PDA

View Full Version : Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

AzEaglesFan
03-20-2012, 08:51 PM
We were in an Arby's and they were playing Peaceful Easy Feeling. Great music to eat lunch by.

Victim of Love
03-28-2012, 02:17 PM
Had to run into the pharmacy to pick up a script for one of my daughters. As I stepped up to the counter their Muzak system began playing "Take It To The Limit". I stepped aside and let the next person go ahead of me just so I could hear the entire song!

GlennLover
03-28-2012, 06:03 PM
Had to run into the pharmacy to pick up a script for one of my daughters. As I stepped up to the counter their Muzak system began playing "Take It To The Limit". I stepped aside and let the next person go ahead of me just so I could hear the entire song!

LOL! We just can't get enough of our guys, can we? I would have done the same.

Glennsallnighter
03-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Nice move VOL!

I heard 'The Look Of Love' on the radio at teatime earlier - Dusty Springfield. But I immediately said 'Oh, Glenn :heart: is covering that on After Hours'. Which of course generated some nict teatime conversation about the said album!

lizzyplays
03-29-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm not a fan of country music at all (go figure) but the one saving grace I have at work, where the music is always on a country station, is that at least a couple of times per week, I hear an Eagles song. I usually squeal, causing heads to turn, co-workers rushing to my side, "what's wrong? what's wrong?". If some of the older people are around, I'll answer immediately, but it's just too much trouble having to explain to a 19 year old who the Eagles are. And really, what kind of parents do those 19 years old have for not introducing them to the greatest American band ever? Bah!

My favorite moment so far was on Karaoke night when 4 drunk guys took on Hotel California. Yeah, that was a beauty. :thumbsup:

prayfordaylight
03-30-2012, 09:51 AM
Just heard "Love Will Keep Us Alive" in the bagel shop near my office.

Tori
03-31-2012, 04:22 PM
I heard Lyin' Eyes while I was in the post office with my mom today. We walked out in the middle of the song and when we got in the car, we found the radio station it was playing on and listened to it on the way home. :)

lizzyplays
04-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Grilling steaks at my friend's house last night and "Life in the Fast lane" came on radio and I squealed with delight!

sodascouts
04-08-2012, 03:35 PM
I heard "Hotel California" leaving O'Charleys (a restaurant) after Easter brunch today.

lizzyplays
04-08-2012, 10:14 PM
I had to work a double shift today at work. Normally, I don't leave between the shifts, but today I decided I would go get something to eat. Just as soon as I got into my car, "The Heat Is On" came on the radio! I NEVER hear that song played on the radio (not around here, anyways).

VAisForEagleLovers
04-08-2012, 10:56 PM
I heard James Dean on the trip home today!

zeldabjr
04-09-2012, 12:00 AM
I heard "Love Will Keep Us Alive" today in the restaurant during our brunch. I said to my sis sshh the Eagles... She said who's singing that he sings like an angel...I just grinned.

EaglesKiwi
04-10-2012, 07:20 AM
I heard "Love Will Keep Us Alive" today in the restaurant during our brunch. I said to my sis sshh the Eagles... She said who's singing that he sings like an angel...I just grinned.
Yes he does. :inlove: Your sister has taste!

Glennsallnighter
04-10-2012, 02:03 PM
There's a new 80s radio station in Dublin called (real 80s). Hubby found it and has his car radio tuned to it. Today of all things 'Sexy Girl' came on! Yup. Live. On the radio!!!!

Prettymaid
04-10-2012, 06:55 PM
No way! I can't imagine SG ever being played on a U.S. radio station!

TimothyBFan
04-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Just heard Don't Let It Pass By by Poco on Sirius channel The Bridge. Tried hard to hear Timothy in the background.

Topkat
04-16-2012, 09:29 AM
Yesterday the NY Knicks lost to the Miami Heat, the sportscaster played, "The Heat Is On" The whole song!!! Happy to hear that, but not to happy the Knicks lost.

Topkat
04-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Turn on THE VOICE tonight to hear Team Blake singing HEARTACHE TONIGHT:-o

whitcap
05-04-2012, 06:32 PM
I just heard Heartache Tonight and Already Gone on the radio back to back 8)

GlennLover
05-05-2012, 03:42 PM
I just heard Heartache Tonight and Already Gone on the radio back to back 8)

Two of my favorites! :D

Topkat
05-05-2012, 07:10 PM
In the supermarket this afternoon I heard "All She Wants to Do Is Dance" I suddenly realized how much I really like that song! Had to stop shopping & just listen to it.

zeldabjr
05-22-2012, 10:47 PM
I just went to WalMart and when I walked in they started playing "Take It Easy" I was singing and smiling and shopping and people probably thought I was nuts, but I don't care!!:D

VAisForEagleLovers
05-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Happens to me all the time! People I don't even know start conversations with me. Probably to get me to stop singing...

StephUK
06-07-2012, 05:14 PM
I've just been into hospital & I had to have an MR scan on my head while I was there. They ask if you'd like some music('cos the noise it makes is terrible). I said yes & they gave me a choice of about 6 artists, one of which was THE EAGLES !!!! Of course I chose that. I thought it would be a greatest hits cd but it was actually LROOE.

I think this can definitely be classed as 'hearing the Eagles songs unexpectedly!!'

GlennLover
06-07-2012, 05:36 PM
I've just been into hospital & I had to have an MR scan on my head while I was there. They ask if you'd like some music('cos the noise it makes is terrible). I said yes & they gave me a choice of about 6 artists, one of which was THE EAGLES !!!! Of course I chose that. I thought it would be a greatest hits cd but it was actually LROOE.

I think this can definitely be classed as 'hearing the Eagles songs unexpectedly!!'

LOL! At least there was something pleasant during the MR scan!

sodascouts
06-08-2012, 01:55 AM
How cool! Are you doing alright, though?

Koala
06-08-2012, 03:00 AM
Thats cool, Steph! Hope you are ok!

I just saw a bit TV and to see was a Report on an airport and to hear was Smugglers Blues!

This was the first time I heard the song in TV.

Windeagle
06-09-2012, 05:31 PM
I was in a shop the other night trying to find a nice dress for a graduation and heard "Get Over It". It made me smile because at that moment, I was fretting about my weight. I took Don's advice, stopped fretting and just bought the dress.

zeldabjr
06-09-2012, 06:19 PM
I was in a shop the other night trying to find a nice dress for a graduation and heard "Get Over It". It made me smile because at that moment, I was fretting about my weight. I took Don's advice, stopped fretting and just bought the dress.

Don's a smart guy...I think we all could use more of the attitude "get over it"

VAisForEagleLovers
06-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Tonight I was at the grocery store trying to decide between 36-40 count shrimp or 51 count shrimp and didn't even realize I was singing until this couple walked up to me smiling. "What song is playing?" Well, I had no idea and had to listen to a few more bars and then smiled and said, "How Long. Eagles." They got a good laugh out of the fact I had no idea I was singing let alone what song I was singing.

They said it sounded like the Eagles but didn't know they sang it and what album was it from? So I talked a little about LROOE. It amazes me how many people like Eagles music and still don't know about that CD... They said they mostly listen to what their kids listen to, so they know what they're listening to.

zeldabjr
06-10-2012, 11:01 PM
Tonight I was at the grocery store trying to decide between 36-40 count shrimp or 51 count shrimp and didn't even realize I was singing until this couple walked up to me smiling. "What song is playing?" Well, I had no idea and had to listen to a few more bars and then smiled and said, "How Long. Eagles." They got a good laugh out of the fact I had no idea I was singing let alone what song I was singing.

They said it sounded like the Eagles but didn't know they sang it and what album was it from? So I talked a little about LROOE. It amazes me how many people like Eagles music and still don't know about that CD... They said they mostly listen to what their kids listen to, so they know what they're listening to.
Oh, VA that is funny...and it is weird that more people don't know of it as it's so good...who is responsible for the publicity...fire them!!

EaglesKiwi
06-11-2012, 03:26 AM
Oh, VA that is funny...and it is weird that more people don't know of it as it's so good...who is responsible for the publicity...fire them!!
Umm... I think that's what their last round of touring was for!

SallyGee
06-16-2012, 08:57 PM
I was in Applebee's for dinner and No More Cloudy Days was playing. Came home and my neighbors are having a party oyside. Hotel California is playing. It's a good night! Little things make me happy!:)

EaglesKiwi
06-17-2012, 04:42 AM
I was in Applebee's for dinner and No More Cloudy Days was playing. Came home and my neighbors are having a party oyside. Hotel California is playing. It's a good night! Little things make me happy!:)
I know how you feel, SallyGee!

lizzyplays
06-18-2012, 07:47 AM
I stopped at CVS the other night, after work, to pick up a few items. While browsing down the dental hygiene aisle, "Take It Easy" came on over the sound system. I sang out loud, all the way from the toothpaste to the mouthwash!

WalshFan88
06-19-2012, 09:26 PM
I had Pandora Radio going outside while I was in the pool swimming and on the classic rock station and right as I was taking my last lap LITFL came on! Nice little ending to the swim as I hadn't heard any Eagles songs for the hour or so I was out there!

GlennLover
06-19-2012, 09:40 PM
As I was shopping in Walmart today TLR played on their sound system. :-) I was in the middle of my shopping so I heard the whole song, but even if I had been through I would have stayed until it was over! Isn't that an unwritten Border rule? :laugh:

Ive always been a dreamer
06-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Yep, GL - that is most definitely an unwritten Border rule! :wink:

And BTW - was TLR that you heard The Last Resort or The Long Run?

GlennLover
06-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Yep, GL - that is most definitely an unwritten Border rule! :wink:

And BTW - was TLR that you heard The Last Resort or The Long Run?

Sorry, I didn't think of that. It was The Long Run.

06-19-2012, 10:03 PM
I know - it's confusing because there aren't too many Eagles songs that have the same initials - in fact these may be the only ones. Well, no matter which one you heard, you couldn't go wrong! :thumbsup:

eaglesvet
06-22-2012, 01:37 AM
Our grocery check-out lanes in ShopRite have small video screens at the beginning, that usually play a useless TMZ celebrity interview or maybe a Jay Leno "Headlines" piece if I'm lucky. Imagine my surprise when Glenn's "Route 66" video was playing as I rolled my cart into the lane! Unfortunately, it was already about half over when I pulled up :depressed:, but now I have something to potentially look forward to the next time I shop!

EaglesKiwi
06-22-2012, 02:58 AM
ooh, very cool!!

TimothyBFan
06-22-2012, 08:59 AM
Well that makes standing in line a little easier!!!

Windeagle
06-27-2012, 10:40 PM
Just got back from a Shawn Colvin concert. She put on a good show, even though the audience was pretty lackluster.

Anyway, the highlight of the show for me was when she paused during of one of her songs and talked about how it was mostly two simple chords and how many songs you could make with the same chords. She segued her song into "Put A Little Love In Your Heart", then into "Just My Imagination", then into "Beast of Burden." The next segue began with the line "I'm going back in time and it's a sweet dream". I squealed a little at that, then she went into the chorus of "Best of My Love," and finished off by blending right into "Heart of the Matter." She had the audience singing with her on that one (or tried to, anyway).

When she finished, she gushed "I love Don Henley!"

To top off the evening, as my husband and I walked back to the car, we passed a bar with an outdoor stage. A singer with an acoustic guitar was doing a rousing version of "Take It Easy." I sang along as we passed by. I swear, the dozen people in the bar had more energy than the entire audience at the Colvin show. Poor Shawn.

EaglesKiwi
06-30-2012, 05:07 AM
Hmm, I wonder what it is that makes an audience "buzz" or "lacklustre".

After all, everybody pays for a ticket so presumably they all wanted to be there in the first place...

zeldabjr
07-01-2012, 08:19 PM
I was at my sister's house last night...she was watching a Nascar race:yuck: so I read...several times I saw a commercial and the music in it was The Heat Is On...I was so excited to hear it...but for the life of me I can't remember what the commercial was for!! oh well

VAisForEagleLovers
07-01-2012, 10:13 PM
I was at my sister's house last night...she was watching a Nascar race:yuck: so I read...several times I saw a commercial and the music in it was The Heat Is On...I was so excited to hear it...but for the life of me I can't remember what the commercial was for!! oh well

It was promoting NASCAR itself.

zeldabjr
07-01-2012, 10:48 PM
It was promoting NASCAR itself.

You've seen it...are you a Nascar fan?...I'd rather just hear the Glenn Frey music!!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-01-2012, 10:52 PM
You've seen it...are you a Nascar fan?...I'd rather just hear the Glenn Frey music!!

I used to be but then Rusty Wallace (#2) retired.

sodascouts
07-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Just got back from a Shawn Colvin concert. She put on a good show, even though the audience was pretty lackluster.

Anyway, the highlight of the show for me was when she paused during of one of her songs and talked about how it was mostly two simple chords and how many songs you could make with the same chords. She segued her song into "Put A Little Love In Your Heart", then into "Just My Imagination", then into "Beast of Burden." The next segue began with the line "I'm going back in time and it's a sweet dream". I squealed a little at that, then she went into the chorus of "Best of My Love," and finished off by blending right into "Heart of the Matter." She had the audience singing with her on that one (or tried to, anyway).

When she finished, she gushed "I love Don Henley!"

To top off the evening, as my husband and I walked back to the car, we passed a bar with an outdoor stage. A singer with an acoustic guitar was doing a rousing version of "Take It Easy." I sang along as we passed by. I swear, the dozen people in the bar had more energy than the entire audience at the Colvin show. Poor Shawn.

Lots of cool Eagles moments - can't fault Shawn's taste!

07-03-2012, 01:23 PM
I agree - Shawn has excellent taste! :thumbsup:

I was caught totally by surprise a little while ago. The heat and humidity are wicked here and I'm supposed to go down to my sister's place on the Chesapeake Bay tomorrow for the 4th of July. Enough about me though - but, what brought this on is I thought I'd check the Weather Channel to see just how miserable we're going to be tomorrow. When I tuned in I was shocked, but delighted to hear No More Cloudy Days playing. I was totally expecting to hear The Heat Is On instead! :grin:

GlennLover
07-03-2012, 02:17 PM
I agree - Shawn has excellent taste! :thumbsup:

I was caught totally by surprise a little while ago. The heat and humidity are wicked here and I'm supposed to go down to my sister's place on the Chesapeake Bay tomorrow for the 4th of July. Enough about me though - but, what brought this on is I thought I'd check the Weather Channel to see just how miserable we're going to be tomorrow. When I tuned in I was shocked, but delighted to hear No More Cloudy Days playing. I was totally expecting to hear The Heat Is On instead! :grin:

That is a good surprise! I thought you were going to say THIO. How cool (no pun(?) intended) that they would play NMCD!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-03-2012, 02:23 PM

This is great! Well, great that our guys are getting airtime of all types. Not great that there's no rain in the forecast. Having so many people here for so many days, I might actually have to think about making sure the well doesn't go dry.

EaglesKiwi
07-18-2012, 05:03 AM
I borrowed my husband's car on Sunday to go to a dog show - his car actually has a radio. On the way to the show they played a "triple shot" of Don Henley (Boys of Summer, New York Minute, Sunset Grill) and on the way home another triple shot of the Eagles (Hotel California from the HFO album, Last Resort, Life In The Fast Lane).

Brooke
07-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Great station EK! :cool:

zeldabjr
07-18-2012, 08:23 PM
I just went to the grocery store...they were playing "I Don't Want to Hear Anymore"...a little sweet Timothy to go with my milk and eggs...Love it!!!

BramwenR
07-19-2012, 06:41 PM
A week ago I was sitting in the dentist's chair with my mouth open and Heartache Tonight was on the radio..so I couldn't even sing along! :shock::headbang:

Maybe that should have been "Toothache Tonight"!! lol:hilarious::nahnah:

Troubadour
07-19-2012, 10:57 PM
I heard Boys of Summer on the radio earlier.

Tori
07-24-2012, 09:16 PM
I'm up at my grandparents' cottage for a few days, and my aunt has a cottage just down the road. So we went over there today to see my adorable baby cousin. They had the radio on and suddenly I heard the telltale intro to Heart Of The Matter! So we turned it all the way up, faced the speakers away from the patio and had HOTM blasting throughout the yard. We were all singing along too. I must say, it was quite awesome. :)

Tiffanny Twisted
07-24-2012, 09:21 PM
long day at work..Coming up on the last half hour.....god blessed me with Hotel California on the radio. Stopped what I was doing and just groved and enjoyed the music.

Makes me fel 15 AGAIN. LOL:hilarious:

Witchy Woman
07-27-2012, 02:10 AM
I was at the Walmart and Ol' 55 came on !! I very loudly sang along whilst doing my grocery shopping !! I heard a few "You go, girl" and got quite a few bemused looks. I had fun !!

Brooke
07-27-2012, 11:01 AM
All Night Long woke me up this morning when my radio came on! I just had to take a few more winks while it played!

Tiffanny Twisted
07-27-2012, 07:52 PM
There's a sandwich shop in West Lafayette that is always playing Joe solo songs, and I once heard Take It Easy in there. The local O'Charley's plays solo Don songs quite a bit, especially End of the Innocence and Heart of the Matter. There's a shopping center on Chauncey Hill where I regularly hear songs like Already Gone, Heartache Tonight, and other of the Eagles' rockers blasted over the loudspeakers.

The most memorable moment like that was when I was walking through a mall one day feeling down about something, and I heard the opening "oooohs" of Part of Me, Part of You. I stopped short, looked up, and got the biggest smile on my face. My spirits lifted immediately. That's the power of good music; that's why we love these guys.

"I couldnt agree more"that"s why we love those guys."

fridays for me are always rough at work. Its like...weekend come on get here already.
Well feeling that way today , lunch wasnt coming quick enough and Debbi
Counton on WMGK did a Joe Walsh coffee break. I was groving to
Rocky mOuntain Way and Lifes Been Good to me. Then she went on to praise the new album.
Changed my mood for the better:thumbsup:

GlennLover
07-28-2012, 02:11 PM
Great way to start the weekend, TT!

Early the other morning I awoke to the sound of "Get Over It"! My husband was watching it on the HFO! Believe me, for him to put this on (when he's not trying to adjust the TV & sound system) is "Hearing the Eagles songs unexpectedly"!

Tiffanny Twisted
07-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Great way to start the weekend, TT!

Early the other morning I awoke to the sound of "Get Over It"! My husband was watching it on the HFO! Believe me, for him to put this on (when he's not trying to adjust the TV & sound system) is "Hearing the Eagles songs unexpectedly"!

LOL...Is hubby an eagles fan??? or just you??

GlennLover
07-28-2012, 10:34 PM
Just me really. He does like them, but he would never put one of their CDs on. I think the fact that I am so fanatical about them is part of the reason. I suppose I play them enough for both of us!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-29-2012, 09:16 AM
On the way up to PA yesterday I had Disc 1 of The Very Best of the Eagles in and listened from beginning to end. When TIE came on a second time, I was making a turn and when it was safe to do so, I switched over to Classic Vinyl. They were playing TIE and it was about five words behind the place where the CD had been! I determined I was meant to listen to the song again.

Tiffanny Twisted
07-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Just me really. He does like them, but he would never put one of their CDs on. I think the fact that I am so fanatical about them is part of the reason. I suppose I play them enough for both of us!
GL-
Has ur hubby ever seen them live in concert??

Has he ever seen them live in concert with u having the time of your life??

He just might feel differently

TT

07-29-2012, 12:58 PM
On the way up to PA yesterday I had Disc 1 of The Very Best of the Eagles in and listened from beginning to end. When TIE came on a second time, I was making a turn and when it was safe to do so, I switched over to Classic Vinyl. They were playing TIE and it was about five words behind the place where the CD had been! I determined I was meant to listen to the song again.

You are a wise woman to recognize that, VA. And let me guess - I bet it didn't hurt you one little bit to listen to that song again, did it? :thumbsup:

Tiffanny Twisted
07-29-2012, 08:10 PM
You are a wise woman to recognize that, VA. And let me guess - I bet it didn't hurt you one little bit to listen to that song again, did it? :thumbsup:

Sometimes a higher power sends us a message thru the songs we listen too.

(example ....you cnat always get what you want by the rolling stones)

For me , it always happens when I needed it most but didnt know it.
glad u had a safe trip
tt

zeldabjr
07-29-2012, 09:39 PM
went to WalMart today...they were playing The Boys of Summer on the PA system!...couldn't leave til the song was over!

Brooke
08-03-2012, 04:24 PM
My alarm clock came on this morning with Boys of Summer playing! Great start to the day!

zeldabjr
08-03-2012, 06:13 PM
got in my car today and they were just starting a block of the Eagles on 97 Rock...Desperado...Victim of Love...then One of These Nights...I call that perfect timing...

Tiffanny Twisted
08-03-2012, 06:26 PM
ok, think this is where I should post this.......

Went to work today and wound up getting sick enough to need to leave to go to the doctor.
ANyway, he took one look at me and said....you need to go to the beach.To which I replied I am to see the eagles in sept. (Who knew he was a fan).( He thinks I need a vaca...yeah I do)

Anyway, I am sick:-( and was sent home and not back to work with he words "YOu need to check into" the Hotel California" and rest . No "Life In the fast lane" for you. And at that point,our guy Don Henley was on the radio singing "the heart of the matter".
So......things happen at unexpected times.

I feel yucky . trying to rest comfortably but it's not esy..I feel yucky :-(

SallyGee
08-03-2012, 07:30 PM
AW, Feel better TT. Hope you get a Peaceful, Easy Feeling:hilarious:

Tiffanny Twisted
08-03-2012, 07:42 PM
AW, Feel better TT. Hope you get a Peaceful, Easy Feeling:hilarious:
Thanks Sally G.

I have a baby shower tomorrow but might skiip if I still feel this crappy.

Thanks again.:thumbsup:

WalshFan88
08-10-2012, 01:41 AM
Heard "Those Shoes" on the radio the other day. So odd to hear that one being played! It's always HC, AG, TIE, PEF, TLR, or OOTN!

Brooke
08-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Best of My Love was playing on the radio as I was driving to work! Nice way to start the day.

zeldabjr
08-24-2012, 07:28 PM
was in Walmart again and they were playing Boys of Summer...seems to happen a lot....then got in my car to leave and they were playing Hotel California on the radio...a perfect trip!

prayfordaylight
09-04-2012, 05:01 PM
All Night Long is playing in my building's gym as I type.

Glennsallnighter
09-05-2012, 09:06 AM
I heard BOML on the car radio on my way back from lunch today. It's a 3 minute drive and it had just started! Lovely!

WalshFan88
09-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Dirty Laundry was on the radio today in the car. Love that tune and it's solos!

Brooke
09-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Heard Take It Easy in the car and then went in the grocery store and POM POY was playing! I enjoyed my shopping!

prayfordaylight
09-13-2012, 02:13 PM
My regular bagel shop has a penchant for Tim songs. Heard the end of ICTYW in there today and I've heard LWKUA there in the past.

zeldabjr
09-13-2012, 03:59 PM
My regular bagel shop has a penchant for Tim songs. Heard the end of ICTYW in there today and I've heard LWKUA there in the past.

sweet!!!:heart:

Tiffanny Twisted
09-17-2012, 10:16 PM
Hey, today was a really busy monday for me :brickwall:

I have my usual work I am responsible for but today the weekend gal didnt do anything with the faxes and there were 10 rx re fills and 6 emergency room reports and 5 letters from other doctors....getting the picture. I had to address all that plus the emergencys that walk in on Monday.ANyway..just when I was getting frustrated...Hotel Calif came on the radio.:)
An hour after that it was Lying eyes:) and after lunch it was take it easy.:)

So....the radio gods rewarded me with little perk reminders to keep going today...till I got in the car and LROOE was in the cd player with How LOng when I started the car:)

MAde the day nicer :hilarious:

tt

zeldabjr
09-17-2012, 10:24 PM
Hey, today was a really busy monday for me :brickwall:

I have my usual work I am responsible for but today the weekend gal didnt do anything with the faxes and there were 10 rx re fills and 6 emergency room reports and 5 letters from other doctors....getting the picture. I had to address all that plus the emergencys that walk in on Monday.ANyway..just when I was getting frustrated...Hotel Calif came on the radio.:)
An hour after that it was Lying eyes:) and after lunch it was take it easy.:)

So....the radio gods rewarded me with little perk reminders to keep going today...till I got in the car and LROOE was in the cd player with How LOng when I started the car:)

MAde the day nicer :hilarious:

tt

the Eagles gods were watching over you today!!!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-17-2012, 10:29 PM
boy are you right.
I wasnt feeling good and I was trying to stick it out.
Keep looking at "my peaceful easy feeling" picture and shells but if it wasnt for the music , I would have lost it.

tt:)

Glennsallnighter
09-24-2012, 07:00 PM
Just seen an ad for a new TV series called 'So I Married A Gangster'. But quite prominently in the background 'the Good Life' was playing!!

sodascouts
09-24-2012, 08:33 PM
Oooh! Glenn's version??

Tiffanny Twisted
09-25-2012, 07:29 PM
Just seen an ad for a new TV series called 'So I Married A Gangster'. But quite prominently in the background 'the Good Life' was playing!!

iS THE SHOW ON CABLE OR NETWORK??

GlennLover
09-25-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm wathching DWTS & ABC just aired an ad for a new series called "The Last Resort".

WalshFan88
09-26-2012, 01:16 PM
I've been at Dr. Appts the last two days and it seems like the Eagles have been playing CONSTANTLY. Not that I have a problem with that. ;)

First it was LE yesterday on XM and then today in the car I heard OOTN and in the waiting room I heard TITTL.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-26-2012, 06:44 PM
See , the gods are watching over you:)

hope all is well

zeldabjr
09-26-2012, 06:56 PM
I am listening to the sports talk radio station here in Buffalo...there are two guys on the air from 3-7P...the one guy "Bulldog" just said "Take It To The Limit" by the Eagles is one song you do not want to have stuck in your head'...and they started playing it in the background...and then he said he heard it today while pumping gas and now he can't get it out of his head...and he hates it!!!...the other guy said "i like that song"...not sure whether or not to change the station..I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I am sitting here with my jaw on the floor :jawdrop:...thinking how dare you say that about any Eagles song!...he just went down a few pegs in my book...am I overreacting? maybe so but I don't like people criticizing them...only we can..in our oh so loving way:hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-26-2012, 07:19 PM
Wow, Zelda, do yourself a favor and never search on any of our guys on Twitter. Some of the things I read makes my eyes pop. Even the good things that are said can be...weird. Like earlier today, a guy said he was cooking dinner. Naked. While listening to Don Henley.

zeldabjr
09-26-2012, 07:30 PM
Wow, Zelda, do yourself a favor and never search on any of our guys on Twitter. Some of the things I read makes my eyes pop. Even the good things that are said can be...weird. Like earlier today, a guy said he was cooking dinner. Naked. While listening to Don Henley.

oh no I couldn't handle it...weird I can handle, but not not criticizing them...someone really said that about Don ...huh...now I've got that picture in my head!:hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-26-2012, 07:41 PM
On my screen right now (I keep them up and refresh every once in a while) I see some guy saying Dirty Laundry is the second worst Henley song (second to If Dirt Were Dollars) and that he had a terrible solo career. Immediately below that is a woman who really really wants to hear Boys of Summer but she can't find a link to a video. I almost replied with 'for $0.99 on Amazon you could buy it and listen to it whenever you want'. But I didn't.

What bothers me is all the hate tweets Joe's been getting that are intended for the Congressman Joe Walsh. Some are pretty bad.

On a good note, while I was outside having a fight with the shop-vac, one of the neighbors was playing Hotel California.

09-27-2012, 12:43 PM
Aww zelda - don't be too sensitive about criticism about the band. There is a contingency of Eagles haters out there in the world, but, forturnately, they are not nearly as strong and plentiful as the Eagle lovers. I let most of what I read just roll of my back, although, I have to admit that occasionally I'll see something that sets me off. :thumbsup:

zeldabjr
09-27-2012, 06:03 PM
Aww zelda - don't be too sensitive about criticism about the band. There is a contingency of Eagles haters out there in the world, but, forturnately, they are not nearly as strong and plentiful as the Eagle lovers. I let most of what I read just roll of my back, although, I have to admit that occasionally I'll see something that sets me off. :thumbsup:

I know you and VA are right...but when one of my own favorite radio guys says he "hates" anything Eagles...makes my hair stand on end!!!

Troubadour
09-28-2012, 05:59 PM
I was shopping for new boots today in Marks and Spencer and suddenly heard the first strains of One Of These Nights. SIGH! Don's voice on that song is so sexy!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-28-2012, 07:38 PM
:hilarious:couldn't agree with you more.

Today I heard "boys of Summer" and my boss and I turend to each other at the same time and said
"LOVE THIS SONG":hilarious::hilarious:

sodascouts
09-28-2012, 08:10 PM
On my recent trip to see Stevie last week, we heard "Take It Easy" in O'Charley's. One of my friends, knowing how much I love the Eagles, joked "Nancy can't escape them!"

09-28-2012, 08:23 PM
"Nancy can't escape them!"

As if you would actually want to ????? lol

And, Troub, I hadn't noticed that Don's voice is sexy on OOTN. Thanks for pointing that out to me. :lie: :wink:

Troubadour
09-28-2012, 08:30 PM
You're welcome! I'm the queen of stating the bleedin' obvious. ;)

GlennLover
09-28-2012, 11:39 PM
I was shopping for new boots today in Marks and Spencer and suddenly heard the first strains of One Of These Nights. SIGH! Don's voice on that song is so sexy!

Oh, Marks & Spencer! I miss that store! we don't have them in Canada anymore. :sad:

EaglesKiwi
10-03-2012, 04:10 AM
"Nancy can't escape them!"

As if you would actually want to ????? lol

And, Troub, I hadn't noticed that Don's voice is sexy on OOTN. Thanks for pointing that out to me. :lie: :wink:
But then again, they can't escape Nancy... 8)

And oh yes, Don's voice on OOTN mmmhmmm. :inlove:

Troubadour
10-03-2012, 12:35 PM
That's a shame, GL! I love M&S.

TimothyBFan
10-12-2012, 04:43 PM
I was beside myself last night. Hubby and I were on our way home from dinner last night and had Sirius Classic Vinyl on in the car. They played Take It To The Limit, which hubby and I harmonized on :thumbsup:, and then the DJ came on talking about the lead singer of that song and how he left on such bad terms, even to the point of him and Glenn Frey telling each other they would kick each others butts on stage. :brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brick wall::brickwall: I was so p*ssed off, I almost drove off the road and was yelling at the radio that that wasn't Randy Meisner it was Don Felder, etc.... all the time while hubby was laughing at me, which p*ssed me off even more. :hilarious:

Some people are just clueless and should keep their mouths shut!!!

Freypower
10-12-2012, 06:30 PM
I was beside myself last night. Hubby and I were on our way home from dinner last night and had Sirius Classic Vinyl on in the car. They played Take It To The Limit, which hubby and I harmonized on :thumbsup:, and then the DJ came on talking about the lead singer of that song and how he left on such bad terms, even to the point of him and Glenn Frey telling each other they would kick each others butts on stage. :brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brick wall::brickwall: I was so p*ssed off, I almost drove off the road and was yelling at the radio that that wasn't Randy Meisner it was Don Felder, etc.... all the time while hubby was laughing at me, which p*ssed me off even more. :hilarious:

Some people are just clueless and should keep their mouths shut!!!

They may have been thinking about the incident prior to Randy's leaving where he didn't want to sing TITTL, Glenn called him a 'pussy' & then (I think) he threw a punch at Glenn. It's easy to mix these things up.

lizzyplays
10-12-2012, 10:38 PM
On the way to work this evening, I almost rear-ended a car on the highway because I got so excited when I heard "Already Gone" coming on. Sadly, it was just a clip as part of the radio stations' advertisement!! That just made me want to really rear-end someone... :brickwall:

But, THEN... just as soon as I cranked the car for the drive home, "Life in the Fast Lane" came on and all was right with the world... especially since they followed it with "Welcome to the Jungle".... I was in music heaven!!

WalshFan88
10-14-2012, 05:05 PM
I heard "Take It Easy" today in Walmart. Pretty cool.

zeldabjr
10-14-2012, 06:03 PM
I heard "Take It Easy" today in Walmart. Pretty cool.

My WalMart seems to play a lot of Eagles

Brooke
10-14-2012, 06:32 PM
Yesterday in the car One Day At A Time came on the radio. Afterwards, the dj said that the song was inspired by Valeria Bertinelli's sitcom, One Day At A Time! I told my husband I didn't think the dj knew Joe Walsh very well! :lol:

SallyGee
10-15-2012, 08:19 PM
Remember when DJs used to actually know things about music? I miss those days.

WalshFan88
10-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Yesterday in the car One Day At A Time came on the radio. Afterwards, the dj said that the song was inspired by Valeria Bertinelli's sitcom, One Day At A Time! I told my husband I didn't think the dj knew Joe Walsh very well! :lol:
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

TimothyBFan
10-16-2012, 09:49 AM
Listening to Ol' 55 on Sirius XM- The Bridge!:thumbsup:

prayfordaylight
10-16-2012, 04:36 PM
Last thing I heard as I was driving to work was a double shot of PEF and Victim of Love. First thing I heard when I got in the car to come home was another double shot (missed the first song) with Hotel California.

VAisForEagleLovers
10-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Last thing I heard as I was driving to work was a double shot of PEF and Victim of Love. First thing I heard when I got in the car to come home was another double shot (missed the first song) with Hotel California.

Really? Where you listening to 100.3? It seems like every Tuesday I ask for two-fer's of Eagles and they never ever play them. So I stopped asking. I basically stopped listening anyway when they fired Tommy.

StephUK
10-16-2012, 05:15 PM
When I was shopping at Morrisons last Thursday they played 'Hotel California'. I'd picked up most of the things I wanted, so I just wandered around the store so that I could listen to the whole song!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-16-2012, 08:06 PM
are you kidding me.
what a dodobrain(the dj)

Troubadour
10-17-2012, 07:32 AM
I forgot to say, when I went home at the weekend, my Mum picked me up at the train station and 'The Heat Is On' was playing on the radio when I got into the car.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-17-2012, 09:38 AM
aah..such a nice welcome home MUm and the glenn;);):blueblob:

prayfordaylight
10-17-2012, 09:43 AM
Really? Where you listening to 100.3? It seems like every Tuesday I ask for two-fer's of Eagles and they never ever play them. So I stopped asking. I basically stopped listening anyway when they fired Tommy.

Yup, it was 100.3. I barely listen during the week anymore - also because of Tommy but I got lucky yesterday.

zeldabjr
10-21-2012, 10:27 PM
watching Sunday Night Football...they just did a piece on Dick LeBeau...to the music "Life's Been Good"...love it!

Grey Sadler
10-22-2012, 04:33 PM
Two days in a row...on two different stations...at about the same time, I turned on the radio and got "Life in the Fast Lane" :thumbsup:. Yesterday was apparently a "Rock Block" weekend on the Knoxville station, since they played OOTN and Take it Easy right after that...

pueblo47
10-22-2012, 05:49 PM
In the vet's office today: Take It To The Limit :inlove:

Tiffanny Twisted
10-22-2012, 05:59 PM
in the middle of my work day..lol when I needed it most " Life's been Good" by JW . Then THe dj praised "ANALOG MAN ". It made my day:partytime::partytime:

WalshFan88
10-24-2012, 03:46 AM
TT - Very cool! LBG is my fav Joe tune.

Speaking of Joe, In The City was playing in the doctor's office yesterday.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-24-2012, 05:10 PM
see Austin...JW can cheer up anyone anywhere. :thud:

(PSST...its my fave too..lol:rockguitar:)

WalshFan88
11-06-2012, 09:41 AM
I heard ICTYW yesterday on the road. It was great. I really love that guitar solo too.

Tiffanny Twisted
11-06-2012, 08:37 PM
ok I came out from voting and got in the car and Joe walsh was on the radio in the middle of the song rocky mountain way ..somthing about a change...
And all I could think of was Grey sadler saying she wanted to vote for buffet walsh ..lol

zeldabjr
11-09-2012, 12:13 PM
just went to the grocery store just to use the ATM machine...Dirty Laundry was just starting in the store...of course I couldn't leave until it was over...so I ended up buying some cat food!

Grey Sadler
11-10-2012, 04:26 PM
ok I came out from voting and got in the car and Joe walsh was on the radio in the middle of the song rocky mountain way ..somthing about a change...
And all I could think of was Grey sadler saying she wanted to vote for buffet walsh ..lol

:hilarious:
That was probably the line "time to change the batter"!!

whitcap
11-10-2012, 11:56 PM
I got in the car and heard the very end of litfl, and then they played hc, bos, tie :)

Koala
11-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Heard yesterday The End of Innocence on the radio!Except Boys of Summer will rather little played solo stuff!

StephUK
11-24-2012, 08:34 PM
The Masterchef Australia finals are being trailered on TV using 'The Heat is On' as the theme music.

VAisForEagleLovers
11-24-2012, 11:33 PM
Does background singing count? I heard Ramblin' Gamblin' Man on the radio during the drive back to VA.

prayfordaylight
11-26-2012, 08:55 AM
Heard You Belong To The City and Sunset Grill on a radio station in Puerto Rico last week.

StephUK
12-01-2012, 01:10 PM
On Thursday I was at my GP's surgery waiting for a nurse to give me a flu injection and they had the radio on in the waiting room, and they played Lyin' Eyes - and yes, I was waiting long enough to hear the whole song (for once, a positive thing about waiting times in the NHS!!:laugh::laugh:

Tiffanny Twisted
12-01-2012, 01:15 PM
a good thing steph the song not the flu shot lol

Grey Sadler
12-03-2012, 12:11 AM
James Dean...
tonight at Chili's ...
when I was in the restroom :hilarious:

WalshFan88
12-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Already Gone in the car while headed to the ER a few nights ago.... :lol:

VAisForEagleLovers
12-03-2012, 11:46 PM
Already Gone in the car while headed to the ER a few nights ago.... :lol:

OK, I love this song, but I never want to hear it when I'm on my way to the ER. Jus' sayin'.

Prettymaid
12-03-2012, 11:48 PM
OK, I love this song, but I never want to hear it when I'm on my way to the ER. Jus' sayin'.

Lol VA! I know what you mean.

WalshFan88
12-04-2012, 07:17 PM

Exactly!!!!! I literally no sooner left to head out and that song comes on the radio.

zeldabjr
01-17-2013, 03:32 PM
I just heard " The Heat Is On" in the grocery store...I got a big smile on my face and was walking down a crowded aisle...people were probably wonderin' what's up with her!...but I can't help bustin' out in a big smile when I'm doing a chore and...the boys or boy comes on unexpectedly to brighten my day!!!

Troubadour
01-21-2013, 03:43 PM
LOL VA!

Zelda's post reminded me that 'The Heat Is On' was used for a Tesco advert over the Christmas period. (Tesco is a supermarket chain, for those who don't have it in their country.) I texted GA as soon as I heard the ad and she looked out for it. Haha. We all own these songs and listen to them hundreds of times, but as soon as they appear on an advert or the radio, we get all overexcited! :D

GlennLover
01-22-2013, 01:19 AM
I was in a local Italian restaurant Saturday night & suddenly I hear "You're a part of me, I'm a part of you" playing. Great way to start off the meal!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Heard New Kid in Town on Classic Vinyl yesterday afternoon on the car radio.

Tori
01-22-2013, 10:25 AM
Heard Sunset Grill in the grocery store the other day. My mom was surprised I hadn't noticed it earlier. Spent the rest of the song singing in the aisles. :)

VAisForEagleLovers
01-23-2013, 10:32 PM
On my way into the restaurant this evening, they were playing music both inside and out and Don's Boys of Summer was on. So of course I started singing as I walked and danced as well (it was bitterly cold and so dancing served two purposes). I got in the restaurant to find all the hostesses and waitresses and most of the patrons in the bar grinning at me. What could I do? I grinned and said I was going to see him in concert next week. The hostess said, "No, it's great, we love to see stuff like that."

Grey Sadler
01-24-2013, 08:10 PM
Well, one of my bellringer/journaling questions today was "What's your top three favorite albums?"...so I had to share three of my favorites, starting with Desperado...which got one of my 4th-block boys busting out and singing the title track at the top of his lungs :lol:

I joined in...even if he sounded like "bad Vegas karaoke that would make Don Henley cry" :nahnah:

Troubadour
01-24-2013, 09:15 PM
LOL, GS! I love it.

Tiffanny Twisted
01-26-2013, 09:53 PM
I was in the acme and Glenn just started singing,,,,,wow had to keep walking and listening...waited to check out lol

zeldabjr
01-26-2013, 10:00 PM
I was in the acme and Glenn just started singing,,,,,wow had to keep walking and listening...waited to check out lol

do we all do this kind of thing?...I do it...and I think it's a definite sign of addiction!

Tiffanny Twisted
01-26-2013, 10:14 PM
do we all do this kind of thing?...I do it...and I think it's a definite sign of addiction!
addiction???
what addiction?? I dont see any problems here :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

EagleLady
02-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Heard Desperado on the way back from Walmart :partytime:

Topkat
02-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Already Gone is on the radio now, Just turned it on at work & my guys are on!!!:):):):):)Making my day a little better!

prayfordaylight
02-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Heard Tequila Sunrise (which is NEVER on the radio here) and Already Gone on my way to work this morning.

Brooke
02-04-2013, 10:49 AM
Take It Easy on the radio at work first thing this morning! It's gonna be a good day! :yay:

TimothyBFan
02-05-2013, 12:18 PM
Try And Love Again on Sirius The Bridge right now.

Tiffanny Twisted
02-05-2013, 10:31 PM
heArtache tonight on the wAY home ...on the radio with andre gardner

prayfordaylight
02-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Just heard Lyin Eyes on the way to work. The classic rock station here has finally seemed to realize people want to hear Eagles songs besides Hotel California once in awhile!

Grey Sadler
02-08-2013, 11:58 PM
Take It Easy on the radio at work first thing this morning! It's gonna be a good day! :yay:

Our local rock station played it on my way home yesterday!! :partytime:

Troubadour
02-09-2013, 06:06 PM
I was in a shop the other day and suddenly 'I Don't Want To Hear Anymore' started playing. I was so surprised! I've never heard it in public before. It made me smile and I had to text Willie to tell her!

zeldabjr
02-09-2013, 08:19 PM
I was in a shop the other day and suddenly 'I Don't Want To Hear Anymore' started playing. I was so surprised! I've never heard it in public before. It made me smile and I had to text Willie to tell her!

I heard it once in the grocery store...I was a happy girl

Troubadour
02-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Hearing that song live in concert made me appreciate it so much more. I love it. Tim sounds gorgeous.

tequila girl
02-09-2013, 08:28 PM
My local small family-run department/food store often play Eagles songs....I frequently spend more time in there than is necessary.....

zeldabjr
02-09-2013, 09:56 PM
Hearing that song live in concert made me appreciate it so much more. I love it. Tim sounds gorgeous.

did the Eagles do it? or did he do it solo when you saw him?
I heard him do it last summer when he toured solo...sounded beautiful...I'm praying his beautiful voice comes back to us!!!

Freypower
02-09-2013, 10:23 PM
did the Eagles do it? or did he do it solo when you saw him?
I heard him do it last summer when he toured solo...sounded beautiful...I'm praying his beautiful voice comes back to us!!!

The Eagles did it on the LROOE tour. I saw it done in 2010.

zeldabjr
02-09-2013, 10:28 PM
The Eagles did it on the LROOE tour. I saw it done in 2010.

dare I dream???

WalshFan88
02-09-2013, 11:34 PM
Because I'm in Florida this week and out and about, I've heard more Eagles songs than I have in a long time. Not that I'm complaining. ;)

I've heard Turn To Stone twice, Take It Easy once, Walk Away once, and Already Gone once.

prayfordaylight
02-12-2013, 10:01 AM
Heard Already Gone at dinner last night and The Long Run just as I was parking my car at work this morning.

Grey Sadler
02-12-2013, 08:58 PM
I've had some good luck the past few days this week finding Eagles songs on the radio! Today I flipped over to a local station and HC was playing (actually started with it on CD this morning and finished as I was leaving the parking lot at school)...was very interesting because this particular station is a stereo simulcast of an AM station, so it sounded nice and retro :thumbsup:

Brooke
02-13-2013, 11:33 AM
If I posted every time I heard an Eagles song on the radio around here, I wouldn't get much done! Evidently the dj's in my area all love the Eagles cause I hear several songs every day! I'm a lucky girl!

RebeccaLovesEagles
02-13-2013, 07:57 PM
Picture this, I was in dentist's office today getting a cast done of a tooth. I had my mouth full of putty and Lyin' Eyes comes on. I'm humming and tapping as the dentist holds my teeth. It was a very intresting experience :hilarious:

zeldabjr
02-13-2013, 10:41 PM
sort of like "a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down"...Eagles songs make the dentist chair easier!!!

RebeccaLovesEagles
02-13-2013, 11:50 PM
sort of like "a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down"...Eagles songs make the dentist chair easier!!!

It did make it better :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
02-14-2013, 07:51 AM
If I posted every time I heard an Eagles song on the radio around here, I wouldn't get much done! Evidently the dj's in my area all love the Eagles cause I hear several songs every day! I'm a lucky girl!

Me too Brooke. I listen to Satellite radio and they play an Eagles song almost every hour --and depending on the station, I get to hear some pretty obscure ones you don't hear on mainstream radio at all. Love it!:thumbsup:

sodascouts
02-14-2013, 10:54 AM
Picture this, I was in dentist's office today getting a cast done of a tooth. I had my mouth full of putty and Lyin' Eyes comes on. I'm humming and tapping as the dentist holds my teeth. It was a very intresting experience :hilarious:

Pretty difficult to rock out from that position! lol

RebeccaLovesEagles
02-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Pretty difficult to rock out from that position! lol

You'd think.. I'm dedicated and the dr and I had just been discussing the eagles and the documentary so he didn't even give me a weird look when i started humming with his fingers in my mouth :)

VAisForEagleLovers
02-14-2013, 09:27 PM
I went to Wegmans (a grocery store) to get things for tomorrow's dinner and decided to have dinner off the buffet there since they have Indian food. As I sat and ate, I heard Last Worthless Evening. Made me smile, remembering the concert a few weeks ago.

zeldabjr
02-14-2013, 09:38 PM
I just went to the liquor store to buy my pink champagne...and what started playing?..The Best of My Love...

VAisForEagleLovers
02-14-2013, 09:46 PM
I just went to the liquor store to buy my pink champagne...and what started playing?..The Best of My Love...

I really thought you were gonna say Hotel California!!!

I should have looked for some at Wegmans, never gave it a thought.

Tiffanny Twisted
02-14-2013, 10:17 PM
I went to Wegmans (a grocery store) to get things for tomorrow's dinner and decided to have dinner off the buffet there since they have Indian food. As I sat and ate, I heard Last Worthless Evening. Made me smile, remembering the concert a few weeks ago.
omg.......i heard all she wants to do is dance before i went into work today and had to sit in the car till it was over and all i could think of was the concert and how good he was and how much fun I had with you guys :hilarious:

TimothyBFan
02-15-2013, 08:18 AM
As I was typing my FB status this morning about my excitement about tonight, Hotel California started playing on the radio. Those Eagles have the best timing sometimes!:thumbsup:

Brooke
02-20-2013, 11:39 AM
This morning Peaceful Easy Feeling came on the radio as I was driving to work. I had to drive slow so I could hear it all! Great way to start the day!

Brooke
02-20-2013, 04:58 PM
This morning coming to work in the car-Peaceful Easy Feeling

This afternoon-Take It Easy and Tequila Sunrise

It's been a good day!

Troubadour
02-22-2013, 02:07 PM
New Kid In Town was playing in the shop today!

Outlawman13
02-23-2013, 10:51 PM
The accoustic version of Hotel California was playing tonight as I was heading to eat out with my parents. That is my favourite version of that song. I could not stop dancing to it. LOL.

zeldabjr
03-27-2013, 04:52 PM
I was in a Valu Home Center today...kind of like a smaller version of a Home Depot...and what came on?...One Of These Nights!!!....walked around the store singing and grinning like a fool...hope nobody noticed!!!

Outlawman13
03-27-2013, 05:07 PM
OHHHH amazing song to be singing and dancing. LOL I love those times too. I smile like a fool when they come too. LOL.

bluefox4000
03-27-2013, 06:21 PM
How about 2 things both in dreams.

1. I dreamed I was in Social studies class when I was in high school. The teacher randomly takes out a guitar, as do I. we both proceed to jump into Saturday night. With back up from the class.

2. And.....Hearing I wish You Peace, of all songs on a jukebox.

Mick

Windeagle
03-27-2013, 09:44 PM
I heard Busy Being Fabulous at the grocery store the other night and did a few little line-dance steps in the dairy aisle.

Outlawman13
03-31-2013, 01:19 PM
LOL it was last Tuesday (in Specs) when I heard Dirty Laundry. I was just talking to my dad how they often play Don Henley stuff and there it was. LOL I was just smiling and singing along with it.

Glennsallnighter
04-02-2013, 08:44 PM
I went into Walgreens on Times Square on Sunday evening to get some painkillers for Laura. Just as I entered 'Heartache Tonight' started playing on the PA system, and it was NOT interrupted by announcements!!!

I'm sure more than one person wondered what a woman was doing taking nearly 4 mins to pick up a box of ibuprofen, ans why she had a silly grin on her face!

Then on the flight home last night 'OOTN' was one of the music albums offered on the inflight entertainment.

Grey Sadler
04-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Was out getting more groceries when Sunset Grill came on...and yes, I had to sing along!! :D

Tori
04-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Went to the grocery store with my mom today... Those Shoes came on the radio right as we were leaving, and ended right as we were pulling in the driveway! Perfect timing. The DJ also mentioned how they were coming to Summerfest, which resulted in squealing from me. :D

Brooke
04-04-2013, 04:13 PM
I have a radio station called cool oldies on at work and in my car. Every time they do an advertisement for the station they play a chord at the very beginning and it reminds me of No More Walks In The Wood and I think they are going to play that song, but they don't. It's the advertisement. :lol:

johnnycomelately89
04-06-2013, 05:37 PM
last night while at the bar, i was sitting there with my friends and i heard you belong to the city come out of the jukebox. i was super excited about. then about fifteen minutes later the heat is on started to play. last night was a total success.

Glennsallnighter
04-07-2013, 06:27 AM
Exactly where is this bar JCM?

AstraeaLunaAvani
04-07-2013, 08:28 AM
I don't know if this is considered unexpectedly or not, but in the last 3 days, the radio here has played Hotel California, The Boys of Summer, and All She Wants To Do Is Dance. I don't remember hearing the Eagles (or even Don) on the radio in a long time, but you know how when you really get into a band then suddenly you start noticing them everywhere! lol

Tiffanny Twisted
04-07-2013, 03:01 PM
wegmans
boys of summer checking out last night at 930 so i called zelda lol:guitar:

Outlawman13
04-08-2013, 04:09 PM
last night while at the bar, i was sitting there with my friends and i heard you belong to the city come out of the jukebox. i was super excited about. then about fifteen minutes later the heat is on started to play. last night was a total success.

Man you are lucky that the jukebox has those.

johnnycomelately89
04-10-2013, 01:15 AM
Exactly where is this bar JCM?

its in corvallis oregon. called clodfelters

sad-cafe
04-10-2013, 06:18 PM
I listen to a Classic Rock station and they usually play 4/5 Eagle songs a day. I love it. My students know I my passion for The Eagles. My screen saver in my classroom is a beautiful photo of Timothy B. I actually think I found it on this forum.

GlennLover
04-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Last night while I was shopping in Walmart I heard Boys of Summer. That certainly enhanced my shopping experience.

desperado
04-11-2013, 06:35 PM
i was at my desk today at work, pretty blue, and it was lunch time, and the NYC station i listen to plays blocks of artists sent in by listeners. I was ready to head out, but it was an Eagles block!

1 NEW KID IN TOWN
2. WITCHY WOMAN
3. HOTEL CALIF

the last song was "Get Over It". turned me around, big smiles!

desperado
04-11-2013, 06:37 PM
Last night while I was shopping in Walmart I heard Boys of Summer. That certainly enhanced my shopping experience.
that is my fav don henley, i'd be flying down the aisles!

Freypower
04-11-2013, 07:50 PM
True Love just came up on SongPop on Facebook! Fortunately my opponent knew it too! :partytime:

TimothyBFan
04-15-2013, 11:38 AM
I was loading the dishwasher earlier and had the water running and thought I heard a familiar voice in the background (there is always music going somewhere in the house 24 hours a day) so I shut off the water and could hear I Can See Everything by Poco playing in the next room.

Glennsallnighter
04-15-2013, 03:13 PM
Your house sounds like men Willie! Music 24/7!

I was getting petrol this morning. As I stood in line in the garage to pay the familiar intro of 'Heartache Tonight' came on. I sang quietly along till the guy took my money. He asked 'anything else?' 'Yeah! Radio station is that?' 'nova'. I ran out and retuned to Nova for the rest of the song!

zeldabjr
04-25-2013, 08:49 PM
I'm listening to the NFL Draft on our local sports talk radio station...they're using 'Live in the Fast Lane' as the background music!!!

EaglesKiwi
04-26-2013, 06:19 AM
Ducked out to grab sushi on Wednesday, and as there was a table free in the shop we ate there. While my colleagues were having a dreafully boring conversation about work, the radio station played the HFO version of New York Minute. :thumbsup:

Outlawman13
04-26-2013, 10:43 AM
That is too cool!!! I love that song. One of my favvies from Don Henley.

EagleLady
04-27-2013, 08:59 PM
They just played a snippet of Heartache Tonight On The NASCAR Race as it was going to commercial!

sad-cafe
04-28-2013, 01:09 PM
went to the grocery store this morning. I really didn't want to go, but hubby did. Walked in and "The Heat Is On" was playing. Needless to say, it made my shopping a little easier to do.

Outlawman13
04-28-2013, 01:35 PM
That is way too awesome that you heard that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never heard that on the radio before. That would make my shopping easier as well.

sad-cafe
04-28-2013, 08:28 PM
It put a spark in my step

Grey Sadler
05-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Today my roommate teacher pulled up iHeart Radio for 2nd block today...so far I've heard...Heart of the Matter, The One You Love...and All Night Long (last two back to back!)...told her I liked whatever station she had on, she told me she punched in "Eagles" in the search box...

I think I have her trained well :D

Edit: now Tequila Sunrise is playing...good day today...but what are the chances of playing Never Been In Love?? :partytime:

zeldabjr
05-03-2013, 10:57 AM
I just went to WalMart...Peaceful Easy Feeling was playing!!!

Glennsallnighter
05-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Today my roommate teacher pulled up iHeart Radio for 2nd block today...so far I've heard...Heart of the Matter, The One You Love...and All Night Long (last two back to back!)...told her I liked whatever station she had on, she told me she punched in "Eagles" in the search box...

Edit: now Tequila Sunrise is playing...good day today...but what are the chances of playing Never Been In Love?? :partytime:

Sounds like you are having a good day in Hell GS!

Topkat
05-03-2013, 11:09 AM
This morning my alarm went off to Hotel California....so I lied in bed to listen to it, but that jerk of a DJ cut the end of the song...Boy was I pissed about that:brickwall:

WalshFan88
05-03-2013, 08:44 PM
I heard 3, count 'em 3 songs on 3 different channels on the radio (Sirius) today in the car... First LITFL, then TBOML, then PEF... That didn't suck. :hilarious:

Prettymaid
05-03-2013, 10:31 PM

Next time punch in Randy Meisner. I'll bet they eventually play it!

AftertheThrill
05-06-2013, 05:10 PM
Not really hearing a song but I noticed that my Amazon order is being shipped from Coffeyville which made Doolin start playing in my head.

glenneaglesfan
05-06-2013, 06:01 PM
It's a bit late, but heard Girl From Yesterday on Radio 2 last Thursday. Never ever heard that before on the radio. It was a request , so thank you to whoever sent it in!

Glennsallnighter
05-06-2013, 06:21 PM
Nice one gef!

Grey Sadler
05-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Roomie-teacher has iHeart Radio on the Eagles station again...they just finished ICTYW (which I sang along to, of course)...followed with...HEARTS ON FIRE!!!!! :partytime:
Well...it wasn't NBIL, but I have my final assessment meeting for the year in a few minutes, and hearing some Randy has brightened my countenance profusely :thumbsup:

sad-cafe
05-07-2013, 08:00 PM
the DJ on the classic rock station I listen to said this morning that he always had to play an Eagles song between 7-8 AM to start his morning off right! This morning, it was TIE. Through out the day today I heard TIE, WW, HC, LITFL and RMY. On the way home, they played Walsh Lifes Been Good.

Awesome radio day!

Outlawman13
05-07-2013, 08:07 PM
That is too awesome!!!! I wish I had your dj over here. LOL. I need more of the Eagles.

sad-cafe
05-07-2013, 09:06 PM
I think you can stream it KEYN 103.7

VAisForEagleLovers
05-07-2013, 10:12 PM
One of the worst parts of traveling via air is the process of getting on a plane and getting back off. Today at Dulles, getting through the boarding process was greatly helped along by NKIT playing over the sound system. Nice.

glenneaglesfan
05-08-2013, 06:54 PM
The Long Run on Radio 2 today. Follows The End of the Innocence a week ago on my way to a doctors appointment, and a really surprising airing of The Girl From Yesterday last Thursday evening.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-09-2013, 01:27 PM
The music on the shuttlebus from Hertz to the airport played RMW.

sad-cafe
05-11-2013, 04:04 PM
My station is right now playing Hotel California!

Houston Baby
05-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Yesterday on the way to a friend's house as I was pulling into a gas station, LITFL came on and of course I stayed in the car until it was over. Then I pumped the gas, got back in the car, switched the radio to Houston's other Classic Rock station just as a song was ending & HC was starting. Later on the way home I heard RMW on 1 station & TITTL on the other. I LOVE that Houston has 2 Classic Rock stations!! :rockon:

Outlawman13
05-12-2013, 08:00 PM
I'm envious of your radio stations HB. What are they called and can I listen to it online? LOL.

Houston Baby
05-12-2013, 08:17 PM
OLMN13 - One is The Eagle (they need to add a "s") :) and the other is The Arrow. And yes you can stream them at 937thearrow.com and HoustonsEagle.com. Between the 2 you get alot of Eagles, solo Don Henley and solo Joe Walsh. Unfortunately, I never hear solo Glenn or solo Timothy. :mad:

Houston Baby
05-13-2013, 08:00 AM
Before I even pulled out of the garage this morning AG came on the radio. Woo Hoo!!
What an AWESOME Way to kick off the new week! Hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed week !

Outlawman13
05-13-2013, 04:37 PM
Thank you so very much HB!!! I will have to stream those radio stations soon.

Today (as I was coming home from Austin) I heard Hotel California!!! Too cool. I couldn't help it but to sing real loud (LOL) and immatate the guitar solos.

sad-cafe
05-13-2013, 05:17 PM
My station does it again

Life in the fast lane 4:17 pm :)

http://www.keyn.com/

sad-cafe
05-13-2013, 05:21 PM
actually I take that back,

they only played 3 Eagles songs today . SHAME on them!

Outlawman13
05-13-2013, 06:13 PM
OHHH SC, You are awesome as well for posting your radio statio. 3 today?!!! Man does my radio station suck compared to yours and HB!!!!

sad-cafe
05-13-2013, 09:37 PM
they are getting better.

Witchy Woman at 8:00 pm

One of These Nights 6:05

as well as the 3 already listed. That makes 5 for the day so far. Kind of sparse, but good ones!

prayfordaylight
05-14-2013, 02:02 PM
Heard THIO and some Don songs on vacation last week. Also one of the bands on our ship did a great cover of Hotel California, guitar solo and all!

Outlawman13
05-14-2013, 02:31 PM
That is amazing PFD!!! Wish I could've seen it!!!

sad-cafe
05-14-2013, 06:04 PM
Heard THIO and some Don songs on vacation last week. Also one of the bands on our ship did a great cover of Hotel California, guitar solo and all!

what ship were you on? Ours in March had a piano bar and they imitated Elton John a lot

VAisForEagleLovers
05-14-2013, 09:30 PM
Heard One Of These Nights on the way to the gas station!