PDA

View Full Version : English magazine article

MartinG
11-07-2008, 12:22 PM
As promised I am attaching pages from Zigzag magazine from 1975 re the Midsummer Madness concert featuring Joe. If you are unable to read the print, let me know and I can send direct to you a much larger file which is easier to read. However these I think are okay.
First time I've post pics so hope they work!

regards

martin g

ticky
11-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Wow! Martin! thank you for that! I wish I could read that lineage better *G* what a great article! Thanks again!

MartinG
11-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Wow! Martin! thank you for that! I wish I could read that lineage better *G* what a great article! Thanks again!

Would it help if I broke the article down into smaller chunks and posted them?

MartinG
11-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Reading the article again brings it all back. Me and two mates drove up to London from Southampton (south coast) for the gig and it was a scorching hot summer's day. We booked tickets for Elton John and the Eagles as it was advertised, and were stunned when a week or so later Joe was announced as we were huge fans.
What pleased us was how responsive the UK fans were - Joe got a big cheer whenever his name was announced by the MC and he came on mid afternoon with the words "I ain't been up this early in years!"
The set was fab as you can guess from the listing, and of course soon after he joined the Eagles. If the truth be told, for the English audience the Beach Boys just blew everybody away but I still fill up when I think of that day...what a line up!!

martin G

Freypower
11-07-2008, 05:58 PM
So you were at that Wembley show in 1975 with Elton, the Beach Boys, the Eagles and Joe? I think you're the first person I've encountered who was actually at that show. How cool.

sodascouts
11-07-2008, 07:16 PM
I've got pictures from that show and it looked INCREDIBLE. I'm so jealous, Martin. What an amazing experience!

MartinG
11-11-2008, 12:43 PM
If you read Pete Frame's family tree, he gets a bit snarky about being "forced" to do it because he doesn't care about Joe Walsh or the James Gang! Hmmph!

Still fascinating reading.

The man has no taste!!

Prettymaid
11-11-2008, 01:00 PM
John Tobler's article was almost like being there (33 years later). I found myself laughing at his comical dismay at the distance from the press box to the stage, and his reports on the use of the message board. Good read!