PDA

View Full Version : Question about the song "Annabel"

Stars
12-21-2008, 04:53 PM
I have just heard the song "Annabel" for the first time on Inside Job, and I just love it! I was wondering if there is anywhere online where you can hear the song in its entirety. I was raving to a friend about the song, and she said she would love to hear it. Thanks for any help!:thumbsup:

sodascouts
12-21-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm afraid I don't know of a site where you can get it for free. You can get it on iTunes for 99 cents, I believe.

Ive always been a dreamer
12-21-2008, 09:31 PM
I don't think Don has ever performed the song live has he? I guess I don't blame him for not wanting to since it is a personal song for his daughter.

Stars
12-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, Soda! I will suggest to my friend that she try Itunes for the song.:)

Mrs Henley
12-27-2008, 01:56 AM
I don't think Don has ever performed the song live has he? I guess I don't blame him for not wanting to since it is a personal song for his daughter.

He never did, anyway if he did it's never been mention by people..
And indeed Dreamer, we can't blame him for not singing.
But if he would, it would sound great!

Freypower
12-28-2008, 05:44 PM
I have a question about this song as we have a topic for it. I assume that Annabel was written when she was a newborn. So why the line 'you've got my hard head and your mother's grace'. How does he know a newborn baby will have a 'hard head'? It seems a peculiar thing to say.

The song is not a favourite of mine, though I can understand its appeal.

DonFan
12-29-2008, 01:23 AM
I think Don may have been making a reference to qualities their daughter received from each of her parents--hence, Sharon's beauty and his hard head. And, Annabel may have been a toddler when the song was written, and toddlers can be quite headstrong.

Ive always been a dreamer
12-29-2008, 12:12 PM
I agree that we can't assume that the song was written when Annabel was a newborn. She was born in 1995 and Inside Job wasn't released until 2000, so the song was probably written sometime in between. Plenty of time for a hard head to develop! :wink:

I did hear somewhere (can't remember where and not sure if it is true or not) that Don wrote Taking You Home about bringing newborn Annabel home for the first time.

DonFan
12-29-2008, 12:56 PM
I did hear somewhere (can't remember where and not sure if it is true or not) that Don wrote Taking You Home about bringing newborn Annabel home for the first time.

I remember reading that too, dreamer.

In one of the interviews he gave for Inside Job after Will had been born, they asked him if he was going to write a song for Will, too. He laughed and said something like, "I know how kids compare things, and the pressure is definitely on to write one for him."

ambr1377
05-02-2013, 01:17 PM
I would love to see pictures of his children, but can't seem to find any. Hmmm.