PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati, OH 11-18-08

chaleymom
11-19-2008, 09:25 AM
What do I do when the party ends.. cuz they were JUST TOO BUSY BEING FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is the term you guys use to describe the anti-climactic DAY AFTER THE SHOW??? Whatever it is, I'm suffering from it big time!!!! :headshake:

We got home to Dayton around 1:00 but I couldn't sleep til around 2:30 - then the alarm went off at 6:00... yawn......

For all you interested, I will get my notes (and my thoughts) together and try to give you a review of last night. Sooooo much to remember - sooo much to say --- such a phenomenal concert!!!!!

Nancy and Willie - I'm sure I saw you both (I looked for the blonde curls and the long red hair) and Nancy - you were in a white sweater, right? If you sat in your seat and stretched your right arm out to the right and pointed up about 30 degrees, that's where we were. I thought I saw you guys looking my way and I waved - but of course how would you know who I was!!!

Unfortunately, I have to work now - gotta get caffeine......

Also need to check the tour schedule and see where else I can go see the boys..... OMG.........I'm having serious withdrawal already......

Prettymaid
11-19-2008, 09:36 AM
What do I do when the party ends.. cuz they were JUST TOO BUSY BEING FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is the term you guys use to describe the anti-climactic DAY AFTER THE SHOW??? Whatever it is, I'm suffering from it big time!!!! :headshake:

CM, you've got PEW!!!!!

Anxious to hear everyone's review!

TimothyBFan
11-19-2008, 09:47 AM
Hi everyone!! We are getting up and around at the hotel. WOW what a night!!! I can't even start to explain how wonderful it was. Will do that later after the 5 or more hours home today. Will have to collect my thoughts. This was by far the best concert experience I have ever had and I have had a lot. It was worth every penny if for no other reason than to see the look on Katie's face when she saw where we were sitting and again when Timothy came out on stage and was right smack in front of her only feet away!!! Quite a few things to tell ya'll when we have more time. The guys were absolutely awesome!!!!

Wait to you hear about Nancy's seat, I will let her tell you that story!

Sorry CM about the PEW!! It's a horrible thing isn't it? I am going thru it in a BIG way this morning also.

DonFan
11-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Take it easy? Not the Eagles

By Bill Thompson •The Cincinnati Enquirer• November 19, 2008

The first surprise was the outfits that the Eagles wore when they took the stage: black suits and ties with white shirts.The second surprise is how vital the music sounds, more than 35 years after Don Henley and Glenn Frey teamed up to sing “Take It Easy.” The pair, plus longtime compadres Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit, led an enthusiastic audience through their hit parade at U.S. Bank Arena on Tuesday night, but also proved they have no intention of taking it easy during a tour that will take them around the world over the next year.
The group played for nearly three hours with a short break (not bad for a foursome whose youngest member -- Frey -- turned 60 on Nov. 6). The 29-song set featured eight from “Long Road Out of Eden,” the first record of original songs since 1979. Although they might not match the incredible string of classics from 1972-79, the band -- backed by three keyboard players, four horns, a drummer and guitarist extraordinaire Steuart Smith -- attacked the material with energy and kept the fans engaged throughout.

It’s unlikely, however, that the arena would have been almost full if the boys had spent the evening playing all 20 songs from the new album. After opening with four new tunes, it was time for another surprise: “Hotel California,” the band’s signature song with Henley’s haunting lyrics and the dueling guitars of Walsh and Smith (replacing the departed Don Felder).

It was remarkably early in the show for such a high-profile tune, but when your repertoire is replete with chart-toppers, you can follow one with another like “Peaceful Easy Feeling.” For most of the crowd (beer vendors didn’t have to waste much time checking IDs), it must have seemed like they had a full head of hair and their jeans hung loosely on their hips again.

As if the group doesn’t have enough gold to mine, it has the luxury of solid songs from the solo careers of Henley and Walsh. The two mismatched characters -- Henley defines intensity while Walsh might be the goofiest guitar virtuoso in history -- wrapped up the first part of the night with “Boys of Summer” and “In the City,” respectively. After a fine reading of “The Long Run,” it was time for a break, and the opportunity to ponder what surprises might be in store after intermission.

One possibility that didn’t come to mind was that a mini-James Gang show would break out. But in retrospect, it wasn’t surprising. Although Henley and Frey are the core of the band, and Schmit still gets shrieks from the females when he steps to the microphone, the people’s choice is Walsh.

He gained fame with the James Gang while going to Kent State in the late 1960s, so when the band broke into “Walk Away” and “Funk 49,” it didn’t matter that the tunes had as much to do with the Eagles as Hannah Montana does.

Unlike young Ms. Cyrus, however, Walsh can make a guitar do tricks. After deferring to Smith in the show’s first half, he came to life with stinging solos on the Gang songs, plus a jump-up-and-down version of Henley’s “Dirty Laundry” that featured a wonderful video collage of every tabloid TV moron who has made a fortune by acting like a jackass.

But when all was sang and done, the name on the ticket was the Eagles. They finished with “Life in the Fast Lane” before an encore of “Take It Easy” and “Desperado.” The four principals took their time leaving the stage, graciously thanking the audience for their years of support.

The bond between band and fan was the least surprising moment of the night.
SO much better than the Memphis review! Finally, a good review from a writer who "gets it."

Prettymaid
11-19-2008, 10:04 AM
Take it easy? Not the Eagles

By Bill Thompson •The Cincinnati Enquirer• November 19, 2008

For most of the crowd (beer vendors didn’t have to waste much time checking IDs), it must have seemed like they had a full head of hair and their jeans hung loosely on their hips again.

:partytime::hilarious::laugh:;)

chaleymom
11-19-2008, 10:16 AM
what an excellent review by the Cincinnati Enquirer!!!!! It was all that and soooo much more!!!

more at lunchtime.......

eaglesvet
11-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Actually, I think we all have seen pix of tight-fitting jeans, thank you very much. And there still is quite a bit of hair happenin' on their heads! Very nice review, though!!

ticky
11-19-2008, 01:56 PM
I think, EV, the reviewer was talking about the audience there *G* Not the guys , we KNOW all about their jeans and hair *G*

eaglesvet
11-19-2008, 02:08 PM
:lol:Oh, yeah,I think you're right! Well, I still have all my hair, which is more than I can say for my hubby...

chaleymom
11-19-2008, 02:42 PM
OK - here goes - as much as I can remember! I was going to take notes, but didn't want to miss anything and write at the same time! I took some pics but unfortunately my settings must not have been right on my camera so a lot of them are blurry.... if I can figure out how to get the best one on here, I'll do that. (any help out there for a downloading-photo-challeged aging Eagles fan???) I realized several times I was taking VIDEO instead of a photo - so, to my dismay, at the very end when they walked off the stage and waved at me (yeah, I'm sure they were waving at me....:nahnah: ) as I went to take one more shot - my camera said "MEMORY CARD FULL" !!!!!!!!!!:enraged:

First of all, can I just say - Why in the $*#&$! do people think it's ok to get drunk and totally annoy the people around them??? Why not spend your money and stay HOME and get drunk? The girls behind us were so rude - kept bumping into my husband (who was about to knock them out any second - he was very patient), she was profane, loud, and just overall obnoxious! She kept yelling "If they don't play Life in the Fast Lane" I'm going to be really *expletive* angry!!!!" I wish the boys would have played that FIRST - then maybe she would have taken her drunken butt home..... OK - sorry - had to get that off my chest.

What can I say? This was the 4th time I've seen them - (second time on this tour) and I can honestly say - they keep getting better. Every single minute of the show was phenomenal. I'm sure you all read the Cincinnati Enquirer review so I won't rehash all that.... A few of my favorite moments:

Glenn - oh man... that FACE!!!!! Still so incredibly handsome (sorry all the rest of you Glennworshipers.... ). I love watching his face when he sings. I wonder how much he sees through those little tiny slits in his eyes... most times his eyes are closed because he is so completely into the moment when he sings. He is so incredibly cool.... even when he popped off a guitar string mid-song. He just sort of grinned and kept right on strummin' and singin'.

Don - WOW! What an ovation he got during the introductions of the band. He practically walks on water.....what an incredible talent. He still hits all those notes with such precision and ease. LOVED Dirty Laundry - the crowd was NUTS!! And the montage of all the tabloid photos was really, really cool (and funny at some points!)

Timothy - The tender tenor..... loved hearing I Can't Tell You Why - one of my favorites. He didn't sing that when I saw them in L.A. last year - I think that was shortly after his surfboard incident?

Joe - What can ya say about Joe? EVERYBODY LOVES JOE!!! I think he has the most fun out of all of them.... and hopefully these days he REMEMBERS having a good time!!!! I've seen the helmet cam before - but it's still so fun to watch. Talk about crowd interraction!!! And I think someone mentioned before about him getting up on his toes when he sings. Too funny and too cute!!!!

I absolutely loved hearing Waiting in the Weeds - my new favorite. I'm sure there was lots of good video playing behind the boys, but most times I was just mesmerized watching and listening to them play. I really liked their performance of Somebody. And of course all the old favorites.... they never get old. (I couldn't help but wonder, how many times have they sung those songs??????)

A little side note on Glenn - Soda and TBFan - did you see him motion for the girl in the front row to sit down??? She was dancing and flirting her heart out but the older gentleman behind her couldn't see, so Glenn motioned for her (and then mouthed to her) 'sit down!!!' When she did (reluctantly) the man behind her gave Glenn the thumbs up! :thumbsup: I thought that was great. (Wish I could have asked Glenn to throw out the girls behind us!!!)

I'm sure Nancy and Willie will have their reviews and there was soooo much to this concert than what little I've written. All of this and so much more of last night will remain in my memory (until my memory card says 'MEMORY FULL"!!!!)

Have a good day y'all!

Prettymaid
11-19-2008, 03:24 PM
Excellent review CM! So glad you enjoyed it! Too bad about the drunk in your section... haven't we all been there...(in your shoes, not the drunk's!)

It was I who pointed out the tiptoing of Joe - so cute!

ticky
11-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Thank you so much CM and as for the drunk we HAVE all been there.. (what PM?? you mean you werent drunk?? OH heh well maybe not.. *G*) JK *G* some drunk girl ruined my new coat by spilling her beer on it at a Hank Jr. concert i was reluctantly dragged to once.

As far as the Joe on his toes goes... *goofy grin* yeah... I love it *G*

eaglesvet
11-19-2008, 03:52 PM
Sounds like it was as awesome as ever!! Too funny about Glenn and the girl in the front row! Did she stay seated the rest of the concert?? I bet not...

Wildthyme
11-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Ah yes, drunken idiots at concerts... a "tradition" I could do without. I went to a Duran Duran concert a couple years ago with my friend Ronnie and we had a whole group of idiots around us that were plowed and completely obnoxious. They kept going back and forth to get more beer until finally Ronnie refused to move from his seat to let them pass (he is 6 foot 5 and they couldn't get around him). So they had to resort to climbing over the seats in back and front and annoying each other instead. We were really thankful when most of them left about half way through...and that neither one of us got beer poured on us.

Great review btw CM... and I agree that Joe on his toes is adorable :shy: and that Glenn is sooooo handsome :inlove:

sodascouts
11-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Great review chaleymom! Wish we could have hooked up somehow!

As most of you guys know, I went to the venue yesterday without a ticket. I was kind of bummed, thinking that I wasn't going to get a good ticket, but I wasn't about to drop $200 on a ticket where I couldn't see. As I said elsewhere, I was going to comfort myself with the fact that I saved money if I had to settle for a boonie seat.

So, I walked up to the window about 6:45 or so and I asked for "best available." The lady at the window told me, "The best I have is fifth row center." I was like "SERIOUSLY? OH MY GOSH! THAT'S AWESOME!" I was practically squealing with delight. Never did I think I could be so lucky! And when they said center, they meant CENTER. I was seat 9 out of 16 in the middle section, straight shot across from Glenn. It was perfect! Astonishingly, the three seats next to me were empty. Some folks came up at intermission to sit in them, but they had been further back and were just filling in the empty spots. I guess they were held so long that nobody got them. What a shame!

The folks in front of me didn't stand up until the end, so I could see easily. I only stood up when the folks behind me did, but they stood up a fair amount. As a result, I was pretty visible all night. At first I felt self-conscious because I act kind of goofy when I'm having a good time at a concert, dancing around and stuff, but then I forgot about it and just enjoyed myself!

It's hard for me to remember everything - my mind was pretty blown, being so close - but I'll throw in what I can remember.

The guys were all looking great, but they must not have been as hot as I was in the audience. No untucked shirts - not even Tim - and Glenn even put his jacket back ON for the encore. Wha??? Don's hair was a bit mussed, and I thought it was cute.

The crowd was overall very enthusiastic. While none of the people in the first four rows center stood for most of the show, a lot of people behind me did - ideal, because I had an unblocked view and got to dance around without blocking anyone! The people behind me actually thanked me for being so considerate, because I always checked behind me to see if they were standing before I did, and I sat down when they did. I didn't see Glenn talking to that girl, but I feel kind of sorry for her. She must have been mortified. What song was it during?

"How Long" got a great response, as did "Guilty of the Crime." "Busy Being Fabulous" and "I Don't Want to Hear Any More" got less of one, but I think that's partially because they're slower. Tim's voice sounded good to me, but he seemed more serious than usual. Not nearly the crowd interaction he usually does. He did treat us to a few bars of "Tempted by the Fruit of Another," to my delight. I gave him a lot of applause for that. lol

Unfortunately, all of the guys were less crowd-interactive than they had been in the past and even as recently as Memphis. No "My Girl" or anything. I was very disappointed about that - I was so excited to hear Glenn was singing so much of it, and it's my favorite cover he does.... oh well. Glenn also did not joke around as much as he has recently, from what I've read.

But other than that, it was a great show! "Hotel California" had everyone on their feet, as did every Joe song. I was really getting down to the James Gang stuff, and after one particularly good solo towards the end, yelled "JOE! YOU'RE DA MAN!" to the amusement of people around me. After one song, the lights were off and we were still cheering for Joe, and I saw him creep up towards the mic again to take another little bow in the dark. I was hoping they would spotlight him again for his extra bow but nope.

Glenn's vocal on "Peaceful Easy Feeling" was great.

"Boys of Summer" absolutely rocked! I think I was dancing around and getting into it, especially my favorite part, "I can SEE you..." I also loved Don's little variations on the end of the Long Run. That reminds me - he personalized the song to say "debutantes in Cincy" which I thought was very cool.

"No More Walks in the Woods" was lovely. A lady catty-corner to me was filming it and I thought "Oh crap, hope Glenn doesn't see that and start glaring at her." Luckily, he didn't. Interestingly, there was no admonishment not to film. I'm sure they still aren't down with it, but they didn't say so.

I adore "Waiting in the Weeds" and just swayed to it, enjoying every second. The guys sounded so great.

Glenn's vocal was very strong on "No More Cloudy Days" and Tim sounded wonderful on "Love Will Keep Us Alive."

I had a little moment during "Take It to the Limit." It's my favorite song, and so I always go nuts to it. I was waving my first and motioning "one more time" during the chorus - and got folks around me doing it too! At the end, during that final pause before Glenn sings "one more time," he pointed my way and grinned. At that point, I blew him a kiss, then immediately felt like a goober for doing so. It seems it is absolutely impossible for me to be cool whenever Glenn is involved. I always manage to look foolish. Oh well, can't take it back!

"Long Road Out of Eden" was cinematic as usual, and Joe's solo was incredible. I noticed during the very end when the lights are down and the song has that military drumbeat, they just stand still and stoic in the dark, staring straight ahead, unmoving and unblinking. Kind of creeped me out a little.

As chaleymom pointed out, Glenn's string broke during "Somebody," but he just grinned and kept on truckin'. That song also got a good response, with a lot of people on their feet and dancing.

OOTN was VERY hot. Don was delivering those sexy vocals and Glenn was mouthing the words, too. Smokin'!

During "Life's Been Good," Joe repeated "Who is it? Who is it?" several times, making Glenn laugh. Like Memphis, Joe changed "write me letters" to "send me e-mails." I saw myself on the hat-cam! I saw Willie and her daughter as well. He also mentioned when introducing the song that he used to play a venue in Cincinnati called Black something, and asked if people remembered it. Then he said he didn't. lol!

Joe and Glenn did their little "guitar duel" thing before "Funk #49," which I always think is cute. By the time that song got rolling, most of the crowd was on its feet and stayed that way. Joe is so awesome live and the crowd adores him.

"Heartache Tonight" was one of my favorite numbers of the night. Glenn rocked it.

No second encore, which didn't surprise me since the guys weren't doing much extra. What did surprise me is that Glenn put his jacket back on, as I mentioned earlier. During "Take It Easy," the guy next to me remarked that he'd forgotten just how many hits these guys had, that they could just do hit after hit after hit. I nodded, although I was more interested in paying attention to the show than talking to him, lol.

I thought Don was great on Desperado, but it made me sad knowing that was it! A girl near me yelled "I LOVE YOU DON!" during a quiet moment, which was kind of funny (although I'm glad she didn't do it again)!

At the very end, I got another surprise. As they were saying goodbye, Glenn went to the mic and said, "Thanks for coming everyone...." Then he turned a bit away from the mic, looked towards me amidst the screaming throng and chuckled, "...and Nancy." I was pretty jazzed about that! I didn't expect it, that's for sure! I never expect anything he says or does... except for the Plaintiff joke.

Overall, good show, although I think Chicago was a bit better - the guys seemed more spirited there and we got two encores. Still - definitely got my money's worth - and then some!

chaleymom
11-19-2008, 04:48 PM
Yeah the girl was really getting on our nerves (to say the least) - and yes, the climbing in and out of the row, bumping into us and the constant 'I HAVE TO PEE' comment she kept announcing loud enough for all to hear....that got really old really fast.

Fortunately, no beer spills that I know of..... (fortunately for HER!)

OK - enuf about the girl..... and more about those handsome boys.....

What I love about them is the fact that they don't need all the hoopla - they just sit (or stand) and play what their fans want to hear......and they are very appreciative to those fans as well..... I like how they all took a few minutes to walk back and forth across the stage to wave and thank everyone for coming. With all the *crap* so-called music out there right now, it's nice to know the boys still have 'it'. What a class act they are.

chaleymom
11-19-2008, 04:56 PM
OK Soda - what am I missing here......

you KNOW Glenn???? he knows your name???

fill me in!!!

sodascouts
11-19-2008, 05:02 PM
He does this celebrity golf pro-am every year and I went three times in a row, so he recognizes me from that.

TimothyBFan
11-19-2008, 05:28 PM
Word of warning --will probably be doing this bits and pieces because my mind is still reeling so things will come to me later that I will forget now.

I also did not takes notes and since we have all seen or read it why detail the order of the songs etc. Nancy did a pretty good job anyways.

When we first got there and got Nancy's ticket (can you flippin' believe that?) we were shown to our seats and I could not believe how good they were. I knew sec 1 and row 4 would be great but never expected them to be isle seats and smack dab in front of Timothy!! :jawdrop: I could have cried when I saw them and the look on Katie's face was absolutely priceless!! It got better when they finally came out on stage. OMG!!!! As Nancy said tho, Timothy wasn't really interacting at all tonight for some reason. He was absolutely beautiful but wasn't doing much smiling and almost acted as if he just wasn't into it. Maybe someone who has been down that close to him before can shed some light also. Several times, I saw him flexing his fingers and cracking his knuckles (have never noticed that before) and acting as if his fingers might actually be bothering him. Even when they were getting ready for the introductions and he was standing at the back of the stage, he was flexing his arm back and forth. Maybe it's just a habit and I have never noticed it before.

I also did not see Glenn, were there actually other band members on the stage other than Timothy:) , tell that girl to sit down. Actually, I did occassionally notice the other guys. In fact, I was the recipient of a little "Glenn Love" of my own. During Boys Of Summer, Glenn was standing over by Timothy and I noticed he was looking right at me so I waved. He gave me the biggest smile and winked. It was really sweet and since Timothy wasn't "putting out" tonight, I was ecstatic to get any attention at all.:hilarious:

We also were surrounded by drunks, most of them well behaved. There were a couple of women setting about 5 rows behind us that decided about 2 songs before intermission to come up and show their drunken *sses by attempting to dance in the isle right next to my daughter and then proceeding to fall into my daughter and almost knock her over. When my daughter asked them to stop, they decided to get smart mouth with her and I told them they needed to get away, set in their own seats and stop messing with my 16 year old daughter who was trying to enjoy her first concert by her favorite band. I had a little talk with the ushers during intermission and the next time they were up there he escorted them back to their seats where they finally stayed put.

The camera nazi's were out in full force in our area. The guy setting in front of us with his wife was taking tons of great pics with his phone and during intermission, I was talking to her about it and she said if I gave her my email address she would send them to me. Unfortunately, the ushers kept after him to put it away and when he kept whipping it back out they finally escorted him out of the building. We figure they probably made him erase them so I doubt we ever see them.

This is getting long, so I will continue in a minute.

eaglesvet
11-19-2008, 05:55 PM
WHOOO HOOOO, too cool, Soda!:partytime:

chaleymom
11-19-2008, 06:16 PM
I don't remember the song, but all the boys were on stage - it was towards the beginning - when the girl and her friend were up dancing in the front row. He sort of gave her the 'sit down' gesture - like if he was trying to gently flatten something down.... Her friend sat down first, but she kept dancing, then he mouthed it to her 'sit down'! My husband noticed it too and thought it was funny. I don't think she was very happy about it but she did get up later on in the show and did it again with everybody else.

Great luck for you Nancy getting that ticket!!! We may have to try that ourselves next time!

I actually had my camera out the whole time (I'm such a rebel!!! lol) - but I did hear them say 'no cameras and no recording devices'. Wish I would have gotten better pics.....:-( I'll try to post the one good one I got later.

so sad it's all over with... so now that I know I must have the dreaded PEW - .... what does that stand for? :eyebrow:

Freypower
11-19-2008, 06:19 PM
Holy crap, Nancy, that's wonderful. A personal greeting. What can I say. :partytime:

Regarding him putting his jacket back on I'm glad that he started doing that again. He did it in London but then he was leaving it off. I think he looks better with it on for the last encore.

As for the broken string I had a moment like that during PEF at one of the Sydney shows. When it happened he didn't even react.

Thanks for your review too CM.

GlennLover
11-19-2008, 06:22 PM
Thanks for coming everyone...." Then he turned a bit away from the mic, looked towards me amidst the screaming throng and chuckled, "...and Nancy."

Oh Soda, I don't know how you can stand it! :blueblob:If Glenn did that to me I think I would die of ecstacy on the spot. :fainted: You are one lucky lady to have met him & to have had the interactions with him that you have! :jealous: :jealous: :jealous:

I'm so glad all you ladies had such a great time. Wish I had been there with you. :partytime:

TimothyBFan
11-19-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm back. Larry came home from work (I spoke to him on the phone this morning & filled him in a bit) and wanted to know why Glenn Frey is winking at me!:hilarious: Lets see, to continue. Did I mention that Timothy looked S, H & G? :inlove:

Oh, for any of you baseball fans, Paul O'Neill was sitting across the isle from us. He was a Cincinnati Red for years and won several World Series with them. That was pretty cool. Saw him play in Wrigley Field against the Cubs before.

At the end when they all start walking around the stage saying their goodbyes, Katie went up front and Timothy was throwing out picks, he sent a couple flying towards her but the lady who had been sitting 2 rows ahead of us intercepted them! GRRR!!! The guy sitting next to me says we all heard Katie screaming all night to Timothy (sorry about that!!) and he obviously was throwing them towards her, why couldn't that woman give her one of the picks. Oh well, some people aren't like that.

On a final note, I'm going to get a little sentimental-so sorry in advance. I was telling Nancy, I can remember 30 years ago seeing the new bass player of my favorite band and thinking WOW, the Eagles just got even better than before if that is possible. Well last night when the lights came up and that bass player was standing within feet right in front of me, I feel in love all over again! He is just an amazing bass player and just such a beautiful man (IMHO anyways). I couldn't take my eyes off him most of the night and am beyond happy to have had that experience. If I never get the chance to ever see them in concert again, I will be forever grateful that I did get the opportunity to see them 2 times in 6 weeks after so many years of waiting. Oh, and Timothy, if you ever read this, I am extremely sorry if I creeped you out a bit!!!!

Glennsallnighter
11-19-2008, 07:05 PM
Great review chaleymom! Wish we could have hooked up somehow!

I had a little moment during "Take It to the Limit." It's my favorite song, and so I always go nuts to it. I was waving my first and motioning "one more time" during the chorus - and got folks around me doing it too! At the end, during that final pause before Glenn sings "one more time," he pointed at me and grinned. I was so delighted I blew him a kiss, then immediately felt like a goober for doing so. It seems it is absolutely impossible for me to be cool whenever Glenn is involved. I always manage to look foolish. Oh well, can't take it back!

Well done Soda! I'm sure you didn't look foolish at all! I'd love to get a grin from him!

At the very end, I got another surprise. As they were saying goodbye, Glenn went to the mic and said, "Thanks for coming everyone...." Then he turned a bit away from the mic, looked towards me amidst the screaming throng and chuckled, "...and Nancy." I was pretty jazzed about that! I didn't expect him to pay any attention to me after that "Take It to the Limit" bit. I never expect anything he says or does... except for the Plaintiff joke.

WOW!!!!!! How did you manage to stay sane Nancy? I'd have had to have been carried out after that!
Congratulations! :)

Prettymaid
11-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Thank you so much CM and as for the drunk we HAVE all been there.. (what PM?? you mean you werent drunk?? OH heh well maybe not.. *G*)

Pleadin' the 5th Ticky! ;-)

Prettymaid
11-19-2008, 07:20 PM
so sad it's all over with... so now that I know I must have the dreaded PEW - .... what does that stand for? :eyebrow:

Post Eagles Withdrawal!!!!!

Prettymaid
11-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Soda, you are my hero as far as getting good seats at concerts! :bow:
There simply is no one better!

Your stories were amazing! I knew if Glenn saw you he would acknowledge you in some way!

And Willie, I'm so glad your seats were so good and Katie had a great time too! Too bad Timothy wasn't puttin' out :hilarious: but you got a smile and wink from Glenn! That's hard to top (unless you're Nancy!) :headbang:

Great reviews everybody!

GlennLover
11-19-2008, 07:37 PM
I couldn't take my eyes off him most of the night and am beyond happy to have had that experience

I know what it's like TBF. I did the same thing when I saw them this summer, but of course it was Glenn that I couldn't take my eyes off of! :laugh:

CM, I had serious PEW & PG(lenn)W this summer, but The Border members nursed me through it. All you can do is OD listening to their records & watching their videos & chat with us here On The Border. We understand what you are going through!

chaleymom
11-19-2008, 11:53 PM
Hey guys! Thanks for the PEW education! :grin: I was pretty sure that's what it meant but I wasn't sure.

I hate it that it's over... ugh! I guess now it's back to the real world again.... After having maybe 3-4 hours of sleep last night I think I'm going to call it a night....

Soda and TBF - GREAT reviews today! How come I didn't get any "personal attention" like you all did? Next concert - I'm going with YOU! haha

:zzz: gnite!

sodascouts
11-20-2008, 01:35 AM
Just remembered another funny moment. After Waiting in the Weeds and before No More Cloudy Days, Glenn says, "And now from the horticultural to the... um...." and pauses, searching for the word, and Don supplies "Meteorological." Glenn: "Thank you, Don." Don: "That's alright Glenn - it's a hard word to say." lol!

eaglesvet
11-20-2008, 03:26 AM
:lol: Cute!

Glennsallnighter
11-20-2008, 08:11 AM
I know what it's like TBF. I did the same thing when I saw them this summer, but of course it was Glenn that I couldn't take my eyes off of! :laugh:

CM, I had serious PEW & PG(lenn)W this summer, but The Border members nursed me through it. All you can do is OD listening to their records & Bwatching their videos & chat with us here On The Border. We understand what you are going through!

I know what its like too. In London last March, I don't think my eyes left Glenn :heart: all night. And all I could think was 'I can't BELIEVE he is so near to me!' Actually I wanted to run up to the stage and hug him, but I knew that would not have been a smart move.

I had very bad PEW and PGW after it all. It was Easter, everyone was off, I was just so subdued and ate nothing (not even chocolate) for at least a week. It took a long time to recover from. I OD'd on the Border and their cds and dvds that I have. And a few LONG phone calls to MF!!

TimothyBFan
11-20-2008, 08:42 AM
Soda-check this sight out-Katie thinks this is "crazy hair guy" and I think she might be right.
http://www.hanklinderman.com/

TimothyBFan
11-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Guess what I've been thinking about all morning!! :wink: Anyways, something I want to add --I LOVE Joe's hair right now-it is getting so long and I think he looks fantastic with it like that. I only wish he wouldn't slick it back so much. I hope he keeps it long. I'm a little partial to long hair~~ you guys probably hadn't figured that out yet had you?:wink:

sodascouts
11-20-2008, 02:47 PM
Looks right to me! How many guys have hair like that?

I agree that Joe's hair looks great now. Yum!

Peekaboo
11-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Wow!! I'm so glad that you all had such a wonderful time!! And Soda how incredible is that that you got a mention from Glenn. That's so great!!!

sodascouts
11-21-2008, 11:59 AM
Check these out - photos! They're awesome!

City Beat (http://citybeat.zipscene.com/photos/view/4077?page=1)

Nuvo Photo Gallery (http://www.nuvo.net/photos/20081120The_Eagles_in_concert_in_Cincinnati,_Ohio./)

TimothyBFan
11-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Thanks Soda--They are beautiful!!

Glad to see you made it back!! Do let us know how JD went.

ticky
11-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Thanks Soda! those were great!!

Troubadour
11-21-2008, 01:02 PM
Just remembered another funny moment. After Waiting in the Weeds and before No More Cloudy Days, Glenn says, "And now from the horticultural to the... um...." and pauses, searching for the word, and Don supplies "Meteorological." Glenn: "Thank you, Don." Don: "That's alright Glenn - it's a hard word to say." lol!

Hehehe, this made my day. So cute! :heart: :heart:

Freypower
11-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Those are wonderful. Thanks.

Ive always been a dreamer
11-22-2008, 05:13 PM
OMG chaleymom, TBF, and Soda - It was great reading your awesome reviews. What a wonderful time for all of you. Nanc, how weird that you and I both got recognition from Glenn this week during Take It To the Limit at two different shows. What a coincidence!!! I guess I'm considered to be a veteran now, but believe me, ladies, I'll never forget the excitement of going to my first Eagles concert only a little over 5 shorts years ago. :drool: :drool: