PDA

View Full Version : The Border Turns 2!

sodascouts
12-14-2008, 01:08 AM
Well it's that time of year again - Dec. 14 - the birthday of the Border (and, by extension, the old Flip City).

The Border has been around 2 years now, and we're doing pretty well, if I do say so myself. Thanks to all you posters here who make this community what it is, both new and old. Otherwise, this place would be just an empty shell.

Gratefully yours,
Nancy

:grouphug:

ticky
12-14-2008, 01:20 AM
Cool!!! Happy Bday The Border!! (Im bakin' a cake!)

Nancy, you've done an amazing job here. This is by far and away the best fan site on the internet for any band that I have seen and that's due to your talent and dedication. A BIG thank you and CHEERS!! :cheers:

sodascouts
12-14-2008, 01:33 AM
Aw, thank you so much ticky!

:hug:

Stars
12-14-2008, 02:41 AM
Happy Two Year anniversary! Soda, I will echo what Ticky said-you have truly done an amazing job on this fansite, and I am grateful for all your hard work. I love coming here, and find it a warm and friendly place to be. Who else but all of you would understand how I feel about the best band on earth??:thumbsup:

MikeA
12-14-2008, 08:45 AM
A job WELL DONE Soda.

I'm eatin' a piece of cake in honor of the event. I'd bake one, but alls I can cook is coffee (and you might question the coffee part!)

Just Another Hired Hand
12-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Now I have an excuse to eat some cake. Happy birthday to The Border and congratulations Soda! This could well be one of the most awesome fan sites on the web. If there is something to be known about the Eagles (and other things) It can be found here. This site is like one big ongoing Eagles concert, a great band with lots of friendly fans.

EagleLady
12-14-2008, 10:28 AM
Happy Birthday Border and Congrats Soda! :partytime:

Troubadour
12-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Happy 2nd Birthday to The Border! This really is a fantastic community. I'm so glad I found it. Thank you to all the lovely people I've met here, and to Soda for doing such a great job. May we celebrate many more birthdays in the future! :cheers:

Ive always been a dreamer
12-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Congratulations to The Border on its 2nd Anniversary.

I echo what everyone has said here. This is a great community for Eagles fans to have fun and get information about America's greatest band.

I have been around from the beginning, so I know all about the endless hours that Nancy devotes to making The Border and the entire Eagles Online Central network the great sites that they are. I am very grateful to her for it.

But as she said, the hard work would be all for naught if not for all of the members who come here to post and share their knowledge about the band. Thanks to everyone who contributes information and/or donates money and time to make this such an enjoyable, fun, and enlightening place to visit.

Here's to more years of continued success for the band and The Border!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

tbs fanatic
12-14-2008, 02:57 PM
HAPPY BORDER BIRTHDAY. Congrats Soda on a truly great site.

Littlemelly9
12-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Great Job and Thank you SODA For all your hard work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sodascouts
12-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Thanks again for all the kind words people! To celebrate, I've created a new board style with a "Long Road Out of Eden" theme, selectable at the bottom!

ticky
12-14-2008, 04:50 PM
WOW Soda!! Very cool!! I love it!

MikeA
12-14-2008, 06:07 PM
I also really like the theme Soda. Great contrast!

glenneaglesfan
12-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Aw, Nancy, thanks again for making this such a great site for Eagles information and for fans to get together. You are very much appreciated!

Freypower
12-14-2008, 07:08 PM
I echo what Dreamer said (she always gets it right). Congratulations to Nancy for all her hard work. Those of us who've been here since the very beginning appreciate all the contributions of our growing list of members.

And the new Border style is awesome, as usual. :thumbsup:

DonFan
12-14-2008, 10:05 PM
Happy second birthday to The Border! I've been here since the beginning too, and I can truly say I have enjoyed every minute of posting here. Thanks to Nancy for all her creativity and hard work on The Border and all the sister sites, and thanks to everyone else who makes posting so much fun!

Ive always been a dreamer
12-14-2008, 11:43 PM
Well, thanks for the compliment, FP. However, I'm sure have we'd have a hard time getting consensus from my family about that. :wink: :wink:

And Nancy - I love the new LROOE board style. Now, you are going to have to make a style for all of the other albums as well.

sodascouts
12-15-2008, 12:30 AM
Thanks again, guys! And good idea dreamer - I'll get on it when I have time.

Peekaboo
12-15-2008, 06:51 AM
Happy Birthday to the Border and Congratulations Nancy on 2 years. I would also like to say a big Thank You for all you do on here as well as with the other sites. You have done an amazing job!!!

Mrs Henley
12-15-2008, 07:02 AM
Happy Birthday to the Border! Nancy, thanks for everything you did for the Border and for us!

Glennsallnighter
12-15-2008, 09:14 AM
Congratulations and Happy Birthday to the Border from me as well. And may I too echo all the compliments to Nancy who has made it such and entertaining and informative board.

It is a credit to you Nancy.

Also thanks to Dreamer GEF, Julie, DF, and TF for all the hard work they do moderating the board and keeping it free of Spam and other unwanted garbage!

THANKS!!

Heres to many more years 'On The Border'

TimothyBFan
12-15-2008, 10:21 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BORDER!!! Thanks to Nancy for all her hard work and creativity. I know this takes up a big chunk of your daily life and I, as I'm sure everyone else is, am very grateful. It is one of the daily things I do and am so glad I found it and have created so many "cyber friends".

Here's to many many more years at the Border!!:cheers:

Brooke
12-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Let me add my thanks and appreciation for all you do here, Soda. This is such a fun place to interact with all the best Eagles fans alive!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BORDER!

Long Live The Eagles!

I'm having a chocolate to celebrate!

sodascouts
12-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Ah, I feel all warm and fuzzy! Thanks!

But again, let me extend my thanks to my moderators and all you guys who come here and make it fun!

eaglesvet
12-15-2008, 08:58 PM
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 2ND
ANNIVERSARY...AND MANY MORE TO COME

I find it amazing that this site keeps so many people (myself included) happy and interested and connected---both with the Eagles and with each other. I can literally lose track of myself and time while I read and write on this site...and utterly enjoy doing so!! (Well, except for uploading photos...not so enjoyable to do, but very gratifying to view once accomplished!) And I don't hesitate to say that you folks here are probably the only ones who could even fathom what I am talking about! This is a great community; and I'm glad I stumbled across it, and then got reeled in! :wave:

Prettymaid
12-22-2008, 06:31 PM
I absolutely agree with everyone. I found the site after I had purchased my tickets to the September 24 Chicago show (sure wish I would have found it before purchasing the tickets - I've learned alot here about that)

Anyway, if you ask my hubby he would probably say I spend too much time here, but I love spending my time here with you guys!

And Soda, your dedication and attention to detail is so much appreciated!

Thank you all and Happy Birthday Border!

sodascouts
12-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Thanks again. I want to add that I love how The Border has enabled me to hook up with a lot of cool Eagles fans in person as well as online!

Prettymaid
12-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Thanks again. I want to add that I love how The Border has enabled me to hook up with a lot of cool Eagles fans in person as well as online!

Absolutely. And it's nice to know that I have friends not only all over the country but all over the world!

SweetHolly
12-23-2008, 06:36 PM
Wow congratulations Nancy! Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Glennhoney
12-26-2008, 06:32 PM
..so The Border is 2 years old....I couldn't believe my luck when I found this site some time ago....amazing work...I check it every day and I always find something new....thanks for all the great pics and stories...and I hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas...:partytime:

TimothyBFan
12-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Welcome Glennhoney---Glad you joined in! Let me guess who your favorite Eagle is?:-P Hope you enjoy it here and please jump right in! Bet you will really have fun with us!

thelongrun
12-26-2008, 10:36 PM
:doh:Am I late again?

Soda & Company Congratulations! Great great great job you have done and kept, Thanks for so much work and cool stuff, I mean it, my best!:bow:

Glennhoney
12-27-2008, 12:59 PM
..haha...am I really that transparent???:partytime:..looking forward to fun discussions with all you Eagles fans....:computer:

sodascouts
12-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the kind words everybody - and welcome, GlennHoney!

Glennsallnighter
12-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Welcome from me too GH! I hope you enjoy it here.