PDA

View Full Version : If you could ask the Eagles to sing any Eagles song, what would it be?

sodascouts
12-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Let's say you've won a contest and the prize is that you get to pick any Eagles song for the Eagles to sing at a show. It doesn't matter if they've never done it live before, they have to perform whatever song in their catalog that you request. What would it be?

Troubadour
12-22-2008, 05:07 PM
This is HARD. I'll go with my first instinct though, and say that I would love to hear them do The Last Resort live now. It was one of the songs that started my love for The Eagles and Don, and it still has the same effect on me. Love the lyrics, love Don's voice, and I would no doubt cry my eyes out!

sodascouts
12-22-2008, 05:10 PM
I know, it's hard for me to even answer my own question!

I think I'd go with What Do I Do with My Heart, because it's right up there with Waiting in the Weeds as my fave on the new album and I'd love to hear how it sounds live.

eaglesvet
12-22-2008, 05:26 PM
So far, I agree with both of you. Those two songs entered my mind as definitely in the running. But, I think I'm going to go with You Never Cry Like a Lover. No, maybe Ol' 55. Well, let's just say one of those two, depending on my mood that day. That's the best I can do!:hmm:

chaleymom
12-22-2008, 05:49 PM
well - in keeping with the Christmas holiday - and I don't really care WHAT time of year it was - I would love to hear Don and the boys sing Please Come Home for Christmas. He would only have to ask me once .... "PLLEEEEEEAAASE come home for Christmas..... if not for Christmas, by New Years Night" LOL

Stars
12-22-2008, 06:04 PM
I would have to say "The Best of My Love", although "Ol 55" would be a close second (EV, that is a favorite of mine too!)
I love the harmonies in "Best of My Love", and in "Ol 55", I love how Glenn and Don trade parts. When Don comes in on "Stars beginning to fade", I start to swoon!:fainted:

Ive always been a dreamer
12-22-2008, 06:16 PM
Oh - this is easy for me. Without a doubt, it would be Seven Bridges Road. I would do 'just about anything' to hear this live. :wink: :nod:

The_Girl_Of_Summer
12-22-2008, 06:26 PM
I would also have to go with Best Of My Love

MikeA
12-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Oh - this is easy for me. Without a doubt, it would be Seven Bridges Road. I would do 'just about anything' to hear this live. :wink: :nod:

I'd have to go along with you IABAD with 7BR. I heard them do it several times on the early Farewell Tours but even back then, it wasn't a "sure thing". They pretty much had to be having a "good night" vocally to attempt it. But when they clicked on it...it was something very special.

eaglesvet
12-22-2008, 06:38 PM
:idea:Ooh, I just realized what a great concert set list we'll all be making up! So far, all the songs mentioned make my "Top __" list!

And Dreamer, realizing what type of Eagles memorabilia you have in your possession, I'm sure Glenn is wondering just what you wouldn't do to hear that song...:wink::censored:

Freypower
12-22-2008, 06:43 PM
What Do I Do With My Heart and I Love To Watch A Woman Dance.

In terms of the older songs that I have never seen performed, Seven Bridges Road and Ol'55 would be up there. So would Out Of Control and Outlaw Man.

But if I had to ask them to bring back a song they've dropped, it could only be New Kid In Town.

TimothyBFan
12-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Best Of My Love has always been one of my favorite songs. But I would also like to see them do King Of Hollywood just because I am curious on how they would do that. If Larry is with me I would have to ask for, yeah you all know what it is, I'm sorry to say, Disco Strangler. :?He loves that silly song!

Troubadour
12-22-2008, 06:58 PM
But I would also like to see them do King Of Hollywood just because I am curious on how they would do that.

Hearing Don say "yeah, we're gonna take care of you, darlin" live would probably kill me! :fainted:

Seven Bridges Road, Best Of My Love and You Never Cry Like A Lover came to my mind immediately too.

eaglesvet
12-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Soda, this is a great question. Surprised it hasn't ever come up before! I think quite a few of us might be :fainted: on more than one of these songs!

Glennsallnighter
12-22-2008, 07:31 PM
That a hard one! I know without hesitation that I would LOVE to see Glenn :heart: doing IDTWNW which I know he has done in solo gigs. As regards a song performed by the band......'What do I do with My Heart' is in there, as is 'Its Your World Now'.

Maleah
12-22-2008, 09:39 PM
Ooooooh tough question! I know it's not technically an Eagles song, but their HFO version is my favorite......I'd love to hear them do "Heart of the Matter" again. It means so much to me...I have no doubt I would bawl like a baby hearing it live.

Going solely to the band songs.......I'd love to hear What Do I Do With My Heart, Seven Bridges Road, Best Of My Love, Get Over It, and oddly enough I'd love to hear Don and Glenn do "Good Day In Hell." :lol:

Stars
12-22-2008, 09:39 PM
EV, I just got a funny mental picture of the Eagles doing all those special song requests, just for our little group, and all of us passed out on the floor in front of them!:fainted::rofl::yay:

Stars
12-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Just thought of another one I'd love to hear-"Saturday Night". Love Don's singing and the guys' harmonies on that-love the acoustic guitars too. I have a weakness for the acoustic guitar!;-)

sodascouts
12-22-2008, 09:47 PM
I'm with all of you guys - well, except "Disco Strangler." As Willie and Larry know, that one makes me cringe! Although honestly, seeing them perform such an awesomely bad song would be a hoot just for the comedic value.

I kept my initial pick to one and decided on WDIDWMH. However, when deciding, I thought of Ol' 55, Best of My Love, Seven Bridges Road, Outlaw Man, Out of Control, I Love to Watch a Woman Dance, You Are Not Alone, and I Dreamed There Was No War.

Prettymaid
12-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Fortunately in the three hours they played they fulfilled my requests! But if I have to pick a song I didn't get to hear (other than Last Good Time in Town) I would have to agree with Troub on this one - give me The Last Resort! Just thinking about Don's vocals on that one gives me goose bumps!

DonFan
12-22-2008, 09:59 PM
I'm with you, Maleah--I would LOVE to hear Good Day in Hell. That song rocks! I would also love to hear Seven Bridges Road, Best of My Love and WDIDWMH.

And I would dearly love to hear Don sing Please Come Home for Christmas live someday at a holiday concert. *sigh*

12-23-2008, 12:15 AM
This was a great idea for a thread, Soda. I only gave one song in my answer, but now I'm going to have to go back and give some thought for some others. When Maleah mentioned a solo song, I thought we could have a separate topic like this for all of the guys. I think I'll start a new thread for each of them. :wink:

AzEaglesFan
12-23-2008, 01:34 AM
The Best of My Love, my favorite Eagles song to date.

TimothyBFan
12-23-2008, 08:13 AM
Maleah reminded my of Get Over It--I love that song-such attitude and that would be fun to watch. I also agree about Heart of The Matter, but my favorite version, so far, is Christchurch--if Don would sing it like that, I would fall at his feet :fainted: and beg for more!!!

Brooke
12-23-2008, 12:31 PM
The first song that came to my mind when I read the question was "Out Of Control". I just love it on the old boot that I have. I think it's the Houston 76 one. Glenn really gets into it at the end especially! I nearly laugh, he is so cute there, but I love it. It's a rockin' song!

Next pic would be After The Thrill Is Gone. I love the trading parts between Don and Glenn and it's one of my faves.

And Seven Bridges Road would definitely be on my list.

wsccg
12-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Definitely Seven Bridges Road.

Peekaboo
01-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Seven Bridges Road is definitely at the top of my list here. Next would be Best Of My Love and Tequila Sunrise.

Brooke
01-08-2009, 05:20 PM
I just thought about doing a poll for this. Maybe the guys would get the hint to bring back an oldie or two for each concert. Just to mix it up a bit. Just for a surprise for the crowd. I know, I'm dreaming, but.....

So far, Seven Bridges Road is at the top of the list with 9 votes.

Best Of My Love is close behind with 8 votes.

What Do I Do With My Heart is next with 5 votes.

Personally, I would rather see some of the old songs brought back that they never do rather than adding any more new ones. But that's just me.

Can you hear us guys? Yoo hoo.........

TimothyBFan
01-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Personally, I would rather see some of the old songs brought back that they never do rather than adding any more new ones. But that's just me.

Can you hear us guys? Yoo hoo.........

WOW--that is almost EXACTLY what I just put in the Eagles Dreamlist topic!! Me too!!!!!

thelongrun
01-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Right now... KING OF HOLLYWOOD
Second, WDIDWMH - Acoustic:eyebrow:

Brooke
01-09-2009, 05:28 PM
WOW--that is almost EXACTLY what I just put in the Eagles Dreamlist topic!! Me too!!!!!

What's that about great minds, TBF?! :lol:

waynemills
11-03-2009, 04:05 PM
No second thought. Peaceful easy feeling!

cynd1231
11-03-2009, 04:31 PM
I'd have to agree with Seven Bridges Road...followed by Wasted Time, In The City and New York Minute.

Super Frey
11-03-2009, 04:59 PM
I'd have to ask them to sing Out Of Control, Last Resort, Outlaw Man, King Of Hollywood, Teenage Jail, and The Greeks Don't Want Know Freaks, and Seven Bridges Road, and Hole In The World. Is that too many to ask for?:band:

sodascouts
11-03-2009, 11:23 PM
No second thought. Peaceful easy feeling!

Ah, how I love that song!

And welcome, Wayne!

Koala
11-04-2009, 12:57 AM
OK, I would ask for Seven Bridges Road, Olī55, The Sad Cafe, What Do I Do With My Heart and Last Good Time In Town .

waynemills
11-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Thanks SODASCOUTS. It's great to find so many Eagles lovers. I've been a follower from the conception. I'll never forget the first time I heard an Eagles song on the radio. TAKE IT EASY played and I was hooked. I had to have more. That was the 8 track days. I'll be a fan till the sprinkle my ashes.

Fan_For_Life
11-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Welcome Wayne! I've been a fan for 30yrs, just about since my conception. :)
Since you mentioned it perhaps I'll have in my will to cremate me with my Eagles music.

waynemills
11-04-2009, 04:13 PM
I'm sorry FAN FOR LIFE, I was talking about The Eagles' conception, not mine. I remember when the first album came out. I bought it and wore it out. Lucky I had another copy in 8 track in my car. I was 16 at the time and life was Great. I'm a musician and have played in many bands. It always pleasured me to play anything by The Eagles. Those days have past and I run my son crazy with Eagles music. The wife is like me, she loves Eagles also. You might say it brought us together.

Prettymaid
11-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Welcome waynemills from NC. Good to have you here!

GlennLover
11-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Welcome to The Border!!

Fan_For_Life
11-05-2009, 09:21 AM
I'm sorry FAN FOR LIFE, I was talking about The Eagles' conception, not mine.

I know whose conception you were referring too, I was just kidding about me being a fan almost since I was born. :hilarious: My mother was/is a fan but not as dedicated as I am. She was part of the reason I'm an Eagle's fan.

TimothyBFan
11-05-2009, 09:24 AM
I'll be a fan till the sprinkle my ashes.

:hilarious: That's good!! Welcome Wayne from me also!

11-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Wecome from your neighbor to the north, Wayne. I'm another one who always has been and always will be a diehard Eagles fan.

And as far as this topic goes - I only originally answered the question with one song - Seven Bridges Road. If I could pick a few others, it would be the Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise, The Best of My Love, After the Thrill Is Gone, What Do I Do With My Heart, and I Dreamed There Was No War. Other than the last song, I've never heard any of these live, so that's why I chose them.

waynemills
11-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Thank you, Pretty Maid.

waynemills
11-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Thanks to all of you. Wow! I feel like I've got another family. It's great to get to hear your thoughts on this great band.