PDA

View Full Version : I Love the 70s (VH1)

sodascouts
10-10-2008, 09:02 PM
I am a HUGE fan of Vh1's "I Love The.." series. It began with "I Love the 80s" and went from there to cover every decade from the 70s onwards... two or three times. And I still love it!

Right now, "I Love the 70s Vol. 2" is showing, and it's especially cool, because they keep using riffs from the following songs again and again...

Life in the Fast Lane
Heartache Tonight
Life's Been Good

Awesomeness!

Now, if they'd just SHOW the guys.... after all, they did a whole segment on Fleetwood Mac!

Glennsallnighter
10-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Nice one Soda!! As you say, it'd be great if they do the boys as well. And I just LOVE your new av!!

ticky
10-10-2008, 10:50 PM
I just saw that was on. Jenni, my 17 yr old watches it religiously!! I said "Oh the 70s! I bet the Eagles will be on this! and she said "Nope, I've never seen them on here. Ever!" as LITFL was playing in the background. OH the ignorance of youth *G*

DonFan
10-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Ah, time for Soda's annual Stevie witch Halloween av. Love it!

Mrs Henley
10-11-2008, 04:37 PM
VH1, I just love the whole broadcast!

I was watching a couple of weeks ago the "Final Countdown.." (don't know which final countdown) but I was watching the top 3 and at number 1 (Oh yeah) our own guys with Hotel California!

AzEaglesFan
10-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Have any of you seen the ad for a CD collection called "70's Rock Ballads" One of the songs on one of the CDs is You Belong to The City and they even show Glenn singing a line in the ad. They also offer a free CD and on that CD is Joe's Life's Been Good. ONLY 4 payments of $29.99. Too much for me and a lot of the songs I never cared for anyway but like it that Glenn was included in the ad singing.

sodascouts
10-13-2008, 05:58 PM
I don't know about the 70s one, but back when I was an undergrad in college, I bought one of those CD-of-the-month set of 80s CDs called "Sounds of the 80s." On the CD entitled "The Rockin' 80s: 1985" there was You Belong to the City, as well as a tiny photo of Glenn inside... this one in fact!

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/GFrey1985.jpg

At the time I had no idea he used to be in a group called the Eagles, lol. I've come a long way!