PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!!

TimothyBFan
11-26-2008, 03:02 PM
Since I won't most likely be here tomorrow morning, I thought I would wish everyone an early Happy Thanksgiving!!!

http://images.zwani.com/graphics/thanksgiving/images/gobble-wobble.gif (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/%3Ccenter%3E%3Ca%20href=)

chaleymom
11-26-2008, 03:04 PM
Same to you Willie! (and everyone else!!!)

Mrs Henley
11-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Willie!
And Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

ticky
11-26-2008, 03:20 PM
Yeah! Happy Turkey day Everyone!!
http://tickypages.com/picturebin/tg.jpg

sodascouts
11-26-2008, 04:23 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends on the Border who celebrate it!

GlennLover
11-26-2008, 04:31 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the US!

In Canada we celebrate it the 2nd Monday in October. Do any of you in other countries celebrate Thanksgiving or have a similar celebration?

Mrs Henley
11-26-2008, 04:47 PM
In the Netherlands we don't celebrate Thanksgiving, and I have no idea what kind of similar celebration we have. (I miss the most part of celebrating information, lol)

Ive always been a dreamer
11-26-2008, 04:51 PM
I would also like to wish everyone here on The Border a Happy Thanksgiving even if you don't formally celebrate it. Basically, if you just eat until you can't stuff another thing in your mouth, you'll be celebrating with us. :D

Mrs Henley
11-26-2008, 05:30 PM
I would also like to wish everyone here on The Border a Happy Thanksgiving even if you don't formally celebrate it. Basically, if you just eat until you can't stuff another thing in your mouth, you'll be celebrating with us. :D

I would keep that in my mind Dreamer! :lol:

Freypower
11-26-2008, 06:27 PM
We have nothing like Thanksgiving in Australia. Our July 4 is January 26, Australia Day, and on April 25 we have Anzac Day where we remember our soldiers who died at Gallipoli in 1915. To most Australians that is our most sacred holiday (not to me, but I will not bore you with that).

So Happy Thanksgiving to our American members.

DonFan
11-26-2008, 07:39 PM
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

In spite of the economic crisis we are experiencing here in the States, I feel I have much to be thankful for. I have a family who loves me--a hubby & two beautiful daughters; I am travelling to my mother's house tomorrow to celebrate with my extended family--my mom, brother, sister, sis-in-law, two nephews and a niece--where we will have more food than we could possibly eat in several days; we have good health and good friends; and my life is filled with good music. I am thankful for all of this, and I am thankful I have been able to enjoy a string of Eagles concerts this year as well, something I never could've predicted last Thanksgiving, when I was still trying to learn the words to all the songs on LROOE.

May everyone have a happy and blessed day!

chaleymom
11-26-2008, 08:51 PM
Well - since you brought it up DF (:wink:) I have say what I'm thankful for as well.....(after all, that's what Thanksgiving is about right? Well, that and the food....)

I, too, am thankful for the fact that I have a good job, for one thing, my husband's job is going well, all of my family is healthy for the most part (both of my parents are in their 80's and still kicking!) my wonderful kids are both doing well, and a most wonderful 'new' blessing was bestowed upon me this year.... a son that I gave up for adoption 30 years ago found me in June of this year - due to the wonders of the internet, and an adoption site I registered on a few years ago. Not only has my long-lost first born son returned, but he also has a wife and a one year old daughter! I'M A GRANDMA!!! And - he only lives about an hour and a half away!

And of course, I have found some NEW 'cyber friends' here on the Border.

Life is good....:thumbsup:

thelongrun
11-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Hey my people Happy thanksgiving to all! Take it easy will ya'?
I mean, take care, My best, Greetings.:grouphug:

rickmullen
11-27-2008, 01:34 AM
I just thought I would add my "Happy Thanksgiving" wishes to
everyone also.

I'm sure we will all eat more than we should tomorrow. But, hey,
that's what you do on Thanksgiving, right?

Rick

AzEaglesFan
11-27-2008, 01:44 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all. I don't have to cook this year so it will be a treat to let someone else take care of that part of the day and I will just help clean up the mess after all the eating is over. If there is anything left to clean up that is.

Littlemelly9
11-27-2008, 12:34 PM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING PEEPS!!!!:partytime:

Stephanie
11-27-2008, 02:52 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates it!

http://lc.fdots.com/cc/lc/4b/4b5cbb3c2c9fdc3071dcb41f1a320981.gif

EagleLady
11-27-2008, 03:19 PM
Happy thanksgiving everyone!

fred
11-27-2008, 03:23 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who celebrated it.
Greetings Freddie :thumbsup:

Troubadour
11-27-2008, 09:06 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to our American friends! DF, that was a beautiful post. It's great to take a moment now and then to reflect on all the good things in our lives. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

Glennsallnighter
11-28-2008, 05:34 AM
We don't celebrate thanksgiving here either. I suppose our most significant National holiday is of course St Patricks Day on March 17th, and if it doesn't fall on a Wednesday we tend to make it last a weekend. Our biggest festival would be Christmas.

But for all who ARE celebrating thanksgiving, I hope you all had a wonderful day and that you 'Stuffed Yourselves Silly'

Peekaboo
11-29-2008, 07:40 PM
I'm a little late on this but i hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Because i had to work on Thanksgiving, i was only able to spend half of the day with my family but it was a good day nonetheless. I am so thankful for all of my family. They mean the world to me and I wouldn't be who i am without any of them. I am also thankful for the wonderful people i've met here on the Border. Eagles fans are the best.

And chaleymom, that is so great that you found your son and that you are a grandma now. That's such a wonderful thing. I'm happy for you.

chaleymom
11-29-2008, 11:00 PM
thanks Peekaboo! I appreciate that! I will get to see them again at Christmas and am looking forward to buying for my little one now!

Hope you all had a great holiday!

DonFan
11-29-2008, 11:08 PM
Well - since you brought it up DF (:wink:) I have say what I'm thankful for as well.....(after all, that's what Thanksgiving is about right? Well, that and the food....)

I, too, am thankful for the fact that I have a good job, for one thing, my husband's job is going well, all of my family is healthy for the most part (both of my parents are in their 80's and still kicking!) my wonderful kids are both doing well, and a most wonderful 'new' blessing was bestowed upon me this year.... a son that I gave up for adoption 30 years ago found me in June of this year - due to the wonders of the internet, and an adoption site I registered on a few years ago. Not only has my long-lost first born son returned, but he also has a wife and a one year old daughter! I'M A GRANDMA!!! And - he only lives about an hour and a half away!

And of course, I have found some NEW 'cyber friends' here on the Border.

Life is good....:thumbsup:
CM, I left town right after I made my post, and just came home to read yours and all the ones that followed--
Anyway, what a wonderful Thanksgiving blessing--to have found your son and new granddaughter. Congratulations! That is terrific!

chaleymom
11-29-2008, 11:36 PM
thanks DF! It is pretty terrific - I agree. A day I have dreamed about for 30 years but never really thought would come - was on July 20 when I met him for the first time. That was probably one of the best hugs I've ever had....... He's a pretty great guy, and his wife and daughter are so sweet. I told him I could die happy now - having one of my prayers answered. (But I hope I'm still around awhile to enjoy him!!)

(guess I should move this to the "What's Happening in Your life" thread!)