PDA

View Full Version : Calendar Doc

MikeA
11-23-2008, 12:51 PM
Hmmm, the file is too large (3mb) to attach here. I'll upload it to my web space and provide a link to it. I will come back and edit this at some point to include the link when it's available.

However:

Let's try it like this and see if it works:

http://www.mvabercrombie.net/2009calendarsample.doc

Note that the above link will download the doc file to your computer into your default download folder and the file is some 3-megabytes in length. If you are dial-up it's gonna take a while!

Or you can link to an HTML view of the finished calendar that has a Joe Walsh Bias (more pics of Joe than the others) Here:

http://mvabercrombie.net/2009calendar/2009calendar.html

I have also added the hyperlink to the HTML calendar to my Signature.

Here's a chance for you guys to get "creative". In the past, I have made up calendars with "Family" photos for each month and filled in with notes on days that were special to our family.

Why not do that with The Band? Duh...what a concept...wonder why no one has thought of doing that before? :headbang:

The document I'm attaching (I hope!) is a Word Document so it should be easy for anyone to download and edit. Notes for new events can easily be added. Just use Times New Roman with an 8-pt font. Type it in and then highlight and center it. That's all there is to it.

At this point, each calendar page is a full 8x10 calendar grid with the months January 2009, through January 2010.

I have included the birthdays of all of the Eagles, past and present (except Stu for I didn't know his birthday). I have also included the dates of release of all of the albums of Joe Walsh and the and those of the Eagles.

I know you guys will wish to edit that and include the release dates of the solo works of Don, Glenn and Timothy.

The way I "produced" the calendars for my family was through Office Max. I think I actually printed off thirteen "monthly" 8x10 landscaped pictures to use as covers for each month. Plus, I printed off a Front cover. I think I left the back page blank but at any rate, I had the Front and Back covers laminated to give the calendar some stiffness.

Come to think of it, I may have just set things up on a CD to do this.

At any rate, I had Office Max (or Kinko's or which ever store you prefer) alternate a picture with a calendar page so that when opened up (it was spiral bound) The Photograph was on top and the calendar on bottom. This required two pages for each month...one for the photo, and one for the calendar plus a front cover and a back cover.

However, idealy, if you can convey the principle to the copier, it would be better if you could have the photo printed on one side of a page and the calendar on the next page. The trick there would be to get the pages oriented correctly so they were rightside up (instead of upside down or something like that!) and have them so that the correct picture was on top of the calendar month it was intended to be the focus for.

You can have some fun with this considering the mindboggling number of photos of the Band and its members here on Borders.

AzEaglesFan
11-23-2008, 02:25 PM
WOW THANK YOU MIKE

sodascouts
11-23-2008, 02:36 PM
This looks like quite a project! I'm not sure of all the ins and outs, but I gather you would like people to add things to the calendar and send the edited version to you? Is it OK to simply post important dates in this thread if we think of them to avoid that extra step?

glenneaglesfan
11-23-2008, 04:29 PM
Mike, thanks for a great idea to start a project. Look forward to seeing what people come up with.

Glennsallnighter
11-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Brilliant Mike! I'll have a go of this to be sure. Thank you!

MikeA
11-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Hmmm,

Actually, I had already done everything that I had planned on doing with the calendar.

However, I did intend it to be in a format that could have stuff easily added to it.

Tell you what.....if you guys will post a conglomerate post here in this topic, I will take those dates....what ever you provide....and add them to the calendar and upload it under the same name as in my original post.

Once that is done, you can all download it, pick out the pictures you want to go with each month in the calendar and then take it to some place they can print it and bind it.

I really had no intention of printing multiple copies of a calendar and distributing them. I thought you each might like to personalize it with your own choices of images and even your own personal date notes....anniversaries, birthdays, vacation schedules...you know...all that kind of stuff.

But I certainly have no objection to adding information about the Eagles and any of the members of the Eagles to it if y'all will provide it. I don't really have the time to research the dates myself.

Just as I've added notes about Joe's solo album release dates, I thought you might want to add the solo release dates of Tim, Glenn and Don.

MikeA
11-23-2008, 06:53 PM
This looks like quite a project! I'm not sure of all the ins and outs, but I gather you would like people to add things to the calendar and send the edited version to you? Is it OK to simply post important dates in this thread if we think of them to avoid that extra step?

LOL.....Yes Soda, you summed up in a couple of sentences what took me a small novel to describe.

If we can keep the posts in the thread limited strictly to nothing but information needed on the calendar, it would help me a lot. That way, I wouldn't have to read through a lot of messages that were conversational in nature in order to find the information to put on the calendar.

sodascouts
11-23-2008, 07:18 PM
Sorry I misunderstood your original intent, Mike. Please don't feel obligated to take on all that extra work! We can all add our own dates as you suggested.

MikeA
11-23-2008, 09:09 PM
Sorry I misunderstood your original intent, Mike. Please don't feel obligated to take on all that extra work! We can all add our own dates as you suggested.

It's okay Soda. I really don't mind if we can just keep a thread barren of anything but the events and dates that need to go into the existing document.

I thought this might be something that folks might like to customize with pictures and give as gifts.

The good thing about this is that once all the dates are entered into the current calendar, to do one for another year will be nothing more than generating another calendar and then cutting and pasting the information from the old one.

I'm thinking we'll have a sample of a completed calendar soon <smile>...one with pictures and maybe information on sizing the images to best fit the "landscaped" format.

TimothyBFan
11-23-2008, 09:14 PM
Sounds like a great idea but I am so computer stupid I will probably never figure it out. :blush: Will there be very detailed instructions to help us computer challenged?

MikeA
11-23-2008, 10:03 PM
Sounds like a great idea but I am so computer stupid I will probably never figure it out. :blush: Will there be very detailed instructions to help us computer challenged?

I will personally help you in any way I can TBF. Even to the point of letting you link me to the pictures that you want for each calendar month. I can take those and insert them into the appropriate place within the Word Document so that you should be able to take them to Kinkos and tell them to print it off in calendar format and bind it for you!

But I think someone else is going to do something like that as a finished sample.

The biggest challenge is going to be locating pictures that are wider than they are tall. You can't use a picture that is taller than it is wide unless you are willing to either put two pictures together side by side or center one of them and have a lot of dead space on either side.

But that's why I thought you guys might like to do the pictures yourselves. If you did insist on a picture with the tall narrow characteristics, you could left justify it giving the page a 2-column format and then put song lyrics in the dead space (the right hand column)....or a track listing from an album...or a recipe for chocolate chip cookies! (tip, if you do the cookies, you'll have to send me some cause after all, it was MY idea!)

ticky
11-23-2008, 11:04 PM
Im working on a prototype right now. Im using all the wallpapers I've made plus a few more so there will be one for each month and resizing them at 10.5"x8". I'll post all the images (or links to them) for anyone who might be interested. (im making four new ones as well!) Hopefully this will make it pretty easy but they will be, im afraid, a little biased to the Joe side *G*

AzEaglesFan
11-23-2008, 11:41 PM
Ticky, you can be biased on Joe anytime. :headbang:

ticky
11-24-2008, 01:58 AM
OK! here are the resized calendar images. I didnt make small ones to post here so Ill just link them and ya'll can click and take a look.

January (http://tickypages.com/picturebin/caljan.jpg)
February (with nods to AZ as it's her bday paper) (http://tickypages.com/picturebin/calfeb.jpg)
March (http://tickypages.com/picturebin/calmar.jpg)
April (http://tickypages.com/picturebin/calapr.jpg)
May (http://tickypages.com/picturebin/calmay.jpg)
June (http://tickypages.com/picturebin/caljun.jpg)
July (http://tickypages.com/picturebin/caljul.jpg)
August (http://tickypages.com/picturebin/calaug.jpg)
September (this is a new one!) (http://tickypages.com/picturebin/calsept.jpg)
October (also new. The Wall Papers will be available on Dreamers Bday forum) (http://tickypages.com/picturebin/caloct.jpg)
November~ New (http://tickypages.com/picturebin/calnov.jpg)
December~New (http://tickypages.com/picturebin/caldec.jpg)
WHEW.. ok.. here ya go!! add this to the word docs and hit Kinkos!

Wildthyme
11-24-2008, 03:28 AM
The calendar wallpapers are great Rhonda. The Christmas one is very cute and the other ones are hot hot hot. Boy if I hang this up at work I will never get anything done...:drool:

Mrs Henley
11-24-2008, 04:28 AM
Ooooh I got Joe on my Birthday! yeah! :D

MikeA
11-24-2008, 07:35 AM
I just kinda sorta knowed that that Ticky Person would be all over this thing :inlove:

I went ahead and inserted the pics Rhonda pulled together and touched up the size just a tad to make them the same size as the calendar. Tough job as all I had to do was "drag" a corner of the picture to tweak it.

I pulled in one of the Chicago pics of the band for January of 2010.

The process of sticking the images in is pretty simple.

1. Load the 2009_Calendar.doc file.
2. Go to View/Zoom and set the view at around 25% so you can see multiple pages, one on top of the other.
3. Position your cursor at the top of a calendar page.
4. Select Insert/Break/Page to insert a blank page
5. Click on the picture from Borders here in Ticky's post and it will open in a new TAB or Window depending on your browser.
6. Right Click on that picture and select "Copy Image"
7. With your cursor on the new Blank Page, select Edit/Paste.
8. BINGO!!!!!!!!! You have the inserted the image of your choice into the calendar.

You will probably want to resize just a bit. I think one of Timothy for example was a bit too large and the one you pick may also be too large or too small. To large is no problem but be careful not to start out with one that is too small. If you enlarge it, it might turn grainy.

Anyway, click on a corner of the image in your 2009_Calendar.doc and drag it until it shrinks or enlarges to become the same size as one of the calendar pages. We DO like Symmetry Don't We!

When you've inserted the images that turn you on, save the doc. You might be able to take that doc straight to the Copy Shop (i.e. Kinkos or Office Max or Office Depot or maybe even Walmart).

I would suggest that if you can get the folks where you take it to be printed and bound, that you "try" to get them to collate it as follows:

Front Cover: Laminate. Blank on back
Page 1: Blank on front January image on back
Page 2: January calendar on front, February IMAGE on back
repeat this collation for the rest of the calendar.
Back Cover: Laminate a blank page or even have them use a cardboard backing.

I would ask for heavier than normal paper. Maybe even card stock. I think I asked for 60lb card stock that is the thickness of a business card (20lb is normal paper and 24lb is considered "heavy"). But, you do what you wish. Just depends on how durable you want the calendar to be. The card stock and the lamination will add to the cost.

Or you could print it off yourself if your printer is of pretty good quality and you have enough INK and then just take it to the Printers and have them bind it.

Here is the finished sample. Well, it's almost finished. I did add a cover from the Chicago Pics. You might want to laminate the front cover and back cover but I wouldn't advise laminating all the pages. You might want to jot notes about your pet's VET appointment on it and that might be difficult to do if the calendar was laminated.

Oh, when I had this done, I think it cost around $5 to $10 at Office Max. Don't quote me though. That was 5 or 6 years ago. And that included the spiral binding and heavier stock (card stock I think).

The following is pretty large...3 megabytes because of the inserted pictures.

http://www.mvabercrombie.net/2009calendarsample.doc

MikeA
11-24-2008, 09:20 AM
Another couple of thoughts about refining your calendar...or refining the stock sample we've provided:

That front cover page is blank on the "back". And the January image is on the back of a blank page.

So you have two blank pages when you flip the cover.

You might consider going through the calendar months and pulling all of the Birthdays and Release dates and printing them on the back of the Cover Page so that when you flip open the cover, you'll be looking at the primary contents of the calendar without having to flip through all the pages to find the reference dates! Might be Handy.

On the front side of the January Image, which is blank, you might want to generate a "Year at a Glance" type calendar. Most flip type calendars have something like this as either the first page or they have them on the back of the back cover.

Use your imagination. Lots of good stuff you can come up with I'm sure!

TimothyBFan
11-24-2008, 09:40 AM
Love the wallpapers Ticky but a little to much Joe for a calendar for me. So if I understand, I can actually replace some of those images with some of my own am I right? This is so cool and I really want to make one. I will try to set down and really study the instructions that Mike has given and try to get it figured out but I have a really bad feeling that I am not going to get it right and when I take it to Staples or Office Max etc, they are going to look at me like I'm insane. :crazy:

Can I just pay someone here to do it and ship it to me? Who here needs to make a little extra $$$$? :headscratch:

MikeA
11-24-2008, 10:26 AM
TBF

To replace an image in the existing 2009calendarsample.doc file, just

1. double click on the file you saved during the download. This will launch whatever editor (probably Microsoft Office or Word) and present the document to you.

2. in the VIEW tab click on ZOOM and select around 25% or 50% view and then click on maybe Web Layout or Print Layout to get the pages "stacked" and displayed one above the other.

3. Click on the image you wish to remove and it will show the little boxes at each corner of the image and one in the center of each side. Click DEL button on your keyboard or right click on your mouse and select CUT. This will get rid of the image you don't like but will not delete the page itself.

4. Click on the INSERT tab while your cursor is still on that page from which you just deleted the image.

5. Click on PICTURE and select "FROM FILE".

6. At this point, you can browse your disk drive and find another picture to insert on the blank page. I would suggest that you click on the view icon and change to "thumbnails" so you can get a visual of the picture you are looking for. In general, you want to find one that is wider than it is tall though you can certainly use one that is oriented the other way. But if you do, you will have some dead white space to the right and left of the image you selected. When you click on the picture you are looking for and then click on "INSERT" your choice will appear on the blank page.

7. Time to resize it now so that it fills the page without exceeding the page size. This is a very simple task that requires that you left click on any of the four corners that are visible in the photo on the page and drag them to make the entire image larger or smaller. Adjust it until it is the same size as the outline of the calendar page below it.

8. Note....use only the corners to drag the image to resize it. If you use the little squares in the center of the sides of the photograph, you will distort the image by changing the aspect ratios. You usually don't want to do that unless you are looking to create some "special effects" such as making the guys skinnier or fatter than they are!

Just repeat that entire process for any images you wish to replace.

TimothyBFan
11-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Thanks Mike for being so patient with me on this!

ticky
11-24-2008, 11:39 AM
Love the wallpapers Ticky but a little to much Joe for a calendar for me.

Is that possible???? *G*

TimothyBFan
11-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Ticky-2 key words there were for me. I can't get it to work on my Microsoft Office anyways because I don't have the full version or something. :headscratch:

MikeA
11-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Ticky-2 key words there were for me. I can't get it to work on my Microsoft Office anyways because I don't have the full version or something. :headscratch:

We'll take care of you TBF. Rhonda, do you want the privilege or shall I take it?

Right now, I'm pulling all the dates together in another document that I will place on the back of the cover for quick reference. Will post it when I get it compiled. Several groups now....Birthdays, and a section for artists album release notes, and another for miscellaneous dates like Tommy Bolin's birthday and the Date Walsh announced that he was running for President...

Y'all do know who Tommy Bolin is don't you? Once Walsh left the James Gang, they floundered sort of though many will argue that. Finally, Joe recommended to the Gang that they bring Tommy in. He brought some unbelievable song writing skills as well as enormous talent with the guitar. The resulting album "Bang" was one of the best that the Gang released and as much as I love the Walsh influence, it is a toss-up for me as to whether "Bang" or "Rides Again" was the band's best work! Tommy went on to join Deep Purple and died at a young age. He was a wonder! Listen to "Mystery" and "Alexis" from "Bang" and you'll see what I mean.

ticky
11-24-2008, 12:11 PM

I know Willie.. I was reacting to the too much Joe! words that are just foreign to me.. Like "Chocolate? no thanks, I dont care for it." and "You Look great with Guinea Pig hair"

like speaking in tongues...

Lemme see what I can whip up Mike *G*

MikeA
11-24-2008, 12:12 PM
I know Willie.. I was reacting to the too much Joe! words that are just foreign to me.. Like "Chocolate? no thanks, I dont care for it." and "You Look great with Guinea Pig hair"

like speaking in tongues...

Lemme see what I can whip up Mike *G*

Cool Rhonda. Thanks.

MikeA
11-24-2008, 04:53 PM
Rhonda and I have been pounding on this a bit today. I think we have put some spit and polish on the concept. There is still work to be done in the way of getting album release dates for Tim, Glenn and Don, but for the most part, we have got the format worked out.

You can get an idea of what the finished product will look like if you go to my profile here and click on the "Calendar Appearance" or on the "Calendar Construction" Albums. I have comments under each picture in each album and tried to get them to be in the correct sequence. Unfortunately, I am a dunce when it comes to working with forum software...my own included. So it looks like I took a handfull of album screen shots and jut threw them out there in no particular order <LOL> Sorry about that. But I think you can get the idea.

I made up one album of screen shots of how the calendar will look when it is fully collated and bound. I called this "Calendar Appearance". You should be able to go directly HERE (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/album.php?albumid=23) by clicking...prepare yourself...on HERE (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/album.php?albumid=23)!

In another "album" I have put together the sequence that the pages should be collated and called it "Calendar Construction". You can get to it directly by clicking HERE (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/album.php?albumid=21). I have a sequence of screen prints....small, but they do give an idea of the sequence the sheets need to be collated into in order for the calendar to work right when bound.

The idea is to get it so that there is a Photo on the top page when the calendar is opened up and a calendar on the bottom page. To do this, the photo for February (for example) has to be on the back of the calendar page for January.

Right now, I have a Cover Page Photo, and on the back of it, all the dates that are in the calendar as of now.

There is a second page that is blank and intended to be where the dates for album releases will go for Glenn, Tim and Don. There may be room there on that page to put lyrics to a favorite song or something like that. On the back of this page, is the PHOTO for the month of January, 2009.

I think I put in screen shots of the front and back for February and maybe March to give you an idea.

Then, I skipped to the LAST page which is the calendar for the Month of January 2010. On the back of that page, I placed a Year-At-A-Glance calendar for 2009.

If these pages can be organized in the manor described, then all that is left is to get them oriented so they aren't upside down when the calendar is in use and have the copyshop spiral bind them.

Glennsallnighter
11-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Rhonda, well done! Excellent pictures. Of course my favourite one is the 'allnighter' one. I'd have that as February for my birthday month! I love the Christmas one as well. But indeed they are all hot, Hot HOT!!!

MikeA
11-25-2008, 09:52 AM
I have updated www.mvabercrombie.net/2009calendarsample.doc with release dates of solo works of Don and Glenn and have included for Timothy his solo album release dates as well as his work with Poco and Glad.

On some of the dates, I did not have anything but a Year. On some I had the Year and the Month. If anyone knows or can dig up the complete date on these albums, I will update the notes with that information and place the note in the appropriate place in the calendar.

I did add an insert page, which was needed to eliminate blank pages in the flip-type calendar. There are two of these "inserts". The summerize all of the dates that I have in the calendar.

At this point, the document is now ready for you do download, replace pictures and otherwise customize to your liking. I have not burned the document onto a CD and taken it to a Print Shop yet. I am rather anxious to see if they will have any trouble compiling the calendar from it and am also interested in what they are charging for this service these days.

But before I take it in to have it printed, I think I will wait and see if there are any alterations needed to get the release dates as accurate as possible. Once we have these dates etched in granite, it will be fairly simple to transfer them to a calendar for ANY YEAR. In other words, it will not be nearly so big a task for the next calendar compilation!

ENJOY!

Wildthyme
11-25-2008, 02:47 PM
The calendar looks great Mike and Rhonda... Thanks for all your hard work on this :)

tbs fanatic
11-25-2008, 02:54 PM
WOW! That is seriously impressive. Great Work. :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
11-25-2008, 04:25 PM
Rhonda and Mike, I know I have been in contact with you all day today already but wanted to also thank you both here. You went over and above on this project and it looks fabulous. I have mine on disc already and will be trying to get it to the printer this weekend sometime. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause:

MikeA
11-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Rhonda and Mike, I know I have been in contact with you all day today already but wanted to also thank you both here. You went over and above on this project and it looks fabulous. I have mine on disc already and will be trying to get it to the printer this weekend sometime. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause:

Coule Willie! Be sure and let us know how much damage is done by the printer!

MikeA
11-25-2008, 06:36 PM
I just checked with Office Max and they can work from the document I've created but they have a $26 charge for printing and $4 binding fee. If it's worth $30 then go for it.

However, I'm looking at other options....like printing the calendar myself with photo paper using the photo side for the images and the back side for the calendar pages. If I did that, the cost would then "only" be the price of the photo paper and the cost of the ink. Then it would cost $3.99 to have it drilled and spiral bound at Office Max.

It will take 15 photo pages (printed front and back) to make the calendar. In my case, it will not cost me for the photo paper, but will cost for the ink which is definitely a factor when you are talking about printing off 15 8x10 images in full color.

Definitely, price is a factor in this. I did not check on prices for multiple compilations because once one is produced, before it is bound, it can be duplexed through a color copier at a very reduced copy rate. But then, that sort of defeats the intent here....the thought was for you guys to take the calendar pages and insert your preference as to the pictures for each month <sigh>

The price sure has gone up since the last time I did this!

Prettymaid
11-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Cost is a factor, but this is by far the best Eagles calendar I've ever seen!
Thanks Mike and Ticky too!

Whoever gets theirs 'done' first, let us know how it turns out!

TimothyBFan
11-26-2008, 09:31 AM
Yikes!! Now I went on line on Staples.com and they quote their picture calendars "starting" at $9.99. Hmm!! I will call them and see what they come up with after they open today. My printer is not that good so I don't think that is even an option for me here. Serious cash here for a calendar but it is a mighty good one so might just be worth it if I can't get it cheaper. I guess I need to ask what it would cost to produce it off of a cd, 15 colored pictures and binding-right?

MikeA
11-26-2008, 09:55 AM
I guess I need to ask what it would cost to produce it off of a cd, 15 colored pictures and binding-right?

When I talked to the person at Office Max, I told her I had a CD with a DOC file on it that I wanted printed on front and back of the pages in color and told her how many pages (15). I told her also that half of the pages would have to be "flipped" in order for it to be used properly after I had them bind it for me.

If I printed it myself and only had them bind it, the cost was only $4. She said it really didn't matter what format the document was in (JPG, DOC, PDF, GIF...etc) the $26 charge was for the paper and the ink.

The paper I specified was what they normally use for calendars...about 50 or 60lb photo stock. That paper is not cheap. I'm sure the cost would be quite a bit less if non-photo paper was used but it wouldn't have that high quality look to it.

I don't know what your inquiry returned as far as the $9.99 Photo Calendar goes. One photo? One on each page? But that is probably using a calendar page that they provide that would not allow for putting all the dates in that make this calendar so unique.

I did ask them about subsequent calendars and got no reduction even if 5 were made exactly alike. I think there may be some room for negotiation there or maybe the clerk I spoke with didn't know for sure and just blew me off at that point.

However, once a calendar is printed off, color copies at places like Office Max are not that expensive. Seems like around $1 a page but I do not know how much it would cost if you provided the paper. And, it might be that a color copy that is not on photo paper wouldn't be that expensive if you were willing to live with that finish.

MikeA
11-26-2008, 10:03 AM
Hmmm,

Maybe as an option, I ought to just create a Web Calendar from this DOC file. That would at least allow it to be viewed and used by folks who didn't want to spend the money to actually have it hanging on their wall.

The Web View of the Calendar would be quite a bit cheaper....FREE <LOL>

I'll think about that. May do it this weekend if I can find the time.

TimothyBFan
11-26-2008, 10:14 AM
This is what I just briefly checked yesterday afternoon. I was kinda using it as a base price after what you had said earlier on how much it had been last time. I'm not surprised the price has gone up that much-just like everything else I guess.

http://216.151.85.169/xp5/index.asp

Ive always been a dreamer
11-26-2008, 12:25 PM
Mike and ticky - thanks for all of your hard work. That is one great looking calendar. I may check to see what the price would be to print the cover using the expensive photo paper, but then using a less expensive heavy grade glossy paper for the other pages.

MikeA
11-26-2008, 12:40 PM
Mike and ticky - thanks for all of your hard work. That is one great looking calendar. I may check to see what the price would be to print the cover using the expensive photo paper, but then using a less expensive heavy grade glossy paper for the other pages.

I think that might be a viable alternative IABAD.

Always keep in mind though....there are THOUSANDS of images stored here on Border. The entire thing was set up with the idea in mind that each person could insert their own preferences as to Photos for the cover and each month! Not only that, but since it is a Word Document, if you can edit that, you can insert any other "dates" on the calendar....maybe your pets birthday...you know what I mean. <LOL>

MikeA
11-26-2008, 01:59 PM
Okay, to think of it is almost to do it. Not quite, but I did get it done.

http://mvabercrombie.net/2009calendar/2009calendar.html

You can link to this as often as you wish. Of course, since it is a set of JPG images, you won't be able to "customize" it. If you want to do that, you'll need to download:

http://mvabercrombie.net/2009calendarsample.doc

You can do pretty much anything you want with that document. It is the complete calendar with a bias towards Joe Walsh as far as the pictures go. But it does have the complete set of "everyone's" dates both in the inserts inside the front cover and also in their appropriate places on the calendar pages.

You might want to bookmark those two pages. If you don't want to go directly to the calendar, you can always link to:

http://mvabercrombie.net

There is a link on that menu page to the calendar. You'll see it if you go there.

sodascouts
11-26-2008, 04:32 PM
Wow, you've gone to such trouble! It's great!

That Christmas photo is TERRIFIC! I love it!!

I think your idea of using wallpapers as calendar photos is a good one. For folks who want additional wallpapers, I have a few on the sites (EOC (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/wallpapers.htm), GFO (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/downloads/wallpapers.htm), TBSO (http://www.timothybschmitonline.com/downloads/wallpapers.htm), etc). I don't think anything tops that Christmas one for the holidays, though. It's adorable!

ticky
12-03-2008, 08:33 PM
I just got back from Office Depot and they will print and spiral bind your calendar for $3.98. it's slightly smaller and not laminated but its the full calendar and I know you can, for slightly more, upgrade the paper and such! *Im* definitely going to do it!!

MikeA
12-03-2008, 10:03 PM
I just got back from Office Depot and they will print and spiral bind your calendar for $3.98. it's slightly smaller and not laminated but its the full calendar and I know you can, for slightly more, upgrade the paper and such! *Im* definitely going to do it!!

DETAILS PLEASE! What format? Just the Word Document? And, "smaller size"....how much smaller? 8x10? It's sounding GREAT Rhonda!

ticky
12-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Just from looking at it briefly, it was pretty flimsy paper but it had vinyl covers and spiral binding. Im sure you could up grade the paper and play with the layout till you get what you want, but it WAS 8.5"x 11" I *think*. Im going to try it tomorrow and see what I can figure out and how much it will cost me. I'll let ya'll know!

TimothyBFan
12-04-2008, 08:40 AM
Keep us informed. I haven't had a chance yet to get to Staples and it kinda scared me when I heard what Mike found out about the price. I'm hoping it can be cheaper but otherwise I will bite the bullet and go get it anyways. I have the disc in my purse just waiting.

ticky
12-15-2008, 04:01 PM
I went to Office Depot. The Calendar they offered for 3.99 is really poor quality. The other that normally goes for $15.00 is on sale for $10.00 during the Christmas season. They are running a special right now for $8.99 each and if you purchase more then three they can give you a deal (you have to ask) I bought 7 Calendars (I made different ones with family pics) and when I got them there was a tiny roller line (not really noticable except my SIL who works for Xerox R&D would absolutely notice it) SO I mentioned it and asked if it was possible to redo it. They guy said he'd give me a discount on it OR I could wait 3 days so he could ask his boss.. (I took the discount!) So I payed $45.00 for 7 calendars.
ALSO, they're having a sale on poster sized prints. (I *think* it was 18x24") for $5.99

The quality of these calendars is excellent and they were super easy! It's going to be a fun gift *G*

Wildthyme
12-15-2008, 05:31 PM
I wonder what people at work would say if I had a poster sized picture of the Eagles on my office wall? A couple of them already think I am odd for have two smaller pictures of them on my bulletin board... lol

ticky
12-15-2008, 05:44 PM
LOL Cami get this one

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/GFreySmokinHot.jpg

You'd probably recruit a few new members here!

12-15-2008, 06:45 PM
LOL Cami get this one

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/GFreySmokinHot.jpg

You'd probably recruit a few new members here!

Woah, girl - that looks familiar. I think I'll have to put that one on my calendar, too. Trouble is, I may have to put it on 12 times, otherwise I may not want to flip to the next month. :shock: :twisted: :lol:

Freypower
12-15-2008, 07:49 PM
Do you know, I have never included that photo in any of my Photobucket calendars, or the wallpaper that I have of it, because I didn't think it would be 'acceptable'.

12-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Well, FP - to each their own. For my taste, I find that picture more than acceptable! :wink:

Brooke
12-16-2008, 11:03 AM
To me, it would depend on who just might be looking at the calendar. I like it, but I don't think my hubby would find it appropriate. :laugh:

TimothyBFan
12-20-2008, 01:05 PM
Finally had time this morning to run to Staples about my calendar. Their calendar base price is 12.99 but only if you use their calendar and your pictures. So mine was extra because I wanted our calendar with the Eagles dates on it so my total was $18.99. A little pricier than I wanted but it is beautiful. Real happy with it!

Thanks again Mike and Rhonda for helping me out with it!!

ticky
12-20-2008, 01:14 PM
That is steeper then we thought Willie, but Im glad you got it! *G* I love mine! Office Depot seemed to be a little more flexible. They let me use my own calendar doc and charged me the same price (of course they originally quoted me something HALF that price, but then I upgraded the paper etc..)

My Dad gave me his old work printer that prints both sides of the paper. The color is kind of messed up right now, but if I can figure out how to fix that, I may try making my own calendars!

MikeA
12-20-2008, 03:26 PM
I have printed my own on Photo Paper and then just paid the $3.99 plus tax to have them spiral bound. They look really good when done that way too. Of course a lot depends on how good your printer is.

But that can get expensive. It takes a lot of ink and you have to be SO CAREFUL to give the ink time to "bond" to the paper or whatever you call it ("dry" maybe) ....else it will pick up fingerprints and easily smears. Of course, you also have the cost of the photo paper.

If you do go that route, I would suggest first printing the calendar on the BACK of the photo paper and letting that dry really well. Then print the picture on the other side after the calendar is completely set or dry. So much colored ink us used that it practically drips and you wouldn't want to run that image back through the printer and take a chance on scratching it or smearing it or something.

joshuafrfld701
11-28-2009, 11:35 AM
Definitely, price is a factor in this. I did not check on prices for multiple compilations because once one is produced, before it is bound, it can be duplexes through a color copier at a very reduced copy rate. But then, that sort of defeats the intent here....the thought was for you guys to take the calendar pages and insert your preference as to the pictures for each month.