PDA

View Full Version : Joe's Christmas Gift for Ringo Starr

sodascouts
12-25-2008, 11:28 PM
According to ContactMusic.com (http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/fascinating%20festive%20fact_1090241):

"THE EAGLES star JOE WALSH has hired a Chicago, Illinois artist to paint the likenesses of THE BEATLES on four chairs - as a Christmas gift for RINGO STARR."

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

EagleLady
12-25-2008, 11:31 PM
Wow, That is really cool of Joe to do.

MikeA
12-27-2008, 07:08 AM
Maybe with intimate friends and family, Ringo is not nearly so reluctant to acknowledge his experiences with the "Beatles"! I think he is just burned out on talking about "Beatles" to the public.

EagleLady
12-27-2008, 10:55 AM
I don't see why he should be, he can't hide the fact he was with the biggest group from the sixties.

MikeA
12-27-2008, 11:31 AM
I don't see why he should be, he can't hide the fact he was with the biggest group from the sixties.

Yeah, actually probably the most musically significant group of all time! They really did revolutionize Popular Music and influenced culture like no other band has ever done. You can argue their musical ability as compared to other bands, but I don't think you can compare any other band that has ever been to them as far as IMPACT on music and culture.

And Ringo is sick of talking about it. He's wanted to "move on" but the press and public are far more interested in what he "has been" than what "He is".

EagleLady
12-27-2008, 11:40 AM
I don't blame him there.

Prettymaid
12-27-2008, 04:35 PM
It does give sort of an insider's look at the relationship between Joe and Ringo. I would initially think that it's a corny gift, but Joe knows Ringo well and I'm sure he wouldn't be going to the trouble if it wasn't something he knows Ringo will enjoy. Heck, I would love to see it!

EagleLady
12-27-2008, 04:43 PM
a corny gift? I would say not :dizzy:

AzEaglesFan
12-28-2008, 01:50 AM
At $1700. it must be a real work of art.

ticky
12-28-2008, 12:46 PM
I think Ringo just wants to sit on Paul's head *G* It is kind of a weird thing.. I mean I can see a painting of the band, or even a real tasteful but useful piece of furnishing, but chairs? hmmm.. I guess I'd have to see it before I make a final judgement. It is a very thoughtful idea tho

wsccg
12-28-2008, 02:16 PM
Maybe it was an outrageously expensive white elephant gift. My family does this kind of thing (but with a 5 dollar limit!).:laugh:

Prettymaid
12-29-2008, 06:33 PM
I think Ringo just wants to sit on Paul's head *G* It is kind of a weird thing.. I mean I can see a painting of the band, or even a real tasteful but useful piece of furnishing, but chairs? hmmm.. I guess I'd have to see it before I make a final judgement. It is a very thoughtful idea tho

I just realized that I misunderstood the initial post as to what the gift was. I thought Joe was giving Ringo a painting of the four Beatles sitting on chairs! I just now reread it and now I get it - the four Beatles on chairs! Weird!

tbs fanatic
12-30-2008, 04:47 PM
Ha! I thought exactly the same thing. Either way I think it's an odd choice but maybe there is some 'inside joke' going on.

EagleLady
12-30-2008, 04:49 PM
It's the thought that counts.