PDA

View Full Version : Still another "aging" Eagles fan!

Stars
11-22-2008, 09:54 AM
Hello Everyone!
I cannot tell you how happy I am to be here! I have actually been reading messages on the board for about the past three months, and I decided it's about time I joined.
Although I have loved the Eagles music since 1973 (my husband actually did a review of the "Desperado" album for our college paper back then!), I never saw them in concert til this past Friday night in Washington, DC! I will be writing up a review to add to Dreamer's, who did a fine job. I felt like I was back there when I read it.
Anyway, I look forward to meeting many of you, both on the board and at the concerts. I'll be heading to Hershey tomorrow!!

glenneaglesfan
11-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Hi Stars, and let me be the first to welcome you to the Border!! We are glad that you have found us, and look forward very much to reading your Washington review. I'm from England, so I have a while to wait before my next Eagles fix, although I did see them when they were over here in March - they are the best!

Prettymaid
11-22-2008, 10:18 AM
Welcome Stars! Did they mention that it was Joe's birthday during the concert?

DonFan
11-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Welcome Stars--we are glad you found us and glad you are posting. Can't wait to read your report from both Eagles shows!

ticky
11-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Welcome Stars!
Im anxious to read all about the DC concert! Glad you could join us here!

sodascouts
11-22-2008, 01:58 PM
Welcome Stars! How great that you finally got to see the Eagles after all these years. I'm looking forward to your review!

GlennLover
11-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Welcome, Stars. So glad you joined us here On The Border.

Ive always been a dreamer
11-22-2008, 02:55 PM
Welcome from me as well, Stars. I'm also glad you decided to join us here on The Border. It's a great community to share your Eagles love. Too bad we weren't able to meet in D.C. I always enjoy meeting other fans. Can't wait to read your review. I'm sure there are a lot of things I left out.

Stars
11-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Thanks to everyone for such a warm welcome! I really think I'm going to enjoy being here-it feels like home!
I will be heading over to the concert section sometime today to post my review of the DC concert. Suffice it to say that it was everything I hoped it would be and more!!:drool:

TimothyBFan
11-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Welcome Stars---I know EXACTLY how you felt to see them the first time. We seem to have that in common, I have also been a fan for over 30 years and saw my first show in September in Chicago and then again just this past Tuesday in Cincinnati. It was quite a thrill to finally be there after so many other attempts and things blocking my way. Glad to have you here and can't wait to hear about your experience at that concert. Have fun this weekend also. Post often!!! By the way--who is you fave?

Stars
11-22-2008, 03:43 PM
To Prettymaid,
Yes! They did mention it was Joe's birthday-twice that I recall! When Glenn introduced the band, he referred to Joe as "the birthday boy", and Don also made mention of Joe's birthday, saying he was "31 today".

chaleymom
11-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Welcome Stars! I'm a newbie too! I've only been here for a week and already have enjoyed be addicted to this board! (ya gotta have a hobby, right?)

I'll be looking forward to your review of the D.C. show!

I'm pretty sure my husband and I are going to fly to Greensboro, NC to see the show on January 17! I am SOOO excited! I figure by that time my PEW from the Cincinnati show should just about have worn off by then - just in time for another fix!!! :drool: We're going to try to pull one of Soda's tricks - fly there and get tickets when we get there. We'll see if we have any luck!

Dreamer - your review was awesome!:crazy: and by the way - Happy Birthday tomorrow!

Troubadour
11-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Welcome, Stars! It's great to have you here - come on in and join the fun. We can't wait to read your show review. It goes without saying, but have a FANTASTIC night!

eaglesvet
11-22-2008, 06:32 PM
Hey Stars, Glad to hear from you. I'm also a longtime fan, since about '75. I'll also be in Hershey tomorrow. I saw the guys from way up high in the 2nd tier last May in Newark, NJ; and vowed to see them again from a bit closer...so tomorrow it's from the floor! I think it will be cool to be in their presence if they win any of the awards they are up for tomorrow night!

Stars
11-22-2008, 06:38 PM
:drool:To TimothyBFan,
I think that's great that you also had the opportunity to see them after being a fan for over 30 years, and you got to see them twice! This is such an exciting time, with the guys touring so extensively, and doing concerts pretty near each other too. I feel blessed that I will be seeing them in Hershey on Sunday, and then in Philly on Tuesday. I think I'm making up for lost time!
You asked who my fave is. Although I do like all the guys very much, I have to say that Glenn holds a special place in my heart.

I just want to thank everyone who welcomed me after I posted thanks to the first welcomers. You guys are the greatest!!

Stars
11-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Chaleymom,
That's fantastic that you'll be flying to NC to see the guys in January! My husband and I will be in New Orleans at the time the Eagles are playing there, and I will try to get a ticket when we get there. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best for you in getting tix!

Mrs Henley
11-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Welcome Stars! Have fun here!

Littlemelly9
11-23-2008, 09:49 AM
HELLO!!!!

Peekaboo
11-24-2008, 08:25 AM
A belated Welcome from me Stars. That's so great that you get to go to 2 Eagles shows so close together. Like TBF, i saw the Eagles for the first time in Sept. and then again on Nov. 11. Loved your review on the D.C. show and can't wait to hear about the Hershey concert. Hope you had a great time, although it's the Eagles so I'm pretty sure that you did.

Stars
11-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!
Peekaboo, I had a ball at the Hershey concert-I just posted my review! I never believed I would ever be that close, and it was quite an experience!