PDA

View Full Version : Fall TV show lineup look-a-like

Molly
10-11-2008, 10:10 AM
There's a new show on this Fall called "Life On Mars" -a detective show set in 1973. I've only seen the commercial for it, but the character played by Michael Imperioli (The Sapranos) got my attention. I can't put my finger on it, but there's something familiar about that hair and mustache!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/MichaelImperioli2.jpg

sodascouts
10-11-2008, 11:10 AM
lol! These guys are looking to the right places for inspiration. ;)

ticky
10-11-2008, 12:05 PM
hehehehe do you think they said "We need a Frey look a like for this part. Grow out your hair and get a mustache."

Mrs Henley
10-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Wooow, I scrolled fast at this topic and I really thought that it was Glenn :lol:

sodascouts
10-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Well, Glenn wasn't the only one to have that look back then, but he sure was the coolest. ;)

LOVE your av MH!

Mrs Henley
10-11-2008, 12:24 PM
That's true Soda! The coolest and the sexiest! :)

Thanks, Love yours too! Stevie!!!! :D

Freypower
10-11-2008, 05:34 PM
There is a similarity in the stance, that is for sure.

Life On Mars is based on a British series of the same name which screened here, but I never watched it. (The song is one of my favourites by David Bowie).

DonFan
10-11-2008, 10:41 PM
I watched the first episode of the US version of Life on Mars Thursday night and I liked it. It is set in 1973, smack-dab in the middle of my high school years, and watching the world of the 70s portrayed again was very interesting. Really brought back some memories!

Troubadour
10-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Oh, you must watch the British Life On Mars too! It's fantastic. Philip Glenister... :drool: (Sorry Don!)

Mrs Henley
10-12-2008, 10:28 AM
I think I have to search it all, don't know it at all :lol:

Maleah
10-12-2008, 05:10 PM
That is too funny because I just caught a few seconds of the show this past week and I saw that guy and did a double take! There's a new candidate to play young Glenn in a movie! lol

glenneaglesfan
10-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Love the lookalike! 'Scuse me while I search for the right photo!

TimothyBFan
10-12-2008, 06:42 PM
It freaked me out the other night when I saw this. Told my husband I was having a flashback to Glenn younger days!

Ive always been a dreamer
10-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Wow - that really is amazing how much that guy looks like young Glenn in that picture. It may be worth watching that show. We need to get some screenshots of him in action to complete a comprehensive comparison study. :shock: :wink:

sodascouts
10-15-2008, 06:46 PM
They have the full episode on line ABC.com (http://abc.go.com/player/index?pn=index), and I watched it last night.

The "live action" version is not nearly as hot as Glenn - he's a big oaf! Perhaps Glenn looked like that on a really, really bad day. lol

glenneaglesfan
10-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Slightly off topic - we've been watching a programme called 'Axemen' which is about various teams of loggers in ticky and wildthymes' own state of Oregon. There is one guy, called Duane Dethleffs ( corrrect me if I'm wrong) who sounds so much like Joe it's uncanny. Hearing his voice has me rushing in from the kitchen!

Troubadour
10-16-2008, 06:27 PM
They have the full episode on line ABC.com (http://abc.go.com/player/index?pn=index), and I watched it last night.

The "live action" version is not nearly as hot as Glenn - he's a big oaf! Perhaps Glenn looked like that on a really, really bad day. lol

How disappointing!

Glennsallnighter
10-16-2008, 06:51 PM
What a pity Soda, still it was worth the try I suppose!! I'd say Glenn :heart; would be a hard man to emulate!!

Molly
11-24-2008, 07:56 PM
Well, you're right, Nancy...the dectective on the show, Ray is nothing like Glenn (other than looks). He a total New Yawker cop with a very politcally incorrect point of view on life (not uncommon is 1973, I suppose).

I'm hooked on the show-(luckily it's supposed to come back in January) and now I'm hooked on watching anything Michael Imperioli has done in the past. Hopefully, Santa will bring me a few of the seasons of the Sopranos so I can see more of his character "Chris-ta-faw".

My Eyetalian Jersey buddy, Karen Z has warned me that I'm in for a "real education"!

Anyway, someone on the Life On Mars message board just noticed the resemblence to Glenn the other day. I thought...you're just getting this now?

Another fun thing for my family...one of the characters on the show, Windy (the hippy dippy next door neighbor to the main character) is played by a girl from our home town, Tanya Fischer. My son, Tom went to high school with her! His jaw dropped when he saw her (well, she was naked in the scene). He said, she always told everyone she was going to be a famous actress!

Wildthyme
11-24-2008, 09:45 PM
Slightly off topic - we've been watching a programme called 'Axemen' which is about various teams of loggers in ticky and wildthymes' own state of Oregon. There is one guy, called Duane Dethleffs ( corrrect me if I'm wrong) who sounds so much like Joe it's uncanny. Hearing his voice has me rushing in from the kitchen!

Wow.. you are so right! I had never thought about it but I went back and watched an online episode and it is amazing how much he sounds like Joe! :jawdrop:

ticky
11-25-2008, 01:48 AM
HOLEY CARP! what time and channel?? can I down load it? *G*

(there's an old joke about loggers stirring their coffee with their thumbs but its a little off color so Ill skip it *G*)

Wildthyme
11-25-2008, 01:54 AM
He SOUNDS like Joe.... but he doesn't looks one itty bitty bit like him... trust me...lol

But if you are still interested go to the History Channel website and watch the full episodes there. He is in all of them so far.

ticky
11-25-2008, 03:00 AM
Ok, I did.. and watched the first three episodes. I heard the Joey sound alike and he really did! but if you watch this show, you've seen my Home.. well, My home country. I live about 30 or 40 miles from where they're logging. It's all in the Tillamook Wilderness which is down highway 26 and up highway 8 from me (I've Traveled it many many times) I also know Gufstason's pretty well. My uncle and cousins in Eugene were all loggers and my cousin Patty worked for Gufstason's as an accountant. I could tell you all kinds of logging stories *G* My Uncle is a GREAT story teller (you can believe any of it but they're great stories) My grandfather lost his thumb to a logging accident back in the greenchain days. All the men in my family own or have owned cork boots and know how to use em. and by the way...It's Loggers, not lumber jacks *G*

Thanks for pointing this show out!! Im going to DVR it. I know my Uncle will love it!

Glennsallnighter
11-25-2008, 07:33 AM
My Uncle is a GREAT story teller (you can believe any of it but they're great stories)

I'll bet he is Ticky! I guess it runs in the family!!

TimothyBFan
11-25-2008, 08:15 AM
I'll bet he is Ticky! I guess it runs in the family!!

I was thinking the same thing when she said he was a great storytellers! Well duh!!! :hilarious:

tbs fanatic
11-25-2008, 10:39 AM
I must check that show out. As for Life on Mars - we are totally hooked on it. I wonder if the storyline gets resolved in the end or if it just continues on with him trying to figure it all out?

Molly
03-25-2009, 07:23 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/MichaelImperioli2.jpg

I don't know if anyone else has stuck with this show (Life On Mars) -but I love it!! And of course, ABC has cancelled it!! Tonight is the 2nd last show.

I'm sure they'll replace it with another fabulous reality show like "Bachelors with One Leg" or "Bowling With the Stars" or something equally as creative. :scowl:

DonFan
03-25-2009, 07:55 PM
NOOOOOOO! I love Life on Mars--they can't cancel it! :cry:

Brooke
03-26-2009, 10:11 AM
I don't know if anyone else has stuck with this show (Life On Mars) -but I love it!! And of course, ABC has cancelled it!! Tonight is the 2nd last show.

I'm sure they'll replace it with another fabulous reality show like "Bachelors with One Leg" or "Bowling With the Stars" or something equally as creative. :scowl:

Too funny, Molly, but you're probably right. It seems like tv has turned in to one big reality show. That's nearly all there is. :mad:

sodascouts
03-26-2009, 12:52 PM
Wow, what a shame! Well, let's hope they do the ending up right and let the poor guy wake up from his coma, or escape whatever phenomenon is holding him in the seventies.

DonFan
03-26-2009, 05:55 PM
Did y'all watch Life on Mars last night? They are tying up all the loose ends. They showed previews, and I am so glad that Sam and Annie finally kiss in next week's finale.

Molly
03-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Did y'all watch Life on Mars last night? They are tying up all the loose ends. They showed previews, and I am so glad that Sam and Annie finally kiss in next week's finale.

I'm glued to my set while this is on. No one is allowed to speak to me...I won't answer the phone...even the dogs have to lie down and be quiet for the hour. I need to concentrate on all the "clues". :headscratch::laugh:

I belong to the LOM messageboard over at ABC.com and the theories about how the show will end are endless. A lot of those people pick up on things I don't catch. I'm too busy checking out Michael Imperioli, I guess. ;-) I'm hoping the ending doesn't turn out to be too "science fiction-y". Someone on the board even thinks Annie is Mya's mother. ??? :hmm:

It was nice to see Tanya Fischer's character, Windy, featured again this past week. She's a high school friend of my son Tom. Her sister April says Tanya isn't allowed to tell the family how the series ends (it's in her contract to shhhhh) but April thinks Tanya is really an angel.

Btw, the series DVD will become available thru Amazon.com in September.

DonFan
03-28-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm the same way, Molly--glued to my set while it's on.
I will have to check out the LOM message board (quickly before the show ends :weep:) . I love the character of Sam and I hope to see him in another series soon.