PDA

View Full Version : Remember

hickfromhell
12-08-2008, 01:03 PM
This has nothing to do with the Eagles, but everything to do with music. Don't forget to take at least a moment to remember some fallen brothers today. 28 years ago, today, John Lennon was taken from us. And, in almost the very same way just 4 years ago, Dimebag Darrell, of the bands Pantera and Damageplan, was taken from us. Even if you arent a fan of either, they were both very inventive and amazing musicians as well as people. And they left behind a great legacy of albums and songs to remember them by.

R.I.P John Lennon: 1940-1980
R.I.P Dimebag Darrell: 1966-2004

ticky
12-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Amen

EagleLady
12-08-2008, 01:06 PM
I second that. John's music is a very big part of my life.

fred
12-08-2008, 01:12 PM
You are right, Let think about they do not lived anymore.
Let they rust in peace.:-(

EagleLady
12-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Don't you mean Rest in peace?

Ive always been a dreamer
12-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Thanks for reminding us of this, hfh.

The Beatles (and John Lennon's) music was the most influential music of my early life.

Prettymaid
12-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Thanks for reminding us of this, hfh.

The Beatles (and John Lennon's) music was the most influential music of my early life.

And mine as well, Deamer.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will live as one"

Stars
12-08-2008, 07:57 PM
The Beatles' music was also a very big part of my early life. I will never forget how excited I was when the Beatles landed in the US on my 12th birthday!
I always think of John Lennon on this day-his wonderful music will live forever.

hickfromhell
12-08-2008, 08:55 PM
I think the fact that Darrell died since I have been around leaves more of an impact on me. I literally saw his band Damageplan in San Francisco 3 weeks before he was shot and killed onstage in Ohio. I met him, shook his hand, and he gave me a couple guitar picks! Not that the affect of John's death isnt heavy on my heart as well. I mean....who, besides Paul McCartney and George Harrison, could talk about the time they invented guitar feedback? Thats pretty much amazing to me...especially as a player and future-producer because of the fact that almost every band SINCE the Beatles has used distortion and feedback. And the reason why I have no problem talking about either one of these guys together, is because I feel they seriously had soooo much more in them to give the world, but they were taken way to soon. When I talk about Darrell with the older generation, they agree...and when I talk about John with my generaton...they agree as well. These guys were gods of music!

Freypower
12-08-2008, 09:47 PM
You're entitled to your opinion but to me there is absolutely no comparison as far as the effect on music. John Lennon was one of the greatest geniuses who ever lived, in my opinion.

I think I will move this thread to Singing For The Sake Of The Song.

hickfromhell
12-09-2008, 01:57 AM
Yes, I am entitled to my opinion. And the fact that Darrell, as well as John, has inspired MILLIONS of people in my generation to pick up an instrument and love it with all of their heart makes him just as insprational as John. Hell, if he is good enough for Joe Walsh...I'm sure he is good enough for the rest of the world. And in my last post I did say that its obvious that the generation difference would make it so that most people on here wouldn't understand. But seeing as I grew up in a time where guitarists thought it cool to play no solos and drop tune the hell out of their instruments...I think that its good that a guy like Darrell was there to point us youngin's in the right direction.