PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City, MO 11-09-08

tbs fanatic
11-10-2008, 11:28 AM
http://backtorockville.typepad.com/back_to_rockville/2008/11/review-the-eagl.html

Sadly I did not make it to this. I just kept whining to my hubby all night that '...I could be there now but nooooo.' He was not impressed :unimpressed:.

TimothyBFan
11-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Sorry you weren't there TBSF!

The good news is the setlist does show WITW on it so it hasn't been taken out! Kind of a mediocre review but nothing to bad here. Just doesn't sound like he was quite that enthused about the show. Oh well, we all know what a good show they put on!

sodascouts
11-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Thanks for posting this. At least a couple of the photos are good. You can even click on a couple of them to get bigger sizes!

tbs fanatic
11-10-2008, 03:27 PM
I noticed in the 'comments' section all the fans gave it an enthusiastic thumbs up :thumbsup:.

TimothyBFan
11-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Soda-thanks for noticing that you can enlarge the pictures!!! The one of Timothy get huge! Yummy!!!!

DonFan
11-10-2008, 07:10 PM
You are right--the pictures that accompanied that review are great! And several people in the "comments" section could be members of our board. There were some great remarks, and I copied two over here:

"The Eagles are as good as it will ever get. If you're lucky enough to see them live...you're lucky enough. Class and perfection in every song and every note. Talent and harmony like that is unmatched.
Thank you Eagles for almost 40 years of the BEST! I'll be here waiting for the next incredible show."

"I've seen the Eagles several times (including the 1978 gig at Arrowhead)and they have always delivered. Last night was no exception. Great show to say the least.
Highlights - Joe Walsh's guitar work on "Long Road Out of Eden" was sublime. Great to see Joe back on his game.
Don Henley's smoldering vocals on "Desperado" were just jaw dropping...really ended the show on a high note.
"I Can't Tell You Why" was close your eyes...think back and let the flood gates of memories unload. Timothy still has it.
And last but certainly not least - Glenn Frey - after last night's performance there is no doubt whose band this is. Loved his rendition of "Lyin Eyes" and "Somebody"."

(That last one was for you, FP!)

eaglesvet
11-10-2008, 08:35 PM
When you enlarge the photos, it appears that Timmy has a different style suit than the rest...his has a black-on-black plaid thing happening, while the others do not. Maybe his main suit is at the cleaners? Which makes one wonder...how many black suits do these men have for this tour, and how are they getting them cleaned and ready for the next concert? Just a random thought...

sodascouts
11-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Sharp eyes, eaglesvet (I resist the pun, lol). Maybe Tim is rebelling. ;)

tbs fanatic
11-11-2008, 11:16 AM
:laugh: I noticed that too.

TimothyBFan
11-11-2008, 11:23 AM
And he fills it so well!!

Freypower
11-11-2008, 06:27 PM
You are right--the pictures that accompanied that review are great! And several people in the "comments" section could be members of our board. There were some great remarks, and I copied two over here:

"The Eagles are as good as it will ever get. If you're lucky enough to see them live...you're lucky enough. Class and perfection in every song and every note. Talent and harmony like that is unmatched.
Thank you Eagles for almost 40 years of the BEST! I'll be here waiting for the next incredible show."

"I've seen the Eagles several times (including the 1978 gig at Arrowhead)and they have always delivered. Last night was no exception. Great show to say the least.
Highlights - Joe Walsh's guitar work on "Long Road Out of Eden" was sublime. Great to see Joe back on his game.
Don Henley's smoldering vocals on "Desperado" were just jaw dropping...really ended the show on a high note.
"I Can't Tell You Why" was close your eyes...think back and let the flood gates of memories unload. Timothy still has it.
And last but certainly not least - Glenn Frey - after last night's performance there is no doubt whose band this is. Loved his rendition of "Lyin Eyes" and "Somebody"."

(That last one was for you, FP!)

Ah .... yeah..... thank you DF. :partytime:

Er... apart from that, what a nice take on all of them.

Brooke
11-11-2008, 09:14 PM
That was great! Oh to have been there.

I noticed Tim's suit, too. Quite different! I'm sure they all have several suits. You know how sweaty they all are after a couple songs. It's hard work being rock stars! :rockguitar:

lynnzop
09-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Last year's review, posted at 1 a.m. after getting home from the show...

November 9 2008

O.
M.
G.

Truly one of the best concerts I've been to (once I got there...Omaha has GOT to get the traffic control to the Qwest under control...) and I've been to a lot in my lifetime.

I was mildly annoyed at the people in front of my who seemed more interested in their cell phones (which they dropped repeatedly) and texting than the concert. And the persistent yakking they insisted upon during a couple of the songs from Eden.

I sort of kind of jokingly threatened to set the guy in front of me on fire using my BFF Heather's contraband lighter at one point. When the 21 year old sitting on the other side of me gasped, I just said "Dude's annoying me" and gave the lighter back to Heather. It was probably safer.

All things aside...really an amazing concert. The crowd leaned toward the old stuff, but having done my homework, I really loved the new songs. Waiting in the Weeds and Long Road to Eden are my new favorite Eagles tunes.

Don was a wee bit off in the first few bars of "Weeds", but otherwise was spot on. I almost called Brian (a friend) during "Desperado" but it was nearly midnight and I didn't figure he'd appreciate it. (Given that he HATES Desperado, he probably would not appreciate it at any time....). Otherwise, my usual drool. No one needs to be reminded about my "thing" for Don. http://www.eaforums.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif

Glenn, as usual, was the front man for the crowd...he used some familiar set ups for old songs (calling an ex-wife "the Plantiff" when introducing "Lynin' Eyes", saying that the guy's wives used "Take it to the Limit" as their theme song for credit cards), but I didn't mind. It was sort of like listening to my husband tell the same old story for the umpteenth time. http://www.eaforums.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif

Joe is really an amazing guitarist, and it was even more evident on this tour. Or maybe I was just paying more attention. Timothy seems to have recovered nicely from his accident, although I did notice he sang in a lower range than normal.

During the encore, the thought crept into my mind that this might be the last time I see them live. I've never had that come to mind before, so either it's a premonition, or I'm finally facing the fact that the guys might be ready to retire.

Please no. http://www.eaforums.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

I honestly would have to say it was my favorite Eagles concert that I've been to...I really loved the stuff they played from LROE.

And you guys with your 2d row, 4th row seats...I'm totally jealous!!! I've never been able to score main floor for the guys, but seeing them in person, even from the first deck, is amazing. :inlove:

Brooke
09-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Great review, lynn! Thanks for sharing that with us. They are fabulous, aren't they!

sodascouts
09-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Terrific review, Lynn! Would you mind if I put your review in our tour review archive on the board?

lynnzop
09-11-2009, 10:44 PM
NP Soda! Feel free to use whereever. :)

Koala
09-12-2009, 03:47 AM
Great review, I have enjoyed very much to read them!

sodascouts
09-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Thanks Lynn!