his own group. He still has a stunning voice, and the jangly 12-string sound he created on songs like "Needles And Pins", "Don't Throw Your Love Away" and "When You Walk In The Room" pre-empted the sound created by The Byrds, although the latter is given credit for it. Both Mike and The Searchers still perform to this day, and very successfully so.

Sorry - I got a little carried away here. This is where I've been at musically, though.

Stars
05-25-2009, 07:58 AM
The Mountain-Steve Earle
One of my favorite songs by Steve, but I love so many! I can't wait to see Steve as the opening act for Jackson Browne at the August show in New Jersey. Roll on August!!:)

Stars
05-26-2009, 06:17 PM
Hollywood Waltz-Eagles!:heart::heart:
Believe it or not, I have NEVER heard this song before! What album is it from? I love the song! It suddenly came on my Pandora radio station, where they pick songs they think you would like. I recognized Don's voice, and I had to see what song was playing-it's fantastic!!:thumbsup:

Freypower
05-26-2009, 07:27 PM
It's from the One Of These Nights album (1975).

Troubadour
05-26-2009, 07:35 PM
It is a gorgeous song, isn't it, Stars? I love Don's voice. He sounds so sweet and youthful :heart:

Brooke
05-26-2009, 09:35 PM
I managed to obtain live versions of The Searchers' "Needles And Pins" from their 8 April 1964 performance on The Ed Sullivan Show (about two months after The Beatles made history on that show), among quite a few other exciting live appearances, as well as several new live Beatles performances.

The Searchers are my third favourite group after The Beatles and the Eagles. The gorgeous Mike Pender is my favourite member of the group, although he left them in 1985 to pursue his own career and form his own group. He still has a stunning voice, and the jangly 12-string sound he created on songs like "Needles And Pins", "Don't Throw Your Love Away" and "When You Walk In The Room" pre-empted the sound created by The Byrds, although the latter is given credit for it. Both Mike and The Searchers still perform to this day, and very successfully so.

This is funny, MF, because not too long ago my husband and I heard N & P on the radio and remembered it from days gone by. I tried to find it to download, but the one I got doesn't really sound like the original version. I will have to check out the other two songs you mentioned and try them out. Sounds like I should also look up a picture of the group. :thumbsup:

Koala
05-27-2009, 12:36 AM
I will not go Quietly - Don Henley

Mrs Frey
05-27-2009, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Frey https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/images/vc/buttons//viewpost.gif (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?p=69903#post69903)

I managed to obtain live versions of The Searchers' "Needles And Pins" from their 8 April 1964 performance on The Ed Sullivan Show (about two months after The Beatles made history on that show), among quite a few other exciting live appearances, as well as several new live Beatles performances.

The Searchers are my third favourite group after The Beatles and the Eagles. The gorgeous Mike Pender is my favourite member of the group, although he left them in 1985 to pursue his own career and form his own group. He still has a stunning voice, and the jangly 12-string sound he created on songs like "Needles And Pins", "Don't Throw Your Love Away" and "When You Walk In The Room" pre-empted the sound created by The Byrds, although the latter is given credit for it. Both Mike and The Searchers still perform to this day, and very successfully so. [/quote]

This is funny, MF, because not too long ago my husband and I heard N & P on the radio and remembered it from days gone by. I tried to find it to download, but the one I got doesn't really sound like the original version. I will have to check out the other two songs you mentioned and try them out. Sounds like I should also look up a picture of the group. :thumbsup:

Brooke, I can help you with this. Firstly, if you'd like to hear the original group perform "Needles And Pins" live, go to the following YouTube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzyGf4qBcRg

This is the 8 April 1964 Ed Sullivan Show performance. You'll notice that Mike Pender, who is the lead vocalist on the studio recording, shares the vocals here with Tony Jackson, who was the lead singer on "Sweets For My Sweet" and "Sugar And Spice", two of their other big hits. When Tony left the group (partly because he wasn't too happy that the group decided Mike should sing lead on "Needles And Pins" and "Don't Throw Your Love Away"), Mike took over lead vocals on most of their records.

To hear the original recording on YouTube, you can go to this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Spm56LijMuA&feature=related

Here, the video shows a different Searchers line-up lip-synching to the original record. Mike Pender is still in the band at this time, as this was recorded, I would assume, sometime in the '70s. Either way, this is the recording you're looking for, with visuals to accompany it.

Now, for a little eye-candy, I bring you The Searchers, 1963:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/searchershistory2.jpg

The original line-up: Tony Jackson, John McNally, Chris Curtis and Mike Pender.

My favourite photo of the band looks thus - The Searchers, 1964:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/The_Searchers5.jpg

John McNally, Frank Allen, Chris Curtis and Mike Pender. I was fortunate enough to receive a personal letter from Frank in 2002, after I wrote to him. Frank replaced Tony in 1964, and along with John, still performs with The Searchers to this day.

And to end this Searchers lesson, here's a screencap I made from their video for "I Don't Want To Go On Without You" (also to be found on YouTube):

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/Mike2.png

Mike is so HOT. He has the nicest lips :kiss: since Elvis (sorry, Glenn :heart:)! Okay, he doesn't look like that anymore (he was 22 years old then), but I don't think he looks bad for 67:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/stationfender18.jpg

:nod: :nod: :nod:

I hope you girls don't mind my indulging somewhat in some of the OTHER music I listen to, and OTHER guys I drool :drool: over. I also hope you don't mind my posting photos in this thread. It was all to assist Brooke you see... [good excuse, that] :wink:

Brooke
05-27-2009, 01:20 PM
I didn't mind one little bit! Thank you MF for helping me out here! I do like the original recording best.

Oh yes, very nice lips indeed! :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
05-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Love it MF!! Wasn't Sweets For My Sweet done by someone else also in the 70's? It seems I remember having a 45 single of that song but not this version.

Stars
05-27-2009, 02:26 PM
MF, I think Mike Pender looks very handsome at 67! Do you know if he was ever part of the Moody Blues? (I am probably thinking of someone else!:))
By the way, I remember the Searchers very well, and always liked "Needles and Pins" a lot. I loved their sound!:thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
05-27-2009, 05:25 PM
I've NEVER minded you posting on ANY thread MF. In fact I'm delighted you seem to be getting a little more Glenn :heart: time (or is it Mike Time?). :hug:

I'm actually watching Jane Eyre on DVD. A dramatisation of what was my favourite book as a teenager and young adult.

Freypower
05-27-2009, 10:31 PM
MF, I think Mike Pender looks very handsome at 67! Do you know if he was ever part of the Moody Blues? (I am probably thinking of someone else!:))
By the way, I remember the Searchers very well, and always liked "Needles and Pins" a lot. I loved their sound!:thumbsup:

You're thinking of Mike Pinder, who was the Moody Blues' first keyboards player.

Mrs Frey
05-28-2009, 06:20 AM
I didn't mind one little bit! Thank you MF for helping me out here! I do like the original recording best.

Oh yes, very nice lips indeed! :thumbsup:

Glad I could be of assistance, Brooke! I do so enjoy being of assistance. :wink: Oh, and I thought you would agree about Mike's lips... :wink: :wink:

Mrs Frey
05-28-2009, 06:25 AM
Love it MF!! Wasn't Sweets For My Sweet done by someone else also in the 70's? It seems I remember having a 45 single of that song but not this version.

Glad you like the videos and eye-candy, TBF!:D Your thoughts are interesting. I don't recall "Sweets For My Sweet" being recorded in the '70s, but I do know that Smokie covered "Needles And Pins" during that decade. Is that perhaps the record you're thinking of?

Mrs Frey
05-28-2009, 06:32 AM

Glad you share my opinion of Mike's handsome looks, Stars! :D :wink: FP has answered your question regarding the Mike in The Moody Blues.

The Searchers certainly had a unique sound. They were the second most popular and successful band from Liverpool, after The Beatles. They performed on the New Musical Express Pollwinner's Concert in London in both 1964 and 1965. I believe "Love Potion No. 9" was their most successful record in the U.S..

Mrs Frey
05-28-2009, 06:35 AM
I've NEVER minded you posting on ANY thread MF. In fact I'm delighted you seem to be getting a little more Glenn :heart: time (or is it Mike Time?). :hug:

I'm actually watching Jane Eyre on DVD. A dramatisation of what was my favourite book as a teenager and young adult.

Awww, you're so sweet, GA. :hug: I'm glad to be getting more Glenn :heart: time, as well as Mike :heart: time! And then there's John Lennon :heart: , Paul McCartney :heart: , George Harrison :heart: , Ringo Starr :heart: ... :wink: :lol:

I've never read Jane Eyre, but I'm curious - how does the DVD dramatisation compare with the book?

Mrs Frey
05-28-2009, 06:38 AM
You're thinking of Mike Pinder, who was the Moody Blues' first keyboards player.

Thanks for this information, FP. I don't know much about The Moody Blues, and I don't know them as individuals, but I do know that "Nights In White Satin" is one of the most beautiful and sweeping ballads I've ever heard. I'd love to perform it in our band one day.

TimothyBFan
05-28-2009, 09:46 AM
Glad you like the videos and eye-candy, TBF!:D Your thoughts are interesting. I don't recall "Sweets For My Sweet" being recorded in the '70s, but I do know that Smokie covered "Needles And Pins" during that decade. Is that perhaps the record you're thinking of?

I couldn't take it any more---went down and found the crate of 45's and guess what ---I FOUND IT!!!! It was Sweets For My Sweet by The Sweet Inspirations on Atlantic record. The B side is a song called Get A Little Order.

I found this online http://www.answers.com/topic/sweets-for-my-sweet
and here's what wiki has to say about them http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sweet_Inspirations. According to wiki--they did Sweets For My Sweet in 1969.

I knew I wasn't crazy!!!

Stars
05-28-2009, 01:52 PM
FP-thanks for letting me know it was Mike Pinder in the Moody Blues-their names are very similar, aren't they?
MF, I do remember "Love Potion Number Nine", and it was a GIANT hit over here. What I remember most is being at slumber parties with my friends, and when we would play the record, we would act the whole thing out-"I held my nose, I closed my eyes, I took a sip"-lol. I haven't thought of that in years-we are going back to around 1964 or '65!:hilarious:

Mrs Frey
05-29-2009, 06:55 AM
I couldn't take it any more---went down and found the crate of 45's and guess what ---I FOUND IT!!!! It was Sweets For My Sweet by The Sweet Inspirations on Atlantic record. The B side is a song called Get A Little Order.

I found this online http://www.answers.com/topic/sweets-for-my-sweet
and here's what wiki has to say about them http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sweet_Inspirations. According to wiki--they did Sweets For My Sweet in 1969.

I knew I wasn't crazy!!!

Goodness gracious, TBF - The Sweet Inspirations of all groups! They were one of Elvis' vocal back-up groups from 1969 onwards. I don't know much about their solo albums, so this is very interesting indeed. A link between Elvis and The Searchers - I love it! Thank you for looking it up! And thanks for the links! :thumbsup:

Mrs Frey
05-29-2009, 06:57 AM
FP-thanks for letting me know it was Mike Pinder in the Moody Blues-their names are very similar, aren't they?
MF, I do remember "Love Potion Number Nine", and it was a GIANT hit over here. What I remember most is being at slumber parties with my friends, and when we would play the record, we would act the whole thing out-"I held my nose, I closed my eyes, I took a sip"-lol. I haven't thought of that in years-we are going back to around 1964 or '65!:hilarious:

I'm glad to know The Searchers had such huge success in the States! I'm sure it was fun to do the actions to the song with your friends. I'm taking you back a bit, aren't I? :wink: How I wish I was around during that time, but 1964, when they recorded the song, was a full 12 years before I was born! :shock:

Troubadour
05-29-2009, 01:10 PM
White Wing - JD Souther

EagleLady
05-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Fox On The Run by Sweet just came on and I immediately thought of You, Willie ;)

Koala
05-30-2009, 02:36 AM
Blessed - Simon & Garfunkel

Koala
05-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Lyin´Eyes at the Radio!:)

TimothyBFan
06-01-2009, 08:37 AM
Fox On The Run by Sweet just came on and I immediately thought of You, Willie ;)

One of my faves!!! Thanks for thinking of me--I must be pretty good at spreading the word of Sweet afterall!! :hilarious:

EagleLady
06-01-2009, 09:15 AM
That you are Willie, That you are ;)

Stars
06-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Call Me Al-Paul Simon

TimothyBFan
06-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Call Me Al-Paul Simon

Every time I hear that song I think about that silly video with Chevy Chase---Way to funny!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULjCSK0oOlI

Prettymaid
06-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Like the song... love the video!!!

Troubadour
06-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Late For The Sky - Jackson Browne

Stars
06-01-2009, 07:05 PM
TBF, that video is just hysterical-thanks for posting it! I remember watching it back in the day, but I had totally forgotten about it.:hilarious:
When I hear the song, "You Can Call Me Al", I always think of a Quantum Leap convention I attended in 1993. They played that song quite a bit, in honor of the "Al" character, played by Dean Stockwell on the TV show. That song always brings a smile to my face when I hear it!:)

Troubadour
06-09-2009, 12:00 PM
I Will Not Go Quietly - Don :heart:

cynd1231
06-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Common Thread........the CD changer has 100 slots and I just keep it loaded up with all my Eagles (collectively and individually) as well as this one. Turn it on in the morning and just let it play all day.

Koala
06-10-2009, 12:51 AM
Before you Accuse me (Take a look at Yourself) - Eric Clapton

cynd1231
06-10-2009, 01:59 PM
LROOE.........

Troubadour
06-15-2009, 06:46 PM
No One To Run With - Allman Brothers Band

Although Don's 'Very Best Of' has been in the car constantly since I bought it!

Glennsallnighter
06-16-2009, 05:25 AM
Dirty Laundry from MY new VBO Don Henley.

TimothyBFan
06-19-2009, 01:30 PM
Rocky Mountain Way on the radio

Troubadour
06-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Willing - Linda Ronstadt

Troubadour
06-26-2009, 07:09 PM
I'm watching Neil Young at Glastonbury on TV. He is singing A Day In The Life now, preceded by Rockin' In The Free World, Words and The Needle And The Damage Done. Incredible! :heart:

Koala
06-27-2009, 08:58 AM
Wild Mountain Thyme Live in Dublin :thumbsup: - Glenn Frey!

Stars
07-29-2009, 05:43 PM
Long December-Counting Crows
They are playing this on my Pandora station-right before it, they played "Wasted Time", and they rarely seem to play the Eagles, so I felt very lucky!:)

GlennLover
07-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Walk Away-I'm watching the video from Houston, Nov 6, 1976. Now it's into Tequila Sunrise.

Koala
07-31-2009, 08:13 AM
One Of These Nights Intro from the Selected Works Box! Great It´s cracking me up!:hilarious:

TimothyBFan
07-31-2009, 08:34 AM
The new Eagles radio station online!:thumbsup:

Stars
07-31-2009, 09:22 AM
Me too, TBF-I'm enjoying it so much! Joe just came on and made a funny remark, and now they are playing something I don't recognize, but it sounds good! This is a lot of fun!:thumbsup:

Koala
07-31-2009, 10:02 AM
The new Eagles radio station online!:thumbsup:
Me too!:)
I hear it but only since a few minutes, because it did not work before!:brickwall:

cynd1231
07-31-2009, 11:17 AM
Isn't everyone listening to Eagles Radio today????? Absolutely AWESOME!!

Glennsallnighter
07-31-2009, 12:02 PM
Walk Away-I'm watching the video from Houston, Nov 6, 1976. Now it's into Tequila Sunrise.

Awwwwww Happy 28th Glenn :heart:

TimothyBFan
07-31-2009, 01:19 PM
Cowgirl In The Sand-Neil Young on Eagles radio--I mean WOW!!! Since when have you heard that on any other radio station? This is frickin' awesome!!:thumbsup:

GlennLover
07-31-2009, 04:21 PM
Eagles Radio! I just heard Joe say, "This is Joe & this is Eagles Radio".

GlennLover
07-31-2009, 04:25 PM
TIE is on now!

Tessa
08-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Dream in Color - Bianca Ryan

Koala
08-02-2009, 01:52 AM
At the Moment I hear the Feed the Fire CD from Tim! I love this album!

AzEaglesFan
08-09-2009, 02:03 AM
I just bought Dear Mr Fantasy. I only wanted it because Joe appeared on it but now that I have it, I am enjoying listening to all of the artists. They end the DVD with Love Will Keep Us Alive. It seems strange anyone but Timothy singing it. Even stranger Joe singing a verse. It's a great DVD, even though I have never heard of most of the artists on it. I love reading liner notes. On But Seriously Folks CD the liner note read "Joe Walsh appears courtesy of Joe Smith??, on the liner note for this DVD it reads "Joe Walsh appears courtesy of Joe Walsh" must be a little Joe humor.:hilarious:

Koala
08-09-2009, 02:49 AM
SECRET GARDEN - Bruce Springsteen

Stars
08-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Sparkle and Shine-Steve Earle

Troubadour
08-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Not Enough Love In The World - Don Henley :heart:

cynd1231
08-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Been playing a variety of Eagles stuff all morning....right now listening to early TBS

countryangel28
08-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Better Man by Pearl Jam, great song

Freypower
08-11-2009, 07:52 PM
I'm playing all 183 Beatles tracks I have on my iPod.

Koala
08-12-2009, 02:38 AM
Carpet Crawlers live - Genesis (from the concert in Hamburg 2007)

Glennsallnighter
08-12-2009, 03:35 AM
'If I were a sailboat' - Katie Melua

GlennLover
08-12-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm watching the Glenn/Joe video that I just rec'd. Glenn is singing True Love and dancing!

AmarilloByMorning
08-12-2009, 02:49 PM
I've heard that "Sailboat" song mentioned somewhere before... cannot place where, though, and it's really bothering me. A discussion? A recommendation? Huh.

Listening to "Marina Del Rey" by George Strait.

Troubadour
08-12-2009, 05:46 PM
White Wing - JD Souther

AzEaglesFan
08-13-2009, 04:34 AM
George Strait's new CD "Twang"

AmarilloByMorning
08-13-2009, 11:51 AM
George Strait's new CD "Twang"

:headbang: What do you think of King George's new one Az? He's my absolute favorite... Fabulous choice.

AzEaglesFan
08-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Love King George. The CD is great but he does the last song in Spanish and I like to listen to the words and picturing what is going on in the song. I'll listen to it again today and maybe there is a translation lol

Glennsallnighter
08-13-2009, 08:21 PM
I'm watching a programme about the construction of Hard Rock Park. AND they played some of RMW during the programme!

TimothyBFan
08-14-2009, 08:38 AM
Desperado on Pandora Radio :thumbsup:

Troubadour
08-22-2009, 03:42 PM
You're Not Drinking Enough - Don Henley

Koala
08-23-2009, 03:20 AM
The Shadow - Timothy B Schmit

BTW, I think Tim has a new fan, my sister. She loves all the Eagles songs sung by him and she want a copy from the Feed the Fire CD. At the moment she always sings Love will keep us alive no matter what she does she sings this song!

skibum1606
08-23-2009, 05:52 PM
BTW, I think Tim has a new fan, my sister. She loves all the Eagles songs sung by him and she want a copy from the Feed the Fire CD. At the moment she always sings Love will keep us alive no matter what she does she sings this song!

That's cool
right now i am listening to the radio which is playing L.A. Woman by The Doors

Koala
09-08-2009, 01:19 AM
Calling Me - Kenny Rogers & Don Henley
This was the first time I've heard this song on the radio.

Troubadour
09-08-2009, 07:24 AM
I'm watching The Long Run (the very first song) from Peoria, 2004. Aaahhhh, I'm so excited! I'm off work sick today, feeling like crap, and the DVDs just this second arrived in the post from Nancy. Talk about perfect timing! :heart:

Prettymaid
09-08-2009, 07:39 AM
Feel better soon Lou!

Troubadour
09-08-2009, 07:41 AM
Thanks, Cathy. Wasted Time took the focus off the back pain for a while, I can tell you!!! :thud:

TimothyBFan
09-08-2009, 07:47 AM
The Cars discography today in honor of Benjamin's birthday.

GlennLover
09-08-2009, 03:39 PM
"Sexy Girl" I'm listening to the Allnighter album.

Hope you're feeling better very soon, Troub!!

lynnzop
09-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Radio station I listen to at work is playing non-stop Beatles. I like The Beatles, but it's getting a little tiresome.

My car has been playing On The Border non-stop since I got the CD from Amazon yesterday. Great to listen to the old Eagles stuff!!!!

Freypower
09-09-2009, 11:27 PM
I WILL be listening to I Love To Watch A Woman Dance. It came on the iPod at the railway station and I had to turn it off to get in the train (only one stop to my station). So....... sigh..... I will listen to it when I go to get Rosalind from school. :singer:

luvthelighthouse
09-10-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm listening to Only Sixteen by Dr. Hook... Why do I love 70's music so much?

glenneaglesfan
09-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Dreams - Fleetwood Mac right now.

This doesn't really count, but the other night on the radio (Absolute Classic rock) I had Heartache Tonight, Judy Blue Eyes, House of the Rising Sun, Doctor My Eyes, Landslide, Comfortably Numb and Dirty Work all in sequence - these are all on my ipod!

TimothyBFan
09-11-2009, 08:10 AM
Styx discography in honor of Tommy Shaw's birthday today!

AzEaglesFan
09-13-2009, 04:03 AM
I just bought Keith Urban's Defying Gravity. Great CD for an Keith fan

Troubadour
09-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Morrissey - Years Of Refusal

Koala
09-13-2009, 09:56 AM
BIKO- Peter Gabriel

Troubadour
09-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Talking To The Moon from Inside Job. The DVD version. Sigh!

bernie's bender
09-13-2009, 09:34 PM
an eagles concert from 1974 in Massachusetts...

lynnzop
09-13-2009, 10:43 PM
Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace.

Edgy. If you like alt rock, it's really good.

This afternoon I watched the HFO DVD while torching some silver. Another birthday gift to myself...absolutely great.

Koala
09-21-2009, 01:08 AM
The Last Unicorn - America

Claire_H
09-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Linda Ronstadt - Blue Bayou

Love her!!

Koala
09-22-2009, 01:27 AM
Three Of A Perfect Pair - King Crimson

ticky
09-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Red Door ~ The Rolling Stones (Eagles Radio)

bernie's bender
09-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Willis Alan Ramsey

Stars
09-25-2009, 05:23 PM
Remember the Mountain Bed-a fantastic Woody Guthrie song performed wonderfully by Jeff Tweedy of Wilco!:applause:

Troubadour
09-25-2009, 05:25 PM
I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday - Morrissey (from the live in Manchester DVD) :heart:

cynd1231
09-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Been listening to a lot of Eagles today 'cause I've been on a housecleaning tear...BUT my friendly UPS man was here a few minutes ago to drop off my first FREE CD's from LOST HIGHWAY RECORDS!!!! Hurray......I got free copies of Robert Earl Keen's "The Rose" and Willie Nelson's "Lost Highway" -- listening to Willie right now and it's a great CD. Funny thing, according to the LHR website, free CD's weren't suppose to be shipped until the 29th but today is only the 25th! I CONTINUE TO BUILD MY POINTS ON THEIR WEBSITE BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW WHAT'S BEING RELEASED ON THEIR LABEL OCTOBER 20TH!!!!!!!!!!!Seems to me that Willie's new CD just hit the stores this past weekend so I'm really getting excited about EXPANDO!

Glennsallnighter
09-26-2009, 04:13 AM
Sound of Silence - Simon and Garfunkel

Troubadour
09-26-2009, 12:44 PM
One Of These Nights - Eagles

bernie's bender
09-27-2009, 02:17 AM
"The Phoenix Concerts" John Stewart

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JQoIyM6iTfA/Scnd30aDxCI/AAAAAAAAAb8/47kRDSRdb_A/s320/ponix.jpg

Koala
09-28-2009, 01:20 AM
Drivin' Wheel - B.B. King & Glenn Frey

EasyFeeling
09-29-2009, 02:15 PM
The new album Can't Slow Down from Foreigner... awesome :partytime:

Troubadour
09-30-2009, 08:33 AM
Dark Star - Crosby, Stills & Nash

Koala
09-30-2009, 08:43 AM
Afterglow live from Hamburg 2007 - Genesis

Glennsallnighter
10-03-2009, 06:15 PM
New Kid in Town - From F1. :inlove:

Koala
10-04-2009, 02:43 AM
I'm suffering badly with PEW last night, so I have seen HFO, followed by Farwell 1 and besides this I have heard the Eagles Live album to fall asleep !
And now I hear The Connfesor from Joe!

vamp1227
10-21-2009, 07:27 AM
The Last Worthless Evening~Don Henley

MikeA
10-21-2009, 07:57 AM
Emmylou Harris "I Don't Want To Talk About It Now"

I really can't believe that Me, Myself and I are all three listening to freakin' "Country Music!" I've probably listened to that one 20 times in the past couple of days. Like the "mood" of that song. Recon I'm workin' on a cover of it.

cynd1231
10-21-2009, 10:58 AM
What else? EXPANDO!

GlennLover
10-21-2009, 02:24 PM
What else? EXPANDO!

:lol: I be disappointed in you if it was anything else :spin:.

GlennLover
10-21-2009, 03:14 PM
I am listening to Selected Works and I just heard "Born To Boogie" which brought to mind a question I have about the song. I first heard it when I downloaded it from iTunes. I thought that it was Don singing it. When I got the box set & was reading the liner notes it said that Glenn sings it. No matter how many times I listen to it, it stills sounds like Don to me. I just don't hear it as being Glenn's voice. Does anyone else think it sounds more like Do or am I "hearing things"?

Freypower
10-21-2009, 10:32 PM
It's Glenn alright.

It might take you a while,but you will hear it. Listen to the 'every roadie should boogie' part. Listen to the way he sings the word 'every'. Something which isn't too well known about Glenn is the way he can change his voice around. Listen to Somebody. And in the Tokyo version of Rocky Mountain Way he does a fantastic impression of Joe in the line 'says it doesn't matter'.

I absolutely love the track. I think it's hilarious. I love Don's drumming on it. So no, to answer your question, I don't think it sounds like Don singing.

GlennLover
10-22-2009, 07:31 PM
It's Glenn alright.

It might take you a while,but you will hear it. Listen to the 'every roadie should boogie' part. Listen to the way he sings the word 'every'. Something which isn't too well known about Glenn is the way he can change his voice around. Listen to Somebody. And in the Tokyo version of Rocky Mountain Way he does a fantastic impression of Joe in the line 'says it doesn't matter'.

I absolutely love the track. I think it's hilarious. I love Don's drumming on it. So no, to answer your question, I don't think it sounds like Don singing.

I have heard Glenn do a number of different voices in various interviews so I know that he is quite talented at doing that (among other things :nahnah:). I will have to go back to the arduous ;-) task of listening to the song a few more times :grooving:.

vamp1227
10-23-2009, 07:05 AM
Peaceful Easy Feeling...:thumbsup:

cynd1231
10-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Joe Walsh -- The Definitive Collection......going retro today! Rose of Cimmarron earlier.

Troubadour
10-24-2009, 10:01 PM
Jamaica Say You Will - Jackson Browne

Tessa
10-26-2009, 03:35 AM
Because of you - Reba & Kelly Clarkson

vamp1227
10-26-2009, 06:38 AM
29 Palms~Robert Plant

Troubadour
10-26-2009, 06:11 PM
Last Request - Paolo Nutini

Peekaboo
10-27-2009, 08:54 AM
I've been listening to Expando a lot lately but i started missing Don so i'm listening to his latest Very Best Of right now.

lynnzop
10-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Jukebox in my mind has been playing "You Don't Cry Like a Lover" over and over and over again. Guess it would help if I'd quit popping On the Border in my car CD on my commute. ;)

RE: Don/Glenn sounding alike...long long ago, one of my favorite things about The Eagles was the constant change of the lead vocalist...might not hear the same voice, but I could always tell an Eagles song by the style of the music and tight harmonies. Before I learned to distinguish the tiny idosyncracies between Don and Glenn (read: became a Big Fan and not just a Casual Fan :laugh: ), I confused them on a few songs. Plus, I think over the years they've developed their voices to be VERY different.

Freypower
10-28-2009, 06:04 PM
I personally don't think Don & Glenn have EVER sounded similar to each other. The only reason people seem to think it's Don in Born To Boogie is because they think it can't be Glenn. Don's voice has a very raw quality about it while Glenn's is very smooth. I could never confuse the singers of Take It Easy and Witchy Woman.

Brooke
10-29-2009, 09:09 AM
I'd have to agree there. I've always thought Don's voice was rough or gravely while Glenn's was smooth and sweet. Both can be very sexy. But Glenn and Don both can do different things with their voices as in Somebody and Fast Company. When I first heard Somebody it took me a while to recognize Glenn as it was so different to hear from him.

Stars
10-30-2009, 09:36 PM
I Will Follow You into the Dark-Death Cab For Cutie
This song is truly one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard, even though it is quite depressing. If anyone listens to it, tell me what ya think!

Troubadour
11-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Lilah - Don Henley :heart:

GlennLover
11-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Ramblin' Gamblin' Man with you know who singing backup & playing rhythm guitar!

TimothyBFan
11-10-2009, 07:08 PM
I have had that 70's channel on all day on Sirius and am getting such a kick out of some of the songs I haven't heard in forever. Heard Angie Baby by Helen Reddy a little while ago--it's still really bad! lol But it's been fun.

Prettymaid
11-10-2009, 07:11 PM
I have had that 70's channel on all day on Sirius and am getting such a kick out of some of the songs I haven't heard in forever. Heard Angie Baby by Helen Reddy a little while ago--it's still really bad! lol But it's been fun.

A few years back when we has XM radio we listened to the 70s channel all the way to Branson, MO and back while on vacation! It was a hoot!

Glennsallnighter
11-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Lyin Eyes...... while I watch 'Farewell 1' I guess I'd call this a 'smooth and sexy' Glenn :heart: voice...... :wink:

Stars
11-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Either Way-Wilco (one of my favorites of theirs from the "Sky Blue Sky" album-lovely song!):heart:

Stars
11-19-2009, 08:49 AM
Summer Teeth-Wilco live-can you tell I am quite enamored with this band??:inlove:

Troubadour
11-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Downtime - Timothy B Schmit (can't turn this one off today!)

tbs fanatic
11-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Darius Rucker CD 'Learn to Live'. Darius Rucker of 'Hootie and the Blowfish' has gone country. I'm not really a huge country fan but am really liking this CD. I always loved this guys voice and it really comes through well on this CD. Yep, I'd recommend it.

luvthelighthouse
11-24-2009, 12:49 PM
I do enjoy his new country song. However, Cracked Rear View was one of the best CD's ever released! There were so many great songs on that ... but they seamed to have peaked at their debut album... too bad. I'm glad that Derius has a new outlet though.

AzEaglesFan
11-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Toby Keith's American Ride. Ever since I saw the video for Cryin' For Me, I have wanted this CD.

Troubadour
11-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Pencil Full Of Lead - Paolo Nutini

Koala
11-25-2009, 02:00 AM
Everybody Knows - Leonard Cohen

Tessa
11-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Calling me - Don & Kenny Rogers

Freypower
11-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Well..... after giving Expando a workout in the car, I've now got MK's new album Get Lucky playing. The last album, Kill To Get Crimson, was a huge disappointment. This one seems a bit more folky with more 'English' type lyrics, but it doesn't grab me the way the eariler solo albums did. I can feel an orgy of playing all the old Dire Straits albums coming on. I know he's never going to write songs like those again but I keep hoping for another Sailing To Philadelphia or Why Aye Man (which are solo songs) and I'm not getting them.

Glennsallnighter
11-26-2009, 08:22 AM
Through The Barricades - Spandau Ballet on my ipod at work. They've realeased a new CD called 'Once More'. Its got some remakes of old songs such as 'True' 'Gold' and 'Through The Barricades' which are more accoustic than the originals. Well worth a listen

GlennLover
11-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Tequila Sunrise (from Selected Works)

Koala
11-27-2009, 01:43 AM
Malted Milk - Eric Clapton (unplugged)

luvthelighthouse
12-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Eagles Please Come Home for Christmas was just on the radio!!!

Brooke
12-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Please Come Home For Christmas! Right now!

MikeA
12-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Here's what I'm listening to right now...nice and Christmasey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fe11OlMiz8&feature=youtube_gdata

TimothyBFan
12-17-2009, 08:47 AM
That was great Mike!!! Thanks for posting!

Troubadour
12-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Years Of Refusal - Morrissey

Peekaboo
12-22-2009, 06:45 AM
I'm listening to the Bob and Tom show podcast and this was just played. I thought it was hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB5EE42So7I

Stars
12-26-2009, 12:10 PM
Country Disappeared- Wilco
My favorite song from their latest album-just lovely!:thumbsup:

Troubadour
12-27-2009, 08:11 PM
Cuz I'm Here - Ruthie Foster (she is fantastic.)

Koala
12-28-2009, 02:43 AM
The Man Who Sold The World - Nirvana

Koala
12-31-2009, 02:50 AM
The Chain live - Fleedwood Mac oh no just in this moment Eyes of the World beginns.

On 31 December a german/swiss TV station always shows only concerts, including this year Feedwood Mac Live in Boston 2004, Stevie Nicks Live in Chicago 2008, Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood Live in NY 2008, Queen & Paul Rodgers, P!nk, Ringo Starr & The Roundheads and a lot of other artists.
In the last years were also very frequently the Eagles televised, this year unfortunately not.

AzEaglesFan
12-31-2009, 04:51 AM
White Liar=Miranda Lambert, I just bought her latest CD, the more I listen to it the better I like it.

Prettymaid
01-06-2010, 09:13 AM
The Other Side of the World - KT Tunstall

Stars
01-06-2010, 11:16 AM
The Late Greats-Wilco!:rockguitar:

Glennsallnighter
01-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Tequila Sunrise. I'm watching F1, :inlove:

Koala
01-09-2010, 01:15 PM
the Heat is on it just runs in the radio- Glenn Frey

Glennhoney
01-09-2010, 04:01 PM
ONE OF THESE NIGHTS..on my radio..........

Wildthyme
01-10-2010, 02:52 AM
Desperado - just finishing up watching F1

EasyFeeling
01-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Unruly Child -Rise Up

Koala
01-13-2010, 02:28 AM
Friday Night - TBS
I prepare me for the survivor game!

Wildthyme
01-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Compassion by TBS

I am preparing too :lol:

Koala
01-16-2010, 04:02 AM
A Good Day - TBS
I prepares me still intensely for the survivor!:grooving:

Glennsallnighter
01-16-2010, 08:27 AM
Hannah Montana!! Lauras 'in' TV programme at the moment :roll:

Midnight_Flyer
01-16-2010, 02:11 PM
30 Seconds To Mars - The Kill

Stars
01-16-2010, 06:45 PM
I just finished listening to "Reservations" by Wilco. If I were forced to pick my favorite song by this band, this would be it. It brings me to tears.

Stars
01-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Soul Meets Body-Death Cab for Cutie (one of my favorite songs by this fantastic band!)

Midnight_Flyer
01-22-2010, 07:45 AM
JLS - Everybody In Love

Troubadour
01-22-2010, 12:07 PM
Greenday - Give Me Novocaine

Troubadour
01-25-2010, 12:26 PM
This Is Us - Mark Knopfler & Emmylou Harris

Midnight_Flyer
01-25-2010, 06:13 PM
Eagles - Get Over It

GlennLover
01-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Parachute, soon to be followed by Friday Night.

Stars
01-25-2010, 06:44 PM
Jesus on the Radio-Guster-love those harmonies!!:)

Prettymaid
01-26-2010, 08:37 AM
You Belong to the City - Christchurch audio version!

Midnight_Flyer
01-26-2010, 02:59 PM
i'm watching Eagles: Farewell 1, live in Melbourne tour and Funk #49 is on at the moment

Brooke
01-26-2010, 03:16 PM
Love Will Keep Us Alive on the radio!

Never hear that one! :yay:

Midnight_Flyer
01-27-2010, 07:24 AM
Don Henley - New York Minute

Troubadour
01-27-2010, 09:21 AM
$1000 Wedding - Willie Nelson (flippin' love this version!)

Koala
02-21-2010, 03:55 AM
Wonderful Tonight (live)- Eric Clapton

Stars
02-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Change Your Mind-Neil Young (a fantastic, VERY long song from one of my very favorite artists!):thumbsup:

Freypower
02-21-2010, 07:07 PM
It is long, isn't it?! It's funny - because I heard a couple of his 'short' songs earlier: Stayin' Power, New Mama and Burned.

SweetHolly
02-22-2010, 08:12 PM
Against All Odds by Phil Collins

Tessa
02-27-2010, 05:04 PM
Gotta Get Away - Randy Meisner

Stars
02-28-2010, 10:22 AM
The Pretender-Jackson Browne-one of his greatest songs, IMHO!:thumbsup:

Stars
03-02-2010, 11:27 PM
"Sugar Mountain"-Neil Young-live version from Live Aid 1985

Koala
03-03-2010, 01:50 AM
nice song, Stars!
------------

Postcards from Paraguay - Mark Knopfler

TimothyBFan
03-03-2010, 08:18 AM
I have been on a Bad Company kick lately. Merchants Of Cool.

Troubadour
03-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Too Far Gone - Emmylou Harris (I'm still gutted that I can't find the live recording of Don doing this song anymore. It was swoonworthy.)

Troubadour
03-06-2010, 02:27 PM
To Live Is To Fly - Steve Earle (thinking of you, Carla!)

Wildthyme
03-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Big Yellow Taxi - Joni Mitchell

Koala
03-09-2010, 01:51 AM
Wild Is The Wind - David Bowie

tequila girl
03-13-2010, 06:01 AM
Friday Night - TBS

Troubadour
03-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Coming Up Easy - Paolo Nutini

Stars
03-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Hesitating Beauty-Wilco (live!)

tequila girl
03-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Doctor my eyes - Jackson Browne

tequila girl
03-15-2010, 08:12 PM
You love the thunder - Jackson Browne

Koala
03-16-2010, 02:01 AM
Pinball Wizard - The Who

GlennLover
03-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Watching HFO. Just had the need for an Eagles fix!

Glennsallnighter
03-20-2010, 07:09 PM
Busy Being Fabulous. I'm reliving this night 2 years ago!

cynd1231
03-20-2010, 08:21 PM
Just got home from work...blasted The Best of Henley for 25 miles! Great CD for cruising.

Koala
03-21-2010, 03:11 AM
The Confessor - Joe Walsh

AzEaglesFan
03-21-2010, 03:40 AM
The Best of James Taylor, love his voice

tequila girl
03-21-2010, 08:38 AM
Go your own way - Fleetwood Mac

Troubadour
03-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Thousand Roads - David Crosby

Stars
03-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Happier-Guster (Just love this band!:heart:)

Koala
03-22-2010, 02:00 AM
Breakfast in America - Supertramp

tequila girl
03-22-2010, 08:21 AM
Downtime - TBS

TimothyBFan
03-22-2010, 08:42 AM
On The Border----I'm doing my homework!:hilarious:

TimothyBFan
03-22-2010, 09:16 AM
Just received a text from my niece so had to turn on the radio station---they are interviewing Jonny Lang!!! :smitten:

EagleLady
03-23-2010, 11:56 PM
Patsy Cline- I Fall To Pieces

Brooke
03-24-2010, 09:59 AM
Everywhere-Tim McGraw

Freypower
03-25-2010, 05:49 PM
I heard the live version of Brothers In Arms from the Ragpicker's Dream bonus CD last night. :heart::fainting: This was straight after Abba's Eagle, another favourite of mine which I happen to know was inspired by our boys.

Troubadour
03-25-2010, 07:07 PM
Million Faces - Paolo Nutini

Peekaboo
03-25-2010, 08:33 PM
It's Triple Play Thursday on my local classic rock station and I just heard In The City and now Hotel California is playing. I wonder which song they're gonna play next.

Peekaboo
03-25-2010, 08:37 PM
It's Heartache Tonight!!! :partytime:

tequila girl
03-26-2010, 05:12 AM
Tusk - Fleetwood Mac

Troubadour
03-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Caravan - Van Morrison

Troubadour
03-26-2010, 07:18 PM
I have just started watching the DVD of the Eagles MSG concert that Lisa very kindly copied for me... Oh my gosh! :drool: :fainting: I'm only on Busy Being Fabulous and I'm dying over here!

EagleLady
03-26-2010, 07:41 PM
HFO.