PDA

View Full Version : Timothy, Timmy, or Tim?

catpie
10-15-2008, 05:31 PM
Which of the above do you prefer to call Mr. Schmit? I prefer to call him by his formal (full, long, whatever) name, "Timothy", for the following reason:

I *love* the name Timothy. Timothy is a classic, nostalgic name to me, and I love the lispy "th" and melodic 3 syllables, as well.

In case you're wondering, the above quote came from some baby name site. I also love sounding out his name syllable by syllable, like "Tiiiim-ooohhhh-theeeeee". So beautiful. :inlove:

"Timmy" is also a cute, sexy pet name for Mr. Schmit. When I see it, I think about "Timmy baby", "Timmy my love", or something like that. To me, it's like an endearment, like "baby", "darling", "sugarplum", etc.

I don't really like the moniker "Tim" when referring to Mr. Schmit. No offense, but in my book, "Tim" is too common, too "everybody else-ish", and sort of "cheap", considering how beautifully unique Mr. Schmit is. He deserves to be called the less-common "Timothy", or at least the sweet "Timmy".

Just my 2 pennies' worth.

Mrs Henley
10-16-2008, 07:24 AM
I like Timothy and Timmy! :)
To shout is Timmy much easier (anyway I think so)
Tiiiiim-myyyyyyyyyyyy!

TimothysGirl
10-18-2008, 11:38 PM
From what I've read and heard he prefers to be called Timothy and I think that fits him ,I just can't picture him as Timmy or Tim but that is just me!

AzEaglesFan
10-19-2008, 03:42 AM
I noticed in the 60 Minutes Show, Don called him Timothy B. Schmit. He didn't shorten it at all. So Timothy must be what he perfers.

catpie
10-19-2008, 10:49 PM
Hey TimothysGirl!

I love your avatar! Sweet, sweet Timmy... :inlove:

Freypower
10-19-2008, 10:56 PM
I know he prefers Timothy, but I have heard Don call him Tim. I prefer Tim, myself.