PDA

View Full Version : Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

miro
08-19-2019, 06:41 AM
I played lighting link slots (https://fa-fa-fa-slot-online.com/lightning-link-slot/) yesterday, and the "Hotel California" played on the radio, so I grabbed my wife and started dancing with her.:guitar::drool:

sodascouts
08-22-2019, 10:29 PM
Heard "Boys of Summer" in the store... only it was the wrong one!

I guess this falls under "Thought I was hearing the Eagles unexpectedly only to be disappointed" lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKCv2jKzsx8

shunlvswx
08-22-2019, 11:49 PM
Well that was an interesting version. Other than the music is a little faster, its almost the same. I thought it was ok, but this version is not my cup of tea. I don't like this genre, but I watch the whole video.

I wonder if Don knows about this version. This came out in 2003 and their version was certified gold.

thelastresort
08-25-2019, 10:37 AM
Hasn't Henley commented on their lack of use of the 'Deadhead' line in the past?

thelastresort
08-25-2019, 10:45 AM
Found it, from an interview with the Montreal Gazette during Cass County promotion. The most Don Henley comments of all time to boot.

MG: Were you OK with the Ataris changing “Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac” to “Black Flag sticker” in their Boys of Summer cover?DH: Not really. No, not really. But I wasn’t upset enough to do anything about it. I just went, “OK. Fine.” And if you noticed, we haven’t heard much from the Ataris since then. You know that story, right, what happened to them?
MG: I can’t remember.
DH: I mean, they wrote some songs, very poorly — they were not very good songwriters — and they put out an album, and the only song that people would want to hear when they did a concert was Boys of Summer. And the lead singer apparently got so angry about it that he had a T-shirt made that said “Who the f— is Don Henley?”, or “Who the hell is Don Henley?” or something like that. And he would apparently wear that on stage (laughs) … and I thought that was really childish. But it was funny at the same time, because it was a clear message to them that they needed to work on their craftsmanship.

https://montrealgazette.com/entertainment/music/qa-don-henley-on-growing-up-in-cass-county-eagles-and-coping-with-the-loss-of-glenn-frey

sodascouts
08-25-2019, 09:30 PM
Found it, from an interview with the Montreal Gazette during Cass County promotion. The most Don Henley comments of all time to boot.

https://montrealgazette.com/entertainment/music/qa-don-henley-on-growing-up-in-cass-county-eagles-and-coping-with-the-loss-of-glenn-frey

Wow! I had no idea about all that drama, or I had forgotten about it lol. I can't believe that guy wore a disrespectful shirt like that at his concerts. It's not Don's fault that his song is so much better than theirs. lol Plus it totally distracts from the Ataris' music.

(Although I notice that even their band name is a rip-off of another company's product!)

Ive always been a dreamer
08-26-2019, 10:35 AM
I gotta agree with you about this, Soda. If a band isn't talented enough to create their own high quality original music and, instead, resorts to covering a classic song by a legendary singer, then they should be prepared for some negative feedback.

Thank for tracking down the interview, tlr.

LuvTim
08-28-2019, 12:45 AM
Watching Seinfeld. Elaine's date tells her to stop talking so he can hear "Desperado" on the car radio. 😊 Elaine likes "Witchy Woman. " (Witch-ay Woe-man!)

shunlvswx
08-29-2019, 04:13 PM
Oh my. How the heck you never heard of Don Henley. I guess they never heard of the Eagles. Heck Hotel California. They would had known who Don Henley is. Don't hate on Don. He had every right to be angry especially when you changed a well known line in a song.

Don has been out for almost 50 years and he's still big today. Like Don said. Where are they now? I've never heard of this band. Plus their music is not my cup of tea. They just did a very fast version of The Boys Of Summer.

LuvTim
08-31-2019, 12:26 AM
Oh my. How the heck you never heard of Don Henley. I guess they never heard of the Eagles. Heck Hotel California. They would had known who Don Henley is. Don't hate on Don. He had every right to be angry especially when you changed a well known line in a song.

Don has been out for almost 50 years and he's still big today. Like Don said. Where are they now? I've never heard of this band. Plus their music is not my cup of tea. They just did a very fast version of The Boys Of Summer.

I totally agree with shun. :nod:

groupie2686
09-21-2019, 11:42 PM
I keep forgetting to post this...I heard The End of the Innocence at the grocery store a few weeks ago and New Kid in Town at a restaurant during a business lunch.

thelastresort
09-22-2019, 05:49 AM
Had Long Road Out of Eden on the radio over here the other day. Never, ever heard that before.

09-22-2019, 10:47 AM
Wow groupie - it doesn't get much better than those two songs. Lucky you!

And tlr - I was trying to think back and I don't think I ever heard LROOE on the radio either. Did they play the entire song or were parts of it cut?

thelastresort
09-22-2019, 11:59 AM
And tlr - I was trying to think back and I don't think I ever heard LROOE on the radio either. Did they play the entire song or were parts of it cut?

In full thankfully, it's a relatively old-school rock station so there's no aversion to playing things in full - they do a lot of the longer genres (Southern, prog etc.) so there's plenty of long plays. Having a gander through their archived playlist, it seems they also did The Last Resort last week too. Quite refreshing given they usually fall into the trap a lot of stations do of just playing singles.

sodascouts
09-22-2019, 02:15 PM
Wow - the whole thing? That's amazing!

shunlvswx
09-23-2019, 09:05 AM
I was at a gas station Saturday to get a icee and there was a car blasting Life In The Fast Lane. You don't hear that everyday. :hilarious:

WalshFan88
09-27-2019, 05:28 AM
Heard "On The Border" on Classic Vinyl XM/Sirius a couple days ago. I don't hear that one on the radio too often.

09-28-2019, 11:41 AM
It a rarity around here as well, Austin. I'm one that likes the song a lot, so I love it when I do hear it played. On the other hand, shun, Life in the Fast Lane gets a pretty good amount of play from our stations, but, I sure don't mind that either. :thumbsup:

shunlvswx
09-28-2019, 09:46 PM
True, Dreamer. But hearing it blasting from another vehicle other than yours is so cool.

KingWalsh
09-29-2019, 01:10 PM
I heard "The Heat is On" -Glenn at Duchess Restaurant this morning and yesterday I heard "All Night Long"--Joe on 101.5....I cranked that up! Around here they only play RMW and LBG so it was great hearing it!! It drives me nuts that song selections are.so limited.....

MarthaJo56
12-06-2019, 08:16 PM
This afternoon I was at the grocery store buying corn husks to make tamales. In between all the Christmas & holiday music, what to my wondering ears do I hear??? "HOW LONG" !!!!! Of course, I sang along. :heart:

FreyFollower
01-16-2020, 01:55 AM
Today at work, I heard "The Long Run", "All She Wants to do is Dance", AND "Lyin' Eyes"! They can keep that up!:grin:

MarthaJo56
01-16-2020, 04:33 AM
Shopping in our natural food store today, Lyin' Eyes came on. <3

01-18-2020, 01:11 PM
Love it when we hear these songs - but FF - that daily triple is really special. And it's funny the both of you heard Lyin' Eyes the same day.

CAinOH
02-09-2020, 08:49 PM
Things happened at work this week that reminded me I need to be kicking in this third career of mine. Today was the monthly meeting of a (significant) local writers group. This time it was a talk/q&a with 4 local romance writers. These meetings are held in a big book store. There is a pa system that plays music, real music, but the speaker is far from the meeting area, and I would only occasionally catch snippets of music...

Until (toward the end of the meeting during the q&a), I hear Glenn singing "Peaceful, Easy Feeling." For those four minutes, I can't tell you what they were talking about. I tried to pay attention, honest I did. (And I was taking notes for me and two other people!) Seriously, I can't tell you any other song that was played all afternoon. But my brain zeroed in on that one.

Brooke
02-10-2020, 03:34 PM
Things happened at work this week that reminded me I need to be kicking in this third career of mine. Today was the monthly meeting of a (significant) local writers group. This time it was a talk/q&a with 4 local romance writers. These meetings are held in a big book store. There is a pa system that plays music, real music, but the speaker is far from the meeting area, and I would only occasionally catch snippets of music...

Until (toward the end of the meeting during the q&a), I hear Glenn singing "Peaceful, Easy Feeling." For those four minutes, I can't tell you what they were talking about. I tried to pay attention, honest I did. (And I was taking notes for me and two other people!) Seriously, I can't tell you any other song that was played all afternoon. But my brain zeroed in on that one.

LOL!!! Check your notes, CA!

02-10-2020, 07:22 PM
Well CA - your mind zeroed in on that song must mean that you have exceptional musical taste. Congrats! :cheers:

Brooke
02-11-2020, 02:51 PM
I heard All She Wants to do is Dance this morning in the drivers license office! <<dancing icon>> :rockon:

edwardd19
02-13-2020, 04:08 PM
https://www.instagram.com/eaglesbandpage/?hl=en

02-15-2020, 12:29 PM
Well Brooke - I hope you didn't break out in a dance! :twisted:

And thanks for that link, Edward. That is a cool page. The only problem is after I listened to a couple of songs, it wants me to log in and I don't have (or want) an Instagram account.

MarthaJo56
02-18-2020, 05:21 AM
I was just watching an old repeat of "Friends"..."The One with Two Parts"
The song at the end (Ross's monkey , Marcel, was in the hospital with everyone gathered around him) , was a short clip of "New York Minute".

Brooke
02-18-2020, 03:33 PM
I was just watching an old repeat of "Friends"..."The One with Two Parts"
The song at the end (Ross's monkey , Marcel, was in the hospital with everyone gathered around him) , was a short clip of "New York Minute".

Lol! I've been watching old shows too and just saw this one last week!

shunlvswx
02-19-2020, 10:42 AM
I was a cruise 2 weeks ago for my birthday. That Friday. I walked to the main part of the ship for music trivia party, they are playing Don's and some of the Eagles music before they turned it off. I was so shocked. They played about over 5 songs. I remembered them playing Sunset Grill, The Heart Of The Matter, The End Of The Innocence, New York Minute and I think the Long Run.

MarthaJo56
03-05-2020, 05:14 PM
This morning, I was waiting in the car while my son was at a job interview and heard the live acoustic version of "Hotel California" on one of our local L.A. radio stations. I rarely hear that version. I LOVE the acoustic guitar solo. :guitar::rockguitar:

03-05-2020, 09:16 PM
Yep MJ - I agree it is rare to hear this version on the radio, so that is still pretty cool. TBH, I don't recall ever hearing it, but, then again, I hardly ever listen to the radio anymore.

KingWalsh
03-07-2020, 10:25 AM
So my daughter's school had a pasta fundraiser dinner, and she said they played "Hotel California", "Tequila Sunrise" and "Lyin Eyes". She told the person in charge of music, "Rockin to the Eagles tonight I see.". The DJ said " most kids your age Don't know who they are. I'm surprised. " my daughter replied "you don't know my mom." 😊🎸🎶

03-07-2020, 11:01 AM
Well KW - All I can say is that it looks like you raised her right! :thumbsup:

New Kid In Town
03-07-2020, 12:24 PM
So my daughter's school had a pasta fundraiser dinner, and she said they played "Hotel California", "Tequila Sunrise" and "Lyin Eyes". She told the person in charge of music, "Rockin to the Eagles tonight I see.". The DJ said " most kids your age Don't know who they are. I'm surprised. " my daughter replied "you don't know my mom." 😊🎸🎶

LOL ! Well, KW, like Dreamer said, you raised her right ! Does she like Eagles music ?

KingWalsh
03-07-2020, 06:01 PM
Aww thanks Nkit and Dreamer 😃. She says she likes them but I play them too much (is that even possible??) She loves classic rock though especially The Beatles, Fleetwood Mac and big time Stevie Nicks
fan.

groupie2686
03-09-2020, 09:00 PM
I heard The Heat is On in the drugstore today. I rarely hear Glenn's solo songs while out - it put a smile on my face!

Glennsallnighter
03-10-2020, 07:45 AM
I heard The Heat is On in the drugstore today. I rarely hear Glenn's solo songs while out - it put a smile on my face!
I bet it did Groupie! I love hearing Glenn :heart:'s songs unexpectedly too

I was at a conference last week. I went into the Conference hall early on Freyday morning. The sound guy was just setting up. he played background music! TIE, followed by PEF and finally LE before they got started!! What a great start to my day it was!!

groupie2686
03-21-2020, 06:15 PM
I heard Take It Easy at the grocery store today!

KingWalsh
07-30-2020, 10:46 AM
So, the other day I was doing a disco themed cardio workout (don’t judge me!! :blush: :laugh:) when all of a sudden Hotel California starts playing. :headscratch:

CAinOH
07-30-2020, 11:50 AM
So, the other day I was doing a disco themed cardio workout (don’t judge me!! :blush: :laugh:) when all of a sudden Hotel California starts playing. :headscratch:

Wait... Hotel California and disco? How did that work out?

KingWalsh
07-30-2020, 12:34 PM
Well that’s the thing :lol: I was getting my cardio on, was tired of the same old same ol, so tried this instead and was high energy and it went from track to track and was like “born to be alive” and then bam “Hotel California” plays. The original not remixed or anything. It was so unexpected....so awkward.....yet as if they knew I was listening! :lol:

New Kid In Town
08-01-2020, 10:05 AM
Well that’s the thing :lol: I was getting my cardio on, was tired of the same old same ol, so tried this instead and was high energy and it went from track to track and was like “born to be alive” and then bam “Hotel California” plays. The original not remixed or anything. It was so unexpected....so awkward.....yet as if they knew I was listening! :lol:

KW - Lol ! Sounds like you had a great workout. Gyms are not yet open here and I have no idea when they will be able to open. I am thing about maybe buying some kind of gym equipment - not sure what though.

08-01-2020, 12:03 PM
That is a funny story, KW. Our gyms are closed too and it'll probably be a long time before I feel safe enough to go back. I had been taking a daily walk around the neighborhood each day, but here lately, it's been so hot I've gotten out of the habit. I have turned my daily exercise routine into a game around the house just making up stuff as I go along. I sure wouldn't want any video cameras around though. :stunned: Since I am working at home full-time, I get up and do some goofy made up routine every time I take a break. Maybe, I should make up a routine for all the Eagles songs. :wink: :grin:

KingWalsh
08-05-2020, 03:58 AM
Ya our gyms are open but with restrictions. I just do stuff at home. I have a basic kettlebell set basic dumbbell set, resistance bands (I love these so portable...have both the loops and the handle variety) and then with Corona I did some diy/CrossFit type stuff outside. Tires (various exercises can be done with these believe it or not) and did battle ropes with old garden hose. I know it’s not as heavy, but it’s rather long so the length makes it a challenge. My yard is sloped, so I go up and down at a quick pace. But with the heat, I haven’t been working out outside much. So I do a lot of YouTube vids in basement.

It’s funny you say that about the Eagles....my kids tease me relentlessly about doing that. Or if I have my headset on they tease non stop “are you sweatin to the Eagles?” Hmmph!

MarthaJo56
08-19-2020, 08:49 PM
It wasn't the whole song, but David Plouffe, from President Obama's campaign, just quoted Hotel California on the DNC preshow on MSNBC. "You can check out any time you'd like, but you can never leave".:nod:

groupie2686
08-30-2020, 07:28 PM
Awesome! David Plouffe was the convocation speaker when I graduated from college.

I heard Sunset Grill in the grocery store yesterday!

Elle81
09-11-2020, 05:22 PM
Does hearing the songs on the radio count?

Because the local radio stations that I listen to, are obsessed with Hotel California. I was out three days in a row about two weeks ago and heard that song (both studio and live acoustic versions) at least once each day. Now, I'm not saying I hate that song, I just am a little tired of the radio stations only playing that one. I also heard TIE, TITTL and PEF a few times as well. One day I heard Already Gone and had to stop myself from singing out loud with that one. I barely ever hear that on the radio, so I was a bit surprised when that song began. :grin:

MarthaJo56
09-13-2020, 12:46 AM
My Kevin & I were in the nutritional food store today and heard
"New Kid in Town" Then when we were done, "Hotel California" was on the radio :guitar:

groupie2686
09-19-2020, 06:38 PM
I heard The Last Worthless Evening in the grocery store yesterday. My local grocery store loves to play Don Henley!

KingWalsh
09-21-2020, 03:57 AM
Funny you say that...my grocery store, ShopRite, plays a lot of solo Beatles and Eagles stuff. And the other day I was listening to a podcast discussing Dan Ackroyd having A show about haunted hotels. The podcaster sang “welcome to the Hotel Paranormal”. Unexpected. :lol:

Elle81
09-23-2020, 09:20 PM
So I've been having a pretty bad week, and I had gone to Walmart to wait for my sister back in California to wire me money. While walking around the store waiting for her to call and say she had gotten to the store, I suddenly hear "and the bright lights had faded to blue" They were playing Take It To The Limit! I instantly felt my spirits lift and I ended up standing under a speaker singing along to the rest of the song. :grin:

MarthaJo56
10-02-2020, 02:15 PM
Here in California, I stream an awesome radio station from Vermont which I always listened towhen we lived there for their diverse classic rock music. This morning, the played "Try and Love Again", a song rarely heard on the radio. :grooving::grooving:

NightMistBlue
10-04-2020, 04:25 PM
MarthaJo, what’s the name of the Vermont station?

Today I was walking in a park and three women passed by me on the trail singing “Seven Bridges Road.”

groupie2686
10-04-2020, 05:05 PM
I heard The Last Worthless Evening at the grocery store again! A favorite of my local store, apparently!

Elle81
10-04-2020, 10:33 PM
The other day I was walking over to the library, and had my headphones on listening to the radio. I had turned it on and heard the last few lines of Boys of Summer. Then they started playing All she wants to do is dance. Then they played Last worthless evening! I stopped in my tracks and said out loud "am I trippin' or was that three in a row?" and then after that song ended I heard the dj say "that was an entire block of Don Henley". That was an awesome little coincidence considering I was on my way to the library to get some Eagles CDs that I had requested.

MarthaJo56
10-05-2020, 06:18 AM
MarthaJo, what’s the name of the Vermont station?

Today I was walking in a park and three women passed by me on the trail singing “Seven Bridges Road.”

It's 101.7 WCVT. It used to be called "101 the One". It's an independently owned station. They play huge variety of mostly 70's & 80's and some 60's music. 8-)
Today, I heard "Heartache Tonight", Poco's "You Better Think Twice" and Jackson Browne's "Fountain of Sorrow" all in a row.

groupie2686
10-11-2020, 08:52 PM
Life in the Fast Lane was playing in a pet store I went to yesterday!

groupie2686
11-01-2020, 10:01 PM
I was watching an episode of Hawaii Five 0, guest starring Jimmy Buffett, and it played Funk 49!

KingWalsh
11-05-2020, 08:13 PM
Cool groupie! Who would've thunk? I had to go to 6+ hours of training at work when we took a break I went to get a coke zero when over head "The Long Run" was on! Oh ya! :partytime:

KingWalsh
12-15-2020, 08:29 PM
Well today was a double whammy! I heard "ordinary average guy" on the radio while going to the store.... (Never hear that on radio!) Then when I got to the store they played "Please Come Home for Christmas"! Lucky Me!

sodascouts
12-18-2020, 11:20 AM
Well today was a double whammy! I heard "ordinary average guy" on the radio while going to the store.... (Never hear that on radio!) Then when I got to the store they played "Please Come Home for Christmas"! Lucky Me!

I have been hearing "Please Come Home for Christmas" almost daily recently. Since I set it as my ringtone as well, it's been lots of fun!

KingWalsh
12-20-2020, 05:55 AM
Lol Soda, clever. :smile:

12-20-2020, 11:18 AM
I didn't hear Please Come Home for Christmas unexpectedly because I'm not doing a lot of instore shopping this year. But, since I hadn't heard the song this year, I played it myself last night. Good idea with the ringtone, Soda.

Elle81
12-23-2020, 06:04 PM
I was out on the metro train yesterday and had my earbuds in, listening to the radio when the first few chords of Joe's Life's Been Good started. I must have been so lost in thought, because I had forgotten how that song begins! I sat there thinking "gee, this melody sounds awfully familiar" and then I heard the first verse and instantly started laughing. Like seriously? I can't believe I forgot how that song starts out. Fail. :rofl:

FreyFollower
01-22-2021, 12:46 PM
Heard "Already Gone" in Tractor Supply :grin:, then on the drive home I heard "New Kid in Town" on the radio. What was unusual about that was I was listening to a classic country station. I checked it out, and NKIT reached #43 on the country charts.

01-23-2021, 01:06 PM
Now that's what I call a good day, FF. I know a lot of folks consider NKIT a country song, but my ears just don't hear it.

MarthaJo56
01-23-2021, 03:25 PM
Just now (Saturday morning) I heard "Try & Love Again" on the Vermont radio station that I stream from California. You'd think that southern California would have better music than pop or hip hop. But no. It's not like when I grew up here in the 70's. To hear music that I really like on the radio, I have to stream from Vermont. It's 101.7 WCVT if anyone is interested.

KingWalsh
01-29-2021, 05:43 AM
Wow that’s impressive I never heard TALA on radio. Beautiful. Good stations are hard to find. I’ll give it a try. So many are so repetitive now a days. I listen to 88.5 SoCal, introduced by Joe’s show, I like it very eclectic and gives rising rock stars a platform, so many stations don’t even play new rock artists. 107 the peak from NY is pretty good too.

Ariadne
02-11-2021, 10:22 PM
I went into the local dollar store a couple weeks ago and they had an Eagles CD playing over the sound system. Needless to say, I took my time shopping, lol. Got to hear "Take it Easy", "Take it to the Limit" and a couple others.

Scamp
02-12-2021, 09:00 AM
Heading out to get my covid shot last week. Pulling out of the garage and I get Funk 49, James Gang. About half way there I get Life of Illusion. That set the day for me. After shot and heading home, right out of the lot I get Rocky Mt Way and almost home Confessor. Must have been a Joe Walsh day on XM classic vinyl. Normally I just get one Joe and a few Eagles songs.

MarthaJo56
02-14-2021, 01:21 AM
Just now (Saturday morning) I heard "Try & Love Again" on the Vermont radio station that I stream from California. You'd think that southern California would have better music than pop or hip hop. But no. It's not like when I grew up here in the 70's. To hear music that I really like on the radio, I have to stream from Vermont. It's 101.7 WCVT if anyone is interested.

Again, tonight, on the same station, I heard "Good day in Hell"!!!

FreyFollower
02-14-2021, 04:40 PM
Again, tonight, on the same station, I heard "Good day in Hell"!!!
So rare to hear GDIH on radio!:cool: I've been hearing a lot of Eagles songs in random places lately.
In Walmart, as a prelude to a Valentine ad on the PA, were the first 3 sexy sax notes from You Belong to the City. I don't know if they would have to pay, using so little. It certainly caught my attention, but I was only mad not to hear the rest of the song!

02-14-2021, 05:34 PM
lol - good point, FF.

And scamp - how lucky to hear that JoeFest, for sure. Wonder what they were celebrating Joe for? Pretty cool no matter what!

MarthaJo56
02-18-2021, 06:59 PM

It happened again!!! This same station is playing "King of Hollywood"!!!!

KingWalsh
02-20-2021, 04:44 AM
No way KOH?!?! That is ultra rare. I love that song. So cool. Man gonna definitely be listening to that station more.

MarthaJo56
02-21-2021, 02:20 PM
No way KOH?!?! That is ultra rare. I love that song. So cool. Man gonna definitely be listening to that station more.

And then this morning, they played "James Dean"!!!

Scamp
02-27-2021, 08:50 AM
Heading out for 2nd shot and heard "James Dean". Haven't really heard that song on the radio very often. I like to listen to XM Classic Vinyl channel. They play some of the Eagles older songs and some of their solo songs too.

FreyFollower
03-03-2021, 04:37 PM
Well, I was trying to post from Twitter a clip of Tim McGraw and his brothers singing Hotel California in the car on a road trip. Just then, Tim said he was made to mute it! It was only 14 seconds long! :-(

MarthaJo56
03-03-2021, 05:31 PM
While shopping at Trader Joe's the other day, I was marveling at the great songs they were playing. I was thinking all we need is some Eagles. Then sure enough, "Already Gone" come on. :heart::heart::heart:

groupie2686
03-03-2021, 10:34 PM
I heard The Heat is On in the pharmacy today!

MarthaJo56
03-06-2021, 04:57 PM
That same station I listen to from Vermont played "Last Resort" today. It is NEVER played on the radio!

Ariadne
03-07-2021, 02:58 AM
Went to Denny's for lunch after my daughter's dental appointment and "You Belong to the City" started playing about 5 minutes after we got there.

Elle81
03-24-2021, 05:10 PM
For some reason, the Deseret Industries thrift stores in the Salt Lake Valley love to play Eagles songs. I've heard "Lyin' Eyes" "Take It Easy" "Peaceful Easy Feeling" and "New Kid In Town" at various locations. And just yesterday, while at the DI in Provo, I heard "Doolin' Dalton"! I was so surprised because I never hear that song while I am out and about. It was awesome.

And at the Savers thrift store in Lehi, I heard "Leather and Lace". However the clerks interrupted the song so many times, I said very loudly "Holy crap, dude! can y'all wait until the freaking song is over with?!"

MarthaJo56
04-14-2021, 10:59 PM
You know that radio station from Vermont that I always talk about that I listen to?
Tonight, they played, of all songs, Journey of the Sorcerer!!!

KingWalsh
04-22-2021, 10:45 AM
MJ that is an absolute first! JOS on radio what??? I don’t think anyone will beat that. :thumbsup:

Well I finally got around to watching Ray Donovan now that it’s on Peacock, and was wondering if Eagles would be played since it’s based in LA....and then surprise! In one episode , The Kalamazoo, his wife was in car and Hotel California was on. And then as the episode is ending it’s on again but this time from Hell Freezes Over acoustic version.

New Kid In Town
04-22-2021, 07:03 PM
You know that radio station from Vermont that I always talk about that I listen to?
Tonight, they played, of all songs, Journey of the Sorcerer!!!

WOW - I have to say I have not heard TLR played on the radio since maybe the late 70's to early 80's. Very cool Martha !

04-23-2021, 10:29 AM
I went to the dentist yesterday and got a twofer - first they played Love Will Keep Us Alive and about four songs later Heartache Tonight came on. I told my dentist that I was going to have a hard time keeping still for that one. ;)

Elle81
05-01-2021, 03:53 PM
April 10th I was working on the ground floor back end of Amazon's wearhouse and I heard Golden Earring's Radar Love. One of the forklift operators had hooked his iPod up to a set of gigantic speakers, which was by one of the break areas that I had to clean. After Radar Love, I heard Bon Jovi's Wanted dead or alive. I had to pass by the speakers as I went on my rotations and as I walked away while Areosmith played, I said to myself "please play some Eagles!" 20 minutes later, I could've sworn I heard Henley's voice on the speakers. Where I was at made it a bit muffled so I walked out towards to the break area and sure enough "Then she lit up her candle..." pumped out of the speaker! They were playing Hotel California! So of course I had to listen to it and sing at the top of my lungs. Not too long after, the guy's supervisor came and shut it down. But hey, at least I got to hear one Eagles tune. :rofl:

Elle81
05-19-2021, 10:13 AM
The Salt Palace, SLC's convention center has been playing music on their loud speakers. The first day I worked, which has me being basically an usher for the health department showing people to the nurses giving out free covid vaccines, they played "Hotel California". Then it was nothing but house music (electronica and "pop music") for a few days. Then yesterday as I was coming back inside from my lunch break I heard "One of these nights" It was awesome.

MarthaJo56
06-02-2021, 10:22 PM
That radio station (WCVT-Vermont) that I stream & mention all the time, just played "Bitter Creek"!!!

groupie2686
07-06-2021, 08:54 PM
I was on hold with my pharmacy and the hold music was Love Will Keep Us Alive!

CAinOH
07-07-2021, 08:36 AM
I recently heard Eagles songs in a couple of unexpected places.

My husband and I are railfans. For the uninitiated: We like trains. We follow a bunch of YouTube channels that are just cameras set up where trains pass by. One of the channels is set up at an Amtrack station. Nothing else on television the other night (the train stuff makes great background noise, by the way), so hubby puts YouTube on the Roku. The Amtrack station comes into view and the Eagles are playing in the background! Lyin' Eyes. Hubby laughs. "There's a bar close to the depot," he explains. "I checked the map on this place." So, either the bar had an outside venue or the music was on really loud!

I try to walk the bike trail close to my office at lunch time. The path I walk is two miles from office to the part of the bike trail I walk and back again. I do see other walkers but mostly bikers from time to time. Last week a biker passed me, and he had a radio or some other music playing. Eagles. This time it was Already Gone. I laughed.

FreyFollower
07-07-2021, 11:25 PM
Wow! Great examples. I would love to see a map with points marked where an Eagles song is being played. It would boggle the mind! I bet even "our guys" would be surprised.

I have numerous train videos myself, CA!

groupie2686
07-12-2021, 09:24 PM
I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the cover songs thread, but I was watching an episode of Hawaii Five-0 and it played a cover of Smugglers Blues. I didn't know there was a cover of this...nowhere close to the original!

KingWalsh
07-13-2021, 03:35 AM
Great shares everybody. I just got back from wildwood,nj. Had a great time. :partytime::thumbsup: Going down the boardwalk, most stores were playing some rapper du jour. and then I got lucky BAM! “All she wants to do is Dance” LOUD….I Mean LOUD! Coming from a store! Ya Bruddha!!! :partytime:

CAinOH
07-13-2021, 08:04 AM
I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the cover songs thread, but I was watching an episode of Hawaii Five-0 and it played a cover of Smugglers Blues. I didn't know there was a cover of this...nowhere close to the original!

Jack Tempchin is singing that version. He posted it on his Facebook page once. I believe that was the season 2 finale?

groupie2686
07-18-2021, 03:46 PM
Jack Tempchin is singing that version. He posted it on his Facebook page once. I believe that was the season 2 finale?

It was a season finale, but season 5 or 6, I believe. I had no idea it was Jack Tempchin, I just thought, who is covering this and why isn't it Glenn!!

The show has used eagles-related songs before. Funk #49 was in an earlier episode.

MarthaJo56
07-20-2021, 10:25 AM
I heard Take it Easy while shopping in Trader Joe's the other day. My Kevin asked if my phone was ringing. That song is my ring tone. :heart::heart:

groupie2686
07-25-2021, 02:16 PM
I heard Take it Easy while shopping in Trader Joe's the other day. My Kevin asked if my phone was ringing. That song is my ring tone. :heart::heart:

Take It Easy is my ringtone too! Its created some interesting looks at work when I've forgotten to take it off vibrate!

FreyFollower
07-28-2021, 03:30 PM
My Mom was watching old "Hee Haw" reruns, and Buck Owens was singing Peaceful Easy Feeling. LOL!

KingWalsh
07-30-2021, 05:04 AM
FF that’s crazy. I’m gonna search that one! Thanks! I finally finished Ray Donovan…an uneven show in my opinion….anyhoo in the series finale I was surprised to hear “Desperado” (Linda rondstadt) during the recap.

MarthaJo56
08-06-2021, 05:36 PM
I take a water exercise class 2 days a week. Most of the music is pop set to techno--ya know--to supposedly get our hearts pumping.
Yesterday however, the playlist was 70's music-still set to techno type beat. It was mostly disco, but to my surprise, the last song of the day was "Hotel California"!!!

08-07-2021, 10:58 AM
Glad your gym has good taste, MJ. HC is probably THE definitive song of the 70s.

KingWalsh
08-10-2021, 04:11 AM
I take a water exercise class 2 days a week. Most of the music is pop set to techno--ya know--to supposedly get our hearts pumping.
Yesterday however, the playlist was 70's music-still set to techno type beat. It was mostly disco, but to my surprise, the last song of the day was "Hotel California"!!!

mj that’s too funny. I wonder if that was the same exercise playlist where it was all disco and outta nowhere came hotel California that I experienced. Nice!

KingWalsh
08-24-2021, 04:23 AM
Just got back from a few days at Hampton Beach NH. They have a stage where they have free concerts, a band called the CAB was playing and they started their set with “Take it Easy”. Wooooo!:yay:

08-24-2021, 06:39 PM
Well - IMHO, that band has good taste, too. :wink: :grin:

Elle81
08-24-2021, 10:44 PM
I head Glenn's "The One You Love" in the Taylorsville Goodwill today. It was cool because I never hear that song on the radio. The only solo songs of his that Salt Lake City radio stations ever play is The Heat Is On, and that is rare in itself. So this was a pleasant surprise.

MarthaJo56
08-29-2021, 01:48 AM
I haven't watched the movie "America's Sweethearts " for years! But I saw it was on, so I turned to it. I came in right at a scene where "Witchy Woman" was playing. I totally forgot that that song was in the movie.

tbsfan
09-04-2021, 10:08 PM
Not sure if this is the right place to mention it, but there is a funny Eagles/Hotel California mention (three, actually) in the new Marvel movie, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. I don't want to say too much for fear of spoiling it. Be sure to stick around for the mid-credits stinger. :-) It's a good movie too.

09-06-2021, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the info, MJ and TBS. I haven't seen either of these movies ... I'll have to check them out. :wink:

KingWalsh
09-10-2021, 07:43 AM
Tbsfan, being a marvel fan myself, I am definitely going to watch. I am not familiar with this character/story, but Marvel doesn't disappoint!! Ultimate Classic Rock had a story on it. I didn't read it though because I did t want spoilers
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagles-hotel-california-shang-chi-movie/

tbsfan
09-10-2021, 11:24 PM
Tbsfan, being a marvel fan myself, I am definitely going to watch. I am not familiar with this character/story, but Marvel doesn't disappoint!! Ultimate Classic Rock had a story on it. I didn't read it though because I did t want spoilers
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagles-hotel-california-shang-chi-movie/

I'm not a comic book fan so knew nothing about the character before seeing the movie either, but I think this is one of the best movies in the Avengers series. Glad I saw it in the theater too!

MarthaJo56
09-12-2021, 09:11 PM
My Kevin & I were in Lowe's yesterday buying some moving supplies (we're moving out to the desert-long story) and heard, of all songs,
"Sunset Grill".

09-13-2021, 10:34 AM
Well MJ - lucky you ... you'll be sleeping with a billion stars all around! :wink: :grin:

groupie2686
09-16-2021, 06:18 PM
I heard The Heat is On in the grocery store the other day!

sodascouts
09-19-2021, 11:46 PM
Not sure if this is the right place to mention it, but there is a funny Eagles/Hotel California mention (three, actually) in the new Marvel movie, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. I don't want to say too much for fear of spoiling it. Be sure to stick around for the mid-credits stinger. :-) It's a good movie too.

LOL Let me tell you, I was loving the way "Hotel California" was so prominently featured! What a treat for Eagles fans who are also Marvel fans, eh?

FreyFollower
10-10-2021, 03:47 AM
So, I didn't hear this, but it was reported in an article referring to Alan Jackson's setlist that he was now including Seven Bridges Road in his repotoire. Many believe the song refers to the road to Hank Williams' grave. Alan had a hit with Midnight in Montgomery (a spooky song about visiting Hank's grave), so that may be one of the reasons he connected with it.

groupie2686
10-11-2021, 09:34 PM
Funk #49 was in an episode of the new Magnum PI on Friday!

MarthaJo56
10-27-2021, 07:29 PM
I got a double whammy!!!
Today we were driving up Highway 395 to go grocery shopping, We were listening to an "alternative" station out of Bishop on the car radio. They play pretty obscure music, but I was happily surprised to hear "Outlaw Man" !!!
Then, when we were at the checkout line at the grocery store, "Dirty Laundry" came on!!

10-28-2021, 11:42 AM
So, I didn't hear this, but it was reported in an article referring to Alan Jackson's setlist that he was now including Seven Bridges Road in his repotoire. Many believe the song refers to the road to Hank Williams' grave. Alan had a hit with Midnight in Montgomery (a spooky song about visiting Hank's grave), so that may be one of the reasons he connected with it.

Thanks for the info, FF. I think we have some discussion somewhere on the board about whether or not the song is a reference to Hank Williams' grave site. As far as I know, I don't believe that Steve Young, the writer of the song, has ever confirmed this. From what I've read, the real Seven Bridges Road does not lead to the cemetery where Hank Williams is buried. But, I can see how some folks might draw an association to the road and grave site since they are in such close proximity.

MarthaJo56
11-16-2021, 02:51 PM
I got yet another double -whammy yesterday!
We were in the hardware store in Bishop and "Take it to the Limit" came on. It was nice & loud, so even when my Kevin was yakking at me at what size nails he needed, I could hear it. :love: Then we went to the grocery store and while in the checkout, the acoustic/live version of
"Hotel California" came on! :guitar::rockguitar::heart::heart::heart:

MarthaJo56
11-22-2021, 03:59 PM
This morning we were driving into town to get brakes for our Honda, and were listening to that quirky radio station out of Independence, CA. The one that I mentioned before that played "Out of Control".
Anyway, "Desperado" came on, but it was Johnny Cash's version!!! it was good, but kinda weird.
https://youtu.be/5WDD4rCNe4s

Elle81
11-29-2021, 10:00 PM
So I'm standing in the kitchen making myself dinner and what song comes on the radio but NKIT. That is in my top 5 all time favorite Eagles songs, so I start singing along with it. The song ends and the DJ comes on and says "That was Don Henley and The Eagles" I gasped and loudly said "that was Glenn Frey singing lead thankyouverymuch!"

And they call themselves a classic hit station...:doh:

12-04-2021, 09:30 PM
Yeah - You'd think those DJ's would have to pass a knowledge test or, at the very least, have some research info for them. The other alternative is to just keep your mouth shut! :laugh:

Elle81
12-05-2021, 02:31 AM
Yeah - You'd think those DJ's would have to pass a knowledge test or, at the very least, have some research info for them. The other alternative is to just keep your mouth shut! :laugh:

lol! Yes! My only guess is that he probably was a casual fan of the guys. Maybe he prefers heavier rock like Sabbath and Deep Purple, rather than what the Eagles sang. Or maybe he just had an off day. :spin:

groupie2686
12-12-2021, 10:53 PM
You Belong to the City played in the drugstore yesterday!