PDA

View Full Version : Michael Crichton passed away at 66

ticky
11-05-2008, 10:26 PM
This is so sad. He was best known of course, for his sci fi works like Jurassic Park and West World, but he was a wonderful author and talent. He died at the young age of 66 from what he described as his personal battle with cancer. He was also the writer, creator and director of the TV show ER. He attended and graduated medical school but never did a residency and went into writing instead. I will miss his continuing work very much.

TimothyBFan
11-06-2008, 08:21 AM
Just heard about this a couple of minutes ago. I hadn't heard that he had been sick. Very sad news for the literary world.

sodascouts
11-07-2008, 12:40 PM
What a shame. I didn't even know he was sick. Life imitated art there, as the character Dr. Green on ER died from cancer a couple years ago, if I remember correctly.

Brooke
11-07-2008, 02:52 PM
What a shame. I didn't even know he was sick. Life imitated art there, as the character Dr. Green on ER died from cancer a couple years ago, if I remember correctly.

Yes Dr. Green died, but he has made a return to ER! I missed it last night, but saw the previews for next week and he is on! :shrug:

Of course in tv lots of people return from the dead. :lol:

glenneaglesfan
11-08-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm sad to hear this. He was a great author and an inspiration for many exciting films. My condolences to his family.

Glennsallnighter
11-18-2008, 06:37 PM
Mine too! I love ER and look for forward to each new season. May he rest in peace.