PDA

View Full Version : Ask Don Henley questions!

sodascouts
11-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Philly.com is taking questions to send to Don Henley. You have until Nov. 17 to submit questions here (http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/34208124.html).

Wildthyme
11-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Cool... I sent two... one political and one Eagles related... Now I wonder if I will ever know if he answers them...:?::?::?:

sodascouts
11-16-2008, 05:23 PM
I'm sure the website will post them.

Glennsallnighter
11-16-2008, 06:04 PM
I've asked him will the Eagles come to Ireland in 2009. Do we just go back to the same site for answers?

Littlemelly9
11-16-2008, 07:28 PM
I ask him what is his favorite state and why.

DonFan
11-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Philly.com has posted his answers:
(I also included this in the Philadelphia concert thread)

What's the latest with Walden Woods?

The Walden Woods Project has accomplished a great deal during the past 18 years, including the permanent protection of over 150 acres (10 separate sites) in historic Walden Woods. Recently, we acquired a historic farm that was faced with the threat of development. Under the stewardship of the Walden Woods Project, the farm has been returned to agriculture.

There has never been a more critical time for the environment and Henry David Thoreau’s message has never been more relevant. The Walden Woods Project’s education programs apply Thoreau’s fundamental principles to addressing the worldwide conservation and social reform challenges of the 21st century. A primary goal of our organization is to help equip the next generation with the knowledge, skills and commitment they will need meet these challenges. Our new World Wide Waldens program operates on an international scale and reaches high school students throughout the United States and around the globe with an innovative web-based environmental stewardship program. For more information, go to www.worldwidewaldens.org (http://www.worldwidewaldens.org/)

The Walden Woods Project also offers seminars for middle and high school teachers from across the United States. Educators are provided with the tools they need to develop their own place-based curriculum in the study of nature and home place. Participating teachers will reach thousands of students during the course of their professional careers with curricula based on Thoreau’s philosophy including social awareness, environmental literacy and a strong sense of community.

The Walden Woods Project supports research and academic pursuits by students, scholars and lifelong learners from around the world. Housed at the Walden Woods Project’s Thoreau Institute, and overseen by a full-time curator, is the most comprehensive Thoreau research collection in the world. This invaluable resource is available to the public on site and on-line.

Please log on to the Walden Woods Project’s website for more information: www.walden.org (http://www.walden.org/)

What was it like to reunite with Joe Walsh and the rest of the band for the latest album tour?

Well, we actually “reunited” in 1994 and we’ve been touring regularly ever since. We all enjoy playing for people and Joe keeps us laughing. He’s a great performer one of the most talented guitarists on the planet.

I saw you in Philly in the 70s, what's your opinion of playing here?

We love playing in Philly. The audiences there are very vocal; they really get into it and they show their appreciation. It a great party every time we play there. We look forward to it - and of course the cheesesteaks.

The new album seems to have some songs songs with a political edge. Did that come from you or the band?

That’s usually my department, although Glenn has a keen interest in politics, as well. You can’t really escape politics. It permeates all our lives; it’s really a part of everything that we do. Politics doesn’t just exist in our state capitals or in Washington, DC. It’s there in home kitchens and living rooms, in cafes and school rooms, in workplaces all over this country. Now, it’s even in the churches, for better or for worse. So, we think that a well-rounded album should have at least one or two politically influenced pieces. It’s about the human condition, just as love songs are.

What has been the hardest part of staying a working band for more than 30 years?

There are quite a few challenges involved - getting along with one another, remaining enthusiastic and creative, staying sane and healthy - but I think we would all agree that the hardest part, these days, is being away from our homes and our families about 50% of the time. That is difficult. You can’t get that time back. But life is all about trade-offs. We know how fortunate we are and what an incredible run we’ve had, and we are willing, for now, to keep on going, but for how long is anybody’s guess. All good things must come to an end, and we’ll know when the time comes. But, for now, things are awfully good

Wildthyme
11-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Cool... I sent two... one political and one Eagles related... Now I wonder if I will ever know if he answers them...:?::?::?:

Ok... I guess not... oh well :D

Thanks for posting the answers DF.

sodascouts
11-21-2008, 06:47 PM
That's it? Aw!

Thanks for posting these, DF.