PDA

View Full Version : Bon Jovi

TimothyBFan
12-22-2008, 09:28 AM
This was brought to my attention by a friend of mine. They apparently deserve an award for worst fan club out there. What a way to treat the fans. Love Bon Jovi but hope he isn't aware of this and someone soon brings it to his attention and gets it fixed. And we thought The Eagles tickets were expensive. Nothing compared to these tickets and fan club members getting seats as far back as 30 rows! WOW!!

http://the-screen-door.blogspot.com/2008/12/bon-jovi-fan-club-proves-itself-to-be.html

sodascouts
12-22-2008, 03:02 PM
I can't say I'm surprised. There was a big scandal when the Fleetwood Mac fanclub did something similiar to fans who were members of the fan club; you got access to a presale that would supposedly put you in the first 20 rows; I signed up, forked over the fan club fee, and got back of the floor.

We all blamed Mick Fleetwood and the guy he hired, much like this author blames Matt Bon Jovi. However, it seems this kind of treatment is starting to become the industry standard.

Azoff once wrote that he did ILAA because fan clubs pissed people off, and I responded with "poorly-run fan clubs piss people off." This is a prime example.

Ive always been a dreamer
12-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Yikes - this is really bad. You know it got me thinking that even though tickets to Eagles shows aren't cheap by any stretch of the imagination, maybe their fans don't have it so bad after all, comparatively speaking. I mean if this is what we are up against, I'd say at least we are getting to see a legendary band perform a 3-hours show for our money. Now, I don't mean to take anything away from Bon Jovi because I like them a lot, but there is no way they should command higher ticket prices than the Eagles. In spite of all our complaining about Irving's ILAA, I will have to say that I hear very few people complain about the treatment they received when attending an ILAA reception. I think ILAA tries very hard to make sure their patrons have a really good experience.

Jags
01-23-2009, 01:42 PM
OMG, I agree that their ticket prices really are outrageous! But I must admit that I paid out the @ss to see them 4 times last year myself... Mostly because Daughtry was opening for them, though. I paid quite a bit to see Nickleback last year too cuz' Daughtry was opening for them... I have to confess that I'm kinda addicted to Daughtry, traveled literally thousands of miles to see them 15 times already so far! The Eagles are by far my first love, but I think that Daughtry is kinda like the new generations' Eagles in a way... Daughtry really puts on an awesome live show!!! IMHO, Much better live then on CD. The bass player for Daughtry (Josh Paul) was the little boy playing drums in Henley's Boys of Summer video. But Bon Jovi really does put on a helluva show, too! That boy's still got it going on! They played for over 3 hrs. without even taking a break and I have to admit that I was actually pleasantly surprised by how good they were live! Not as good as the Eagles (of course) but very good still... Plus I got to hear Chris perform Blaze of Glory w/ them and it was frikkin' awesome! I've got a video of that performance up on YouTube if anyone is interested.....

TimothyBFan
01-23-2009, 02:07 PM
I have to confess that I'm kinda addicted to Daughtry, traveled literally thousands of miles to see them 15 times already so far!

OMG-:jawdrop: 15 times! Do you really think your addicted? :hilarious:

I love Nickelback too. My nephew is going to one of their concerts soon. Would love to see them!

Jags
01-23-2009, 02:31 PM
OMG-:jawdrop: 15 times! Do you really think your addicted? :hilarious:
ummm, yeah maybe just a lil' bit! :oops:

EagleLady
01-23-2009, 02:32 PM
It's ok to be addicted Jags That is why we are all here :)

Jags
01-23-2009, 02:50 PM
It's ok to be addicted Jags That is why we are all here :)
*sigh of relief* Thanks, that's very good of you to say so! My hubby however would not agree, LOL! ;)

EagleLady
01-23-2009, 02:51 PM
*sigh of relief* Thanks, that's very good of you to say so! My hubby however would not agree, LOL! ;)

:lol: I would say your hubby does not understand your addiction

Jags
01-23-2009, 03:05 PM
:lol: I would say your hubby does not understand your addiction
Yeah, that's putting it rather mildly, LOL! :)

EagleLady
01-23-2009, 03:06 PM
:lol:

TimothyBFan
01-23-2009, 03:08 PM
Jags-Just kidding with you! Believe me I understand! I just posted in the LROOE thread that Eagles are coming to Indy. I swore I was putting out no more $$ this year to see them--unless they came to Indy!:brickwall: Guess where I'm going in March. :thumbsup:

BTW--love your avatar! You will have to give us that story sometime. I suppose after seeing him 15 times, you must have a few stories about him!?!

Jags
01-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Jags-Just kidding with you! Believe me I understand! I just posted in the LROOE thread that Eagles are coming to Indy. I swore I was putting out no more $$ this year to see them--unless they came to Indy!:brickwall: Guess where I'm going in March. :thumbsup:

BTW--love your avatar! You will have to give us that story sometime. I suppose after seeing him 15 times, you must have a few stories about him!?!
Thanks for the compliment on my avi! :) Although for some reason I still can't see it? I've got so many stories I could tell ya about him! Chris has the most incredible voice I've ever heard live (besides the Eagles, of course) and really just has the most amazing stage presence of any other band I've ever seen! But he's also got a great personality to top it all off, really cute and just the sweetest lil' southern boy! *sigh* I've had the pleasure of hanging out w/ them several times and I have to say they're all just the nicest bunch of guys you could ever hope to meet! All of those guys are really talented, but yet still so humble and thankful to all of their fans, yunno?! And yeah, OMG that's so funny, I've said the very same thing about not shelling out any more dough to see Chris, but then every chance I got, I just couldn't help myself and had to get tix, if they were available. They've gotten so popular that they sell out within minutes these days, that is whenever they are on tour. They're on a break right now working on their sophomore album so I have no choice about it at all right now! Needless to say, hubby is very happy about that, LOL! That's the only reason he got me tix for next weeks Eagles concert here... He's so grateful that I'm not following my hot bald rocker around the country anymore lately! Little does he know that just as soon as they do go back on tour I'll be hot on their trail once again, hahaha! ;)

Brooke
01-23-2009, 03:57 PM
The bass player for Daughtry (Josh Paul) was the little boy playing drums in Henley's Boys of Summer video. ...

:cool: I tell you, I learn something new every day here! Thanks!

Plus I got to hear Chris perform Blaze of Glory w/ them and it was frikkin' awesome! I've got a video of that performance up on YouTube if anyone is interested.....

Sure! How about a link?

Jags
01-23-2009, 04:17 PM
:cool: I tell you, I learn something new every day here! Thanks!

Sure! How about a link?

Here ya go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8CltZpsylg&feature=channel_page

Sorry it's a lil' shakey at the beginning cuz' I got so excited to actually be getting to see them perform it together, LOL! I just love the way Jon looks so proud of Chris towards the end... He was a really great mentor to Chris during that tour and taught him alot about how to handle such huge crowds like that! I was really hoping that they might actually open for the Eagles one day too since JP knows Henley from when he was a kid... But I do know for a fact how much respect they all have for the Eagles. Chris was actually at the Hard Rock Theme Park grand opening, and although he didn't perform, he did get to see the Eagles in concert and he too thought they are truly amazing! ;)

Maleah
01-26-2009, 12:55 AM
Love love LOVE Chris Daughtry! Voted for him every week on Idol. :) I, too, saw him on tour with Bon Jovi and they all did a fabulous job! He brought the house down on "Blaze of Glory!" Plus he's a cutie :)

sodascouts
01-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Jags, how awesome for you! I love Daughtry too - good to see he's nice to fans!

Jags
01-27-2009, 06:23 AM
Love love LOVE Chris Daughtry! Voted for him every week on Idol. :) I, too, saw him on tour with Bon Jovi and they all did a fabulous job! He brought the house down on "Blaze of Glory!" Plus he's a cutie :)
I too have followed Chris since Idol... Voted for him every week and was really shocked that he didn't win! Turned out to be for the best that he didn't win though... He's doing much better then most of the actual "winners" have! His debut album has been named THE best selling album in soundscan history, has already sold nearly 5 million copies and is still in the top 100 right now, and they've had 5 hit singles released (4 of which stayed in the top 10 for 6 weeks or longer) plus they've already won 4 AMA's, People's Choice Award, and were nominated for a Grammy! Not to mention that Idol used his hit single "Home" as the "send off song" last season and his most recent hit single "What About Now" for Idol Gives Back - (Chris is even donating ALL of the proceeds from that particular song to the ONE campaign, which is a charity cofounded by Bono that fights against extreme poverty and global disease) and Idol is using his other recent hit single "Feels Like Tonight" on the show this season! All of that success already from just their debut album!!! I really love every song on their album - never have to skip a track when listening! Not too many artist's albums out there that I can say that about (w/ the exception of the Eagles), yunno?! I just can't wait to hear their sophomore album... I've had the privilidge of previewing a few of the songs that might be on it already live during the last tour and they really are pretty amazing! And yeah, he really is such a cutie! ;) Even more so in person and on stage... That boy is just sooo damn hot and sexy when he's performing live! *THUD* So much so that we nicknamed him the "Big Sexy Beast" over on Daughtry's Official website, LOL! :twisted: But yeah, not only can he sing his @ss off, write amazing songs and play guitar very good, OMG - he also has the nicest butt and thighs I think I've ever seen on any man (ummm, as well as quite a nice :censored:"package", too!) Yummmy!!! Just sayin'...... :shrug:

Jags
01-27-2009, 06:28 AM
Jags, how awesome for you! I love Daughtry too - good to see he's nice to fans!
Awww, thank you soda! :) It's really good to hear that I'm not the only Daughtry lover around here! He really is such a sweetheart and gives the best hugs, too! ;)

01-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the video Jags - it was awesome. If Chris continues his success, Daughtry is going to deserve his own thread in this forum. :wink: :wink:

Jags
01-27-2009, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the video Jags - it was awesome. If Chris continues his success, Daughtry is going to deserve his own thread in this forum. :wink: :wink:
You're welcome Dreamer. :) Hope it doesn't bother anyone that I'm talkin' about Daughtry so much here, though? It's just that NO other band has ever gotten to me like the Eagles, except for Daughtry! *sigh*

eaglesvet
02-03-2009, 11:25 AM
For you Bon Jovi Fans:

Despite being snubbed by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility, Jon Bon Jovi has just been named to the second year roster of inductees to the New Jersey Hall of Fame.:thumbsup: He was noted for championing low-income affordable housing in Newark and other cities through his charitable foundation. He joins others on this year's list: civil rights activist Paul Robeson, NBA star Shaq O'Neal, novelist F. Scott Fitzgerald, poet Walt Whitman, astronomer Carl Sagan, Yankee shortstop and TV announcer Phil Rizzuto, tennis star Althea Gibson, inventor Guglielmo Marconi, writer William Carlos Williams, and comedians Jerry Lewis and Abbott & Costello! Quite a distinguished and varied list! :applause: Congrats! (And yes, Bruce Springsteen made the first group of inductees last year :-D !)

I guess I was too busy with my other Jersey musicians to really get too into Bon Jovi's music when I was younger, although I don't deny his appeal to others out here. Lately, however, I actually love a few of his newer songs: Who Says You Can't Go Home, (You Want to) Make a Memory, and I Love this Town.

EagleLady
04-09-2011, 02:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGyTlST1mw

I'm in love with this song right now.

tequila girl
04-09-2011, 02:33 PM
The first time I visited the States in...'86 (I think) there was a Bon Jovi Hit going on - I can't remember what it was now, but having a quick look on Wiki it was probably "You give love a bad name" or "Livin' on a prayer" either way - it was on the TV all the time ...and I loved it!!! ;)

UK TimFan
09-01-2011, 11:04 PM
I'm not a huge Bon Jovi fan, but I do like 'Living on a prayer' and 'Wanted dead or alive'. I'm also impressed by how many different versions of the songs there are. :smile:

I found this slightly different version of 'Wanted dead or alive', and can only say that is one heck of a guitar that Richie's got. :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VD3pBTK0oA&feature=related

TimothyBFan
12-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Did everybody see this when the news broke regarding the death of Jon Bon Jovi?

http://www.examiner.com/pop-culture-in-scottsdale/jon-bon-jovi-dead-latest-celebrity-death-hoax

My heart sunk when I saw it pop up on my screen. Did a quick google and got nothing so hoped it was just another hoax. A few minutes later, started seeing reports that it was indeed.

Pulled up FB just a bit ago, and had to laugh when I saw this picture he had posted on his FB page. :hilarious: At least he seems to be having a sense of humor about it.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Legends%20of%20Rock/JonBonJovi.jpg

Henley Honey
12-19-2011, 09:37 PM
I'm glad it was a hoax, but if it turns out that Heaven looks anything like New Jersey I'm gonna be sorely disappointed!!! Sorry Jersey.

VAisForEagleLovers
12-19-2011, 10:01 PM
Did everybody see this when the news broke regarding the death of Jon Bon Jovi?

http://www.examiner.com/pop-culture-in-scottsdale/jon-bon-jovi-dead-latest-celebrity-death-hoax

My heart sunk when I saw it pop up on my screen. Did a quick google and got nothing so hoped it was just another hoax. A few minutes later, started seeing reports that it was indeed.

Pulled up FB just a bit ago, and had to laugh when I saw this picture he had posted on his FB page. :hilarious: At least he seems to be having a sense of humor about it.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Legends%20of%20Rock/JonBonJovi.jpg

Whew! Glad to hear it's not true!

Brooke
12-20-2011, 02:50 PM
I just heard about it this morning! Glad to hear Jon is fine!

And lookin' mighty fine too! :lol:

Mrs Frey
12-22-2011, 06:13 AM
I'm glad that Jon Bon Jovi is taking this so well, but I must say that I think the individuals who start rumours like this are sick.

It really takes all types to make a world. :roll:

12-22-2011, 01:21 PM

Yep - Alive and well ... that's for sure!!!

TimothyBFan
11-16-2012, 08:42 AM
Did you see this about Jon's daughter?

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/11/15/drug-charge-dropped-against-bon-jovi-daughter-law-bars-prosecution-in-such/

Witchy Woman
11-16-2012, 11:30 PM
Yeah.

Damn shame about Stephanie. I know he will do everything in his power to help her. I wish her well.

Topkat
11-17-2012, 08:29 AM
Really sad to hear that Jon's daughter is on heroin! I never understood the appeal of that drug. People know how addictive it is, yet young people still continue to try it. Of all the drugs out there, why experiment with this deadly one??? I don't get it. Hope she is headed straight to rehab....What a shame

SallyGee
11-17-2012, 09:50 AM
I hope his daughter was just being stupid and experimenting and doesn't have a serious problem. My heart goes out to the whole family.
Jon has been seen in several of the hardest hit towns around here. He has shown up at fire houses, feeding stations, even people's front yards. No media, no press, just there to give support to these people. What a great guy.

Topkat
11-17-2012, 10:18 AM
Experimenting & being stupid once can be deadly. Jon is a great guy & he's been a great help to the victims of the storm, but he needs to get to his daughter & help her NOW. This is very serious, & I think the drug charges being dropped is not really doing this girl any favors. She needs to learn a lesson before it is too late!

Tiffanny Twisted
11-17-2012, 11:57 AM
sometimes people make choices in theri lives....her choice might not be a reflection on his parenting skills....
people shouldnt judge...
The whole thing is a shame..

WalshFan88
11-17-2012, 07:09 PM
I hope she gets the problem straightened out soon.

Witchy Woman
11-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Just bought my tickets for next July through the fan club !! I'm so excited !! I love my Jovi boys :inlove:

TimothyBFan
11-29-2012, 04:52 PM
They're going to be in Chicago at Soldier Field on July 12th and my nieces want to go in the worse way (especially my nephew's wife) and told me I have to go with since it's only a few days after my 50th birthday and they've heard the stories about how their uncle made me take the life sized Bon Jovi poster off my bathroom door after we started dating in 1987 because he couldn't get out of the shower with Jon staring at him. :hilarious:Told them if they can get me in the first 5 rows, at face value, I'll go. They've accepted the challenge-we'll see how they do.

Brooke
11-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Lol! Good luck with that!

I just got an email about them also being in St. Louis too. I'd love to see them, but I have to save my money for our boys!

Prettymaid
11-29-2012, 10:34 PM
They're going to be in Chicago at Soldier Field on July 12th and my nieces want to go in the worse way (especially my nephew's wife) and told me I have to go with since it's only a few days after my 50th birthday and they've heard the stories about how their uncle made me take the life sized Bon Jovi poster off my bathroom door after we started dating in 1987 because he couldn't get out of the shower with Jon staring at him. :hilarious:Told them if they can get me in the first 5 rows, at face value, I'll go. They've accepted the challenge-we'll see how they do.

I hope they succeed! Love the story of the bathroom poster!

sodascouts
11-30-2012, 05:23 PM
Lol. Good luck!

TimothyBFan
04-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Let's hope it's nothing serious.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/richie-sambora-to-miss-bon-jovi-shows/

Brooke
04-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I saw that too. :sad:

TimothyBFan
04-09-2013, 08:18 AM
Kind of what we all assumed but still nothing "official" yet. Very sad.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/richie-sambora-bon-jovi-tour-drinking/

Brooke
04-09-2013, 10:15 AM
That's too bad that he can't seem to get it under control. I would not be a happy fan if I had tickets to see them and Richie was not there.

Prettymaid
04-09-2013, 10:28 AM
IMO, Jon's doing the right thing though, by pulling him. Hopefully it will be the best thing that ever happened to him.

TimothyBFan
04-10-2013, 07:42 AM
Jon came out yesterday and said that he did not force Richie off the tour that it was all Richie. Still didn't confirm what the "personal" problem is. Also debunked the rumor that Dorothea has made this a no alcohol and no drugs tour. Who knows at this point. Regardless, Richie is obviously having issues and I wish him all the best.

Prettymaid
04-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Me too.

Outlawman13
04-10-2013, 05:41 PM
I wish him all the best as well!!!! I hope he can overcome the problem.

TimothyBFan
05-23-2013, 10:27 AM
Latest in the Sambora saga. Sounds like Richie has some issues.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/bon-jovi-needs-to-stop-talking-richie-sambora/

He adds that his thoughts are with followers of the band, saying: “I love my fans and I feel bad from them at the moment. They’ve paid money to see Bon Jovi, and, right now, they’re not getting the whole deal.”

He feels bad for the fans because they're not getting the whole deal right now. Well why is that, Richie? Sounds more like he's doing the trash talking than Jon who, from what I've seen, has been nothing but supportive.

It gets more interesting.

Henley Honey
05-23-2013, 10:38 AM
I had tickets to see them at Metlife Stadium on July 24th. The date of the concert was changed to Saturday and refunds were available to those who wanted them. I jumped on it and got a refund. It's disappointing that they can't get it together.

ThePerfectBeast
05-23-2013, 10:42 AM
I had tickets to see them at Metlife Stadium on July 24th. The date of the concert was changed to Saturday and refunds were available to those who wanted them. I jumped on it and got a refund. It's disappointing that they can't get it together.

My sister is worried about the same problem occurring at the London shows , hopefully they can pull it together.

Topkat
05-23-2013, 01:23 PM
He leaves a tour to work on a FASHION LINE??? When did he become a fashion designer? ?? Thought he was a guitar player?? He should remember where all his money came from, & stop acting like a spoiled child.

http://www.q1043.com/articles/q1043-news-457573/richie-sambora-enough-with-the-trash-11317009/

Witchy Woman
05-24-2013, 01:47 AM
A lot of this info came from the Daily Mail, which to those unfamiliar is a British tabloidly newspaper. I have a hard time believing any of this new information is true. I have tickets to MetLife Stadium for the rescheduled date myself. I hope Richie makes it back by then. He is my favorite member of the band.

zeldabjr
05-24-2013, 01:51 AM
I hope he gets back on track soon too...he was always my favorite of BonJovi too...have seen them three times live I think...once in Toronto and it was his birthday...he was having a blast you could tell!...

Witchy Woman
05-24-2013, 01:58 AM
Definitely. I do believe this will be my 25th time seeing them. I will still go regardless, but I will miss Richie. I cherish the 24 times I was able to see him.

zeldabjr
05-24-2013, 02:21 AM
WOW WW...that's a lot of BonJovi!!!...lol...wish I could say I've seen the Eagles that many times!

Brooke
05-24-2013, 10:10 AM
Wow, 25 times?! Incredible to see any band that many times! :jealous:

Outlawman13
05-24-2013, 01:21 PM
Man WW!!! You've seen them a lot of times:jealous:!!!

sodascouts
05-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Back in the eighties when I was first getting into rock music as a kid, I adored Bon Jovi. Still love them. I hope they can work things out.

TimothyBFan
05-30-2013, 09:43 AM
Way to go!!!

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/bon-jovi-to-play-in-spain-for-free/

VAisForEagleLovers
05-24-2014, 10:37 PM
When picking out music to play this afternoon, I realized I have no Bon Jovi music in my collection! How is that possible? I know I had a lot of the earlier stuff on cassette which I've since thrown out, but I can't believe I never replaced them with CDs or MP3s. Guess I'll be visiting the Amazon store.

WalshFan88
05-24-2014, 10:42 PM
I like a lot of their music.....my favorite being Livin' On A Prayer. Gotta love that talkbox, right VA? :p

I have Slippery When Wet on vinyl and CD.

Really miss Sambora being in the band. I really dig his guitar style. Certainly one of the guitar heroes of the 80s.

zeldabjr
05-24-2014, 10:43 PM
people here in western New York are boycotting BonJovi music...Jon is attempting to buy our Buffalo Bills and move them to Toronto...people are not happy with him here right now...me included...

VAisForEagleLovers
05-24-2014, 11:09 PM
people here in western New York are boycotting BonJovi music...Jon is attempting to buy our Buffalo Bills and move them to Toronto...people are not happy with him here right now...me included...

I did hear this today, Z and thought of you! He's going in with a group of people who want to move them to Toronto? Do you think it's a ploy to get the promise of a new stadium in Buffalo? Most of their games are blacked out, so no TV revenue.

zeldabjr
05-24-2014, 11:33 PM
I did hear this today, Z and thought of you! He's going in with a group of people who want to move them to Toronto? Do you think it's a ploy to get the promise of a new stadium in Buffalo? Most of their games are blacked out, so no TV revenue.

no I think they really want to move them to Toronto...they are talking new stadium up there...the people he's in with are billionaires up there...he's probably the "poor" guy in the group from what I hear...but he's got the name recognition...