PDA

View Full Version : Lyrics to I Love to Watch a Woman Dance

sodascouts
07-29-2006, 05:51 PM
While waiting for news from Atlantic City, I wrote up the lyrics to I Love to Watch a Woman Dance for those who are curious. This is just what I heard so there could be mistakes.

I love to watch a woman dance
She bows her head and lifts her hands
Her hips begin to circle slowly
Her eyes have closed; her face is holy
She holds the whole world in trance
Yeah, I love to watch a woman dance

She likes the slow songs of love lost
They take her a million miles away
‘Cause to dream, sometimes, is the only way
To go places you can’t get to any other way
Our eyes connect; she takes my hand

I feel my heart beating, and I wonder
Will it ever satisfy my longing?
I’m gonna hold on to you for as long as I can
For who knows, this dance may be our only dance

So we danced together, close and slow
So slow we’re almost standing still
Her warm breath against my neck
Slowly breaking down my will
The room spins so I can barely stand
The song ends; then, she lets go of my hand
There’s so much I don’t understand
But I love to watch a woman dance

~
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/avatars/nancysigbanner.jpg

eaglesfans
07-29-2006, 07:09 PM
Listen to Don's For My Wedding....it's very similar.

Freypower
07-29-2006, 07:49 PM
I have never been a great fan of For My Wedding, although I do like the simplicity of it. I am uneasy with the use of an outside writer. I remember the discussion about FMW in Eagleland which suggested that it was deliberately chosen in the hope that it would be played at weddings. Glenn's new effort seems less specific. Having now read the lyrics it still doesn't seem like an Eagles song, although I hope they record it.

DonFan
07-30-2006, 07:01 PM
Those lyrics are beautiful--I can only imagine what it must've been like to watch him singing them!

I love For My Wedding, too. I played it for my sister who is planning her wedding and she didn't like it very much, probably because it takes a realistic look at going into a marriage--that it isn't always "sweetness & light." My husband & I have been married almost twenty years and we know that marriage is full of joys and sorrows, ups & downs, and lots of compromises.

For me, those feelings are summed up in the line that says "I want a moment of silence and a moment of prayer, for the love we'll need to make it in the world out there." Very, very true. I know Don didn't write that song, but he sings it beautifully.

timfan
07-30-2006, 07:06 PM
Thanks Nancy for posting those! it really is a fantastic song! :D As I go all dreamy eyed here!

Ive always been a dreamer
07-30-2006, 07:27 PM
Thanks for posting the words Nancy. I think the song is just beautiful, as is For My Wedding. If it doesn't make it on the new album, hopefully, it'll get released somehow.

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...