PDA

View Full Version : If you could ask Joe to sing any non-Eagles song in a solo show, what would it be?

Ive always been a dreamer
12-23-2008, 12:31 AM
After Soda started a similar thread about the Eagles, I thought it would be fun to have a topic for all of the guys. The only difference is that you can include Joe's solo material or covers. Gotta get back to ya on my answer.

EagleLady
12-23-2008, 12:35 AM
I'd say Walk Away

JoeFan
12-23-2008, 05:54 AM
Indian Summer.

MikeA
12-23-2008, 07:02 AM
That one was EASY for me. "The Confessor". I've seen him do that one acoustically and it is without doubt an incredible thing to see and hear!

TimothyBFan
12-23-2008, 08:44 AM
All of you that know what I did during Joe Walsh Survivor are going to laugh or want to kill me one, but I would love to see him do Help Me Through The Night. Ordinary Average Guy would be fun also.

wsccg
12-23-2008, 09:07 AM
I'd love to see him play Help Me Through The Night, Rosewood Bitters or Falling Down.

(Good topic!):yay:

Prettymaid
12-23-2008, 10:59 AM
All of you that know what I did during Joe Walsh Survivor are going to laugh or want to kill me one, but I would love to see him do Help Me Through The Night. Ordinary Average Guy would be fun also.

Ahem, let's not even go there Willie! ;-)

The sad thing about this is I saw Joe August of 2007 at the Illinois State Fair, but I wasn't familiar with his solo stuff at the time. I don't even remember the set list! I do remember before we drove over there I was playing just his stuff from HFO and F1. I had already fallen in love with Help Me Thru the Night and I know for a fact that he did not do that one. I think he did Pretty Maids All in A Row. Before we took off for the fair we stopped and bought Joe Walsh's Greatest Hits:Little Did He Know, and listened to it on the drive over. I do remember him doing Life In the Fast Lane, but he did not do the vocal. He had a male backup singer do it. And I'm sure he did Walk Away, my favorite Joe song.

Anyway, I would like to hear Help Me Thru the Night and perhaps Tend My Garden - I like that one.

wsccg
12-23-2008, 12:26 PM
Oh, Tend My Garden is a good one. I have a recording from the 2007 (or was it 2001) tour where he plays that and it's fantastic. Not quiet the same as actually being there to see it, but hearing it being played live is neat! That would have to go on the wish list too.

ticky
12-23-2008, 12:36 PM
If I could ask Joe to play anything I'd want to hear Comin' Down acoustically. It's such a simple song, but really beautiful and the melody is almost sad.

But Tend My Garden is a very good choice also Indian Summer (after hearing it on the Steve Dahl show)

12-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Okay - I want to stick with just one song here as I did for the other guy. I saw Joe in Atlantic City in July '07 and he did most of all my favorite songs. Indian Summer was awesome, as were all of them. There were a few missing that I would like to have seen, and of those, the one I would have like to have seen most is Help Me Thru the Night.

Prettymaid
12-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Okay - I want to stick with just one song here as I did for the other guy. I saw Joe in Atlantic City in July '07 and he did most of all my favorite songs. Indian Summer was awesome, as were all of them. There were a few missing that I would like to have seen, and of those, the one I would have like to have seen most is Help Me Thru the Night.

Dreamer, since you saw Joe only one month before I did there's a good chance the set list was the same or similar. You wouldn't happen to have that, would you?

12-23-2008, 02:17 PM
Why, of course, we do, PM. :wink: Here is the thread:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482

MikeA
12-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Why, of course, we do, PM. :wink: Here is the thread:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482

Do you happen to remember the name of his band Dreamer? I've seen him twice fairly recently (3 and 4 years ago). He played the Hard Rock in Vegas with "Stone Temple Pilot". They were awesome! Then he played with Fox and Peters (i.e., The James Gang) at House of Blues at Mandalay Bay in Vegas.

Freypower
12-23-2008, 05:09 PM
I saw Help Me Through The Night in 1995 with the Eagles.

I would like Second Hand Store or Rosewood Bitters. However, I was listening to Welcome To The Club the other day. I think that is a good song which would work live.

Prettymaid
12-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Do you happen to remember the name of his band Dreamer? I've seen him twice fairly recently (3 and 4 years ago). He played the Hard Rock in Vegas with "Stone Temple Pilot". They were awesome! Then he played with Fox and Peters (i.e., The James Gang) at House of Blues at Mandalay Bay in Vegas.

At the state fair Grand Funk Railroad was supposed to open for him, but after we purchased our tickets they cancelled (or something). I think the opening band was called JD and the Straight Shots or something like that. What was cool was during their set (and don't ask me what the song was) Joe, very unassumingly came out and played keyboard for them, stood up, gave a wave and left the stage. But I don't think they backed him up. I just can't remember!

AzEaglesFan
12-23-2008, 08:48 PM
I think Indian Summer is one of his better solo songs

MikeA
12-23-2008, 10:36 PM
I think the opening band was called JD and the Straight Shots

Straight Shots are a great Blues Band PM. They opened at Mandalay Bay for him with the James Gang! But at Hard Rock the year before, Stone Temple Pilots were his backing band and they were exceptional in their own right! I would recommend either of those bands as a GOOD OUTING even without Joe...but of course, Joe does add just a little exceptionalism himself! <smile>

12-24-2008, 12:49 AM

Mike, I don't recall Joe mentioning the name of the band. Quite honestly, I got the impression that it was just some musicians that Joe had put together for his 'mini tour'. He actually joked that he would introduce them, but he couldn't remember their names. He did introduce the musicians later in the show, but, again, I don't believe he mentioned any band name.

sodascouts
12-24-2008, 01:00 AM
For me, Turn to Stone. so awesome!

MikeA
12-24-2008, 08:05 AM
Mike, I don't recall Joe mentioning the name of the band. Quite honestly, I got the impression that it was just some musicians that Joe had put together for his 'mini tour'. He actually joked that he would introduce them, but he couldn't remember their names. He did introduce the musicians later in the show, but, again, I don't believe he mentioned any band name.

Thanks Dreamer. I guess that's one of the great perks of fame...EVERYBODY knows your licks, still, it does take a little time to put together a group that is tight enough to put on a concert.