PDA

View Full Version : Mark Lane's Interview with Joe Walsh 2000

MikeA
11-22-2008, 11:55 PM
You Walsh Fans. Here it is! You will definitely want to follow the link at the end of this post.

I finally received permission to link to that interview. Even indirect links have been denied to forums in the past so I feel very privileged to have received the permission from Mark Lane to provide a link to that interview from my Forum.

BTW, my little Forum is not much more than experiment by me to learn how forum software works...it is not in any way a conflict for this forum! With that said, you guys are welcome to join if you wish but I'd think your time would be better spent here on Borders.

I can't post the link here but I can send you to my forum and the topic in which I have posted a link to it.

I do ask (as does Mark) that you do not make copies of that interview. There is some thought that Mark might, possibly in conjunction with Joe, release that interview in audio format on a CD.

CLICK HERE (http://www.mvabercrombie.net/Forum/index.php?topic=157.new#new)

If for any reason, you have trouble linking to it there, you can get to it by the following:

http://www.mvabercrombie.net/Forum

Once there, look under the General Category and under the forum thread "RECOMMENDED LINKS". The Topic for the link to the Interview is a locked and stickied topic so it will be near the top and clearly titled. Thank you.

wsccg
11-23-2008, 12:34 AM
Thank you sharing this MikeA! This is a great interview! I'm only about half way through, but had to take a moment to say thank you for the efforts put forth to share this with everyone.:cheers:

sodascouts
11-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Thanks to Mike for sharing this and Mark for allowing it!

AzEaglesFan
11-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Thank you Mike, I enjoyed reading the interview. We have all wondered what kind of relationship Joe and Stevie had now and he answered that. Glad to know he still considers her a friend.

sodascouts
11-23-2008, 02:17 PM
I was pleased by his praise of Stevie, too. He speaks of her so rarely. It's nice to hear.

JoeFan
11-23-2008, 03:10 PM
This is absolutely fascinating, never seen it before. Thank you and Mark as well, of course. He is obviously a great fan of Joe's and it shows in his interview.

glenneaglesfan
11-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Thank you Mike, and Mark for allowing you to link to his site. That was an enlightening interview, and a real pleasure to read.:-)

Troubadour
11-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Thanks so much, Mike. Fantastic interview.

Prettymaid
11-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Thank you Mike, I really enjoyed reading that.

MartinG
11-24-2008, 04:28 AM
Good work fella!
Fab interview - I didn't know a lot of the early stuff. Flattered to hear his good words about the English guitarists. I suppose payback was when Brian May called him the guitar heroe's guitar hero at the Spanish festival!

tbs fanatic
11-24-2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks Mike. Have just got through Part 1. Great stuff. Taking a coffee break before settling back for Part 2.

tbs fanatic
11-24-2008, 03:02 PM
Okay, just finished Part 2. Great, great interview. Really covered a lot of ground.

MikeA
11-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Okay, just finished Part 2. Great, great interview. Really covered a lot of ground.

There is a lot of Meat in that interview Willie.

OOPS...Got my eyes crossed between TBF and TBS. Sorry ladies!

TimothyBFan
11-24-2008, 03:46 PM
I finally got thru the whole interview. Thanks for posting it! WOW--stuff I hadn't heard before. Love that he finally talked about Stevie!

Mrs Henley
11-25-2008, 06:44 AM
WOW, I've been reading this interview since this morning and I'm finally finished.
It's an amazing interview with Joe!
Thanks for sharing!

Ive always been a dreamer
11-29-2008, 02:00 AM
Well - I finally got a chance to read this fantastic, insightful interview. My thanks to Mike and Mark as well.

MikeA
12-08-2008, 09:13 AM
A while back, I posted a link to a transcription of the Interview that radio DJ Mark Lane did with Joe Walsh on the "Wow And Flutter Album Show" broadcast from Australia back in 2000.

I see that Mark has posted on his blog on MySpace that he is streaming that broadcast over the internet:

REPLAY OF MY JOE WALSH INTERVIEW

Tuesday 9th December 2008 - 7pm - 9pm East Coast AUSTRALIA time

I will be replaying Part One of my interview with Joe Walsh on my radio program - "The Wow 'N' Flutter Album Show". The interview is in two parts (coz it's so damn long - not unlike an Eagles concert!!) so Part Two will be replayed the following Tuesday night December 16th. This will be the "crack of dawn" for you folks over in the states, but it might just be worth the early morning :-)

The program is streamed live on www.yarravalleyfm.com - just follow the links.........and enjoy! If you pick it up, and you can afford the cost of an international phone call, ring me during the program on 011+61+3+59615991

sodascouts
12-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, Mike!

MikeA
12-31-2008, 03:22 PM
Mark Lane just sent me a 4 CD copy of the rebroadcast interview with Joe. I haven't listened to it yet but in looking at it, it is all in CDA (Audio playback) format.

Mark has granted me permission to load the complete interview up on my website and make it available to anyone to listen to.

It's going to be a while before I can get the time to convert it to MP3 and set it up in a "streaming" player but I'll get it done and will let you all know when it is available.

I hate to edit anything out of it, but if it is like the original interview, there were a lot of minutes of Mark playing classic Walsh tracks...nothing live. Joe was interviewing via telephone...

I have to decide whether to leave the replaying of Joe's recordings in the on-line version. Most everyone who would be interested in hearing the interview will have all of the recordings. Still, I hate to edit anything out if it. I'll have to give this some more thought.

TimothyBFan
12-31-2008, 03:42 PM
Just my 2 cents here--don't edit it. I would love to hear all of it even tho I have heard the songs already. And we all appreciate you doing that for us--Thanks!!!

Brooke
12-31-2008, 04:09 PM
I know it would take more time, but you could do an original version and an edited version without the songs.

Just a thought!

And thanks for sharing with us!

sodascouts
12-31-2008, 06:02 PM
Perhaps you should consult Mark about it. I doubt the guys are policing you, but since these are studio tracks available for commercial release, it might be safer to edit them out.

I too thank you for your efforts, as well as Mark!

MikeA
12-31-2008, 07:24 PM
Perhaps you should consult Mark about it. I doubt the guys are policing you, but since these are studio tracks available for commercial release, it might be safer to edit them out.

I too thank you for your efforts, as well as Mark!

I gave that a thought, but doubt that Mark would turn something like that over to me unless it had been approved for release by Joe. Plus, I'm not positive that the Audio CDs have the music on them. I suspect they do though considering the length of the interview and the number of CDs he sent.

I won't get us in trouble though <LOL> If the music is on there, I'll contact Mark again and make sure everything is cool. He didn't specifically state that the reproduction on the Website had to be unedited, but I know he was reluctant to allow me to duplicate the original because of the editing HE wanted to do on it. I've honored his desires with this interview since the very beginning and will do no different now.

Like I say, it might be making a mountain out of a mole hill. I don't even know if he left the recordings on the release he gave me.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-03-2009, 02:08 PM
I agree Mike. I doubt that Mark would have turned anything over to anyone unless he were completely comfortable with it. I would love to have them in their unedited version.