PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday WildThyme!!

ticky
10-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Happy Birthday Cami!! Your only as old as you feel and you dont feel any older then 29 to me *G* Go spoil yourself girlie. Get a message from Lars the wonder stud or get a mani/pedi (ooo have em paint the Eagles logo on your fingernails!! that'd be so cool!!)
I have a great idea for a very special Birthday prize for you, but you know whats happening here today *gak* so I'll post it asap!!
Love ya!!

Mrs Henley
10-12-2008, 11:08 AM
Happy Birthday Cami!! Have a fabulous day!

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/mrshenley08/Eagles/264726429_5_T4Tbjpeg.jpg
Don: "Hey Glenn, I read here at my hand that we have a birthday party tonight!"

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/mrshenley08/Mr%20Frey/GFreySpent.jpg
"I will take a little nap before I'm going to rock Cami's birthday party"

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/mrshenley08/Mr%20Frey/Glenn.jpg
"This song is for Cami, it's a new version of Happy Birthday, written by myself when I was taking a shower. Happy Birthday to you Cami!"

sodascouts
10-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Happy Birthday!

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/GFreyNFASB01.jpg

Too cool!

Glennsallnighter
10-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Happy Birthday from me too Cami! Have a great day with you family friends and Ticky!! (Thats NOT to say she's NOT a friend)

'How long more before Cami's party?'

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/HowLong28.jpg

'Can we come too or will we be done for Gatecrashing?'

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/eagles1996trunkshoot.jpg

'So glad you allowed us in Cami! Allow me to sing 'Happy Birthday' to you'

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/crosslake.jpg

2 hours later...................

'Looks like everyones occupied nicely......'
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/8.jpg

Have a great day Cami!!!!!

DonFan
10-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Happy birthday, Cami!

glenneaglesfan
10-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Happy Birthday, WildThyme! In honour of your username, here's a Dublin shot for you!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/Glenn/glennSWsmile2.jpg

Troubadour
10-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Happy Birthday! I hope it's a WILD one!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/GlennFreyCute-2.jpg

Freypower
10-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Have fun rolling around the purple heather, WT:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Dublin/WMT12.jpg

Ive always been a dreamer
10-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Man - I was going to pic a Dublin screenshot as well to wish you a wonderful birthday, WildThyme, but since it's already been done, I'll fast forward to the present and feature Mr. Cool wishing you his best! :wink:

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/GFreyNokia07.jpg

Brooke
10-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Here's wishing you a wonderful birthday, WildThyme! :birthday:

GlennLover
10-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Happy Birthday Cami! I think GA, Troub & GEF have it all covered!

Stephanie
10-13-2008, 01:31 AM
Happy Birthday Cami! I hope you had a good day

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m58/air2dream/birthday/77.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/StevieNicksFan/Glenn%20Frey/hfo093.jpg

ticky
10-13-2008, 02:33 AM
Well, crap I had a great story going, something freaked on my computer and its GONE!!!!! #*$))^)$&*&@#^%^$**(%))_&+_++$)%*&#&^
"scuse my language.. grrrr.... Ok.. its after midnight and its been a crappy night so Im going to bed... I do promise, I have a WONDERFUL gift if I can MANAGE to get it on paper.. uhh... monitor, I'll do it tomorrow.. uhh.. today.. sheesh.. you know what I mean...

Hope you had a great bday. Sue has Happy Happy Cami!!!
love ya!

Wildthyme
10-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Thanks for all the birthday wishes. And for all the Glenn pics... hubba hubba... he's so hot and yet so cute and adorable too!

Prettymaid
10-13-2008, 01:53 PM
Sexy Glenn wants to sing Happy Birthday To You, Wildthyme!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Solo%20Years/AllnighterTourbook.jpg

Hope you enjoy your day!

eaglesvet
10-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Have a great day...don't do anything "our boys" wouldn't do!;):cheers:

Molly
10-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Hope you had a wonderful birthday, Cami!

thelongrun
10-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Yo WildThyme! Feliz Cumpleaņos, Bring the Beer! :pimp:

ticky
10-14-2008, 12:04 AM
Ok Cami cami bo bami.. FINALLY the MIL is on her way home, the kid is occupado watching Sponge Bob and Mommy has a spare moment!! YEA!! NOW maybe I can REwrite the birthday pressy I have for you *G* hope you enjoy.

It'd been 20 years now. She hadnt seen him at all in all that time. It'd just been one night, one long cold wonderful night. They'd fallen in love. She was sure of that. She knew she'd fallen, she'd fallen hard and she was pretty sure he had too, but then twenty years has a way of distorting the facts, or even the perceived facts. She only knew for sure how she felt and for the last twenty years she'd felt pretty empty.
She'd just been a kid. 25 years old, fresh from college. Her business stats professor had recommended her for a job as an executive assistant to a banking exec in San Fransisco. Very few students her age had an opportunity like this and the likelyhood that she'd be hired was small but she would have been nuts to pass it by. SO she went. She'd been humiliated, frozen and left to rot in a little town just south of the Oregon border. First the interview. She'd gone. She'd seen the head of Human Resource and interviewed with the man himself, Mr. Banker-man, Mr. Im-too-God-Damn-Wonderful-for-the-likes-of-you. He'd made her feel about three inches high. HE actually told her he'd only interviewed her as a favor for his old friend, her Business Stats professor. He'd all but laughed her out of his office. But she'd showed him, she hadn't cried! Well, not till she'd gotten back down to her little honda. Then she couldnt keep it in any longer. They were angry tears though, not defeated, sad tears. She was very well qualified for that job. In fact probably overly qualified and that man was a horses ass!
She left and headed home. She'd decided she'd just drive back and forget the cost of a hotel for the night. BAD IDEA! She'd gotten as far as Weed, California and the road was closed. CLOSED??? This was INTERSTATE 5 FOR CRIPES SAKE!!!She'd forgotten about the Southern Siskyous and their awful spring weather. If it snowed, you were screwed till morning. HOW could she have forgotten that??? she'd grown up in the Rogue Valley smack dab in the MIDDLE of the damn mountains! She tried to find that hotel room in Weed, but there was no room at the Inn, or the hotel, or the Motel or the seedy no-tell motel just off the freeway. No bed and breakfasts, hostels or backrooms she could just curl up on a burlap sack and rest a few hours!!!! the only place open in town was a small greasy all night diner right next to no-tell motel and IT was packed! she was lucky to find a booth to herself and now she sat glaring into her cup of tea as if it were to blame for all the injustice she'd run up against in the last 24 hours. Life sucked. Thats probably why she hadnt noticed the bell on the front door ring, well it'd been ringing all night so that was easy to ignore. She also hadnt heard the small "Uh, excuse me, Miss?". It wasnt until the slightly louder "AHEM..." she'd looked up. There was a large moustache looking down at her. The moustache was connected to the loveliest long straight nose that culminated in a beautiful pair of dark brown eyes lined with long dark lashes. Just beneath the moustache was a a luscious mouth that was moving, sound was emminating from it, she knew. If she could only deciefer what those sounds meant. She shook her self and realized that this beautiful man was talking! "..and as you can see all the other seats are taken. I was hoping you might be willing to share your large booth with a fellow weary compatriot lost in this blizzard?" He grinned a grin. It said "see how handsome, charming and sincere I am? Please Oh please see how handsome, charming and sincere I am."
Cami blinked at the man a few times then closed her mouth and smiled.
"OH, Im sorry! Yes, of course, please have a seat!"
The man moved slowly but like a languid cat. He wore a fleece jacket and gloves that had never before seen the cold. Probably directly out of the Eddie Bauer catalog. The man scooted in to the seat across from Cami and smiled that "I need to be loved" smile again. "Thank you so much! I have been out in my car for the last three hours listening to the radio off and on waiting for the weather report. Looks like we're stuck here till morning!"
Cami looked down into her tea and smiled. "You're not from around here, are you?"
Mr. Shearling Coat looked at her. "Is it that obvious?" he asked a bit sheepishly.
Cami couldnt help but smile at him. He was adorable. "Well, kind of. Your coat has never seen a cold winter. The Siskyou's ALWAYS snow in in the spring and you should never stay in your car in a snow storm if there's warm shelter readily available." Cami grinned an appologetic grin at him and he blushed slightly but smiled.
He opened two creamers and dumped them into his coffee and then three sugars and poured them in. Cami watched everything he did. He was elegant and beautiful to watch.
They talked for a long time. They laughed and debated. They heatedly discussed and confessed. He'd warmed up and took off his gloves. He'd admired a ring Cami was wearing and took her hand to look closely at it, but he never gave her back her hand. They sat in the booth, leaning over the table holding hands and talking in quiet whispers. He admired her eyes and her hair. He wanted to know more about her school and her job interview. He confirmed her belief that the man she'd interviewed with WAS, In fact, a true horses ass. They gazed longingly into each others eyes. Why WAS this damn table here anyway?? Somehow the jukebox came to life and he asked her to dance. She blushed at the thought of dancing in the crowded diner, but when she looked around, there was only two other people in the diner, in a back booth, talking quietly and they didnt seem to notice the two of them. Cami didnt know of care where or why everyone else was gone. They were the only two people in the world. He took her in his arms as the slow rhythmic tones of a bass guitar hummed through the diner "...and I cant tell you why... noo baby..." she leaned into him and he wrapped his arm around her and ran his other hand into her hair, pulling her face very close. His lips brushed her ear as he sang soflty with the music. He had a wonderful, sexy voice with a tinge of southern accent. His breath brushed her hair and his hand caressed her face, her neck her shoulder, his lips following close behind. She was melting like a popcicle in his arms and she wanted nothing more then to spend the night, the rest of the day, the rest of her life with this man.
He tilted her head upward to look directly into his eyes and pulled her close. They kissed, deep, slow, long. He pulled away, his breath shallow and slow, matching her own and whispered "I love you..." so softly almost like a breath itself.
"me too.. " she echo'd.
They kissed again, just brushing lips and sharing their breath. The front door bell jingled and hearty laughes and jovial exchanges were taking place behind them. It shattered their reverie and and small bits of the conversation was getting through.
"...pass is clear and they're letting cars and trucks through." A large man with a John Deere cap said.
They looked at each other. They both knew they'd have to go on with their own lives now, but now everything was different.
He leaned forward and touched his forehead to hers. They closed their eyes. He whispered, his voice choking "I have to go."
"me too." she said, tears filling her eyes.
He suddenly glanced up at her. "Meet me here?"
"when?" hope made her eyes wide.
A look of consternation crossed his face and he let out a deep sigh.
"Im on my way to an important meeting in Portland. If it goes well, I may not be in this country for more then a year!"
Cami's face started to crumble but he lifted her chin to look at him.
"One year. Meet me in one year. Come hell or high water, I'll be here"
She smiled. He kissed her. They walked out into the melting snow and found her car. He put her in, kissed her again and restated. "One year." and she drove away.
http://www.eaglesfans.com/visuals/frey_photo_galleries/random/R7.jpg
More to come,...

Wildthyme
10-14-2008, 12:25 AM
nooooooooooooooooooooo..... it can't end like that! Please tell me there is more and that I don't have to wait a year like in the story :fear:

ticky
10-14-2008, 12:55 AM
Jiminy Christmas Peas n carrots woman!! Im not a machine!! I needed a break hehehehe I'll get back to your little bucket of lust in a short while!! you want quality or just cheap tawdry encounters, one after another, night after night, hot and sweaty and .. see?? there I go again.. I need a drink...

Peekaboo
10-14-2008, 01:07 AM
From me to you, I wish you a very Happy Birthday WildThyme!! I hope your day is a great one.

Wildthyme
10-14-2008, 02:21 AM
Well you had me worried there.. thought maybe you were going to make me wait until my next birthday for the rest of the story :stunned:

And thanks everyone for all the good wishes and great pictures!! :grouphug:

Glennsallnighter
10-14-2008, 05:03 AM
Keep it going Ticky!! I need to know what happens too!

ticky
10-14-2008, 01:24 PM
It had now been one year and it had NOT been easy. He was all she could think of, those eyes, those hands, those lips. Cami sighed deeply and rushed out to her car. She tossed in the small overnight case and jumped behind the wheel. She was nervous, she couldnt wait she was a bundle of conflicting emotions. Would he be there? If he wasnt, she'd die.
She drove and kept having to remind herself to slow down. Traffic was fierce and the weather wasnt wonderful. OH NO! the Weather!! She'd been so obsessed with seeing him again she hadnt even thought about the weather. She got just south of Mount Ashland before she saw the sign. "ROAD CLOSED" She stopped. She cried. She drove back to Ashland, to her little house and locked the door. She'd try again in the morning. She left at 4am with no sleep. The road was open now but she got to Weed and the greasy little diner and he wasnt there. Evidently the man with the John Deere Hat recognized her because he said "Hey! I recognize you!"
Cami smiled a tight nervous smile at the man. "I was supposed to meet someone here yesterday but the road was closed."
The John Deere man Smiled a big missing tooth smile at her. "A good looking fella? with a big cheesy moustache?"
Cami's eyes went wide. "YES! is he here?"
The John Deere man grinned at her. "He was! Yesterday. He came in and stayed for three hours. Drank four cups of coffee then left!"
Cami nearly fainted. Mr. John Deere grabbed her before she hit the floor and sat her in a chair. The Waitress brought her a glass of water.
"You ok? here sip this.." John Deere gave her the water. Cami held it loosely and nearly dropped it. John held it to her lips and told her to sip.
"Was he someone important?" John Deere asked her.
"Yeah," said Cami, "My future."
Cami didnt remember too much after that. She didnt have a name or address to look up. She just had an image in her head. The next twenty years were all pretty much routine except for thoughts of him which she had every day.
Cami had landed a dream job though. She was an executive producer for the Oregon Shakespearean Theater in Ashland, Oregon. The job was more executive then producer but she had her hands in all aspects of the theater. She worked with directors and actors, maintenance, sales and bookings and she loved it. She got to live (very well I might add) in Ashland, which by her and most other standards, was the most beautiful place on earth. She had good friends and a dog, a nice home and was pretty secure in her future. She was alone, however. There'd been men, one a famous actor! but she was in love with mystery man. He was out there somewhere and as long as she knew that, she couldnt commit seriously to anyone else.
So here she was, twenty years later leaning her forehead against the glass of the music store feeling herself slowly sinking staring at the poster in the window. A sepia image of four men standing in a desert. The front one.... it was him! Dear God, HIM!
Cami's friend Rhonda caught her before she hit the ground and lead her to a chair at a sidewalk cafe next door to the music store.
"CAMI! girl!! wake up!! you ok?" Rhonda held a glass of water to her and looked like a deer in headlights.
Cami looked at her as if she didnt understand a word she was saying. "yeah, im ok. The poster..."
Rhonda sat in the chair next to her, holding on to her shoulder just in case she slipped again.
"what? The Eagles?" Rhonda grinned. She'd had a life long obsession with those boys. "They're wonderful! You want to go see them with with me? They're playing at Britt!"
Cami looked at Rhonda dumbfounded. "Who's the front guy? what's his name?"
Rhonda looked at the poster and smiled. "That's Glenn Frey. Isnt he hot?" Rhonda paused " you mean.... Glenn Frey??? is HIM??????? OH.. MY... GOD!! CAMI!!! are you sure????"
Cami looked at Rhonda as if she'd just sprouted antlers. "you'd think I'd forget?"
Rhonda smiled wanly, "well, it has been twenty years! People change! maybe Glenn just looks like your guy?"
Cami glared at Rhonda.
"Ok, ok, it's him. Let's go see him!"
Cami laughed "And how do we do that? That show's been sold out for months."
Rhonda sighed. Cami was a wonderful person but honest to a fault sometimes.
"Just in this special and unique case, dont you think that maybe you could pull a few official strings and get us some VIP passes? I mean it's NOT like it's for our own enjoyment. This is important! ... Cami.. it's HIM! you have to go see him."
Cami looked worried and scared. The color had drained from her face and her eyes watered over. "What if he doesnt want to see me? I wasnt there, remember?"
Rhonda looked into Cami's eyes and leaned close. "You've got to try. No matter what happens, you've got to try."
Cami nodded but her color was still off, so they had a few glasses of wine and talked about him and that night, the concert and Rhonda caught Cami up on everything she knew about Glenn.
He was single, again. He'd been married twice and neither of those marriages had lasted long. He had two children, a boy about 12 and a girl about 16. Both from his first marriage (this is fantasy, Im allowed to take liberties so :P~~) He was about to turn 60. Cami hadnt known this! He was so much older, well that wasnt important. Rhonda didnt have too much more information about him except he had a house in LA and one in Maui. She knew a lot more about some guy in the band named Joe. Her eyes got all sparkly when she talked about him. UGH! Cami looked at him on the poster. She though he was kind of goofy looking. Not like Glenn who was so handsome.

When she got back to her office she called Maya, who was the director of the Britt Festival in Jacksonville just a few miles away. Britt was associated with the OSF and Maya and Cami had worked together on many projects in the past and Cami had a lot of respect for Maya and the feeling was mutual.
"Hey Maya, it's Cami. How are you?"
She listened to the phone chatter away for a minute.
"Great! that is wonderful news! Britt is such a great event you guys should be selling out every year! Listen Maya, I have a special favor to ask of you. I dont normally do this, but this is a kind of special situation. I need two VIP passes for The Eagles."
Cami listened and her face fell.
"Yeah, of course it is. It was sold out months ago. Silly of me to ask..."
She stopped and the chatter on the line flowed quickly.
"Yeah? really? OH Maya! that would be wonderful!!"
Again the chatter flew by Cami's ear.
"Yes! oh that's great news! YOU, my dear friend, have season passes awaiting you at the box office! Thank you! you have no idea what this means!"
Cami hung up the phone and did a little happy dance.
Maya hadnt had any VIP passes, but she had had two Family and Friends passes. EVEN BETTER!!! they meant full access!! SHE was going to see Glenn again!
She called Rhonda
"Guess what? Maya gave me TWO Family and Friends passes!"
soft talk on the other end. Rhonda was obviously working. She was a writer and as such kept the room as quiet as she could when she worked and disdained interruptions.
"whats that mean? it MEANS we're going to MEET Glenn! and all the others too!"
Cami held the phone out from her ear as Rhonda screamed and dropped the phone. Cami could hear Rhonda happy dancing in the background. She could hear the pot and wooden spoon banging away (it's a Rhonda thing). Soon she was back on the line.
Yea... uhhuh.. I dont know... I dont know.. well mayb...uhh... yeah.. no.. I dont know.. Rhonda.. RHONDA!... sheesh... Ok.. look I have to run but next week ok? Want to do lunch tomorrow? Ok.. see you then.. RHONDA?? (damn pot and spoon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX3ePAOUK7U)) RHONDA! .. sheesh... "
Cami hung up the phone.
WHAT would she wear? She and Rhonda would have to go shopping. Not that that was a hardship. Shopping was what they did best.

Cami stopped by the music store on her way home and looked at the poster again. He hadnt changed at all. Well, the moustache was gone, too bad, she'd miss that, and his hair was shorter, but it was him. She bought every Eagles and Glenn Frey CD the store carried and ordered the rest. She stuck one in the player in her car and started listening. She was surprised at how many of the songs she knew! She had no idea the Eagles were such a part of American culture! These were songs everyone knew! She got home and loaded her Ipod with every Eagles and Glenn Frey song she had. She fell asleep listening to Peaceful Easy Feeling and woke up to Get Over It.

She hadnt been in this good of a mood for years and her co-workers were a little suspicious. She had gotten the stink-eye from her assistant and one of the more challenging directors when she'd laughed and patted his cheek in a familiar way when he'd asked for another $10,000 for his production of As you Like It, and both nearly fell down when she'd agreed to the over run!

"um, Cami?" her assistant was very careful. Cami was a good boss, fair and smart, but she worked very hard and expected the same from everyone she surrounded herself with. "are you sure you want to approve the over run on that production? The budget is already $15,000 over!"
"Oh Suzanne, it's fine. As You Like It is a Shakespearean play! this is the Shakespearean Festival. First of all, a Shakespeare play at the festival will pull in well over 3 million dollars in a season and sell out nearly every night, and secondly, Im the boss, and I say so!"
Cami patted Suzanne's head patronizingly and opened the door to her office. "Im expecting an envelope from Britt. Please send it in as soon as it arrives."
She went into the office and shut the door.
Cami's office was plush. It was on the back side of the Angus Bowmer Theater with large windows that over looked the park and the mall. Her desk was mahogany and had once been Angus's himself! She had discovered it at an estate sale years ago when she was just an executive assistant to the executive producer. It had cost her more then she could afford, but it was beautiful and when she was cleaning it up, she discovered, stuck to the top of the drawer, an original sketch of the Elizabethan Stage. It was originally an exact replica of the one in Stratford on the Avon. Of course it had changed over the years, but the most recent remodel, the one under Cami's strict eye, was actually the closest to the original design that Angus had drawn. She always wondered, when that remodel was taking place while she was sitting here at Angus's desk, in Angus's old office, if she hadnt been channeling him just a bit. Either way, she knew he'd be proud of the theater today.

There was a knock on Cami's office door as she sat down at ther desk and began to boot up her computer.
"Come!" she barked and in ran Suzanne.
"Your package is here!" Suzanne placed it on the desk and looked at Cami, then at the fat manilla envelope, then back at Cami.
Cami looked at Suzanne. "umm.. thanks, you should get back to your desk in case someone wants to see me or something."
Suzanne's jaw dropped then she smiled. "Right!" and scuttled out of the room.
"SUZANNE!"
"yeah?"
"shut the door?"
"Right"
She shut the door. Suzanne wasnt the sharpest crayon in the box, but Cami had felt sorry for her. One of these days she would find a job a little less challenging for the poor woman. Maybe something in Props or wardrobe. Cami looked at the door and shook her head.
She picked up the envelope and fingered it lovingly. This was it. In one week she'd see him again. Would he WANT to see her? What would she say? Her hands were shaking and this was just the tickets!
She opened the envelope. Two lanyards with laminated passes fell out. The passes had stylized eagles on them and the initials LROOE on them. Cami knew this meant Long Road out of Eden. She had the CD with her in fact and she took it out and popped it into the player by her desk. The beautiful tones of the four harmonious voices and guitars filled the air. She closed her eyes and drifted with the beautiful music. A short wile later there was a knock on the door. Cami sat up and realized she'd been sitting there lost in those voices for some time.
"Come." she said straightening her hair and sitting up.
Suzanne entered. "Your friend is here for lunch?"
Cami started. "Lunch? what time is it?" Cami looked at her watch. It was 12:30. She'd been there listening to Glenn sing just for her for more then three hours!
"It's about 12:30" Suzanne said.
"yeah, got it, thanks Suzanne. Send Rhonda in please."

more to come, I gotta do the Mommy thing for a few *G*

Wildthyme
10-14-2008, 01:48 PM
The woman could be a professional writer... *G* Can't wait for part 3 hehe

Glennsallnighter
10-14-2008, 05:07 PM
She COULD!!! This is Fantastic. I can't wait for my Birthday!!!

Prettymaid
10-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Will Cami meet Glenn?
Will Glenn want to meet Cami?
Will Rhonda meet Joe?
Will Suzanne get a clue?

Stay tuned for the next episode of Cami's Birthday Surprise!

eaglesvet
10-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Ticky, I've said it before as I was delving into The Long Story, you definitely have a talent for intriguing writing, and could turn this into a second career! Keep it comin'; and take all the poetic license you need to keep everyone happy!:)

eaglesvet
10-14-2008, 07:46 PM
And I'm assuming the Siskyous are a mountain range in Oregon? Or Calif?

ticky
10-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Will Cami meet Glenn?
Will Glenn want to meet Cami?
Will Rhonda meet Joe?
Will Suzanne get a clue?

Stay tuned for the next episode of Cami's Birthday Surprise!

Answers to these questions and MORE! Yes, Yes, HELL yeah! not a chance...

Rhonda slipped into the office and into Cami's "guest" chair behind Suzanne making her do the doggie turn-around trick and giggle when she saw her sitting there. Rhonda smiled a somewhat unsincere smile at the poor clueless woman. Suzanne shut the door behind her.
"Sheesh Cami, you really need to find a new assistant."
Cami looked at the closed door and sighed. "yeah, I know. I feel sorry for her. Who's going to hire her? Anyway, here."
Cami tossed one of the laminated passes. Rhonda caught it and did a small pot and spoonless happy dance.
"Im gonna meet Joe, Your gonna meet Glenn!! We're gonna get soooommee" she sang.
Cami just looked at her friend and shook her head.
"you're such a dork."
"Yeah!" Rhonda grinned "But a lucky Dork! whooo let the dogs out WOO WOO!" (she was still dancing)
Cami sat behind her desk and put her head in her hands.
Rhonda stopped dancing and looked at her friend puzzled.
"Ummm... you dont seem quite as excited as you ..perhaps SHOULD be? wassup?"
Cami kept her head down and shook it. "I dont know. Im so nervous. What if he hates me? What if he doesnt remember any of it?"
Rhonda sat in the chair and smiled at her friend.
"Ok, first of all, lets break it down. You two met, you spent the night dancing and making out in a diner, HE said he loved you first! It was HIS idea to meet in a year, HE was there! I think He'll remember you."
"and he'll hate and resent me." she said to her desk.
"Hmm.. do you think he's that stupid? really? I mean dont you think he'd figure out that the traffic south had been stopped?"
Cami looked up at her friend. Obviously this was an idea she hadnt thought of.
"I hadnt thought of that. So, then, why didnt he wait for me? or come looking for me later?"
Rhonda scooted behind the desk and took over Cami's computer. "I dont know, lets find out!"
They googled, they researched and they discovered that Glenn had had a solo career that had taken off and right around 1989-1990 he had spent a good amount of time touring overseas (poetic licence.. this is Cami world).
"Well, he wasnt even in the country! Thats why he couldnt stay" Rhonda had her nose pressed to the screen. They'd discovered a web site filled with fun facts, information and pictures of the Eagles called Eagles Online Central and Rhonda was knee deep in Joe.
Cami took one look at her friend and said
"Order in?"
Rhonda said
"yup"
Cami poked her head out at Suzanne and said "Pizza?"
Suzanne said "No thanks. I had tuna"
Cami bowed her head and closed her eyes. "No Suzanne, for us. Will you please order a pizza"
Suzanne giggled "Oh, ok! peperoni?"
"yes, please"

Rhonda called to her friend from the desk
"Come look at this."
There he was. Exactly as she remembered. The moustache, those eyes, lips smile. Cami sat down hard on her chair. She'd lost control of her knees.
"I cant do this. I'm going to see him and pee myself or loose control of my legs or all my bodily functions!"
"Or, he'll see you and feel the same and he'll take you in his arms kiss you and never let you go! them he'll introduce your HOT friend to HIS HOT friend and we'll make babies!!"
Cami looked at her friend.
"Babies? really? you want babies?"
Rhonda thought.
"Well, no. been there, done that. But it sure would be fun trying!"
Eventually the pizza came and they ate it.
"I'm thinking this would be a really bad time to go shop for clothes to wear to the concert." Cami said looking at the empty pizza box and her friend with a slice in her hand and her nose pressed to the monitor.
"eh... "
Cami shook her head again.
"Well, Im going to go down to wardrobe and see if they've finished the costumes updates for Othello. Work goes on. Dont get grease on my keyboard."
"huh.."
Cami left her friend comatose staring at the monitor and pictures of the blond goofy looking guy. Maybe she'd look for an outfit after work. Wardrobe was in the basement far corner from her office so about as far from her office as you can get and still be in the Bowmer theater. Stella was down there. She was a very nice and talented woman, but nearly a troll as far as Cami could tell. She wasnt sure she ever left wardrobe but she was an extremely talented woman. Cami looked over her work and it was flawless. Every seam was bound and the stitches were tiny. Cami admired the woman's work so much, she told her about her delema. Stella beamed at Cami.
"I can help you!" she lead her to a back room and took out a measuring tape.
"Now lets see.." she measured Cami's waist and hips and Bust.
"Oh my!" said the old woman and smiled knowingly at Cami. Cami blushed deeply. She'd been plagued with what her sister had called her "endowments" and Cami had always referred to as her back aches.
Stella brought out a dress, simple but elegant. Satin and asian in design. A kind of periwinkle blue with a jade and rose pattern in it that made the green in Cami's eyes sparkle.
"Wow! Stella! this is beautiful! But I doubt it will fit."
Stella smiled.
"Come back tomorrow. It will fit like it was a part of you."
Cami agreed and returned to her office.
Rhonda was still there pouring over the monitor and now Suzanne was standing over her shoulder, both were giggling and watching videos on youtube.
"Ok. thats enough." Cami said standing in the door to her office. Suzanne popped up and scuttled out the door to her own desk. Rhonda looked up and said "Come here, you got to see this."
"What I've got to do is some work! this concert is occupying all my time!"
Rhonda looked at her friend with raised eyebrows.
"Uh huh, and what's more important is.....???"
Cami cracked a smile. She was right. Finding Glenn was the most important thing in her life right now, but loosing her job would be bad.
"Your right. Finding Glenn IS whats most important right now, but loosing my job means loosing those passes!! you want me to risk that?"
Rhonda jumped up from the computer and walked back around the desk. She scooped up her pass from the desk top.
"I'll just hang on to this" and smiled at her friend. She walked to the door and opened it.
"I'll let you get back to work. I need to do some work too! Call me when you're done! BYE!" she waved over her shoulder as she left.
Cami sat at her computer and wiped the grease off her keyboard. Some strange unicorn video was playing with dancing candy and strange looking stop gap annimation. Cami closed the browser and opened her email. The next few hours she attempted to return some emails but she was pretty sure what she sent out was pretty much nonsense. Her mind was gone, out there at the Britt center 4 days from now.
The next 3 days were pretty much the same thing. Stella finished her dress and it did fit perfectly and she looked amazing in it. She braided her hair in a tight braid that somehow hung loosely around her face and looked like spun silk. She looked stunning. The day of the concert was here. Rhonda knocked on her door and Cami answered. Rhonda was wearing very worn jeans with strategic holes in her backside and knees. An Eagles tshirt from the 70s (vintage she said) tied in a knot at her waist biker chick boots and several chains and pendants and last but not least, guitar pick earrings. Somehow, she pulled it off! It looked great! but it was a huge contrast to Cami's well polished elegant look. They were both striking, in opposite directions.
Rhonda giggled when she saw Cami.
"You look great! Between the two of us, we'll knock em dead" and she grinned that grin that only Rhonda could get away with.
Cami shook out her hands and her face
"Oh I am so nervous. You've got to help me get through this."
"No problem" Rhonda took her by the elbow and began to lead her towards Cami's new forest green Mercedes.
"WAIT! why are we taking my new car? Why cant we take yours?"
"My Mini? you really want to look like that and drive up in my mini? I mean it's a cute car, but you look like a million bucks! The mini's more like a buck fifty."
Cami gave her friend a sideways glance.
"and what does that mean for you?"
Rhonda grinned.
"Getting out of your car will just make me look like a Rock Star!"
Cami sighed. She couldnt win.
"If my car gets scratched, you're paying for it!"
"We've got passes, that means VIP parking. NOT a problem!" more grinning. Cami knew this would mean trouble.

Jacksonville was packed! Traffic was a nightmare but they did indeed have VIP valet parking. Cami was very hesitant to give up her keys to the young man, but Rhonda took them from her hand, replaced them with a valet ticket and towed her towards the VIP entrance. ....

OOOOOO what now??

ticky
10-14-2008, 08:30 PM
And I'm assuming the Siskyous are a mountain range in Oregon? Or Calif?
yeah, the mountain range surrounding Ashland and the Rogue Valley. It's where Cami and I went to school and where she still lives! It's true that it does snow in every spring and winter and they close the passes at the drop of a hat.

and thanks *G*

Wildthyme
10-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Hey Chaaaaaaaaarly..... We're going on an adventure Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaarly......

Boy this is getting fun *G*

The Siskiyou's are the mountain range on the Oregon California border. The pass over them can be a nightmare anytime from November through April because it is the highest point on I-5 and its also very steep and a snowstorm can shut things down in the blink of an eye...

ticky
10-15-2008, 02:05 AM
Whew... Sarah has three days off from school. I *may* not have as much time as I was HOPING to finish this and work on the long story, but I'll do what I can do!!

There were so many people here to see The Eagles/Glenn and it was a little intimidating. What would a man who has earned the adoration of so many people want to have anything to do with the likes of her, Cami was thinking to herself. She almost turned back except for the firm hand of her friend on her elbow pulling her along. Cami was grateful for Rhonda being there, although she suspected that she was mostly there in hopes of meeting the blond goofy looking guy, ...mostly. At the ticket window they showed their passes and were directed to a door flanked with security guards. they flashed their passes and were let in without question. A long hall was in front of them and led to a grassy area behind the stage.The Britt was an outdoor auditorium. A small sign pointed to the preferred seating for friends and family and they headed that way walking slowly as to take in all the sights. Cami was glancing behind her and spinning slowly as she walked and she heard a familiar voice.
She hadn't heard any words, just his voice and she froze. She grasped Rhonda's arm for support.
"OW! What?" Rhonda Turned around to see her friends face go ashen. She grabbed her shoulder and held her firm.
"Whoa, steady there girly. Whats wrong?"
"Listen!"
Rhonda Listened and heard a man talking, then laugh. Both the ladies turned towards the sound and there he was. He had his back to them and was talking to a man in a black suit. A blond man. Rhonda grabbed Cami
"It's HIM!!"
"I know!"
"No, I mean it's JOE!"
Cami glared at Rhonda. She looked blankly back. She caught on.
"OH right!, Him! Well, now's your chance. Mine too!! Lets go talk to them!"
Cami froze.
"I cant."
"Sure you can! Come on. I'll talk first, ok?"
But they didnt need to. Rhonda glanced over and the blond man was watching them and smiling wide. Rhonda smiled back and the man winked. At this, Glenn turned around. He saw the two women standing there and laughed softly to himself at Joe's flirtations and started to turn back around. Then he stopped.
He turned around and looked at the women again. Cami had started to walk away, convinced he hadnt remembered her.
"Wait!" a male voice called out behind her. She stopped. Her heart was pounding like a drum and she couldnt catch her breath. She felt a hand on her shoulder and she turned to look into those beautiful eyes again.
"it is... its you!" Glenn looked at her and his eyes were filled with tears. He wrapped her in his arms and pulled her tight. She wrapped her arms around him and held him close, smelling him, taking everything about him in like a sponge. Even if she never got to see him again, she'd remember every sight, every smell, every feeling, his warmth, his breathing, his very essence would be ingrained in her as much as her own soul was.He held her as if he would do the same thing. It seemed like hours they just held on to each other.
"Where have you been?" Glenn whispered into her ear. His lips brushing against her skin. His warm breath brushing her hair aside.
She laughed between her tears. "Right here! where were you."
He laughed too and she was surprised to find some of the warmth coming from him were tears as well.
"I waited as long as I could. I had to leave and I went to Japan that night. I didnt know what to do. I knew you couldnt get there, but I stayed, just hoping against hope that maybe, somehow..." He looked at her and wiped her tear away with his thumb then brushed her hair from her face with his finger tips, running his fingers down her cheek and across her jaw line.
"I've missed you so much" He lifted her chin and leaned in close. He brushed her lips with his and whispered "I still love you."
Cami leaned into him as he held her and molded her body to his. His lips were warm and his body was hot. His arm, strong and firm around her. His words seem to penetrate her very fiber and become a part of her and without thought her body, mind and soul echo'd his words. "I still love you too. I always have. I always will." and their kiss deepened.
Rhonda stood back and watched. Tears ran down her face. A clean tissue was dangling in front of her and she looked to see a kind, handsome face, and the big hands that held the tissue. Rhonda smiled at Joe.
"Thank you"
"you're welcome. I guess your friend and Glenn know each other?"
Rhonda smiled again.
"yeah, it's a long, beautiful, sad, wonderful story."
Joe watched Rhonda dab her tears.
"Do you think maybe after the show we could have a cup of coffee and you could tell me about it?"
Rhonda blushed and grinned. Joe loved it.
"I'd love to."
The two watched Glenn and Cami cradle eachother completely unaware of the world around them. Rhonda was moved to tears again and Joe put his arm around her to comfort her. She was comforted.
Glenn pulled back from Cami and lifted her face to look at him. He leaned in and whispered in to her ear. She smiled and nodded. He kissed her soft and long, brushed her hair from her face and walked back towards his dressing room. He grabbed Joe along the way who smiled and nodded at Rhonda.
"After, then?"
"I'll be here!" Rhonda said and smiled.
Cami didnt seem to be to aware of anyone but Glenn, but when he disappeared in to his room, she finally noticed Rhonda standing there grinning at her. She had a smile on her face that she couldnt stop. No matter how hard she tried it wouldnt go away and nothing seemed real. She looked at Rhonda.
"He still loves me!"
Rhonda Grinned
"I know"
"Im meeting him here after the show."
"Me too! Joe I mean."
Cami just stood there looking after Glenn. Rhonda finally led her to their seats. They were right next to the stage and Glenn was so close he kept looking down and winking at Cami. A few times Joe, who was on the opposite side of the stage, made his way that way to grin and wink at Rhonda. He even mouthed "After" at her once and she blew him a kiss.
The concert was wonderful and the music was excellent but both ladies were anxious for it to be over. Cami to be with the man she loved and talk about what future they might have together and Rhonda to get to know Joe better.
It was only when Glenn sat right in front of Cami and sang "No More Rainy Days" directly to her did either woman pay more then a passing interest to the music. Cami melted. Rhonda Sighed. This would make a great book!

ticky
10-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Ok Girl, let's wrap this up... *G* (you thought it was done didnt you? *G* Nahh.. thats too easy..*G*)

After the concert Cami and Rhonda headed back stage, but the crowd was overwhelming and it took some elbows, mumbled "scuse me"'s and a few not so polite words to get to the back stage roped off area. Some words and a flash of their passes let them back stage and they headed to the dressing area. Glenn's door was shut and Cami was about to knock when they heard raised voices. A woman's voice. Glenn's voice. There was an ugly fight happening just beyond the door. Cami stood with her fist prepared to knock and looked ashen and afraid. She looked at Rhonda who pulled her back away from the door and walked to Joe's door. Rhonda Knocked.
"Yeah! Come in!" Joe's voice echo'd
Rhonda opened the door tentatively and Joe was changing. His shirt was unbuttoned and he was holding a fresh clean t-shirt.
"OH hey!" He smiled at the two women then noticed the worried look on Cami's face.
"Come in and have a seat. I know it sounds pretty bad next door. Glenn's ex showed up and she saw him singing to you. It got pretty ugly."
Cami sat mindlessly in a folding chair by the door.
Joe looked at Rhonda. Rhonda's brow was furrowed and concerned. Joe knelt in front of Cami and smiled.
"Let me tell you something." He took her hand. "I have known Glenn for 35 years. He was a wild man! He did more shi..ehh stuff then any of us! *I* was the one with the problem as it turned out, but he was just crazy!... until about 20 years ago. Something happened to him. He got serious and started making a life. Suddenly he wanted a home and family! He married Cindy, but he didnt love her. There was always something, someone else in his mind, maybe his heart. I can only assume it was you!"
Cami looked at him. She could hear the shrill woman's voice next door. That woman had had her family, her life. That poor woman had had a sham of a marriage to the man Cami loved.
"Thanks" Cami whispered and squeezed Joe's hand. She looked down at her own hands and listened to the anger and desperation in the woman's voice and the lack of affection in Glenn's. If it'd been anyone else, Cami would have told Glenn to go back to his family, love that woman and have the life he wanted, but that life was supposed to be her life! This was an ugly situation of circumstance. Cindy deserved better, Cami deserved her happiness, Glenn deserved to get on with his life. It was just a shame no one had invented the time machine! Cami would have WALKED over that damn mountain! She smiled at that thought.
Joe stood and looked at Rhonda. She shrugged and looked back. He smiled and went to finish getting dressed. Rhonda watched.
The yelling next door came to a crescendo and the sick sound of a thud and breaking glass filled the room next door. All three of them jumped up and ran out to the room next door. Cindy was stomping away quickly. Glenn's door stood ajar. Cami pushed it open and rushed in. Glenn was sitting on the floor by the far wall holding his head. A smashed vase sat next to him with roses and spilled water and shards or broken glass scattered around him. Cami rushed to him. She picked up a towel from the counter near the sink and gently pulled Glenn's hand away from his head.
"Oh my God, Glenn, are you alright?" There was a long cut and bump and blood trickling down Glenn's face and on to his white shirt. Cami moistened the towel in the sink and gently held it to Glenn's head. He winced but let her nurse him. He smiled at Cami.
"Hey, baby. Did you like your song? I sang it just for you."
Cami laughed through her worried tears and nodded.
"yeah, I loved it. Are you ok?"
"What? This little scratch?" Glenn smiled that thousand watt smile and winced again. "Yeah, this is nothing. Cindy's a little bitter. I told her I'd found you and I wasn't going to let you go. She didn't take that well."
Joe reached down and grabbed Glenn's hand.
"Come on buddy, UP ya go" and pulled Glenn to his wobbly feet. Shards of broken glass and a rose peddle or two fell from his suit trousers which were soaked with the water from the broken vase. Glenn looked down at the scattered flowers and vase.
"Those were supposed to be for you." He said a little sadly.
Cami smiled and kissed Glenn's cheek. "They're beautiful. Thank you."
Glenn smiled and kissed her but got wobbly and sat back down. Joe went to Glenn's door and looked out.
"Hey Smokey? We could use a little help in here."
A large man who had been standing in the hall outside the dressing rooms came in. Rhonda busied herself picking up broken glass and roses. Smokey walked over to Glenn and examined his head.
"Shouldn't he see a doctor?" Cami asked Joe.
"Smokey has a good deal of first aide training and we try and avoid local hospitals and emergency rooms. I'm sure you can understand why. Rumors fly." Cami nodded as Rhonda threw away the broken glass and handed Cami three perfect red roses that had escaped damage.
She smiled and smelled the roses, then pulled back, gently reached in one and pulled out a small shard of glass.
"OOPS!" said Rhonda, "Missed one!" she took the glass and tossed it in the waist basket then took the roses and gently shook them over the basket. No more glass came out so she handed them back to Cami.
"Thanks."
Smokey had been tending to Glenn and had his head bandaged and cleaned.
"He's probably got a slight concussion. He'll need someone to watch him tonight. I can stay in his room."
Cami started. "That's okay, I'll watch him."
Smokey looked suspiciously at Cami. "and you would be?"
Joe patted Smokey's shoulder. "It's okay, she's a very close friend"
Smokey stood and nodded. "Very well. I'll be outside if you need me."
"Thanks, Smokey" Joe patted the large man's back and followed him to the door. "I'll let you know what the plan is."
Joe sighed and scratched his head.
"We're staying at a local B&B. I'm just a little worried that the locals and the other guests might see Glenn and word will get out. Rumors can spread like wildfire and we don't need any bad press."
Glenn looked annoyed."I'm just fine. Sheesh! you'd think I'd been shot the way everyone makes such a big deal out of this." He started to stand and fell back down in his chair. "Whoa!"
Cami knelt beside him. "you okay?"
"Yeah, just a little dizzy" He smiled at her and touched her face. "Don't worry baby, I'm okay."
Cami looked at Glenn then at Joe and Rhonda. "I'm taking him home with me. I can watch him and take care of him. I live alone so there will no curious eyes."
Glenn grinned. "I like that idea!"
Joe called to Smokey again and told him what was happening.
Smokey looked at Cami, "Where's your car?"
"Valet parking." Cami handed Smokey her ticket and he left.
"Smokey will bring your car to the back entrance and we can get Glenn in it from there. Once you're home, you'll be on your own. Think you can handle it?"
Cami loved the idea of being alone with Glenn in her own home. "Oh yeah." she grinned, "I can handle it." She looked down at her dizzy love. He pulled her close wrapping his arm around her hips as she stood by him.
Joe laughed and turned away.
"Okay, well, I'm going to go get changed and cleaned up." He looked at Rhonda, "then we have a date."
Rhonda blushed and smiled back. "I'm ready any time you are." and she winked at him. He grinned.
"Lady, I can tell, you're trouble." He winked back. " I like trouble." He walked out the door.
Smokey came to the door and helped Glenn to his feet. Glenn, Smokey and Cami headed towards the exit and Cami's car. Cami stopped short. "Wait, Rhonda, what about you? How will you get home?"
Rhonda grinned and looked back at Joe's door.
"I'll manage" and she smiled at her friend.
Cami rolled her eyes and shook her head.
"I'm sure you will." She knew Rhonda liked trouble as much as Joe. She'd have the bail money ready.
Smokey and Cami got Glenn loaded in Cami's car and Cami took Glenn home.
Cami lived up on the hill above the Elizabethan theater in Ashland. Her house was one of the old Victorians in Ashland. There were four old Victorian houses that lined Siskyou Boulevard as you entered the city. These were quite well known and called "The Ladies". Cami's house was the same era but lesser known as it was hidden on the hill above Lithia Park. It was painted in shades of blue and gray with lots of colorful azaleas and rhododendrons flanking the walks and under the windows. It was beautifully maintained and somewhat large for just her, but she loved it. There was an entire attic area that had never been used. A tower room she had furnished with over stuffed furniture and pillows with book cases covering every wall filled to capacity made for her reading room. Her bedroom was on the ground floor and had a large master bathroom and a huge walk in closet. Her bed was a antique double brass bed she'd bought at the same estate sale she'd purchased the desk at. She'd gone into deep debt that day, but she adored everything she bought.
Cami walked with Glenn leaning heavily against her, down the lighted path to the front porch. The porch light shown softly in the warm evening air. Cami struggled to find her house key and Glenn waked to the porch swing near the door and sat carefully and sighed. Cami found the key and unlocked the door.
Glenn beckoned to her."Come here." and patted the seat next to him. Cami was leaning against the door jam and looking at him. She smiled and walked to the swing and sat gingerly next to him. He put his arm around her and they swang gently.
"It's really beautiful here. Your house is amazing!."
Cami smiled to herself and looked around. "It's a lot more then I can afford really, but I couldnt let them tear it down."
"They were going to tear it down? why?" Glenn was shocked.
Cami grinned sheepishly. "Well, it didnt always look like this! an older lady lived here most of her life before I bought it. She had really let it run down, There was serious termite damage and the foundation was cracked!" It had to had a support wall added to the back yard because it was slipping down into Lithia park!" Cami shook her head remembering it all. "I have a mortgage the size of the national debt!"
Glenn laughed and squeezed her shoulder. He looked at her.
"I dont know what I was thinking. This is where I should have been all along. It was you, always you. I should have come looking for you. I should have never stopped looking."
Glenn looked down at his hands. "Cindy was a mistake. I didnt love her. I just knew I wanted a home and family, but I wanted those things with you." Glenn looked up at Cami. "Im afraid I really messed things up."
Cami held her fingers up to Glenn's lips. They were soft and warm.
"All we have is here and now. We cant change what was, all we can do is start new. We met 20 years ago, but we start now."
Glenn took Cami's hand, turned it over and placed a warm soft slow kiss in her palm. He placed a hand behind her head and pulled her close. His lips brushed against hers.
"Thank God for you," he whispered into her lips, and kissed her.

What happened to....

Cami and Glenn: They were married in a beautiful out door wedding in Lithia park in the spring when the dogwoods were in bloom. Glenn sold his place in LA and paid off Cami's mortgage. They also bought one of the Grand Ladies on the Boulevard and made it into a B&B. They hired Suzanne to run it. Surprisingly she did quiet well! She was able to stick her nose into all her guests business and her most challenging roll was making pancakes in the mornings.

Rhonda and Joe: They had their date, it lasted four days. They are currently involved in a tempestuous affair. He occasionally lives with her in her home in Jacksonville and she occasionally lives with him in his home in Northern California. They are both pretty happy with this arrangement.

Suzanne: see above.

John Deere man : He got a new truck route. He now drives the old highway 62 route from Weed to Las Vegas. Not that Las Vegas needs much from Weed.

~Fin~

Prettymaid
10-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Review: Cami's Birthday Surprise

Rhonda has once again surprised us with Cami's Birthday Surprise, an epic love story spanning 20 years. Taking a break from her Long Story series, she has masterfully led us through 20 years in the life of a young woman who thought her one chance at love had come and gone. Her attention to detail and description of Northwest America held this readers attention from start to finish.

"A masterpiece...magnificent...astounding...overpower ing!" - NEWSWEEK

"A brutally powerful, mesmerizing story... Read it and tremble." - PEOPLE

"A triumph!" - NEW YORK TIMES BOOK REVIEW

ticky
10-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Damn, Im good!

(ahem..) "YOU LIKE ME, YOU REALLY LIKE ME!!" <--my bad Sally Fields impression..

just one question.. WHERE THE $%&**&# IS MY ROYALTIES CHECK???

Wildthyme
10-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Time to contact Harlequin about a career (and those royalties) :)

Thanks for the b-day present. It was great and I love life in Cami-land...

glenneaglesfan
10-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Ticky, I just want to know how you have a hotline to my daydreams! No kidding, you have a real talent for writing and you could make a bit of pocket money with some publishing firm. My mother trained as a dentist but hated it, and in her later years made a few bucks from romantic fiction. Worth a try!

Glennsallnighter
10-16-2008, 05:48 PM
You seem to have a hotline to my dreams too Ticky. I had an alternative to your 'Backstage episode'. But yours is better!!

BTW What happened poor Cindy? (I'm thinking John Deere Man :wink:)

eaglesvet
10-18-2008, 09:59 PM
Review: Cami's Birthday Surprise

Rhonda has once again surprised us with Cami's Birthday Surprise, an epic love story spanning 20 years. Taking a break from her Long Story series, she has masterfully led us through 20 years in the life of a young woman who thought her one chance at love had come and gone. Her attention to detail and description of Northwest America held this readers attention from start to finish.

"A masterpiece...magnificent...astounding...overpower ing!" - NEWSWEEK

"A brutally powerful, mesmerizing story... Read it and tremble." - PEOPLE

"A triumph!" - NEW YORK TIMES BOOK REVIEW
Very cleverly done, PM! And quite true!

eaglesvet
10-18-2008, 10:13 PM
You seem to have a hotline to my dreams too Ticky. I had an alternative to your 'Backstage episode'. But yours is better!!

BTW What happened poor Cindy? (I'm thinking John Deere Man :wink:)
Daydreams like these are why my dog-walks have gone from 20 minutes to 40 minutes a pop...I'm sure my family wonders why I come home in such a good mood, too! But Ticky, didn't Glenn tell you that No More Cloudy Days was his and my song?? :wink: But seriously, Ticky, you seemed to have touched a chord in us with your writing (no pun intended). Please keep it up!

Glennsallnighter
10-19-2008, 04:56 PM
Yes Ticky. You have such a talent for this. Keep going, please!!!!:pray::pray::pray: