PDA

View Full Version : #1 Song in History

MikeA
11-17-2008, 07:24 PM
http://www.joshhosler.biz/

Check it out. I did. I looked up the most popular song on the day my wife and I were married (May 7, 1977).

It came as no surprise to me that it was "Hotel California"!

TimothyBFan
11-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Really cool website. On the day Larry and I got married it was Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins, but for the life of me, I don't remember that song. Will have to investigate.

Maleah
11-17-2008, 08:10 PM
Well I'm not married so I can't tell you what the #1 song was for that. lol BUT.....the #1 song the day I was born was Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) by the Eurythmics

eaglesvet
11-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Really cool website. On the day Larry and I got married it was Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins, but for the life of me, I don't remember that song. Will have to investigate.
I'm sure you'll remember it once you conduct your investigation...there was a time when Phil Collins and Genesis were everywhere! I really liked him, and did see him in concert somewhere after the Sussudio (sp?) album.
The #1 song when I got married in '92 was Jump by Kris Kross, which I absolutely don't remember, and I'm not sure I will investigate. On the day of my birth in *mumble.mumble* it was Quarter to Three by Gary US Bonds, which I actually know more from Bruce Springsteen concerts (of which I have been to more than I can count...given the state of my heritage!)

Prettymaid
11-17-2008, 09:23 PM

That's a remake, TBF. The one I remember was done by Gerry and the Pacemakers I think. Phil Collins slowed the song way down and I never really cared for his version.

DonFan
11-17-2008, 11:02 PM
The No 1 song on the day we were married in 1987 was With or Without You by U2.
The No 1 song on the day I was born in 1956 was Love Me Tender by Elvis.

Cool!

GlennLover
11-17-2008, 11:17 PM
The day I was married in 1990 the 1# song was "Nothing Compares 2U" by Sinead O'Connor. Not a song that I care for.

On my birthday in 1957 (I'm younger than you DF :laugh:), the song was "All Shook Up" by Elvis. :-( I'm not an Elvis fan. Very interesting though. Thanks Mike.

Freypower
11-17-2008, 11:18 PM
On November 15 1960 when I was born the song was Stay by Maurice Williams & the Zodiacs. People will know Jackson Browne's version. I was happy to know that when I was 8 in 1968 the song was Hey Jude.

On October 9 1993 when I was married it was Dreamlover by Mariah Carey. No comment.

Ah yes... my husband was born on October 25 1959. He had Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin, one of my absolute favourite songs.

Glennsallnighter
11-18-2008, 06:34 AM
On the day I was born - 28 February 1968, the number 1 song was 'Love is Blue' by Paul Marriat

On the day Hubby was born 4 weeks later - 29 March 1968 it was 'Sittin on the Dock of the Bay' by Otis Redding

The day we got married 13 August 1997 it was I'll be Missing You by Puff Daddy and Faith Evans

Prettymaid
11-18-2008, 08:48 AM
On the day I was born - 28 February 1968, the number 1 song was 'Love is Blue' by Paul Marriat

Oh I always liked that song GA! I was 10.

The number 1 song on the day I was born was Elvis of course - I Beg of You. (Never was a fan)

The number 1 song on the day we were married in 2000 was Independent Women Part 1 by Destiny's Child. (That's what I get for marrying within the past 10 years!) Yech!

tbs fanatic
11-18-2008, 10:49 AM
How neat. The No. 1 song on the day we got married was 'Endless Love' by Diana Ross and Lionel Ritchie. How appropriate :)

Stephanie
11-18-2008, 06:02 PM
The # 1 song on the day I was born in 1989 was Girl I'm Gonna Miss You by Milli Vanilli

GlennLover
11-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Out of curiosity I thought that I would check out the #1s on the birthdates of the boys in the band.

Glenn-"Buttons & Bows" by Dinah Shore

Don-"Peg O' My Heart" by The Harmonicals

Both Joe & Timothy-"Near You" by Francis Craig (That must have been a real popular one :).)

I haven't heard any of these songs although I have heard the title "Peg O' My Heart". I'm familiar with Dinah Shore, but I have never heard of the other two artists. I wonder if the boys know these songs?

Glennsallnighter
11-18-2008, 06:41 PM
You just beat me to it GL! I was in the peocess of checking the boys out, came back and saw you had posted it!!

GlennLover
11-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Great minds, GA!

Freypower
11-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Out of curiosity I thought that I would check out the #1s on the birthdates of the boys in the band.

Glenn-"Buttons & Bows" by Dinah Shore

Don-"Peg O' My Heart" by The Harmonicals

Both Joe & Timothy-"Near You" by Francis Craig (That must have been a real popular one :).)

I haven't heard any of these songs although I have heard the title "Peg O' My Heart". I'm familiar with Dinah Shore, but I have never heard of the other two artists. I wonder if the boys know these songs?

I can tell you that Buttons & Bows won an Oscar for Best Song. It was in Bob Hope's movie The Paleface (thanks Wikipedia)!

tbs fanatic
11-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Okay, I had to go back and look up my birthday 20 Feb. 1957 and the song was 'Too Much' by Elvis Presley. I'm going to have to track that song down now - does anyone know that one?

glenneaglesfan
11-22-2008, 10:35 AM
The day I was married in 1990 the 1# song was "Nothing Compares 2U" by Sinead O'Connor. Not a song that I care for.

On my birthday in 1957 (I'm younger than you DF :laugh:), the song was "All Shook Up" by Elvis. :-( I'm not an Elvis fan. Very interesting though. Thanks Mike.

Hey, I was born in 1957, and my song was "All Shook Up" too! Our birthdays must be pretty close.:-)

On the day we were married in 1985, it was "Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds.