PDA

View Full Version : Chicago private show

Brooke
10-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Well, it looks like the boys did a private show in Chicago on the 27th!

Anybody go?

Check out ebay Item #290265583427

you are bidding on ONE eagles glenn frey guitar pick 2008. rescued from the stage at a private show in chicago 9/27/08. the eagles played the allstate arena in chicaco sept 25th , and 26th.
this show was a private show for sam zell's b-day party (owner of the chicago tribune and the chicago cubs). held in a private location for only invited guests. I was local crew on this show and rescued these picks (I have two) from the stage after their performance. I am selling one of these picks.. (perhaps a 2nd chance offer might be made for the other one). pick has glenn frey printed on one side and eagles 2008 on the other.
the pictures are of actual items, the stage before the show, and joe walsh during the show.
setlist in order
hotel california, (yes they opened with it), peaceful easy feeling, I can't teel you why, one of these nights, lyin eyes,boys of summer, in the city, long run, life's been good, dirty laundry, funk #49, heartache tonight, life in the fast lane, encore.. take it easy.

if wanted I will email you the pics that are in the auction. shipping will be free to us lower 48 states.
only one pick is for sale. perhaps a 2nd chance offer will be made for the other.
thanks for looking
good luck and happy bidding

eaglesvet
10-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Wasn't invited...:-(

TimothyBFan
10-06-2008, 04:10 PM
My invitation must of been lost!! :oops:

Mrs Henley
10-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Well, it looks like the boys did a private show in Chicago on the 27th!

Anybody go?

Awh, wasn't invited :(

But it's pretty cool! :)

Glennsallnighter
10-06-2008, 05:58 PM
I guess the mailman forgot where Ireland was!! :-(

There's one bid on the pics. Anyone here?

Molly
10-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Well, after what I said about the Flubs, er, I mean the Cubs...no surprise I wasn't invited!

Prettymaid
10-06-2008, 07:50 PM
the eagles played the allstate arena in chicaco sept 25th , and 26th.

Am I confused or is this guy? The Eagles played the United Center on Sept. 24 and 25. :confused:

Brooke
10-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Am I confused or is this guy? The Eagles played the United Center on Sept. 24 and 25. :confused:

Ha! Evidently the guy didn't even know where he was working that night! :rolleyes:

I do like the picks though!

And no, Ga, I'm not bidding.

TimothyBFan
10-07-2008, 06:50 AM
Not bidding but on watch list. With free shipping-we'll see how high they go.

sodascouts
10-07-2008, 10:51 AM
No wonder Don put in a plug for the Cubs!

Wish I was rich enough to hire the Eagles to play my birthday party.

Ive always been a dreamer
10-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Hey - I've got a birthday coming up next month. Hmmm - maybe if everyone here on The Border could pitch in, we could ... uh, let me go do the math.

:fainted:

Brooke
10-07-2008, 01:48 PM
I wonder how much they cost for a private party?

Let's see, if I start saving now..........nah, probably not! I don't thing :pray: would work either!

ticky
10-07-2008, 01:54 PM
What about party of two?? I bet we could afford them! I mean if we all start adding up how much $$$ we're spending on going to concerts, flying across the country,ticket costs, GAS...food, lodging. Personally I think I can add in the cost of my internet and ebay purchases. (does lust and waisted time have any value? I mean MONETARY value...)
If I add it all up THAT way we might be able to afford it (BTW, my birthday is next week, so hurry up!!) *G*

Mrs Henley
10-07-2008, 02:23 PM
My birthday is in March, that's too long to wait! :(
I'm gonna give a earlier birthday party and I want the Eagles to be there to perform! (Don solo is even fabulous!) :lol:

sodascouts
10-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Last I heard, the Party of Two asks for about a third of a million to play events and that's not including costs such as transportation, venue expenses, hired help, extra materials to provide for their comfort (see rider MikeA posted elsewhere)... I imagine it would easily get upwards of $350,000!

Mrs Henley
10-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Last I heard, the Party of Two asks for about a third of a million to play events and that's not including costs such as transportation, venue expenses, hired help, extra materials to provide for their comfort (see rider MikeA posted elsewhere)... I imagine it would easily get upwards of $350,000!

Woops, that's a lot of money!

ticky
10-07-2008, 06:58 PM

Ok, I can pick em up at the airport and Gatoraide isnt THAT much. I have an extra bed and, of course Joe wouldnt have to worry about that.. *G*

We just need to cut some corners *G* Im sure they'd be willing for such devoted fans as ourselves *G* (I can dream, right?)

Glennsallnighter
10-08-2008, 06:43 AM
Not bidding but on watch list. With free shipping-we'll see how high they go.

Well I don't get free shipping. On some items the shipping can cost more than the item!! :brickwall:

TimothyBFan
10-08-2008, 07:58 AM
GA-I sympathize with you. I run into the same thing when buying a lot of my Sweet stuff because so much of it comes from the UK. I always have to figure it in to the final cost and sometimes it's just not worth it.

tbs fanatic
10-08-2008, 11:06 AM

:jawdrop: Ye Gods!!

Peekaboo
10-08-2008, 06:37 PM

Well, wish me luck on hittin the lotto :pray:

Glennsallnighter
10-09-2008, 04:43 AM
Good Luck PeekaBoo!!

I see the pick now stands at $51. With more than 2 days to go. I bidded in the early stages but am out of it now. I have an identical one from London, so its not THAT important to me.

MikeA
10-09-2008, 05:34 AM
Good Grief! $51 for a guitar pick? I bought one off of eBay...I think it was Frey's and I don't remember paying more than $10 for it including $5 or so for shipping to cover the $.38 postage! It's getting crazy out there!

Reminds me though, I need to get a fresh picture of the picks. I think the photo paper in this one is beginning to crinkle with age, don't you?

All of the picks below came from concerts we went to and we got them from the crew after the show EXCEPT for Glenn's and the "Official Joe Walsh Pick" which comes in the JWFC new member's packet.

I never did get one of Timothy's picks though and I was watching for one too! I have one of Henley's picks. It's gray with his name on it in white. I got that pick after I'd taken the photograph and have since reframed the display. But I've been holding off on getting it digitized in hopes of getting a pick from TBS.

HERE ARE THE PICKS (http://mvabercrombie.net/Eagles_Walsh/pages/max_PPickDisplay.html)

Glennsallnighter
10-09-2008, 07:50 AM
Great picks Mike! The Joe one is particularly cool!! I have 4 Glenn :heart: picks - all from different eras including one from the 2008 tour. My daughter as a 'Timmy pick' as she calls it as well. They all cost in between €10 and €20, + P&P. I'd bid higher for an unusual one.

Of course if I had any commercial sense I would release the London one....but notta hope!! I am more the sentimental type! Glenn :heart: your picks are safe with me!! :thumbsup:

MikeA
10-09-2008, 08:03 AM
The 2003 Walsh pick I think was the one my son fought for at the Wichita concert that year. The one that just says "Eagles 2002" Might be either Joe's or Stu's. One of the crew tossed it to my daughter at the Oklahoma City concert and it came from the right side of the stage. Probably Stu's.

Ive always been a dreamer
10-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Very cool, Mike. I agree that $51 is an outrageous amount of money for a pick. I've seen them on ebay before a lot cheaper than that.

MikeA
10-09-2008, 11:14 AM
You UK fans, here's an auction I'd think you'd be interested in!

EAGLES COMMEMORATIVE GUITAR PICKS (http://cgi.ebay.com/Eagles-Guitar-Pick-Tribute-Display-Picks-Set-NEW_W0QQitemZ150301095119QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item1 50301095119&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C 240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14)

CHECK THIS ONE OUT TOO (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=250304712132)

These are not "authorized" by the Eagles but are very similar to my Joe Walsh Commemorative Collection that I got through JWFC.

I also saw a TBS pick that I just may bid on. That would complete my "real" pick collection except for Felder and Smith. I doubt that I could afford one from Leadon and Meisner.