PDA

View Full Version : Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Fan_For_Life
11-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Heart of the Matter on Lite 96.1, don't get to hear that one on the radio that often.

glenneaglesfan
11-12-2009, 08:13 PM
I've been away for so long I'd forgotten about this thread, and as I type Take It Easy has just come on Absolute Classic Rock!!

The same programme played What Do I Do With My Heart a couple of weeks ago. While I was quietly & happily transported to another place, my son said " Is this the Eagles?" Good man!!

I've started listening to Radio 2 in the car, and I was amazed to catch the end of YBTTC one afternoon - only the second time I've heard it on a public broadcast, and strangely thrilling!

TimothyBFan
11-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Listening to the Classic Rewind channel on Sirius and they just played At The Station by Joe Walsh. Don't believe I've ever heard it on the radio before. :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
11-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Just heard Hotel California on the short drive home for lunch. I was thinking about what was said in another thread about hearing HC to death. What I tend to do with songs like HC now is just listen closely to one part only. For example, today I listened to just the bass. Sometimes I listen to the duel guitars and sometimes I listen to Don's beautiful lead vocals and other times I listen to the harmonies. It helps you appreciate the song even more!

SweetHolly
11-13-2009, 06:32 PM
I was at the dollar store on Wednesday and I heard Please Come Home For Christmas. I hadn't heard that song in forever.

EagleLady
11-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Take It Easy just came on :inlove:

Stars
12-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Yesterday I heard "Sunset Grill" in a bicycle shop, of all places! What a nice surprise!:thumbsup:

Koala
12-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Today I was at the dentist, I go only 2 times in the year to the preventive medical examinations, which are important for the health insurance companies, so if they pay if something with the teeth.I have fear of the dentist stupid I know but I can do anything about it!
Anyway, I was sitting in the waiting room and what I heard One More Mile!!!!!:):):)That made everything much more bearable!

TimothyBFan
12-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Wow- You actually heard Timothy's One More Mile? How cool is that!!!

sodascouts
12-03-2009, 01:46 PM
Wow! Amazing!

Koala
12-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Wow- You actually heard Timothy's One More Mile? How cool is that!!!
Yeah, it was really cool,I was totally surprised, I never expected this or another song by Timothy to hear somewhere, since not even be the Eagles or other solo stuff (Don / Glenn) frequently in the radio to be played.

Prettymaid
12-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Koala, I can't believe you heard One More Mile at the dentist's! Maybe they want you to think you are hearing the words "One More Smile"! :mrgreen:

This morning at work I called a business client and was put on hold to the joyful noise of Please Come Home For Christmas. Unfortunately I wasn't left on hold for very long! :sigh:

sodascouts
12-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Unfortunately I wasn't left on hold for very long! :sigh:

This is a phrase rarely heard! lol

TimothyBFan
12-07-2009, 08:39 AM
Hubby & I were walking thru the grocery store yesterday and I stopped cold---heard How Long playing overhead! Not one we hear very often anywhere. Cool!

Stars
01-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Today I was shopping with hubby in the Goodwill, and much to my amazement, "Waiting in the Weeds" started playing!! I know I must have had a HUGE grin on my face, and what a thrill to hear the entire song! I have always loved that song so much, and it had been a while since I heard it. It's even more beautiful today, then when I first heard it on the album, a few years ago!:heart:

sodascouts
01-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Got a huge grin on my face when I heard You Belong to the City on the car radio yesterday!

EagleLady
01-08-2010, 01:31 PM
I heard Boys of Summer on the ride to Walmart this morning :inlove:

EasyFeeling
01-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Radio is just playing The End Of The Innocence :inlove:

Ive always been a dreamer
01-10-2010, 08:04 PM
I was in the grocery store last night and heard True Love over their intercom system. I don't remember the last time I heard that one in a store, but I sure wasn't complaining! :thumbsup:

Peekaboo
01-11-2010, 09:42 AM
Sometimes it's hard to hear the music playing at work with all of the slots, people talking, and chips being played with but last night they had the volume up louder than usual so I was able to hear the music perfectly. I got a triple dose last night. First, I heard I Hear You Knocking and thought of Glenn then right after that song they played A Life Of Illusion. Later in the night I heard The Long Run. And to end my night, I heard Life In The Fast Lane during my 5 minute drive home from work.

01-11-2010, 02:41 PM
Wow Peek - that's a pretty impressive dose of Eagles in one evening. You're gonna have to try to listen a little closer at work! :wink:

cynd1231
01-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Not a direct "Eagles" song but too funny all the same....

Settled in lastnight to watch some television, turned on Cold Case for lack of anything else that caught my interest. One of the early scenes was a 1960's flashback to a party with a bunch of hippie-types and the music they used was The James Gangs' "Walk Away"....couldn't help myself, had to sing along!

sodascouts
01-18-2010, 01:00 PM
That's great! lol

Shadowland07
01-18-2010, 01:05 PM
i work at a cafe in Carmel, and yesterday during a small lunch rush and i heard the opening bass line of One of These Nights!!! I sang that song the whole time i was helping customers :)

Troubadour
01-20-2010, 11:48 AM
I was listening to my ipod on the bus home from work just now, and I randomly decided to put the radio on (I don't think I've ever listened to the radio on my ipod.) Guess what song greeted me? One of These Nights! It was at the 'I can feel her but she's nowhere in sight' part. Made my day!

DonFan
01-24-2010, 04:17 PM
I don't exactly know where to post this, so I will do it here.

My husband and I were having dinner with a group of friends last night to cheer up one friend whose mother had just passed away. We were all talking and laughing about funny things that happen at the most unexpected times. My husband said that his eldest sister was a huge Elvis fan and when she died, she requested that they play songs from Elvis' Gospel album, so when we walked into the chapel for her funeral, they were playing Elvis singing "How Great Thou Art."
Well, my friend knows that I am a huge Eagles fan so she said, "We will have to play Eagles songs at Dana's funeral," and started singing "Already Gone." Everyone burst into laughter. :rofl:

sodascouts
01-24-2010, 09:02 PM
LOL!!!!!

GlennLover
01-25-2010, 06:25 PM
One day last week I had a meeting that I was very apprehensive about. I was quite worried as it was possible that the meeting itself & the outcome could be quite unpleasant. My clock radio woke me up that day to the sound of "Take It Easy". (My favorite son of all time!) That set the tone for the day & I approached the meeting with less apprehension. It turned out to be a pleasant & positive experience.

"Don't let the sound of your own wheels make you crazy!" :thumbsup:

sodascouts
01-25-2010, 07:34 PM
What a great story! Glad things went well.

TimothyBFan
01-26-2010, 07:59 AM
GL--Love it. Isn't it amazing the way music can change your whole frame of mind?

Prettymaid
01-26-2010, 08:50 AM
GL, glad you put two and two together! ;-)

Stars
01-29-2010, 06:26 PM
I wasn't sure where to post this one, but I was kind of hearing Eagles' songs unexpectedly! I work in a library, and a couple months ago someone left their Eagles Greatest Hits CD somewhere in the library! Can you imagine leaving that CD behind??:woah: At any rate, we put it in the Lost and Found, as it had no name on it. Today, I decided it had been in there long enough, so "borrowed" it to listen to on the way home from work!:grooving:

Brooke
02-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Yesterday in a McDonalds I heard I Don't Want To Hear Anymore! Don't think I've ever heard it on the radio before!

GlennLover
02-07-2010, 08:44 PM
I went into the Canadian equivalent to TJ Max the other night & POMPOY was playing! Made my evening!

Troubadour
02-07-2010, 09:21 PM
I had the ballads disc of Selected Works on in the car today. When I took it out to change the CD over, the radio came on and How Long was playing. Constant Eagles! Heaven.

EagleLady
02-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Yesterday while on the way home from Books A Million, I heard Peaceful Easy Feeling on the radio :thumbsup:

Koala
02-08-2010, 01:59 AM
Today morning when I turned on the radio, I heard No More Walks In The Wood!!!! :)

Glennsallnighter
02-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Yesterday in a McDonalds I heard I Don't Want To Hear Anymore! Don't think I've ever heard it on the radio before!

Oh? They play it a lot on our 'Country Mix' radio quite a lot and have been doing since last Summer. At least once a day.

cynd1231
02-09-2010, 02:23 AM
Not once, not even twice, but THREE times in the past week. First time I had stopped at Subway and was serenaded in the door and thru my purchase to the refrain of "TAKE IT EASY"....then two days later I was in the supermarket and realized I was humming along to "PEACEFUL EASY FEEING" play on their musak. Saturday I ran into our neighborhood dollar store to pick up a few incidental cleaning supplies when I heard "TELQUILA SUNRISE" and when I came out my favorite contemporary station was playing "PARACHUTE". (Just to keep the momentum going, I popped Farewell I into my DVD player yesterday while I was killing time waiting for the Superbowl to begin!)

TimothyBFan
02-09-2010, 08:07 AM
and when I came out my favorite contemporary station was playing "PARACHUTE".

Finally-someone that's heard it on the radio!! :thumbsup: to your radio station!!!

luvthelighthouse
02-11-2010, 04:02 PM
In the car flipping stations and I hear the last notes of In The City. I don't turn it off, because I thought the DJ would make a comment on the Eagles. However, I hear static then the opening of Disco Strangler! Of course I have to stay tuned for the next song... I wait 'til DS is over, hear static like an LP and on comes King of Hollywood! The DJ comes on after KOH and says, some stuff like, "great final album they left us for their first go around (no mention of LROE). We just hear the first side of TLR on vinyl play Thursday, etc" I was bummed I missed ICTYW, but it was cool to hear the others.

Then, no joke, I change the station and I tune into the middle of One of These Nights. :thumbsup:

Nice ride home, eh?

02-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Very nice ride home indeed, ltl!!!

I know this may seem weird to some, but I had a very pleasant visit to the dentist today. While sitting in the dentist chair, Leather and Lace came on. Then shortly after that they played New Kid In Town. I told the dentist that he shouldn't play such good music if he didn't want to get bit. I mean it's hard to sing along with all those instruments in your mouth. :grin:

Prettymaid
02-11-2010, 07:04 PM
and when I came out my favorite contemporary station was playing "PARACHUTE".

Parachute on the radio??!!!?? Woo hoo! :partytime:

sodascouts
02-11-2010, 07:12 PM
I wanna hear Eagles LPs on the radio and songs in the dentist office! I wanna hear Parachute on the radio! Some folks have all the luck. ;)

glenneaglesfan
02-11-2010, 07:14 PM
I'm pleased to say that BBC Radio 2 have been playing Parachute regularly, and it's given me a nice fix on the journey home from work. Not only the Timthy interview last week, but now they have announced three UK dates for Timothy live!

http://www.timothybschmit.com/home.php?content=tour

Also, a few days ago they played New York Minute - a real surprise and a nice reminder of HFO!

TimothyBFan
02-12-2010, 08:25 AM
Sounds as if the UK radio stations have jumped onto Parachute. It's a shame the US radio stations haven't done the same. I wonder why?

sodascouts
02-12-2010, 11:36 AM
So glad to hear he's getting his props in the UK!

Prettymaid
02-12-2010, 06:41 PM
He so deserves it - Parachute's a great song!

Stars
02-19-2010, 06:30 PM
Heard "Boys of Summer" on the way to work today-now that put me in a great mood!:heart::applause::smile:

Troubadour
02-19-2010, 07:21 PM
'Somebody' was on the radio when I was on my way to work the other morning. Great start to the day!

Prettymaid
02-19-2010, 08:09 PM
I never hear Somebody on the radio here... :-(

Troubadour
02-20-2010, 03:54 PM
It was a first for me, PM. Although my local radio station is pretty good. It often plays BBF, How Long and Boys Of Summer. I nearly died when I heard Not Enough Love In The World a few weeks ago!

Glennsallnighter
02-20-2010, 06:47 PM
'Somebody' was on the radio when I was on my way to work the other morning. Great start to the day!

It WAS!!!!! I'd die to hear 'Somebody' live!!

SweetHolly
02-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Yesterday I turned on my radio and I heard All She Wants To Do Is Dance on the oldies station. I was like what's going on, they never play Eagles solo songs but I was happy.

Brooke
03-04-2010, 03:25 PM
During the opening part of CSI Miami Monday night Life of Illusion was playing. It sounded like Joe, but I couldn't be positive.

Troubadour
03-05-2010, 03:15 PM
How Long was playing in a shop named Wilkinsons today. Every time I hear it, I just think of the beginning of an Eagles concert. The lights going up and those guys strumming away... Oh, the excitement!

Prettymaid
03-05-2010, 04:15 PM
It won't be long until you see it for yourself again, Troub!

Stars
03-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Hubby and I were just starting to leave a department store tonight, when "Hole in the World" started! I said, "Oh, no, I suppose we have to leave without hearing it!" Hubby kind of rolled his eyes and said, "Do you want to keep walking around til it ends??" I could tell he was in a hurry to leave, so we left.:-(
I hope I don't get banished from the board!;-)

UK TimFan
03-06-2010, 11:49 PM
Hubby and I were just starting to leave a department store tonight, when "Hole in the World" started! I said, "Oh, no, I suppose we have to leave without hearing it!" Hubby kind of rolled his eyes and said, "Do you want to keep walking around til it ends??" I could tell he was in a hurry to leave, so we left.:-(
You're OK Stars, :hug: but hubby better not raise his head here. :machinegun:
Mine would have been told to go on ahead as I'd 'forgotten something'. :)

03-07-2010, 11:34 AM

OMG Stars - I don't think this would be considered a bannable offense, however, this type of behavior is highly discouraged on The Border. Hopefully, you have learned your lesson, and will be prepared to do the right thing in the future! :lol:

The key is to start our young men out early and teach them well like pueblo's neighbor. :wink: :nod:

Stars
03-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Thanks so much for not banishing me from the Border!:) I promise to uphold my sacred duty to listen to the ENTIRE Eagles song before exiting the store next time this happens!!:hilarious:

Prettymaid
03-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Thanks so much for not banishing me from the Border!:) I promise to uphold my sacred duty to listen to the ENTIRE Eagles song before exiting the store next time this happens!!:hilarious:

The secret is in tricking the hubbies by making them think you forgot something.

Example: Darn! I forgot that I wanted to look at pillows! Guess I'll just have to go back... :wink:

TimothyBFan
03-08-2010, 08:28 AM
Carla--Isn't it wonderful to have a husband that at least asked? I know Larry has done the same thing! How sweet they are.

Stars
03-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Yes! TBF, you are so right-it is wonderful to have a hubby who at least asked! I know Mike is NOT a big Eagles fan-he did go see them once and complained about several songs-:hilarious:-but he is considerate of me when an Eagles song comes on in a store or on the radio.:thumbsup: I am sure we would have heard the entire song if it had started just a little bit earlier!:)

Koala
03-16-2010, 09:40 AM
I do not believe my ears, at work, I heard today Life In The Fast Lane! My work room is next to a music room and
there they first played LITFL of our guys and then the students have tried to play it! And this was not bad!!!:)

Prettymaid
03-16-2010, 09:54 AM
I do not believe my ears, at work, I heard today Life In The Fast Lane! My work room is next to a music room and
there they first played LITFL of our guys and then the students have tried to play it! And this was not bad!!!:)

Sounds like they're teaching them right! :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
03-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Cool school Koala!!!

Troubadour
03-16-2010, 03:18 PM
One Of These Nights was playing in the launderette in EastEnders last night!

GlennLover
03-16-2010, 11:55 PM

Glad to hear that they're learning the "classics" :wink:!

Stars
03-17-2010, 06:05 PM
"Part of Me, Part of You" started playing today while hubby and I were wandering around the supermarket! Hubby suggested I stand under a speaker and listen to the rest of the song while he finished up the shopping. I was happy to comply!:thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
03-20-2010, 06:45 PM
Carla, you DO realise that what your hubby really wanted was to slip a few 'forbidden fruits' into the trolley while you were oblivious, don't you.....:wink:

I couldn't believe yesterday evening when I heard YANA on the radio. I have never heard it played publicly before.

Stars
03-21-2010, 04:45 PM
Lisa, I think you must be right-I didn't realize it til I was going through the groceries when we got home, and wondered where certain things came from!:hilarious: At any rate, it was fun standing under the speaker and listening to my favorite Glenn song-I think other shoppers were wondering what the heck I was doing!:wink:

Peekaboo
03-23-2010, 05:34 PM
the Eagles are like an addictive drug<G>.

Well put pueblo47. In that case, I am most definitely an addict.

I was standing in line at the post office a few days ago and The Long Run started playing. I hate having to go to the post office but that helped to ease the pain a little.

cynd1231
03-25-2010, 10:58 PM
About once a week or so I like to stop at one of the Subway shops on the way to work to grab something for lunch. The first time I went in I ordered my sandwich to the strains of "Take It Easy." About a week or so later I stopped and walked in to hear "Tequilla Sunrise" and the next time it was "Hotel California." Haven't been in for a few weeks so I stopped this morning this morning and walked in to be greeted with the opening, driving beat of "Rocky Mountain Way." I LOVE MY SUBWAY...........

GlennLover
03-25-2010, 11:34 PM
Cynd, I wish I could go to your Suway. It's a little too far for lunch :hilarious:!

Speaking of supermarkets, I was in the supermaket on the weekend & "I Can't Tell You Why" came over the speakers. I really never noticed before that they played music in that store. It wasn't very loud but my trained "Eagle ear" picked it up right away. I was in a hurry, but I made sure that I didn't leave the store until it was over!

luvthelighthouse
03-25-2010, 11:38 PM
GL, I think it's so funny we won't leave a store until the Eagles songs are over. We've heard them hundreds/thousands of times... yet each time, it's as if its the first. :hilarious:

GlennLover
03-25-2010, 11:47 PM
GL, I think it's so funny we won't leave a store until the Eagles songs are over. We've heard them hundreds/thousands of times... yet each time, it's as if its the first. :hilarious:

I know. And even though I didn't have my iPod with me (like I usually do), I could have listened to ICTYW when I got home 10 minutes later! :hilarious:

Stars
03-26-2010, 08:40 AM
I was pulling into the parking lot at work yesterday, when "Heartache Tonight" started playing! I was quite upset to have to miss it, but if I did, I would have been late to work.:-( I remember thinking that I hope I don't get thrown off the Border for this, as it's the second time it happened!:laugh:

GlennLover
03-26-2010, 01:33 PM
You're excused this time, Stars, but only because you would have been late for work :laugh:!

Troubadour
03-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Shame you missed it, Stars. But I suppose it's quite apt that you had to 'leave it in the parking lot'! ;)

sodascouts
03-26-2010, 03:46 PM
LOL Troub!

GlennLover
03-26-2010, 07:56 PM
That's a good one, Troub! :laugh:

Prettymaid
03-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Shame you missed it, Stars. But I suppose it's quite apt that you had to 'leave it in the parking lot'! ;)

Good one Troub!

Stars
03-27-2010, 10:33 AM
Thanks, GL!:thumbsup:
And Troub, that was a good one-didn't even think of that!:)

Glennsallnighter
03-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Very Funny Troub, I love your quick sense of humour.

Yesterday I was visiting dad in hospital (I need to bring an Eagles CD into that ward and liven up the atmosphere a bit. I'd say the average age is 75) Anyway Paul was bringing the kiddies in to town where I would meet up with them later. The first thing Laura said to me was 'Mum..... they played Waiting in the Weeds' on the radio earlier this afternoon. WOW!!

Troubadour
03-29-2010, 05:40 PM
The 40-Year Old Virgin has just started, and A Life Of Illusion is playing.

Also, my mum just told me that she heard Somebody on the radio earlier, on her way to work.

Troubadour
04-06-2010, 06:32 PM
One of my service users has a habit of playing the same songs over and over for about a week, then moving on. He plays them so loud that you can hear them all over the house. Guess what his song of the week appears to be? Boys Of Summer!

Prettymaid
04-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Hopefully you'll still like it by the end of the week! Lol!

Stars
04-07-2010, 08:14 PM
I heard "Waiting in the Weeds" while shopping at the Goodwill today. I had just been thinking about leaving, when the song began! And this time, thank goodness, I was able to stay til it ended. Hearing it so unexpectedly, and after not hearing it for a while, reminded me of just how beautiful this song is!:heart:

Prettymaid
04-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Isn't it funny how differently a song 'hits' us when heard someplace unexpectedly than if we hear it on our own ipod, for example?

Troubadour
04-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Absolutely. Hearing Waiting In The Weeds while I was in a store would stop me in my tracks! It is such a beautiful song.

Stars
04-08-2010, 07:51 AM
Troub, it did stop me in my tracks! I was so happy to hear it, and glad I had the luxury of staying til it ended. Last time I heard an Eagles song, I was in my car, having just pulled up in the parking lot at work, and had to go inside!:-(

04-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Well Stars - I must commend you for your excellent judgement ths time - much better!!! :lol:

Stars
04-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Thanks, Dreamer!:hilarious:

Troubadour
04-09-2010, 11:58 AM
The One You Love was on the radio today!

Prettymaid
04-09-2010, 12:17 PM
The One You Love was on the radio today!

That played the other day on my ipod while it was on shuffle - beautiful song. It riles me up a little though. Why would he want her after what she's done? Oh well, that discussion is for another thread!

ticky
04-16-2010, 11:28 PM
I was in the garden Thursday afternoon potting up some early spring plants for our yard sale this weekend.We live right behind a large, well traveled road and I could hear some car with it's radio blaring from a long ways off. Usually this really ticks me off but this time I listened closely. I KNEW I recognized the song but it took me a few seconds and a few yards closer till I realized it was Rocky Mountain Way!!! I just stood there grinning and thinking "I really gotta put this on The Border!" as the guy drove by. Made my afternoon *G*

TimothyBFan
04-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Our SUV has all our presets programmed into our keys. If you use your key to open the door, your seat & mirrors automatically move and your radio station changes to your preset. Larry had driven it last and was working outside next to the driveway earlier today and I had to run to the store so went out and unlocked the door and had it open as I was talking to him and turning it on.... the radio changed over from his station to mine and it was playing LITFL. Larry once again rolled his eyes and mumbled something about even my presets know that they might as well play Eagles music when I drive. :hilarious: Whatever!

luvthelighthouse
04-17-2010, 11:20 PM
I was at lunch w/two friends when I blurt out, "oh, oh... never mind" They were both like what's going on. I said, "I thought I heard the Eagles, I did, it's Those Shoes". They started laughing and said, "Her Eagledar is on". :hilarious:

Prettymaid
04-18-2010, 01:24 PM
Lol TBF. Poor Larry - he just can't win!

Wow, Those Shoes, LTL? Being played at a restaurant?!!?

Yesterday morning I got in the car to drive the three minute drive to work, hit the preset button and Desperado started. I got to hear the whole thing! :partytime:

cynd1231
04-18-2010, 02:55 PM
I included the following in another thread, thought I'd post it over here.

I ran in to the bank on my way to the airport yesterday (Friday, on my way to LA for the Hollywood Bowl) and stopped dead in my tracks when I walked in. They play XM Radio at my bank...a nice touch..and the first thing I heard when I got inside was the oh-so familiar voice of Glenn crooning "New Kid In Town". It was like an omen of good things to come for the weekend.

TimothyBFan
04-23-2010, 07:54 PM
In Menards today to pick up some lumber and they were playing You Belong To The City and of course I pointed it out to Larry. About a half hour later, as we were loading the car, I caught him singing it. :hilarious:

Prettymaid
04-24-2010, 10:35 AM
In Menards today to pick up some lumber and they were playing You Belong To The City and of course I pointed it out to Larry. About a half hour later, as we were loading the car, I caught him singing it. :hilarious:

Ah, love that song!

Koala
04-25-2010, 05:17 AM
Today morning I heard Do Somthing on the Radio!

jdubfan
04-25-2010, 08:33 AM
Today morning I heard Do Somthing on the Radio!

I heard this at the grocery store yesterday morning! Lucky were the folks around me, 'cause i had to sing along...

TimothyBFan
04-25-2010, 10:23 AM
If I ever heard one of Timothy's solo songs on the radio or in a store, the whole darn place would know it. I'd make such a spectacle of myself, they'd ask me to leave I'm afraid!;-)

Troubadour
04-25-2010, 08:41 PM
Those Shoes was on the radio yesterday, when Jess and I were in the car!

TimothyBFan
04-26-2010, 07:28 AM
Larry was cooking on the grill last night and I was preparing the other dishes inside. He came in the back door and told me to come out for a couple minutes because the radio station was playing 7BR! Good boy!!!:hilarious:

Brooke
04-26-2010, 11:06 AM
Wow, you've really got him trained well, Willie! :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
04-26-2010, 03:27 PM
On my 3 minute drive to work this morning I decided to turn the radio on about halfway there. They were playing Walk Away! :partytime: But I had to go in before it was over. :eyebrow:

Brooke
04-26-2010, 04:18 PM
:eyebrow: Pm, that is not allowed! :laugh:

Prettymaid
04-26-2010, 08:32 PM
I know but I was already running late (as usual)! :blush:

The_Girl_Of_Summer
04-27-2010, 02:10 AM
The frat house behind me blasts music all day everyday (its usually good so i dont really mind). After sitting through a lovely rendition of "Come Sail Away (it was magic let me tell you ;-)) Life in the Fast Lane came on and it plus to two frats beside them strated sinign along. I was amazed.

And another one: Last Tuesday i was donating blood i was back laying on the table and as the guy was getting ready to stick me "Desperado" came on i think it was a sign ;-) so the red cross guy and i sang along and then had a full on conversation on why the eagles were our favorite band :hilarious:

Prettymaid
04-27-2010, 07:21 AM
GOS, I'm impressed with the frat house's music choices, and it's a hilarious image of the Red Cross guy and you singing Desperado together! :hilarious:

Brooke
04-27-2010, 09:48 AM
TGOS, :hilarious:

cynd1231
04-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Cruising the aisles of the supermarket this morning, my attention was instantaneously diverted from the shopping list when I heard the familiar and always-welcomed strains of --ARE YOU READY FOR THIS????????? --

HOW LONG

Now, I'm accustomed to hearing loads of classic Eagles on the MUSAC that plays in the stores, but when I realized I was hearing something from LROOE I was totally blown away.

Freypower
04-27-2010, 07:49 PM
They have only been opening with How Long since they recorded it.

I suggest that you give LROOE a considered listen. You may be surprised.

ticky
04-28-2010, 09:31 PM
I already told this to Cami and nearly forgot about it. Yesterday I was waiting to pick up Sarah for school and thinking about what I needed to pack for our trip to San Jose when California Dreamin" came on the radio. That made me smile, but right after that was an ad for the guys in Portland on May 17th!! but even better, Take it Easy came on right after! Somebody's trying to tell me something *G*

GlennLover
04-28-2010, 09:43 PM
That's a good omen!

cynd1231
05-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Kicked back yesterday to watched some television and unwind after my trip to see Mom. Surfed the channels and settled on the movie "Coyote Ugly"...totally forgot they used ASWTDIS!! Made me smile.

Stars
05-03-2010, 10:28 AM
I was at a restaurant having lunch with my sister this past Saturday, when "The Long Run" came on. I knew immediately we had picked the right restaurant!:thumbsup:

jdubfan
05-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Coming home from a long long day spent @ the hospital awaiting news on my aunt and heard a 2ferTues from m'boys...Those Shoes and Victim of Love....rolled down the windows and cranked 'em up. An immediate mood booster....thanks guys.

luvthelighthouse
05-04-2010, 10:38 PM
On my way home from work, I hear, ICTYW. After the song finishes, the DJ says, "Gail was our 10th caller when she heard this song and she won tickets to the Eagles concert in June. I think I'm deaf because she was yelling so loud with excitement"

Just hearing the DJ recount that made me SO want to see them this summer!

Prettymaid
05-05-2010, 08:25 AM
Wow. I wonder what kind of seats she won?

Stars
05-12-2010, 10:41 AM
I was strolling down the aisle of the supermarket today, and I heard "How Long"! This really brought a smile to my face, and made shopping much easier!:wink:
It also brightened up a rather gloomy, rainy morning.:)

05-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Stars - please tell me that you stayed until the song was finished! :lol:

Stars
05-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Dreamer-Yes!! This time I did stay til the song was finished! I was shopping alone, and there was no one there to rush me out of the store!:hilarious:

05-12-2010, 05:00 PM
:yay:

sodascouts
05-12-2010, 05:05 PM
I heard "Heavy Metal" at a burger place yesterday. That was random!

Stars
05-15-2010, 11:03 PM
Tonight I was shopping in the same supermarket where I heard "How Long" earlier this week, when suddenly "Busy Being Fabulous" came on! I decided immediately I am going to stick with this store!:thumbsup:
I quickly turned to hubby and said, "Listen to who they are playing!!" Hubby gave me a blank look and said "Who??" I just about yelled "The Eagles!!" Hubby said, "Oh, I thought it was a woman!":shock::hilarious::
Somehow, I have never thought that Don sang like a woman, but then again, hubby has admitted his hearing is failing!:)

Koala
05-16-2010, 11:37 AM
Today, I was at our harbour, we had the whole weekend a town festival, and than I had to wait near a carousel, was to be heard there Heartache Tonight!8)

Troubadour
06-04-2010, 07:50 PM
I was watching a TOTP2 country music special (a repeat) and they just showed the How Long video. I can go to bed happy! :inlove:

tequila girl
06-05-2010, 07:07 AM
I watched that too Lou! :thumbsup:

06-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Well - I sure had a pleasant surprise yesterday. I went into the drug store to pick up a few things, and when I walked in One of These Nights was playing. I thought to myself "Cool - see everyone knows it's the OOTN anniversary week". :lol:

Troubadour
06-13-2010, 08:17 PM
LOL, Dreamer! Very cool.

Prettymaid
06-14-2010, 07:34 AM
So funny that our brains think that way!

eaglesvet
06-21-2010, 12:27 AM
Maybe some of you more hard-core Don fans can fill me in on this...

This morning on the radio, on a weekly show called "Acoustic Sunrise," I heard the most awesome acoustic version of Boys of Summer. Even though I was clearly running late in getting ready for church, I waited in the kitchen, hoping this was a time the DJ was planning to name the artist after the song. I was trying to guess which new singer this might be...and then lo and behold, it was actually Don's acoustic version! Where has that been hiding, pray tell? Has anyone heard that before, and is it recorded on any one of his albums? It sounded so different, I really couldn't believe that it was him!

On another note...later today in the car on a different radio station, they announced that Don Felder would be playing near me (in Englewood, NJ)
as part of his "first ever solo concert tour." Huh? Hasn't he been playing shows for awhile now? What do you think they meant by that statement? Anyway, they of course announced he would be singing his hit, Hotel California, while the Eagles' version played on in the background!

Troubadour
06-21-2010, 10:41 AM
EV - was it this version? If so, it is from VH1's Storytellers. STUNNING. It's even better with the visuals.

:thud:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aun453puz-4

Brooke
06-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Yesterday afternoon I was watching an interview on tv with St. Louis Cardinals baseball pitcher, Adam Wainwright and as they were talking All Night Long was playing in the background! (Besides being a wonderful baseball team, they have great taste in music!) lol

This morning as I was driving to work, the radio announcer started his weather report with "The heat is on, as Glenn Frey would say!"

TimothyBFan
06-21-2010, 04:21 PM
I think I mentioned once before that the radio station I listen to out of Chicago has 10 in a row at 11 every day that are a theme. Today it was a summer theme for the 1st day of summer. Of course they played Boys Of Summer. Right before that they played Magic by The Cars also so I got a bonus. :thumbsup:

GlennLover
06-21-2010, 04:33 PM
I was watching one of the Canadian "morning shows" one day & as they went to commercials they showed a view outside their studios & "Busy Being Fabulous" was the audio.

AzEaglesFan
06-22-2010, 12:54 AM
Watched a rerun of the show Bones and at the end they were singing a song and I thought it sounded like an Eagles song. They said the song was "Keep on Tryin" and that it was by Poco. I looked the song up and it was written by Timothy B Schmit:thumbsup:

eaglesvet
06-22-2010, 08:03 AM
EV - was it this version? If so, it is from VH1's Storytellers. STUNNING. It's even better with the visuals.

:thud:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aun453puz-4
Lou, that's it!! That is A. the absolutely most amazing I've seen Don look ever, with that face and that hair and that shirt and that hand on his hip...double :thud::thud:, and B. an incredibly awesome version of a song that in many ways eclipses the original (which I already love)! Kudos to VH-1 for scoring that performance! What year was that? I'm in love all over again...:inlove:

Prettymaid
06-22-2010, 08:29 AM
Sometimes songs or versions of songs come to you at just the right time for you to fully appreciate them. Thanks to EV for posting about the accoustic version of BOS that you heard and to Troub for posting the video. I know that Don's Storytellers has been talked about on here before but I never took the opportunity to watch it. That video and the version of the song itself is beautiful and if it hadn't been for you guys, I would have never heard it. Unbelievable.

GlennLover
06-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Wonderful! I like this version more than the original.

Prettymaid
06-23-2010, 07:51 AM
Yesterday I headed out to do some shopping. As soon as I pulled out of the driveway I turned the radio on to the local classic rock station. Totally on cue, Those Shoes started playing! After it was over the DJ said," The Eagles will be in Australia in December...remember in December it's summertime down under, so they were smart there."

Koala
06-27-2010, 02:04 PM
Today I grilled with friends and family and in the background a radio played, suddenly I heard Part Of Me Part Of You!
This song is very seldom with us in the radio! Of course I made the radio immediately louder! :partytime:

06-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Very good move, Koala.

That's really funny because yesterday I went into the drug store and they were playing True Love. Must of been some special Glenn day or something. :thumbsup:

Victim of Love
07-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Happy 4th of July to all. I have the television on MSNBC while I'm getting food ready for a get-together. They just went into a commercial break and their segueway music was PEACEFUL EASY FEELING. What a terrific choice for the day!!!!!!

EaglesFanatic
07-05-2010, 04:11 AM
I was on my way to the movie theatre the other day and funk 49 came on! When I got back into the car after the movie, Heartache Tonight was playing!! I hear the Eagles on the radio all the time, I love it.

TimothyBFan
07-09-2010, 06:21 PM
I can honestly say I just heard Eagles music (or more specifically, Glenn Frey music) most unexpectedly. Not exactly where it was, but who was there, ALONE, playing it!!! :headscratch: I just walked out to our garage (which has heard a LOT of Eagles music over the years-with ME in it) and caught Larry working on a bike, listening to the Glenn Frey cd, Strange Weather. :stunned:

I've either finally converted him to our side or you might want to button up your parkas because Hell's about to freeze over!!! :hilarious:

EagleLady
07-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Willie you trained him well :thumbsup:

Koala
07-11-2010, 02:49 AM
Yesterday with the shopping I heard All She Wants To do Is Dance! thereby my stay in the store was longer than necessary , until the song ends was too.

Molly
07-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Couldn't believe I heard "The One You Love" on the way to Walmart the other day. I actually drove around the parking lot an extra time until the song ended.

And anyone who's ever driven thru a Walmart parking lot knows how trecherous that can be. Talk about dedication!

Peekaboo
07-20-2010, 03:51 PM
Couldn't believe I heard "The One You Love" on the way to Walmart the other day. I actually drove around the parking lot an extra time until the song ended.

And anyone who's ever driven thru a Walmart parking lot knows how trecherous that can be. Talk about dedication!

That is dedication. I love Walmart but i hate going there because it's always so crowded and busy. I only go when I absolutely have to.

I was surprised and quite pleased to hear Part Of Me Part Of You at work on Sunday. Thankfully I didn't have anyone at my table at the time so i was able to just stand there and enjoy the song.

Then, yesterday at work I heard Hotel California. I was dealing and singing at the same time and I noticed one the players started to sing along too. After about two minutes into the song I looked up and noticed two people that were walking by were singing it too. I had to smile and giggle to myself about that.

sodascouts
07-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Not once but THREE TIMES this past week, I've heard Eagles songs in restaurants!

It all started a few days ago when I heard "I Don't Want to Hear Any More" in Red Robin. Just a day later it was "Take It to the Limit" in Rafferty's. Tonight it was "One of These Nights" in The Blue Plate Cafe.

It's definitely enhancing my mealtime experience. ;)

Troubadour
07-24-2010, 03:40 AM
When I was in the hospital reception area a few days ago, waiting to visit my grandmother, I heard New Kid In Town. Best of all, the old man next to me started humming and tapping along with quite some enthusiasm!

Prettymaid
07-24-2010, 08:08 AM
When I was in the hospital reception area a few days ago, waiting to visit my grandmother, I heard New Kid In Town. Best of all, the old man next to me started humming and tapping along with quite some enthusiasm!

Please don't say he was in his fifties! :ack: :hilarious:

Mrs Henley
07-24-2010, 08:19 AM
Last week I was sitting in the bus and the busdriver turned on the radio and The Boys Of Summer came. That was a good ride.

That song is a lot on the radio here right now BTW :hilarious:

Troubadour
07-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Please don't say he was in his fifties! :ack: :hilarious:

No - I'd say he was well into his 80s, which is why I thought it was great that he was enjoying the song so much!

You're talking to the girl who fancies a 63-year-old man. No danger of ageism from me! :lol: :blush:

Stars
07-27-2010, 06:54 PM
I normally listen to CDs in the car, but today decided to turn on the radio. Was I glad I did! "Peaceful Easy Feeling" was playing-that put a big smile on my face!:)

sodascouts
07-27-2010, 07:26 PM
I hear ya. I was driving around Memphis yesterday and feeling a little anxious. "Take It Easy" came on the car stereo and the anxiety just vanished; all it took was the opening chords to make me smile, make my spirits lift.

And that's why I love the Eagles.

Stars
07-29-2010, 11:05 PM
I was feeling very tired after working all day today, and was slowly trudging through the grocery store, trying to finish my shopping and get home. Then, to my delight, "How Long" began to play! Now that really lifted my spirits-the second time this week I heard the Eagles unexpectedly!:thumbsup:

GlennLover
08-01-2010, 11:04 PM
When I was setting my clock radio last night I turned the radio on & the last 2 songs of Eagles Live were played. That ensured sweet dreams!

Stars
08-04-2010, 06:10 PM
I heard two Eagles songs at the pool today! While I was swimming, I heard "Take it Easy", and while sunning in my chair, I heard "Hotel California". Funny thing was, I was getting ready to leave when HC came on, but of course I had to sit there til the song was over! I remember thinking that only Borderers would understand my need to do that!:thumbsup:

EaglesFanatic
08-04-2010, 06:22 PM
I took a trip up to the mountains, and on the way up, I heard On The Border, Peaceful Easy Feeling, and Heartache Tonight. On my way back down to the city, of course I heard In The City (how ironic), and Take It Easy! This is why I love the Classic Vinyl station on Sirius radio. They play awesome classics and they play A TON of Eagles songs

Koala
08-05-2010, 02:43 AM
Funny thing was, I was getting ready to leave when HC came on, but of course I had to sit there til the song was over! I remember thinking that only Borderers would understand my need to do that!:thumbsup:
Thats right!
before a while I heard True Love in a store, actually, we wanted to go to the cash, however, I stopped of course, under the loudspeaker.
Now the short conversation what followed:

My sister:"Come, we want to go."
I:"No, I can't!"
My sister:"Why not? Do you feel not good?"
I:" thank you I feel very well, they play just a song from Glenn!"

My sister turned only with her eyes and waits with me!

Prettymaid
08-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Did she give you one of these Koala? :rolleyes: :hilarious:

Troubadour
08-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Cute story, Koala!

TimothyBFan
08-06-2010, 08:14 AM
Gotta love it when our family understands and stays just so you can hear the rest of the song--even if they do roll their eyes at us! :hilarious:

GlennLover
08-06-2010, 03:53 PM
Last night I was out with some friends having supper at a steak house. I was having trouble hearing what was being said because of a combination of other patrons talking mixed with the loud music. It was quite annoying! All of a sudden I identified the strains of Hotel California & I wished that my friends would keep it down so I could hear the music :laugh:.

Troubadour
08-06-2010, 06:24 PM
LOL, Ann! It's funny how excited we get hearing Eagles' music in public. No matter how many times we've heard these songs, they still give us the old tingle up the spine when we hear them unexpectedly.

TimothyBFan
08-09-2010, 07:31 AM
Saturday night, I went to bed around 11:30, before Larry. I awoke suddenly from a very sound sleep around 1 am to the first notes of Life In The Fast Lane. Larry was messing with the turntable in the dining room and needed an album to try it out so he grabbed the only one he found, Best of Vol. 2 (yes Brooke-it's yours and isn't on the way yet obviously). He told me he had been playing the radio all night but I didn't hear it. :hilarious:

Brooke
08-09-2010, 09:58 AM
LOL, TBF!

Ok, girl. Get that in the mail pronto! :thumbsup:

Brooke
08-10-2010, 10:06 AM
This morning I was pleasantly awakened by Glenn singing Tequila Sunrise on the radio. Of course I had to lay there and listen to the whole song before getting up. Then the dj came on and said if we were feeling all warm and fuzzy this morning we could blame it on them (the station)! I couldn't help but laugh and think that it was the Eagles fault actually!

Stars
08-12-2010, 12:27 PM
This morning I was at the supermarket and was shocked when I heard Glenn singing, "True Love"!! I have never even heard that one on the radio. I heard the entire song-I was just standing there and probably had my mouth hanging open!:hilarious:
This is the same store where I have heard older Eagles songs and newer ones, from LROOE. So I know I will keep shopping there!:thumbsup:

Brooke
08-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Stars, I would. Definitely a good store to spend time in! lol

EaglesFanatic
08-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Stars, that is very funny. I would shop there all the time too. I can't believe you have heard LROOE songs on the radio! I haven't heard any songs from LROOE on the radio yet.

Koala
08-14-2010, 09:00 AM
Today I saw by chance the beginning of a program, which from camping vacation acted. I wanted to switch back to another program as suddenly Peaceful Easy Feeling began:). I saw the program still so long until they stoped PEF!

Brooke
08-14-2010, 10:13 AM
This morning a segment of the Today Show about doing laundry played bits of Dirty Laundry in the background. :)

Stars
08-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Today I was grocery shopping in the same store where I heard "True Love" the other day, and Eagles songs on other occasions. Suddenly, I heard POMPOY!! I am convinced someone who works there is a HUGE Eagles fan-better round them up for the Border!;)

Prettymaid
08-14-2010, 05:31 PM
Stars, I think you need to go to the front desk and compliment them on their music! :thumbsup:

GlennLover
08-20-2010, 12:20 PM
My cell phone is old & outdated so I was just using the "pay as you go plan" until I decided what kind of new phone I wanted. The minutes on this plan kept expiring or running out so in frustration I stopped using it when the last minutes expired. I wasn't in any hurry to get a new one as I don't use it that much, but since we are going to Aspen & will meet with 4 fellow Borderers :partytime: I thought that I had better get a phone to contact them while we are there! This week my husband (Harold) & I went to get new phones & ended up chosing iPhones. All of a sudden, as the salesperson was demonstrating the various fuctions of the phone, I heard "Hotel California" playing on their music system. I told my husband that I took that as a good omen for our trip! :)

By the way, I love the phone!

Troubadour
08-20-2010, 01:25 PM
My local radio station played The Heat Is On the other day.

Prettymaid
08-20-2010, 02:18 PM
GL, hope you enjoy your iphone. They are very popular! And yes, it's a good omen that you heard HC in the phone store. Wish I was one of the lucky Borderers going to Aspen!

GlennLover
08-20-2010, 05:31 PM
GL, hope you enjoy your iphone. They are very popular! And yes, it's a good omen that you heard HC in the phone store. Wish I was one of the lucky Borderers going to Aspen!

I wish you were too!

ticky
08-23-2010, 02:29 AM
I was switching through the channels on TV tonight and found The Strat Pack on VH1!! What a great show and a wonderful opportunity to see Joe at his best! Not to mention Paul Rogers and Brian May! He performed Rocky Mountain Way, Fast Lane and Lifes Been Good. He was obviously having a great time and did a lot of playing around, but just for his own entertainment, not the whole "clown Prince" thing. It was so great just to see him having a good time.

Peekaboo
08-23-2010, 05:11 AM
I think I've seen that Strat Pack show or at least the part with Joe but I can't remember if I saw it on VH1 or online somewhere. Then again, I could be thinking of a completely different show altogether. I only remember seeing Joe during the ending sequence with all of the guitar players lined up and playing along to a song I can't remember.

For two nights in a row I heard Heat Is On as soon as I got to my first table at work. I've been hearing that song played at least a couple times a month for the past few months. Not that I'm complaining. I'm just curious as to who it is that gets to chose which songs to play in the casino.

Prettymaid
08-23-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm just curious as to who it is that gets to chose which songs to play in the casino.

I'm surprised you haven't asked about that yet! Maybe they've done some scientific study and discovered that some songs make people gamble more! :hilarious:

Troubadour
08-23-2010, 05:55 PM
I had Friends on in the background earlier and it was the episode where they play New York Minute at the end. Made me grin!

Peekaboo
08-24-2010, 04:16 AM
I'm surprised you haven't asked about that yet! Maybe they've done some scientific study and discovered that some songs make people gamble more! :hilarious:

Cathy, I only just now read your post but I actually did ask about this at work tonight. I found out that it's the choice of whoever is in charge of the casino that day. So, when the General Manager isn't there it'll be the Asst. GM or if he's not there it's an Operations Manager that's in charge. I also found out that it was the Asst. GM that was there over the weekend and that he likes to listen to "a lot of old stuff". I like all of the music being played this past weekend. The Asst. GM has got good taste in music because I heard of a lot of good rockers being played.

Lou, I know the exact episode you're talking about. Friends is still one of my favorite tv shows. I've seen every single episode.

sodascouts
08-24-2010, 12:46 PM
I adore Friends but I had forgotten about that!

Peekaboo
08-25-2010, 01:04 PM
I had to pick up my little cousin this morning (I say little but she's 18) and as we got back on the road I changed the radio station to one of the soft rock stations and Leather And Lace was playing. I got all excited and said "YES!! I haven't heard this song in a long time." My cousin just looked at me, rolled her eyes and said "Let me guess, this is Don Henley." I just looked at her and smiled.

Prettymaid
08-25-2010, 01:59 PM
Is she 18 years old Peek?

Peekaboo
08-25-2010, 05:02 PM
Huh. That's weird! I wonder why it came out like that. I thought i typed that in correctly. I should probably proof read before posting. Lol

Yes, she is 18.

Freypower
08-25-2010, 07:02 PM
If you type 8 immediately followed by a parenthesis you get 8) (look at it closely the next time you type it) so you have to leave a gap before the parenthesis.

Prettymaid
08-25-2010, 07:12 PM
See, I knew that. That's how I knew she was 18. :wink:

Peekaboo
08-30-2010, 02:46 PM
They must have The Heat Is On on rotation in the casino because I heard it again last night. I think that makes it 4 weeks in a row that i've heard that song at least once during my work week.

GlennLover
08-30-2010, 03:46 PM
One day last week I woke up to "Life In The Fast Lane". The next day I woke up to The James Gangs "Funk 49"! Great ways to start the day.

Troubadour
08-30-2010, 08:38 PM
I heard The Heat Is On on the radio again today.

Glennsallnighter
08-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Yes! And who did you text when you heard it? :wink:

The_Girl_Of_Summer
08-31-2010, 04:47 PM
I was sitting out on the Mountan Lair (student union) green durring the two hour break I have between Anthropology and Philosophy and one of the frats were blasting "The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks"

TimothyBFan
09-01-2010, 07:12 AM
TGOS :hilarious: Not something you hear every day!!!

At the local supermarket last night and as I was walking toward the checkout, as I passed the deli, I heard Last Worthless Evening playing. Had to stop and listen before checking out. It cost me an additional $15 worth of deli meat but it was worth it! :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
09-10-2010, 09:19 AM
I was at the supermarket again last night and this time it was Take It Easy playing. What's funny is I had just spoken to a friend and her son who were there also and we were walking away from each other as it started. I kind of heard Amy say something to Peyton and then Peyton turned around and yelled "Willie, it's the Eagles!". :hilarious:

09-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Hmmm - looks like somebody has a nasty reputation! :thumbsup:

luvthelighthouse
09-15-2010, 10:56 AM
I walked into Kohl's and heard a song. I did not recognize the voice, but I knew the lyrics... it was I Don't Want To Hear Anymore!

I wish it were the Eagles singing and not some cover of the song... but it still made me think of the guys and Timothy's smooth voice!:)

GlennLover
09-15-2010, 12:23 PM
Friday we were in Aspen airport waiting for our United Airlines flight to Denver about 12:30PM when it was announced that the flight was cancelled due to tail winds. We were then booked on the last flight out that was scheduled to leave around 6:00PM. We were already too late to catch our connecting Delta flights from Denver to Detroit & from there to Bangor. Thanks to a very helpful agent in Aspen he got us booked on a next morning flight from Denver to Detroit & a connecting flight to Bangor, after having substantial difficulty. We continued to sit in Aspen as the next flight was also cancelled. The plane was actually over Aspen but it had to turn back to Denver. It was looking more & more like we wouldn't get out of Aspen that day! As we were waiting at the ticket counter for the umpteenth time (this time to make sure our bags didn't go on to Bangor without us), I heard Don singing "The Last Worthless Evening". This seemed to be an omen. Even though I was still very worried (I'm a chronic worrier) & the plane that would take us to Denver had to circle for half an hour before landing, I knew deep down that we would fly out of Aspen that night. We were even able to get a beautiful hotel in Denver for less than what we were going to have to spend in Bangor (thanks to a coupon from United)! Funny how much effect hearing an Eagle sing can have on you!

Excuse me for rambling on.

Stars
09-15-2010, 09:03 PM
GL, I was in the Goodwill today, and I heard "Last Worthless Evening"! And didn't Willie hear it recently too?? Well, that song can never be played enough-I LOVE it!:heart:

sodascouts
09-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Glad you and Harold didn't have to spend a worthless evening in Aspen's airport, GL! ;)

GlennLover
09-15-2010, 11:16 PM
Glad you and Harold didn't have to spend a worthless evening in Aspen's airport, GL! ;)

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Stars, I think that that song will be a good luck charm from now on!

Peekaboo
09-26-2010, 03:09 AM
My friend, Annie (a few of you have met her), confessed to me yesterday that a certain song was playing at work and a customer asked her who the singer was and she said she thought it was Bryan Adams until she heard the chorus and then realized that it was Don singing Boys Of Summer. She said she couldn't believe that she didn't realize it was Don and felt like an idiot since he's her favorite of the Eagles. Well, tonight at work BOS was playing in the casino. I knew Annie heard it too and when we got to the break room I couldn't resist teasing her about "that Bryan Adams song" that was just playing.

I also got to hear Busy Being Fabulous at work tonight. I think that's only the 2nd or 3rd time i've ever heard that song playing in the casino since i've been working there.

Troubadour
10-02-2010, 01:24 PM
I'm watching Strictly Come Dancing (hey, it's Saturday night), and a couple just danced the waltz to Take It To The Limit! It wasn't Glenn or Randy singing, though.

AzEaglesFan
10-03-2010, 03:12 AM
We were on our way home and somehow got on a station that we never listen too and I heard Take It To The Limit. We will be tuning in to that station from now on. :grooving:

TimothyBFan
10-07-2010, 08:37 AM
It's not that it was unexpected, it's just that I didn't expect to hear them so much.

Hubby won a Sirius radio, a dock and a year subscription of service at his work's open house over the weekend. We hooked it up Tuesday night and I've pretty much had it playing non stop since. I flip channels between 4-5 channels and I can honestly say that I hear the Eagles some times 2 or 3 times an hour. I've been listening to 70s on the 7, Classic Vinyl (that's a good one to hear them with) and Classic Rewind the most.

It might be Larry's prize but I'm really enjoying it. He knew he had lost it when we first turned it on and it was playing Little Willy from no other than The Sweet!! I told him that was a sign! :hilarious:

Prettymaid
10-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Wow, what a prize! Funny that you 'won' it from Larry. :hilarious:

Brooke
10-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Great TBF!

I'm lucky and hear the Eagles LOTS on our classic rock stations around here. If I listed them every time, this thread would be way long!

TimothyBFan
10-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Now this was unexpected....

They are playing Ol' 55 on the Sirius channel, The Bridge~~ RIGHT NOW!!! YAY!!!! That's something you don't hear on the radio....EVER!!! :thumbsup: Love Larry's prize!! :hilarious:

Prettymaid
10-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Okay, I wanting me some Sirius Radio!

TimothyBFan
10-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Okay, I wanting me some Sirius Radio!

Siriusly? (get it....seriously???):nahnah: I crack myself up!! :rofl: Sorry!!

Prettymaid
10-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Siriusly? (get it....seriously???):nahnah: I crack myself up!! :rofl: Sorry!!

I almost posted that I siriusly want me some Sirius Radio. Great minds... :hilarious:

eaglesvet
10-13-2010, 02:42 PM
I was doing my grocery shopping today in ShopRite, and as I was cruising past the meat section, I heard Glenn's glorious voice in Part of You, Part of Me. I decided to buy some beef steaks for dinner.

GlennLover
10-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Today I was sitting in a mall (out of town in a nearby city) waiting for Harold (what else is new) & feeling rather miserable, until I heard the opening chords of The Heat is On over the PA system. Needless to say, I immediately felt better! :)

Lisa
10-14-2010, 10:29 PM
"The Heat is On" is just so upbeat, that it can have that kind of effect on you by the chorus.

AzEaglesFan
10-15-2010, 04:05 AM
We recently changed radio stations and today we heard Peaceful Easy Feeling. This new station seems to like the Eagles. :headbang:

EaglesFanatic
10-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Now this was definitely unexpected... I heard Hotel California on the radio today. But it was in spanish! Hmmmm :hilarious:

jdubfan
10-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Last week on the show "S#!t My Dad Says" Dad (Capt Kirk to me) is asked to come to karaoke night and he responds "If I wanted to see some stooges behind a microphone, I'd go see the Eagles". Then Capt Kirk does a really bad version of Too Sexy for My Shirt. Had to turn it off, funny in a BAD way. :eyebrow:

Prettymaid
10-18-2010, 08:17 PM
These days anything Capt. Kirk is in has stink written all over it. :hilarious:

sodascouts
10-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Where are the Romulans when you need 'em?

EagleLady
10-18-2010, 10:38 PM
Awww I thought it was funny. I guess some people have different sense of humor.

TimothyBFan
10-19-2010, 09:04 AM
.....and I think some people just like to say and do what is opposite of what everyone else does.

I agree with you PM. He drives me crazy.

EagleLady
10-19-2010, 02:03 PM
Sorry :-(

Brooke
10-19-2010, 03:20 PM
lol

This morning I heard Tequila Sunrise. Right now Already Gone! It's a good Glenn day! :)

Peekaboo
10-27-2010, 09:37 PM
I was in Walmart at around 1am a few nights ago doing my shopping and I could faintly hear Don's voice in the distance. I moved over a few aisles and heard the last part of The Long Run. I didn't get to hear the whole song but at least I got to hear part of it. When I got back to my car I popped in The Long Run and listened to the entire song on my way home.

GlennLover
10-28-2010, 12:02 AM
I was in Walmart at around 1am a few nights ago doing my shopping and I could faintly hear Don's voice in the distance. I moved over a few aisles and heard the last part of The Long Run. I didn't get to hear the whole song but at least I got to hear part of it. When I got back to my car I popped in The Long Run and listened to the entire song on my way home.

LOL, Peek, I was in Walmart a couple of days ago & heard The Long Run too! :)

WalshFan88
10-28-2010, 10:09 PM
I heard "Victim of Love" on the radio today in a store. Usually don't hear that one.

EaglesFanatic
10-28-2010, 10:15 PM
I was at physical therapy and I heard Heartache Tonight. I suddenly found those leg lifts a whole lot easier once I heard the Eagles playing on the radio :hilarious:

Koala
10-29-2010, 01:28 AM
Yesterday I heard, Waiting in the Weeds, in the car on the way to the work, usually nothing special, I hear CD, but yesterday I had the radio on!

EF, cool, If I had during the physical therapy heard Heachtache Tonight if I had liked the exercises also more!

whitcap
10-29-2010, 02:21 PM
I heard Witchy Woman on the radio earlier. The local classic rock station played Halloween songs from noon to one.

GlennLover
11-10-2010, 07:12 PM
On Monday night I was watching Dancing With the Stars. As one of the couples began their dance routine I heard about 3 notes of the song that started playing & I thought to myself "that sounds like Take It To The Limit". Sure enough it was! :grin:

TimothyBFan
11-11-2010, 08:46 AM
I was having a rather hectic/bad day yesterday and as usual I had the radio on in the background. I heard All She Wants To Do Is Dance followed by Let The Good Times Roll by The Cars. Shortly after, they played The Confessor by Joe Walsh. I was listening to Sirius and thought to myself that that is not something you ever hear on regular radio!! Needless to say, my day improved quite a bit.

EaglesFanatic
11-11-2010, 10:59 AM
I've never heard the Confessor on the radio. That's pretty cool Willie!
GL-That's great! I never watch that show, but I'm going to go look on Youtube for that routine :hilarious:

Glennsallnighter
11-11-2010, 07:30 PM
All very cool

I was at a retirement function last Saturday night (yes, the 6th). I was kind of on the fringe of a singsong which started after the meal. One of the other girls started 'Wild Mountain Thyme' which we all sang along to. Needless to say, I was so thrilled I texted Lou straight away.

sodascouts
11-13-2010, 10:37 PM
I plopped down in front of the TV and turned it on, planning to watch The Six Wives of Henry VIII on Netflix, but before I could change the channel off of VH1 I heard the opening notes to "Victim of Love." The entire first verse played over the ending credits - for the curious, the show was Entourage. Too cool!

Freypower
11-14-2010, 06:55 PM
I hate to drag this off topic but had you ever seen Six Wives before, Soda? If not, what did you think of it? Though it was made on the cheap, the acting is wonderful in my opinion.

sodascouts
11-14-2010, 07:21 PM
I hadn't seen it before but I loved it. I was pleasantly surprised at the high level of historical accuracy overall. While the lead actors were far too old to successfully play teenagers in the first episode about Catherine of Aragon, once we got past that hurdle I thought it was very well-done. I did have some issues with the Anne of Cleves and Catherine Howard episodes - those characterizations seemed less accurate. Perhaps it's because they just had less to work with. The final episode centering around the oft-overlooked Catherine Parr was especially gripping, I thought.

EaglesFanatic
11-15-2010, 12:29 PM
Life's been good was used in a commercial but I forgot what the commercial was for LOL

tequila girl
11-15-2010, 01:01 PM
There is almost always an Eagles song on in my local supermarket when i'm in there, a couple of days ago it was Hotel California.....today Boys of Summer :thumbsup:

WalshFan88
11-16-2010, 04:22 AM
I heard "The Long Run" yesterday while in Walmart. Pretty cool!

whitcap
11-19-2010, 05:45 PM
I heard Take it Easy on the radio today and I heard One of These Nights and Victim of Love on the radio yesterday.

Troubadour
11-21-2010, 08:11 PM
I heard Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough on the radio yesterday.