PDA

View Full Version : Another "Aging" Eagles Fan

chaleymom
11-14-2008, 11:47 PM
Hey - just happened to find this message board while looking for concert reviews for the boys. I have tickets to see them in Cincinnati and was curious if anyone had knowlege of set lists. I was happy to see they play a 3 hour set. Sweet! My husband and I flew to L.A. to see them at the Nokia Theater in October of '07 and it was one of the best times I've had at a concert. From reading some of the reviews it looks like they've changed it up a little and added more songs from LROE. Yay! I'm looking forward to hearing "Weeds" live! I'm excited to see them again next week - but didn't get floor seats like I wanted. :huh: Oh well - I'm sure I won't be disappointed no matter where we're sitting.

That's it for me! 4 days to go!

ticky
11-15-2008, 12:10 AM
Welcome and Lucky YOU!! ChaleyMom! I havent been lucky enough to see our boys yet this tour but Im keeping my fingers crossed they'll make it west of the Rockies before this tour is over. There are, however, many who have seen them and LOTS of concert info to be had.
This is the absolute best place for us Eagles fans (Im a Joe girl personally in case you hadnt guessed) You'll find a wide variety of Eagle-ites here and a lot of fun stuff.
Glad to have you aboard!

chaleymom
11-15-2008, 12:21 AM
well thanks for the welcome! I was bored at work today and started 'surfing' to see if I could find concert reviews and found this site. I live in Dayton, Ohio so Cincinnati is really close for me. I saw them a couple years ago when they played two cities the same year (Columbus and Cincinnati), then we went to L.A. last year. I'm sort of hopeful (wishful thinking) that they'll add Columbus again this tour. Looks like they keep you 'waiting in the weeds' (haha) and just add a few tour dates at a time.

I've been a fan for more years than I can remember.... my husband and I danced to Don Henley's "Taking You Home" for our wedding dance 7 years ago. Hopefully you'll still get to see them soon! I'm debating flying to Tampa to see them in January (?) since I have a brother there I can stay with.

Happy to have found this site... looks like I have lots of company!

eaglesvet
11-15-2008, 01:20 AM
Hi ChaleyMom, Welcome aboard the Border! I'm also a long-time Eagles fan...33 years and counting! I saw them once during Hell Freezes Over; once this past May; and will see them in less than 2 weeks. I saw that you were interested in the set list. If you look in the Concerts thread, under Tulsa 11-11-08, Peekaboo gives the set list and a review of her experience there. BTW, I spent 4 grueling years in Columbus, OH (a great city), at OSU's Veterinary College---GO BUCKS!!!

sodascouts
11-15-2008, 02:18 AM
Welcome from me, too! I'm live in Indiana and I'm making the three-hour drive over to Cincy as well. I can't wait! It's gonna be a blast! So glad you found us.

Wildthyme
11-15-2008, 03:12 AM
Welcome to the board! This is an awesome place for any Eagles fan to hang out. I am just a little envious of all the lucky mid-westerners and southerners who are getting to see so much of the boys this year. And like ticky, I am crossing my fingers and hoping they will swing west sometime next year. She and I saw them several years ago and we are both waiting anxiously to see them again.

Have a fabulous time at the concert in Cincinnati and please come back and tell us your thoughts about it!

Prettymaid
11-15-2008, 09:53 AM
Welcome Chaleymom! If you've had some time to look at the concert review thread, I'm sure you'll agree that it's much more fun to read a review from a fan that's been to the show rather than a reporter. Please come back and give us your review of Cinncinati.

Littlemelly9
11-15-2008, 10:51 AM
Hello Welcome to the bourder!

DonFan
11-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Welcome, CM! Glad you found us! This is a great place for Eagles fans to hang out.

Have a great time at your concert and please come back here and tell us all about it. I have tickets for the Memphis show tomorrow night, and I just found out this week they are actually coming to my hometown of Birmingham so I get to see them again in January. Yay!

Ive always been a dreamer
11-15-2008, 04:11 PM
Welcome from another "aging Eagles fan" as well, chaleymom. Glad you found us and hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border. It's a great place to come if you want to talk about the greatest American band ever! :wink:

Have a blast in Cincinnati and can't wait to hear all about it.

chaleymom
11-15-2008, 04:20 PM
thank you all for such a warm welcome to this great message board! I feel like I jumped into a new family! HA!

I did check out the concert thread and read Peekaboo's fantastic review and photos of the boys! Makes me really wish I was sitting in the front row next week - but, oh well....

I'll be sure and give you my 'un-professional' review after the Cincinnati concert for those of you who unfortunately can't be there.... hopefully you'll all get your chance!

TimothyBFan
11-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Welcome chaleymom!!! I just popped on to check something out and noticed the topic title of "Another aging eagles fan" and had to check it out since I am one also!! I am also in Indiana (northern part) and I and my daughter are also making the trip to Cincinnati Tuesday. We are heading South and meeting up with Soda and going together from there. Cannot wait!!! My husband and I went to Chicago in September so this is my second time in about 6 weeks!! Whoo Hoo!!!!

Have fun here and join in often!!! Love hearing from other Eagles fan.

Peekaboo
11-15-2008, 07:49 PM
Welcome chaleymom!!! It's always fun to meet more fans of the greatest band in the world. Your gonna love it here. This board is filled with great photos, great reviews, great stories, and even more amazing people. Have fun!!!

Peekaboo
11-15-2008, 07:52 PM
Oh and have a wonderful time in Cincinnati!! Your gonna love every second of that concert, believe me. Oh and i'm also planning to go to the Tampa concert. My cousin lives in St. Pete, which is just across the bridge. Hope to see you there.

chaleymom
11-15-2008, 10:41 PM
So - Soda and TimothyBFan - where are your seats at the Cincinnati show? Close enough for some good pics I hope! I believe we are in section 110 - close to the floor.

I'm glad they are coming to Cincinnati. My daughter is a Freshman at University of Cincinnati (GO BEARCATS!) so I may be able to swing by for a visit before the show. Too bad she's not a big Eagles fan (shame!!!) - but she is a Journey fan and she and I went to see them earlier this year. It's nice to share a GOOD concert with my kids once in awhile! She at least knows how crazy I am about the Eagles - she's the one who told me they were coming to Cincinnati (little did she know I already had my tickets!)

;-)

sodascouts
11-15-2008, 10:53 PM
I don't have a seat yet. Hopefully I'll get a good one!

GlennLover
11-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Welcome CM. Enjoy yourself in Cincinnati! How can you not, it's the Eagles!! I am an aging fan too. I saw them for the 1st time this summer. I'll be anxiously waiting for your review.

Prettymaid
11-16-2008, 10:43 AM
I don't have a seat yet. Hopefully I'll get a good one!

Soda, are you going to pull another 'Chicago'? :grin:

sodascouts
11-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Soda, are you going to pull another 'Chicago'? :grin:

Yep! If I get a good seat, awesome! If not, I've saved money! Works out either way. ;)

Prettymaid
11-16-2008, 03:23 PM
Yep! If I get a good seat, awesome! If not, I've saved money! Works out either way. ;)

That's a good attitude!

TimothyBFan
11-16-2008, 04:20 PM
CM -our tickets are on the floor section 1 row 4 --Timothy's side!!! I want to take pictures but do not have a decent digital camera. Trying to figure out what to do! Might work something out yet.

Glennsallnighter
11-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Welcome from me too CM. I hope you have a great time in Cincinnati!

Soda good luck with those seats. I hope you get a great one for a reasonable price. Blow Glenn :heart: a kiss for me please :wink:

Everyone else that is going, have a great time as well. Can't wait for your reviews and pictures!

chaleymom
11-16-2008, 08:32 PM
So Soda - you're making the drive to Cincy with no ticket? What's your secret? If you have a knack for getting great tickets at the front door or something - how about letting me in on that trick? :headscratch: I'm sure my husband wouldn't mind sitting by himself if he knew at least I WOULD BE IN HEAVEN sitting within kiss-blowing distance! :wink: Or better yet - if you get two in the front row - we'll trade you our tickets! (yeah right....!)

Seriously - good luck - hope you get great seats!

chaleymom
11-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Oh and P.S. - TimothyB fan..... WE have a digital camera! We'd be more than HAPPY to sit in YOUR seats and take those photos for ya! I'm sure you'd still be really happy in OUR seats in 110!

:grin:

TimothyBFan
11-17-2008, 09:20 AM
Oh and P.S. - TimothyB fan..... WE have a digital camera! We'd be more than HAPPY to sit in YOUR seats and take those photos for ya! I'm sure you'd still be really happy in OUR seats in 110!

:grin:

Sorry, no can do, I have plans to rush the stage and grab Timmy!!

I know what you mean about Soda--she has been trying to teach me the virtues of being patient for Eagles tickets!! I did better this time than last!:thumbsup:

chaleymom
11-17-2008, 10:28 AM
Well, if you grab him - bring him on up to Section 110!!!

:partytime:

sodascouts
11-17-2008, 11:34 AM
chaleymom, a lot of times at the last minute, good tickets will come up that weren't available before. Some folks can afford to eat tickets and upgrade, but I gotta hit it at the first shot. It's risky, but it's paid off in the past.

chaleymom
11-17-2008, 12:34 PM
yeah Soda - I've heard that from another "concert guru" friend of mine.....

My husband swears he wanted to put me in the front row (or thereabouts) for this concert and was disappointed in the tickets we got (even though he did the American Express pre-sale). I've been checking all the ticket sites and Craigslist all morning (don't tell my boss!) but the closest I've seen is 7th row of Section 1 or 3 - for around $500-$600 each. I hesitate to pay that much (and eat the $185/ea. tickets we already have)...... will keep looking tonite and tomorrow morning. (I'm still holding out for another future Ohio show.... Columbus or Cleveland maybe?

Troubadour
11-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Just adding a little "official" welcome from me. Great to have you on board! It was lovely to see you in the chat last night, and I know you will have a fantastic time at the Cinc. show. I'm extremely envious, but thrilled for you. Your excitement is tangible ;)

There are lots of topics on the go, as I'm sure you've seen - don't be afraid to jump on in!

chaleymom
11-17-2008, 04:53 PM
awwww... thank you! It's so cool to be talking to someone in England! Someplace I've always wanted to go and hope to get there someday!
I have to say I'm a "chat room virgin" (can I say that??? :oops:) but it was great fun last night chatting with you all! I have to say I'm not quite as quick with the responses as most of you!

So - since I'm BRAND NEW at this... can someone tell me what the designations of : Out on the Border, Border Troubadour, Border Desperado, etc. means? Sorry - I'm clueless!!!

chaleymom
11-17-2008, 04:55 PM
BTW - It's snowing in Dayton!

Troubadour
11-17-2008, 05:12 PM
Heh, I feel the same way about the US! And don't worry, you'll get the hang of the chat thing soon enough - you seemed to be getting along pretty well last night though. It's often quieter, so it's not quite always that relentless!

As for the designations... They're just different statuses to reflect post counts. Out On The Border is the first one, but when you reach a certain number of posts (I think it's 100) you become a Border Desperado. The little coloured guitars show you how far along the "ranks" you are too.

Unfortunately I made an error when I chose my username and I didn't realise that when you reach 1000 posts you become a Border Troubadour. So I'll be "Troubadour... Border Troubadour." What a muppet!

By the way, if you'd like any help sorting out an avatar or a sig, I'd be pleased to help, as would anyone else on here I'm sure ;)

11-17-2008, 05:16 PM
awwww... thank you! It's so cool to be talking to someone in England! Someplace I've always wanted to go and hope to get there someday!
I have to say I'm a "chat room virgin" (can I say that??? :oops:) but it was great fun last night chatting with you all! I have to say I'm not quite as quick with the responses as most of you!

So - since I'm BRAND NEW at this... can someone tell me what the designations of : Out on the Border, Border Troubadour, Border Desperado, etc. means? Sorry - I'm clueless!!!

CM - These names are assigned to members according to the number of posts you have (also designated by the number of colored guitars under the name). The levels are as follows:

Out on the Border - under 100 posts
Border Desperado - 100+ posts
Border Rebel - 500+ posts
Border Troubadour - 1000+ posts
Stuck on the Border - 1500+ posts

This is a fun little feature that automatically happens each time a member reaches one of these milestones.

ETA: Oh well - I guess Troubadour and I were typing our response at the same time. :wink:

chaleymom
11-17-2008, 05:17 PM
well you are most helpful! However, (ahem..) what is an avatar??? And I imagine a 'sig' is your signature - however, there again.... I have no idea how to do that!

Ok - I know the rest of you are scratching your heads saying.... what is SHE doing here!!! LOL

Troubadour
11-17-2008, 05:30 PM
You have a private message, CM ;)

chaleymom
11-17-2008, 05:43 PM
thanks Dreamer..... I doubt if I'll ever be "stuck on the border" - but of course, I've never really considered myself a rebel either....

Guess an old dog can learn new tricks....??

11-17-2008, 06:07 PM
You're welcome, CM. And never say never! Your posts can add up rather quickly when you are absorbed in the fun of talking about the Eagles. :wink: :nod:

eaglesvet
11-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Too funny! I've been a member since early Oct., and wondered the same thing, but never made it a point to ask...and actually, I didn't even notice when I changed designation after 100 posts! I did, however, notice when my 2nd guitar got colored in, so I managed to figure out the significance of that one, at least! And you can see, I haven't yet bothered to get an avatar, but I remember I had a couple of offers of assistance once I have time to try to do it. It's just that I start reading some of these posts, and then I go on and read some others, and before I know it, a WHOLE lot of time has passed, and I have to get back to real life...I guess I mean everyday life...or whatever...

sodascouts
11-17-2008, 09:12 PM
That is your "rank" which tells everyone how often you have posted. When you post more, you get more guitars and different words until your name (as you see, two guitars are filled in at this point).

Ranks change after 100 posts, 500 posts, 1000 posts, and 1500 posts. You cannot change them otherwise. Here are the ranks:

0-99 Out on the Border (one guitar)
100-499 Border Desperado (two guitars)
500-999 Border Rebel (three guitars)
1000-1499 Border Troubadour (four guitars)
1500+ Stuck on the Border (five guitars)

I think I'll post this in the Border News forum for newbies.

chaleymom
11-17-2008, 10:46 PM
OK Eagelsvet - let me ask another question for "us" - haha.....

Now that I know what an avatar is.... why do they only show up sometimes? :hmm:

And BTW Troubadour - I'm still debating on mine.... I think I may have to think about this for a bit longer.... I appreciate your help!

Freypower
11-17-2008, 11:12 PM
Avatars only show up if you have one in your profile.

Prettymaid
11-18-2008, 09:28 AM
Don't worry about it CM. Many of us had to ask about these thing at first. The main thing is to have fun - and it sounds like you already are!

sodascouts
11-18-2008, 09:59 AM
Now that I know what an avatar is.... why do they only show up sometimes? :hmm:

Not everyone chooses to use an avatar - so those folks don't have a picture under their name. You can use a pre-made avatar - they're on the sites like GlennFreyOnline (http://www.glennfreyonline.com), DonHenleyOnline (http://www.donhenleyonline.com), etc. in the downloads section, and some are listed here on the board in topics (although fewer than are on the sites). You can also make your own (must not exceed 150 px in width and 200 in height).

Once you've decided what avatar you like, you can go into your profile and select the option for "Edit Avatar (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/profile.php?do=editavatar)." Just follow the uploading instructions there.

chaleymom
11-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Hey thanks! I've had lots of help - just need to pick one now!

I know I've seen everyone else's though at some point - just can't figure out when (or how) I've seen them since I don't have one in my profile yet.....

What time are you heading to the Buckeye State? You are meeting up with TimothyBFan right? You two have a safe trip and I'm sure we'll have some great reviews to share!

sodascouts
11-18-2008, 11:26 AM
I'm leaving in an hour and a half. Won't be long now!

Prettymaid
11-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Soda, have a great time-good luck on that ticket!

DonFan
11-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Have a great time, Nancy! Can't wait to read your review!

chaleymom
11-20-2008, 11:07 PM
Hey - I THINK I have my new avatar.....

we'll see....

Prettymaid
11-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Hey - I THINK I have my new avatar.....

we'll see....

And what a fine one it is CM! :nod:

glenneaglesfan
11-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Welccme to the Border, chaleymom, and congratulations on your avatar! It took me weeks to work out how to post images and make avatars when I first started. I hope you'll have a lot of fun here, and we look forward to lots of posting with you!

Just Another Hired Hand
11-30-2008, 11:10 PM
I'm another aging Eagles fan...In July, while waiting in line for the Wachovia doors to open in Philadelphia, I looked at the crowd and then said to my wife,"Hey, where did all of these 'old people' come from?" Everyone around us laughed and one of them finally gave me the bad news: "The old people are us!"