PDA

View Full Version : Going through PEW! Please HELP!!

Stars
11-30-2008, 12:14 PM
I think it was inevitable, after seeing our guys three times within a week, and now I'm going through a bad case of PEW!
I have been trying to listen to their music as much as possible, and I'm also watching the concert DVDs. Also, I found if I wear a T shirt with their picture on it, I feel like they are close to me.
I am finding it hard to eat, hard to sleep, and have feelings of sadness, and of missing them. If any of you have any suggestions on how to cope with PEW, I would certainly appreciate it-thanks so much!
:help:

Littlemelly9
11-30-2008, 12:47 PM
What's PEW?:headscratch:

Prettymaid
11-30-2008, 12:53 PM
Stars, sounds like you are doing all you can within reason. I guess it goes without saying that coming here is the best remedy for PEW. (You know how they say to be around people going through the same thing) :cry:

Hubby and I are finally getting around to printing, framing and honoring on a wall in our basement some of the pictures Maleah took at our Chicago show. I still have to buy the frames but it is going to look awesome!

Just Another Hired Hand
11-30-2008, 01:16 PM
As many Fridays as we are able the Mrs. and I watch the Farewell I tour DVD. It goes a long way toward helping us satisfy our need for an Eagles fix. Sometimes we watch Hell freezes Over. When ever we do household chores there is almost always some form of Eales music blaring from one of the many radios and cd players throughout the house. The worst part of any Eagles concert is the end. Even when I saw them twice in one week it was still quite a let down, especially at the end of the second concert. We know what you are going through.

Littlemelly9
11-30-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm confused what is PEW?

Wildthyme
11-30-2008, 01:33 PM
Post Eagles Withdrawl

And I am ready to take my chances with PEW if the boys make it out west anytime soon...:pray:

Prettymaid
11-30-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm confused what is PEW?

LM, PEW stands for Post Eagles Withdrawal

Littlemelly9
11-30-2008, 01:34 PM
ooooh thanks I felt that once right befor I joined the bourder it's hard.

Stars
11-30-2008, 05:41 PM
Thanks to everyone for your support and suggestions! I'm off to watch parts of Melbourne, Hell Freezes Over, and Inside Job now.
I'm so glad I joined this board, and have "met" all of you. You are the only ones who truly understand PEW-hubby thinks I'm crazy! LOL.

TimothyBFan
11-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Stars-hang in there girl--it gets a little easier as time goes by. Just keep coming back here and listen and watch as much Eagles as one possibly can!

EagleLady
11-30-2008, 06:20 PM
and create a shrine on your wall ;)

Littlemelly9
11-30-2008, 06:26 PM
HA!!

eaglesvet
12-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Too funny, Stars! I literally was just thinking what thread I should put my complaint of major PEW on, and yours popped up where it hadn't been moments earlier!! I was hoping that I would be immune from the dreaded PEW (I don't know why I would be; I was just hoping.) But, as of Saturday morning, I am a basket case of PEW...a mere 2 1/2 days after seeing my last concert! I guess I should consider myself lucky that the post-concert high lasted that long, huh? I've found that daydreaming about the Eagles (starring Glenn:heart:, and featuring live concert footage in technicolor) while I'm walking the dog really keeps my mind occupied--and both of us (me and the dog; unfortunately not Glenn) in better physical condition! Our walks will lengthen accordingly!

PS. Unfortunately, my hubby offers no support for sufferers of PEW. He thinks I am nuts for even going to one of my extra-special floor seat shows last week, never mind two--because, in his words, "We already saw the Eagles." Yeah, 6 mos. ago from nosebleed seats...if I can do better, I will! (And I did!) If he only realized what all happens to and with everyone on this site; and how much time we all spend here! Ha!

eaglesvet
12-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Post Eagles Withdrawl

And I am ready to take my chances with PEW if the boys make it out west anytime soon...:pray:

Oh yes, the thrill of the victory is definitely more than worth the agony of defeat.

eaglesvet
12-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Thanks to everyone for your support and suggestions! I'm off to watch parts of Melbourne, Hell Freezes Over, and Inside Job now.
I'm so glad I joined this board, and have "met" all of you. You are the only ones who truly understand PEW-hubby thinks I'm crazy! LOL.

Wow, you have quite the library of Eagles videos/DVD's. :jealous: :wink:
We only have HFO, but at least IMO it's where the guys look their hottest!

TimothyBFan
12-01-2008, 12:28 PM

EV--You HAVE to get Farewell and try to get a copy of Christchurch!!!! That one is my favorite. I believe Nancy can tell you how to get it. This is definitely one of those case where the more you get the better-unfortunately, it still will never be enough tho.:cry:

eaglesvet
12-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Sounds like something for my Xmas list. Soda, where can I get the aforementioned items?

Ive always been a dreamer
12-01-2008, 12:36 PM

Oh my ev - trust me, you need to increase your library if you have any hopes of recovering from this PEW. :lol: The good news is that until you are able to do that, there are many audio and video downloads that you can watch or listen to on EOC and all of the member sites. But, I must caution you, once you check in, you can never leave. If hubby thinks you spend a lot of time on the site now, then he'd better watch out! But this may be your only hope. :wink: :nod:

ETA: EV, the Farewell 1 DVD is still commercially available. I saw some at my Walmart not to long ago. And, of course, there is always Amazon. As far as any of the downloads on the sites, you can PM Soda and see what help she can give you.

eaglesvet
12-01-2008, 12:40 PM
lol! I've logged my time with many of the downloads already!

Stars
12-01-2008, 04:36 PM
EV, it sounds like we are both going through PEW together! I have to say, it did help to watch the DVDs yesterday. I was in the middle of watching "Live Inside Job" when my husband came home earlier than I expected! LOL. He just kind of rolled his eyes, and walked into the other room. I think that he also thought I was crazy when I got that extra special seat at the Hershey concert! I only had time to watch two songs from Hell Freezes Over-"Tequila Sunrise" and "Heart of the Matter", but seeing Glenn sing one and Don sing one, somehow made me feel a lot better! And yes, I agree with you, our guys are at the height of their good looks during this concert!:singer:

eaglesvet
12-01-2008, 06:05 PM
I've actually spent most of my free time today catching up on all of the old posts I neglected in the last week. That seems to have helped me through another day of PEW.:nod:

Glennsallnighter
12-01-2008, 06:05 PM
I am finding it hard to eat, hard to sleep, and have feelings of sadness, and of missing them. If any of you have any suggestions on how to cope with PEW, I would certainly appreciate it-thanks so much!
:help:

Girlfriend this sounds exactly like me after the London show in March. I cried too, a lot. All you can do is what you are doing already, chatting to people playing their music and generally getting as close as you can!

Also try planning for the next show!

:hug:

Littlemelly9
12-01-2008, 06:11 PM
HEY stars what state do you live in I live in NC so I'm Going to The One in
SC U THIINK U CAN JOIN ME?

Stars
12-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Littlemelly9, I sure wish I could join you and see them in NC! I live in DE, and I am HOPING to go to New Orleans, since hubby and I were planning a trip there anyway in Jan. I told hubby we might as well go when the guys are playing there! He looked at me like I was crazy, but agreed to it. I do have a very understanding husband, which I am so grateful for!

Stars
12-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Glennsallnighter,
Thanks so much for your understanding and support. It's so nice to know that I "am not alone"-Gosh, I do love that song!! Today I went to You Tube and watched several of the videos, and that certainly did cheer me up. I cannot believe how depressed I felt after those concerts! I was really floating around for about two or three days after the last concert, and then I suddenly came crashing down to earth.
This week-end I attended a record show in Philadelphia, and I found a wonderful old black and white picture of the guys,and also one of Glenn's picture sleeve 45's-"You Belong to the City". Just getting them to add to my collection really cheered me up. I have already framed the picture, and I love to look at it when I wake up. It does cheer me up somewhat! I also put Glenn's picture sleeve on a bookcase near the bed so I can see that when I wake up!
You guys here on the board are the greatest! Thanks again for being here.

Peekaboo
12-01-2008, 08:49 PM
I have found that for the most serious cases of PEW that this is the place to be. I did as everybody else and watched all of the dvds and listened to the cds every chance i got but you gotta be able to talk it out as well and this is definitely the perfect place to do that. Even though it's been almost 3 weeks since i saw the guys in concert i still can't stop talking about it. I've worn out my Eagles talk with everybody I know so this is where i know i can let it all out and i know that all of you on here can relate to the feeling of PEW. Nobody else gets it but true Eagles fans.

Maleah
12-02-2008, 12:40 AM
Well Stars......the PEW just doesn't get easier. I saw them for the first time September 24 and I still am having a very hard time with it! Everytime I look at my pictures it's hard for me to believe that I was there! And everytime I hear "How Long" it takes me right back and I can feel the excitement that I felt when they came out on stage and I made my friends leg black & blue. :blush: oops! lol Sadly.....my only relief is in begging two different concert venues in the state to bring them in. :( A friend and I are actually plotting a newspaper write in/article and possibly even requests to the radio stations to help. Yes.....I am truly that desperate. :lol: :help:

12-02-2008, 01:08 AM
Well - I guess if you want to get technical, I've have PEW for over 5 years now. :lol:

And Maleah, good luck on your campaign to get the guys to South Dakota. Go for it!

eaglesvet
12-02-2008, 02:43 AM
Glennsallnighter,
Thanks so much for your understanding and support. It's so nice to know that I "am not alone"-Gosh, I do love that song!! Today I went to You Tube and watched several of the videos, and that certainly did cheer me up. I cannot believe how depressed I felt after those concerts! I was really floating around for about two or three days after the last concert, and then I suddenly came crashing down to earth.
This week-end I attended a record show in Philadelphia, and I found a wonderful old black and white picture of the guys,and also one of Glenn's picture sleeve 45's-"You Belong to the City". Just getting them to add to my collection really cheered me up. I have already framed the picture, and I love to look at it when I wake up. It does cheer me up somewhat! I also put Glenn's picture sleeve on a bookcase near the bed so I can see that when I wake up!
Actually, it sounds like you've taken some positive action steps! That sounds pretty cool. From what era is the B&W photo taken? Have you seen any similar shots here on the Border or related sites?

eaglesvet
12-02-2008, 02:46 AM
Well Stars......the PEW just doesn't get easier. I saw them for the first time September 24 and I still am having a very hard time with it! Everytime I look at my pictures it's hard for me to believe that I was there! And everytime I hear "How Long" it takes me right back and I can feel the excitement that I felt when they came out on stage and I made my friends leg black & blue. :blush: oops! lol Sadly.....my only relief is in begging two different concert venues in the state to bring them in. :( A friend and I are actually plotting a newspaper write in/article and possibly even requests to the radio stations to help. Yes.....I am truly that desperate. :lol: :help:
Actually, although you may classify it as desperate, it seems like a really good move. I would think if Irving got wind of a campaign in a particular state to get the Eagles in, it would make sense to try to book them a concert date there. They certainly are playing multiple cities in other states such as the Carolinas; why not spread the wealth, so to speak?

Glennsallnighter
12-02-2008, 09:03 AM
Glennsallnighter,

Good girl! way to go!

sodascouts
12-02-2008, 10:18 AM
Good luck, Maleah! I'm impressed that you're not just hoping they'll come to your state, you're trying to make it happen.

Littlemelly9
12-02-2008, 06:27 PM
KK STARS!!!!:headbang:

Stars
12-03-2008, 09:17 AM
EV, I think the black and white photo was taken around 1974. Is that when Don Felder joined the band? He is in the photo. From left to right: Bernie, Glenn with folded arms, long hair (no facial hair) and a huge grin on his face, Don H. with his 'fro, no facial hair, looking serious, Randy, and Don F. kind of behind Randy a bit. I have never seen this photo online, but I'm sure it's somewhere. If anyone knows the photo I described and can post it, that would be great!8)

12-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Stars - Soda has this pic in the EaglesOnlineCentral photo gallery. Is it your picture that you are describing? If not, there is another very similar shot in the gallery, but it was too huge to post on the board. However, here is the link if you want to check it out:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/photos/borderera.htm

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/images/eaglesBorderPress.jpg

Stars
12-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Dreamer,
YES!! That is the picture I found at the record show last week-end! Thank you so much for posting it-I had no idea it was in Soda's picture gallery. I guess there are so many wonderful pictures of the guys, it's hard to keep up with them all.:-D
Do you know if that picture is from 1974? I love how happy Glenn looks!

12-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Yep Stars - I believe that pic was taken in '74. As far as other pics, trust me, Soda has a huge number of pictures of the guys from all eras on EOC, as well as, all of their individual sites. You could spend many hours staring at all of that eye candy, and, yes, I am speaking from experience. :wink:

eaglesvet
12-03-2008, 02:30 PM
I have two observations on how PEW has affected my daily life. Realizing that whenever he comes home for dinner my laptop is open to The Border, yesterday my hubby claimed that I had now gone from fan to stalker! And this is from someone who hasn't read a word from this site, and has NO idea about the Sign Escapade, the Chocolate Smuggling, nor any of you as a matter of fact (because you are all in it as deep as I am, if not deeper...) And when he learned that I had brought a camera into the arenas, I think he was about to turn me in to the local authorities...he was truly shocked that I would've even tried it, never mind succeeded! (I didn't tell him that the Eagles didn't mind...) :woah:

The other incident had me chuckling when I realized the repercussions of this on the economy... I have inadvertently started using Eagles tickets as a unit of currency. Earlier this week, my kitchen sink/garbage disposal unit malfunctioned, so the water couldn't drain out. This precluded my using the dishwasher, as well as washing dishes by hand (which I didn't want to do anyway.) When hubby tinkered around with it briefly one night unsuccessfully, I called in a plumber I found in the yellow pages, and
it cost me $400 to get it repaired yesterday :mad:! (I'm sure I got ripped off, but I was at his mercy by this time--no more dishes left to use.) Immediately I thought to myself, "Wow, that's 2 Eagles tickets, and this guy was only here 40 minutes!" What I wouldn't give to have the Eagles spend 6 hours using up my $400 instead! I wonder if they do dishes?

eaglesvet
12-03-2008, 02:31 PM
PS Stars, great picture!

12-03-2008, 02:41 PM
evet - that is hilarious.

If you want to know how PEW has affected my life, look no farther than my previous post #35 in this thread. When Stars described her picture, I thought, "oh, I think I may know which picture she is talking about". And then, yes - I went right to it on the site.

I know I am pathetic, but still .... :hand:

(And OBTW - I have an excuse because I've been around here for a long time).
And besides - I :heart: the Eagles!!! :wink: :lol:

eaglesvet
12-03-2008, 02:46 PM
Dreamer, I did think that of you finding that pix from Stars' description...it was like you were going back to an old family photo album for a school class project or something!

Troubadour
12-03-2008, 03:01 PM
LOL Ev. My Mum used to have photographs of Marti Pellow sneakily slotted in between our family snaps. We always used to tease her about it. Having said that, the other day I was showing a workmate some photos from my holiday on my phone, and suddenly Long Run Don popped up! I was so embarrassed! "That's my sister, that's her boyfriend, that's my Mum, that's...er...Don Henley..." :blush:

On a more serious note, hang in there, Stars. At the moment I'd give anything for a dose of PEW (seeing as that would mean I'd actually seen the guys live!) but I totally understand how it must feel. I had very similar feelings with Morrissey - I'm sure it would be a thousand times worse after an Eagles gig. It sounds like you're doing all the right things. I'd say a complete overdose is the way to go!

eaglesvet
12-03-2008, 03:04 PM
That's pretty funny about exposing your Don photo to the outside world!

TimothyBFan
12-03-2008, 03:15 PM
I might as well fess up also.

~It's pretty bad when your daughter comes out of your bedroom and says "Mom's Eagles shrine seems to be getting bigger" to her father. :eyebrow:

~You have an Eagles picture as a bookmark in your cheap trashy romance novel.

~When you have your ipod (that holds 1500 songs) on shuffle and it plays an Eagles songs (or one of their solo works) at least every 3rd or 4th song.

~When you pull up your email and 90% of the emails are informing you that someone has posted a reply on The Border to a topic you posted to.

~When you have more pictures downloaded on your computer of The Eagles than anything else, including family pics.

Need I go on?:headshake:

eaglesvet
12-03-2008, 03:21 PM

~It's pretty bad when your daughter comes out of your bedroom and says "Mom's Eagles shrine seems to be getting bigger" to her father. :eyebrow:

~When you have your ipod (that holds 1500 songs) on shuffle and it plays an Eagles songs (or one of their solo works) at least every 3rd or 4th song.

~When you pull up your email and 90% of the emails are informing you that someone has posted a reply on The Border to a topic you posted to.

~When you have more pictures downloaded on your computer of The Eagles than anything else, including family pics.

Apparently, some may see this as stalker material (not I). :ziplip: (jk)
I opted out of the email notification for that very reason...I had a feeling it might get out of hand.

ticky
12-03-2008, 03:42 PM

Ditto, except my shrine's in the living room, my 5 yr old can name every member, past and present, of the Eagles, what instrument they play and knows what they look like (she draws pictures of them! and she's pretty good!) and talks about Joe like he's a family member. My Ipod, which used to be filled with audio books is down to 3 audio books and the rest is Eagles/Joe with one play list consisting of about 20 songs of mixed artists (but about 8 of those songs are Eagles) and my Joe/Eagles file is currently up to nearly 3 gigs (but that includes ripped music..)

yep.. PAHHHH-thetic..

Peekaboo
12-03-2008, 06:23 PM

It eases my mind to know that i'm not alone in all of this, and not just with what Willie posted either. Lou, the same thing with the phone happened to me and Dreamer, I knew what picture she was talking about before i scrolled down to it.

DonFan
12-04-2008, 12:21 AM
I loved your list, TBF--I'm right there with you.
My daughters and I talk about Don like he's a family member too. They will say "Remember two years ago, when Mom went to see Don in Dallas?" or "That was when Mom & Rachel saw Don at the Hard Rock Park."

Stars
12-04-2008, 09:04 AM
I do find that adding to my shrine has been helping a lot with PEW! I've been framing lots of pictures-they were all of Glenn, but little by little, I'm adding some Don pictures too. And of course I have the one of all of them I found at the record show. So far, not a word from hubby about the shrine-lol!
:inlove:

TimothyBFan
12-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Stars-if I remember right-you said your husband is pretty understanding. I don't know how long you've been married, but I believe that eventually they just learn to shake their heads and walk away. :-D Anyways, after 20 years of marriage, my husband realized long ago that this obsession with all things Eagles wasn't going away and he would just have to live with it! Smart Man!!!

Stars
12-04-2008, 05:18 PM
TBF, You are right-my husband is very understanding and it sounds like yours is too! When I asked if we could schedule our New Orleans trip when our guys are playing there, he just kind of rolled his eyes and shook his head "yes"-lol!
We have been married 35 years-since 1973! That was the year the "Desperado" album was released, if I remember correctly. My husband and I were in college, and he was given a copy of that album to review for the college newspaper. We still have that album today! (And yes, he gave it a great review!):cheers:

Maleah
12-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Actually, although you may classify it as desperate, it seems like a really good move. I would think if Irving got wind of a campaign in a particular state to get the Eagles in, it would make sense to try to book them a concert date there. They certainly are playing multiple cities in other states such as the Carolinas; why not spread the wealth, so to speak?

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm actually REALLY excited about it right now because we've been putting together a lot of ideas! I can't wait for you guys to see everything we're going to do......we're goin' all out here. ;) Wish us luck!

Maleah
12-04-2008, 11:55 PM
Good luck, Maleah! I'm impressed that you're not just hoping they'll come to your state, you're trying to make it happen.

Thanks Nancy! Oh what the heck, I can't wait until everything's finished to tell you what we're doing. lol My friend who runs his own web design business is designing a website for us. Once that is done we're going to write the newspapers and radio stations and request that they make mention of it and direct people to the web site where they can add their name to a list. See, the concert people here seem to think people wouldn't be willing to spend the kind of money on tickets that it would require to bring the guys in. So we're out to prove them wrong! I'm excited (in case you can't tell) haha :D

TimothyBFan
12-05-2008, 08:00 AM
Good luck Maleah--What initiative you have!!! Very impressive! I sure hope it works!!

Maleah
12-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks Willie!! I hope so too! ;)