PDA

View Full Version : Pebble Beach 2009

Ive always been a dreamer
12-20-2008, 12:44 AM
Just a little update, I decided to call the Pebble Beach office today to see when they were going to update the sight with new celebrity info. I spoke with a very nice lady named Cindy (not Mrs. Frey) and she said that Glenn had verbally confirmed playing in the 2009 AT&T, but he has not sent his paperwork in yet. She said that the site was up to date with everyone that has confirmed, and asked me who I was inquiring about. When I told her, she said "Oh - Glenn has a good following and I will tell him that he is wanted".

sodascouts
12-20-2008, 12:57 AM
Excellent!

Wildthyme
12-20-2008, 04:17 AM
Yay! Time to put that vacation request in...

EasyFeeling
12-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Aaaaaaaah, Soda and Dreamer, you want to go again next year? :-D

12-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Hmmm - let me think about that some more, EF. :headscratch: :lol:

EasyFeeling
12-21-2008, 08:49 AM
Hahaha, I don't think you are serious, Dreamer :twisted:

eaglesvet
12-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Just a little update, I decided to call the Pebble Beach office today to see when they were going to update the sight with new celebrity info. I spoke with a very nice lady named Cindy (not Mrs. Frey) and she said that Glenn had verbally confirmed playing in the 2009 AT&T, but he has not sent his paperwork in yet. She said that the site was up to date with everyone that has confirmed, and asked me who I was inquiring about. When I told her, she said "Oh - Glenn has a good following and I will tell him that he is wanted".
Gee, I wonder if he will realize who was asking about him:?::?:

Freypower
12-21-2008, 07:31 PM
He's wanted, alright.:partytime:

12-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Gee, I wonder if he will realize who was asking about him:?::?:

Not a chance, ev, not a chance!
But the lady did tell me that I was the second person who had called to inquire about Glenn that day, so it wasn't just me. :wink:

He's wanted, alright.:partytime:

I know, FP. When she said this, I had to struggle to maintain my composure. I put on my best Sarah Palin impersonation and just said "You betcha". :thumbsup:

glenneaglesfan
12-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Not a chance, ev, not a chance!
But the lady did tell me that I was the second person who had called to inquire about Glenn that day, so it wasn't just me. :wink:

I know, FP. When she said this, I had to struggle to maintain my composure. I put on my best Sarah Palin impersonation and just said "You betcha". :thumbsup:

I wonder who was the first to call! Love this story, dreamer. I really really hope that Glenn is going to be there this year, and I would give my eye teeth to be there with you, but circumstances are not auspicious at the moment.

sodascouts
12-22-2008, 05:22 PM
I wonder who was the first to call!

It wasn't me, I promise! lol

Glennsallnighter
12-22-2008, 06:57 PM
I guess you'll go Soda? I really would love to do it but this year is a no hoper with the current financial climate over here, AND the fact that I have blown half the 'Glenn :heart: fund on tickets to the gigs.

But to those of you that CAN consider it, its well worth the effort.

sodascouts
12-22-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to go to Pebble Beach, so I'm not going to pass it up now. Looks like we're going to have another Borderer present (hey Cami!) Anyone else considering going?

Glennsallnighter
12-22-2008, 10:24 PM
Good decision Soda! Go while you can

sodascouts
01-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Well, here's something not so great! The Pebble Beach site was updated and - still no Glenn! I called the office to inquire and they gave me the runaround! Said they couldn't confirm anything that wasn't on the Pebble Beach site. I even asked about Glenn specifically - "Someone from your office said that he'd verbally confirmed that he would be there - was that incorrect?" and she said she didn't know anything about that, and once again referred me to the site. "Keep checking to see all the confirmations that are public knowledge," she told me. "Thanks for calling! Bye!" She sounded like she couldn't wait to get rid of me. Suddenly the staff is very tight-lipped. Hmmm!

eaglesvet
01-11-2009, 12:22 AM
I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to go to Pebble Beach, so I'm not going to pass it up now. Looks like we're going to have another Borderer present (hey Cami!) Anyone else considering going?
I REALLY wish I could...but it just wouldn't fly with the rest of the family to take my own private vacation to the Left Coast for a "golf outing;" nor could I see dragging any of my crew along! (I still have "But we already saw the Eagles!" ringing in my ears...) Never mind the fact that hubby knows that I don't really care for for golf and don't know much about it, so I couldn't even use that for my pseudo-reason for said trip.

However, I could quickly learn to like golf, and try to understand what birdie means (other than a flying feathered friend)... if perhaps we could find an East Coast celebrity golf classic that might attract the one and only Mr. Frey. Anyone know of any such event, say, from Maine to North Carolina, and as far west as Ohio/Indiana? If so, maybe we could petition the organizers to invite Glenn to play; and a good many of us would be within striking, er, I mean driving, distance of it. Just a thought...:partytime:

Mrs Henley
01-11-2009, 05:53 AM
I hope for everyone who was planning to go that Glenn will be there!

Maybe we can organize our own "Border Golf Competition" with of course Mr Frey and his Eagles friends (I'd love to see the others playing golf, lol).

Peekaboo
01-11-2009, 07:37 AM
Now there's an idea MH!! I honostly thought about trying to go to this but I've had plans to go Florida at the end of this month for quite some time now. As much as i would LOVE to go i've already taken enough time off of work for this florida trip. I would absolutely love to go and see the lovely Mr. Frey and possibly get to meet him but sadly i won't be going. Maybe next year. (fingers crossed)

eaglesvet
01-13-2009, 02:54 PM
When I was at Ohio State there was some big golf classic in Columbus or a suburb (mid-to-late 80's)---Chaleymom, any idea if it still exists there?

sodascouts
01-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Well, Dreamer called again and they finally admitted that Glenn isn't gonna come this year. :(

Brooke
01-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Oh noooooooooo.......:-(

EagleLady
01-15-2009, 05:40 PM
That sucks :-(

Freypower
01-15-2009, 05:58 PM
That is a terrible shame. I got the impression last year that he didn't enjoy it at all.

TimothyBFan
01-15-2009, 06:19 PM
To all of you that were planning on going- I'm really sorry! He just must not have the time this year while on tour. Maybe next year he won't be so busy.

Stars
01-15-2009, 06:22 PM
What a shame. I know several people were planning on going. I had thought about it myself! Let's keep our fingers crossed for next year. Like TBF said, he is probably busy with the tour.:-(

sodascouts
01-15-2009, 06:47 PM
I'd be disappointed anyway, but Cindy from Pebble Beach's misinformation that he had "verbally confirmed" had really gotten my hopes up. Boo on her!

Glennsallnighter
01-15-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm sure she didn't mean to mislead you Soda but its a bummer all the same. Somebody must have gotten their wires crossed somewhere. I had been looking forward to hearing about the event from the people who WERE going to make it.

I'm sorry for those who had intended going. Hopefully next year he may not be so BBF!!

GlennLover
01-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Oh Soda & Dreamer, and anyone else who was planning to go, I feel so badly for you that Glenn won't be participating this year! :-(:headshake: It is one of the few opportunities that you get to actually speak with him. I had been checking the Pebble Beach web site every day with my fingers crossed for you. Maybe some other event will come along where you can see him :pray:.

You know that we other Borderers live vicariously through you when you do meet Glenn. :wink:

I keep on dreaming. Maybe someday, by some miracle, I'll get to meet him. I do consider myself very fortunate though, to have been able to see him & the other Eagles in concert last summer!

Peekaboo
01-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Aww, what a shame!!!:-( I remember reading about all the adventures and great times that "the angels" had at the previous meetings at PB and was looking forward to more exciting reviews. That's just too bad. My fingers are crossed that he'll be back next year.

01-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Thanks everyone. Of course. this is disappointing news, but I'm not very surprised at this point. We seemed to get different information from each person we talked to at the Pebble Beach office over the past few weeks, and I was not getting a warm, fuzzy feeling about it. Oh well, hopefully, Glenn will be able to play next year.

That is a terrible shame. I got the impression last year that he didn't enjoy it at all.

I'm not sure that I would agree with this, FP. Glenn was in good spirits and seemed to be enjoying himself in the early part of the week last year. On Friday, he seemed to be focusing very hard on his game as it is a critical day in the tournament. It is true that on Saturday, he was either in a bad mood or not feeling good, but, again, that was not his demeanor the entire week.

GlennLover
01-17-2009, 12:34 AM
It is true that on Saturday, he was either in a bad mood or not feeling good, but, again, that was not his demeanor the entire week.

Dreamer, I remember wondering at the time when I read that Glenn did not seem to be feeling well that day - do you think that he was in pain due to his arthritis? :-(

sodascouts
01-17-2009, 12:49 AM
Well, it's possible - or maybe it was just a bad headache. Who knows? But he looked like he was hurtin' and miserable on Saturday, poor guy.

Glennsallnighter
01-17-2009, 07:42 AM
Poor guy indeed! Sounds like he was in need of a little TLC! I remember thinking that at the time. Hopefully its not been his last outing to Pebble Beach, and that this year is just as a result of his tour commitments.
Come back Glenn!

Glennhoney
01-18-2009, 12:11 PM
That's really too bad about Glenn not playing..especially for all those who were planning to go...but the guy is probably exhausted from all the touring...and they have a very busy spring schedule....still I hope he will play again....it's so great to see him on the golf course...

eaglesvet
02-16-2009, 07:52 PM
I just read that a HUGE winter storm is blanketing California, and has cancelled the final round of Pebble Beach today! I guess it was in the cards that neither Glenn nor the golf-attending Borderers would be there this year!

Glennsallnighter
02-16-2009, 08:06 PM
I've just seen that on my TV! Some heavy winds alright. I'm glad Glenn:heart: wasn't being bashed around!!