PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham, AL!

DonFan
11-10-2008, 10:36 AM
http://birminghamseagle.com/images/2008/11/eagleslongroadeden_o.jpg (http://birminghamseagle.com/cgi-bin/info.cgi?type=event&id=2989014) The Eagles are coming to the BJCC Arena on Saturday, January 24th (http://birminghamseagle.com/cgi-bin/info.cgi?type=event&id=2989014)

This was just announced by the radio station Birmingham 106.9 The Eagle!

I can't believe this--they are actually coming HERE, to my hometown!

eaglesvet
11-10-2008, 10:52 AM
Lucky you!!:)

tbs fanatic
11-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Yay! :yay:

TimothyBFan
11-10-2008, 11:45 AM
DF- I am so happy for you!!! What a great Christmas present those tickets would make!!:grin:

Prettymaid
11-10-2008, 11:53 AM
There ya go DF!

DonFan
11-10-2008, 12:45 PM
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I STILL can't believe they are coming here! :fainted:

I'm just a little excited.:partytime::blueblob:

I called my friend Lynda, who is going to the Memphis concert with me this weekend (more :partytime:whoo-hoo!) to tell her about the Eagles here in Bham. We are both SO surprised they are coming here. She wants to go again, of course. My daughter Rachel/Bamagirl wants to go too. She said, “I have to go—they didn't sing Long Road Out of Eden in Myrtle Beach--I HAVE to hear that song!” :thumbsup:

ticky
11-10-2008, 02:06 PM
DF.. So so so Happy for you! Ya know, SOME of us haven't gotten to see them ONCE *G* How many times does this make it for you? *G* Im just kidding, Have a terrific time!! and throw kisses to Joe for me!

sodascouts
11-10-2008, 02:36 PM
How exciting! Have fun and more power to ya for going to as many shows as you can!

glenneaglesfan
11-10-2008, 07:03 PM
DF, that's so exciting for you! Get some great tickets and enjoy the fact you won't have a long drive home! Birmingham, England would be a good next venue!

DonFan
11-10-2008, 07:31 PM
DF.. So so so Happy for you! Ya know, SOME of us haven't gotten to see them ONCE *G* How many times does this make it for you? *G*

Although I have been an Eagles fan for over 30 years, I got serious about them about four years ago.
So....when I see them Sunday, I will have seen the LROOE show four times this year. I never thought I would be lucky enough to see the Eagles that many times in one year, let alone be able to look forward to one more show here in Alabama next January.

Before this year, I have seen the Eagles twice--the Farewell I tour and the California Tour; Joe (with the James Gang) once; and Don four times--solo three times, and once on a joint tour with Stevie Nicks. Plus, I heard Don's lecture at his alma mater, University of North Texas (where I acutally met him), and I saw the Eagles last year at the CMA Awards too.

Fabulous experiences, every one!

TimothyBFan
11-10-2008, 07:49 PM
:jealous: I really am happy to be seeing them for the 2nd time in less than 2 months next Tuesday!! But you are just so lucky DF!!

GlennLover
11-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy DF. :partytime:

eaglesvet
11-10-2008, 11:36 PM
DF, How in the world did they not play Long Road when your daughter saw them? I'm assuming that it was this current LROOE tour, wasn't it? I thought their set list was etched in stone!

DonFan
11-10-2008, 11:40 PM
EV, they didn't play Long Road because when we saw them at the grand opening of the Hard Rock Park in Myrtle Beach, they played an abbreviated set that only lasted about 1 1/2 hours.

eaglesvet
11-10-2008, 11:45 PM
OK. Did they plan anything fun that's not currently on their LROOE play list?

DonFan
11-10-2008, 11:52 PM
Unfortunately, no. They just cut a number of songs to meet the time restraints in the park.

Peekaboo
11-11-2008, 03:25 AM
:jealous: I really am happy to be seeing them for the 2nd time in less than 2 months next Tuesday!! But you are just so lucky DF!!

I second that TBF. When i see them tonight it will also be my 2nd time in less than 2 months also but it is also my 2nd time overall. DF, I'm so happy for you!!!!

Freypower
11-11-2008, 06:24 PM
That is wonderful, DF. You'll love it.

DonFan
01-22-2009, 03:38 PM
TWO DAYS! The Eagles will be here in Birmingham in two days! :yay:

I have GOT to get a job soon. I have been so focused on our monetary situation and going on job interviews that I haven't even had the time to get excited about it! (Of course, buying Eagles' tickets all last year is one reason why I am in the monetary situation I am in now, but anyway...)

Well, the above statement is not true--of course I am excited. It is a little bittersweet since I know this is my last time to see them in a long time....but I DID get to see them so many times last year, and I am so thankful for that. I hope our seats are better than they look on the diagram of the civic center. I know they aren't as close as I would like (are they EVER?), but hopefully they have good sight lines. I think they are on Joe's side again--wish they were in the middle, closer to Don. I'm very excited for both my daughters to get to see them with me. I can't wait to talk to them after the show and get their reactions. Of course I will post a full review as soon as I can.

They play N.O. Friday night--I wonder if they are going to stay there and then fly into Birmingham Saturday and fly right out again--especially since their next gig is in Ft Lauderdale? Probably.

Did I mention that I get to see them in TWO DAYS? :spin: Am I getting excited now? You bet! :nod:

EagleLady
01-22-2009, 03:43 PM
That is so awesome DF, Have a good time :yay:

sodascouts
01-22-2009, 04:19 PM
Ooh, 2 days! I can't wait to hear all about it!

TimothyBFan
01-22-2009, 04:31 PM
Two days till what? :) Seriously DF--Have fun and can not wait to hear all about it. Blow Timothy a great big smooch for me please!!!

Peekaboo
01-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Wow 2 more days!!! That's so great that you get to see the guys again. Seeing this one with your daughters is going to make this a special one for you. Have a wonderful time. Can't wait to read the review.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-23-2009, 12:25 AM
Dana - I know the excitement is building for you. I hope you and the girls have a great time. Well d'oh - of course you will. And I also know exactly what you mean about it being bittersweet since it will probably be your last show for a while. I felt exactly the same way about the Hampton show.

DonFan
01-23-2009, 05:10 PM
One more day!!

Brooke
01-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Hey DF, have a great time tonight! I know you will!

We'll all be waiting with bated breath to hear all about it!

DonFan
01-24-2009, 01:05 PM
Thanks, guys!
Y'know, this concert has taken on almost mythical proportions. All my friends have heard me go on & on about going to Eagles' concerts all over the place and how fabulous the guys are, etc., etc. and now they are FINALLY getting to experience it themselves. I have a dozen friends who are going--several couples, plus both my daughters and a group of their friends, and I am having a pre-concert Eagles DVD-viewing-and-pizza party here tonight for everyone before heading down to the Civic Center. Most of them have never seen the Eagles before, so I can't wait to share the experience with them.

PARTYTIME! :partytime: :headbang: :partytime:

I'll be back MUCH later with all the details!

Brooke
01-24-2009, 02:51 PM
Wow! That is amazing! Have a blast! :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
01-24-2009, 03:45 PM
DF, that is a very good idea! You are very lucky that they are coming to your town and that you don't have to travel this time. And I know what you mean - after having seen them yourself it's exciting to 'share' them with family and friends. Have a blast at your party and at the concert!

EagleLady
01-24-2009, 03:46 PM
Have fun DF :partytime: Blow Don a kiss for me

Glennsallnighter
01-24-2009, 07:50 PM
Have a Wonderful time tonight Dana and if you get a chance blow Glenn :heart: a kiss for me, won't you. :wink: