PDA

View Full Version : Midsummer Madness - Joe in London 1975

MartinG
11-08-2008, 05:44 AM
As you say - what a concert! Stevie Wonder was rumoured to be supporting at one stage but he was replaced by the Beach Boys. My self and two mates had been big JW fans since hearing "So What", tracks from which were played by John Peel a lot in the UK (legendary English DJ). We got the earlier albums and played them to death.
I used to have the programme for the concert until a few years back when I sold it to a collector - wish I'd kept it now! The videos on "Joewalshonline" are from that era and bring back a lot of memories. At the gig of course there were no video screens so we shared a pair of binoculars with another fan!
I was also lucky enough to get tickets for the Stratpack concert at Wembley a few years back , which I suppose was technically a Joe Walsh solo gig, allbeit for 20 minutes only.
I live in hope that he'll play in the UK again as a solo artict, but I fear i shall have to rely on Eagles gigs.

martin G

MikeA
11-08-2008, 01:53 PM
I live in hope that he'll play in the UK again as a solo artict, but I fear i shall have to rely on Eagles gigs.

martin G

First off, Welcome to the Forum here! Good to have another guy to talk to. These ladies here are FANTASTIC but sometimes I think they may have a hormone imbalance <LOL>

Don't give up on Joe doing his thing in UK. I have heard him mention a desire to do it. Possibly with Peters and Fox (i.e. James Gang). I saw Walsh with this lineup just a few years ago out in Las Vegas. They still have it and can bring the house down!

TimothyBFan
11-08-2008, 02:35 PM
First off, Welcome to the Forum here! Good to have another guy to talk to. These ladies here are FANTASTIC but sometimes I think they may have a hormone imbalance <LOL>

:rofl::rofl:Sorry!!!!

sodascouts
11-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the details, Martin. I can only imagine going to a concert like that!

MikeA
11-08-2008, 04:50 PM
:rofl::rofl:Sorry!!!!

http://content.sweetim.com/sim/cpie/emoticons/00020069.gif (http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10)

ticky
11-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Mike loves the Hormone imbalances.. dont let him fool you. *G*

MartinG
11-09-2008, 06:42 AM
Mike loves the Hormone imbalances.. dont let him fool you. *G*

As an English gentleman...I am sure that all the ladies on this board are of the most splendid virtue and elegance as befits a female of the species.

(By the way...ILBTs!)

ticky
11-09-2008, 11:31 AM
As an English gentleman...I am sure that all the ladies on this board are of the most splendid virtue and elegance as befits a female of the species.

(By the way...ILBTs!)

:hilarious::rofl: BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAA

Ahem.. of course...

Toonlass
11-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Hi Martin, nice to see another Brit JW fan.

I saw Joe at the Strat Pack as well. It was my first time seeing Joe and I loved it. If you look at the line-up from that, Joe and David Gilmour were really the only true singers and guitarists. Everyone else really had one or the other. It was a lot of fun at that concert.

Oh and Mike---you know you love us ladies! And of course we are :angel:

MartinG
11-11-2008, 04:18 AM
Hi Martin, nice to see another Brit JW fan.

I saw Joe at the Strat Pack as well. It was my first time seeing Joe and I loved it. If you look at the line-up from that, Joe and David Gilmour were really the only true singers and guitarists. Everyone else really had one or the other. It was a lot of fun at that concert.

It was brilliant wasn't it? To hear him play "Can't get enough" with Paul Rodgers was fab. Interesting to see he got the lion's share of the DVD as well.