Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Me and the kids :D

ticky
12-23-2008, 07:46 PM
If I dont make it on tomorrow ...
http://tickypages.com/picturebin/myspacexmas.jpg

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Freypower
12-23-2008, 07:49 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Down Under. I probably won't be around much in the next week or so as my husband is on holidays.

TimothyBFan
12-23-2008, 08:07 PM
I know I probably wont make it on for a couple of days so I wanted to be sure and wish all of you and your loved ones a Very Merry Christmas from my family and I. God Bless you all and keep you all happy and healthy!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!!!!

EagleLady
12-23-2008, 08:09 PM
Awww Rhonda is that Sarah? What an adorable pic

Prettymaid
12-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Merry Christmas from me as well.

Once again, you guys are the best! :grouphug:

ticky
12-23-2008, 08:35 PM
Awww Rhonda is that Sarah? What an adorable pic

tis, and thanks! :D

Troubadour
12-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Merry Christmas guys and gals! I hope you have a fantastic day with friends and family. I wish you all lots of luck, health and happiness for 2009, and thank you for being such a lovely group of people. :cheers:

EagleLady
12-23-2008, 08:38 PM
:grouphug: Merry Christmas my friends, I am blessed to be able to know each and everyone of you, and that we share the same bond with the admiration of our boys.

SweetHolly
12-23-2008, 08:43 PM
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, y'all!

Littlemelly9
12-23-2008, 09:18 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!

eaglesvet
12-23-2008, 09:39 PM
About to start a marathon of wrapping, food shopping, cooking, wrapping, church, visiting, then staying up half the night on Christmas Eve finding all the hidden presents and getting them under the tree (some still needing wrapping)... :crazy: BUT before I do, just wanted to say to my friends across the country AND across the world (how cool :cool: is that)--

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009!!!

thelongrun
12-23-2008, 09:59 PM
Well it's about time so,

Feliz Navidad y un próspero Año nuevo 2009!

My best to you all, blessings:lol:

Ive always been a dreamer
12-24-2008, 01:37 AM
Merry Christmas to all you Border members!!!

AzEaglesFan
12-24-2008, 02:26 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE
"ON THE BORDER"

Tessa
12-24-2008, 02:52 AM
In Austria we celebrate Christmas today!

I wish you all a beautiful Christmas!

I'm off until next week!

http://wuerziworld.de/Smilies/par/par41.gif

MikeA
12-24-2008, 08:00 AM
A Very
Merry Christmas
to all of you guys!

chaleymom
12-24-2008, 09:33 AM
"For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given.... and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

I wish you all great blessings, good health and happiness this Christmas and throughout the new year!

Merry Christmas!!!

DonFan
12-24-2008, 10:37 AM
Merry Christmas to all my friends here on The Border!

"Friends and relations sing salutations
sure as the stars shine above
For this is Christmas, Christmas my dear
The time of year to be with the one you love. . . .

Please come home for Christmas...
pleeeease come home for Christmas...
if not for Christmas, by New Years' night!"

Stars
12-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Wishing you all a blessed Christmas and a very Happy New Year!
I am so grateful for all of you-may you all have the best of everything, now and always.:grouphug:

sodascouts
12-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Merry Christmas and joy to everyone! Let me reiterate how grateful I am for this community and the special people here.

I leave you with my favorite Christmas carol that always lifts my spirits when I'm feeling down (and I know this has been a hard year for many).

I heard the bells on Christmas day
Their old familiar carols play
And mild and sweet the words repeat
Of peace on earth, good will to men.

I thought how as the day had come
The belfries of all Christendom
Had rolled along the unbroken song
Of peace on earth, good will to men.

And in despair I bowed my head:
"There is no peace on earth," I said,
"For hate is strong, and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,
With peace on earth, good will to men."

'Til ringing, singing on its way,
The world revolved from night to day,
A voice, a chime, a chant sublime,
Of peace on earth, good will to men!

Merry Christmas!
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/holiday/peaceonearth.gif

Stephanie
12-24-2008, 02:57 PM
I've been away for awhile and just stopped in to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy 2009!!

Merry Christmas

rickmullen
12-24-2008, 04:58 PM
Merry Christmas to everyone!

It's been a pleasure hanging around here the past few months.

Oh, and have a Happy New Year, too. (a little early)

Rick

StephUK
12-24-2008, 05:39 PM
WISHING YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS.

Love from

Steph

Peekaboo
12-24-2008, 09:04 PM
Happy Holidays to all of the wonderful people that i've met and chatted with on here!!! It's been such a pleasure getting to know and talk to other fans of the greatest band in the world. May you all have a wonderful holiday and a very Happy New Year.

glenneaglesfan
12-25-2008, 07:32 AM
Hubby is working a three hour shift this morning. The turkey is in the oven, the veg prepared, the fire lit and pressies around the tree.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/Devon/IMG_4815.jpg

Merry Christmas to everyone on the Border!!

EasyFeeling
12-25-2008, 08:15 AM
Merry Christmas to everyone on The Border :grouphug:

http://images.zwani.com/graphics/christmas/images/3magicalxmas.gif

Stars
12-25-2008, 08:42 AM
GEF, My hubby is also working this morning-it's about a three hour shift for him too! Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas, and all the best for 2009!:thumbsup:

EagleLady
12-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Merry Christmas everyone!

Wildthyme
12-25-2008, 01:19 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

Glennsallnighter
12-25-2008, 06:37 PM
GEF, your hearth looks like its straight out of a Christmas card! While MY hubby is driving his dad home, let me too wish everyone a very Happy Christmas, and to those experiencing difficulties, you too are in my thoughts and prayers this special day!

Toonlass
12-26-2008, 09:47 AM
A belated Merry Christmas to everyone on the border, hope you have all had a lovely time and are stuffed still from your Christmas dinners!

Brooke
12-26-2008, 04:07 PM
ticky, your daughter is adorable in that picture you posted. How cute!

And gef, your fireside scene is beautiful!

I wished everyone a Merry Christmas in another thread a few days ago, but since we now have this thread, here it is again! Hope everyone had a great time with family and friends.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/hh2.png

tbs fanatic
12-26-2008, 06:03 PM
A belated HAPPY HOLIDAYS from me too. I have eaten waaaay too much and am vowing to whip myself into shape - but not until the new year (which gives me a few more days of pigging out :rofl:).

Freypower
12-26-2008, 08:46 PM
We had our usual Christmas with my daughter being given lots of Nintendo DS games and Roald Dahl DVDs. I got some books and T shirts and as usual gave my husband DVDs and a lovely set of brandy balloons. Yesterday (Boxing Day) we went to my mother's. We got her a new mini hi fi with an iPod dock so she was forced to listen to my Top 100 songs playlist. I hope all Borderers enjoyed Christmas.

Mrs Henley
12-27-2008, 02:37 AM
Merry 3rd day of Christmas! (got to make something of it, lol)

We stayed at home and listened to Christmas songs and just had some nice diner that evening. And at Boxing Day we went out for diner with my grandmother to a Chinese restaurant. I didn't had a really great Christmas, because I was the days before Christmas really sick and didn't had engery enough to be really up at Christmas.

Oh and a tip,.. never go to a Chinese restaurant if you have problems with your stomach :(

Brooke
12-27-2008, 05:02 PM
Awww, I'm sorry you were sick over Christmas, Mrs H.

I wasn't too well myself. Just a bit of a bug that made me not want to eat much. I LOVE the turkey, stuffing, noodles, and all the trimmings, but couldn't really over do it like normal. I guess in the end it was a good thing. Now I won't have to diet to get back to normal!

Glennsallnighter
12-27-2008, 08:48 PM
Aww, Danielle and Brooke, I hope you are bothe feeling better now.

Ticky, that is a gorgeous picture of Sarah in the snow.

I hope everybody here had a great Christmas and had plenty of time to enjoy the season.

Christmas morning the kids were up about 7:15 which was quite civilised. Theirmain presents which Santa left were DS consoles with 3 games each a Care Bear for Laura and 'Buzz LightYear' for Chris. As well as plenty of candy and other stocking fillers.

As once again Glenn :heart: failed to materialise in my stocking this year I was given a laptop from hubby and a Satnav from the kids. I spent much of the day cooking but the meal turned out well which I was thankful for.

Yesterday we went to my parents and collected even more pressies, most notable a Ticket master voucher for €100 from my parents and the HFO songbook from my sister. As well as a HUGE number of chocolates. Hubby's brother and his family came over last night. Today we just rested and I made soup out of the remaining Turkey and Ham, as we are tired of the same dinner 3 days in a row, but I will NOT waste food!

glenneaglesfan
12-28-2008, 06:36 PM
GA, I got a new laptop too. And that Ticketmaster voucher sounds good! I've been exercising my brain trying to transfer my itunes, but have finally cracked it. We also have a new printer which is wireless - finally an end to transferring everything on a memory stick. I've finally got a dvd rewriter, so shouldn't have to rely on my son any more!

Glennsallnighter
12-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Well done on your laptop and other accessories GEF! I hope you get many years of success out of them, and that they make your cyber life less complicated.

Myself and the kids tried out the Satnav earlier. This girl gave directions in a rather 'cultured' and soothing voice. However she also kept cutting across 'The Best of Glenn :heart: Frey' much to Lauras annoyance. However she made a VERY good suggestion

'Mammy, its a pity we couldn't just get Glenn :heart: to do the directions on this'

I totally agree Laura!!

DonFan
12-29-2008, 01:10 AM
I hope everyone who was under the weather is feeling better now, and I hope everyone had a blessed holiday.

Personally, I am feeling FAT. I have eaten so much good food at parties and at my mother's house during this holiday season--ham, smoked turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, cheesecake, sugar cookies--that I am about to faint dead away. :fainted:
Too much good food! Now is the time to :stop:eating and start dieting, because my Eagles concert here in Birmingham is less than a month away. I don't know if I will be able to drop these extra pounds that quickly but I am surely going to try, since I have excellent motivation. 8)

By the way, hubby surprised me with a big fat check in my stocking with "For Eagles tickets" printed on it. He said, "I figured you would appreciate that more than any other gift." What a nice guy!

TimothyBFan
12-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Oh Right DF---You have a good hubby!!!!

Brooke
12-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Wow, DF! What a cool hubby! :guitar:

Ive always been a dreamer
12-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Gosh DF - You've got hubby trained better than I thought - VERY impressive!!! :wink: :D

DonFan
12-29-2008, 01:02 PM
I know--I was VERY surprised. He is a sweetheart most of the time but he usually isn't that understanding about my Eagles obsession. He must have been full of "Christmas cheer"! :cheers:

TimothyBFan
12-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Maybe he has finally just resigned himself! My husband's outlook is-why fight it-just go with it and know that I'm all his in the end :hilarious:.

DonFan
12-29-2008, 01:16 PM
That is exactly right, TBF! :hilarious:

Glennsallnighter
12-31-2008, 04:37 AM
I know exactly how you feel DF. I too feel rather Fat and am squeezing into my clothes. Time for some corrective action!!

Gosh your hubby really was rather sweet!! Well done.