PDA

View Full Version : Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

shunlvswx
10-23-2013, 09:41 PM
Tonight I heard OOTN, LBG and AG(I think that's the first time I ever heard AG on the radio).

shunlvswx
10-24-2013, 10:44 PM
I heard ASWTDID.

On LBG from yesterday, I hated it was the edited version. It was butchered. They took out half of the solos. I guess they had to cut that 9 minute song into whatever minutes for the radio.

shunlvswx
10-26-2013, 12:14 AM
I heard HC earlier today and I'm listening to LBG on the radio right now. That's two days in a row.

sad-cafe
10-27-2013, 01:55 PM
8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter at Arrowhead Stadium in KC

Funk #49

VAisForEagleLovers
10-27-2013, 03:26 PM
Funk #49 or #50? Since ESPN always plays #50...

The other day I was riding around and not paying attention to what was on the radio. Was thinking of the great concert in Indy and thinking about BOML. As I was thinking about it, it started playing on the radio! Works for me...

Prettymaid
10-27-2013, 06:24 PM
Funk #49 or #50? Since ESPN always plays #50...

The other day I was riding around and not paying attention to what was on the radio. Was thinking of the great concert in Indy and thinking about BOML. As I was thinking about it, it started playing on the radio! Works for me...

Ha! Mental telepathy maybe? I've been thinking a lot about DD/Desperado reprise...can you help me out, VA?

shunlvswx
10-27-2013, 07:17 PM
I heard LE and BOML. It seems like lately, I've been hearing those two songs on a Sunday ever since I've been taking my mother to the store since we only have one car and she can't drive anyway since her accident. Maybe my mother is luck when it comes to Eagles songs playing the car when she's in there with me. :hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
10-27-2013, 07:29 PM
Ha! Mental telepathy maybe? I've been thinking a lot about DD/Desperado reprise...can you help me out, VA?

Ha! Good luck with that one! I should try SiriusXM, though. Tell them it's in the setlist and see if they play it.

sad-cafe
10-27-2013, 11:21 PM
I pretty sure it was #49 not sure I could recognize 50?

shunlvswx
10-29-2013, 08:14 AM
I heard HC and ASWTDIS yesterday. I wonder what songs I will hear on the radio as I head to work and head home this afternoon.

Brooke
10-29-2013, 09:31 AM
Any time I hear the name Glenn reminds me of 'Glenn'! I reported about this a couple years ago and we are still hearing about "Glenn the Car Care Man" on a radio show each morning!

shunlvswx
10-29-2013, 10:21 AM
I heard Desperado and HT this morning at the same time. Desperado was already playing on another station and HT was on another station. So I listen to the rest of Desperado since HT had came on and I just switched back over to the other side.

shunlvswx
10-31-2013, 11:16 PM
I heard TITTL and Desperado today.

shunlvswx
11-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Yesterday, I was at a restaurant called Lambert's here in Branson, MO and I heard AG. I'm seeing The Eagles Tribute Band that's in Branson tomorrow and it made me look forward to the show tomorrow night. I also heard ICTYW

GlennLover
11-05-2013, 09:21 AM
As we started walking the half block to the concert last night LITF was playing on a restaurant's outside speaker. Made me even more excited & more convinced that it was going to be a fantastic night!

shunlvswx
11-06-2013, 02:24 AM
It was Eagles day for me. I heard TITTL on the radio. Then as I was waiting for a show to start, they played TIE.

I was at Denny's having a late breakfast/dinner with a few friends after the show, they LR.

Houston Baby
11-06-2013, 11:01 PM
On the way home tonight I heard TITTL on one of our Classic Rock stations. After the song the DJ said they had been playing one Eagles song an hour ALL day long in honor of Glenn Frey's birthday! Glenn is getting the love in H-town! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
11-06-2013, 11:14 PM
Coolness!!! Which station? I'll be tuning into them next time I visit my parents.

Houston Baby
11-06-2013, 11:20 PM
It was 93.7 Soda. The other classic rock station in Houston is The Eagle @ 107.5

shunlvswx
11-07-2013, 02:45 PM
When I was sitting at a business, they played I Will Not Go Quietly. That's the first time I ever heard that playing over the speakers. Then while driving BOML came on the radio.

SoaringRockyMountainWay
11-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Did anyone know the Eagles were mentioned in Veggie Tales? A very immature kid in my class suggested that we watch it and the teacher unfortunately played it on the Smart Board. Larry the Cucumber was being kidnapped by desperadoes and he shouted Desperadoes why don't you come to your senses! I started cracking up, laughing. All my class mates were giving me weird looks and wondering what was so funny. I said you have to know the Eagles to get it. I was not expecting to hear about the Eagles in school and definitely not on Veggie Tales of all things.

UndertheWire
11-08-2013, 09:58 AM
Yestereday morning, in a Toronto cafe the soundtrack seemed to be 80s. I felt the pull of home with Peter Gabriel's "Solsbury Hill" (not Eagles-related but it felt good) and then a short time afterwards "You Belong to the City".

That afternoon I was filling in time in the hotel lobby before taking the airport bus and they were playing instrumental versions of pop songs. It takes me a while to work out what they are without the vocals. There was one song that I knew was connected but I couldn't work out why until I realised it was Joni Mitchell's "Help me".

Then at the airport, while I was trying to tame the wifi, I could hear the distant strains of "You Belong to the City" again, though that might have been another instrumental.

shunlvswx
11-11-2013, 10:52 PM
I heard Please Come Home For Christmas on the radio as I was heading home from Branson. First off. Darn they started early. Its not even Thanksgiving. Anyway. When the song came on, I was like its Don. I was surprise to hear that song.

I also heard NKIT as I was traveling home.

sad-cafe
11-13-2013, 12:29 AM
HeartAche Tonight, NKIT, Hotel California and LITFL all between 8-10 AM

great way to start the day

Houston Debutante
11-14-2013, 03:48 PM
Heard Not Enough Love in the World in restaurant yesterday.

zeldabjr
11-14-2013, 04:03 PM
wow..HD...that's a rare one to hear!

Houston Debutante
11-14-2013, 04:13 PM
I know ~ I immediately stopped talking so I could listen ~ my friend with me just rolled her eyes. :lol:

Brooke
11-14-2013, 05:14 PM
Funk 49 was playing on the radio this morning when I started the Journey to come to work! A good day on the way!

shunlvswx
11-14-2013, 11:13 PM
I heard LE and TITTL.

Also The Blues Brothers is on VH1 Classic. So I will get to see a glance of Joe dancing or getting the whole jail dancing.

VAisForEagleLovers
11-14-2013, 11:15 PM
Part of Me, Part of You came on over the speakers at lunch today.

Grey Sadler
11-14-2013, 11:15 PM
Heard TLR yesterday morning at the grocery store...a nice surprise as I ran around like a headless chicken trying to purchase ceremony supplies and price what I needed to get next week for class :lol:

Brooke
11-15-2013, 10:50 AM
Hotel California was playing when my radio alarm woke me up this morning! Of course I had to lay there and listen till it finished!

Midnight Visitor
11-16-2013, 12:05 PM
Last night, swanky dinner in a fine dining establishment, it's my birthday & the HFO version of Hotel California comes on. PERFECT is what I thought. What I had forgotten tho is that I was playing that version of the song when I arrived at work yesterday. So, after dinner I turned the key in my car and the same exact version was playing!

sad-cafe
11-16-2013, 11:18 PM
hubby and I were watching an old WKRP the one where Johnny's daughter comes to visit. Andy is griping at him to play a hit and at the end of the show Johnny plays "The Long Run" and Andy is like he is playing a current hit!

shunlvswx
11-17-2013, 05:20 PM
I heard ASWTDID and OFTN this afternoon.

GlennLover
11-19-2013, 10:14 PM
Yesterday when I was at the dentist's office having my teeth cleaned by the hygenist. I had just finished telling her about my trip to Montreal to the Eagles' concert when PEF started playing. What better song is there to listen to in the dentist's chair! The hygenist was only in her twenties, but she said she liked the Eagles' music.

Prettymaid
11-19-2013, 10:15 PM
Yesterday when I was at the dentist's office having my teeth cleaned by the hygenist. I had just finished telling her about my trip to Montreal to the Eagles' concert when PEF started playing. What better song is there to listen to in the dentist's chair! The hygenist was only in her twenties, but she said she liked the Eagles' music.

Did she realize that PEF is an Eagles song?

VAisForEagleLovers
11-19-2013, 10:18 PM
At the end of my lousy day today I got into my truck and heard End Of The Innocence. I thought "Yep..." It didn't take long for Mr. Golden Throat to make me feel better, so when the song was over, I switched over to CD and listened to Eagles the whole way home.

Prettymaid
11-19-2013, 10:26 PM
At the end of my lousy day today I got into my truck and heard End Of The Innocence. I thought "Yep..." It didn't take long for Mr. Golden Throat to make me feel better, so when the song was over, I switched over to CD and listened to Eagles the whole way home.

How long is your commute?

VAisForEagleLovers
11-19-2013, 10:29 PM
How long is your commute?

Only about thirty minutes, but it usually doesn't take too long for our guys to make me feel better.

shunlvswx
11-19-2013, 10:59 PM
I heard AG this morning as I was heading to work. Nothing like an Eagles show to jam to when you're heading to work.

GlennLover
11-20-2013, 12:31 AM
Did she realize that PEF is an Eagles song?

Yes, once I said "oh, it's the Eagles" & we stopped talking to listen. The volume was low & we were talking when it came on so she didn't notice. Of course we Eagles fans can recognize one of their songs even when it is barely audible. :hilarious:

Outlawman13
11-20-2013, 03:27 PM
Yesterday I heard Life's Been Good when I was coming home from Austin!! I was so happy to hear that.

shunlvswx
11-21-2013, 03:43 PM
I heard ASWTDID this morning as I was heading to work. My local radio stations have been playing this song a lot lately

shunlvswx
11-22-2013, 11:58 AM
I have a funny story. As I was heading to my car to get ready to drive to work, I was singing ASWTDID. When I turn on my car, it was playing on the radio. :hilarious: Talk about timing. lol

That's twice in two days I heard ASWTDID.

Brooke
11-22-2013, 02:13 PM
That's funny shun!

I hear a lot of Eagles songs on my stations and so many times when I'm here an Eagles song will play. Sometimes even a Don or Glenn one when I'm in one of their threads! :fear:

zeldabjr
11-22-2013, 09:51 PM
I heard Bells Will Be Ringing in the grocery store today!!

shunlvswx
11-23-2013, 04:41 PM
It was a Don Saturday for me in my car. LOL

As I was driving my mother around the city, I heard ASWTDID. Like I said earlier. This is the fourth time this week I heard that. I think they are playing that song a lot. Not that I'm complaining.

I was about to get out of the car to go inside, BOS started playing. I listen to it for a minute. Then I went to my room and change the channel to the station that song was playing. At first I didn't know it was BOS, but I had a feeling it was.

VAisForEagleLovers
11-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Was out running errands and heard HFO HC!

shunlvswx
11-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Was out running errands and heard HFO HC!

I love that version. I haven't heard it in about a month. They use to play that version so much when it first came out.

shunlvswx
11-24-2013, 03:28 PM
PEF is on the radio right now. I didn't think I would hear an Eagles song today.

shunlvswx
11-24-2013, 03:49 PM
20 minutes later, the same station is playing another Eagles song. TIE

shunlvswx
11-24-2013, 06:01 PM
I heard TIE again this afternoon and now HC is playing on the same station.

I think I was in the mood to listen to the radio this nice cold Sunday afternoon. I only listen to the radio in my car. 4 Eagles songs in 4 hours. This might not be it if I keep the radio on.

ETA: Two more songs to add. OFTN and Desperado.

shunlvswx
11-25-2013, 08:57 AM
I started the morning with TIE playing on the radio. I'm loving this station. There's another station that plays nothing but 60s and 70s music, but of course its only playing Christmas music right now. Grrr. Oh well. I have this station and JackFM to hear Eagles music.

shunlvswx
11-26-2013, 12:44 AM
I heard HC this afternoon as I was heading home from work. You go from hearing The Eagles 6 times one day to back to one a day. LOL

thelastresort
11-26-2013, 03:30 PM
Had the joy of watching a documentary on 1970s American accounting systems in a lecture last week and LITFL (the guitar solo / outro part to be precise) came on over a part of it. Certainly made me sit up and pay attention!

Stupid question but my mind's failed me - what song is OFTN?

shunlvswx
11-26-2013, 03:39 PM
One of These Nights.

Roxy's Eyes
11-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Went into local B&Q at the weekend (UK DIY store). They were playing HC over the PA system.

It definitely was NOT Don singing. Sounded cheap and tinny, pretty awful in fact.

Played the full album when I got home. Felt better after that.

Glennsallnighter
11-26-2013, 05:44 PM
I've heard a lot of Eagles songs over the last two weeks what with the LA competition, Glenn :heart: and Joe's birthdays and the ticket sales dates for here and the UK. But these weren't 'unexpected' so I didn't bother posting!

I'd consider 'unexpected' to be maybe hearing a song or solo song on a radio station that wouldn't normally play it, or walking into a store and maybe hearing one there.

Troubadour
11-26-2013, 05:59 PM
I had Vintage TV on while I was packing boxes at my mum's place and Don's Boys of Summer vid came on. It was a nice surprise!

Tiffanny Twisted
11-26-2013, 07:19 PM
busy day at work nice to hear boys of summer and lbgtm in the same hour

shunlvswx
11-26-2013, 08:07 PM
I heard Desperado and LE this morning as I was getting ready for work.

Freypower
11-26-2013, 10:10 PM
I heard Desperado and LE this morning as I was getting ready for work.

You seem to hear Eagles songs all the time. So it isn't really unexpected that you are hearing them, is it?

shunlvswx
11-26-2013, 10:13 PM
You seem to hear Eagles songs all the time. So it isn't really unexpected that you are hearing them, is it?

I guess not, but I enjoy hearing them. Sometimes they do come on unexpectedly.

Freypower
11-26-2013, 10:17 PM
I guess not, but I enjoy hearing them. Sometimes they do come on unexpectedly.

Sorry, but if you use that argument, then every song you hear is unexpected, not just Eagles songs. You don't know what the station is going to play. I think the idea is when you hear a song in an unusual place, or as GA said, somewhere you did not expect to hear it.

zeldabjr
11-26-2013, 10:36 PM
I'm watching hockey...and they were just playing Funk 49 in the arena in Dallas!!...cool!

Thirsty&Hot
11-30-2013, 02:03 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/1DC39DBF-B790-4100-BD48-233625A82047_zpsznoamkwq.png (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/1DC39DBF-B790-4100-BD48-233625A82047_zpsznoamkwq.png.html)

Please Come Home for Christmas came on the "Country Christmas" Pandora station. :grin:
It was unexpected because:
1- they were playing country musicians like George Strait. Though the Eagles are in the country rock genre, I don't think they're often played on country stations per se. not the ones I've listened to anyway! haha
2- I don't know if I've ever heard the Eagles version of Please Come Home for Christmas played during the holidays on the radio; Usually it's Jon Bon Jovi's version.

GlennLover
12-01-2013, 11:58 AM
I heard "Please Come Home for Christmas" in a grocery Super Store on Wednesday. A nice start to the Christmas season,

VAisForEagleLovers
12-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Since I had Classic Vinyl on SiriusXM, it wasn't totally unexpected (although they don't play the Eagles nearly enough in my opinion), the timing was unexpected. Or ironic. I was driving back to KY on Saturday evening. I was in the left lane and doing 75+ in a 55. Just as LITFL came on, I saw a policeman sitting up ahead. After checking to make sure he wasn't coming after me, I breathed a sigh of relief and thought, "At least I'm not holding..."

zeldabjr
12-02-2013, 11:31 AM
LMAO VA!!!

Ive always been a dreamer
12-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Well - that gave me a good giggle too, VA! Now, slow down next time. If you get caught doing life in the fast lane, the judge may not be an Eagles fan. :fingerwag:

Zanny Kingston
12-03-2013, 02:27 AM
Good one VA! that made me laugh..

So this was kind of weird- I had to fly to California today for work, While I was waiting for the driver to come to my house so he could bring me to the airport earlier today, I turned on the TV and there was a show on called crossroads- special guest- JOE WALSH- he did Best of My love as a duet with Sara Evans- It was so strange because I am never home to turn on the tv during the day- what are the odds? Joe looked and played great!

So the driver comes to pick me up , I get to the airport- Peaceful Easy Feeling is playing on the speakers in the terminal!

Brooke
12-03-2013, 05:26 PM
t & h, I've heard PCHFC by the Eagles a lot during the Christmas season, which is when I prefer to hear it.

VA, :fingerwag: and :hilarious:

King, Joe did an hour long special on CMT Crossroads last year with several country artists. It's good! If you can catch the whole show, you'll enjoy it! I wondered why him and Sara picked BOML to do since Joe didn't originally sing it, but it was pretty good. I thought they should have done songs that Joe originally sang, but that's just me.

sodascouts
12-03-2013, 07:07 PM
I was lucky enough to be at the filming. I actually thought the choice of BOML was cool because it was so unexpected.

VAisForEagleLovers
12-03-2013, 11:35 PM
Well - that gave me a good giggle too, VA! Now, slow down next time. If you get caught doing life in the fast lane, the judge may not be an Eagles fan. :fingerwag:

I should clarify that at the time I thought the speed limit was 65 and not 55!

Zanny Kingston
12-04-2013, 01:34 AM
Brooke- I would like to try and catch the rest of the show one of these days for sure!

Soda- being at the taping must have been awesome- it really was an interesting song choice for Joe! I just always equate that song with Don so It was a shake up to see Joe and Sara sing it!

Brooke
12-04-2013, 11:37 AM
On my way home from work yesterday I heard Space Age Whiz Kids on Sirius XM station Deep Tracks! Never heard it on any radio before!

Thirsty&Hot
12-04-2013, 07:06 PM
t & h, I've heard PCHFC by the Eagles a lot during the Christmas season, which is when I prefer to hear it.

what radio stations do you listen to? clearly I don't listen to the right ones at Christmastime! haha.
I usually just play Pandora Christmas playlists and this is the first time PCHFC by the Eagles has played

Thirsty&Hot
12-04-2013, 07:06 PM
I should clarify that at the time I thought the speed limit was 65 and not 55!

haha still pretty funny!!

and could still get you in trouble with the cops...though I guess if lots of other people are doing the same as you, they can't pull you all over!

shunlvswx
12-04-2013, 09:31 PM
I have a funny story. I had my radio on and I was asleep. I woke up thinking HC was playing on the radio. Then it hit me. i forgot my alarm plays Hotel California. When I cut off my alarm, BOML was on the radio and then BOs came on.

WalshFan88
12-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Heard "Partytown" on the radio today. First time I've heard a Glenn song on the car radio.

Thirsty&Hot
12-08-2013, 11:30 PM
Heard "Partytown" on the radio today. First time I've heard a Glenn song on the car radio.

oh cool! I've heard Glenn solo, but usually the Heat is On or You Belong to the City or Smuggler's Blues...so it's cool to hear something with less airplay like that! what radio station was that?

shunlvswx
12-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Its strange. I've never heard not one of Glenn's solo songs on the radio. Its either Don or Joe and I haven't heard any of Joe's songs in a month.

The only time I heard Glenn's song was when Married With Children played an instrumental version of YBTTC and the CC said the Eagles then Glenn's name to tell you what song was playing.

shunlvswx
12-09-2013, 12:31 PM
Oh my!! I heard WW on the radio. Now that's the first time I ever heard that song on the radio.

shunlvswx
12-12-2013, 04:46 PM
This morning, I stopped on one of my local radio station just to see if they are playing any Eagle songs. Like I said earlier, one local station do a mystery oldie contest where you guess the snippet of the song they just played. You have to give the right title and artist. So they were talking about stuff, so when they were finished, they started playing Please Come Home For Christmas that was the mystery oldie. I was like, darn!!! I could had guess that.

Even though I've been hearing the guys on the radio a lot, this really surprise me this morning. Hearing that one of the Eagles songs were a mystery oldie. I was 5 minutes late. I would had called in.

prayfordaylight
12-17-2013, 09:09 AM
Heard a double shot of Boys of Summer and Dirty Laundry on my commute this morning.

sad-cafe
12-18-2013, 07:49 PM
My station has been playing "Please Come Home For Christmas"

SoaringRockyMountainWay
12-21-2013, 01:23 PM
I had a Christmas dance for school last night and I requested One of These Nights and they actually played it! No one else knew the song but me. I was all out dancing and jamming so some other girls just joined me because I was so into it. I was singing out the words too. It was awesome to have my own little Eagles moment.:grin:

12-21-2013, 03:30 PM
Awesome, SRMW! Nothing better than your own little personal special Eagles moments! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
12-21-2013, 11:26 PM
At Fuddrucker's (a hamburger place) this afternoon, I heard New Kid in Town just minutes after hearing Rhiannon!

Glennsallnighter
12-31-2013, 05:26 AM
Just sat down to have breakfast and TS came on the radio. Great way to start a day!

Grey Sadler
01-01-2014, 10:29 PM
NKIT came on over the intercom when I was at the grocery store tonight :)

shunlvswx
01-07-2014, 10:34 AM
I was watching F1 DVD and I was listening to The Long Run. Then it came on the radio. That's the first time I ever heard my local station play TLR on the radio.

GlennLover
01-07-2014, 11:17 AM
I was sitting in the dentist's chair and while he was drilling my tooth & ICTYW came on the radio. Certainly relaxed me & took my mind off what he was doing. They play Sirius XM so whenever I go there I enjoy listening to all the 70's music. Takes me back. He and almost all of the staff members in his office are much younger than I am so I think it is a testimony to the music of that era that they choose to play it all the time.

01-07-2014, 06:32 PM
That is cool, GL. I'm pretty sure my dentist plays 70's classic rock music as well cause I seem to remember hearing the lovely music above all the drilling. :wink: :grin:

sad-cafe
01-12-2014, 07:58 PM
during the 49ers football game today one of the songs to commercials was All She Wants To Do is Dance!

Brooke
01-13-2014, 01:24 PM
Yesterday when we got in the car to go to church The Long Run was playing on the radio and when we got in it to come home Lyin' Eyes was playing!

Witchy Woman
01-13-2014, 06:06 PM
While stopped at a light driving to PT today the guy in the delivery truck behind me was blasting Victim Of Love !! Totally made my day !!

Suze
01-13-2014, 07:42 PM
Back in September was in a 16th century tea room in Warwick (England), with my best friend of over 50 years. Then whilst scoffing cake and drinking tea, amongst all these things so very quintessentially English, Take it to the Limit came over on the radio. Both of us just stopped to listen and afterwards I said 'do you remember.......?' We then chatted about seeing the band in 1977, went back to my home, watched HOTE dvd and both had a cry!

sad-cafe
01-14-2014, 12:54 AM
got in the car to go to work Witchy Woman was on Cool to start my morning. In car on the way home Already Gone powered me home!

My radio station is awesome

Brooke
01-14-2014, 11:36 AM
Back in September was in a 16th century tea room in Warwick (England), with my best friend of over 50 years. Then whilst scoffing cake and drinking tea, amongst all these things so very quintessentially English, Take it to the Limit came over on the radio. Both of us just stopped to listen and afterwards I said 'do you remember.......?' We then chatted about seeing the band in 1977, went back to my home, watched HOTE dvd and both had a cry!

Awwwwww! Very cool, Suze!

Suze
01-14-2014, 01:19 PM
Awwwwww! Very cool, Suze!

Thank you Brooke. It seemed rather surreal and bizarre at the time as we were surrounded by quite a number of white haired, genteel little old ladies and it was totally NOT the place you'd expect to hear that song.

Freypower
01-14-2014, 08:25 PM
One from me for a change. Heard NKIT in a store while buying Rosalind some school equipment!

shunlvswx
01-15-2014, 11:04 AM
As I was getting into my car to head to work, All She Wants To Do Is Dance was the mystery oldie for one of my local radio stations. That was soo cool. It was even cool to hear the announcer say Don Henley, "All She Wants To Do Is Dance" at the end of the song.

ktdids
01-15-2014, 08:21 PM
Technically, this doesn't involve a song, but I was at Trader Joes today and the guy at the checkout asked me what music I had playing, Human League I said. He'd never heard if them. From the 80's I said, feeling old talking to this 20 something year old. Oh he'll maybe check them out. Then he says he always has one band on his player - Journey! All their albums! I tell him I've been listening to the Eagles for a long time just recently, and he got all worked up, rattling my cart and this bug eyed look, for a second I thought he was going to be a hater, and he says I can't TELL you how much I love the Eagles! I just had to laugh, it was so funny to run into another fan in a market! What are the chances?!

GlennLover
01-15-2014, 09:38 PM
Technically, this doesn't involve a song, but I was at Trader Joes today and the guy at the checkout asked me what music I had playing, Human League I said. He'd never heard if them. From the 80's I said, feeling old talking to this 20 something year old. Oh he'll maybe check them out. Then he says he always has one band on his player - Journey! All their albums! I tell him I've been listening to the Eagles for a long time just recently, and he got all worked up, rattling my cart and this bug eyed look, for a second I thought he was going to be a hater, and he says I can't TELL you how much I love the Eagles! I just had to laugh, it was so funny to run into another fan in a market! What are the chances?!

So cool, ktdids! Their music really does spread over the generations. :)

Midnight Visitor
01-17-2014, 10:13 PM
Why is it every time I go to the dentist I hear Eagles songs!?! Always 2 of them. Today it was One of These Nights & The Long Run.

Grey Sadler
01-17-2014, 10:17 PM
Why is it every time I go to the dentist I hear Eagles songs!?! Always 2 of them. Today it was One of These Nights & The Long Run.

Somehow, someone knows what will soothe you during the procedure ;)

Today: NKIT on the radio as soon as I got in the car leaving school :)

shunlvswx
01-17-2014, 10:24 PM
As I was listening to the the Eagles all day the other day, I finally heard Glenn's solo songs on the radio. The Heat is On and You Belong To The City. My local station always play Don's and Joe's solo songs, but never Glenn's. When I heard KEarth was devoting or playing the Eagles the whole day, I was like I want to hear a Glenn song. I got my wish. I don't know when the next time I will hear any of Glenn's solo songs on the radio.

zeldabjr
01-20-2014, 04:20 PM
I just had to go to the grocery store...didn't want to...didn't feel like cleaning off the car...it was all icy and snow covered...still snowing...ugh...when I got to the store...was welcomed by hearing "Take It Easy"...cheered me up a lot!!!

GlennLover
01-20-2014, 07:20 PM
Somehow, someone knows what will soothe you during the procedure ;)

Today: NKIT on the radio as soon as I got in the car leaving school :)

When I was at the dentist today I heard NKIT!

Midnight Visitor
01-20-2014, 10:30 PM
Fascinating that they're played at so many dental offices! Love GS's theory.

StephUK
01-22-2014, 11:03 PM
This morning my radio alarm clock woke me with the opening bars of The Heat Is On. I had a good excuse to stay in bed for another 3+ minutes to listen to the whole song.
I know lots of you would agree, to wake up to the sound of Glenn's voice is a great way to start the day.:nod:

Thirsty&Hot
01-24-2014, 11:17 PM
I met my friend after work at a restaurant/bar and Hotel California came on which was exciting in itself.

Then my friend told me that one of the servers was picking the music on the jukebox for the day so she called out to her that I love the Eagles.

A little while later 4 or 5 more Eagles songs came on in a row!! :D :partytime:

Brooke
01-28-2014, 12:17 PM
Step, yep, always makes my day when I hear an Eagles song first thing!

T&H, wow! :cool:

VAisForEagleLovers
02-05-2014, 08:48 PM
Watching the Pens at Buffalo game and during a stop in play, the arena played The Heat Is On! Loved it.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-07-2014, 08:02 PM
Out to dinner earlier and Victim Of Love came on. Two songs later it was Seger's Fire Lake, which of course features Don, Glenn, and Timothy on backgrounds. Felt like a two-fer!

Houston Baby
02-12-2014, 12:43 AM
Heard LITFL on the way home from work tonight. But Houston freeways were definitely NOT life in the fast lane with the rain. My 30 min. commute took 1 1/2 hours!! :scowl:

Freypower
02-12-2014, 10:24 PM
I heard The Heat Is On in a supermarket. It's very hot today so it worked. :headbang:

sad-cafe
02-12-2014, 11:23 PM
My radio station played Dirty Laundry today. Loved it! They usually play 3-6 Eagles songs a day but today there was more!

ktdids
02-24-2014, 12:40 PM
In the diner down the street from my house, a diner I haven't been in for AGES, and as I'm having my breakfast, Take it Easy comes on! It must have been a good omen, because my ticket for the DC show on Saturday came in the mail today! Woohoo!

Houston Baby
02-24-2014, 08:09 PM
WOO HOO!!

Sounds like you did have an AWESOME day ktdids!! And Saturday will be even MORE awesome! :thumbsup:

WalshFan88
03-08-2014, 12:31 AM
Forgot to mention it but the other day I heard In The City in my doctor's office. Not one I hear a lot on radio.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-08-2014, 04:51 PM
All She Wants To Do Is Dance is on SiriusXM Classic Rewind right now! Love it...

ktdids
03-12-2014, 11:04 PM
Technically, it was Michael Bubble singing, but I'm in Burlington Coat Factory today, and his cover of Heartache Tonight comes on, I nearly choked! Not nearly as satisfying as the original!

zeldabjr
03-13-2014, 02:52 AM
Technically, it was Michael Bubble singing, but I'm in Burlington Coat Factory today, and his cover of Heartache Tonight comes on, I nearly choked! Not nearly as satisfying as the original!

omg...I can't even imagine what that would sound like...and don't really want to...:eyebrow:

MaryCalifornia
03-13-2014, 11:27 AM
Oh no! I have never heard Michael Buble's version of HT, either! Gonna have to check it out, sort of worried.

MaryCalifornia
03-13-2014, 11:34 AM
I heard Boys of Summer in the car this morning - the Ataris version. I like it, it doesn't bother me, I guess because its so different from the original. I like hearing songs performed in a totally different genre, where the artist isn't trying to sound like the original. (Unless its Linda doing Desperado, or Different Drum...or anything I guess...)

Thirsty&Hot
03-15-2014, 10:41 PM
I heard Glenn's "the one you love" at the restaurant we had dinner at tonight for my mom's birthday and it was really unexpected ! I have never heard any Glenn solo out anytime lately! So exciting. :D couldn't wait to gush about it here! Xo

sad-cafe
03-21-2014, 10:59 AM
Last night Daughter was listening to Rocky Mountain Way. I was like hey my Eagles love is rubbing off. Then I listened closer, it wasn't Joe but a group called Godsmack?

Not bad but Not Joe

shunlvswx
03-25-2014, 01:29 PM
I was listening to Pandora today and Doolin' Dalton/Desperado Reprise came on. I was shocked that they played that.

I probably going to start listening to Pandora more than I Heart Radio. I've been hearing a lot of songs I would never hear on IHeart Radio.

shunlvswx
03-26-2014, 07:03 PM
I was in Wendy's getting something to eat before church and they were playing The Long Run. I had to do a double take. Lol

zeldabjr
03-26-2014, 09:03 PM
I'm watching a Rangers hockey game from MSG...they were playing Life in the Fastlane in the background...well maybe that's not so unexpected at MSG...lol

Brooke
03-28-2014, 02:46 PM
I heard Train Leaves Here This Morning on the radio coming to work this morning! It was on Sirrius Channel 32-The Bridge. I've never heard it on the radio before!

johnnycomelately89
03-28-2014, 03:26 PM
so this morning i was at the dentist. as the ladies were cleaning my teeth a live version of Seven Bridges Road started playing over the radio and with a full mouth i mumbled "oh yeah!!!" both the people cleaning my teeth jumped back and were worried they had hurt me, when in all reality i just needed to rock out for a second lol :thumbsup:

Thirsty&Hot
03-29-2014, 12:53 AM
I heard Train Leaves Here This Morning on the radio coming to work this morning! It was on Sirrius Channel 32-The Bridge. I've never heard it on the radio before!

oh I've never heard that one on the radio either! cool!

and shun..yeah pandora is great with Eagles' tunes...I've heard the Doolin' Dalton reprise quite a lot on there along with tons of their other songs

sad-cafe
04-01-2014, 09:45 PM
My station played Dirty Laundry again today. I gotta say, I love the Eagles version on Farewell 1 better but it is AWESOME

sad-cafe
04-06-2014, 02:42 PM
HaHa

in Dillons last night buying groceries for the week and Dirty Laundry came on as I was checking out.

That song must be meant for me to listen to for a while.

sad-cafe
04-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Fox Baseball Saturday is running Funk # 49 in their promo spots. Heard it 3 times now so far today :)

Tiffanny Twisted
04-06-2014, 07:22 PM
I was at the acme salad bar yesterday and I found myself standing next to a nice young guy (my kids age)who started singing hotel California just as I did as it came over the pa system in the food store.
He proceed to tell me that he was raised on the eagles by his momma,:headbang:

Houston Baby
04-06-2014, 09:57 PM
Sweet TT!!

Houston Baby
04-06-2014, 10:01 PM
Fox Baseball Saturday is running Funk # 49 in their promo spots. Heard it 3 times now so far today :)

I LOVE Fox Baseball Saturday!! I was at a wedding shower yesterday afternoon so I forgot all about it. Now that Glenn is living in NYC wonder if he will pay a visit to the MLB cave.

Freypower
04-07-2014, 10:59 PM
I heard the end of Fast Company while I was at the Sydney Youth Hostel Associaiton picking up my free postcards. Hearing it like that; it makes you realise how different from their usual sound it is.

MaryCalifornia
04-08-2014, 10:55 PM
Cool, FP!

I was at the pool at the hotel in LA today, and they played Try and Love Again and End of the Innocence! At the pool! Instead of electronic dance music!

cricrichan
04-17-2014, 05:22 AM
There is an Italian radio show called "Le pił belle di ..." ("The most beautiful - songs - of ...").

Every day they play the most beautiful songs of a singer or a band for the whole day ... and some weeks ago I couldn't believe my ears when I heard: "Today ... the most beautiful of ... THE EAGLES"!!! :D

I got to hear 5 of their songs during the day (I Can't Tell You Why, Heartache Tonight, Take It To The Limit, Lyin' Eyes and One Of These Nights) ... and well, I was so glad and surprised too ... because it's pretty hard to listen to Eagles songs on Italian radios - except for Hotel California, which is their most famous song over here.

Brooke
04-17-2014, 10:25 AM
That's cool, cc!

I wouldn't pick HT as a beautiful song, but whatever works just to hear Eagles songs! :lol:

DJ
04-17-2014, 03:11 PM
Just listening to The Talk on TV and they said as they say Take It To The Limit.. How cool. Randy would be impressed..:headbang:

Restless Heart
04-21-2014, 02:21 PM
Heard The Heat Is On on my favorite eighties station today.

SoaringRockyMountainWay
04-22-2014, 05:53 PM
My mom always has VH1 classic on in the morning while I get ready for school. The video of Hotel California from the bonus dvd with the History of the Eagles DVD came on. After jamming that I was wide awake. I've never been so peppy on a Monday morning. Hotel California at 7 AM? Heck yeah! :headbang:

Houston Baby
04-22-2014, 06:59 PM
I bet that did wake you up SRMW! :laugh:

WalshFan88
05-03-2014, 04:27 PM
Had the radio on in the house today and one of the local stations plays three songs in a row by an artist on Saturday so today I heard DH's TBOS, DL, and ASWTDID!

05-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Wow - now that's a radio station that knows its stuff! :wink: :nod:

Prettymaid
05-03-2014, 11:59 PM
While traveling today we had Pandora on the Jackson Browne :inlove: station. They kept playing Eagles and Don Henley songs! Lol!

zeldabjr
05-06-2014, 09:38 PM
While traveling today we had Pandora on the Jackson Browne :inlove: station. They kept playing Eagles and Don Henley songs! Lol!

now that's my kind of Jackson Browne station...I hope they snuck in at least a few JB songs!!

05-17-2014, 01:02 PM
Went out to dinner at a new restaurant the other night. When we walked in Take It Easy was playing. Of course, I remarked that I thought I might like this place. Then, about halfway through dinner, Heartache Tonight starts playing. My sister looked at me and said "I hope you like the food, because I have a feeling you'll be back here just because of the music." I gave her a big :thumbsup:.

Houston Debutante
05-20-2014, 10:19 AM
Heard a cover of Heart Of The Matter in a bar last night ~ not as good though!

Glennsallnighter
05-20-2014, 06:47 PM
Dreamer! You will be the most popular customer if the music stays.

lifeinthefastlane
05-21-2014, 03:46 PM
The other day I was in a department store at one end of a mall, and I couldn't find the door leading out to the hallway. I finally found it, and out in the hallway "Take It To the Limit" was playing, just as the line, "And you can't find the door, can't find it anywhere," came on, and I started laughing hysterically, making myself look like a total idiot in the middle of the mall. Blame it on my love for the Eagles, I guess. :hilarious:

zeldabjr
05-21-2014, 03:54 PM
The other day I was in a department store at one end of a mall, and I couldn't find the door leading out to the hallway. I finally found it, and out in the hallway "Take It To the Limit" was playing, just as the line, "And you can't find the door, can't find it anywhere," came on, and I started laughing hysterically, making myself look like a total idiot in the middle of the mall. Blame it on my love for the Eagles, I guess. :hilarious:

that's pretty funny LITFL...:hilarious:...I think the Eagles have made me look silly more than once in a store!

shunlvswx
05-23-2014, 08:54 PM
I was in the grocery store with my mother and Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough was playing. I didn't even know it was on and I was like this song sounds familiar. I heard Don's part just in time before we left out. Of course I was singing along even though I don't know the words to the song. Lol

VAisForEagleLovers
05-23-2014, 10:00 PM
Classic Rewind is having a good night. An hour or so ago they played In The City, now they're playing Sunset Grill.

zeldabjr
05-23-2014, 10:08 PM
Classic Rewind is having a good night. An hour or so ago they played In The City, now they're playing Sunset Grill.

what's Classic Rewind VA?

VAisForEagleLovers
05-23-2014, 10:09 PM
what's Classic Rewind VA?

SiriusXM channel #25

VAisForEagleLovers
05-24-2014, 01:39 PM
Today they played 'Those Shoes'! It's unexpected, even though it's a Classic Rock station, because they usually never play Eagles songs on this channel, usually they're on Classic Vinyl.

zeldabjr
05-26-2014, 09:38 PM
ran into Walmart today for dog food...they were playing TIE!!!

Houston Baby
05-31-2014, 08:57 PM
Running the roads today, an ad came on the radio for our local classic rock station. "Starting as Linda Ronstadt's back up band to go on & have 2 of the top selling albums of all time, we love them so much we named ourselves after them - The Eagle - 106.9." They then played Tequila Sunrise. :thumbsup:

shunlvswx
06-01-2014, 04:34 PM
I was Big Lots and all of a sudden NKIT came on.

I was singing along. Of course under my breath. Lol

sad-cafe
06-02-2014, 12:38 AM
dirty laundry and Boys of Summer were on in my local Dillon's store this afternoon.

prayfordaylight
06-02-2014, 09:15 AM
I work for my university's fundraising department and one of our big events each year is Reunion. I was working an event Saturday morning next to where the reunion classes were lining up for their procession across the main lawn on campus. The DJ was playing some great songs and all of a sudden I hear a very familiar guitar lick - sure enough, he played Busy Being Fabulous. I never hear any LROOE songs other than How Long (and I rarely hear that). Totally made my morning.

Thirsty&Hot
06-07-2014, 12:41 AM
I was at a little clothing store on the Upper East Side in Manhattan (NYC) today when all of a sudden I hear something that perks up my ears...and I was like ...no way! It seriously came out of nowhere...nothing like it was playing previously!
:grooving:

I was so excited that I Shazam-ed it just so I had proof! hehe

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/77B7EC4F-1EB6-49B3-B4DB-736FB4F927AE_zpsymdtpsf7.png (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/77B7EC4F-1EB6-49B3-B4DB-736FB4F927AE_zpsymdtpsf7.png.html)

sodascouts
06-07-2014, 11:26 AM
Sounds like they play some good music!

ktdids
06-12-2014, 01:25 AM
Happened to come across the movie Spy Game on cable tonight, and the last song during the credits is Rocky Mountain Way!

ktdids
06-15-2014, 02:06 PM
Having brunch in Big Daddy's diner today, and I get Peaceful Easy Feeling, Stevie Nicks Landslide and Stop Dragging My Heart Around one after the other, and then Hotel California as we're paying the bill! Happy Sunday indeed!

sodascouts
06-15-2014, 02:07 PM
NICE!

Thirsty&Hot
06-16-2014, 12:35 PM
Having brunch in Big Daddy's diner today, and I get Peaceful Easy Feeling, Stevie Nicks Landslide and Stop Dragging My Heart Around one after the other, and then Hotel California as we're paying the bill! Happy Sunday indeed!

I used to work there! My best friend works there currently! There are a few locations, but I'm guessing since you live in Brooklyn that you went to the one near Union Square?

Anyway, yeah they have always played pretty good music. Sometimes they used to let me play my iPod :)

VAisForEagleLovers
06-16-2014, 07:21 PM
Turned the stereo on today, checking that it was set to play satellite radio. LITFL came on and since that's one that's in the CD player, I double checked the settings at least three times before realizing that SiriusXM was playing the song! Gotta love the blonde moments...

shunlvswx
06-16-2014, 08:05 PM
IHeart radio is doing a tribute to Casey Karem by playing the top 40 countdown. So I decided to listen to the Top 40 countdown on IHeart Radio as I was heading home. When IHeart radio finally connected on my phone OFTN was playing. It was number 10 for the Top 100 songs of 1975. They also played a snippet of BOML for the number 1s in 1975.

shunlvswx
06-16-2014, 09:19 PM
I recorded some episodes of Miami Vice. I was watching an episode called a Bullet for Crockett. So as I was watching that episode, Smuggler's Blues started playing and of course they showed Glenn in that little clip. I was shocked because I didn't expect to see Glenn or hear Smuggler's Blues in this episode, but than again. They were showing different clips from past episodes in this episode.

ktdids
06-16-2014, 11:24 PM
I used to work there! My best friend works there currently! There are a few locations, but I'm guessing since you live in Brooklyn that you went to the one near Union Square?

Anyway, yeah they have always played pretty good music. Sometimes they used to let me play my iPod :)

Yes I was in the one near Union Square! I went there for the Hilton points on my credit card originally, and the tater tots seem to have gotten a hold of me! I told my friend that the place reminded me if Silver Spurs, another Village place but now gone, but with a better atmosphere. I had good music and the tots, so it was a winner!

Tiffanny Twisted
06-17-2014, 10:17 AM
Now I know that when you are at the hard rock restraunts you are gonna hear eagles music but when we were in Chicago on sat nite after we were seated , HC from HFO came on the video screen. I felt like it was on just for me (lol)
Then they played the tiny dancer clip from "almost famous" which made me think of our guys again.

Nice touch for my first visit to that HRC.

Thirsty&Hot
06-17-2014, 09:20 PM
Yes I was in the one near Union Square! I went there for the Hilton points on my credit card originally, and the tater tots seem to have gotten a hold of me! I told my friend that the place reminded me if Silver Spurs, another Village place but now gone, but with a better atmosphere. I had good music and the tots, so it was a winner!

Yeah, my friend said she was working and remembers those songs playing haha. Maybe she was your server!
I remember Silver Spurs..though I never ate there! I liked the name.

Today at work Eagles came on a few different times as did Jackson Browne's Take It Easy, Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks, Don Henley solo... it was a good music day, and the first time I've heard these songs at work in a long time if ever! The manager usually plays the same damn stuff all the time.

Houston Debutante
06-25-2014, 06:13 PM
I heard Boys Of Summer on the radio today, always makes me smile.

Witchy Woman
06-26-2014, 07:05 PM
Went and got a hoagie at Wawa last night and while I was waiting for them to make it Take It Easy came on. Much the the amusement of the employees and my fellow customers I began to sing it very loudly. In fact, I was so into singing I didn't notice they had finished making my food. I apologized and the deli guy said "Hey, at least you're happy !!". Lol !!

Houston Baby
06-26-2014, 08:22 PM
I'm sure you brightened their night WW! Or at least made them smile. Happiness can be infectious. :)

sodascouts
06-26-2014, 08:34 PM
Eagles = Happiness! ;)

Brooke
06-27-2014, 09:43 AM
Too cute, WW! :lol:

thelastresort
06-27-2014, 09:46 AM
Leaving my hotel room last night to get a bite to eat before the show and the person in the room next door was playing New Kid in Town very loudly :lol: Also on the way back, perhaps not unexpectedly, someone was playing Take It Easy full blast and drove past me at the exact moment Winslow, Arizona was mentioned, my favourite Eagles line ever.

sad-cafe
06-28-2014, 01:16 AM
during my 3 hour chemo session today I heard love will keep us alive:partytime:

Brooke
06-30-2014, 01:39 PM
s-c, that had to make it better! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
07-01-2014, 09:35 PM
Wow, that sounds tough. Glad you had a little Timothy at least!

bluefeather
07-02-2014, 11:07 AM
Oh I'm very sorry SC, I really hope you'r ok, good that you had a little Timothy to sooth you:hug:

shunlvswx
07-03-2014, 11:41 PM
I was in the store this afternoon and heard Hotel California. I was going down the aisle when I notice a familiar playing over the intercom. The volume was soo low, I didn't even know it was HC until I listen closely to it.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-05-2014, 12:39 AM
I went to a Louisville Bats game against the Indianapolis Indians (the Pirate AAA farm club) with a coworker, actually my boss now, and two of her kids. We were on our way back and Take It Easy came on the radio, so of course I turned it up and she begins to tell her kids how many Eagles concerts I've been to just since I started working here a year ago! I think her kids now think I'm a bit crazy.

The youngest is 14 and the other one is 20, and they knew the words to all the Classic Rock songs, and definitely Take It Easy. Good kids!

07-05-2014, 07:34 PM
As we always say ... "Teach the children well"! :thumbsup:

shunlvswx
07-05-2014, 09:59 PM
So last night I went to a fireworks event in my hometown. As I was waiting for the show to start. They were playing mostly country music and few rock songs. All of a sudden, a familiar song came on. I was like, I can't believe it. It was Get Over It. I was shocked. I didn't expect to hear that song.

Now later on in the night, I went to seee this country group from the 80s mid 90s called Sawyer Brown. So in the middle of the set, the lead guitarist started playing another familiar. It was Life's Been Good. The keyboard player started signing the song. The crowd went wild they played that song. This is the second time I've seen this group and I don't remember if they played that song the last time they were here.

bluefeather
07-06-2014, 10:30 AM
Oh great fireworks and Eagles music, you'r lucky shun

VAisForEagleLovers
07-06-2014, 11:33 AM
So last night I went to a fireworks event in my hometown. As I was waiting for the show to start. They were playing mostly country music and few rock songs. All of a sudden, a familiar song came on. I was like, I can't believe it. It was Get Over It. I was shocked. I didn't expect to hear that song.

Now later on in the night, I went to seee this country group from the 80s mid 90s called Sawyer Brown. So in the middle of the set, the lead guitarist started playing another familiar. It was Life's Been Good. The keyboard player started signing the song. The crowd went wild they played that song. This is the second time I've seen this group and I don't remember if they played that song the last time they were here.

Too cool! Both of them! I definitely remember Sawyer Brown, I really liked those guys. I remember seeing them on the Barbara Mandrell show. They had a great version of The Possum's The Race Is On.

I love Get Over It, but I'm not sure it's a fireworks-watching-song, but I'll take it any time I hear it played.

zeldabjr
07-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Shun...that is amazing they played Get Over It...wow...and then to hear another song later in the night...very cool!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-06-2014, 07:11 PM
The song wasn't unexpected, really. SiriusXM/Classic Rewind has been playing all American-only artists all weekend in honor of the 4th, and LITFL has been the only Eagles song played except for In The City once.

What was unexpected the intro to the song a few minutes ago. Out of nowhere! A song ended and then, "Hi, this is Glenn Frey, and you're listening to Pat St. John." I nearly came out of my chair! Then, I did get out of my chair because I can't sit and listen to LITFL, I need to be up and dancing around.

WooHoo! Now they're playing Those Shoes!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-12-2014, 11:49 AM
Just as I was clicking Post on the status I just put in as Eagles Online Central on Facebook, the radio started playing LITFL.

07-12-2014, 11:56 AM
Cool, VA - looks like your timing is right on today! :rockon:

Houston Baby
07-15-2014, 12:51 PM
I was stuck in traffic yesterday afternoon going home. :brickwall: It was at a complete crawl and I was getting very unhappy UNTIL "Live at 5" came on the radio! I got so excited listening to the dj describe the artist cause I knew it was Joe! I liked how he described "in 1975 this artist joined music royalty". That's right - they are music royalty! :thumbsup:
Sure enough they played Funk# 49 & Life's Been Good.
I turned into one of the happiest motorists on 290!

thelastresort
07-15-2014, 12:53 PM
Coming back from town yesterday Smuggler's Blues came on the radio as part of the their of 'songs on smuggling'! (I think that's what they said anyway!)

Houston Baby
07-23-2014, 07:59 AM
Going home from work last night, I heard 3 in a row - VOL, DL & RMW!! Nice ride!! :thumbsup:

sad-cafe
07-24-2014, 01:51 AM
trying on 8 pair of slacks and 6 tops plus a dress in a mall clothing store where it is mostly older ladies (Christopher and Banks) getting my new teaching wardrobe. Hotel California comes on :) I bought all the clothes and opened a store credit card. Shush don't tell hubby.

sodascouts
07-27-2014, 05:52 PM
I heard a cantina band doing a cover of "Take It to the Limit" during lunch. It was pretty bad, actually... so I guess it would be more appropriate to put this under "WISHING I were hearing the Eagles unexpectedly." ;)

shunlvswx
07-30-2014, 09:31 AM
I just heard Clint Black's version of Desperado. I haven't heard that version in years. I always loved that version. He did a great job. Very close to the original.

shunlvswx
08-09-2014, 10:01 PM
I was watching Fast Times at Ridgemont High. I was watching something YouTube and notice they were playing Love Rules. I knew it was going to be played somewhere in the movie, but I didn't expect to hear when I wasn't paying attention. I've never seen the movie so I didn't know where it was going to be played in the movie.

sad-cafe
08-10-2014, 01:31 AM
My sister and I snuck off to the local casino last night. They had a cover band and when we sat down to listen for a while, they played Funk # 49. They didn't do too bad. It wasn't Joe, but it sounded pretty good.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-16-2014, 08:39 PM
It's that time of year, I guess. I heard Boys of Summer twice today, once out for lunch and the second time while I was getting my eyebrows done. I said to the girl, she was in her early 20's, that it was the second time I'd heard it today. She started talking about songs on the radio, then said "I don't know who sings this, but I could listen to him sing all day. I could listen to this and songs like this all the time, it's way better than the other stuff this station plays. If I hear Katy Perry one more time I'll scream."

Brooke
09-17-2014, 10:08 AM
VA, too funny!

And I agree with her about Katy Perry! :roll:

bluefeather
09-18-2014, 02:34 PM
certainly agreed about Katy Perry, anyway I was so happy when I heard TIE in my local grocery store last Saturday:grooving:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-28-2014, 01:52 PM
I Love It!!! I'm watching the Steeler game, it's a home game, and we just scored a touchdown. The refs decided to review the play, and while the refs were under the hood and looking it over, the stadium played Get Over It!

Houston Baby
09-28-2014, 02:04 PM
I Love It!!! I'm watching the Steeler game, it's a home game, and we just scored a touchdown. The refs decided to review the play, and while the refs were under the hood and looking it over, the stadium played Get Over It!

:lol:

Brooke
09-30-2014, 10:45 AM
Lol! Love it!

Desperada
09-30-2014, 04:57 PM
They played James Dean on the radio today, to mark the anniversary of his death, 59 years ago today.

The Disco Strangler
09-30-2014, 10:44 PM
I heard TITTL when I got into the truck and turned on Sirius/XM. It kinda bums me out that they have channels for Pearl Jam, Jimmy Buffet, The Grateful Dead, and everyone else under the sun, but no Eagles channel. :weep:

VAisForEagleLovers
10-01-2014, 07:45 AM
I heard TITTL when I got into the truck and turned on Sirius/XM. It kinda bums me out that they have channels for Pearl Jam, Jimmy Buffet, The Grateful Dead, and everyone else under the sun, but no Eagles channel. :weep:

I've sent them numerous emails on the subject. Perhaps if more people requested it? They could play Eagles, solo stuff, etc.

Brooke
10-01-2014, 11:57 AM
I wondered about that too. I wonder if the guys would have to approve something like that?

The Disco Strangler
10-01-2014, 08:51 PM
I never thought about the band having to approve the channel. Maybe they do? I will try emailing Sirius and beg them to start an Eagles channel, heh. I think it'd be awesome to hear their solo, live, and album stuff.

zeldabjr
10-04-2014, 09:45 PM
about 30 seconds after I walked into WalMart today...they started playing "How Long"!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
10-05-2014, 07:10 PM
This is at least the second time this has happened to me in less than a year, so I guess it may be passing out of the 'unexpected' category. I was doing 80+ in what turned out to be a 55mph zone, the construction zone started sooner than I'd thought. I was in the 'fast lane' and I decided I'd slow down after passing the vehicle on my right. Ahead was a policeman in the median. I noticed the 55mph zone, my speed, and the cop all within about three seconds and just as I saw the policeman, Life In The Fast Lane comes on the radio, Classic Vinyl this time. Fortunately, the radar gun was pointed at the oncoming traffic... At least I wasn't 'holding'.

Brooke
10-06-2014, 02:07 PM
You lucked out there VA! :lol:

Glennsallnighter
10-06-2014, 04:46 PM
I heard 'Leather and Lace' on the radio yesterday.

VAisForEagleLovers
10-16-2014, 07:58 PM
I was on the way home from work, and the USB device wasn't properly connected to my stereo system, so I turned to 80's on 8, thinking maybe I'd hear one of Glenn's songs there. It was playing something, I forget what, then the very next song was The Heat Is On!!!!!!!

The Disco Strangler
10-17-2014, 07:33 PM
I like listening to the Bridge on Siriux/XM. They always play Eagles tunes. :thumbsup:

shunlvswx
10-17-2014, 11:25 PM
I was in Wendy's getting a quick bite to eat and New Kid In Town was playing. At first I didn know it was on until I heard, "when you're not around."

zeldabjr
11-06-2014, 03:23 AM
went to WalMart..not usually a pleasant task...but I walked in..and they started playing "How Long"...:)

thelastresort
11-06-2014, 08:34 AM
Was walking past the Main Hall at uni the other day and someone was playing Hotel California (very loudly) over the speaker. Superb :D

Brooke
11-06-2014, 10:45 AM
went to WalMart..not usually a pleasant task...but I walked in..and they started playing "How Long"...:)

Not to change the subject here, but does anyone HATE Walmart more than I do? But yet, I keep going back! They are cheaper! I hate it but I want to save the money so I keep subjecting myself to it! :-x :crazy:

Ok, rant over, carry on!

shunlvswx
11-06-2014, 03:37 PM
I hate it sometimes, Brooke. I try my best to NOT go to Walmart.

Speaking of Walmart. Last week while trying to get my costume I ordered online and How Long came on. I was shocked to here it. I also hear Love Will Keep Us Alive somewhere. I don't remember.

VAisForEagleLovers
11-15-2014, 02:00 PM
A little while ago, Classic Vinyl played Best of My Love, and now Classic Rewind is playing Those Shoes. I'm sitting here smiling, my eyes closed, and thinking about being at one of the HOTE concerts.

WalshFan88
11-17-2014, 04:31 PM
Forgot to mention I heard "Victim Of Love" the other day on the radio on the way to the airport! Normally don't hear it on the radio.

GlennLover
11-19-2014, 11:56 PM
Today I heard New Kid In Town while I was getting my teeth cleaned at the dentist's office. I can't really say that I heard it unexpectedly as it's rare that I don't hear an Eagles song there.

Funk 50
11-21-2014, 07:41 AM
Seeing Joe strumming the opening chords of County Fair during the Foo Fighter documentary. That song has been dormant since he released it in 1974! (but not in my record collection) ;)

11-24-2014, 11:39 PM
Well, I decided to go to the grocery store yesterday to try to beat the Thanksgiving crowd - it didn't work! I was in the store for over 1 1/2 hours. But, on the positive side is that while in there, I heard How Long, and then a little while later they played Lyin' Eyes. They both brought a big smile to my face!

sad-cafe
12-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Craig Wayne Boyd on The Voice tonight

Take it Easy

sodascouts
12-02-2014, 12:47 AM
Cool! How did he do?

I'm watching Jobs, the documentary about Steve Jobs, and they just played "Life's Been Good" as he's putting together the first prototype home computer. Neat!

Funk 50
12-02-2014, 07:06 AM
Seeing Joe strumming the opening chords of County Fair during the Foo Fighter documentary. That song has been dormant since he released it in 1974! (but not in my record collection) ;)

For the first time since it was released, almost exactly 40 years ago, Joe performed County Fair live, at his New York show last night!

Hail the Foo Fighters!

thelastresort
12-02-2014, 08:14 AM
Cool! How did he do?

I'm watching Jobs, the documentary about Steve Jobs, and they just played "Life's Been Good" as he's putting together the first prototype home computer. Neat!

I believe the Eagles were his favourite band.

sad-cafe
12-02-2014, 10:03 PM
He did great, but it was more like Travis Trit. I hope he makes it to the semis.

WalshFan88
12-06-2014, 02:19 AM
I just heard a Glenn song on the radio I was not familiar with. The local radio station was playing requests for charity money and they played "Party Town"... I was not familiar with it - I think it might just be my favorite Glenn solo tune. I love how groovin' it is. Very Chuck Berry. I seriously love this song. It's a rocker. How I didn't know about it before but I didn't. Perhaps I heard it but never truly gave it any time.

My favorite line (it has to be said): "And told everybody they could kiss my @ss". Almost like Already Gone, it has a stick-it-to-the-man vibe and is an uplifting song.... I love all the lyrics though and the guitar work is quite nice.

scottside
12-06-2014, 10:07 AM
This is one of my favorites by Glenn, too. I wish he would rock out more because he definitely can do it!

Freypower
12-06-2014, 07:58 PM
I just heard a Glenn song on the radio I was not familiar with. The local radio station was playing requests for charity money and they played "Party Town"... I was not familiar with it - I think it might just be my favorite Glenn solo tune. I love how groovin' it is. Very Chuck Berry. I seriously love this song. It's a rocker. How I didn't know about it before but I didn't. Perhaps I heard it but never truly gave it any time.

My favorite line (it has to be said): "And told everybody they could kiss my @ss". Almost like Already Gone, it has a stick-it-to-the-man vibe and is an uplifting song.... I love all the lyrics though and the guitar work is quite nice.

It's from No Fun Aloud. It is not a particular favourite of mine. He did do a version of it in Tokyo where he combined it with I Saw Her Standing There, which as far as I was concerned was the highlight.

But it's in the Dublin video, Austin. You have seen that, haven't you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e37DBJ2SBYw

WalshFan88
12-06-2014, 10:52 PM
It's from No Fun Aloud. It is not a particular favourite of mine. He did do a version of it in Tokyo where he combined it with I Saw Her Standing There, which as far as I was concerned was the highlight.

But it's in the Dublin video, Austin. You have seen that, haven't you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e37DBJ2SBYw

Yeah I have. I guess I just never really gave it a critical or serious listen... I really like uptempo shuffle type songs and am a sucker for those so I really liked this one off the bat once I actually listened to it like I did Smuggler's Blues, The Heat Is On, You Belong To The City, etc.

sodascouts
12-07-2014, 01:50 AM
It's always a fun surprise to rediscover a song like that!

WalshFan88
12-07-2014, 07:13 AM
It's always a fun surprise to rediscover a song like that!

Yep!

12-07-2014, 12:42 PM
I am one that loves Partytown - I know it's an adolescent romp, but that's what it's supposed to be. To me, it's a really good song and it's just plain FUN!

Austin, have you ever listened to the entire No Fun Aloud album? If not, you may want to give it a listen. I have a feeling you would like a lot of it. :thumbsup:

UndertheWire
12-07-2014, 02:24 PM
Strictly Come Dancing (UK DWTS) opened with an "american smooth" danced to Heartache Tonight. It seemed an odd combination but in a way rather neat that the first time I've watched it this season, they had an Eagles tune.

WalshFan88
12-07-2014, 02:54 PM
Austin, have you ever listened to the entire No Fun Aloud album? If not, you may want to give it a listen. I have a feeling you would like a lot of it. :thumbsup:

I have it on vinyl but never listened to it! I'll do that tonight...