PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer Hudson's Mother and Brother Shot to death

sodascouts
10-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Jennifer Hudson, who was on American Idol and starred in DreamGirls, has lost both her mother and brother to a killer. They were found shot to death in their home. They think the killer is her sister's husband, who is missing along with their son.

Terrible.

See ABC News story (http://abclocal.go.com/wls/video?id=6469209) for more info.

EagleLady
10-24-2008, 08:48 PM
Wow, some really sad news. :headshake: I hate when people have to resort to unnecessary violence.

ticky
10-24-2008, 11:05 PM
What a horrible thing to happen to anyone. Poor Jennifer. I hope they find the little boy.

Ive always been a dreamer
10-25-2008, 12:33 AM
OMG - this is horrible. What a terrible thing for this young, talented woman. She will need all of our thoughts and prayers to deal with such a huge tragedy.

Stephanie
10-25-2008, 09:25 AM
That's so sad. All my thoughts and prayers goes to Jennifer and her family.

I hope her nephew is found soon and safe!

Troubadour
10-25-2008, 11:28 PM
I heard this earlier. What a tragedy.

Mrs Henley
10-26-2008, 07:09 AM
So sad this story! My thoughts go to Jennifer and her family!

Glennsallnighter
10-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Mine too! What a terrible thing to happen to anyones family. I hope they find the little boy soon. And safe!

GlennLover
10-26-2008, 11:12 PM
I just heard on the news on a Detroit channel that Jennifer is offering a large reward for information leading to the safe return of her nephew. :-(

Peekaboo
10-27-2008, 01:15 AM
I heard that she's offering $100,000. My prayers are with Jennifer and her family and that her nephew has a safe return home. With all of the awful and tragic news out there you never think that something like this could happen to you. It really makes you treasure all of the loved ones in your life. I also pray for the safety of all the wonderful people i've met here on this board.

TimothyBFan
10-27-2008, 10:09 AM
My daughter went with some friends of ours over to Chicago (where it was all happening) for the weekend and on the way, between Gary Indiana and Chicago, she said their were Amber Alerts about the little boy flashing every couple of miles on the toll road. How very sad!!

glenneaglesfan
10-27-2008, 04:40 PM
I'm desperately sad to hear on the news that they have found a child's body today. What a tragedy. My deepest sympathies to Jennifer and her sister.

eaglesvet
10-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Yes, I just read that they had found the body of Jennifer's nephew...terrible tragedy to lose 3 family members in an act of violence like that. Condolences to her and the rest of the family.

Maleah
10-27-2008, 06:07 PM
I can't imagine what poor Jennifer and her family are going through right now! I get so angry at such a display of senseless violence! WHY do people have to be this way to each other?? It's no wonder that sometimes a person loses hope. It's just disturbing!

My thoughts and prayers go out to Jennifer and her family! How horrible that just when her life was going so well and hitting new heights that it would hit stunning depths at the same time.

Glennsallnighter
10-27-2008, 06:49 PM
Yes, mine too. It is bad enough when adults have a difference of opinion or things aren't going well and a tragedy results, but so much worse when the lives of innocent children are also lost. I feel so sorry for Jennifer and her family. Being a celebrity means nothing in the face of such a tragedy.

sodascouts
10-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Horrible. There are no words.

Brooke
10-28-2008, 09:58 AM
What a senseless tragedy.

TimothyBFan
10-28-2008, 10:10 AM
Why do things like this happen to people---especially little innocent children!! It just doesn't ever make sense to me.

GlennLover
10-30-2008, 11:59 PM
There are a lot of sick people in this world :-(.

MikeA
10-31-2008, 08:38 AM
I am not a cold hearted person. But in the case of someone who does something like this, I can make an exception. Last Christmas, My nephew had just come into town, was met at the airport by his girlfriend and her little daughter. They drove home but before they could exit the car, the ex husband of the girlfriend shot both my nephew and his ex wife while the kid was still in the car in a car-seat. He took the child to his parents house, stepped outside and shot himself. I cannot feel any compassion for the guy and suicide was far too easy an escape. The only good thing was that he "offed" himself sparring the taxpayers the cost of a trial and a few years of support of him in prison. I'm sure he'd have been released under 10 years. That's the way it works isn't it?

I feel just as strongly about this excuse for a human being...the one who committed the murders in Jennifer Hudson's family. Instant and painless death would be much to easy.

Insane? Probably. Would have to be insane to even contemplate some act as heinous as murder. The trick is to identify this type person and get them out of society before they breed more insanity into an already volitle culture!

Sad, yes I am. But I am far more Pissed OFF about it than I am sad.

Oh, I'm not looking for sympathy over my nephew's death. I'm over any need for that now. Only the anger is left.

ticky
10-31-2008, 10:14 AM
Mike, Im sorry to hear about your nephew. It's senseless when stuff like that happens and its frustrating when there's no one left to punish. That poor little girl has a hard road a head of her all because Daddy forgot to take his prosac. Now Hudson's nephew. We can just hope that his Daddy is slightly more stable. It's a sickening thing to think about.

Brooke
10-31-2008, 10:53 AM
Mike, what a horrible tragedy. And I have to say I agree with you completely.

sodascouts
10-31-2008, 10:56 AM
Oh Mike, how terrible. I'm stunned.

It's times like these when you begin to think the death penalty's not such a bad idea.

Brooke
10-31-2008, 11:01 AM
I'm all for the death penalty. Maybe a few idiots would think twice before they kill innocent people. And maybe there would be less crime.

Actually, I think it's too easy. They should have to suffer as much or more as the people they killed. JMO!

TimothyBFan
10-31-2008, 11:33 AM
Wow Mike--How did your nephew's family get thru that? How awful!! I can't even imagine!

MikeA
10-31-2008, 12:04 PM
Wow Mike--How did your nephew's family get thru that? How awful!! I can't even imagine!

There is no way to "get through it" TBF. You have no choices. There is nothing at all you can do about it. Life does go on though with an important component missing.

GlennLover
10-31-2008, 10:15 PM
So sorry to hear about your nephew Mike. It must be difficult when you hear of similar cases such as the Hudson killings.

I don't think the threat of the death penalty has any effect on people like this.

Ive always been a dreamer
11-01-2008, 12:27 AM
There is no way to "get through it" TBF. You have no choices. There is nothing at all you can do about it. Life does go on though with an important component missing.

This is an excellent way to describe dealing with these senseless tragedies. I am so sorry to hear about your nephew, Mike.

As far as the death penalty, this is one area where I am truly conflicted about whether I am for or against it. While I don't believe these horrible criminals deserve to live, in some ways, it seems like the easy way out. What is the greater punishment - death or sentencing to a life in prison of hard labor and solitary confinement without any hope of parole. ::?: :?: :?:

MikeA
11-01-2008, 03:13 AM
Truely you guys, I was not seeking sympathy. I do appreciate the thoughts of course...Really. But I'm long past the situation now.

In the last post IABAD debates Life In Prison, Hard Labor, no chance of Parole.

That might work if it ever happened that way. Maybe sometimes it does. But after twenty years, he puts on an angelic face and says he's really sorry and everyone says he's "reformed" and they let him go. The prisons are so over crowded these days that they look for excuses to parole criminals. It is doubtful that virtually any of them will serve true "life" sentences.

I'm more concerned about him getting out and then killing someone else! And why, even if the punishment is equal to the crime, should taxpayers pay for room and board for killers for the rest of their lives? If they are insane, they wouldn't comprehend what was being done to them. If they were not insane, then they should not be allowed to live simply because as long as they live, there is the chance that they will either escape or be paroled.

I feel very strongly that the punishment should fit the crime. Prisons should be holding areas for those arrested and awaiting trial and for those serving time for non violent crimes. The time spent waiting trials and appeals for convicted killers should be cut short and appeals non-existant for those criminals whose guilt is unquestioned.

I think you guys know what I mean. Here is a guy who waltzes into a bank with 50 witnesses to rob the bank, he kills a guard maybe and roughs up several bank customers when an off duty officer throws down on him and wounds him rendering him unconscious. Is there any doubt that he is the robber who committed the murder? With 50 Witnesses and shot in the act so there is no case of mistaken identity?

No. No doubt as to his guilt. But that felon will sit in a cell for a week awaiting arraingment and then another 6 months before a trial date and then once convicted, and sentenced (even to death by lethal injection), nothin will happen for at least 5 to 10 years to allow time for all the appeals.

It makes me sick!

Off my soap box. Sorry I went on that rant.

TimothyBFan
11-01-2008, 08:20 AM
Preach On My Brother Mike!!!! I totally agree with you-and to add one more thing the taxpayers end up paying for is all the appeals that they will file over and over again. Also if you have a confession to a crime, why even bother with a trial?