PDA

View Full Version : Bid on chance to meet Don Felder

sodascouts
12-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Ticky posted this in the Eagles' memorabilia thread, but since it's a pretty big deal, I figured I'd give it its own thread.

The Guitar Center Music Foundation (http://www.auctionwire.com/gcmf), a charity to fund music programs which Felder has supported often, is now offering several items for bid - one of which is a chance to meet Don Felder.

The description from the site is as follows:

Don Felder Book Experience

The lucky winning bidder of this auction package will receive a Don Felder meet and greet experience that will take place in Hollywood, CA, on a date between February 2 and 13, 2009. The exact date and time of the meet and greet will be coordinated on a mutually convenient date with both the winning bidder and Don during this timeframe.

The experience will also include a signed copy of his recently published book about his time with the Eagles titled “Heaven and Hell: My Life in the Eagles (1974-2001).” This experience will include the opportunity to either just sit down and talk with Don during your meet and greet; or, just like he did with young Tom Petty, you can choose to have Don give you a one-on-one guitar lesson.

This is the ultimate gift for the biggest Eagles fan or to purchase for yourself. This is truly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and an experience you will never forget!

You can bid on the item here (http://bid.auctionwire.com/detail.asp?id=1117).

Ive always been a dreamer
12-05-2008, 12:44 AM
Well, this isn't for me, but I guess this would be a wonderful experience for some die hard Felder fan. Not cheap though!

MikeA
12-05-2008, 01:01 AM
Well, this isn't for me, but I guess this would be a wonderful experience for some die hard Felder fan. Not cheap though!

Would I like the sit down and talk with Felder? You better betcha I would! Might be able to find out more talking to him in person than reading "body language" into someone else's interview with him. Or by reading the book he wrote!

Would I pay $3,500 for the privilege to sit down with him? Even with a "guitar lesson" tossed in? No hardly. Would I pay $50? Nope. I bought his book. That's enough!

However, the "cause" he is supporting might sweeten the pot. It is a GOOD cause with direct benefit to youth of the land. I'm certainly not in any financial to even consider donating that kind of money to any charity. And if the economy doesn't bounce back and bounce back pretty darn quick, I'll be changing lines of code in programs when I'm 90 instead of retiring when I'm 66!