PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic City, NJ 7-28-06

Molly
07-29-2006, 03:43 PM
Just got home safe and sound. I'm unbelieveably tired, so this will be short.

I thought we had great seats in Orillia -but our seats last night were nearly perfect. 3rd row -my seat smack dab in front of Glenn!

We got to go up by the stage again after "You Belong to the City" for the last 4 or 5 songs. Again, thought I was close in Canada, but somehow last night, it was like the Red Sea parted and I found myself literally standing right at Glenn's feet. The stage was lower and I believe if I had wanted to (well, that's a fib, of course I wanted to) reach out and touch a shoe or pants leg, I think I could have. Incredible self control on my part, dontcha think?

Yup, purple jacket (lots of spit goobers on the lapel), striped white, purple, green button up shirt and jeans! Worn jeans! Two holes by the butt pockets, lots of fraying and wear in interesting locations (I told you, I was really really close up).

As good as the show was last Saturday, I think those of us there agreed, he took it up a few more notches last night. A lot of it had to do with a very energetic and fun crowd. Same set list as last week, but a lot more smiling especially with the rest of the band.

Karen Z had a Scottie moment, but I'll let her tell you all about that!

Oh, and yet another surprise appearance by Peter Schwetty!

I really liked the new blouse I bought to wear last night. It's a shame I can't wear it again, don't dare wash all that spit off of it!

Char took some spectacular picture! Can't wait to see them posted.

More details to follow when my brain shifts out of 1st gear.

sodascouts
07-29-2006, 04:43 PM
Thank you so much! I've been dying for details. Sounds like a great show. Holy crap, worn jeans, extra energy, stage rush... what more can one ask for?!

~
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/avatars/nancysigbanner.jpg

Witchy Mummy
07-29-2006, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the review! Great details and I can't wait for the photos!

glenneaglesfan
07-29-2006, 06:31 PM
I'm so excited to read this review that I'm doing it blatantly in front of husband! So close to Glenn's jeans...and who managed to see they were button flies http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/eek.gif . I do hope the photos turn out.

I had a Glenn moment tonight when they played someone else's version of 'I Hear You Knocking'. Husband has just bought an iPod and is busy loading up tracks. I had to show off that I had a version of that track already on my mp3 player!

~~~

This way to happiness...

Freypower
07-29-2006, 08:51 PM
I will defend those beautiful suits forever. I like the jeans too, but he looks so suave in a suit. That's just my opinion. Glad you all had a good time.

Molly
07-30-2006, 09:33 AM
Bree must have told you they jeans were button fly, Nancy. I forgot to mention that.

The stage seemed lower at AC so standing right in front of Glenn's mike stand, I was somewhat closer to being eye level with the ummm...the button fly. :b As I was standing there, it occurred to me to take a chest hair count, or a thread count on the worn areas of the jeans, but I did manage to peel my eyes away every now and then and look around. http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/nerd.gif

Glenn did the "front end adjustment" thing again during Desperado. Geez, he doesn't even try to hide it. After taking a poll of the men in my house, they defended him saying, when it needs adjusting it needs adjusting.

Luckily, I had the self composure to not burst into gales of laughter -unlike my three companions standing around me who squealed like little school girls. Thank goodness, at least one of us was mature! ;) I know I had a grin on my face, though!

Z
07-30-2006, 09:36 AM
Eh, m0lly, it was the grin on your face that made us laugh so hard! :D

-------------

Cause I'm livin' on things that excite me,
Be they pastries or lobsters or love;
I'm just tryin' to get by being quiet and shy,
In a world full of pushin' and shove.

Molly
07-30-2006, 09:54 AM
Oh great! I was afraid of that! See, that is why I do not play poker -I just can't hide it well!

:D

glenneaglesfan
07-30-2006, 04:38 PM
What is it about that song?!!

Oh, and I'm still grinning!

So am I! :twisted:

~~~

This way to happiness...

Ive always been a dreamer
07-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Okay ladies - I'll try to do a brain dump and see what else I can think to tell you about A/C. I'm warning you - my attention to detail sometimes sucks. I am more of a "big picture" kind of person. And trust me - from where we were standing it was a very "big picture." I knew it was going to be a great night when I saw Glenn standing in the shadows as he was being introduced and I spotted those J E A N S. One of my Prelude to Obsurity dreams had come true. However, I didn't even notice that they were button fly jeans. I guess I just assumed they were. I thought Glenn wears mostly button flies when performing these days (as security precaution you know). :twisted:

Glenn may not have been taking his Dammitall Friday night since he didn't mention it. I was thinking one of the side effects may be the need for frequent front-end adjustments since this time I saw it for myself. I'm still trying to get my left eyeball back in the socket and the smile may be permanently etched on my face.

Luckily, I had the self composure to not burst into gales of laughter -unlike my three companions standing around me who squealed like little school girls. Thank goodness, at least one of us was mature! ;) I know I had a grin on my face, though!

BTW - does anyone know who this person is posting under MOlly's screen name? We are going to have to keep a close watch on MOlly since she is in possession of the shirt with Glenn's DNA spit samples. I'm not aware that I got any spit on my shirt, but since I was standing right next to MOlly, maybe I should take it to the cloning lab for testing just to be on the safe side. http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/nerd.gif :lol: BTW - the smile on my face got even bigger when Glenn bent over and purposely gave us a butt shot. You all should have heard some of the noises from some women - not me, of course. He also 'modeled' to show us the lime green lining in the purple jacket.

As we posted on Eagleland, we got lots of attention from some of the band members, especially Jonathan and Danny. I think they may have recognized us after 3 shows of being right up front. And, of course, most of you probably already read about another missed opportunity when we did not realize that Scott was in the bar that we were in and we missed him! http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/mad.gif http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/eyes.gif

This is all I can think of right now. I'm sure PGW will be setting in soon, and I may think of some shallow things as the meds begin to kick in. ;) ;)

Oh - just one more thing - Glenn also sang some songs Friday night. :blush: http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/eek.gif

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...

sodascouts
07-30-2006, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the brain dump. Feel free to add anything if you think of it later. Didn't say the Dammital bit, huh? It was pretty funny! Anything new take its place or did we just breeze past it into the next song?

~
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/avatars/nancysigbanner.jpg

Freypower
07-31-2006, 12:21 AM
Cool x 1,000,000. Thanks everybody.http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/glasses.gif

PinkCoatGirl
07-31-2006, 02:39 AM
You know, I just thought of the Dammitall thing today! I have to go back through and read everything that has already been written...my attention to detail is great but I don't want to repeat anything already said!

Siiiiiggghhhhh...the button front jeans. I still can't believe I was actually close enough to pick up on that.... ;)

-----

~*Going to Hell in a Honda since July 20 2006!!!*~

My friend and I: "Nice coat Glenn!"
Joe Walsh, at next pause between songs: "Hey, nice coat, Glenn."
Glenn: "Thanks, thanks...yah, I picked this up at the..Liberace garage sale, glad you like it..." ;)

PinkCoatGirl
07-31-2006, 03:02 AM
Two holes by the butt pockets, lots of fraying and wear in interesting locations (I told you, I was really really close up).

SIIIIIIGGGHHHHH I noticed this too. I think those were the same jeans he was wearing when I met him at Mt Pleasant!!! Though being more eye level with, you know, his EYES, I couldn't really pick out the, ah, finer points of them until Atlantic City. ;) LOL, I was the one who told Nancy about the button fly, I left a long gushing message on her machine right after the show and I think that was one of the first things I said. ;)

And re: the giggling... HAHAHAHAHA! I'm sorry... Hey, if it makes you feel better, everyone else was at least QUIET. *I* was the one who audibly laughed between verses. LOL! It was just so obvious...and then I looked over and all the rest of you were grinning and giggling...and...!

This was a FANTASTIC show. He was obviously in a great mood, and so was the audience--this was similar to Mt Pleasant in that I heard some shouted requests for River of Dreams! Well, there was a lot of shouting anyhow, really, haha...at one point, Glenn said "You know, I really didn't intend on this being so much of an audience participation thing, but that seems to be what it's turning into"...to a deafening cheer from us participants. ;) He then said "Well, you do what you want, it's your dollar, people!" and shrugged. LOL!

Hmm...I'm still exhausted from my 48 hours of travelling...I recall snatches here and there, but nothing in order. When doing the pre-TITTL speech, he was talking about having been married for 16 years, and then said "Yah, things are going pretty good for me..." to a loud cheer...and then something like "And now I'm gonna screw it all up!" or something like that, LOL, maybe "Don't know how I'm gonna screw it all up" but 'I'm gonna screw it all up' was definitely the ending. If you care to screw it up, Sugar, well....okay, I won't go there. ;)

He didn't make the Dammitall comment this time and no, nothing took it's place...didn't say anything about Miami Vice either. I think he was trying to speed things up just a little bit through the middle of the show, YBTTC and SB ran right together, no Miami Vice comment or commentary on the return to Original SB Arrangement.

It took him awhile to get through the opener of "I'll Come Runnin' Back To You" because he chose this night to reveal that Eddie Hinton was Joe Walsh's roadie...and everytime he said "Joe Walsh" this HUGE cheer went up...so he would go back and repeat himself...and the cheer would go up again...and he just burst out laughing and said "God, these people will scream at anything!" to another deafening cheer... So he revised it next time around, "Anyway, A ROADIE..."...which only served to crack everyone up and then make everyone cheer again. ;) It was really cute, he was just smiling away.

At the end of Lyin' Eyes, I think, after he'd already done his "I'm not saying I'm quitting, but I can see the train at the end of the tunnel" (which doesn't make sense, by the way, what's with the train, where's the light?! LOL) thing...which got a resounding "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" from everyone by the way...some guy down front screamed "DON'T STOP, GLENN, YOU STILL GOT IT!!!" Glenn pointed at him and said "I still got it, yes, thank you!!!" Which you can only imagine what that did to us 'scream at anything' people. ;)

I couldn't believe there was a stagerush!!! That venue NEVER does stage rushes, EVER. I have a couple friends who went there to see Stevie Nicks last summer and Stevie does a thing at the end of every show where people are allowed to come forward and try to grab her hand, and she grabs as many as she can (including mine last summer in Detroit, eee!). Well, the Borgata stopped people from going...the first 3 rows managed to jump up there but they all got in trouble...they REALLY didn't like it and that is part of every show Stevie does. Meanwhile, it's not part of Glenn's shows, it's a Rama tradition but that's it...but there went everybody just wandering on up to the front!!! So during The Heat Is On, some girl from my section made her way down, so I and this intrepid girl from my row did as well, and she blazed a trail through everyone else and dropped me off RIGHT in front of Glenn. Once I stopped staring in awe, I looked to my right and saw M0lly, Kay and Karen over there too!!! Aaah! I still cannot believe it... M0lly, you are too right, I thought I was close at Rama on Friday as well...nonono. I was directly in front of the man himself, and the stage was definitely quite low....siiiiiiigh. Like I told her after, oh Miss Lucky Lady of the Spit-Laden Shirt, before that girl dropped me in front of Glenn I looked over and saw him spitting, haha, and was extremely jealous of whomever happened to be getting spit upon...then when I found out they were friendly, I was just happy for her. LOL!

We definitely did get tons of smiles...HAHAHA...I looked over at Will Hollis, the keyboardist at one point, and well, I don't know if I can tell this story, Nancy, if you'll allow me to tell everyone why he said this, I will, HAHA, but he grinned, mouthed "Elevator" and gave me a thumbs up. ;) Don't ask...we did something silly at Rama and clearly he was still amused by it. ;) I swear I did make eye contact with the Man himself at least once...he was looking RIGHT at all of us for quite awhile during Heartache Tonight. We were most definitely recognized and remembered. Trust me on this one.

Oh, there was more, I know there was more, but I can't recall right now...I'll be coming up with them for the next day or so as I come back down from Cloud 9 000 000, LOL, and I'll let you know as I remember more! ;)

-----

Glenn: "Thanks, thanks...yah, I picked this up at the..Liberace garage sale, glad you like it..." ;)

PinkCoatGirl
07-31-2006, 03:59 AM
Gah. I popped over to Livejournal for 2 seconds, and what happens, I remember something else... ;)

When Glenn was talking about the Eagles album... "We've been working on an album for quite awhile..." there was a HUUUUGE cheer. He laughed and said "What?! That's nothing to cheer about!!! If I said it was done and it was coming out, that'd be something to cheer about...and of course, then I wouldn't *be* here, but...geez..." ;) This was before "I Love To Watch A Woman Dance" and I think just after this he said his little "Okay, I can't talk to you now." LOL...so yah.

I think really, his repeated "Don't know when I'll be back here again" comments are more referring to the fact that he seems to want to actually get going on this album and get it out there...which I think he was sort of alluding to just a little bit with that "then I wouldn't be here" comment. I think he's doing these shows in the meantime, and once things start happening with that, he'll be fully focused on being in the studio and then doing whatever promo stuff and touring comes out of the new album. I don't think he means it as 'he won't be doing this again' type thing...I think that if the album is no closer to being done next summer, we could totally see this happening again. I'm not an optimist, just reading between the lines a little...I guess time will tell.

Alright, Bree, walk the dog and hit the sack before you pass out on your computer keyboard...

-----

PinkCoatGirl
07-31-2006, 04:13 AM
Something else I just remembered... Glenn kept referring to his solo albums as "Prelude to Obscurity 3", that sort of thing, not by name (like at the other shows where he said 'Some Kind of Blue' was from Soul Searchin').

Then when he was saying that if 'I Love To Watch A Woman Dance' wasn't on the Eagles album he'd have to put it on his next solo album, he said "I'll just have to make 'Prelude to Obscurity 4' and put it on there"...

1. No Fun Aloud

2. Allnighter

3. Soul Searchin'

4. Strange Weather

(5. Solo Collection)

Ummmm...honey...don't let us distract you, or anything, and don't look now...but this would actually be 5 or 6 depending on how you look at it... ;)

As well, unlike the other shows and last year's Rama show, he introduced The One You Love as being from "my first solo album No Fun Aloud" a la Dublin, NOT "which I should've called Prelude to Obscurity". I just like the way he says "Aloud" for some reason, I think it's cute...LOL, I dunno, I'm Canadian with a muddled Canadi-Midwester-Southerner accent, it's cute to me...so I was happy to hear that. ;)

Edit! LOL, it's all coming back to me (I remember conversations I had 20 years ago, it's stupid the things I remember)... At one point *very* early on, somebody copycatted me. And by this I mean...a guy I'd say close to the middle of the audience, on the far right, yelled "NICE JACKET GLENN!!" or something... Glenn stopped and went "It is a nice jacket, yes, thank you, and check out that lining!!" and opened it up to show off the lining, LOL!!!!! So there is now Pink Coat Girl and Purple Coat Guy, out there somewhere. ;)

Edit the Second! After this I ought to sleep, hehe, I was up for like 2 and a half days straight, then slept for 5 hours and got up again to work...at some point I'm just going to fall into a bed and stay there for a week... After Peaceful Easy Feelin', before the Lyin' Eyes intro, Glenn was drinking his ever-present Gatorade and said "Yes, this is the new representative of Gatorade here tonight, I'm leading the Gatorade ad campaign" or something similar...LOL, so I guess it occured to him the other night that he *should* be getting the promo contract for it, and now he's just deemed himself to have that title. ;)

Really, I should be in bed...

Gah...Edit the Third! LOLOL...I forgot to mention, I took 4 pictures...only one of which I expect to come out at all, but we'll see. Another thing that differed from what I heard of the Stevie Nicks Borgata show...*nobody* cared about taking photos. Wish I'd known that, I would've just stood up and really *tried* to take a good shot, but I finished off my film before it became obvious that security didn't give a crap! Ah well...I'll get the pics developed as soon as I can (probably Friday) and we'll see if I got anything.

Really, I'm sleeping now. Really.

-----

eaglesfans
07-31-2006, 06:36 AM
The Eagles album is coming out in February and then the Eagles plan a big US tour so Glenn's going to be busy with that for the next couple of summers, at least.

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>I think really, his repeated "Don't know when I'll be back here again" comments are more referring to the fact that he seems to want to actually get going on this album and get it out there...which I think he was sort of alluding to just a little bit with that "then I wouldn't be here" comment. I think he's doing these shows in the meantime, and once things start happening with that, he'll be fully focused on being in the studio and then doing whatever promo stuff and touring comes out of the new album. I don't think he means it as 'he won't be doing this again' type thing...I think that if the album is no closer to being done next summer, we could totally see this happening again. I'm not an optimist, just reading between the lines a little...I guess time will tell.<hr></blockquote>

</p>

glenneaglesfan
07-31-2006, 03:15 PM
Awesome, Lisa - is it really going to happen at last?

Thanks for all your comments, Bree.

It's all very exciting! http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/glasses.gif

~~~

This way to happiness...

PinkCoatGirl
07-31-2006, 03:15 PM
The Eagles album is coming out in February and then the Eagles plan a big US tour so Glenn's going to be busy with that for the next couple of summers, at least.

Works for me! :D

One more thing I forgot...we wouldn't let him alone with his "don't know when I'll be back here" thing...so he said "It doesn't mean... Oh okay, okay, then this is 'Prelude to Obscurity' for EVERYONE, then!" LOL. Poor guy, getting so much grief...but I think he knows now that nobody wants him to be obscure! :)

-----

Molly
07-31-2006, 03:30 PM
"Yah, things are going pretty good for me..." to a loud cheer...and then something like "And now I'm gonna screw it all up!" or something like that, LOL, maybe "Don't know how I'm gonna screw it all up" but 'I'm gonna screw it all up' was definitely the ending.

I'm pretty sure he said "and I don't want to screw it up" since he preceded it with such a sweet little golf analogy about Cindy.

glenneaglesfan
07-31-2006, 03:40 PM
That's nice!

~~~

This way to happiness...

eaglesfans
07-31-2006, 03:47 PM
It was Scott who said "sometime in February" for the album. I think they can finally move foward with it now that it looks like the Felder lawsuit has been settled.

</p>

sodascouts
07-31-2006, 04:44 PM
Oh man he mouthed "ELEVATOR"! Crap. Well, I've told this story to a few people already, but here it is in total:

OK, so some of you may have noticed I can get a bit hyper and dweeby. And I did this in grand style in the Rama elevator. See, we happened to get on the same elevator as Danny Grenier and Will Hollis. OK, so we all see them, and I meet Danny's eyes, and he smiles. Not sure how to respond, I went into "amped-up hyper Nancy" mode. My eyes got all wide and I started talking full-speed ahead. "Hey guys! Great show! I know I probably sound like a dweeb but really, great show!"

Oh, but it gets worse. There was a lady on the elevator who happened to be getting out on the 2nd floor. Lissa was in front of her. The doors opened and Lissa got out to let her out, and being the brilliant girl that I am, I figured it was our floor and I got out too. Then I saw the pool and realized it wasn't our floor. I yelled "WAIT! This isn't our floor!" and I turned around and saw Lissa staring at my display and again repeated loudly "This isn't our floor! This isn't our floor!" By now poor Danny and Will and whoever was in there with them started shaking their heads and grinning and laughing. Bree saw Lissa and I were out there and decided to just jump out and join us so we don't hold the elevator. "But we're on the wrong floor!" I tell her as she jumps out. Danny leans over to punch the button but someone - Bree? - says "We've held you up enough" and they let the doors close.

OH THE HUMILIATION. Take this lesson of what NOT to do people - not that anyone else would!

Later that night, when I got up front at the stage, Danny actually saw me and pointed and me and shook his head, smiling. I kind of shrugged then looked away. Oh yeah, I was memorable alright.

Bree - I think Will said something about the album coming out around Valentine's Day to someone in Atlantic City. Or maybe it was Scott? I have a terrible memory for these things, but someone posted it on Eagleland somewhere. Sounds like Glenn was just being jokingly pessimistic, lol. Edit: I see that question has already been answered! :)

~

glenneaglesfan
07-31-2006, 05:19 PM
Interesting news about the album - sounds like it might actually happen!

Nancy, your adventures in the elevator cracked me up - just the sort of thing that would happen to me!!

~~~

This way to happiness...

Z
07-31-2006, 06:01 PM
I couldn't believe there was a stagerush!!! That venue NEVER does stage rushes, EVER. ..... Meanwhile, it's not part of Glenn's shows, it's a Rama tradition but that's it

Going up to the stage has been a tradition at concerts for as long as I have been atttending them, which goes back to when some of you were still in diapers. :D

So during The Heat Is On, some girl from my section made her way down, so I and this intrepid girl from my row did as well, and she blazed a trail through everyone else and dropped me off RIGHT in front of Glenn. Once I stopped staring in awe, I looked to my right and saw M0lly, Kay and Karen over there too!!! Aaah! I still cannot believe it... M0lly, you are too right, I thought I was close at Rama on Friday as well...nonono. I was directly in front of the man himself, and the stage was definitely quite low....

Wow, I seem to recall M0llly be right in front of Glenn with Dreamer just to her right and I was against the stage between Glenn and Will. I also remember seeing you on the far left and one or two people back from the stage, which supports your comment about looking to the right and seeing us. Or maybe my attention to detail isn't what it used to be....

-------------

07-31-2006, 09:00 PM
We were actually told before the show began that they would be letting us up front after YBTTC so as soon as he started playing it, I was watching for the green light. As soon as I saw it, we made a go for it, which is how we got the 'prime' location directly in front of Glenn. I know the stage was a lot lower at the Borgata because in Rama there was one guy in front of me. He offered to let me stand in front of him right at the foot of the stage. However, I didn't want to because I would have had to look up too much. We had to look up a little in A/C, but not that much. BTW - it was quite a lovely sight as I recall. :D :D :D

~~~~~~

Freypower
07-31-2006, 10:26 PM
Thanks for all the stories. Such detail. :twisted:

PinkCoatGirl
08-01-2006, 01:48 AM
Wow, I seem to recall M0llly be right in front of Glenn with Dreamer just to her right and I was against the stage between Glenn and Will.

Yup...you're right on! I started off on the very far left, left even of Danny Grenier...but then Intrepid Blonde said "C'mon, we can do better!" and blazed us right through and I wound up directly behind and a little to the left of M0lly. I got there AFTER the spit, unfortunately. ;)

HAHAHAHA Nancy...yes, that was me who told them not to hold the elevator, and oh my God I almost died when Will did that at AC. ;) Danny leaned over to hit the 'door open' button and Will just looked at me questioningly, so I just smiled and shook my head and said "Don't worry, I already held you up once" (we got to the elevator after they were already in it and the doors were shut, and they re-opened when I hit the button). Then I said "See you tonight" and Will and Danny said "Bye, ladies!" LOL.

That DOES sound promising about the album!!! Score!

And M0lly, yah, I think that is what he said. I couldn't really hear, there were tons of drunk people in my section, so I sort of substituted it in my mind with something I'd say... "Things are going great so I'm sure I'll screw up somehow!" :) He was so sweet with that though...

What he said preceding that was "So I took a marriage mulligan, and just so you all know, I hit it straight down the center the second time around..." And then was talking about how she is Mrs Right, etcetera. So sweet. :)

-----

PinkCoatGirl
08-01-2006, 01:54 AM
We were actually told before the show began that they would be letting us up front after YBTTC

Gah...wow, my bad luck with security just follows me around! LOL, I asked if they'd let us forward, even though my friends who saw Stevie Nicks there had already told me about their bad experience with trying to go forward...and the guard said "Absolutely not".

YBTTC...eh...they could've flashed a giant sign over the stage saying "COME FORWARD NOW IF YOU WANT TO!" and I wouldn't have noticed.....the guy next to me at one point just looked over at me and said to the girl with him, "Uh...I think she's in a trance." ;) So cool that you knew when to look for it though and that there would be an opportunity...I'm SO glad you guys got to be so close!!!! So very very awesome!

-----

glenneaglesfan
08-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Me too. I'm lapping up every detail. I suppose we all hope to see him and meet him one day,,,

~~~

This way to happiness...

Z
08-01-2006, 06:41 PM
TITTL came on today as I was driving home. The song was never one of my favorites until last Friday. It gave me goose bumps to hear the whole audience sing in complete unison with Glenn on this number. I'll probably never hear it again without thinking about how it sounded in AC.

-------------

08-01-2006, 10:40 PM
I know Z. I'm telling you, it gave me goosebumps. This version of TITTL was so much more powerful than the way he does it in F1. I think it was as close to the original version that we will ever get.

~~~~~~

glenneaglesfan
08-02-2006, 05:21 PM
That's an interesting observation. After all he's in charge of solo for the whole evening - he may not be entirely relaxed. Despite his obvious attraction as a solo artist he still seems somewhat diffident - maybe we should all write to him to boost his confidence!

~~~

This way to happiness...

08-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Just another observation regarding what a different experience it is to see Glenn solo as opposed to seeing the Eagles live. Glenn is much more talkative in his solo shows than he is in Eagles concerts. However, I'm not sure I would describe him as more relaxed. During the three shows I saw at Rama and A/C, Glenn was very focused and intense, especially when singing. I guess he is concentrating very hard on what he is doing. Although he talks more, he doesn't interact with the audience. While he may glance over the audience, there are no long stares, direct eye contact, or recognition smiles like you may see from him in an Eagles concert. He probably has his eyes closed 85% of the time when he's singing. My guess is that he may feel a little more pressure when he's solo because he is front and center the entire time. In Eagles concerts, he is somewhat the same way when he is singing lead on a song. However, when the other guys are singing lead, that's when he seems to relax and have fun, check out the audience, and interact with them. The first night in Rama when we first got up to the stage, he bent down to get his Gatorade, and I thought he may have seen me, so I gave him a tiny little wave. However, he either didn't see me or just ignored me because he didn't acknowledge it. By contrast, in Sacramento, I was making little pointing hand gestures at him and he saw me and pointed back to me on two separate occasions and even mouthed something to me as he pointed. Of course, he was LHAO at me, but who cares! :blush:

~~~~~~

Freypower
08-02-2006, 07:55 PM
I don't know about 'diffident' necessarily - just much more focused.

sodascouts
08-02-2006, 09:24 PM
I agree, Kay. I think he is very demanding of himself solo and as a result he doesn't allow himself to really relax. I believe that the jokes are to keep the audience laughing and entertained at all times; they are not an expression of a more casual and relaxed attitude. I mean, he's got a friggin' comedy routine going on. And I love it.

And Julie - Most. Awesome. Icon. Ever.

~

Freypower
08-03-2006, 12:20 AM
Thanks. I was wondering if I should make it bigger.

I only have all your reports on what Glenn is like solo - I think it's interesting how he changes his focus for solo shows.

08-04-2006, 04:45 PM
Despite his obvious attraction as a solo artist he still seems somewhat diffident - maybe we should all write to him to boost his confidence!

Kate - I'm not sure it's Glenn's confidence that I want to .... Oh nevermind - you all know where I'm going with this! :twisted: http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/eek.gif :D

~~~~~~

sodascouts
08-04-2006, 04:58 PM
It is strange to think of Glenn as needing an ego boost, but sometimes he does seem to be a bit unsure of himself when solo, and indeed it seems that uncertainty has been there from Day 1 and No Fun Aloud. But he bit the bullet and charged out there anyway, and is still chuggin' today.

~

Z
08-04-2006, 05:39 PM
...is still chuggin' today.

Pun intended, Nancy?

-------------

sodascouts
08-04-2006, 06:29 PM
Hey, I still believe Glenn can chug all night. ;)

~

Molly
08-04-2006, 06:49 PM
Hmmm, and then there was his "light at the end of the train tunnel" reference...could it all be related?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/4_12_121.gif;)

sodascouts
08-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Man, that train tunnel stuff depressed me! Never stop chugging, Glenn!

~

08-04-2006, 09:48 PM
Hey, I still believe Glenn can chug all night. ;)

I think we should launch a thorough investigation! :twisted:

~~~~~~