View Full Version : New Tour Dates: Eagles Are Coming Back to Europe

AzEaglesFan
12-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Per Joe Walsh Fan Club-May 29,2009 Malmo, Sweden
July 18.2009 Arnhem, Netherlands
Tickets go on sale in Dec

eaglesvet
12-02-2008, 03:29 PM
That should be fun for our foreign friends...wonder where they will be for the month of June?? Have to fill that up soon! Wow, they are really selling tix early for those shows!

Stephanie
12-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Hi all,

Danielle received a comment from Rhonda on MySpace that the Eagles are coming back to the Netherlands! I readed it and I almost died, and called immediately Danielle and we started to scream together on the telephone.
They are coming to the Gelredome in Arnhem at July 18th.
Omg we're so excited!

Other dates in Europe:
Sweden: Malmo: May 26

Arnhem goes on sale this Saturday
And Malmo goes on sale this Friday

fred
12-02-2008, 03:56 PM
Fantastic news, I saw it on the Eagles website,Thanks for the message, And i hope that i can buy some tickets. I can´t wait to see them.:guitar:

sodascouts
12-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Great!

ETA: Where do you go to buy these tickets? Do you have to call the venue?

TimothyBFan
12-02-2008, 04:08 PM
I am so excited for all of you that have been waiting so patiently!!:yay::yay:

Mrs Henley
12-02-2008, 04:18 PM
AMENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN <33333333333333333333

:heart: :drool:

Soda: Ticketmaster.nl , anyway as far as we know now :)

TBF: We will wave to Timmy for you :)

ticky
12-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Danielle, Stephanie and Fred and anyone else able to attend the Netherlands and Sweden concerts.. I am over the moon thrilled for you.. Please ignor the following small but heart felt rant

ticky's Conspiracy Theory

Ahem. I believe Irving Azoff was the boy in school (ok the man ion my neighborhood? the substitue teacher? the car wash guy? anyway.. someone in my past..) I teased unmercifully when he wet his pants. He has recently discovered my presence here and he's getting his revenge by announcing European tours BEFORE THE WESTERN UNITED STATES!!!! I can just hear him now.."OH, Rhonda wants to see them huh? well SHE can just wait!!! lets see how SHE likes it when SHE pees her pants!!" CUZ I AM!!!!!!!!!

Um Mr. Azoff, Sir?
I seriously, completely and profusely apologize upon bended knee for whatever indignities I may have caused you in the past or been witness too, I here by promise to NEVER reveal those humiliations in public (please ignore the above) <insert grovel, whine, bemoan and wretch here> Please please please send my boys HERE!!!!! (we're the West Coast, not the deepest bowels of Hell, although the confusion is understandable.)
Sincerely, Your lacky, slave for life, amigo in dampened britches,
ticky aka Rhonda (Im so terribly sorry)

sodascouts
12-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Guys, I'm gonna move this to the LROOE forum to combo with another. So cool!

Mrs Henley
12-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Awhh Rhonda!!!!
We will give Joe a big kiss from you.

And thank you SO MUCH for the information!!!

We will give Joe something orange and we write a note on it that he has to give it to you when the guys are coming to the WESTERN USA!

TimothyBFan
12-02-2008, 04:33 PM
:rofl:

As soon as I read this thread I thought of you Ticky--Knew you would be upset beyond belief and knew we would get a "Ticky Rant" because of it.

Hang in there girl--Irving is just giving you enough time to save your $$ for ALL the shows he is in the process of scheduling in your neck of the woods!

sodascouts
12-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Maybe they'll wind up the tour in the west, like they did for Farewell 1.

BTW, I can't find the dates on Ticketmaster.nl. I wonder when they'll show up?

Mrs Henley
12-02-2008, 05:20 PM
I really hope it for you guys all back there!

I hope tomorrow or Thursday.. and I hope that Livenation.nl will put them Friday on sale (sometimes they have a pre-sale at livenation)

Aaaaah I want tickets :fainted:

eaglesvet
12-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Ticky, they still have some time to fill between the end of Jan and the end of May...I've heard that time of year is very nice in the Siskiyou Mountains...we'll all keep our fingers and toes and anything else crossed!!

ochiba kid 1
12-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Has anybody heard they may do Glastonbury in the UK ( mud fest ) in what should be our summer ? I could not go mind, I would wait to see if they did some arena gigs, I hear they will tour other parts of the UK, not just London, ( gutted the O2 is a 20 min drive from my home ) also part of me would be disapointed if I did get to see them next year, ( I had front row seats at the O2, sooooooooooo lucky ) and could not think about being more than 12 feet from Henley & Frey, Glen sang Lying eyes to my wife, well he looked at her strangly for about 5 mins ? maybe trying to work her out ? he also looked into my eyes a bit there, I was uneasy about that bit, but they RULED that night, I will never forget, also if they do some 2009 gigs I will have more Guitar Picks to collect, I thought the Europe gigs were going to be announced in the new year ? great stuff though, after all these years, still all this speculationabout them, long may they RULE.

Cheers Gary:rockguitar::headbang:

Glennsallnighter
12-02-2008, 07:13 PM
STEPHANIE!!!!
DANIELLE!!!!

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!

PLEASE LET DUBLIN BE ON THAT LIST AS WELL!

You go girls, and ROCK:rockguitar::rockguitar::rockguitar:

sodascouts
12-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Oh my gosh Gary, you had front row at the O2?! Feel free to write a review for our review section - sounds very cool!

EagleLady
12-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Stephanie, Blow a Kiss to Glenn for me, and Danielle do the same to Don for me!

Freypower
12-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Has anybody heard they may do Glastonbury in the UK ( mud fest ) in what should be our summer ? I could not go mind, I would wait to see if they did some arena gigs, I hear they will tour other parts of the UK, not just London, ( gutted the O2 is a 20 min drive from my home ) also part of me would be disapointed if I did get to see them next year, ( I had front row seats at the O2, sooooooooooo lucky ) and could not think about being more than 12 feet from Henley & Frey, Glen sang Lying eyes to my wife, well he looked at her strangly for about 5 mins ? maybe trying to work her out ? he also looked into my eyes a bit there, I was uneasy about that bit, but they RULED that night, I will never forget, also if they do some 2009 gigs I will have more Guitar Picks to collect, I thought the Europe gigs were going to be announced in the new year ? great stuff though, after all these years, still all this speculationabout them, long may they RULE.

Cheers Gary:rockguitar::headbang:

You got the Frey Eye, Gary? Congrats to you! And your wife got the 'treatment' during Lyin' Eyes? I know what that's like because I had the classic ad lib 'she won't have to worry (much)' sung directly to me.

I am happy for you Europeans but spare a thought for the only Down Under representative on the board who will have to wait at least another year. I am sure, Rhonda, they will do the western US in your autumn (er - the 'fall') before they come here for our summer.

eaglesvet
12-03-2008, 12:05 AM
Stephanie and Danielle, or Fred,
I was just curious...the venue is listed as a stadiium. How big is it, do you know? Here in the US, a stadium concert means football stadium and holds 70,000 + people. The Eagles have been playing arenas of 8000-12,000 people (at least the ones I went to), which obviously is a lot nicer. Also, are the Eagles popular enough in the Netherlands that they are likely fo sell out? I can't believe how far in advance they are selling the tix! And I'm assuming most Netherlanders know English, correct? I'm just trying to picture the reverse...a rock band from the Netherlands, singing in their native tongue, announcing shows in the US 5 to 7 months in advance. Hard to imagine it happening in that fashion!

I know you all will have the times of your lives...enjoy!

AngieFrey
12-03-2008, 04:17 AM
Great news to read, as I have never seen them live before! I can't wait, let's hope I can get tickets!

Eaglesvet, the stadium in Arnhem in The Netherlands has aprox. 26.000 seats.

Mrs Henley
12-03-2008, 07:19 AM
I'm seeing now at eaglesband.com that the Europe dates are been removed.. :headshake::-(:cuss:

niklas
12-03-2008, 08:27 AM
Hi, I'm new and I'm italian.

I hope to be able to see them this summer, probably in Germany, because italian organisation is not so good. I can't wait to see the dates, come on, let them go on the website!!!:grooving:

sodascouts
12-03-2008, 08:41 AM
Welcome Niklas!

We will see if the dates are replaced, but even if they are not replaced now, I am sure the Eagles will go back to Europe sometime in the future!

Mrs Henley
12-03-2008, 09:18 AM
Welcome Niklaus!!

Yes me too, at Joe's site the dates are still showed :)

TimothyBFan
12-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Welcome Niklaus! Hopefully you won't be waiting to much longer to see them.

Why would the dates be on then suddenly be taken off? Strange!:roll:

AngieFrey
12-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Welcome Niklas, have a great time here on the border.

Strange about those tourdates, hopefully they will put them on again!

As I live in Deventer, Arnhem is a half hour drive, so not that far. I asked a friend to come along, but she says that she first want to see how expensive those tickets are before she decides to come with me. And as I don't have a car, I think I must look for a hotel in Arnhem, if she decides not to come.......:pray:

Ive always been a dreamer
12-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Welcome niclas. Glad you found us and enjoy it here on The Border. Even though we have quite a few European members here, I think you may be only one of a few Italian members. Hopefully, those missing European dates will reappear soon.

ticky
12-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Welcome Niklas! I hope you get to see them too!

I havent seen the dates removed from the JWFC yet, but who knows? If I hear anything, I'll post it. (I cant imagine this far out from those dates they'd already have a conflict)

eaglesvet
12-03-2008, 02:37 PM
They are probably rethinking their trek thru the Siskiyous to you and Cami...maybe they want to move it out of that questionable snowy early springtime season and into that drier early summertime--don't ya think so, Ticky?

ticky
12-03-2008, 02:51 PM
I think they're just playing with my emotions at this point...

12-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Well ticky - maybe Irving hasn't forgiven your past transgressions yet! :lol:

ticky
12-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Maybe a nice gift basket.. some mini muffins... I can offer him my body.. but thats more of a threat then a promise these days..

IRVING!!!! If you're listening.. err.. reading this.. IM SORRY!! get over the past and lets move on!! (you know I love you.. it was all just jealousy! I was a small petty person but I've moved on. You are a God! I am a peon.. Stop messin wit mah HEART, baby!)

Wildthyme
12-03-2008, 03:47 PM
They are probably rethinking their trek thru the Siskiyous to you and Cami...maybe they want to move it out of that questionable snowy early springtime season and into that drier early summertime--don't ya think so, Ticky?

Heck, if I am willing to take on the Siskiyou's in February to go south to Pebble Beach if Glenn plays there this year then a little snow is not going to stop me if it means making it to an Eagles concert somewhere on the west coast (and besides I would bring Rhonda to help me dig the car out of any snow banks). So bring it on Boys!!

Mrs Henley
12-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Ticky, I will make a huge sign for the guys and write: "JUST GO TO THE WESTERN USA! Do it for us!" :lol:

No I would wave to Joe from you!

ED: Hey, I'm Stuck On The Border :mrgreen:

Stephanie
12-05-2008, 02:23 AM
Just announced today the Eagles are coming to Ireland they will play the Odyssey Arena on June 30, 2009 in Belfast.

June 30, 2009 - Odyssey Arena - Belfast, Ireland (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/music/news/the-eagles-set-for-belfast-date-14095260.html)

Tickets go on sale December 11th.

sodascouts
12-05-2008, 02:42 AM
Wait 'til GA sees this!

Thanks for the news, Stephanie!

sodascouts
12-05-2008, 02:53 AM
Even MORE European dates including more in Ireland!

May 30, 2009 - Aarhus Stadium - Aarhus, Denmark
Public On Sale: 12/11

June 13, 2009 - Datchforum - Milan, Italy
Public On Sale: 12/6

June 28, 2009 - Pearse Stadium - Galway, Ireland

June 30, 2009 - Odyssey Arena - Belfast, Ireland

July 2, 2009 - RDS Arena - Dublin, Ireland

JoeFan
12-05-2008, 03:53 AM
Brilliant!

Mrs Henley
12-05-2008, 04:28 AM
Amazing! Only at eaglesband.com aren't they showed and Malmo is even not at sale today.. Strange..

Wildthyme
12-05-2008, 05:25 AM
Amazing! Only at eaglesband.com aren't they showed and Malmo is even not at sale today.. Strange..

I see them all listed on eaglesband.com now, including Malmo. Maybe they did an update...?

Mrs Henley
12-05-2008, 06:27 AM
Arnhem isn't showed now :(

Wildthyme
12-05-2008, 06:43 AM
Maybe its not listed there because Arnhem isn't until late July? Keep your fingers crossed :pray:

TimothyBFan
12-05-2008, 08:02 AM
We will be able to hear GA yelling all the way over here when she reads those dates!! How exciting for everyone!!

Mrs Henley
12-05-2008, 08:06 AM
Maybe its not listed there because Arnhem isn't until late July? Keep your fingers crossed :pray:

I hope so!

TBF - I believe she's yelling now!

sodascouts
12-05-2008, 08:32 AM
There's a world ticket site that has Arnhem listed:

http://www.worldticketshop.com/concerts/eagles_tickets/38367_eagles_arnhem

Mrs Henley
12-05-2008, 08:49 AM
I know, Onlinetickets.nl and a couple of others got them also..
Mojo (Livenation) said that you don't buy tickets at those sites but at livenation or ticketmaster..

AAAAHH if someone of those ticket companies just replied on my email..

EDIT: Arnhem is also removed from Joe's website.

Glennsallnighter
12-05-2008, 09:12 AM
July 2, 2009 - RDS Arena - Dublin, Ireland

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yay::yay::yay::blueblob::blueblob::yay::yay::yay:

WAIT till Laura gets in from school for this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs Henley
12-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Yeah Lisa! :)

Mrs Henley
12-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Update about Arnhem:
A friend mailed the JWFC with the question when tickets will go on sale for Arnhem and they said:

Sale date isn't untill 12/13

AMEN! :bow:

ochiba kid 1
12-05-2008, 11:00 AM
If their going to the Emerald isle, then they must come back to the UK, oh yeah bring them back

Gary:grouphug::grouphug:

sodascouts
12-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Does anyone know whether Malmo Stadium is the same as Malmo Arena? I can find Malmo Arena online but not Malmo Stadium.

Mrs Henley
12-05-2008, 01:40 PM
I think they are.

sodascouts
12-05-2008, 02:25 PM
No, just found out they are listed separately on a Malmo tourism site. The Stadium is the old venue and the Arena is the new one.

TimothyBFan
12-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Just got this on google alert

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/music/news/the-eagles-set-for-belfast-date-14095260.html

Mrs Henley
12-05-2008, 02:44 PM
No, just found out they are listed separately on a Malmo tourism site. The Stadium is the old venue and the Arena is the new one.

OK, thanks Soda!

TBF - thanks for the article! I found one for Malmo, only that's in Swedish, so non of us can understand, lol.

Claire
12-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi everyone!
I've been through hard times last months, that's why I was off... But I'm back! I missed you all! Things have changed around here: the border has evolved and there are many new members that I don't know yet! That's great :-)!
An European tour, that was all I needed! I'm going to try to attend to the Milan concert, as I live just next to Italy! I wonder if they will announce a date for Paris? I would better start to save up money right now ;)
It's good to be back!

12-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Welcome back, Claire. It's funny but I was thinking about you just this week when I saw your name as I was scrolling the member list. Glad you are doing better. I agree that getting the news that the guys are coming to play somewhere close to you is very good medicine. Again, good to have you back.

sodascouts
12-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Welcome back Clarie! I'm sorry to hear about your hard times. I hope you feel better now, and have a wonderful time at the Milan show! Maybe they will play France, too.

Glennsallnighter
12-06-2008, 02:06 PM
If their going to the Emerald isle, then they must come back to the UK, oh yeah bring them back

Gary:grouphug::grouphug:

To be honest Gary, I couldn't see them doing a European tour without at least SOME UK dates.

I've been checking ILAA but there are no prices and they are not commiting to any seats in the first 10 or 20 rows for any of the gigs. I don't know whether to book Ticketmaster or wait. There are no prices on Ticketmaster either. I'm tempted to buy whats available on TM anyway and work from there. I want to get as close as I possibly can to Glenn :heart:

:pace::pace::pace:
Suggestions??

12-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Suggestions??

Yes, GA ...

Patience, grasshopper, Patience!!! :D :wink:

If you are insistent on getting something in the first five rows, and you have the money, then go 5-star ILAA. However, better tickets almost always become available after ILAA sales close through Ticketmaster. Or you can immediately begin an Internet search through brokers or eBay for the perfect tickets.

Bottom line - figure out where you want to sit, and how much you can spend, and then go for it! You'll do just fine, I'm sure.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Troubadour
12-06-2008, 09:30 PM
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! I nearly flipped when I saw the Dublin date earlier. I am going to be a complete mess for the next eight months. Lisa - how exciting! :yay:

Glennsallnighter
12-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Thanks Dreamer, And YES Troub, I am just sooooooo excited.

Claire
12-07-2008, 07:27 AM
Thanks Dreamer and Soda! Things are going a bit better for me now.
I've just had a look at ticket prices for the Milan show, and it is more expensive than the London show I went to... They are also selling standing tickets. Isn't it quite unusual at Eagles shows? I wonder if it's worth it as I don't know where the best seats are located :hmm: .

sodascouts
12-07-2008, 04:24 PM
They don't usually do that in America for larger venues, but smaller venues sometimes do. I suggest calling the venue and asking them about what are the "best" tickets.

TimothyBFan
12-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Hey GA-- How did Laura react when you told her about them coming? I bet she was one happy young lady. Be sure she give Timmy a wave for me!!!!:thumbsup:

Brooke
12-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Exciting news for all of you Europeans! Best of luck getting great tickets! :yay:

eaglesvet
12-07-2008, 05:52 PM
That would be so cool to see the Eagles in Milan or Paris--what a dream trip that would be!! Not happening for me, but at least it's a nice fantasy!

Peekaboo
12-07-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm so excited for all of you in Europe!!! Trust me, you do not want to miss seeing the guys on this tour. They are absolutely amazing!!

Mrs Henley
12-08-2008, 06:13 AM
ARNHEM IS OFFICIAL! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH :heart:

Oh Goooosssh can't wait to see Don again!

Stephanie
12-08-2008, 06:28 AM
For all you Dutchies,

LiveNation.nl announced today that the Eagles will play the Gelredome in Arnhem at July 18th.

The Pre-Sale starts this Thursday at 5 pm local time till Friday 5pm @ LiveNation.nl (http://www.livenation.nl/artist/getArtist/artistId/9938/).

I'm so excited! :yay:

Mrs Henley
12-08-2008, 06:29 AM
We're going for the pre sale or not Stephanie? :angel:

fred
12-08-2008, 03:05 PM
We're going for the pre sale or not Stephanie? :angel:

Yes, I hope that we get some tickets.:partytime:

ticky
12-09-2008, 12:54 PM
*sigh*

June 1, 2009 - Koengen - Bergen, Norway

July 4, 2009 - Hampden Park - Glasgow, Scotland
Public On Sale: 12/12

July 7, 2009 - NIA - Birmingham, England

July 8, 2009 - NIA - Birmingham, England

July 11, 2009 - MEN - Manchester, England

July 12, 2009 - MEN - Manchester, England

YEA for all ya'll across the sea!
:brickwall: ..for me ..ssokay.. I'll survive..

Troubadour
12-09-2008, 01:11 PM
OMG, Birmingham and Manchester!! I actually feel a bit sick! I can't believe this is all official after so long of hoping they'd come back :heart:

TimothyBFan
12-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Just found this...

http://www.expressandstar.com/2008/12/09/eagles-taking-wing-to-the-nia/

Glennsallnighter
12-09-2008, 07:08 PM
I know PM--I was telling Larry the same thing last night and told him they were also coming to Columbus OH. He didn't say yay or nay, just looked at me like "not again!" :hilarious: Poor man! He probably is thinking I'm going to start traveling with the band! I guess I will wait and see. I'm still holding out for at least 1 Indiana show.

I got the same look today when the word 'Belfast' sneaked into conversation earlier today!!

Glennsallnighter
12-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Yes, GA ...

Patience, grasshopper, Patience!!! :D :wink:

If you are insistent on getting something in the first five rows, and you have the money, then go 5-star ILAA. However, better tickets almost always become available after ILAA sales close through Ticketmaster. Or you can immediately begin an Internet search through brokers or eBay for the perfect tickets.

Bottom line - figure out where you want to sit, and how much you can spend, and then go for it! You'll do just fine, I'm sure.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Well the ILAA 5* tickets are going for $595 and no way as a family could we afford that for everybody. However the 4*s are going for $395.(€320 ish) When you consider that the Ticket master ones are about €133 + handling fee of €5.95 + booking fee of €2.95 its a lot more reasonable. I might go for the 4 of us in Dublin at that price and maybe take Laura to one of the other gigs on the 5*. 5* gets you stand in Belfast and pitch seating in Galway. I'm not sure which would be better.

Glennsallnighter
12-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Hey GA-- How did Laura react when you told her about them coming? I bet she was one happy young lady. Be sure she give Timmy a wave for me!!!!:thumbsup:

Quote Laura (After going ballistic on hearing the news)

Mummy, can we get seats in the 2nd row. I want Timmy to wave to me again.

:roll:

oh BTW I want Glenn :heart: to see me again too!!

sodascouts
12-10-2008, 02:55 AM
and more....

June 4, 2009 - Hartwell Arena - Helsinki, Finland
Public On Sale: 12/17

June 7, 2009 - 02 Arena - Berlin, Germany

June 8, 2009 - 02 Arena - Prague, Czech Republic

June 10, 2009 - Stadthalle - Vienna, Austria

June 12, 2009 - Hallenstadion Zurich - Zurich, Switzerland

June 15, 2009 - Olympiahalle - Munich, Germany

June 17, 2009 - Laness Arena - Cologne, Germany

June 18, 2009 - Sport Palace - Antwerp, Belgium

July 16, 2009 - Colorline Arena - Hamburg, Germany

Mrs Henley
12-10-2008, 04:22 AM
Wooooowww we have a lot of cities to go, lol

ochiba kid 1
12-10-2008, 05:14 AM
Has anybody been lucky enoughto get any presale tickets ? I normally get the livenation email for every gig that I hate and this one no email, no password for presale ? if anyone has any luck lets us know, nobody will in any way shape or form have green eyes, well maybe I will

Gary:brickwall:

Mrs Henley
12-10-2008, 05:16 AM
Pre sale for Arnhem is tomorrow.
maybe check livenation ;)

Troubadour
12-10-2008, 05:20 AM
Ticketmaster is doing a presale Gary - Live Nation directed me there.

I've just bought two tickets for 10th row Birmingham!! Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh. Block A (Tim's side.) I am now freaking out completely. I was in a quandry over what to do about buying tickets - whether to wait - but I just couldn't pass these tickets up. I've never seen the Eagles before and I wanted to KNOW that I was definitely going to a show. 10th row, for my first try, is fantastic. It also leaves me free to play the waiting game with other shows and try my luck for even better seats as the dates approach.

I am on Cloud 9!

ochiba kid 1
12-10-2008, 05:40 AM
I just sussed the live nation, I logged onto it and the best I could get was row 4 Tims side, to far for me to travel for that, I am not a snob, I just need my own bed ( 8 Spinal operatons ) so I will hopefully await the O2, 20 mins drive for me, or I may br crying if they do not come back to London, could have also got row 3 on tims side in Scotland, back to try again, congrats on your tickets

Gary:thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
12-10-2008, 08:45 AM
Lou---give Tim a wave for me please!!!

Gary-to bad you can't make those trips--those are fabulous seats-especially on that side of the stage:thumbsup:.

Troubadour
12-10-2008, 08:59 AM
Of course, Willie. Once I take my eyes off Don and lift my jaw from the floor, it'll be first on my list!

ochiba kid 1
12-10-2008, 09:16 AM
Doh!!! Doh!!! Doh!!!

maybe if they do not come near, I will have togo far ??

Gary

niklas
12-10-2008, 09:20 AM
>Ticketmaster sucks: last march I planned to go to London, but, with pre sales, sponsors' sales and other, when general sale begun there was no good tickets to buy.

And the marketplace sold two tickets for 500 £, like now, I see.

In germany I went in Munich buyin' tickets at www.getgo.de (http://www.getgo.de), in this website you can select the single seat with your mouse... fantastic!

I'm waiting for it, but I guess, if sales begins on 12/12, why there's no official announcement about Munich?

eaglesvet
12-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Hey Lou, 10th row is where I was when I saw them in Worcester, Mass...and you will love it! In Hershey, PA, Stars and I were in heaven in row 7...so Gary, I hope you can get something as close to the stage when O2 goes on sale! I'm curious if either one of you can translate the ticket price into US dollars? Just for comparison's sake....An extremely fleeting remote thought has come into my head that if they announce a date in Poland, I do owe my aging non-Eagles fan father a visit. But a lot would depend on how far his town is from any venue they might play at.

12-10-2008, 10:54 AM
troub - That is fantastic that you were able to get 10th row seats, especially since it is your first Eagles concert. One thing is for sure, you scored a lot better seat at your first show than I did. I was in the upper level about 3/4 of the way back in the arena, but it didn't matter because I was still very excited. I still remember the anticipation leading up to the show, so I know exactly how you must be feeling. I'm so happy for you, and it'll be worth the wait - trust me! :D

sodascouts
12-10-2008, 11:49 AM
I'm waiting for it, but I guess, if sales begins on 12/12, why there's no official announcement about Munich?

I wonder about this too! But the announcement was made by JoeWalsh.com (http://www.joewalsh.com).

sodascouts
12-10-2008, 12:33 PM
I can't find any information on Cologne's Laness Arena. Does anyone know if they have an official site?

TimothyBFan
12-10-2008, 04:09 PM
This article has a little more info regarding ticket prices and how to get.

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/entertainment-chester/news-reviews/2008/12/10/eagles-to-return-to-manchester-in-july-59067-22445800/

JoeFan
12-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Surely they will play London too? I'm so excited!

EasyFeeling
12-11-2008, 09:12 AM
Hi ladies :cool:

I'm so excited, I can tell you... Soda sent me a PM today and I got a message from our ticketcenter that they come back to Germany :partytime::partytime::partytime: OMG, I couldn't believe that. I called my mom, she almost fell off chair :rofl:

I ordered the tickets one hour ago and I got 4th row !!!!! On Timmy's side. Wow, 1 ticket for 160 Euros :shock:

I know I haven't been here for a long time and I miss you all. Thomas keeps me busy all the time :oops:But from next Monday on I have Christmas holidays for 3 weeks and will pop in here.

TimothyBFan
12-11-2008, 09:34 AM
I ordered the tickets one hour ago and I got 4th row !!!!! On Timmy's side. Wow, 1 ticket for 160 Euros :shock: .

Timothy's side again--they sure are selling that side heavily! I was in 4th row, that side in Cincinnati and I will never get seats anywhere else ever again--The view was unbelievable (I don't think any of the other guys showed up that night:)). Worth every dollar or Euro!!!!

EasyFeeling
12-11-2008, 10:48 AM
I asked my mom which side she wants to sit... Timothy or Joe. She said Timothy :) I wanted to sit in the middle to see Glenn but no chance. Seems we have too many Glenn fans here. :hmm:

Mrs Henley
12-11-2008, 11:16 AM
EF - where you're going? Berlin?

Todaaayyy pre sale Arnhem! :mrgreen:

EasyFeeling
12-11-2008, 04:12 PM
No, I'm going to Hamburg. It's only 100 km away from my hometown.

Mrs Henley
12-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Ah cool! I was thinking also to go to Hamburg, but I'm broke now, so :cry:

EasyFeeling
12-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Awwwwwwww, too bad :sad: Would be great to see you there.

Mrs Henley
12-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Yeah! What about a trip to Arnhem? :lol: I've got 8 tickets or something o.O'

EasyFeeling
12-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Oh, don't tell me that :shock: Which row? 8) :lol:

Mrs Henley
12-11-2008, 04:44 PM
IF I got all those tickets (I don't know what to do with all those..had a little fight with livenation) that are standing places.

Stephanie
12-11-2008, 04:56 PM
I've got tickets! :-D Two minutes after the pre sale started I had already tickets! And my mom also decided to go, I thought: NO! But it would be fun! We've got standing places and my mom got seating.

I`m so excited!!!!!

TimothyBFan
12-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Out of curiosity--what is the standing places? Where are they and how much were they? I don't recall the Eagles doing that before.

Mrs Henley
12-11-2008, 05:11 PM
Out of curiosity--what is the standing places? Where are they and how much were they? I don't recall the Eagles doing that before.

Floor places, usual there are seats, but in the Netherlands they are doing standing places. They are 82,50 EURO. And if you're lucky you can stand in the front of stage.

tbs fanatic
12-11-2008, 06:08 PM
WOW!

niklas
12-12-2008, 03:58 AM
What a bad surprise, Munich went on sale yesterday, not today. I guess why the say 12/12, then sell tickets by 12/11...

But I had a ticketalarm, so I tried to buy the tickets, but immediatly I saw the best row unavailable. Probably they'll sell the best places with a Premium Package (like Berlin).

But a premium seat is more the 200 €, for you US friends i think it's almost 260 $... a bit expensive.

I'll try to check more times, but I'm not so confident, I'm afraid I'll go in Milan, standing place...

And it's a mess! It's not comfortable, and the most expenive ticket in Milan are very far from the stage, or extremely lateral...:worried:

But I can't miss this concert, Waiting in the Weeds, LROE, How Long, Somebody, BBF... fantastic songs!

EasyFeeling
12-12-2008, 04:21 AM
Floor places, usual there are seats, but in the Netherlands they are doing standing places. They are 82,50 EURO. And if you're lucky you can stand in the front of stage.

Wow, standing in the front of stage for 82,50, that would be not bad. But I prefer seats, I don't want to go there hours before and wait in line.

Mrs Henley
12-12-2008, 04:53 AM
No indeed, we were also pleased.
Haha, someone said that it would be possible that there will be coming seats on the floor :lol:

sodascouts
12-12-2008, 12:55 PM
July 21, 2009: Madrid, Spain
Sports Palace
Public On Sale: 12/18

July 22, 2009: Lisbon, Portugal
Pavilhao Atlantico

Tessa
12-12-2008, 02:00 PM
They'll play in Vienna on June 10. YEAH :partytime:
But I couldn't figure out where to buy the tickets.
The Stadthalle, where they'll play, told me "not here". Hmm??

That'll be a interessting weekend for me, finding out where to get tickets.

sodascouts
12-12-2008, 02:13 PM
Tessa, I found this on the venue site:

http://www.stadthalle.com/section/events/id/3698

You can order tickets online from there.

Tessa
12-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Thanks, I know this site and I had them on the phone tonight.

They told me that it is not possible to purchase tickets there.
And now the concert date isn't on that site anymore.

sodascouts
12-12-2008, 07:13 PM
How strange! I hope the show is not canceled!

Claire
12-13-2008, 02:16 PM
What a bad surprise, Munich went on sale yesterday, not today. I guess why the say 12/12, then sell tickets by 12/11...

But I had a ticketalarm, so I tried to buy the tickets, but immediatly I saw the best row unavailable. Probably they'll sell the best places with a Premium Package (like Berlin).

But a premium seat is more the 200 €, for you US friends i think it's almost 260 $... a bit expensive.

I'll try to check more times, but I'm not so confident, I'm afraid I'll go in Milan, standing place...

And it's a mess! It's not comfortable, and the most expenive ticket in Milan are very far from the stage, or extremely lateral...:worried:

But I can't miss this concert, Waiting in the Weeds, LROE, How Long, Somebody, BBF... fantastic songs!

Hi Niklas!
I'm also purchasing tickets for the Milan date. You seem to be well informed about it, have you found a plan of the seating location anywhere?

sodascouts
12-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Thanks, I know this site and I had them on the phone tonight.

They told me that it is not possible to purchase tickets there.
And now the concert date isn't on that site anymore.

The date is back up on the venue site. Any luck getting tickets, Tessa?

Freypower
12-14-2008, 06:42 PM
I've noticed a couple of 'firsts' in the itinerary. I believe Prague and Lisbon are 'firsts' for them, and they are returning to Helsinki for the first time since 2001.

Actually, Madrid may be a first too. The last time they were in Spain I think they only played Barcelona.

Mrs Henley
12-15-2008, 04:13 AM
Yep, the last time they played indeed in Barcelona.

Tessa, did you already ordered tickets?
Vienna is back on the site.

Try this one:
http://www.stadthalle.com/section/events/id/3698

I'm at the part that I can put them to my shopping chart.

Glennsallnighter
12-15-2008, 09:09 AM
I was away for the weekend in Budapest. But before I went I booked 4 seats for Dublin ILAA 4* for all the family. Obviously I don't know where we'll be but in the first 20 rows.....

AND I booked seats for Laura and myself 5* ILAA for Belfast :yay: :yay: :yay:
(Hubby doesn't know about those ones yet!!). We are seated in of the tiers of seating as there is only standing room in the pit and you have to be 16 to stand. I'm hoping they are good seats, but ILAA should provide good seats.

My savings have been FLATTENED!!

niklas
12-16-2008, 02:28 AM
Hi Niklas!
I'm also purchasing tickets for the Milan date. You seem to be well informed about it, have you found a plan of the seating location anywhere?

Hi Claire, You can only order tickets in www.ticketone.it (http://www.ticketone.it), there's an algorithm that give you the best places available, but also an option Acquista tramite "Scelta in Pianta" that gives you this opportunity.

I remind you that on the floor there are only standing places, no seats, on the second 'ring' there are seats but not numbered. Only the first 'ring' gives you the possibility to buy 'your' seats

Bye

tbs fanatic
12-16-2008, 10:42 AM
Wow GA - 6 ILAA tickets total - I'm impressed :nod:

12-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Well - okay GA - so now you're busted. But, you are going to see the guys twice right in your back yard. Now - hmmm - let me see, will it be worth it??? :shrug: :shrug:

Brooke
12-16-2008, 11:51 AM
Wow Ga! You go girl! :spin:

eaglesvet
12-16-2008, 12:57 PM
I've noticed a couple of 'firsts' in the itinerary. I believe Prague and Lisbon are 'firsts' for them, and they are returning to Helsinki for the first time since 2001.

Actually, Madrid may be a first too. The last time they were in Spain I think they only played Barcelona.
How cool and exciting to be playing in all of these exotic places. I hope that their families will be along to enjoy the sights.

fred
12-16-2008, 01:58 PM
I´M Happy ,I got two tickets for the first rang in Arnhem.
I can´t wait to see the Eagels for the first time in my live.
Only 7 months waiting, Hmmmmm.:band:

tbs fanatic
12-16-2008, 02:31 PM
LOL - It will be worth the wait Fred. I saw them live for the first time in my life a few months ago. Just hang in there :grooving:.

TimothyBFan
12-16-2008, 02:54 PM
A couple new European dates.

http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article.html?Eagles_extending_Long_Road_tour&in_article_id=447486&in_page_id=7&in_a_source=

EasyFeeling
12-18-2008, 06:20 AM
My tickets arrived yesterday. :partytime: I still can't believe I've got 4th row :)

Glennsallnighter
12-18-2008, 07:48 AM
Well - okay GA - so now you're busted. But, you are going to see the guys twice right in your back yard. Now - hmmm - let me see, will it be worth it??? :shrug: :shrug:

You BET!!!!:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

And if work goes well I havent ruled out Galway

Brooke
12-18-2008, 12:15 PM
My tickets arrived yesterday. :partytime: I still can't believe I've got 4th row :)

Wow, EF! That is great! :yay:

12-18-2008, 12:42 PM
OMG - That is wonderful, EF. And GA - I know I don't have to tell you this, but take in as many shows as you can. I've got a feeling that after I see the guys at Hampton in January, it will be a long, dry spell before I get to see them again. I know - I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. :wink:

tbs fanatic
12-18-2008, 02:50 PM
A couple new European dates.

http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article.html?Eagles_extending_Long_Road_tour&in_article_id=447486&in_page_id=7&in_a_source=

Eagles extending Long Road tour

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/pa/2008/12/pa447486_175x175.jpg
Eagles have announced two more UK dates

Eagles have added extra UK dates to their Long Road Out Of Eden World Tour.

The Grammy Award-winning band have added two extra shows to their tour due to overwhelming public demand, both at the Birmingham NIA on July 8 and Manchester's MEN on July 12.
These are in addition to the Eagles shows at Glasgow's Hampden Park Stadium, Birmingham NIA Arena and Manchester MEN Arena on July 4, July 7 and July 11 respectively.

The award winning country rockers - Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Joe Walsh and Timothy B Schmit - will be performing a wide range of material from past and present.
As well as tracks from their new No 1 album Long Road Out Of Eden such as How Long and Busy Being Fabulous, Eagles will perform classic hits including Hotel California, Desperado, Take It To The Limit, Life In The Fast Lane and Take It Easy.
Tickets for the extra shows went on sale on Tuesday December 16 at 9am and are available from www.livenation.co.uk (http://www.livenation.co.uk)

Mmmm - I think it's time for a visit home :nod:.

Troubadour
12-18-2008, 06:38 PM
EF, fourth row! Wow! Congratulations on getting such great seats. It goes without saying that you'll have a fantastic time.

GA, I know I've said this before, but this is so flippin' exciting! Your tickets sound great. I know you and Laura will have an awesome time. I have 10th row Birmingham tickets, which I'm thrilled with, but I'm holding out for any more possible dates (IE: London!) A second trip to beautiful Galway does sound VERY appealing though... :nod:

Glennsallnighter
12-18-2008, 07:18 PM
Galway is great but for me I had to base my 2nd show on when hubby would be off (to mind Chris!!). However I haven't yet ruled it completely out!!

Now if you were doing Galway as well............

EasyFeeling
12-20-2008, 08:09 AM
Yes, I'm soooooooooooo looking forward to next July. Three days after my birthday, what a present :)

Could someone please tell me where I can find a setlist? I have no idea what songs they will perform.

sodascouts
12-20-2008, 11:40 AM
Here's a setlist:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1211

I wonder if anything will change for the European dates.

EasyFeeling
12-20-2008, 07:03 PM
Thanks Soda :)

Ok, all songs which I want to hear are included. I was afraid they would drop TIE or OOTN. I wonder if they do the same set list in Europe.

12-21-2008, 12:02 AM
Well EF - If they are going to make any changes next year, they very well could do it when they hit Europe. It would make sense to change things around a bit at that point since they began the LROOE tour in Europe.

Freypower
12-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Thanks Soda :)

Ok, all songs which I want to hear are included. I was afraid they would drop TIE or OOTN. I wonder if they do the same set list in Europe.

They will never drop either of those songs. If TIE were to be dropped that would be an utter travesty. We have already lost NKIT, TS and AG. Really.

I think it would be nice if some changes were made, and more new songs were included. I think Tim should do Do Something and Joe should do LGTIT, while Don should do either FGOTBP or BAU. As for Glenn I don't think it would hurt him to include YANA or IYWN, as I've given up on WDIDWMH ever being performed.

Sadly, though, I don't believe any of the above will occur and the setlist wil remain as it is.

EasyFeeling
12-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Oooooh, I totally forgot NKIT and TS :stunned: :weep:And you're right... I would also love to hear LGTIT from Joe, it's one of my favorite songs on that album.
Too many songs for only one concert. :shrug:

Prettymaid
12-22-2008, 06:01 PM
Oooooh, I totally forgot NKIT and TS :stunned: :weep:And you're right... I would also love to hear LGTIT from Joe, it's one of my favorite songs on that album.
Too many songs for only one concert. :shrug:

I would love for Joe to start doing LGTIT. He can do it instead of GOTC as far as I'm concerned!

12-22-2008, 06:19 PM
I totally agree about LGTIT. I would also love to see Tim replace IDWTHA with Do Something. That would make me very happy! :nod: :nod:

Freypower
12-22-2008, 06:52 PM
It is interesting that there is some consensus on LGTIT and DS. Both of these in my opinion are far superior songs to the ones Joe and Tim are doing, and they were written by the band as well!

Wouldn't it be great if we had a sequence of Centre Of The Universe followed by It's Your World Now? They could do those two together, near the end of the first set. That would make me happy, anyway.

TimothyBFan
12-22-2008, 06:57 PM
I agree Dreamer- I would rather see Timothy do Do Something.;-)

Glennsallnighter
12-22-2008, 07:38 PM
OMG - That is wonderful, EF. And GA - I know I don't have to tell you this, but take in as many shows as you can. I've got a feeling that after I see the guys at Hampton in January, it will be a long, dry spell before I get to see them again. I know - I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. :wink:

There's always Pebble Beach in February!!

Prettymaid
12-22-2008, 09:36 PM
It is interesting that there is some consensus on LGTIT and DS. Both of these in my opinion are far superior songs to the ones Joe and Tim are doing, and they were written by the band as well!

I'll bet they thought that GOTC was more appropriate for a live concert, and as far as I Don't Want to Hear Anymore, they probably decided that it showcases Timothy's voice more. However, IMO LGTIT would have gotten a much stronger response from the audience, and I don't particularly like Timothy's vocal on IDWTHA. What's that thing he does with some of the words called - waffling? I much prefer Do Something. And it is interesting, FP, that several of us feel the same about these two songs.

sodascouts
12-22-2008, 09:51 PM
I know I'm in the minority, but I believe GOTC plays far better live than LGTIT would. Nothing against the song, it's just that singing about how it's more fun to stay home is a bit incongruous with the spirit of going to a concert to hear music. ;) Plus GOTC is so rousing and peppy that it's great for keeping the energy up and picking up the pace after the slower ballads.

As for Do Something, I'm going to agree with the majority and say I'd rather hear this live than I Don't Want to Hear Any More.

Glennsallnighter
12-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Having seen the current set list it would certainly be nice to see a few deviations, but I wouldn't like to see any of the bigger hits go! I suppose what I'd really like would be some more inclusions and possibly the reintroduction of TS, NKIT and/or AG!! At the expense of NOTHING!! However, I suppose the boys are only human and can only do so much!!

EasyFeeling
12-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Ummm...seems I'm the only one who prefers IDWTHA :hmm: I fell in love with this song in this minute as I heard it. Yesterday I watched a few videos from their Rotterdam show in April and I loved to see Timmy doing this song. :nod:

TimothyBFan
12-23-2008, 02:05 PM
EF-Trust me, I really like IDWTHA also, I would love anything that Timothy sings. He could sing the alphabet and I would cherish every minute of it!;-)

TimothyBFan
01-06-2009, 03:10 PM
This one is about the Netherlands from what I can tell--maybe Danielle or someone else that speaks Dutch? can give us the gist of it?

http://www.nieuwsuitarnhem.nl/nieuwsbericht.asp?item=5983

Tessa
01-06-2009, 05:07 PM
De Eagles hebben wereldwijd meer dan 125 miljoen albums verkocht en behaalden in de Verenigde Staten vijf nummer 1 singles en vier Grammy Awards.
Wow :woah:

EasyFeeling
01-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Yes, wow ! I can understand a little bit, not every word but the context.

Tessa, you are from Austria? Dann kannst Du mich ja auch so verstehen. :grin:

TimothyBFan
01-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Love the pic here even tho I can't understand a word it says.

http://www.st.nu/noje/index.php?action=visa_artikel&id=790451&nav_section=2&nav_order=4&nav_part=2

Tessa
01-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Tessa, you are from Austria? Dann kannst Du mich ja auch so verstehen. :grin:
Huhu, ja klar versteh ich dich :)

And I understand (but don't speak it, because unfortunatelly I have my "own" grammar :eyebrow: ;)) Dutch, because my fiancé is from Belgium.

Prettymaid
01-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Love the pic here even tho I can't understand a word it says.

It looks like it says something about the Eagles being under a spell... :lol:

sodascouts
03-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Looks like they may add another UK date in late June: Ipswich Town's Portman Road!

This is according to the Evening Star
(http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/content/eveningstar/news/story.aspx?brand=ESTOnline&category=News&tBrand=ESTOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=IPED28%20Mar%202009%2007%3A29%3A57%3A550)

Troubadour
03-28-2009, 04:19 PM
Ooh! Exciting. One of my best friends lives in Ipswich...

I'm just waiting for them to (hopefully) release London dates.

Freypower
03-29-2009, 06:57 PM
I would have thought, if there were to be London dates, they would have been announced long since.

Ipswich is a surprise, though. That should make the East Anglians happy.

Glennsallnighter
03-30-2009, 07:36 AM
Time to get in touch with your friend Lou!!

Koala
04-02-2009, 08:01 AM
http://www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk/content/lowestoftjournal/news/story.aspx?brand=LOWOnline&category=NEWS&tBrand=lowonline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED02%20Apr%202009%2009%3A10%3A05%3A203

Eagles to soar in Suffolk....or not?

02 April 2009

A CONCERT by American supergroup Eagles has been thrown in doubt in a row over who pays for the repair of the Portman Road pitch.

Ipswich Town still hope to host the group on Saturday, June 20, but if talks break down completely it is unlikely the club will put on any summer gigs this year.

Ipswich Town owner Marcus Evans wants the promoters to pay for the resurfacing of the pitch which will inevitably be damaged by Eagles playing at the ground but they have refused, saying it was the club's responsibility.

Groundsman Alan Ferguson has encountered problems in the past trying to get the pitch ready for the early August kick off.

Town have not had concerts at Portman Road for a couple of summers, enabling Ferguson to get the pitch someway towards its former award-winning glory

It is understood that both parties are refusing to budge on the matter, although negotiations to put on the concert which would attract in excess of 20,000 fans are still ongoing.

A large number of Eagles fans have shown a big interest in booking tickets and the group, that includes Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Joe Walsh and Timothy J Schmidtt, and had planned to play in Ipswich in between gigs in Belgium and Galway as part of their European tour.

The six-time Grammy award-winners have enjoyed world-wide with such hits at Hotel California. Lying Eyes, Take it Easy and Desperado, and were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998.

------------------------------
Timothy J Schmidtt :brickwall:
they should know at least the right names of the members!