PDA

View Full Version : Long Road Out of Eden Song Survivor

Pages : [1] 2 3

sodascouts
10-30-2008, 07:59 PM
Time for the Long Road Out of Eden Anniversary Song Survivor! If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6551&postcount=7%20%5B/)

I'm going to list the songs of Long Road Out of Eden here. Vote for the song that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "Voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for your LEAST favorite, not your favorite.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes cannot be cast after the cut off time of 8:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted.

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

The tie-breaker question will be asked one hour after results are in, if there is need for it. The exception is the last round. If the tie-breaker does not resolve the last round, then the tie will be allowed to stand.

For this Survivor, we also have immunity questions. We won't have immunity questions on the first or second-to-last-rounds, and of course we won't have them for the last round, lol. However, for the other rounds, we will.

Here's how immunity questions work. After the beginning of the round, I ask a Long Road Out of Eden-related question. The first person who answers the question correctly gets to pick a remaining song to be immune - no one can vote for it on the next round. I'll allow two hours for someone to answer. If no one gets it right by then, then we continue the round as normal without any song being immune. You only get one guess per round, so be careful!

Congratulations WAITING IN THE WEEDS!

Songs eliminated:
Fast Company 11/01
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture 11/03
No More Walks in the Wood 11/05
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance 11/07
I Don't Want to Hear Any More 11/09
I Dreamed There Was No War 11/11
Center of the Universe 11/13
It's Your World Now 11/15
Business As Usual 11/17
Guilty of the Crime 11/19
Last Good Time in Town 11/21
Do Something 11/23
Busy Being Fabulous 11/25
You Are Not Alone 11/30
No More Cloudy Days 12/02
Somebody 12/04
What Do I Do With My Heart 12/06
Long Road Out of Eden 12/08
How Long 12/10

The game is over. Thanks for playing!

sodascouts
10-30-2008, 08:02 PM
OK, my first vote goes to the one song I skip every time.

I cast my vote for Frail Grasp on the Big Picture.

It just comes off as mean-spirited to me. JMHO.

Freypower
10-30-2008, 08:05 PM
My least favourite track hasn't changed in a year.

I cast my vote for I Don't Want To Hear Any More.

ticky
10-30-2008, 08:07 PM
Ok, I cast my vote for fast company, N'sync at 60... that's all I gotta say...

Troubadour
10-30-2008, 08:12 PM
LOL ticky. I'll never have the same experience listening to that song again! :lol:

I vote for I Love To Watch A Woman Dance. It just strikes me as rather bland and quite old-fashioned. It's the only one I'm likely to skip.

Wildthyme
10-30-2008, 08:17 PM
This is going to be so hard since I enjoy this album so much. But my vote this round goes to Center of the Universe which I have never been able to really warm up to...

GlennLover
10-30-2008, 08:22 PM
I have to go with ticky. Although the song has grown on me since I first heard it & as much as I don't want to vote for any song, I cast my vote for Fast Company.

Prettymaid
10-30-2008, 08:22 PM
I'm not quite ready to vote, but I would like to say something in defense of Fast Company.

I agree with you Ticky. I did not like this song at all at first. But there's a very redeeming value in Don's vocal during the "talk to me and help me try to remember" part. When we first heard it hubby and I thought somebody else had taken over the vocal!
Because I simply love those few lines of the song, I'm not ready to send it away just yet.

timfan
10-30-2008, 08:24 PM
Although i love all the songs my least fav is Fast Company. Therefore I cast my vote for Fast Company.

Troubadour
10-30-2008, 08:27 PM
I'm not quite ready to vote, but I would like to say something in defense of Fast Company.

I agree with you Ticky. I did not like this song at all at first. But there's a very redeeming value in Don's vocal during the "talk to me and help me try to remember" part. When we first heard it hubby and I thought somebody else had taken over the vocal!
Because I simply love those few lines of the song, I'm not ready to send it away just yet.

I agree PM, especially with the bolded part. You summed it up perfectly!

eaglesvet
10-30-2008, 09:48 PM
I actually like Fast Company---it's got a beat that's great for movin' and dancing to (even while driving:-)); and the horn section really comes through in this song. It's a very different type of song for the Eagles, but it's a nice change for me, anyway. (I can't comment on the N'Sync comparison...I didn't really pay attention to them back in the day.)

I cast my vote for Somebody. There's something about Glenn's:heart: vocals that just doesn't cut it for me in that song.

Peekaboo
10-30-2008, 10:54 PM
I actually like Fast Company---it's got a beat that's great for movin' and dancing to (even while driving:-)); and the horn section really comes through in this song. It's a very different type of song for the Eagles, but it's a nice change for me, anyway. (I can't comment on the N'Sync comparison...I didn't really pay attention to them back in the day.)

I cast my vote for Somebody. There's something about Glenn's:heart: vocals that just doesn't cut it for me in that song.

Oh EV, i think you would feel differently if you heard this one done live. It wasn't a favorite of mine till i heard it sung live in concert. It's so much better than the album version.

I've actually liked Fast Company since the beginning. I just love Don's vocals throughout the entire song and it's also got a nice rockin-out beat to it. I vote for I Love To Watch A Woman Dance. I like the song but it just seems like it belongs on a Glenn solo album more.

AzEaglesFan
10-31-2008, 01:51 AM
I'll vote for I Love to Watch a Woman Dance this round

Mrs Henley
10-31-2008, 04:25 AM
I cast my vote for I Love To Watch A Woman Dance.

eaglesvet
10-31-2008, 04:57 AM
Oh EV, i think you would feel differently if you heard this one done live. It wasn't a favorite of mine till i heard it sung live in concert. It's so much better than the album version.

I've actually liked Fast Company since the beginning. I just love Don's vocals throughout the entire song and it's also got a nice rockin-out beat to it. I vote for I Love To Watch A Woman Dance. I like the song but it just seems like it belongs on a Glenn solo album more.
I actually have heard it live, and it still doesn't do it for me; although I agree it was better in person than on the album. Although I like ILTWAWD quite a bit more, it never occurred to me that a Glenn solo album might have been a better place to showcase it...interesting observation. But I'm not ready to vote that one off for a while...(though from the looks of things, one of these 2 songs may be goin' down!)

TimothyBFan
10-31-2008, 07:46 AM
Aah FP--A Timothy song right away--he doesn't get that many! :)

I'm in defense of Somebody---I never really cared for it either--till I heard it live! The way Glenn sings it live with the gruff voice and such passion-it changed my opinion real quick! It is now one of my favorites on the album.

The least favorite song for me-it just has never grown on me at all since the beginning.

I vote for Center Of The Universe.

Brooke
10-31-2008, 10:33 AM
WT, you must really give Center of the Universe more listening time. It's one of my favorites. I just think it's beautiful.

And since someone has already broken the ice, I also cast my vote for I Love To Watch A Woman Dance. I know some of you just love it, but it's not for me.

Edited to add: I voted before I read all the posts! :doh:

I agree about ILTWAWD should be on a Glenn solo album. It would be more appreciated there.

And TBF, see my first paragraph.

And Somebody?!!!!! OMG! It was one of my big faves from the very first listen! :shock:

Ive always been a dreamer
10-31-2008, 01:07 PM
Now I also loved Somebody from the first time I heard it. However, I absolutely fell in love with the two songs that Glenn performed live in Niagara Falls for the first time - You Are Not Alone and I Dreamed There Was No War. He also performs I Love To Watch A Woman Dance and No More Cloudy Days in his solo shows which are gorgeous as well. Unfortunately, we will likely never see some of these songs performed in an Eagles show. I acknowledge I may be biased towards all of these songs, but it is such a treat to see Glenn perform them so beautifully and passionately in a live show.

So I am going to make a plea to save I Love To Watch A Woman Dance. While I agree it is a bit more of a solo song than Eagles, I think this is true of several of the songs on the album. The passionate vocal performance is incredible. Let's form a coalition and save this song for now. Although I love Fast Company too, it looks like it is the only chance to save ILTWAWD.

Vote for Fast Company!

BTW - I am withholding my vote for now to see if the coalition works. :wink:

Glennsallnighter
10-31-2008, 02:37 PM
Well I totally agree with you Dreamer. While I have never (yet) had the priviledge of seeing Glenn do a live solo show, I have seen him do 'Somebody' in London and it was absolutely spine chilling as well as thrilling. While I know ILTWAWD maybe would be more fitting to a Glenn :heart: solo album, I'm not ready to see it go down yet. And I love Cenrtre of the Universe too. I had a tough choice to make but as Fast Company was one of the few on my initial list I cast my first round vote to eliminate 'Fast Company'

Soda, I edited this as a chunk of it had been left out in the original post and it didn't make sense, but I have NOT altered the vote.

DonFan
10-31-2008, 04:41 PM
I cast my vote for I Love to Watch a Woman Dance. I skip over that one every time.

Maleah
10-31-2008, 06:11 PM
Love love LOVE Fast Company! But my least favorite has definently not changed so I definently cast my vote for........

Frail Grasp On The Big Picture

Freypower
10-31-2008, 06:34 PM
I wish I could defend I Love To Watch A Woman Dance. But I really don't know how. I suppose either you love it straight away, or you'll never love it. I had hoped that after a year of hearing it, it might have grown on people.

Saying it should have been on a solo album misses the point. It was such an achievement to get this many Frey vocals on an Eagles album after all these years. He deserved to have a 'showcase' like this. And he's never going to make another solo album.

There is no point in me trying to say what it is about the song I love, because it is obvious my opinion is only shared by a handful of people on this board.

Troubadour
10-31-2008, 06:42 PM
But see, it's not a 'love it or hate it' thing with me, regarding I Love To Watch A Woman Dance. I like it well enough, but for me, it's the most forgettable of a great bunch. On paper, it should get me swooning, but in practice it just doesn't touch me as much as it should do. I appreciate Glenn's vocals and I like the sentiment, but it doesn't grab me for some reason.

I'm surprised so many have voted for Frail Grasp and Fast Company, but that's the nature of the game. It's fascinating to hear which songs are favourites and which aren't!

Oh, and Brooke - I completely agree about Center Of The Universe. I love that song.

sodascouts
10-31-2008, 06:51 PM
FP, I think you'll find more than a handful of people on this board like it!

And some of my female "casual fan" friends do too when I've played the album for them. But none of the guys like it. Go figure. lol

Wildthyme
10-31-2008, 08:37 PM
FP I love ILTWAWD too. I really do not want to see it voted off. I think its a beautiful song...

Freypower
10-31-2008, 08:51 PM
Well, if it goes, it goes. I don't know why I feel so strongly about it. It isn't even as if I'm one of the people who was lucky enough to see it performed live.:weep:

sodascouts
10-31-2008, 09:24 PM
I was pretty stupid to vote for Frail Grasp and not Fast Company. Shows a lack of strategic thinking. I won't make the same mistake again!

That said, if three more people vote for Fast Company (and no one else votes for ILTWAWD) it'll be saved.

GlennLover
10-31-2008, 10:04 PM
I love ILTWAWD too. Sometimes late at night I'll just put that song on & listen to it before I go to bed. I can imagine that I'm dancing with Glenn :nahnah:.

glenneaglesfan
11-01-2008, 06:22 AM
I love ILTWAWD as well. Glenn sounds so tender and vulnerable. I would never let go of that hand if I had the chance. So, in a last ditch bid to save it, I cast my vote for Fast Company.

Prettymaid
11-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Well, I have to say I'm surprised at the two songs with the most votes. I've already 'voiced' my opinion of Fast Company. I don't like most of the song, but I love the bridge.

ILTWAWD is a sweet, beautiful song. Is that an accordian I hear in the background? I love it! I can see why some people think it sounds old fashioned. It does. But it's coming from a band that has been around for over thirty years, I don't think that's a bad thing.

My least favorite song is Center of the Universe, but a vote for that is a wasted vote.

So..... with heaviness of heart I cast my vote for Fast Company.

sodascouts
11-01-2008, 06:14 PM
According to my calculations, ILTWAWD and Fast Company are currently tied. If that doesn't change, we'll hold a tie-breaker immunity question at 8:00 Eastern sharp. First to answer correctly makes the call.

Prettymaid
11-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Dreamer hasn't voted yet, and she's shown her hand!

11-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Okay - Here I go. I hate to do this because I do like Fast Company. But something has to go. I am going to cast the tie-breaking vote and hope it holds for a couple of minutes.

I cast my vote for Fast Company.

Prettymaid
11-01-2008, 07:59 PM
There you are Dreamer- whew!

sodascouts
11-01-2008, 08:10 PM
The first song to be eliminated from Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is Fast Company. “Fast Company,” as the first song to get voted off, you’re definitely going nowhere fast! Please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Fast Company – 7
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – 6
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – 2
Center of the Universe – 2
I Don’t Want to Hear Any More – 1
Somebody – 1

Vote Breakdown
Fast Company – ticky
Fast Company – GlennLover
Fast Company – timfan
Fast Company – Glennsallnighter
Fast Company – glenneaglesfan
Fast Company – PrettyMaid
Fast Company – Ive always been a dreamer
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – Troubadour
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – Peekaboo
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – AzEaglesFan
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – Mrs Henley
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – Brooke
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – DonFan
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – sodascouts
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – Maleah
Center of the Universe – WildThyme
Center of the Universe – TimothyBFan
I Don’t Want to Hear Any More – Freypower
Somebody – eaglesvet

Songs eliminated:
Fast Company 11/01

Songs remaining:
No More Walks in the Wood
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
What Do I Do With My Heart
Guilty of the Crime
I Don’t Want to Hear Any More
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Do Something
You Are Not Alone
Long Road Out of Eden
I Dreamed There Was No War
Somebody
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture
Last Good Time in Town
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance
Business As Usual
Center of the Universe
It’s Your World Now

ETA: Almost forgot the immunity question!
What song did the Eagles perform at the 2007 CMAs?

Glennsallnighter
11-01-2008, 08:12 PM
How Long?

If that right I want to make 'I dreamed there was no war' immune

Mrs Henley
11-01-2008, 08:14 PM
How Long!

sodascouts
11-01-2008, 08:16 PM
That's right, GA.

I Dreamed There Was No War is immune.

Voting for Round 2 begins now.

Mrs Henley
11-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Oh Oh, I won't vote for the same song again...soooooo I think I go for....yes/no...yes no....*still thinking*

I cast my vote for I Don't Want To Hear Any More

nothing personals against Timmy, but I just don't like the song.

Maleah
11-01-2008, 08:43 PM
At the risk of sounding repetitive........one round didn't change my mind.......I still cast my vote for...........

Frail Grasp on the Big Picture

ticky
11-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Im going Frail Grasp this time too,..

AzEaglesFan
11-02-2008, 01:54 AM
Frail Grasp sounds like a good one to me, not one of my favorites.

sodascouts
11-02-2008, 02:08 AM
I gladly jump on this bandwagon.

I cast my vote for Frail Grasp on the Big Picture.

Glennsallnighter
11-02-2008, 08:27 AM
I had actually intended going for 'Frail Grasp' in tha last round but had felt bound to protect ILTWAWD! Its not a bad song, just not one of my favourites!! So it doesn't worry me too much to cast my vote in this round for 'Frail Grasp on the Big Picture' to go!

timfan
11-02-2008, 10:47 AM
I cast my vote for Frail Grasp on the Big Picture

Wildthyme
11-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Think I will join the popular consensus and vote for Frail Grasp too...

Peekaboo
11-02-2008, 02:17 PM
I think i'll stick with my vote from round 1. I Love To Watch A Woman Dance. I will say that my voting for this song again is not that i don't like it, I do. I think Glenn sounds really great on this song. It's just that there are others on this album that i prefer more than this one.

Troubadour
11-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Fast Company and Frail Grasp in the first two rounds... Noooo!

I think I'm going to follow Peekaboo's lead and vote for I Love To Watch A Woman Dance again. I don't dislike it, but there are others I like better.

DonFan
11-02-2008, 05:46 PM
One more time.
I vote for I Love To Watch a Woman Dance.

TimothyBFan
11-02-2008, 06:39 PM
I Love To Watch A Woman Dance is my vote.

Freypower
11-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Well, can I say I'm glad ILTWAWD survived one round! :thumbsup:

Frail Grasp On The Big Picture is one of the cleverest and most acerbic songs the band has ever done, in my opinion. I love the lyrics (though I understand why some don't) and I think it is very well arranged. You never know what will happen with the backing vocals towards the end. It is quintessential 'Eagles as spokesmen for America'. Anyway that is my defence of it.

Now, can I vote for my least favourite track, which is I Don't Want To Hear Any More. This is no disrespect to Tim. It's too bland and slow for me although I like the way he sings it. It isn't 'Eagles' enough.

Brooke
11-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Well, it's not that I don't think Glenn does a wonderful job on ILTWAWD. He sings it beautifully. But I still usually skip it when it comes on.

Therefore, once again, I vote for I Love To Watch A Woman Dance.

GlennLover
11-03-2008, 12:09 AM
I was going to go with I Don't Want To Hear Anymore or Do Something this round. It's not Timothy, it's just that I think both of these songs are weaker than the others on the album. It pains me to vote any song off. I do like Frail Grasp, but there are others that I like as well or better. Therefore, as I love ILTWAWD, to protect it -

I vote for Frail Grasp On the Big Picture.

sodascouts
11-03-2008, 01:28 AM
Smart girl!

TimothyBFan
11-03-2008, 09:04 AM
I was going to go with I Don't Want To Hear Anymore or Do Something this round. It's not Timothy, it's just that I think both of these songs are weaker

That hurts-:cry:

eaglesvet
11-03-2008, 12:15 PM
This is the first chance I've had to post since early Halloween am, and the suspense was killing me! Too bad for us Fast Company fans, but now I see the strategy (having never watched Survivor before, believe it or not...) Therefore, even though it is not my least favorite song, it is in the bottom few---I cast my vote for Frail Grasp on the Big Picture.
Also, I thought in the initial game rules, there was to be no "immunity question" on the first round??

sodascouts
11-03-2008, 12:35 PM
I thought in the initial game rules, there was to be no "immunity question" on the first round??

The first round is the starting round - no song was immune then. Sorry for the confusion!

glenneaglesfan
11-03-2008, 06:05 PM
This album has never been out of my car since it came out, and I can safely say I don't think there is a bad track on it. Even Frail Grasp has grown on me. I suspect my favourites have remained unchanged - the ones I'll happily repeat just to hear some nuance that I may have missed while concentrating on some important aspect of driving. Fast Company is one I first heard on the three track sampler issued two years ago, and I don't rate it as badly as some of you others - maybe it's Don's falsetto that puts people off, but I enjoy the upbeat rhythm and the strong presence of Glenn in the refrain.

Difficult vote this, but I am going to duck the missiles and vote for Guilty Of The Crime - great song, but not the Eagles for me.

EagleLady
11-03-2008, 06:13 PM
I vote for Fail Grasp

Troubadour
11-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Difficult vote this, but I am going to duck the missiles and vote for Guilty Of The Crime - great song, but not the Eagles for me.

My Mum listened to this the other day and said it sounded like it could have been a pick for the Only Fools and Horses theme tune! I'd never thought of it that way, but I can kind of see what she means... Great song though.

glenneaglesfan
11-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Lol, Troub!! I hadn't thought of that before, but I can see it now! Good on your Mum for taking an interest.

Troubadour
11-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Heh, she doesn't have much of a choice with me around! :twisted:

Glennsallnighter
11-03-2008, 06:57 PM
My hubby is in the same boat!! lol!!

Prettymaid
11-03-2008, 07:55 PM

:machinegun:uh-oh - look out GEF - incoming missiles!

I cast my vote for No More Walks in the Wood.

sodascouts
11-03-2008, 09:04 PM
The second song to be eliminated from Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is Frail Grasp on the Big Picture. “Frail Grasp on the Big Picture,” ain’t it a shame that you’re going to have to go? Please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – 10
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – 5
I Don’t Want to Hear Any More – 2
Guilty of the Crime – 1
No More Walks in the Wood – 1

Vote Breakdown
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – Maleah
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – ticky
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – AzEaglesFan
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – sodascouts
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – Glennsallnighter
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – timfan
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – WildThyme
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – GlennLover
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – eaglesvet
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – EagleLady
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – TimothyBFan
I Don’t Want to Hear Any More – Mrs Henley
Guilty of the Crime – glenneaglesfan
No More Walks in the Wood – PrettyMaid

Songs eliminated:
Fast Company 11/01

Songs remaining:
No More Walks in the Wood
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Guilty of the Crime
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Do Something
You Are Not Alone
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Last Good Time in Town
Business As Usual
Center of the Universe
It’s Your World Now

Round 3 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

Which Long Road Out of Eden song was first heard live on the Farewell 1 DVD?

Note: Please include the song you want to be immune along with your answer.

Prettymaid
11-03-2008, 09:07 PM
No More Cloudy Days - if right - guilty of the crime immune

timfan
11-03-2008, 09:08 PM
the long road out of eden song to first be heard on F1 dvd was No more cloudy days

If I am correct i would like I don't wan't to hear anymore to be immune this round

sodascouts
11-03-2008, 09:08 PM
That's right PM!

Guilty of the Crime is immune.

Round 3 Starts Now!

sodascouts
11-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Yay for Frail Grasp being gone!

Now, let's see. I think I'll go with Pretty Maid...

Nice showcase of harmonies, but not a very interesting melody.

Prettymaid
11-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Sorry TF!

timfan
11-03-2008, 09:14 PM
no prob PM.. my computer is acting slow right now anyway :)

Freypower
11-03-2008, 09:58 PM
No More Walks In The Wood doesn't need an interesting melody with those awesome voices. The voices carry the song for me.

Once again I cast my vote for I Don't Want To Hear Any More.

EagleLady
11-03-2008, 10:45 PM
No More Walks In The Wood

ticky
11-03-2008, 11:06 PM
No more Walks for me too...

AzEaglesFan
11-04-2008, 02:25 AM
I can live with No More Walks going bye bye

eaglesvet
11-04-2008, 03:35 AM
Do the songs that were given immunity carry over? In other words, is I Dreamed There Was No War still immune, or does that only go for the one round after it's named?

Mrs Frey
11-04-2008, 07:16 AM
It's a pity I missed the first two rounds, but better late than never. The two songs voted out are two which I enjoy very much, but I suppose I'll survive! :wink:

I cast my vote for "Last Good Time In Town". Sorry, Joe (and Joe fans):sad:. This has been my least favourite from the beginning. Out of Joe's songs, I much prefer "Guilty Of The Crime" - one of the best tracks on the album in my opinion. It works wonderfully live too.

It has just occurred to me that it is one year and four days since LROOE was released! My, my, my, how time flies! :shock:

Prettymaid
11-04-2008, 08:13 AM
Do the songs that were given immunity carry over? In other words, is I Dreamed There Was No War still immune, or does that only go for the one round after it's named?

EV, the song that has won immunity only goes for that specific round. So no, I Dreamed There Was No War is no longer immune.

Prettymaid
11-04-2008, 08:24 AM
I cast my vote for "Last Good Time In Town". Sorry, Joe (and Joe fans):sad:. This has been my least favourite from the beginning.

:fear::fainting::fainted: Ow, Mrs F! I dodge a bullet only to get knifed in the back lol!

DonFan
11-04-2008, 08:32 AM
Once again---
I cast my vote for my least favorite song on the album--
I Love To Watch A Woman Dance.

Fast Company was my second least favorite song, but I really like Frail Grasp. :sad:

Troubadour
11-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Once more, I Love To Watch A Woman Dance.

Prettymaid
11-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Yay for Frail Grasp being gone!

Now, let's see. I think I'll go with Pretty Maid...

Nice showcase of harmonies, but not a very interesting melody.

Thanks for leading the troops with this one, Soda. I thought I'd be dodging tomatoes when I voted for it last round!

TimothyBFan
11-04-2008, 08:56 AM
First--thanks TF for trying to immune IDWTHA!

Soda, EL, Ticky and anyone else that is planning on voting for No More Walks... What the h*ll????? The harmony, the words... that is a beautiful song! Sorry--had to vent for a minute:eyebrow:.

I am holding steady at I Love To Watch A Woman Dance for my vote.

Prettymaid
11-04-2008, 09:01 AM
Soda, EL, Ticky and anyone else that is planning on voting for No More Walks... What the h*ll????? The harmony, the words... that is a beautiful song! Sorry--had to vent for a minute:eyebrow:.

I think I dodged that tomato, TBF!

TimothyBFan
11-04-2008, 09:25 AM
I think I dodged that tomato, TBF!

PM--You too?:fight:

Prettymaid
11-04-2008, 09:38 AM
PM--You too?:fight:

Sorry, it's bottom of the barrel for me.:nervous:

EagleLady
11-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Sorry Willie, No More Walks just does nothing for me.

sodascouts
11-04-2008, 11:05 AM
It's not that it's a BAD song, but around the middle and the "Where we made our own weather" part, the melody starts to meander a bit. I love the harmonies and lyrics, but it doesn't have as much going for it as the others and sometimes I skip it. Sorry!

Brooke
11-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Ok, there's something I don't understand here. ILTWAWD barely survived the first round. I thought then that it would go down in the second round. It didn't.

Why are you changing your votes until it goes? What changed your mind that something else should go first?

I cast my vote, once again, for I Love To Watch A Woman Dance.

TimothyBFan
11-04-2008, 11:26 AM
HERE HERE BROOKE!

Unfortunately -I still think Center of The Universe should go also. :-( Sorry.

DonFan
11-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Ok, there's something I don't understand here. ILTWAWD barely survived the first round. I thought then that it would go down in the second round. It didn't.

Why are you changing your votes until it goes? What changed your mind that something else should go first?

I was wondering that too, Brooke.

Prettymaid
11-04-2008, 03:45 PM

I can only speak for myself, Brooke, but I will change my choice if it helps a coalition of another song that's close to the bottom for me. For example, my least fav is Center of the Universe, but I don't like Fast Company that much either. So instead of 'wasting' my vote on COTU I joined the coalition to vote off FC.

Brooke
11-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Ok, I see.

I guess I'm shocked no one likes COTU that much either. I just think it's a beautiful song. It gets me more each time I listen to it. It's nearly up there with WITW for me. It's not as long of a song, but still beautiful.

And NMWITW? Already? Those harmonies?

I'm flabbergasted. :headshake:

eaglesvet
11-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Ok, I see.

I guess I'm shocked no one likes COTU that much either. I just think it's a beautiful song. It gets me more each time I listen to it. It's nearly up there with WITW for me. It's not as long of a song, but still beautiful.

And NMWITW? Already? Those harmonies?

I'm flabbergasted. :headshake:
Brooke, I agree with you on all of those songs.

eaglesvet
11-04-2008, 05:17 PM
I cast my vote for Somebody.

Freypower
11-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Brooke, I completely agree with your comments. The pattern of the voting in this round where suddenly everyone voted for NMWITW instead of ILTWAWD has baffled me. Much as I love ILTW, I also thought it would be the second song to go.

I can't understand how a song as quintessentially 'Eagles' as NMW could be so close to elimination. Those magnificent, soaring harmonies (my favourite part is 'where branches touch the sky' when Glenn's voice stands out).... I understand why ILTW may not be popular, but not this.

Glennsallnighter
11-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Well Brooke, you'll be pleased to know that I love COTU as well. I also love the harmonies and the soothing feel of NMWIW. I couldn't vote either of them off as yet, so I think I'll opt to vote 'Business as Usual' off in this round, as it doesn't do as much for me compared to the others.

timfan
11-04-2008, 06:35 PM
I cast my vote for No More Walks in the Wood

DonFan
11-04-2008, 07:15 PM
I can't understand how a song as quintessentially 'Eagles' as NMW could be so close to elimination. Those magnificent, soaring harmonies (my favourite part is 'where branches touch the sky' when Glenn's voice stands out).... I understand why ILTW may not be popular, but not this.

I completely agree, FP. Sometimes I will go for a two-fer and listen to NMW followed by Seven Bridges. The harmonies literally give me chills.

Brooke
11-04-2008, 10:25 PM
Brooke, I agree with you on all of those songs.

Thanks ev. But then this:

I cast my vote for Somebody.

:shock: Preposterous! :headshake:

Maleah
11-04-2008, 11:52 PM
After listening to NMWITW live......I could never vote for it this early! It was FLAWLESS and beautiful!

Unfortunately, the the song that I skip second most on the album (after Frail Grasp ;) ) is ILTWAWD sooooo..........

I cast my vote for I Love To Watch A Woman Dance

GlennLover
11-05-2008, 12:21 AM
I've already said how much I love ILTWAWD so I can't vote for that. I loved NMWITW from the 1st time I heard it. True, the melody may not be that complex, but as a showcase for those beautiful harmonies it is perfect. So I can't vote for that. Centre of the Universe is also one I particularly enjoy. Can't vote for that yet. And Somebody, I love Glenn's treatment of it. Can't vote it off. So, even though I do like it

I cast my vote for Business As Usual.

Mrs Frey
11-05-2008, 02:24 AM
:fear::fainting::fainted: Ow, Mrs F! I dodge a bullet only to get knifed in the back lol!

Awww, I'm sorry, Prettymaid - I didn't mean it like that! :-( I love Joe too - I'm just not a big fan of that particular song.

Mrs Frey
11-05-2008, 02:33 AM
Well, it seems as though the votes are going for the harmony-laden songs here, oddly enough, i.e. NMWITW and COTU.:confused: Since the Eagles are known for their harmonies, it's puzzling to say the least.

Anyway, as for ILTWAWD, I just about lost all reason when I first heard it (:inlove:), and I still get lost listening to Glenn's :heart: soothing, beautiful voice. The lyrics are so romantic.

I can't believe there are votes for "Somebody"! :shock: It's easily one of the best tracks on the album! Glenn :heart: ROCKS! :nod: :nod: :nod:

glenneaglesfan
11-05-2008, 05:07 AM
It's funny how we are so polarised over ILTW - I'm of the absolutely love it brigade, although I concede that it would have been more suited to a Glenn solo album. As for Somebody, it is one of my favourite tracks on the album - it rocks indeed.

This round I'm going to cast my vote for No More Walks In The Woods - stunning harmonies, but a bit too down beat for me.

Peekaboo
11-05-2008, 07:53 AM
I'm kinda surprised about the number of votes for NMWITW. The harmonies are amazing and to hear it live is simply stunning. I can't wait to get to hear it live again this coming Tuesday.

I thought about changing my vote for this round because of the popularity of this song from the majority of the members here but i'm going to go ahead and hold strong for my vote on ILTWAWD.

Prettymaid
11-05-2008, 08:22 AM
Awww, I'm sorry, Prettymaid - I didn't mean it like that! :-( I love Joe too - I'm just not a big fan of that particular song.

It's okay Mrs F. I only say that because I made Guilty of the Crime immune because I thought it could be in danger, and then you surprised me by voting for LGTIT!
I just love hearing the different opinions of these songs. I love that we can be so alike and yet so unique!

(I just noticed for the first time the shortening of Last Good Time in Town to LGTIT. Does anybody else see it? Do you think Joe did that subliminally?) ;)

eaglesvet
11-05-2008, 08:22 AM
Thanks ev. But then this:

:shock: Preposterous! :headshake:
A simple "I disagree!" would've been fine...it is my opinion, after all! I knew I was making an unpopular vote from the results of round 1. I even went back and really tried to listen and enjoy the song, but as I said before, I really don't care for Glenn's :heart: vocals there. A few people suggested that they liked the song even more after they heard it live in concert--well, it didn't strike me any better after I heard it last May; plus we are evaluating the album, anyway...
So, unless there's another song close to the bottom of my list that seems to need a coalition vote, I'll probably still be voting Somebody.

Brooke
11-05-2008, 10:54 AM
A simple "I disagree!" would've been fine...it is my opinion, after all! I knew I was making an unpopular vote from the results of round 1. I even went back and really tried to listen and enjoy the song, but as I said before, I really don't care for Glenn's :heart: vocals there. A few people suggested that they liked the song even more after they heard it live in concert--well, it didn't strike me any better after I heard it last May; plus we are evaluating the album, anyway...
So, unless there's another song close to the bottom of my list that seems to need a coalition vote, I'll probably still be voting Somebody.

Oh, please don't take it personal ev. I realize everyone has their own opinions and ours all differ. I was just having a little fun with it. After all, it's just a game.

Prettymaid
11-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Unfortunately, we always run the risk of being misinterpreted here.The smileys help, but there are always going to be situations where you wish everyone could hear your voice and see your face.

At the risk of having to dodge more tomatoes, let me say that I would like NMWITW more if it wasn't done acappella.

TimothyBFan
11-05-2008, 11:28 AM
At the risk of having to dodge more tomatoes, let me say that I would like NMWITW more if it wasn't done acappella.

And guess what--that is why I like it so much--I think it highlights their talent for harmonies just a little bit more. :) Another example of how we all have different opinions!

sodascouts
11-05-2008, 02:31 PM
And guess what--that is why I like it so much--I think it highlights their talent for harmonies just a little bit more. :) Another example of how we all have different opinions!

Gotta agree with you there - though I voted for it to leave the island this round, I love the acapella aspect. It really does make their gorgeous harmonies stand out.

Brooke
11-05-2008, 03:04 PM
That's why I like it so much, too. Those gorgeous harmonies are highlighted.

Freypower
11-05-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm kinda surprised about the number of votes for NMWITW. The harmonies are amazing and to hear it live is simply stunning. I can't wait to get to hear it live again this coming Tuesday.

I thought about changing my vote for this round because of the popularity of this song from the majority of the members here but i'm going to go ahead and hold strong for my vote on ILTWAWD.

You can't change your vote once you have voted.

I agree with the comments on them singing acapella. That is the entire point.

Prettymaid
11-05-2008, 06:35 PM
You can't change your vote once you have voted.

Er...FP, I think Peekaboo meant that she thought about changing her song vote from last round but decided to stay with ILTWAWD for this round also.

Freypower
11-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Sorry, my mistake. :confused:

sodascouts
11-05-2008, 09:06 PM
The third song to be eliminated from Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is No More Walks in the Wood. “No More Walks in the Wood,” now you are gone for good. Please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
No More Walks in the Wood – 7
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – 6
Business As Usual – 2
Last Good Time in Town – 1
Somebody – 1

Vote Breakdown
No More Walks in the Wood – SodaScouts
No More Walks in the Wood – EaglesLady
No More Walks in the Wood – ticky
No More Walks in the Wood – AzEaglesFan
No More Walks in the Wood – PrettyMaid
No More Walks in the Wood – timfan
No More Walks in the Wood – glenneaglesfan
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – Maleah
Business As Usual – Glennsallnighter
Business As Usual – GlennLover
Last Good Time in Town – Mrs Frey
Somebody – eaglesvet

Songs eliminated:
Fast Company 11/01

Songs remaining:
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Guilty of the Crime
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Do Something
You Are Not Alone
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Last Good Time in Town
Business As Usual
Center of the Universe
It’s Your World Now

Round 4 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

For which songs off of Long Road Out of Eden have the Eagles made music videos (not counting live videos)?

EagleLady
11-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Busy Being Fabulous and How Long

timfan
11-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Busy Being Fabulous and How Long I would like immune I don't want to hear anymore

EagleLady
11-05-2008, 09:16 PM
I dreamed there was no war

sodascouts
11-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Busy Being Fabulous and How Long is correct.

Round 4 starts now!

EagleLady
11-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Ok, I vote for Business as usual.

Freypower
11-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Once again I cast my vote for I Don't Want To Hear Any More.

Maleah
11-05-2008, 11:24 PM
I still vote for I Love To Watch A Woman Dance lol

ticky
11-05-2008, 11:56 PM
I vote for Business as Usual

AzEaglesFan
11-06-2008, 02:00 AM
I vote for I Love to Watch a Woman Dance

Peekaboo
11-06-2008, 02:11 AM
Er...FP, I think Peekaboo meant that she thought about changing her song vote from last round but decided to stay with ILTWAWD for this round also.

Thanks for the clarification PM. Sorry if i was misunderstood FP.

I'm going to go ahead and vote for ILTWAWD once again.

Glennsallnighter
11-06-2008, 05:05 AM
I vote eliminate 'Business as Usual' this round

timfan
11-06-2008, 07:38 AM
I cast my vote for Business as Usual

TimothyBFan
11-06-2008, 07:57 AM
My vote once again to I Love To Watch A Woman Dance.

DonFan
11-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Well, this IS a very different game than the first time. Much like Cloris Leachman--who even though she was very funny and likable, stayed MUCH longer on Dancing with the Stars than she should have--I never would have believed the beautiful harmonies of NMWITW would have been voted off and the mediocre (IMO) ILTWAWD would STILL be hanging on this long.

One.
More.
Time--
I cast my vote for ILTWAWD.

Brooke
11-06-2008, 11:31 AM
I vote for I Love To Watch A Woman Dance again, too.

Wildthyme
11-06-2008, 12:49 PM
I vote for Business as Usual this round.

Freypower
11-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Plug for BAU - it's one of the songs that has really grown on me, although it is reminiscent of the Inside Job album.

I will have to change my tactics next round, I can see.

GlennLover
11-06-2008, 09:06 PM
I vote for Business As Usual.

sodascouts
11-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Business As Usual has really grown on me, too. I like it, and I think there are others that deserve to go first. Still, if I have to vote for it to save ILTWAWD...

I cast my vote for Business As Usual.

Troubadour
11-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Yet again, I Love To Watch A Woman Dance.

sodascouts
11-07-2008, 02:16 PM
By my calculations, ILTWAWD and BAU are in a dead heat, tied. Exciting round!

eaglesvet
11-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Oh, the power of one decision...I sat and thought for quite awhile about this, since I actually like both of these songs a lot! But to vote for any other song this late in the game would be a wasted vote...
So, despite the fact that I love the opening instrumental (reminiscent of the E Street Band, IMO) and the "whoa whoa 's" throughout, I cast my vote for Business As Usual.:-(

Prettymaid
11-07-2008, 08:57 PM
I cast my vote for I Love to Watch a Woman Dance

Glennsallnighter
11-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

sodascouts
11-07-2008, 09:07 PM
In an extremely close round that came down to the wire – as in the deciding vote cast three minutes before the deadline – the fourth song to leave Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is I Love to Watch a Woman Dance. “I Love to Watch a Woman,” this dance will be your last. Please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – 8
Business As Usual – 8

Tie-breaker votes:
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – 17
Business As Usual -2

Vote Breakdown
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – Maleah
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – AzEaglesFan
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – Pretty Maid
Business As Usual – EagleLady
Business As Usual – ticky
Business As Usual – Glennsallnighter
Business As Usual – timfan
Business As Usual – Wildthyme
Business As Usual – GlennLover
Business As Usual – sodascouts
Business As Usual – eaglesvet

Songs eliminated:
Fast Company 11/01

Songs remaining:
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Guilty of the Crime
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Do Something
You Are Not Alone
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Last Good Time in Town
Business As Usual
Center of the Universe
It’s Your World Now

Round 5 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

Which Eagle has songs on Long Road Out of Eden credited to him alone, with no co-writer?

Glennsallnighter
11-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Glenn:heart: Frey

I'd like to see IDTWNW immune

sodascouts
11-07-2008, 09:10 PM
That's correct.

Round 5 begins now!

Prettymaid
11-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Trick question? Glenn Frey and Joe Walsh

If correct, Business as Usual immune

Prettymaid
11-07-2008, 09:15 PM
What about Last Good Time in Town? Wasn't that just Joe?

Prettymaid
11-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Never mind Soda, I just read the bottom of the liner notes!

sodascouts
11-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Not your fault PM! Pretty lame how they botched some of the credits on the original liner notes.

sodascouts
11-08-2008, 02:38 AM
OK... I know this is gonna be really unpopular but...

I cast my vote for Long Road Out of Eden.

Seeing it live has made me appreciate it more, but it's still not as listenable as the other remaining tracks, IMHO.

ticky
11-08-2008, 04:01 AM
I gotta go with ya on that one Soda, It's one of the songs I usually skip on my pod, Sorry. I vote Long Road too

Peekaboo
11-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Long Road was actually one of my least favorite songs on the album until i saw them perform it live. Now it's in my top five. I think i'm gonna go for I Don't Want To Hear Anymore during this round.

DonFan
11-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Yay--I can finally start voting for OTHER songs now! It's about time!

Don's "statement" songs seem to be going down quickly this game. :-?
I wasn't a fan of Fast Company :tonguewag:, but I love both Frail Grasp and Business as Usual. And Long Road is unbelievably powerful live--it must stay around longer!

So, I cast my vote for You Are Not Alone. I appreciate the sentiment behind this song but to me, it is just an average effort.

Brooke
11-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Oh boy! LROOE is just such an epic with such beautiful guitar work it has grown by leaps and bounds for me.

So since I finally get to vote for something different, and I Dreamed There Was No War is immune, I must go with I Don't Want To Hear Anymore. Tim sings it beautifully, but it's not one of my favorites.

Prettymaid
11-08-2008, 10:25 AM
I literally have a list, and COTU is literally at the bottom. It's time for it to go.

I cast my vote for Center of the Universe

(and that's alright with me) ;)

Wildthyme
11-08-2008, 11:50 AM
I am with you on that one PM. I cast my vote for Center of the Universe also.

EagleLady
11-08-2008, 12:06 PM
I vote for Center of the Universe. DF How can You are not alone be average? I think it is a beautiful piece and Glenn wrote it for his daughter.

AzEaglesFan
11-08-2008, 12:09 PM
I'll go with Center of the Universe

DonFan
11-08-2008, 12:24 PM
I vote for Center of the Universe. DF How can You are not alone be average? I think it is a beautiful piece and Glenn wrote it for his daughter.
Like I said, I appreciate the sentiment behind it, but the song just doesn't appeal to me.

EagleLady
11-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Like I said, I appreciate the sentiment behind it, but the song just doesn't appeal to me.

Ok. That's fine.

Troubadour
11-08-2008, 12:33 PM
Hurrah, I finally get to vote for something else! But... Center Of The Universe? I've loved that song since the first time I heard it. I hope it doesn't go just yet. The same with Long Road.

This is a difficult choice, but I'm going to have to vote for I Don't Want To Hear Anymore. No real reason, because I adore all the songs left. It just excites me less than the others.

TimothyBFan
11-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Finally I can quit voting for ILTWAWD!!! Yippee!!

Come on guys---Leave I Don't Want To Hear Anymore alone!! It's a beautiful song!!!

I had every intention of voting for Center of the Universe once ILTWAWD was gone (looks like it could go without my vote) but since I have been really trying to listen to all aspects of this cd since the game started, I have changed my view a bit on that song.

My vote is going for You Are Not Alone this time.

Just can't really feel for this song. I also understand the sentiment behind it but I agree DF--just seems average to me.

EagleLady
11-08-2008, 02:28 PM
:enraged:

timfan
11-08-2008, 04:06 PM

Prettymaid
11-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Just a word on behalf of You Are Not Alone -

I love, love, love the drums on this song. Listen as they come in on the second verse and then remain constant through the rest of the song. It sounds like something you would hear in a civil war era movie. And that makes me think of our troops stationed throughout the world. Now listen to the words of the song as if they're being sung to our troops.

Now try to hold back the tears... :cry:

TimothyBFan
11-08-2008, 05:05 PM
I have noticed that about the drums before and agree they do sound like civil war drums or something. The song actually just played on my ipod a few minutes ago and I tried to listen to it again from that point of view, and hate to sound callous, but it still isn't working for me. Sorry!

Freypower
11-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Someone please tell me what is so wonderful about IDTWNW that it has now been made immune THREE times. It is pleasant but let's get some perspective.

The power of YANA comes from its simplicity. It is a beautiful performance by Glenn.

Regarding Don's statement songs all being voted off, it seems very unusual for Eagles fans to take such an approach. Please think very carefully about the title track.

At last, my perennial votes for I Don't Want To Hear Any More may have some effect. I cast my vote for it, now with some hope.

GlennLover
11-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Sorry Tim fans :-(. I am going to vote for I Don't Want To Hear Any More. It's not a vote against Timothy. I love his voice & the way he sings it. It's just the song. I do like it, I just like others better. I love the melody & harmonies on COTU. I also particularly like LROOE, I find it very moving. I am also a fan of YANA, although Iwish it was a bit longer & had a break between verses.

Maleah
11-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Wow......I really don't know what to say or what to vote for. lol It really suprises me that IDTWNW continues to be saved. I listened to it twice and haven't heard it since, simply because I would rather hear the guys actually singing. It's a beautiful instrumental but......I don't know. Oh well. lol And I could NEVER vote for LROOE this early! lol I love everything about the song except for the long intro piece. But live.......wow.......it gave me goosebumps and I LOVED it! It's a really hard choice and it seems like it's come down to "I Don't Want To Hear Any More" and "Center of the Universe" unfortunately. :( I really like both songs and I do like "You Are No Alone" as well, but I don't listen to it nearly as much. I just can't bring myself to help get rid of the other two. lol Therefore, as beautifu as it is........

I cast my vote for You Are Not Alone :(

sodascouts
11-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Someone please tell me what is so wonderful about IDTWNW that it has now been made immune THREE times. It is pleasant but let's get some perspective.

Obviously, not everyone agrees with your opinion about the song, FP. Let's not get judgmental and act like there is something wrong with people who don't feel that IDTWNW is nothing more than "pleasant."

Personally, I find the instrumentation very evocative.

The power of YANA comes from its simplicity. It is a beautiful performance by Glenn.

I agree here. :)

Regarding Don's statement songs all being voted off, it seems very unusual for Eagles fans to take such an approach. Please think very carefully about the title track.

I voted for Frail Grasp because its "message" comes across as mean-spirited to me, rendering it unenjoyable. I feel that's just as valid as voting off a song because you feel it should be on a solo album, or any other reasoning one uses. All our opinions are valid.

LROOE is not a bad song. Live, it's really affecting. Its shining moments to me are its incredible guitar solo, Don's powerful vocal on the bridge, the strength of the harmonies on parts of the verses, and the originality of the lyrics.

That said, I voted for LROOE because I feel it is overlong, drags in some places, and has a rather cheesy usage of middle-Eastern instruments about halfway through which brings the entire song to a screeching halt. Yeah, we get it, we're talking about the Middle East! Reminds me of the organ music in Frail Grasp - unnecessary, unoriginal, and gimmicky.

"Message song" does not equal "better song."

Honestly, I think a poll of many Eagles fans would find Frail Grasp and LROOE in the bottom half of the album's listenability list; I don't think it's so "unusual." Outside of Eagles fans, that's even more true. These are not the standout tracks for the majority of people. That's not a value judgment; many excellent songs are not the most popular. It's inaccurate to call the opinion "unusual" though.

JMHO.

Brooke
11-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Just a word on behalf of You Are Not Alone -

I love, love, love the drums on this song. Listen as they come in on the second verse and then remain constant through the rest of the song. It sounds like something you would hear in a civil war era movie. And that makes me think of our troops stationed throughout the world. Now listen to the words of the song as if they're being sung to our troops.

Now try to hold back the tears... :cry:

It really is a beautiful song and this sums it us for me Pm. Thanks.

And Fp, I agree about IDTWNW. It is also beautiful, but to me a song must have words and it shouldn't really even be in the running.

glenneaglesfan
11-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Maleah, I feel your pain! And LROOE is a magnificent song, and showcases Joe when he plays it live.

I'm going to risk some angst here, but for me the next song to go should be You Are Not Alone. It's a moving sentiment, but I feel it could have gone to a third verse.

Freypower
11-08-2008, 06:59 PM
I find IDTWNW evocative too, Soda, but I draw the line at agreeing with the apparently high place it will apparently receive. I didn't mean to sound judgmental there, but I admit to surprise. But I don't agree with Brooke that a song has to have words for it to be effective. I cite one of my favourite instrumentals ever, Mark Knopfler's Going Home, which I suspect may have influenced Glenn.

I disagree about the use of the Middle Eastern music in LROOE. It gives the song that extra, haunting dimension that takes it to a new level. I don't think they have used those instruments as a 'gimmick' (and I also think the organ in Frail Grasp is clever too, not a gimmick). LROOE is perhaps the most ambitious piece of music the band has ever released (the entire song, I mean). And no, I don't like the song just because it has a 'message', although that helps. To me Don has written some amazingly evocative lyrics and when Glenn sings with him it climbs to heights I never thought the band could reach again. If I'm alone in my opinion of the title track, fair enough, I suppose.

Saying it's 'unusual' that people are voting off the message songs still makes sense to me because in recent times the message songs have dominated the band's output. I find a couple of the songs that are still in the game far too lightweight, even though they are necessary to the album, but again, that's personal opinion.

ticky
11-08-2008, 07:20 PM
could we, maybe, get a primer on all the initials??? *G* I get way confused over all that. OR maybe we could use one word names for the songs? Like "Dance" could be ILTWAWD or Road could be LROOE (which is actually one I DO know *G*) etc.. I dont have any problem with discussion over the songs, thats cool.. but my mind is reeling over the initials..

sodascouts
11-08-2008, 07:43 PM
It's the Eagle's fault for making a good number of their song titles hideously long!

BAU = Business As Usual

BBF = Busy Being Fabulous

COTU = Center of the Universe

DS = Do Something (almost always written out)

FC = Fast Company (often written out)

FGOTBP = Frail Grasp on the Big Picture (sometimes referred to as "Frail Grasp")

GOTC = Guilty of the Crime

HL = How Long (usually written out)

IDTWNW = I Dreamed There Was No War

IDWTHAM = I Don't Want to Hear Any More (Note: sometimes people will mistakenly abbreviate this as IDWTHA due to combining the last two words into "anymore" rather than "any more")

ILTWAWD = I Love to Watch a Woman Dance

IYWN = It's Your World Now

LGTIT = Last Good Time in Town

LROOE = Long Road Out of Eden

NMCD = No More Cloudy Days

NMWITW = No More Walks in the Wood

WDIDWMH = What Do I Do with My Heart

WITW = Waiting in the Weeds

YANA = You Are Not Alone

DonFan
11-08-2008, 08:16 PM
I disagree about the use of the Middle Eastern music in LROOE. It gives the song that extra, haunting dimension that takes it to a new level. I don't think they have used those instruments as a 'gimmick' (and I also think the organ in Frail Grasp is clever too, not a gimmick).
I also love the Middle Eastern music in LROOE and the organ music in Frail Grasp.

LROOE is perhaps the most ambitious piece of music the band has ever released (the entire song, I mean)....To me Don has written some amazingly evocative lyrics and when Glenn sings with him it climbs to heights I never thought the band could reach again. If I'm alone in my opinion of the title track, fair enough, I suppose.
You are not alone, FP. (ouch!;))

EagleLady
11-08-2008, 08:17 PM
:mad:

Prettymaid
11-08-2008, 08:34 PM
I find a couple of the songs that are still in the game far too lightweight, even though they are necessary to the album, but again, that's personal opinion.

"Necessary to the album"? FP, You make it sound as if the band has been forced to include feel-good songs to balance out the rest of the album. Both types of songs are equal, in that everyone has their own opinion as to their favorites.

I think of my song list here in front of me broken down into thirds. Fortunately for me, nothing in my top third has been voted off yet, and only one song in my middle third has been (FC). I can live with that. For me, it only gets really tough when my top third of songs start going. I empathise with any of you who are facing that already.

ticky
11-08-2008, 09:14 PM
WHEW thanks Soda *G*

Maleah
11-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think the middle eastern music is very fitting for the title song and it enhances the mood of the song greatly. I just don't like how long it is in the beginning. If the intro part was shorter I think it would be perfect, as I really like how it breaks down into that later in the song.

Maleah
11-09-2008, 03:48 AM
Maleah, I feel your pain! And LROOE is a magnificent song, and showcases Joe when he plays it live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvsdn97PLNc

You mean that little ole thing? :D Nah....that's really not that impressive....not at all...........er......excuse me as I pick my jaw up off the floor :D

eaglesvet
11-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Again, even though there are a couple of songs (at least) that I like less...so as not to "waste" a vote for one of those yet, I vote for I Don't Want to Hear Anymore.

11-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Well, I'm sorry to have missed the last few rounds of the game. There have been lots of interesting results and discussion in the game so far. It continuously amazes me how "all over the place" we always are with our opinions about various songs. That only tells me how good all of these songs are. I have said before that I don't think there is a bad song on either of the LROOE discs. I, of course, am sad that ILTWAWD went down (too bad I wasn't around because my vote could have saved it.) However, I am delighted that YANA and IDTWNW are still around. They are both very beautiful, special songs to me. Having said that, I like IDWTHA as well, but, unfortunately, something has to go. Therefore, ...

I cast my vote for I Don't Want To Hear Any More.

Prettymaid
11-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Dreamer, welcome back! We've missed you. :grouphug:

TimothyBFan
11-09-2008, 08:52 PM
OH MY So sad--- I think Timmy is going down this round!! :cry:

sodascouts
11-09-2008, 09:04 PM
The fifth song to leave Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is I Don’t Want to Hear Any More. “I Don’t Want to Hear Any More,” I won’t ask you to stay. In fact, please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
I Don’t Want to Hear Any More – 7
Center of the Universe – 5
You Are Not Alone – 4
Long Road Out of Eden – 2

Vote Breakdown
I Don’t Want to Hear Any More – Peekaboo
I Don’t Want to Hear Any More – Brooke
I Don’t Want to Hear Any More – Troubadour
I Don’t Want to Hear Any More – GlennLover
I Don’t Want to Hear Any More – eaglesvet
I Don’t Want to Hear Any More – Ive always been a dreamer
Center of the Universe – PrettyMaid
Center of the Universe – EagleLady
Center of the Universe – AzEaglesFan
Center of the Universe – timfan
You Are Not Alone – DonFan
You Are Not Alone – TimothyBFan
You Are Not Alone – Maleah
You Are Not Alone – glenneaglesfan
Long Road Out of Eden – SodaScouts
Long Road Out of Eden – ticky

Songs eliminated:
Fast Company 11/01
I Don’t Want to Hear Any More 11/09

Songs remaining:
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Guilty of the Crime
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Do Something
You Are Not Alone
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Last Good Time in Town
Business As Usual
Center of the Universe
It’s Your World Now

Round 6 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

Who wrote the poem that inspired the song No More Walks in the Wood?

NEW RULE: you MUST include the song you want to be immune along with your answer for it to be counted.

TimothyBFan
11-09-2008, 09:07 PM
John Hollander

Do Something if this is right

sodascouts
11-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Correct, Willie!

DO SOMETHING is immune.

Round 6 starts now!

Maleah
11-09-2008, 09:10 PM
I cast my vote for I Dreamed There Was No War

TimothyBFan
11-09-2008, 09:15 PM
:yay: I was finally here for the closing of a round to answer the question---and I was actually right!!
So sad about IDWTHA--It was one of my faves (and not just because of the singer either!)

I am sticking with my vote for You Are Not Alone. Sorry guys!

timfan
11-09-2008, 09:22 PM

The_Girl_Of_Summer
11-09-2008, 11:29 PM

EagleLady
11-09-2008, 11:33 PM
I vote for What do I do with my Heart

sodascouts
11-10-2008, 12:02 AM
Once again, I cast my vote for Long Road Out of Eden.

DonFan
11-10-2008, 12:44 AM
I'm sticking with my former vote, too.
I vote for You Are Not Alone.

ticky
11-10-2008, 01:27 AM
Long Road

Mrs Henley
11-10-2008, 06:53 AM
I vote for I Dreamed There Was No War Sorry for Glenn's brilliant music, but it's not my song.

Troubadour
11-10-2008, 03:43 PM
I vote for I Dreamed There Was No War.

Wildthyme
11-10-2008, 04:25 PM
My vote is for Long Road Out of Eden

Prettymaid
11-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Hey WT, is Ticky influencing your vote while you're with her? I thought you were going to help me knock out COTU! ;)

(I'm not ready to vote yet.)

ticky
11-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Nahh.. she likes Long Road.. I do too.. but it's a little windy for my tastes.. COTU i kinna like!

Brooke
11-10-2008, 07:16 PM
I cast my vote for I Dreamed There Was No War.

It's pretty enough. I just like words in my songs better.

eaglesvet
11-10-2008, 08:39 PM

GlennLover
11-10-2008, 10:34 PM
As much as I hate to do it, I cast my vote for I Dreamed There Was No War :-(. I can't let LROOE go yet.

Peekaboo
11-11-2008, 03:29 AM
As much as I hate to do it, I cast my vote for I Dreamed There Was No War :-(. I can't let LROOE go yet.

I feel the same way GL. I love the instrumental stuff but LROOE is just so amazing to see live that i don't want it to be voted off so soon. In order to try to save it I'm gonna go with IDTWNW for this round.

Wildthyme
11-11-2008, 04:22 AM
Hey WT, is Ticky influencing your vote while you're with her? I thought you were going to help me knock out COTU! ;)

(I'm not ready to vote yet.)

I decided to vote for LROOE this round because I don't want to see IDTWNW eliminated just yet.... You and I are still on the same page about COTU, believe me...:thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
11-11-2008, 05:14 AM
Well I absolutely LOVE IDTWNW! It is so peaceful and relaxing to listen to . I dream of watching Glenn :heart: perform it. Live!! (And I WILL someday). I did my best to immunise it. In order to keep it there I too vote to eliminate 'Long Road Out of Eden'. Don't get me wrong, I love that too and it does NOT seem like 10 minutes long. But hey......

Prettymaid
11-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Well, since I Dreamed is obviously leaving tonight, I will continue to add votes to COTU.

I cast my vote for Center Of The Universe

Freypower
11-11-2008, 05:40 PM
OK. The song I intended to vote for is nowhere to be seen yet, so I'm happy to cast my vote for I Dreamed There Was No War this round, moving though it is.

Glennsallnighter
11-11-2008, 06:48 PM
I can't believe IDTWNW might go on Armistice Day!

Prettymaid
11-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Don't take it too hard,GA, it lived a good, long life!

sodascouts
11-11-2008, 07:13 PM
I can't believe IDTWNW might go on Armistice Day!

Oh, man! That's harsh! :(

11-11-2008, 08:28 PM
Of course I'm also very sad to see I Dreamed There Was No War go. I will vote for the future - even though this song has beautiful harmonies, it's not among my favorites either, so ...

I cast my vote for Center of the Universe.

sodascouts
11-11-2008, 09:03 PM
The sixth song to leave Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is I Dreamed There Was No War. “I Dreamed There Was No War,” keep dreaming someplace else. Please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
I Dreamed There Was No War – 10
Long Road Out of Eden – 4
Center of the Universe – 2
You Are Not Alone – 2
What Do I Do with My Heart – 1

Vote Breakdown
I Dreamed There Was No War – Maleah
I Dreamed There Was No War – timfan
I Dreamed There Was No War – The Girl of Summer
I Dreamed There Was No War – Mrs Henley
I Dreamed There Was No War – Troubadour
I Dreamed There Was No War – Brooke
I Dreamed There Was No War – eaglesvet
I Dreamed There Was No War – GlennLover
I Dreamed There Was No War – Peekaboo
I Dreamed There Was No War – Freypower
Long Road Out of Eden – WildThymeLong Road Out of Eden – Glennsallnighter
Center of the Universe – Ive always been a dreamer
You Are Not Alone – TimothyBFan
You Are Not Alone – DonFan
What Do I Do with My Heart – EagleLady

Songs eliminated:
Fast Company 11/01

Songs remaining:
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Guilty of the Crime
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Do Something
You Are Not Alone
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Last Good Time in Town
Business As Usual
Center of the Universe
It’s Your World Now

Round 7 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

Which song is co-written exclusively by three Eagles?

NEW RULE: you MUST include the song you want to be immune along with your answer for it to be counted.

Prettymaid
11-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Long Road Out of Eden - if correct - immune You are Not Alone

sodascouts
11-11-2008, 09:10 PM
You are indeed!

You Are Not Alone is immune.

Round 7 begins now!

Freypower
11-11-2008, 09:12 PM
I keep missing the immunity questions.

Oh well - I suspect my next vote will not be popular but I have to vote for my second least favourite track on the album.

I cast my vote for Guilty Of The Crime.

EagleLady
11-11-2008, 09:30 PM
I too, also vote for guilty of the crime

Brooke
11-11-2008, 09:30 PM
I cast my vote for Last Good Time In Town.

sodascouts
11-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Hey guys, stop pickin' on Joe!

Joe fans, let's save the day! Form a coalition with me!

I cast my vote for Long Road Out of Eden.

EagleLady
11-11-2008, 09:46 PM
I'm not picking on Joe, It's just the song doesn't really appeal to me. Sorry Joseph, Love ya

ticky
11-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Long Road (again)

11-11-2008, 10:40 PM
I don't think there is enough support to vote off Long Road Out of Eden at this time nor do I think it deserves to be voted off this early. I believe from reading this thread that there is a better chance of forming a coalition by voting for Center of the Universe. However, I am going to withhold my vote for now to see what happens with the coalitions.

Maleah
11-12-2008, 01:04 AM
I vote for Last Good Time In Town

Wildthyme
11-12-2008, 01:16 AM
I vote for Center of the Universe this round...

AzEaglesFan
11-12-2008, 01:54 AM
Center of the Universe

Prettymaid
11-12-2008, 08:38 AM
Surprise!

Troubadour
11-12-2008, 09:30 AM
I've been trying to put the tracks into some sort of order on paper, but it is so, so difficult. "Do Something" took me by surprise this afternoon and made me all choked up, so I'm constantly rethinking my favourites! This is half the fun though. And it shows the strength of the songs. After a year of listening to the album, certain tracks can still grip you without warning.

This may be a wasted (and unpopular) vote, but I'm going to have to go with It's Your World Now. It's just my least favourite from the remaining songs. Although I appreciate the lyrics and can see the optimistic side of the sentiment, it still makes me a little depressed.

TimothyBFan
11-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Troub--glad you did this first!!!

Since the song I have been voting for is now immune this round I'm going with my next choice It's Your World Now. Just don't care much for the music in this song.

DonFan
11-12-2008, 10:01 AM
I vote for Center of the Universe.

Prettymaid
11-12-2008, 02:19 PM
So much for coalitions this round...we're all over the place! lol

Glennsallnighter
11-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Well I suppose some of us are caught between voting off what genuinely is a less appealing song or watching the demise of a personal favourite. Hence the coalition. I can't vote off COTU or IYWN yet, I love both of them. So I think I'll run with 'Last Good Time in Town'. Sorry Joe Fans. Please don't take it to heart!!

eaglesvet
11-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Well, I'm actually going to vote for the song I like the least, though it won't really contribute to the standings...Somebody. I just didn't think I could actually vote for any of the others just yet.

Freypower
11-12-2008, 10:28 PM
Re Last Good Time In Town... in my opinion it is far superior to Guilty Of The Crime. I can't see why GOTC is lasting this long. It's a bit of fun but that's about all I can say for it, personally.

Prettymaid
11-13-2008, 12:12 AM
Re Last Good Time In Town... in my opinion it is far superior to Guilty Of The Crime.

Well, well, FP, I couldn't agree more. :thumbsup:

Peekaboo
11-13-2008, 02:55 AM
I'm really undecided right now. There's no way i'm gonna vote for Long Road right now, especially after the performance i saw last night but i don't know if i should vote for Center of the Universe or Last Good Time in Town. And i agree with Troub and TBF about It's Your World Now. I love the lyrics but the music doesn't go with it. Decisions, decisions.

How much time do i have left to decide?

Maleah
11-13-2008, 03:14 AM
See for me Guilty of the Crime far surpasses Last Good Time In Town. LGTIT is another one of those that I only listen to every now and then. It's just not something I like to sing along with and it doesn't really fit Joe to me. Whereas GOTC is fun and totally Joe (imo only of course!) and I love to sing a long with it! Just a view from the other side of the fence on the two songs. They're both good though.

TimothyBFan
11-13-2008, 08:28 AM
Well, I'm actually going to vote for the song I like the least, though it won't really contribute to the standings...Somebody. I just didn't think I could actually vote for any of the others just yet.

EV-I agree with you about voting for the song I like the least. I don't fully understand the whole coalition thing but that's just me probably over thinking it. I do have to disagree with you about your choice this time tho! :)

Prettymaid
11-13-2008, 09:13 AM
See for me Guilty of the Crime far surpasses Last Good Time In Town. LGTIT is another one of those that I only listen to every now and then. It's just not something I like to sing along with and it doesn't really fit Joe to me. Whereas GOTC is fun and totally Joe (imo only of course!) and I love to sing a long with it! Just a view from the other side of the fence on the two songs. They're both good though.

Well, if now is the time for me to defend Last Good Time In Town, I'm ready! :armed:

I love the fun beginning. Whenever it starts my head stars bopping back and forth. Then the cool bass comes in. I love the bass throughout this song. And then the guitar - awesome!

I love Joe's vocals on this song, especially the chorus. I like the way he doesn't sing the chorus exactly the same way the second time as the first. The trombone parts are great. They remind me for some reason of the beginning of The Simpsons, little Lisa wandering off with her sax.

The guitar solo is excellent - I love the way it starts out in a minor key and changes to a major. And finally, you know how some songs that you like are either too short or too long? LGTIT is ju-u-u-st right!

I'll admit it - this song is way up there, just third down from the top of my list, but, after all, I am a Joe fan!

sodascouts
11-13-2008, 12:06 PM
Peek - you have 'til 8:00 Eastern.

As far as the "coalition" goes - here's how it works. Say you really like a certain song, and you see it's in danger of being voted off. The only way it can be saved is if another song gets more votes. So you say to yourself, "Well, the song I like least [insert song here], isn't getting votes from anyone else. But there's this other song that IS getting a lot of votes. If I help that song along, it might get more votes, saving my favorite. Otherwise, my vote is wasted."

It's like Green Party folks deciding to vote for Obama instead of their third party candidate because they know that the third party candidate has no chance, and voting for Obama will help defeat the guy they don't want in the White House.

TimothyBFan
11-13-2008, 12:13 PM
I guess I'm wasting alot of votes huh? Sorry, but I just have my little list here that I just keep track of and vote my least fave first (unless it's immuned-thanks PM!:)) I hope I'm not ticking anyone off by doing it that way instead of joining coalitions. :oops: Does that mess up the game the way I am doing it? For some reason, I'm having trouble getting my mind around it. DUH!!!

sodascouts
11-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Oh, of course not! You can vote however you like. I just wanted to explain so you didn't think we coalition folks were crazy. ;)

Prettymaid
11-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Of course you're not ticking anybody off, Willie. Do it however you like. :computer::nod:

As I've said, I have a list, but I think of the list in 'groups' - least favorites, middle favorites and top favorites. COTU is my least fav on the disc and it isn't gone yet, but my next bottom 5 have all been voted off with the help of my votes, so I don't mind that my least fav hasn't gone yet. Looking at the big picture, most of my least favs have gone, so Im happy with how the game is playing out so far.

11-13-2008, 01:01 PM
TBF - one thing we continuously try to emphasize here is that everyone playing this game is free to vote for whatever song they like for whatever reason they like without having their vote devalued. Even when some of us try to sway the vote or urge voters to form coalitions, it's all in fun and doesn't always work.

I may not be around tonight when the voting closes for this round, so I have to vote earlier than I like. For me, I love both of Joe's songs on this album almost equally. I guess I would have to give a slight edge to Last Good Time In Town though because I love the quirky, clever lyrics - to me it is vintage Joe (just a bit older and matured). Also, Joe didn't write GOTC so that knocks it down a notch for me. I would hate to see LGTIT eliminated so soon, so I urge anyone who hasn't voted to join me in trying to save this song. Join the coalition and vote for COTU.

Prettymaid
11-13-2008, 01:23 PM
For me, I love both of Joe's songs on this album almost equally. I guess I would have to give a slight edge to Last Good Time In Town though because I love the quirky, clever lyrics - to me it is vintage Joe (just a bit older and matured). Also, Joe didn't write GOTC so that knocks it down a notch for me. I would hate to see LGTIT eliminated so soon, so I urge anyone who hasn't voted to join me in trying to save this song. Join the coalition and vote for COTU.

Thank you Dreamer for that brilliant synopsis! ;)

Brooke
11-13-2008, 02:14 PM
I have a list too, and so far it's going good as for my least liked songs going out. This round may be different though! :sad:

sodascouts
11-13-2008, 02:19 PM
I'm with you, Brooke. I like Center of the Universe, especially the "oooh, love..." part.

Peekaboo
11-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Okay so i had to pull out a pen and paper and make a list. I already new my top 5 but it was pretty tough to choose after that. I had to go back and listen to the songs more intently. It was a really tough choice but it came down to Last Good Time In Town. Sorry Joe fans.

sodascouts
11-13-2008, 09:01 PM
The seventh song to leave Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is Center of the Universe. “Center of the Universe,” I hate to disappoint you, but please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Center of the Universe – 5
Last Good Time in Town – 4
Guilty of the Crime – 2
Long Road Out of Eden – 2
It’s Your World Now – 2
Somebody – 1

Vote Breakdown
Center of the Universe – AzEaglesFan
Center of the Universe – DonFan
Center of the Universe – Ive always been a dreamer
Last Good Time in Town – Brooke
Last Good Time in Town – Maleah
Last Good Time in Town – Glennsallnighter
Last Good Time in Town – Peekaboo
Guilty of the Crime – FreyPower
Guilty of the Crime – timfan
It’s Your World Now – Troubadour
It’s Your World Now – TimothyBFan
Somebody – eaglesvet

Songs eliminated:
Fast Company 11/01
Center of the Universe 11/13

Songs remaining:
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Guilty of the Crime
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Do Something
You Are Not Alone
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Last Good Time in Town
Business As Usual
It’s Your World Now

Round 8 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

Which songs from Long Road Out of Eden also appeared on the Farewell 1 bonus disc, released in 2007?

NOTE: you MUST include the song you want to be immune along with your answer for it to be counted.

Freypower
11-13-2008, 09:02 PM
No More Cloudy Days
Fast Company
Do Something

If correct I would like Long Road Out Of Eden to be immune.

sodascouts
11-13-2008, 09:04 PM
You are correct!

Long Road Out of Eden is immune.

Round 8 begins now!